Roll Call
0 members (), 43 Murran Spies, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/05/24 08:12 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by stile86 - 05/05/24 06:37 PM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by stile86 - 05/05/24 05:46 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by stile86 - 05/05/24 05:45 PM
not just another Pantha's dismembered head thread...
by Ann Hebistand - 05/05/24 05:14 PM
Kill This Thread LII - The End of the Deck of Cards
by Ann Hebistand - 05/05/24 05:12 PM
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by thoth lad - 05/05/24 03:56 PM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/05/24 03:34 PM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: SDCC News: Superboy In, XS Out?
#600120 07/26/11 12:13 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Originally posted by Fat Cramer:
Believed dead is okay. I would prefer that or some leave of absence/split with the group/individual mission than outright death of a character (especially multiple characters). Then the door's always open to bring them back without having to resort to some convoluted explanation. There must be lots of ways to add impact to a story without death.

I agree, and I believe that's what will happen as well. IIRC, there has been news that Legion Lost MAY be permanent. I rather doubt Fabian would remove 2/7 of the cast permanently. This isn't a parody book or anything like that.

#600121 07/26/11 05:16 PM
Active
Active
Originally posted by Candlelight:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Chemical King:
<strong>. . .I will rather buy the one with Starfire in it cause I always loved that character - let's see how she will be portrayed in this Reboot. For her, after all she's been through (losing her planet, her family, her lover Nightwing whom she nearly married), a fresh start is certainly something she deserves...

Kori got her planet and family, her sister anyway, back in the latest dotREBELS.
She also replaced Nightwing with Captain Comet as her lover, if not her love.

But, yes, I signed up for the Outlaws, too.
lol

#600122 07/26/11 05:21 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
That sucks Dev.

On the one hand, it'd be great if Lardy is right to have those characters back; on the other hand, if he is right it's just yet another reason not to 'buy in' to DC anymore since nothing that happens in their stories has any lasting relevance. Every issue is an elseworlds. Which is fine when the story is fall off your seat excellent. Too bad there aren't so many of those each month.

That's my way of saying either way is lame. (Yay pessisim).

#600123 07/26/11 05:22 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Originally posted by Chemical King:
[b] </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Chemical King:
<strong>. . .I will rather buy the one with Starfire in it cause I always loved that character - let's see how she will be portrayed in this Reboot. For her, after all she's been through (losing her planet, her family, her lover Nightwing whom she nearly married), a fresh start is certainly something she deserves...

Kori got her planet and family, her sister anyway, back in the latest dotREBELS.

lol [/b]
Maybe she likes Brainy men tongue

#600124 07/28/11 12:10 PM
Active
Active
Has a character death ever been revealed on the net before the issue is published? I'm thinking that maybe the 3boot Dream Girl was pre-vealed but I'm not sure. I'm hoping that this just disinformation.

#600125 07/28/11 12:24 PM
space mutineer & purveyor of quality sammitches
space mutineer & purveyor of quality sammitches
Originally posted by googoomuck:
Has a character death ever been revealed on the net before the issue is published? I'm thinking that maybe the 3boot Dream Girl was pre-vealed but I'm not sure. I'm hoping that this just disinformation.
I hope so, too, googoomuck.

sigh The last thing we need is more perfectly good characters treated like cannon fodder-- particularly characters who aren't meant to be original-recipe-humans. There are few enough of those as it is.

Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on DeviantArt! Drop by and tell me that I sent you. *updated often!*
#600126 07/28/11 11:16 PM
Space Fatigue Survivor
Space Fatigue Survivor
Originally posted by cleome45:
The last thing we need is more perfectly good characters treated like cannon fodder-- particularly characters who aren't meant to be original-recipe-humans. There are few enough of those as it is.
Too true.

I see the reboots as simply a way for DC to do away with continuity of any and all kind, so the art teams may start with a clean slate. With Superman getting younger, Cyborg in the JLA and J'onn J'onz with Stormwatch now, I don't worry about any continuity changes or contradictions or deletions - this allows me to sleep easier.

XS will show up or not. I'd rather not a square peg forced into the round hole. If there is a good story for her, fine, otherwise put her on the shelf until the next (eventual) reboot.

Celebrating 10+ years of Legion Worldness
#600127 07/29/11 01:57 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Originally posted by Invisible Brainiac:
Originally posted by Chemical King:
[b]
[b] </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Chemical King:

lol [/b]
Maybe she likes Brainy men tongue [/b]
sigh
I'm afraid that I adored Captain Comet in the original dotLEGION series.
I liked him much better than I've ever liked Dick Grayson.
I don't know who Dick is with romantically now, it was Oracle the last time that I knew, but Kori is a terrible personality and power fit for him.
Comet and Kori weren't a great combo either, imo, I just think that she was more the laughable one than him.
shrug

A singin' and a dancin'
along the way.

