Roll Call
0 members (), 35 Murran Spies, and 7 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Jfposey - 05/07/24 05:19 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/07/24 04:22 PM
Kill This Thread LII - The End of the Deck of Cards
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/07/24 03:19 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/07/24 04:15 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/07/24 12:40 AM
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/07/24 12:40 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/07/24 12:37 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 19 20
Re: Heroes of other worlds?
#592920 06/18/12 12:24 PM
S
Set Offline OP
Long live the Legion!
OP Offline
Long live the Legion!
S
Originally posted by razsolo:
That Dominator team is so frickin' creepy....I love them all! smile
Thanks! I'd been watching too many underseas documentaries when I came up with Hydra, who has that reef-like structure on his back and a baker's dozen telepathic 'eels' snaking out.

Puppeteer is the creepiest, IMO. Sticks his hands right in there and takes over your nervous systems!

I think I'm done with Dominator 'heroes' for a bit. There were three or four others, but I cherry-picked out the most interesting ones. After folks like Omniphage and Seedling, 'some Dominator that makes force fields' just doesn't cut it, yanno?

Wrapped Around Your Finger now complete in BITS!
#592921 06/18/12 07:33 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Bgztl-

Trapper -Neal Dinzya has the natural ability of his people to become intangible but he also has the ability to stop others from being intangible. he has a field around his body that disrupts Bgztlian's phasing abilities. the field stretches to a radius of 5 feet. But its dampening time is limited to a 30 seconds from first contact. his ability works much better in close or touching proximity. he can turn off their ability for 1 hour at a time, when he touches them. Because of this limitation he has taken to learning hand to hand combat.

another limitation of his power is that as he can not use both powers at the same time.

As he grew up he was inspired by the stories of Phantom Girl's adventures to try to help.

read the adventures of the Reboot Legion!

http://www.legionworld.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=001232
#592922 06/18/12 10:08 PM
S
Set Offline OP
Long live the Legion!
OP Offline
Long live the Legion!
S
Originally posted by Omni:
Bgztl-
Trapper -Neal Dinzya
Ooh, another character whose powers are uniquely suited to situations on his home turf!

I like the idea that he can create a sort of interdiction zone or 'phantom anchor' to prevent a Bgtzln from phasing to escape.

This 'ghost' doesn't just rattle chains, he can tangle another Bgtzln up with them!

#592923 06/19/12 10:11 AM
Deputy
Deputy
thanks! i'm glad yo like it.

yeah well i figured they had to have some way of catching criminals on Bgztl. so why not have someone who would have the natural ability to do that as well.

I've gotta agree with Razsolo those Dominators are definitely creepy!

wicked good job!

#592924 06/19/12 10:39 PM
S
Set Offline OP
Long live the Legion!
OP Offline
Long live the Legion!
S
Having a dorky sense of humor, I might have named your Bgtzln 'Jawn Dinzya,' so that I could, in my head, think of him as 'Trapper Jawn.'

Making him a medical doctor would have been entirely optional. smile

Ooh, a Bgtzln phase-surgeon! "Hold on a sec, I'll get that tumor / bullet / baby / alien parasite right out of there!"

#592925 06/19/12 11:21 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Originally posted by Set:
Having a dorky sense of humor, I might have named your Bgtzln 'Jawn Dinzya,' so that I could, in my head, think of him as 'Trapper Jawn.'

Making him a medical doctor would have been entirely optional. smile

Ooh, a Bgtzln phase-surgeon! "Hold on a sec, I'll get that tumor / bullet / baby / alien parasite right out of there!"
lol i love that!

#592926 06/24/12 12:40 AM
S
Set Offline OP
Long live the Legion!
OP Offline
Long live the Legion!
S
Originally from Thanagar, but currently on the Sorcerer's World, as one of the 'Sorcerer's Seven;"

Lector Seb Khereti is a Thanagarian sorcerer-priest, part of a Thanagarian sect of mystics called the Arumin that ingest ever-increasing doses of nth metal as part of their spiritual evolution, with effects both mystical and physical. Only a meter-and-a-half tall (due to the side-effects of ingesting all that metal while growing up), and thickly built, the Lector is hairless but for a reddish goatee braided in a style that an Earther would find reminiscent of ancient Egypt and has skin so dark brown as to be nearly black. His dress as well is of white linen and golden nth metal, in 'faux Egyptian' styles (which he claims the Thanagarians inspired in their visits to ancient Earth).

His magics tap into the gravity affecting properties of nth metal, and he has incantations that increase or decrease the effects of gravity on others, although he prefers not to use these effects to fly. He crafts silver, coppery red or golden-colored protective tattoos of nth-metal infused inks, and amulets and effigies of nth metal, to focus his spells, which are often warding or protective effects. His rare offensive spells are to grapple foes in bands or chains of conjured metal, to 'nail them to the sky' by levitating them high in the air and leaving them floating there for hours, or to draw away their strength using effigies (tiny figurines of nth metal that become more animate as the target's body becomes as sluggish and restrained as if their limbs were heavy as metal).

In addition to being shorter, darker and less prone to taking flight than the stereotypical Thanagarian, the Lector is also quite friendly and has an earthy sense of humor, completing his utterly 'un-Thanagarian' nature.

#592927 06/27/12 01:57 PM
S
Set Offline OP
Long live the Legion!
OP Offline
Long live the Legion!
S
From Naltor;

Due to the precognitive talents of its populace, the High Seer of Naltor has learned to keep many secrets from the rest of the United Planets, future information that would be unwise to share with peoples less able to deal with knowledge of predestiny. One such planetary secret is the existence of Dial L for Legion,.

What happened six hundred years in the future to so badly damage the legendary 'Hero Dial,' and what circumstances caused it to fall backwards in time, to be discovered by a Naltorian researcher into temporal mechanics, is unknown.

The lower 40% of the dial had been sheared away, and the upper right hand corner partially melted, leaving behind only the horizontal crossbar of the letter 'H' and the leftmost upper 'leg' of the letter, resembling now a capital 'L.' Even this fragment retained great power, and when turned over in the hand of its current bearer, Naltorian officer Benem Morr, the 'L-Dial' transforms him into anyone who has ever been a Legionnaire, past, present or future.

To the occasional off-worlder, and younger Naltorians not yet in on the secret, it seems as if Naltor is defended by random Legionnaires who 'just happen to be visiting Naltor at the time,' and by a plethora of unusual heroes that they have never heard of before (who will become Legionnaires, sometime over the next three centuries...).

#592928 06/27/12 03:38 PM
Deputy
Deputy
From Naltor;

Due to the precognitive talents of its populace, the High Seer of Naltor has learned to keep many secrets from the rest of the United Planets, future information that would be unwise to share with peoples less able to deal with knowledge of predestiny. One such planetary secret is the existence of [b]Dial L for Legion,

What happened six hundred years in the future to so badly damage the legendary 'Hero Dial,' and what circumstances caused it to fall backwards in time, to be discovered by a Naltorian researcher into temporal mechanics, is unknown.

The lower 40% of the dial had been sheared away, and the upper right hand corner partially melted, leaving behind only the horizontal crossbar of the letter 'H' and the leftmost upper 'leg' of the letter, resembling now a capital 'L.' Even this fragment retained great power, and when turned over in the hand of its current bearer, Naltorian officer Benem Morr, the 'L-Dial' transforms him into anyone who has ever been a Legionnaire, past, present or future.

To the occasional off-worlder, and younger Naltorians not yet in on the secret, it seems as if Naltor is defended by random Legionnaires who 'just happen to be visiting Naltor at the time,' and by a plethora of unusual heroes that they have never heard of before (who will become Legionnaires, sometime over the next three centuries...).[/b]
this is a new take on the Hero dial that i like! its time travel without real time travel! lol

#592929 07/09/12 10:27 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Hykraius -

Hydrus - Helios - unlike most other Hykraians she does not posses both telepathy and telekinesis. she has the standard telepathy to allow her to communicate. But instead of telekinesis, she can manipulate water or more accurately she can manipulate liquid methane. the uses range from using it as a shield to creating more difficult forms. Like all of her race she can not breath outside the methane atmosphere. She can not generate the liquid methane only manipulate it.

Flare- Dalis- a mutant on Hykraius, he has neither telepathy or telekinesis. but he does posses a form of pyrokenisis; he has the ability to oxidize methane and cause heat to surround his body. when his body is heating up the air around him he can cause those around him to suffocate with heat stroke, he can also propel himself at great speeds, using the combustion of the methane.

the two of them are a crime fighting team on Hykraius. They are brother and sister. Helios helps to keep Dalis in check. just like his name he has a temper, which is also unusual as most Hykrian's are even tempered. she helps him to navigate "normal" Hykrian society. the two of them have a very special bond and even though Dalis doesn't communicate with telepathy, they share a bond that seems almost like telepathy to the casual observer.

#592930 07/10/12 12:03 AM
S
Set Offline OP
Long live the Legion!
OP Offline
Long live the Legion!
S
Originally posted by Omni: Hyrkraius
Ooh, I like the subtle bait 'n switch of having the aquakinetic being named 'Helios' (suggestive of someone with light or fire powers). More characters should totally mess with people by having names that give away absolutely nothing. (And more characters who just absolutely blow away expectations, for that matter. Some five foot nothing >100 lb. waif with super-strength, invulnerability and a sunny disposition, teamed up with a 6'6" bodybuilder who is a telepath/precognitive with a severe aversion to physical confrontation, would be a riot. "Shoot the bodyguard!" "No, the girl, you idiot! She's the bodyguard!"

