Roll Call
1 members (Chaim Mattis Keller), 41 Murran Spies, and 10 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/08/24 07:13 AM
Kill This Thread LII - The End of the Deck of Cards
by thoth lad - 05/08/24 06:48 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/08/24 05:47 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/07/24 04:15 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/07/24 12:40 AM
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/07/24 12:40 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/07/24 12:37 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 33 of 33 1 2 31 32 33
Re: JSA/JLA/Legion Crossover (spoilers)
#598525 08/29/07 10:28 AM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
Originally posted by Matthew E:
I once tried to figure out what the general consensus was of the basic and necessary features of the Legion. And one of the points was, the Legion represents the legacy of Superman ten centuries in the future.
For me, at least, my enjoyment of the Legion seems to be at least in part a function of the my enjoyment of the Superman whose legacy they represent. Given that I have very little interest in the current, mainstream "New Earth" Superman, I have very little interest in a Legion with him as a central figure.

Give me a Legion based around Morrison's All-Star Superman, and I'm totally onboard.

#598526 08/29/07 11:31 AM
Deputy
Deputy
Originally posted by Superboy:
Well there is that Superboy Prime Kid. Whether or not they will continue to call him that is up to debate
It's no longer up for debate. DC has just solicited "Tales of the Sinestro Corps Presents: SupermMAN Prime #1". He was aged 4-5 years during IC, like Bart Allen, so he is a man now -- physically if not mentally.

Plus, an alternate earth adult Conner Kent is slated to appear as the SuperMAN of Titans of Tomorrow and the 'toon Superboyman has been aged to full grown manhood and made to play second fiddle to an adult clone (the JDC comic will change to reflect the new status quo). All in all, I feel pretty comfortable saying we'll be lucky to get a glimpse of another Kent superboy in others parts of the Multiverse, and it's questionable if one even exists.

That leaves us with the possibility of three (or more) Legions having ties in their youth to one Clark Kent, two of them possibly having the same Mon-El. It's interesting to say the least.

#598527 08/29/07 11:35 AM
Deputy
Deputy
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
Give me a Legion based around Morrison's All-Star Superman, and I'm totally onboard.
Yeah, that would rock, especially since A-SS is leaps and bounds the best selling Superman title today, but I'm not optimistic it will be the same after Morrison and Quitley leave with #12. frown

#598528 08/29/07 12:15 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Count me in as:

- Loving Grant Morrison as a writer. I'd take him as Legion writer any day, probably moreso than 99.9% of other active comic writers, including the majority of suggestions I've read.

- Fan of Kent Shakespeare and TMK!

- Fan of All-Star Superman. Also loving it leaps and bounds above all other current Superman comics.

- Someone who prefers Superboy (re: Superman as a boy) as a member of the Legion. However, this doesn't make or break to book for me.

#598529 08/29/07 04:23 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
Has it been confirmed that Morrison is leaving the title with #12? I knew he and Quitely as a team were only committed through then, but I thought there had been some indication that he might stay on longer.

#598530 08/29/07 04:37 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Yes, Morrison confirmed in an interview a week or two ago. Don't have a link handy but it's googleable. One of the major news sites.

#598531 08/29/07 05:27 PM
Active
Active

That leaves us with the possibility of three (or more) Legions having ties in their youth to one Clark Kent, two of them possibly having the same Mon-El. It's interesting to say the least. [/QB]
I agree with what you said in the first part, the legal problems and DC's shady attempts to circumvent court rulings are well known...however that is related to legal matters more than anything else...if DC wins their case, which is entering another phase right now, I have a feeling Superboy will be back in a major way. When I was asking you that question, I was definitely talking conceptually, in this new multiverse...

That said...I think, whether it was your intent or not, you just pointed out why that scene was deleted. Because it's Superboy in the Kent farmhouse, which is about as big of a no-no as you can do right now at DC.

Side note:

I don't agree with the court ruling that allowed the Siegels to reclaim the rights to Superboy. A deal was reached previously and they were paid a substantial amount of money at that time...

That being said, a court ruling is a court ruling and if DC feels the retcon to copyright laws was unfair, then they just need to stop using Superboy ....and stop attempting to circumvent the law. It's screwing up their books...it's alienating their fans because they keep making promises they can't keep.

I and other fans might actually be able to move on to another Legion if DC would stop bringing it up...they are just as guilty as any Legion Fan of not letting go of the past.

It isn't lost on me how much this has affected the Legion.....which I guess is some kind of karmic poetic justice for the Siegel family...seeing as how Jerry Siegel had a huge impact on the Legion, right up to the last issue of SGLOSH...when the book showcased Lightning Lord and Matter Eater Lad...two Siegel creations....not to mention the Legion of SuperVillians, yet another Siegel creation.

I swear...they(DC) know aren't supposed to being doing this stuff and they still keep doing it...I don't know what the boundries are, but they obviously do, I keep assuming they are within them, and they obviously aren't...and they keep trying again and again to cross them.

IF the property means that much to them, and it obviously does...pay the Siegels for it. Yes again. You don't make the laws DC, and you have to respect them just like everyone else. Especially you DC...because...WWSD?

It's like DC never read a Superman Comic or something. Stop trying to cheat!

[/end side note]

#598532 08/30/07 07:31 PM
Substitute
Substitute
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Superboy:
[QB]I just know something big is going to happen...

I agree with you Superboy.

This may be wishful thinking on my part, but I believe we are going to get one story arc on how the three legions met in Smallville and then three mini-series (six issues each) of all three Legions. In other words, the 50th will be big!

#598533 08/30/07 07:44 PM
Substitute
Substitute
Another question or discussion regarding JSA #6. Dawnstar makes reference to Star Boy having the "mark of the multiverse." The writers then appear to be quite clear when Star Boy mentions XS. Why? The only significant link between Star Boy and XS occured in the DnA Legion (Legion Worlds #4 featuring Xanthu). I really liked this story and always felt that Star Boy and XS would be forever linked after this tale. Is it possible that Star Boy jumped from pre-Zero Hour Legion to post-Zero Hour Legion and then was "shunted to a parallel Earth" in Kingdom Come? If that is the case, no wonder the poor guy is confused.

#598534 08/30/07 09:58 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
That was a GREAT comic.

#598535 09/02/07 10:58 AM
Yk Offline
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Originally posted by Chemical King:

I personally like the Adult Legion version (Adventure, 5YL) - but I'm not sure who else does except Kent Shakepeare here on the board...
Me too. BIG fan. The Adult Legion space-rawks!

Page 33 of 33 1 2 31 32 33

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,021
Posts1,045,202
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP