Roll Call
0 members (), 35 Murran Spies, and 21 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/21/24 12:55 PM
Legion Trivia 6
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/21/24 12:54 PM
Fatal Five in DC August Solicits
by Sarcasm Kid - 05/21/24 12:27 PM
The 2nd All Avengers Thread
by Ann Hebistand - 05/21/24 10:16 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by thoth lad - 05/21/24 08:47 AM
Postlo3w stories *LATEST UPDATE 19 MAY*
by Harbinger - 05/21/24 03:08 AM
Kill This Thread LIII - There's a Joker in Here!
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/21/24 01:58 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/21/24 12:27 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Season Two excitement! *Spoiler Warning*
#617977 09/26/07 03:37 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
EDE just put my thoughts into words about this episode.

#617978 09/26/07 03:52 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
I didn't like Cham either. He turned into that generic funny visual ala Beast Boy.

But I did like the darker tone though it could get old if it's every episode.

#617979 09/28/07 10:32 PM
G
Leader
Leader
G
Based on the opening credits, it looks like we have some background character outfit changes - Star Boy looks subtly different (from what I can remember from last season, anyway), and I *think* Gim has longer hair, but Violet looks COMPLETELY different - a green outfit and a variation of her late-postboot hair - a purple streak on her forelocks.

All the other backgrounders looked the same. Anyone catch anything else?

Interested in the Post-Zero Hour Reboot Legion? Check out:

The Reboot Legion Timeline

Fan Fiction: The Legion of Super-Heroes v4.1 (continuing the reboot from issue 126!) on LW or here (external)

#617980 09/29/07 12:59 PM
Applicant
Applicant
Does anybody feel that there were enough problems with season one that it required this much of a change?

Personally, I thought they were right on target with the way they handled, well, pretty much everything with season one, particularly the mix of old and new Legion stories (not a fan of what they did with Brainy, though).

I realize that rebooting the LSH has become all the rage in the past few years, but was it really necessary to do it in their first, and probably only, turn on television.

#617981 09/29/07 01:43 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Does anybody feel that there were enough problems with season one that it required this much of a change?
well i guess that they didn't want to keep up with the "Futures so bright" type of setting.
interesting combo of the LSV and the Fatal 5 or 4 minus Validus. and at least Cham's mentioned that "My Fathers Rich" bit. and i love the Legion's new Crusier. i'm loving this season so far.

Judging yourself right is a
destination, i'm just on a journey

http://pnubaumturk.deviantart.com/
#617982 09/29/07 01:50 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
I thought the first season struggled a bit at first, but by the end of it it was really getting good. They seem to have messed up a good thing with the "reboot".

#617983 09/30/07 12:59 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I am hoping to see Shadow Lass and Light Lass/Lightning Lass to pop up in the Legion cartoon sometimes this season. *finger crossing*

#617984 09/30/07 02:01 AM
S
Active
Active
S
Originally posted by Flynt Brojj:
Honestly, I don't see much difference between seasons 1 and 2. The tone of season 2 is somewhat darker, and the costumes are different, but overall the changes seem more cosmetic than real.

Aaron Kashtan/Sir Tim Drake
#617985 09/30/07 03:05 AM
Substitute
Substitute
The reboot is fine. They are gonna kind of going to have to keep rebooting though if they keep uping the stakes. There will be a season 3. WB is hyping it too much for there not to be. I say we'll get maybe between 4 and 6 seasons.

Jin Rai!!!
#617986 09/30/07 09:10 AM
Deputy
Deputy
I thought the 2nd part was much better and paid off the first. First, we're back in the 31st Century. Second, we have Legionnaires in peril, Legionnaires caring about each other, and the orginal Superman. 3rd, Imperiex shows some glimmer of being slightly more interesting than the typical comic blow-hard conquerer.

...but you don't have a moment where you're sitting there staring at a table full of twenty-five characters with little name signs that say, "Hi, my superpower is confusing you!"
#617987 09/30/07 12:25 PM
Active
Active
First off, saw a few mentions of the statues
from the first ep. Having freeze-framed it
and comparing to unifrmm patterns in others
shots (with color for additional cues), I am
99.9% certain the statues were (left to right):

Phantom Girl
Lightning Lad
Cosmic Boy
Saturn Girl
Colossal Boy

So, no Ultra Boy. Also, freezing the opening
montage, I saw no evidence of Ultra Boy, but
I did see every other heretofore shown Legionnaire
EXCEPT for (sniff, my fave) Element Lad.
Thought I saw Karate Kid.

HOWEVER, if you note that I am posting after
the 2nd ep., I am quite happy to see that they
did show Element Lad in the background. Big relief!

As far as Ultra Boy, to have him now as a member
would waste a potential great story for the
circumstances of his joining, and showing him
as a statue could ruin the surprise (though I
think few would notice).