An aquakinetic who has to carry the materials to use their powers around with them, is a fun concept. On 'Great Mother Ocean,' she'll always be surrounded by liquid (whether it be liquid water or liquid methane or whatever), but to travel off-world, she'll have to keep fluid handy, either around herself, like a big watery 'exoskeleton,' or relying on locally sourced materials (from water pipes underground, etc.) or perhaps even riding around in a 'battlesuit' or 'vehicle' made of aquakinetically manipulated ice!

On the last page of Superboy's Legion, there's a shot of the entire Legion flying towards the viewer, and, way in the back, there's what looks like a blue whale. In my head, that blue whale, instead of being a Hitch-hiker's Guide to the Galaxy in-joke or a easter egg, is an aquakinetic!

I'm a little fuzzy on Hyrkraians, I've got to admit. I've read that all Hyrkraians are telepathic and telekinetic, that all are telepathic and that Tellus being telekinetic is a rare fluke, and that Tellus is only telepathic as a result of Gil'Dishpan experimentation and that Hyrkraians normally communicate through their colored back nodules (which seemed to be straight from Steve Lightle's original description, although that doesn't necessarily mean that they haven't changed between intent and what is 'now canon').

I pretended they weren't all telepathic telekinetics, for my own write up, but who knows what's 'official' these days... Tellus himself has gone from being able to telekinetically lift a couple hundred pounds to being able to push around a metal tower that must have weighed many thousands of tons, so his power levels have gone from Marvel Girl to Phoenix, it seems. smile

#592931 07/10/12 04:02 AM
R
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
R
Your Hykraians are awesome, Omni! Great use of their natural environment smile

#592932 07/10/12 02:06 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Originally posted by Omni: Hyrkraius
Ooh, I like the subtle bait 'n switch of having the aquakinetic being named 'Helios' (suggestive of someone with light or fire powers). More characters should totally mess with people by having names that give away absolutely nothing. (And more characters who just absolutely blow away expectations, for that matter. Some five foot nothing >100 lb. waif with super-strength, invulnerability and a sunny disposition, teamed up with a 6'6" bodybuilder who is a telepath/precognitive with a severe aversion to physical confrontation, would be a riot. "Shoot the bodyguard!" "No, the girl, you idiot! She's the bodyguard!"

An aquakinetic who has to carry the materials to use their powers around with them, is a fun concept. On 'Great Mother Ocean,' she'll always be surrounded by liquid (whether it be liquid water or liquid methane or whatever), but to travel off-world, she'll have to keep fluid handy, either around herself, like a big watery 'exoskeleton,' or relying on locally sourced materials (from water pipes underground, etc.) or perhaps even riding around in a 'battlesuit' or 'vehicle' made of aquakinetically manipulated ice!

On the last page of Superboy's Legion, there's a shot of the entire Legion flying towards the viewer, and, way in the back, there's what looks like a blue whale. In my head, that blue whale, instead of being a Hitch-hiker's Guide to the Galaxy in-joke or a easter egg, is an aquakinetic!

I'm a little fuzzy on Hyrkraians, I've got to admit. I've read that all Hyrkraians are telepathic and telekinetic, that all are telepathic and that Tellus being telekinetic is a rare fluke, and that Tellus is only telepathic as a result of Gil'Dishpan experimentation and that Hyrkraians normally communicate through their colored back nodules (which seemed to be straight from Steve Lightle's original description, although that doesn't necessarily mean that they haven't changed between intent and what is 'now canon').

I pretended they weren't all telepathic telekinetics, for my own write up, but who knows what's 'official' these days... Tellus himself has gone from being able to telekinetically lift a couple hundred pounds to being able to push around a metal tower that must have weighed many thousands of tons, so his power levels have gone from Marvel Girl to Phoenix, it seems. smile
Set thank you for the ideas. that would be a great use of her powers when off world. but i think she would never leave. but i love the ice vehicle application! her and Polar Boy would make a great team!!!

i like the exoskeleton idea too!

i had the same problem. i looked around on here and on different sites for info on the Hykraian's and there wasn't much. i think that would could be explored more!

one source said they all were telepathic and telekinetic and then one said they weren't both. so i went with them all having both abilities.
you've got two more characters right there!

i love when the names give the wrong expectations! But Helios is actually her real name not here hero name. Hydrus is her hero name. lol.

#592933 07/10/12 02:07 PM
Deputy
Deputy
also i think you've got two more characters there that you could make up! hint hint!

and thank you so much Razsolo!

#592934 07/10/12 04:14 PM
R
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
R
The Hykraians were initially described as not being telepathic in general, but instead using the pods on their back to communicate....the one time I can think of we've actually seen Hykraius though was around the Universo Project, and Tellus' friend definitely used telepathy then, though I'm pretty sure it was only to talk to Tellus. So maybe by default they can only communicate with each other? Or maybe they can only 'talk' telepathically, whereas Tellus specifically can probe minds, control minds, alter perceptions etc....

