Roll Call
0 members (), 46 Murran Spies, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/11/24 09:37 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/10/24 04:47 PM
Kill This Thread LII - The End of the Deck of Cards
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/10/24 04:29 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/10/24 02:58 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/10/24 02:56 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/10/24 02:55 AM
Legion Trivia 6
by thoth lad - 05/09/24 03:34 PM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 25 1 2 3 4 5 24 25
Re: Legion in JLU Cartoon/Legion Series...Official Thread
#605219 02/02/06 08:08 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
You should have already been able to see it Darden. Michael Grabois got his copy before I did (mine's still downloading) and has posted a screen capture recap of the entire episode on his blog already.

Don't click these links unless you want to be totally spoiled.

Far From Home - Precredits & Teaser

Far From Home - Part 1

Far From Home - Part 2

Far From Home - Part 3

Far From Home - Closing Credits

#605220 02/02/06 09:18 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I'm never sure when the network shows these as they tend (or thats how it seems to me at least) to repeat episodes almost every day and in no real order.

I have a few new episodes copied but had thoughwe were still a week or so off broadcast so need to check to make sure its not on there already smile

In the mean time I am going to pass on the links for a while but thanks Scott anyway.

Faithfull
#605221 02/02/06 09:22 AM
M
Leader
Leader
M
Wow. Wow.

Can't we just have this as our Legion series? I'll still watch a Teen Titans style show if I must, but I do like seeing the team done up in the Timm style and sporting some Cockrum/Grell threads.

One troubling note from the new superspoiler caps:

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">Um, I don't want to be the one to tell Lash about the foreground statue in the Hall of Heroes. The little epaulet lines on the shoulders are a bit troubling.</span></span>

#605222 02/02/06 09:31 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by matlock:
Wow. Wow.

Can't we just have this as our Legion series? I'll still watch a Teen Titans style show if I must, but I do like seeing the team done up in the Timm style and sporting some Cockrum/Grell threads.

One troubling note from the new superspoiler caps:

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">Um, I don't want to be the one to tell Lash about the foreground statue in the Hall of Heroes. The little epaulet lines on the shoulders are a bit troubling.</span></span>
Here is a different version of that image. I tried to make it so the characters can be seen easier but I still don't want to debate on more than the identity of the obvious one.

#605223 02/02/06 12:34 PM
Leader
Leader
Hmm, I feel a stomachache coming on. I might have to leave work early.

I can't believe it's available here just two days after "Grudge Match." I don't want to be spoiled, though. I'll wait til I get home.

#605224 02/02/06 02:29 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Leapin' freakin' jeepers!

Do we have a confirmed airdate for the USA?!?!

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#605225 02/02/06 02:33 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
We're looking at 3/18 if CN keeps the promised start date of 2/11 for the new episodes.

#605226 02/02/06 04:31 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Wild! But one has to wonder from which era the Legion is based if Bouncing Boy and Wildfire (who joined after Chuck and Luornu's nuptials) are featured... smile

#605227 02/03/06 07:11 AM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
This is just too cool for words. What is the exact time this will air? I'll totally rearrange my schedule to see this.

I'm in shock at how they've captured my favorite era. Wildfire! Old, better costumes! Blok! I've forgotten how much I miss Blok...

#605228 02/03/06 09:56 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I like how the "animated" versions of DC's heroes are basically from an era of their very own, not taken directly from something established in the books. That means there can be a mix of characters and costumes.

To me, the biggest thrill is to see them in action! That's what was best about their last appearance in the Superman series. They were so brave and dynamic!

#605229 02/03/06 03:03 PM
Leader
Leader
I talked to a Cartoon Network rep today about something else, but he remembered I'm a JLU fan and definitely confirmed the 2/11 date for the U.S. So, like Scott said, we're looking at 3/18 here for the LSH episode.

I watched it last night, though, and it's a doozy! It's a bummer that we don't get to see more of the Legionnaires in action, and only a couple of them have actual lines, but they do look good.

A Bruce Timm-style cartoon would be good, but the actual quality of the animation has been slowly but steadily declining since the third or fouth season of "Batman: TAS," and I'd want them to address that. (As an example, in this episode, Brainy puts his flight ring on his middle finger and closes his hand, and the ring moves to his ring finger.)

#605230 02/03/06 03:29 PM
Leader
Leader
He he, we got it here in the UK this week along with Grudge Match and I recorded them both tonight (because we were food shopping).

Anyhoo, Grudge Match is very good (although I agree the quality fo the animation has dropped a lot) adn features a lot of the best JLU characters.

And then of there was the reason we're all here. And... it was pretty good.

No real spoilers here, pretty much everything has already been mentioned earlier in the thread, but be wary anyway...

It did feel like it should have been a two parter because apart from Brainy and Chuck no-one else really gets any screen time (Phantom Girl has a couple of lines but not much) and some characters like Timberwolf and Saturn Girl don't even get to show what their powers are let alone speak.

Interesting choice of Legionnaires in the episode. A complete mix of eras and versions and different costumes but I liked it for that. The Brainy/Supergirl interaction is a lot of fun and I really like Supergirl's new outfit. The Fatal Five look nice too, but again because there are five of them plus the whole 'travel to the future' story the only one that really gets any decent screen time is the Emerald Empress (and to a lesser extent The Persuader).

Two negatives though. Shady is there, looking great, but she attacks at one point and blasts out beams of shiny purple light from her hand. Huh? I didn't understand why that happened, but...

