Roll Call
1 members (Alexander, Alexander), 72 Murran Spies, and 7 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Legionnaire Mastermind
by stile86 - 05/17/24 07:35 PM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Legion Tracker - 05/17/24 07:35 PM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by stile86 - 05/17/24 07:33 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by stile86 - 05/17/24 07:33 PM
Legion Trivia 6
by stile86 - 05/17/24 07:32 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by stile86 - 05/17/24 07:30 PM
Happy birthday, stile86!
by stile86 - 05/17/24 07:26 PM
Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
by Alexander - 05/17/24 07:09 PM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Adventure Comics #8/511: Preview/Discussion (Spoilers!)
#605850 03/04/10 04:58 PM
L
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
L
Originally posted by jimgallagher:
Is that a new wrinkle, so to speak?
lol

#605851 03/04/10 05:04 PM
space mutineer & purveyor of quality sammitches
[snip]

Originally posted by Mediocre Boy:

Anyway, I'm going to trust a statement that was made by Dan Dido somewhere at some point in the last year: namely that Legion fans are going to be very happy in the days to come.
He's just trying to lull you into a false sense of security, MB! Don't fall for it until we finally get those damn rings!

wink

Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on DeviantArt! Drop by and tell me that I sent you. *updated often!*
#605852 03/04/10 06:02 PM
Active
Active
My thoughts...

I enjoyed this issue well enough, not a big fan of the last story but that's simply because I don't care about that plot line.

The Superboy story was nice, but I HATE the entire idea that "so and so with knowledge sent us on a mission to fix something but didn't tell us what or how and for no particular reason we weren't supposed to communicate with eachother". That's stupid storytelling, so unless at the end of this thing the writers can make that make sense than I figure they just got lazy, and that annoys me.

Other thing is how awful Jeckie's new costume look. Nothing about it works for me, the tiara at the top looks ridiculous, even more so with the open eyes on the full face mask and the sleeveless look is wretched. Honestly the boob window was actually the least worst thing about the new costume. Sigh, I worry about so called artists who design things like that.

Now on to the positive stuff. I did like the set-up, normally I don't like getting short stories like that, especially when I pay $4 for the issue, but here I felt that it was good set-up and except for the last story didn't feel like filler. I think Gate's work was the strongest, he set-up what he needed to set-up and still left room for our heroes to DO something, which we don't always see in comics, and I did like some of the insight into Brainy that he showed us.

I was thinking of sitting out this storyline, but I think I'll at least pick up a portion of it (I'll have to look and see) but I am intrigued.

So solid issue, just wish they would stop redesigning the Legionnaires costumes so that they look worse than they did before.

Long Live the Legion!
#605853 03/04/10 07:13 PM
Active
Active
1) i dont like mon's look Jackies look and i am real sick of the superboy in god damn jeans but i did like that Querl as a child wore the rebot clothing

2)you'd think that cham would be a little more interested in what his dad was planing when his dad said it was his last will and testament

3) i didn't like that jan did the whole superman revile with his shirt..but i do like he's back in the pink

4)old Brainy's dad...was an asshole. he flat out ingrained it into Querl that he was meant dominate others..thats what drives brainy insane the first time. (ya know on top of being the only one in the legion that never got a vacation.) him in the legion doing good went against his conditioning as a child and over the years that drove him crazy.

5) brainys parents died way before he went to the legion..Brainy was raised by the state. that part of the reason he dosen't like clou..kids hated him and he was raised in an orphanage with other kids

6)you cant just call some one a brainiac. i is not exclusive to the dox line. IT. IS. A. TITLE. Querl has had it since a few hours after his birth cause thats how long it took for the 12th level brain to show, thats is why he gets away with so much with the up, so long as he doesn't blow up the planet there good.

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

i do commissions
#605854 03/04/10 09:32 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Lyrl took the Brainiac 'title' for himself.
I guess ONLY a Dox can claim it.

And the orphan thing, maybe Querl's dad died soon after the scene we saw.
That would still make Brainy an orphan at an early age.

We have to remember that this is the retroboot and the timeline HAS been changed somewhat.

Originally, Val wasn't resurrected and killed again, Lu didn't have her second self killed in the past, RJ Brande wasn't murdered at this point, Mysa didn't become the Black Witch, yada yada.

I agree that I hate Jeckie's and Lar's look but Cham may not know that his father is really dead since there has been a time block for the last year, as stated this issue.

I wonder is the Time Trapper is somehow involved with Brainiac since he's usually been the one to 'block time' in the Legion's past.

And I also like the nod to the reboot.

