Roll Call
1 members (rickshaw1, rickshaw1, rickshaw1, rickshaw1), 3 Murran Spies, and 8 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Postlo3w stories *LATEST UPDATE 1 MAY*
by razsolo - 05/19/24 06:10 AM
Kill This Thread LIII - There's a Joker in Here!
by thoth lad - 05/19/24 05:38 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/19/24 02:54 AM
Legion Trivia 6
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/19/24 02:54 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/19/24 02:53 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/19/24 02:53 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/19/24 02:52 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/19/24 02:52 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 26 of 42 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 41 42
Re: Lightning Saga Legion in Action!
#58832 01/31/08 07:34 PM
Active
Active
Originally posted by Mystery Lad:

Or SUN BOY? Though he was referred to in LIGHTNING SAGA.

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">Sunboy is revealed to be imprisoned inside some sort of solar engine that appears to be manipulating his solar wavelength and broadcasting it to the Sun.</span></span>

#58833 01/31/08 08:58 PM
Active
Active
Originally posted by Zero Kahn:
Triplicate Girl/Duo Damsel/Una are all back in the 21st century.

I'm confused as to what we are suppose to assume about Luornu. If the Una that is back in time With KK is Action's Luornu... she should still be Duo Damsel as The Time Trapper/Glorith hasn't killed her 2nd body yet within Action's timeframe. So where is it? I've been assuming that Una is the first body of Lu's to die by Computo and that Duo Damsel still existed elsewhere. She hasn't actually been referred to in the current Action continuity yet has she?

The poster formerly known as Carggaphile.
#58834 01/31/08 09:00 PM
Active
Active
Originally posted by Mystery Lad:
I won't pick this up until tomorrow, but ELEMENT LAD hasn't appeared or been mentioned, has he?

No mention of Element Lad yet unfortunately.

The poster formerly known as Carggaphile.
#58835 01/31/08 09:55 PM
Substitute
Substitute
Damn I forgot all about Element Lad. As for the Lourna thing it is a bit wacky. I am going to assume that if it is her and not something else that will be reveiled in Countdown yet that some time between Crisis and the Lightning Saga she lost her 2nd body in some way. I don't think it would be at the hands of the Time Trapper/Glorith since that story should be gone now since the pocket univerese Superboy didn't exist for this team so they would not have been aveging his death like before.

#58836 02/01/08 08:39 AM
Leader
Leader
The old character/new Legionnaire's appearance has changed somewhat. Not sure which version I like better, but continuity is always a good thing imo.

It's hard to believe that none of the missing Legionnaires are dead, but I hope not.

Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com
#58837 02/01/08 08:40 AM
Leader
Leader
Just how is it that Wildfire was rendered unconscious by the shipwreck? Hello? Living anti-energy? He doesn't do unconscious does he? It seems to me the only way he's been defeated in the past was to have his suit punctured.

#58838 02/01/08 10:02 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Originally posted by Zero Kahn:
Well with the new issue of Action another old member is finally seen, and a new one that I actully really liked. So far I think they have shown or mentioned almost all the former members of the Legion from the Pre-Crisis team except 8 now.

They have accounted for White Witch as being given to Mordru, Dream Girl being back on Naltor, and Mon-El being thrown back into the Phantom Zone. Karate Kid, Starboy, and Triplicate Girl/Duo Damsel/Una are all back in the 21st century.

That just leaves:

Chameleon Boy
Bouncing Boy
Matter Eater Lad
Tyroc
Princess Projectra/Sensor Girl
Quislet
Tellus
Magnetic Kid

I can understand maybe not seeing Tyroc or even Magnetic Kid, Quislet, and Tellus in this story, but I can't belive that the other four would not show up at least in a small way. Especially not Chameleon Boy and Projectra.
Well Projectra was in the LSaga. Chameleon Boy I am guessing well show up soon in disguise. Element Lad I will expect shows up at the end in a very deus ex machina fashion. smile

#58839 02/01/08 10:17 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
I read it and loved it. This issue is much better than the last. It had THAT feeling again.

#58840 02/01/08 03:33 PM
Substitute
Substitute
The more I think about it the more I am starting to think that the Lourna that is in Countdown is not the real one. You would think that if Brainy really had sent her back in time to help KK we would have seen some mention of Chuck by now worring about his wife. I am starting to think that maybe Chuck and Lourna are both going to be shown in that last issue of this arc working with the underground in some way. That would give Countdown nearly 8 more issues to reveil if she is the real thing or not.

Unless they go the sad arc and say Chuck has died between Crisis and now and that is why she agreed to go on a mission like this.

#58841 02/01/08 03:39 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Brainy was classic. They really had me going. His comment about being a good dictator was funny.

#58842 02/01/08 06:27 PM
Active
Active
Loved it!