Also, can someone who has seen it spoil the very end for me? The video had some kind of hissy fit right at the end and so even though I can guess what happened it'd be nice to be sure. I saw right up to the bit with GL saying he already had a ring and then the video went off so i think I only mmissed a couple of minutes, but if someone can mail me off list or put a hidden spoiler here then I'd be muchly grateful, thanking you kindly. smile

Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Unless Tamper Lad Screws it up...)
#605231 02/03/06 04:35 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by Bevis:
...but if someone can mail me off list or put a hidden spoiler here then I'd be muchly grateful, thanking you kindly. smile
Take a look at Lightning Lad's post on page 4 of this thread (Far From Home pt 1 - 3 etc). Those links have images with a synopsis. There's a funny joke at the end after the team comes back from the future.

#605232 02/03/06 05:48 PM
Active
Active
Cool! I am crossing my fingers that this is what the LSH cartoon will look like. I really hate the animated Teen Titans style.
I love how they sort of took the "best" costumes from different eras for the members. If only Sun Boy, Dream Girl and Dawnstar would have been in that episode!

#605233 02/04/06 03:09 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I have seen it I have seen it. BouncingBoy

Boy I really enjoyed this. Although the majority of the legion dont get to speak or do much apart from fight Kara, they look so damn cool doing it.

I really liked the love interest and the various little tips of the hat to legion lore.

I have it taped (all the way to the end Bevis tongue ) and only had one or two minor quibbles.

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">Firstly Mano gets destructive powers in both hands, Secondly Validus is shown to be a robot. At the end Kara punches a whole in his chest and as he/it falls we see sparks and wires in the cavety. Finally as mentioned above Shadow Lass seems to get energy beams similar to those of wildfire and Lightning Lad</span></span>

I liked for the most part the legionnaires costumes even though Imra <span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">wears a short skirt rather than trousers</span></span> and (on my tv at least) Brainy is more Blue than Green.

And towards the end we get to see the reason why only two Justice League go back. and this is one reason why a legion cartoon might just be on the cards.

Faithfull
#605234 02/04/06 03:21 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
PS.

BEVIS I sent you an e mail to your yahoo account with the ending.

Faithfull
#605235 02/04/06 03:35 PM
Leader
Leader
Thanks Darden. Pretty much confirmed what I suspected, but it's nice to be sure.

You are right about Brainy being more blue though. Braniac (as in the robot) has always been a bit more blue on STAS and JLU so I guess they decided it wouldn't make sense for B5 not to be as well, but I would still have liked to have seen bright green Brainy.

Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Unless Tamper Lad Screws it up...)
#605236 02/04/06 06:53 PM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
What happened to KQ1, Spark, Triad and Andromeda?

My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War .
#605237 02/04/06 11:27 PM
Rejected Substitute Reservist
Tenzil Kem
Condo Arlick
Andrew Nolan

Just one of these.

Please please please please....I just need one. All three would be like heaven, but I just need one...Oh sweet just Lord please...

"I weighed the odds of this working versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid and, well, I did it anyway,"

- Crow T. Robot
#605238 02/04/06 11:58 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Okay, now that the JLU cartoon is in the history books, let us focus on the (hopefully soon-to-be) Legion series.

Shawn, the guy voicing Timber Wolf, has posted over at his blog that the first recording session takes place this coming Friday, February 10. He also says that before hand the actors and animators will get together for the first time. Maybe we'll have some more news by next weekend.

Shawn also mentions that he may have some trouble with his lines as it appears Brin spends most of the first script howling. TimberWolf

#605239 02/05/06 07:12 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
eek

please tell me you're joking...

arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six
#605240 02/05/06 07:30 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Hmm. Looks like Shawn removed the post from his blog. Bet he was asked to because he was talking about the show.

Wish I was kidding Arachne. Here is his post:

* I just finished reading the script for the episode in which my character is introduced on the Legion of Super Heroes. Why do I spend the first half of the episode growling and howling like a wild animal? From the script:

. Backlit by a FULL MOON, we see the outline of the BEAST. It lets loose a blood curdling howl!

Blood curdling howl?!!!!! Man, I don't know how to howl. I better go rent some movies with wolves and get to practicing their howls. Yikes.

#605241 02/05/06 09:15 PM
Yk Offline
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
(echo)
Wow.

That is SO cool! Thank you everybody for sharing as much as you have. I'm getting more and more excited about this, the spoliers only made me even more interested.

I noticed while reading the synopsis and looking at those marvelous stills that this IS the same Supergirl we've known for the last several years. She simply changed her costume..I was wondering how they'd make the transition from the old Supergirl to the new one in JLU. Simply done, new threads.

Incidentally, it looks to me like the only really obvious statues in the Hall of Heroes are two that we're very familiar with as statues (edit: I apologize for using the character names and I'm going to remove the spoiler)...and like Scotty, I refuse to speculate on the identity of the statue in the foreground...

#605242 02/05/06 10:02 PM
Andy Dead already!?!?! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! frown mad faint

Poor FE never can catch a break. It's like he was destined to die!

...Oh wait.

"I weighed the odds of this working versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid and, well, I did it anyway,"

- Crow T. Robot
#605243 02/06/06 02:35 AM
Leader
Leader
I saw it too! I love Chuck's power sound effect! Its just like a red rubber school ground kickball! I want a Chuck figure! I might see Bruce Timm at Wondercon next weekend - I wonder if I talk about the episode (since its not technically out here yet)?

Page 3 of 25 1 2 3 4 5 24 25

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,021
Posts1,045,250
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Lass Girl
Lass Girl
New Jersey