I think I remember reading that the color changing pods idea was discarded because it was too awkward to depict in a static medium?

#592935 07/10/12 05:08 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
Original Tellus plans:

click to enlarge

click to enlarge

#592936 07/10/12 06:47 PM
Deputy
Deputy
thank you for that Eryk!

#592937 07/10/12 07:02 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer

#592938 07/10/12 07:50 PM
Deputy
Deputy
next time i need info i'm coming to you!

#592939 07/16/12 05:37 AM
S
Set Offline OP
Long live the Legion!
OP Offline
Long live the Legion!
S
From Vyrga;

K'tt'rk Frim of Vyrga uses no 'code-name,' and has never been off of Vyrga, using his powers to help his homeworld, and contribute towards the public good. Born 'unstuck' in local space, he finally internalized and mastered his ability to alter his own size, relative to his surroundings, and can become as small as an earth flea, or enlarge to become almost 20 meters in height. While he would make an unlikely Legionnaire, as Shrinking Violet and Colossal Boy can both greatly exceed his size-shifting limits, he has never even entertained the thought, as he strongly believes that his powers are meant to only be used in service to his fellow Vyrgans.

Gates' thoughts; "A noble soul, if not with the strongest mind for philosophy. He sees his gift as something that belongs to all of Vyrga, and uses his powers in service to our people."

#592940 07/16/12 05:43 AM
S
Set Offline OP
Long live the Legion!
OP Offline
Long live the Legion!
S
Also from Vyrga;

Tklrti Chktla, aka Swarmcaller, developed as a larvae the ability to conjure a tiny flying insectoid vaguely similar to herself, and to control its actions and perceive through its senses, even at great distances. As she matured, this unusual gift grew, and now she can create swarms of many hundreds of these tiny homonculi, constructs of matter pulled together from the surrounding environment, and animated by her own will, dispersing back into raw elements when she is done with them. She has been experimenting also with manifesting larger insectoid constructs...

Gates' thoughts; "So cliched. We're not bugs! Imagine if you would, a 'superhero' of your own primate-derived mammalian humanoid species who created swarms of tiny monkeys to attack her foes. Ridiculous!"

#592941 07/16/12 05:51 AM
S
Set Offline OP
Long live the Legion!
OP Offline
Long live the Legion!
S
From Lythyl;

The uncanny interspatial acrobat and martial artist, Lythality, has offered up no other name, although she has abandoned her previous life as a professional killer for the Star Assassin League.

Through unknown means, Lythality has developed the ability to create dimensional 'pockets' across which she can move interspatially, giving her what is functionally short range teleportation. Unlike true teleportation, she can step into a 'pocket' and remain there, possibly for hours, just out of sight and reach of anyone present in 'realspace,' but aware of her surroundings, and able to 'step back' at any time, surprising her quarry like a trapdoor spider.

Her original career as an assassin behind her, Lythality revealed that the dozen 'victims,' whose bodies had never been found, were actually still alive, trapped in private interspatial pockets, frozen in time and unaware of their apparent 'deaths.'

Only one of her original 'victims' was not recoverable, and she claims that he must have found his own way free of her dimensional pocket, to parts unknown...

#592942 07/19/12 02:46 PM
Deputy
Deputy
From Lythyl;

The uncanny interspatial acrobat and martial artist, [b]Lythality
, has offered up no other name, although she has abandoned her previous life as a professional killer for the Star Assassin League.

Through unknown means, Lythality has developed the ability to create dimensional 'pockets' across which she can move interspatially, giving her what is functionally short range teleportation. Unlike true teleportation, she can step into a 'pocket' and remain there, possibly for hours, just out of sight and reach of anyone present in 'realspace,' but aware of her surroundings, and able to 'step back' at any time, surprising her quarry like a trapdoor spider.

Her original career as an assassin behind her, Lythality revealed that the dozen 'victims,' whose bodies had never been found, were actually still alive, trapped in private interspatial pockets, frozen in time and unaware of their apparent 'deaths.'

Only one of her original 'victims' was not recoverable, and she claims that he must have found his own way free of her dimensional pocket, to parts unknown...[/b]
i love the concept of this one and the fact that she's a former assassin is awesome!

#592943 07/19/12 02:47 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Also Set, i'm loving the Gates cometary!

#592944 07/20/12 02:44 AM
R
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
R
Swarmcaller is awesome, and an Earth hero who summons loads of tiny monkeys to do his/her bidding would be pretty sweet too now that you brought it up an' all, Gates ^_^

Page 5 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 19 20

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,021
Posts1,045,196
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Shining Son
Shining Son
Manhattan, NY