Except... Why the hell does Yera have hair? I know she's Durlan and all but still. Maybe she formed it for her human husband> I demand an explanation!

Is that a moon?
#58843 02/01/08 09:39 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
This issue, Yera's appearanace in particular, left me with an odd feeling. The 5YL Legion is my favorite era. I've tried to be mature and non-fan boyish about the introduction of this new version claiming to be the original Legion. Come on, I've been telling myself. It's all fiction. The Legion is 50 years old. Writers need to take liberties to keep things fresh. That level headed approach completely left me when I saw Yera taking such a central role, and perhaps it is even implied, she is a Legionnaire.

The reason this felt so wrong to me is because the Vi of the "original/ real/pre crisis" Legion wouldn't have stood for it. The torture she experienced while Yera was masquerading as her, changed Salu Digby forever. She was still struggling to come to terms with Yera five years later. If this were the real Legion, they would have had to make choice between Yera and Vi. If they admitted Yera, Vi would have left.

That one little trigger has set my mind reeling. I've spend the past couple of days comparing the Action version of the Legion to 5YL. It's a slippery slope. I really tried to avoid going there, but now that I have, the Action version just isn't measuring up.

Beauty's where you find it. Not just where you bump and grind it.
#58844 02/02/08 07:09 AM
Deputy
Deputy
Really enjoyed this issue. yera was indeed a nice touch.

I think we're trying to read too much into the continuity. After all, Infinite Crisis has come and things have been changed again, so we could be in a tweaked original Legion continuity in which some things haven't happened (no Quislet or magnetic Kid, but a Sensor Girl, Chameleon Girl, a sligjhtly different Wildfire,etc...)

I'm just enjoying the ride and hoping that this won't be the last we see of the legion (which has already been confirmed by Johns)

Ze Frainch Legion fan
#58845 02/02/08 09:10 AM
G
Leader
Leader
G
This issue was a lot of fun to read - I actually thought while I was reading that this was the "real" Legion and forgot about the Shooter 3boot LSH title.

I was kind of startled to find that Gary Franks' Superman looks a LOT like Christopher Reeve. This really hit me on page 20 (at least, I think it's page 20. These things don't seem to have page numbers anymore...)

Interested in the Post-Zero Hour Reboot Legion? Check out:

The Reboot Legion Timeline

Fan Fiction: The Legion of Super-Heroes v4.1 (continuing the reboot from issue 126!) on LW or here (external)

#58846 02/02/08 09:29 AM
Deputy
Deputy
Hey GL, you're right. Frank talked alot about wanting to base his Superman on Reeve and Curt Swan's work from the 1970s.

...but you don't have a moment where you're sitting there staring at a table full of twenty-five characters with little name signs that say, "Hi, my superpower is confusing you!"
#58847 02/02/08 09:17 PM
A
Active
Active
A
Chameleon Boy went to Durla to "quell riots" according to last issue. Though, part of me still wants to think he's masquerading as Luronu with Karate Kid.

I consider Element Lad's absence to be most conspicuous considering the others are marginally explained, are legionnaires who've retired/died, or are legionnaires who haven't had long standing in the mythos.

In any case, I really enjoyed this issue. Reading Brainy was like meeting up with an old friend. It's been so long since we've since this version as opposed to the more obnoxious take we've had for so long. Nice cut-aways to the members of the League. Golden Boy wasn't much, but Storm Boy was interesting and Spider Girl was sharp. Plus, Tusker and Eyeful Ethel are a classic match.

Yera was really a surprise. I liked it and her costume. Hope she's okay.

I do worry, though, about the hints at a crisis, "activation" of "this universe," and the variant cover for the last issue. I hope a conclusion to this tale isn't left aside for some future project.

Lastly, because I've been waiting for Action to come out before getting to the comic book store lately, I read LSH 38 right after this. I was struck by two contrasting lines that illustrate why I don't care much for the threeboot. The LSH 38 line: "Make sure those things are DEAD!" The Action line: "WHATEVER situation we're in ... we CAN'T abandon the LEGION CODE."

#58848 02/02/08 11:46 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Do you think that if a Legionnaire tossed a flight ring to Storm Boy and said 'You're in', that he'd turn on the Justice League?

I mean, as a gambit on the LSH's part, of course. It seems to me that that'd be such a powerful wish fulfillment for Storm Boy, that he'd be paralyzed for a time. Maybe he'd even fight the JL alongside the LSH?

He's hopelessly insane, of course. So no permanent ring for his finger.

I wonder why they made Ethel a blonde? And she doesn't just grow eyes... they float around independent of her body, too. Don't they?

I wondered if Chameleon Girl's hair was in mid-shapeshift. It *is* a different style than the little girl she was impersonating, though. Maybe the actress in her instinctually is trying to fit in on dangerous-to-aliens Earth?

