Roll Call
0 members (), 20 Murran Spies, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/01/24 05:05 PM
Postlo3w stories *LATEST UPDATE 1 MAY*
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/01/24 03:51 PM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Ann Hebistand - 05/01/24 03:50 PM
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by Set - 05/01/24 12:17 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/01/24 03:45 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/01/24 03:44 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/01/24 03:44 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Legion April 2009 Solicitations and Images ... SPOILERS
#612422 01/19/09 09:06 PM
Ricardo Offline OP
Active
OP Offline
Active
No Adventure Comics in April

So DC continues its downwards spiral by releasing a bunch of one-shots related to the awfully bad concept Battle for the Cowl and nothing on Adventure Comics. Not even a single information on what the 8-page extra on ADV #0 is about.
Meaning: They didn't have a clue on what they would do. The plan is to do whatever Johns decides to do.
Oh, and he is killing another Flash on Flash Rebirth. How novel!

Re: Legion April 2009 Solicitations and Images ... SPOILERS
#612423 01/19/09 09:12 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Where are you getting this information?

#612424 01/19/09 09:35 PM
Ricardo Offline OP
Active
OP Offline
Active

#612425 01/19/09 10:32 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Thanks!

click to enlarge

SUPERMAN: WORLD OF NEW KRYPTON #2
Written by James Robinson & Greg Rucka
Art by Pete Woods
Cover by Gary Frank
Variant cover by Pete Woods
Superman thought that joining his people on New Krypton would allow him to ease some of the tension between Earth and his people, but lately nothing’s been easy for the Man of Steel! Alura still shows no signs of becoming the kind of leader Superman wants her to be. The people of New Krypton still don’t understand the responsibilities that come with their new abilities. And as for Zod? Superman doesn’t even know where to start with Zod. All The Man of Steel knows is that he can’t be trusted. And Zod is about to prove Superman right.
Retailers please note: This issue will ship with two covers. For every 25 copies of the Standard Edition (with a cover by Gary Frank), retailers may order one copy of the Variant Edition (with a cover by Pete Woods). Please see the Previews Order Form for more information.
On sale April 8 • 2 of 12 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US

Ties into Mon-El's appearances...maybe Tellus too?

click to enlarge

ACTION COMICS #876
Written by Greg Rucka
Art by Eddy Barrows & Ruy Jose
Cover by Andrew Robinson
Enter: Ursa!
On sale April 15 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US

Ties into Mon-El's appearances...maybe Tellus too?

click to enlarge

SUPERMAN #687
Written by James Robinson
Art by Renato Guedes & Wilson Magalháes
Cover by Andrew Robinson
Mon-El has agreed to be Metropolis’s new champion – unfortunately Metropolis wants nothing to do with him! In the wake of the events in the “New Krypton” saga, Mon-El faces fierce anti-Kryptonian sentiments from a city that assumes he’s Kryptonian. Oh, and there’s also the not-so-small problem of Rampage. Meanwhile, the Guardian and his Science Police must deal with the Prankster’s new wave of murderous fun. And Black Lightning and Steel face the repercussions of a world without Superman.
On sale April 29 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US

Mon-El...nuff said!

click to enlarge

GREEN LANTERN CORPS #35
Written by Peter J. Tomasi
Art and cover by Patrick Gleason & Rebecca Buchman
Variant cover by Rodolfo Migliari
Prelude to BLACKEST NIGHT! “Emerald Eclipse” continues as a Red Lantern escapes out of its sciencell and ignites a riot on Oa, forcing Guy, Kyle, Kilowog and Voz to try and prevent the ultimate jailbreak. Meanwhile, Sodam Yat and Arisia arrive on Daxam to stop Mongul and the Sinestro Corps. But how can they hope to stop an entire Corps? Plus: Sinestro arrives on Korugan in search of his daughter!

Retailers please note: This issue will ship with two covers. For every 25 copies of the Standard Edition (with a cover by Patrick Gleason & Rebecca Buchman), retailers may order one copy of the Variant Edition (with a cover by Rodolfo Migliari). Please see the Previews Order Form for more information.