In general, I love the new season, and
I think it is terrific that they are
acknowledging the existence of the "peripheral"
members much sooner this year. I'll move other
comments I may have on the 2nd ep to that
thread...

"I like stuff that doesn't exist."
#617988 09/30/07 01:47 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by Evolution Has Failed:
First off, saw a few mentions of the statues
from the first ep. Having freeze-framed it
and comparing to unifrmm patterns in others
shots (with color for additional cues), I am
99.9% certain the statues were (left to right):

Phantom Girl
Lightning Lad
Cosmic Boy
Saturn Girl
Colossal Boy

So, no Ultra Boy. Also, freezing the opening
montage, I saw no evidence of Ultra Boy, but
I did see every other heretofore shown Legionnaire
EXCEPT for (sniff, my fave) Element Lad.
Thought I saw Karate Kid.

HOWEVER, if you note that I am posting after
the 2nd ep., I am quite happy to see that they
did show Element Lad in the background. Big relief!

As far as Ultra Boy, to have him now as a member
would waste a potential great story for the
circumstances of his joining, and showing him
as a statue could ruin the surprise (though I
think few would notice).

In general, I love the new season, and
I think it is terrific that they are
acknowledging the existence of the "peripheral"
members much sooner this year. I'll move other
comments I may have on the 2nd ep to that
thread...
so did you find Shadow Lass or Light Lass in either episode?

and also while they have shown that Chameleon as a rookie - I wonder if they have used his real name - "Reep Daggle" yet? I wonder if that is Cham II - younger brother of Liggt, instead of Reep?

#617989 09/30/07 01:52 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by He Who Wanders:
The second season has hit the ground running at super-speed. What impressed me the most was how much the premier accomplished in only half an hour.

*We learn that the Legionnaires are older.
*Superman hasn't been around in awhile.
*Chameleon Boy has joined.
*Triplicate Girl becomes Duo Damsel.

All of the above is just expository or extra information that doesn't have much to do with the main plot of Superman X and Imperiex. Yet these details were woven into the story seamlessly without being jarring or confusing (though I, too, missed it if Cham's name was ever mentioned).

I wonder if that is Cham II aka Liggt Daggle - Reep's brother instead of Reep? that would make sense why he joins the legion so late...was his real name ever mentioned?

#617990 09/30/07 01:55 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
oops did not realize that I was still on the same thread...oohhh...sorry for the kind of double posts. :embarrassed: shocked

#617991 09/30/07 05:07 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Origionally posted by superboymddjr :
I am hoping to see Shadow Lass and Light Lass/Lightning Lass to pop up in the Legion cartoon sometimes this season. *finger crossing*
There was some new about Ayla at Comics Continuum a few days ago.

"New episodes of Legion will air on Oct. 6 and Oct. 13. One of those episodes is expected to deal with Lightning Lad, his brother Mekt and his sister Ayla."

Here's a thought about Shadow Lass and Ultra Boy. As champions of their worlds, one or both of them could turn up at Imperiex's side if their homeworlds decide to concede rather than oppose him.

Plus, I see the possibility of a Legionnaire going Benedict Arnold (Silver Age style, natch). The setup in this week's episode is absolutely *perfect*.

#617992 09/30/07 07:08 PM
Substitute
Substitute
Excellent episode with so many nods to old-time fans. DVD freeze frame DOES reveal Karate Kid (diminutive, but it is he). No visual evidence of Shady, Ayla, or Mon but at least we get the hint that MEL won't spend the entire second season babbling abed. It reminds me of my plan for beefing up Tenz that I submitted to DC lo these many years ago when first he digested alien energies so he might return to duty as a more powerful member. Everything old is new again!

#617993 09/30/07 07:09 PM
Substitute
Substitute
BTW--Anyone have the air-dates and titles handy for this season?

#617994 09/30/07 07:42 PM
Active
Active
Originally posted by superboymddjr:
so did you find Shadow Lass or Light Lass in either episode?

and also while they have shown that Chameleon as a rookie - I wonder if they have used his real name - "Reep Daggle" yet? I wonder if that is Cham II - younger brother of Liggt, instead of Reep? [/QB]
I have seen no evidence of either
Shadow Lass or Light Lass...but when
I had said "heretofore known members", I meant
of the cartoon...I'm sure Ayla didn't show
as a member last year, and I'm pretty sure no
Shadow Lass either (not counting symbols
floating by)

...as for Cham, I only assume he is "the" Cham,
but who knows?

#617995 09/30/07 08:43 PM
D
Honorary
Honorary
D
I think this is pretty much how it stands as of now.

Legionnaires

Superman, Brainiac 5, Lightning Lad, Saturn Girl, Bouncing Boy, Duo Damsel, Phantom Girl, Timber Wolf, Cosmic Boy, Star Boy, Blok, Colossal Boy, Element Lad, Dream Girl, Matter-Eater Lad, Sun Boy, Tyroc, Shrinking Violet, Chameleon Boy, Kell-El
Deceased: Ferro Lad, Triplicate Girl's third body

Appears in Season 2 opening but has not appeared in show yet.