JosephPrince.org
#600128 07/29/11 09:37 AM
G
Active
Active
G
Back to the XS question... even not allowing for the fact that Barry and Iris can marry a little further down the road... couldn't her 'old' origin be re-instated and she could just be from the future of a different Earth than Earth0/NewEarth/EarthDCnU (what-ever-they-are-currently-calling-the-focus-Earth-now)? Her origin was changed to be from the current Earth after it's history was changed. Now that that history is being changed again, couldn't her origin just pop back to what it was before. If, of course, the other 51 (or however many there could be now) Earths still exist. Which makes me think.... if you change the history of one of those Earths, do the other change too? If they interacted with the Earth that changed, do they remember what had happened before the change? Or does their history change to reflect the changes to the other Earth's history? Or do those other Earths even exist since their existence depended on the History of the current focus Earth which has now been changed? Or, since it was history on the current focus Earth that re-created them after first destroying them, are we back to an unlimited number of other Earths because the events that destroyed them have nolonger happened? Temporal Mechanics induced headache starting now.... will stop questioning for now....

#600129 07/30/11 09:23 AM
Ash Offline
Applicant
Applicant
The Titans and Legion were once DC's two biggest books and over last 20 some years, extremely little was done to maintain that popularity. Once Levitz left the Legion, the Legion lost its protector in a Post Crisis DC Universe. Everyone and his mom were allowed to mess with title from the Superman Office to editors in Charge of GL. This weakened the foundations of the concept. I think taking away a lot of these little things that were making the Flash work as a book when Geoff Johns was writing it before Infinite Crisis have done the same things to the Flash books. I have serious doubts that Teen Titans will come out of a Complete Reboot as a stronger title. Most long time Titan fans that I have talked to see it as an idea they don't want to support, and I have my doubts that the new Origins that have been solicited for the group seem more appealing or easier to understand than the old. I guess time will tell if this will be a successful or unsuccessful reboot. Losing XS from the Legion would be a terrible loss, but I sort of feel that she hasn't really had much of place in Legion since Legion of 3 Worlds. I would hope that they just decided not to mention that that she is a descendent of Barry Allen. It seems like the easiest fix to me. I hate it when books give us these huge sweeping changes to explain characters’ origin revisions. I while I personally love and enjoy the 5YL Legion, it was hard idea to change all of Legion history in issue 4 and not set up a hard lined wall that forever divided the fan base. (And it was all Byrnes fault for the no Superboy retcon.) Big changes have big risks (that DC seems to take a lot), and while sometimes interesting and brave, they tend to gamble away readers. There is nothing really gained by taking away Superboy that couldn’t be gained by saying the Superboy was an Urban myth in Smallville and that it wasn’t someone called Superboy. But I digress. These Big gambles that were made without thinking about the implications of the changes on proprieties were short sided and ill-conceived. When DC Felt that Mark Waid/Barry Kitson Legion was not working out as successfully as thought it would be (and I think the argument could be made that they didn’t ever really support it), the backup plan was try to bring back the original Legion. What is the backup plan for Teen Titans? Cancelation? I really hope that the New Teen Titans Games hardcover does extremely well (and comes out) and that its success could mean there is some glimmer of hope for the team as a franchise. I just hope that wasn’t all wasted back in 1985. And hey it could be worse for both the Legion and Teen Titans. They could be the JSA. GONE! I am NOT happy about there being no JSA book.

XS's origin really shouldn't change to much, she was never a decendent of this Barry Allen, she was of the Barry Allen on Earth 247. She is like the Power Girl of the Legion.

#600130 07/30/11 12:15 PM
G
Active
Active
G
Originally posted by Ash:
XS's origin really shouldn't change to much, she was never a decendent of this Barry Allen, she was of the Barry Allen on Earth 247. She is like the Power Girl of the Legion.
She originally was a decendent of the Barry Allen on Earth 247 (the then current focus Earth at least for LoSH if not the entire DCU). Then Lo3W made her the decendant of the Barry Allen of the post-Infinite Crisis Earth (aka, New Earth, aka Earth 0, etc, etc). Now that the history is changing again, she could be back to the decendent of the Barry Allen of Earth 247. Or not. She coulld just not exist any more.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,021
Posts1,045,137
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Insouciant Lad
Insouciant Lad
College Park, MD