Car Fax (love that) is so self involved that it's hard to want anything to do with her, at all.
But, I feel that way about Zod and Ursa, too.

I felt that Jan's reveal was a gift to us, the fans of EL.
He's been pretty jacked around for MANY years and they gave him back to us, even if it's for a short time.

I'm satisfied.

Did anyone else think that the Superman kissing a costumed Lois (I hope) was pretty interesting?
It was in one of the commercials.
sigh
There's nothing like a good Superman kiss scene.

A singin' and a dancin'
along the way.

JosephPrince.org
#605855 03/04/10 09:50 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Add me to the list of those giving Sensor Girl's costume a thumbs down. There is nothing about it I like.

I'm not happy to see Element Lad back in pink. I would be thrilled to see him back in his Cockrum designed green and dark blue/black.

I didn't find much to enjoy about this issue. It makes me queasy and distrustful. I've really missed my monthly Legion fix since the 3boot series was cancelled. The overall concept of "Brainiac and the Legion of Super-Heroes" has me interested. I'm almost hopeful that chronal rift (pay attention guys, it's not a space rift) might help straighten out some of the continuity rifts that bog down the Johnsboot Legion. I'm big enough, though, to accept that many of those questions may never be answered.

My bigger fear is that we won't get a story at all. Are we just going to get more "previews". In many ways, Lightning Saga was a preview for a new Flash series and Countdown. Countdown was a preview for Final Crisis. The Action story line was a preview for Legion of Three Worlds. Legion of Three Worlds was a Final Crisis crossover and a bit of a preview for Blackest Night.

Robinson's run with Mon-El on Superman and the Legion's back up in Adventure have felt like little more than previews to "Brainiac and the Legion of Super-Heroes". I'm worried that I'm going to pick up the eight issues that come out over the next few weeks, and in the end there will be a big cliffhanger that says to be continued in "War of the Supermen".

So here I sit, wondering and worrying whether I should buy "Last Stand on New Krypton", "Supergirl" and "Superman" for the next couple of months. Things are more than a bit tight financially at home right now. I'm going to miss my Legion fix if I don't buy them. If I do, and they don't deliver, I'm going to feel really dumb. DC has done that too many times these past few years.

Comic books should not make me feel queasy. frown

Beauty's where you find it. Not just where you bump and grind it.
#605856 03/04/10 09:52 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
snip

Originally posted by stephbarton:
My thoughts...

The Superboy story was nice, but I HATE the entire idea that "so and so with knowledge sent us on a mission to fix something but didn't tell us what or how and for no particular reason we weren't supposed to communicate with each other". That's stupid storytelling, so unless at the end of this thing the writers can make that make sense than I figure they just got lazy, and that annoys me.
A total guess would be that they were given solo things to do without communicating with each other to insure that everything could not be undone by one of them getting taken and the info pried out of them...which would also lead me to believe that there are redundancies built into their missions. In case one failed.

Active LMB character is still Beast Boy.

#605857 03/04/10 10:46 PM
Leader
Leader
I think the boots might be the ugliest part of Jeckie's costume and that's saying some thing cause that's just a lot of ugly.

Haven't seen anything that hideous since Kitty Pryde designed her first costume.

Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com
#605858 03/05/10 08:10 AM
Active
Active
let's keep the whole costume thing with some perspective...or would you guys rather have Sneckie back?

Bring back the super-cousins
#605859 03/05/10 08:15 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Oh big deal, they turned her into a snake. Be lucky they didn't carve her eyes out and make her possessed.

#605860 03/05/10 08:58 AM
Leader
Leader
Originally posted by Superboy-Supergirl:
let's keep the whole costume thing with some perspective...or would you guys rather have Sneckie back?
Oh, saints preserve us, no!

#605861 03/05/10 09:38 AM
Active
Active
Originally posted by Candle:
Lyrl took the Brainiac 'title' for himself.

Originally, Val wasn't resurrected and killed again, Lu didn't have her second self killed in the past, RJ Brande wasn't murdered at this point, Mysa didn't become the Black Witch, yada yada.

I agree that I hate Jeckie's and Lar's look but Cham may not know that his father is really dead since there has been a time block for the last year, as stated this issue.
right his dad was alive and well when they left. so if your dad said to you 'this is my last will and testament' that is not a normal thing to say to any one let alone your kid. especially to your kid who is a detective..

also that means Rj had to know he was going to die.