Poor Sun Boy. Is his power changing *all* the suns to Red ones? At least they stuck with his classic costume. It really is his best look.

Whose is the brain that came up with this idea and the tech to implement it? Not Earth-man's. Or any of the JL that we've seen. They've just about succeeded in making EM a top-rank villain, in my thinking. There's still somebody behind the scenes, I'm pretty sure. EM's so creepy/crazy/cruel that he can mount some future scheme when this current one's settled.

I appreciated the detail of the 'test-tubes' housing the Legionnaires having the shape of the 'S' crest. Been a while since I've seen the ol' hero-in-vertical-tube/containtment thing. I like it.

I wonder if there's any more surprise members, like Chameleon Girl and Night Girl?

I liked the panels set on Braal, Titan and Winath. More, please.

#58849 02/03/08 02:50 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
There's a scene at the Human Cultural Center, with three kids shouting "Long Live Humans!" - they look like Garridan Ranzz, Danielle Foccart and Ivy.

This was the best Yera I've ever read. She did some creative shape-changing, she had a dangerous mission and she looks stunning.

The imprisonment of the Legionnaires on Colu - the nano-Lego-blocks or whatever they were - interesting. The way Brainy was waving around that lightning rod, he must see himself as something of a magician. Great scene with him admitting he was wrong. All in all, much more satisfying than obnoxious Brainy. I'm sorry we didn't see more of Colu - or the other three planets which opened the issue.

Storm Boy - insane, definitely. Too bad - if he were just dark and brooding, he could become an interesting Legionnaire. All that surgery is creepy.

I liked all the individual scenes with the Justice League characters. Is Golden Boy's mother somebody in particular?

There's a lot to be resolved in the next two issues.

Holy Cats of Egypt!
#58850 02/03/08 12:52 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
As several have noted, this series just seems to strike all the right cords for fans of the original legion. It may not be perfect, but it's the closest thing I've read since the reboot. It's more than the fact that it includes the old characters - there's something about the pacing that just fits like a comfortable old pair of pants. I love it and hope the rumors are true that it's going to become an ongoing series.

#58851 02/03/08 03:18 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
This issue Frank's art invoked Steve Lightle to me more so than the previous issues. I think it helps when Sun Boy appears in his costume rather than another unnecessary remake.

Here's the alternate cover -

click to enlarge

And the main pages of the issue -

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">

click to enlarge

click to enlarge

click to enlarge

</span></span>

#58852 02/03/08 08:28 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Eh, I couldn't stay away.

I'm just going to have to get used to this being the George Romero legion because I am enjoying all the characters, the story and the pacing. Earthman I'm just not getting but the rest I'm looking forward to more. Yera I loved.

Other than the faces, I'm enjoying the art. The scenery and costuming are fun to look at though the topic choices for the splash pages still do not impress me.

I'm lost totally on the rod?

#58853 02/04/08 10:31 AM
Deputy
Deputy
Originally posted by Fat Cramer:
There's a scene at the Human Cultural Center, with three kids shouting "Long Live Humans!" - they look like Garridan Ranzz, Danielle Foccart and Ivy.
Indeed, but one of them is Yera.

Ze Frainch Legion fan
#58854 02/05/08 02:42 PM
Active
Active
If only Tyroc was around. He yodeled the crap out of Earth Man/Absorbency Boy back in the day.

Is that a moon?
#58855 02/06/08 09:45 AM
Leader
Leader
I hate the name Earth Man. Can't they think of something better than that? How about Superhuman? Or Ultrahuman? Or Terran?

Not only does Yera have hair, but her antennae are different too. They used to be miniaturized and sprouted from her eyebrows. Now they're larger and in the middle of her forehead like Cham's. Still, I like her new look.

#58856 02/06/08 09:23 PM
S
Active
Active
S
Originally posted by Jerry:
The reason this felt so wrong to me is because the Vi of the "original/ real/pre crisis" Legion wouldn't have stood for it. The torture she experienced while Yera was masquerading as her, changed Salu Digby forever. She was still struggling to come to terms with Yera five years later. If this were the real Legion, they would have had to make choice between Yera and Vi. If they admitted Yera, Vi would have left.
I don't agree. It was clearly suggested that Vi's torture was not Yera's fault, and that Vi was blaming her for it unfairly. I think that if Yera had been elected as a Legionnaire, Vi would certainly not have been happy, but she would have bowed to the will of the majority. And she wouldn't have forced her teammates to choose between her and Yera. A loyal Legionnaire would not do such a thing.

Aaron Kashtan/Sir Tim Drake
Page 26 of 42 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 41 42

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,022
Posts1,045,460
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
hepcatfox boy, Superboy-Supergirl
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star