Daxam in the 21st century and retread of the Darkness Saga with Mongul and the Corps!

click to enlarge

JUSTICE SOCIETY OF AMERICA #26
Written by Geoff Johns
Art by Dale Eaglesham & Nathan Massengill
Covers by Alex Ross
Featuring three painted covers by Alex Ross depicting the entire Justice Society of America! In a very special day-in-the-life story of the JSA titled “Black Adam Ruined My Birthday,” the team celebrates the birthday of one of their own – Stargirl! Don’t miss this momentous issue.
Retailers please note: This issue will ship with three covers by Alex Ross that can be ordered separately. Please see the Previews Order Form for more information.
On sale April 29 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US

Starman...nuff said!

click to enlarge

R.E.B.E.L.S. #3
Written by Tony Bedard
Art and cover by Andy Clarke
Vril Dox – the universe’s most benevolent jerk – recruits more team members to help him reclaim his intergalactic L.E.G.I.O.N. police force. But you’ll be as shocked as he is when he learns who stole it in the first place. Believe us when we say this secret will rattle the entire DCU cosmos! Guest-starring the Omega Men.

Spin-off of a Legion spin-off!

Link to Cover

STRANGE ADVENTURES #2
Written by Jim Starlin
Art by Manuel Garcia & Al Milgrom and Jim Starlin & Rob Hunter
Cover by Jim Starlin and Rob Hunter
Adam Strange discovers that someone – or something – is stealing stars. But no one believes him! Has Adam gone crazy? Meanwhile, Comet remains in hiding until the arrival of a very unexpected visitor while Bizarro tries putting an end to a senseless war.
On sale April 1 • 2 of 8 • 40 pg, FC, $3.99 US

Comet and perhaps other L.E.G.I.O.N. related stuff!

Link to Cover

BOOSTER GOLD: 52 PICK-UP TP
Written by Geoff Johns and Jeff Katz
Art and cover by Dan Jurgens and Norm Rapmund
Booster Gold is back in this softcover volume collecting BOOSTER GOLD #1-6 as the Super Hero from tomorrow must repair the timeline of the DC Universe to earn membership in the Justice League of America!
Advance-solicited; on sale May 20 • 160 pg, FC, $14.99 US

Brainiac 5 cameo(s)!

Link to Cover

FINAL CRISIS HC
Written by Grant Morrison
Art by J.G. Jones, Carlos Pacheco, Jesus Merino, Marco Rudy, Doug Mahnke and Christian Alamy
Cover by J.G. Jones
The year’s most mind-blowing event is collected in this spectacular new hardcover featuring FINAL CRISIS #1-7! What happens when evil wins? That’s the devastating question Superman, Batman, the Justice League and every other super being in the DC Universe must face when Darkseid and his otherworldly legion of followers actually win the war between light and dark. Written by superstar creator Grant Morrison (JLA, BATMAN) with stellar art from J.G. Jones (52 covers), Carlos Pacheco (SUPERMAN) and Doug Mahnke (BLACK ADAM), this event defined the DCU and the New Gods for the 21st century and beyond!
Advance-solicited; on sale June 10 • 240 pg, FC, $24.99 US

Brainiac 5/Starman cameo(s)!

click to enlarge

THE HISTORY OF THE DC UNIVERSE NEW PRINTING TP
Written by Marv Wolfman
Art by George Pérez and Karl Kesel
Cover by Alex Ross
Don’t miss this new printing of the definitive history of the DC Universe. Featuring virtually every character in the DC Universe, this tale takes us from the dawn of creation to the end of recorded history and lays the foundation for adventures to come.
Advance-solicited; on sale May 13 • 104 pg, FC , $12.99 US

Beautiful spread of the Levitz-era Legion!

Link to Cover

SHOWCASE PRESENTS: SUPER FRIENDS VOL. 1 TP
Written by E. Nelson Bridwell and Dennis O’Neil
Art by Ric Estrada, Vince Colletta, Ramona Fradon, Bob Smith and Kurt Schaffenberger
Cover by Alex Toth
The superstars of the 1970s animated adventures star in this new, bargain-priced volume collecting SUPER FRIENDS #1-24!
Advance-solicited; on sale May 27 • 448 pg, B&W, $9.99 US

Time Trapper adventures!