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

i do commissions
#605862 03/05/10 10:36 AM
[snip]

Originally posted by kidflash2fan:
...right his dad was alive and well when they left. so if your dad said to you 'this is my last will and testament' that is not a normal thing to say to any one let alone your kid. especially to your kid who is a detective..

also that means RJ had to know he was going to die.
Well, that's never exactly been a normal parent-child relationship, has it? They have their own weird dynamic. eek lol eek

I was telling mr_cleome last week that I need to have my will updated because it hasn't been for ten years. And I'm not even in a career where anyone's ever taken a shot at me.

Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on DeviantArt! Drop by and tell me that I sent you. *updated often!*
#605863 03/05/10 06:58 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Well, I don't hate Jeckie's costume. It really doesn't bother me that much, so i guess I'm in the minority here. Thats fine.

Jan in pink...don't even like it on women in bikini's. Its just an ugly pastel color to me. right up there with institutional green.

Mon's suit...wrong. Just so wrong.

That being said, thats about all the negative I have. I thought the story was fast paced, even with the exposition. I got a lot of reveals because I haven't been reading the superman books and don't plan to start to, and Paul is starting soon. That makes me happy.

And, I got to see my favorite legionaire, Timber Wolf, in quick action.

And this is the lead up to a new legion book. Color me happy. Not gonna nitpick it because I've seen enough of that at the WW boards over at DC.

Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!
#605864 03/05/10 09:34 PM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
Originally posted by Jerry:
I'm not happy to see Element Lad back in pink. I would be thrilled to see him back in his Cockrum designed green and dark blue/black.
Total agreement there. That was always my favorite E-lad costume.

Wrapped Around Your Finger now complete in BITS!
#605865 03/06/10 09:58 AM
Active
Active
no way people element lad back in pink is the best thing ever

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

i do commissions
#605866 03/06/10 10:01 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I do like this outfit design better than the giant arrow. I would have like to see this tweaked a little. Either in design or color.

Active LMB character is still Beast Boy.

#605867 03/06/10 10:28 AM
Leader
Leader
I like the pink too. It's E Lad's signature color.

#605868 03/06/10 02:50 PM
Active
Active

The poster formerly known as Carggaphile.
#605869 03/06/10 08:18 PM
Everyone on scans_daily is snerking right now because in the current Adventure story, Jan looks like he's delivering a strip-o-gram to the Kent household.

I still like the costume though.

#605870 03/06/10 09:38 PM
Active
Active
that would be a good back up job for jan now that you bring it up

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

i do commissions
#605871 03/06/10 09:48 PM
Hey, don't credit/blame me. I didn't even buy the issue. tongue

#605872 03/06/10 10:16 PM
Active
Active
me either-im so broke right now after a huge snow storm i hit not one but 2 pot holes on two different days (in less then one week) that just wrecked one tire and the second one im hoping my muffler can get reattached to the part its disconnected from

buying comics right now is low on my list..but i did download it cause i need to keep up with my legion

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

i do commissions
#605873 03/07/10 08:35 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Just read it.

The Brainy story was decent. Didn't love the art but it wasn't bad.

I love Julian Lopez so I was excited about the next story. Element Lad the way I like him! Costume looked great. Everyone was talking about back in pink and I thought they meant the pink/white costume. But this is the magneta/black costume that rocks! And he doesn't have the perm anymore! wink

Loved the double page with the other members on it. On the cover i HATED Sensor Girl's costume but with Lopez drawing it I like it. It would look better without the mask but if her identity is a secret her powers work better. Tellus looked great! Cham looked a bit too young but he's a shape shifter so maybe he did it on purpose to look young for Mon and Kon...or to look like what Mon-El will meet him as in the future. I haven't kept up with Mon-El's story so I have to read it now.

Not liking having the Legion tied into every Superman event. I think less is more with the Legion-Superman relationship. Make their interaction their own event. Superman events are not GL events that rock. smile

#605874 03/07/10 09:11 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I just loved reading this issue!
Not just because it finally brought all the Legionnaires-in-the-past-on-a-secret-mission stuff to a boil but also because, as so many on here have said already, it gave me my monthy Legion fix (gosh we Legion fans are "addicts" of a sort aren't we?? Oh well! LOL).
I agree that Jeckie's costume is a bit too circus performer-ish, and I prefer the pink/black costume on Jan.
Cham looks great in his new costume though but ME Lad needs an overhaul in the costume department badly. I think once the new regular Legion book starts we'll see Princess/Queen Projectra revert to her normal self again (platinum hair and a costume more befitting a monarch). She can lose the name "Sensor Girl" too as far as I'm concerned.
The Brainiac storyline sounds interesting and I for one am onboard with it.
I'm so happy the Legion's back in full force ... this is definately going to be the Legion's year.

I hope!

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,022
Posts1,045,425
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
knowjack
knowjack
Memphis, TN