Roll Call
0 members (), 35 Murran Spies, and 10 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Kill This Thread LII - The End of the Deck of Cards
by Ann Hebistand - 05/08/24 03:49 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/08/24 03:24 PM
Legion Trivia 6
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/08/24 10:58 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/08/24 05:47 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/07/24 04:15 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/07/24 12:40 AM
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/07/24 12:40 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 13 1 2 11 12 13
Re: New R.E.B.E.L.S. Comic Discussion Thread.
#603984 04/17/11 12:58 PM
G
Active
Active
G
*removed*

#603985 04/17/11 05:32 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
My point with Venus/Aphrodite wasn't that it was unique but that it didn't seem to hurt either characterization. The Romans still worshipped her and the Greeks still loved her, too.

I <3 the Imperial Guard, both on their own and as a tribute to the Legion.

Lots of Kryptonians don't bother me.
Supreme doesn't bother me.
I like little side-kicks.

Since there's a thousand years between Lyrl's Pulsar and Tribulus and the Legion villians, I don't really even see them as connected much, other than for fun.

It's okay that you don't, you know.

But I'll take every type of dragon story I find, almost or animal/human bonding story or Stargate series or Star Trek.
Just me.

I'm just glad I get to read other people's opinions and state my own about these comics.
smile

A singin' and a dancin'
along the way.

JosephPrince.org
#603986 04/17/11 09:55 PM
G
Active
Active
G
*removed*

#603987 04/18/11 01:39 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
I agree that it's doing damage for you.

But these characters are so far away from the Legion time period that they really have nothing to do with any of the LSH characters.

Lyrl's Stargrave, and certainly by it's nature and formation, has probably nothing to do with the 31st century version.
The possibly unaging Coluan tyrants might be a closer fit, but they were a number of boots ago.
Querl recently mentioned him in one of his journal posts, I think.

The Starhaven of the 21st century may have only limited association with the Dawnstar colony.
That tribe seemed to be limited and unhappy at best.

A new colony of Ameriands may decide to join the reminants centuries later forming the genetic basis for the newbies to grow wings and become interstellar trackers.

I know that I prefer to think that rather than loose the joy of Bedard's .REBELS or the original .LEGION.
shrug

A singin' and a dancin'
along the way.

JosephPrince.org
#603988 04/18/11 03:53 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Bedard introduced a number of technological goodies that had previously been from the Legion's time. What I'd like to see now is what happens between now and the future, the big technology standstill, or destruction. Flight rings and time travel are pretty much the only things that weren't available to R.E.B.E.L.S.

Why Bedard didn't develop the original team - the Durlan, the Khund, the Starhavenite, the Dominator et al - is a mystery and a disappointment. They really had some potential; at one point, they were a real team with individual personalities. Instead, we then got Adam Strange, Starfire, Captain Comet and - what must surely be the death knoll for a series these days - Lobo.

Regardless, I enjoyed R.E.B.E.L.S., especially the loony Dox family battles.

Holy Cats of Egypt!
#603989 04/18/11 09:29 PM
L
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
L
Originally posted by Fat Cramer:

Why Bedard didn't develop the original team - the Durlan, the Khund, the Starhavenite, the Dominator et al - is a mystery and a disappointment. They really had some potential; at one point, they were a real team with individual personalities.
I agree 100%. This team was so kick-ass & had loads of potential, then POOF!!, relegated to one page or less per issue.
That, and the neverending Starros is what lost me.

#603990 04/23/11 10:57 PM
Space Fatigue Survivor
Space Fatigue Survivor
I agree with all of the above.

Seems to me that an editor's job has changed over the years from one of providing continuity/consistency guidance to the creative team and reference footnotes to the reader to one of keeping tabs on the sales and providing helpful "suggestions" on which characters to insert to boost sales. REBELS sure seemed to be constantly receiving tweeks in this past year to improve the sales, unfortunately with little result.

Starros was overdone, but I think Mr Bedard wanted to complete his story, and probably didn't have time to give justice to an unrelated new story.

Celebrating 10+ years of Legion Worldness
#603991 05/16/11 09:34 PM
Space Fatigue Survivor
Space Fatigue Survivor
Well, the REBELS last issue (for this run) is out, and I guess the fact that there has been no comment on it here for days pretty much justifies DC's decision to end it.

I thought the artwork was superb, as with EVERY issue in the series (28 plus an annual). The read was as expected, a little rushed and trite, obviously trying to tie up as many loose ends as possible. I would have preferred an extra two issues to finish up everything, but Mr. Bedard did a nice job under the circumstances.

The most interesting thing about this issue was the modified Tribulus in action. The relationship of Comet and Starfire, and Vril Dox and Blackfire was also suitably addressed. Unfortunately, there wasn't enough time to address the Psion/Czarnian experiments - that was frustratingly not dealt with. The status of Smite, the 'final' fate of Starro, and the whereabouts of Lyrl were pleasantly left open for another day. The possibility of the rest of the REBELS reappearing soon in a GL story seems likely, especially with Mr. Bedard at the GL Corp writing helm.

I will miss this series. Any suggestions on what I might replace it with?

Celebrating 10+ years of Legion Worldness
#603992 05/27/11 10:14 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
I don't know.
The GLC is the only other 'outer space' kind of DC comic besides the Legion books, isn't it?
I'm not up on all of the possibilities.
sigh

I loved the series, all of them.
I didn't love Starro much, though.
And what did Lobo do to Storm-Daughter, dang it?!

I hope Lyrl, the whole series was worth his development, imo, went to join Strata's family and figure out how to help his mom regenerate.

I'll miss that smarmy Vril, too.
And Wildstar, and Captain Comet and the others.
frown

A singin' and a dancin'
along the way.

JosephPrince.org
Page 13 of 13 1 2 11 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,021
Posts1,045,208
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Color Kid
Color Kid
Largo, Florida..originally from Champaign, Illinois