Link to Cover

STARMAN OMNIBUS VOL. 3 HC
Written by James Robinson
Art by Tony Harris, Gene Ha, Dusty Abell, Phil Jimenez, J.H. Williams III and others
Cover by Tony Harris
In this third volume Opal City is terrorized by Dr. Pip, an eccentric bomber. Plus, Starman teams up with Batman to save the life of Solomon Grundy. Collecting STARMAN #30-38, STARMAN ANNUAL #2, STARMAN SECRET FILES #1 and THE SHADE #1-4.
Advance-solicited; on sale June 17 • 432 pg, FC, $49.99 US

Valor appearances!

click to enlarge

SUPER FRIENDS #14
Written by Sholly Fisch

Art by Scott Shaw! & Terry Beatty
Cover by J. Bone
When the alien Kanjar Ro invades Earth, he freezes all humans so that they won’t mess with him – including the Super Friends! What he doesn’t know is that he’s about to face resistance from their super best friends – the Super Pets!
On sale April 15 • 32 pg, FC, $2.50 US

Super-Pets...nuff said!

#612426 01/19/09 11:40 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
am surprised to see Josef Rubenstein for the art on Green Arrow/Black Canary book. Has he ever done the work recently that I might have missed? The last time I saw his artwork was wayyy back in 1980s such as SLSH #230 to #240...or #250? is that the same guy?

#612427 01/20/09 06:49 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
and I missed the Super Friends #14 - two birds with one stone - Scottie Shaw! and Super Pets...Nice! I will buy that one for sure.

#612428 01/21/09 01:46 AM
Active
Active
Originally posted by superboymddjr:
am surprised to see Josef Rubenstein for the art on Green Arrow/Black Canary book. Has he ever done the work recently that I might have missed? The last time I saw his artwork was wayyy back in 1980s such as SLSH #230 to #240...or #250? is that the same guy?
Same guy...I think that was among his first comics work.

He's been all over DC(early 90's) and Marvel(most of the 80's) since then. He's a great inker but has never seemed to really get the credit he deserves. Done a ton of work at both companies on just about every major title. He was fantastic on the Legion for a guy who was basically beginning his career.

I think he inked the Legion Science Police mini-series also...

But yeah, same guy.

#612429 01/21/09 01:48 AM
Active
Active
R.E.B.E.L.S. looks good...so does the Mon-El storyline.

#612430 01/21/09 09:20 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Love Mon-El.
I wonder how they're going to work in Daxam this time, IF they address it.
It's in some current storyline, I think.

Whatever happened to getting wiser as you get older?
I just get more confused.

The way you guys remember artists and writers just boggles my mind!
Impressive!

A singin' and a dancin'
along the way.

JosephPrince.org
#612431 01/22/09 05:30 PM
Active
Active
Wow, and here I thought there were no Legion solits for April.

So who else is picking up Superman for the Mon-El appearances? I'm thinking about it...

Long Live the Legion!
#612432 01/23/09 12:03 AM
W
Applicant
Applicant
W
The Super-Pets of the Superfriends? Bwahahaha I LOVE it! I may just have to pick that up for the fun of it.

#612433 01/27/09 08:52 PM
Applicant
Applicant
It will be interesting to see how they write Mon-el as Superman's replacement. At this point, Mon-el has obviously seen many things from the phantom zone, but has little to no actual crime fighting experience. Will he be portrayed as a "rookie" hero, learning on the job? As basically a scientist and explorer, I see him as actually smarter than Superman, which isn't saying much at times.

Is this the first time he's been out of the "zone" for any extended period since he's been in there?

#612434 02/04/09 03:26 AM
Active
Active
sometimes they want to keep things a surprise for certain conventions like... i dunno, NYCC?

i think they know what they want to do but they're having scheduling and delay problems to get the timing right. since uh... there have been delay problems with a thing that will impact the presented legion called....legion of three worlds.

just because they're not telling us doesn't mean there's nothing there. i don't know how to explain that comics have to be planned out WELL in advance because it takes TIME to make them. think about when we heard the announcement for LO3W versus when that occurred.

#612435 02/16/09 01:33 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I am looking forward to see what'll we have in May solicitation! Will it be ready today or tomorrow?

#612436 02/16/09 01:41 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
My source dried up. So we have to wait for the other sites to see the covers, etc.

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,020
Posts1,045,049
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
googoomuck
googoomuck
Minneapolis Minnesota