Karate Kid

Symbols appear on season 1 opening and they have appeared in show but not as Legionnaires.

Jo Nah/Ultra Boy (ally), Invisible Kid II (reject), Polar Boy (reject)

Symbols appear in season 1 opening but no appearance in show as yet.

Chemical King, Dawnstar, Shadow Lass, Quislet

Others

Ayla Ranzz (seen in flashback), Drake Burroughs (name appears in interlac on the "Champions" episode)

Also concept sketches was seen of XS during the shows development, so i guess it's possible she could show up at some point in the future as well.

#617996 09/30/07 08:47 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
add Princess Projectra (or Sensor Girl?), White Witch, Mon-El, Tellus (?), Kid Quantum (both versions?), Monstress (hey I liked her!!! so sue me!), Gates, and Kinetix to the list being unseen.

#617997 10/01/07 04:11 AM
Applicant
Applicant
Originally posted by Sir Tim Drake:
Originally posted by Flynt Brojj:
[b]Does anybody feel that there were enough problems with season one that it required this much of a change?
Honestly, I don't see much difference between seasons 1 and 2. The tone of season 2 is somewhat darker, and the costumes are different, but overall the changes seem more cosmetic than real. [/b]
Pulling the plug on the LSV storyline and the introduction of Superman X are two pretty significant changes to last season, not to mention the surprising, albeit slight, changes in personality for some of the characters.

#617998 10/01/07 11:13 AM
Active
Active
having seen last year's season final and the end of the two-parter, I have to say the show is running on all cylinders. the various nods to LSH history, and interesting plot lines. I am starting to get a JLU vibe from the show.

I wonder if we will see a super Dominator at some point?

#617999 10/01/07 12:48 PM
Honorary
Honorary
this show is really aching for girls!!

SG and PG's rolls are diminished with Trips getting a subplot and with new guys on the roster.

and then in the background there are only two girls (Vi and Dreamer) compared to almost 10 guys.

so i say bring on Shadow Lass! she'd be freaking PERFECT for this. she's dark and mysterious and headstrong and powerful and kicks butt! they need a girl that is like that!

and Dreamer! as a ditzy kinda flirt. like starfire's character from the teen titans show!

and if they introduce Ayla, she should be Light Lass. and she should be a tomboy. and she should put Garth in his place for comedic reasons. and she will be awesome.

above all things, it's a show aimed at kids and most of those kids are going to be little boys that want to watch superhero cartoons, so it's understandable to keep a high number of guys on the show so when the kids pretend to be superheroes they will have a lot of choices to chose from.

...dang, that get's me thinking. if only i had this tv show when i was 7 or 8. i would totally pretend to be legion! kids these days don't realize how lucky they have it...

everything i like rules. everything you like is terrible.
#618000 10/01/07 04:50 PM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
Originally posted by What Was Wrong With the Reboot? Lad:
this show is really aching for girls!!
Agreed. Saturn Girl has gotten sidelined, Trip has been powered down by her subplot and Tinya only shows up sporadically. Vi at least got some action, but Dreamy hasn't been shown doing anything but standing around (making her the only Legionnaire to not be seen in action yet, of those shown on-screen).

If they present Dreamy, I'd want a combination of old-school 'Marilyn' vampy-glam-Dreamy and threeboot ex-PreCop-absent-minded-buttkicker Dreamy. With movies like Minority Report and Next showcasing the dramatic potential of precognition, I think the time is ripe to see a Dreamy who is quietly confident in her ability to handle just about anything thanks to her foreknowledge.

Shadow Lass would also have some potential, in a world where the robots and goons often bear laser weapons, which she could, in theory, block completely with her light-negating powers. She's not perfectly suited to a visual medium, or teamwork, otherwise, as her darkness tends to block view of the action, and hampers her allies every bit as much as her adversaries, so the artists would have to make some adjustments to take advantage of the unique opportunities her powerset offers, visually.

Giving her cartoon-Raven-like darkforce powers might be a bit derivative, but it certainly would make her a powerhouse!

Heck, we've seen Tyroc and Blok and heard hints of Tellus and Invisible Jacques, perhaps even Dawnstar could make a flyby appearance!

Wrapped Around Your Finger now complete in BITS!
#618001 10/03/07 05:12 AM
Active
Active
Originally posted by superboymddjr:
add Princess Projectra (or Sensor Girl?), White Witch, Mon-El, Tellus (?), Kid Quantum (both versions?), Monstress (hey I liked her!!! so sue me!), Gates, and Kinetix to the list being unseen.
Also: Supergirl, Andromeda!

And I guess if you're including first reboot, ...*sigh*..., you'd have to add Magno and Thunder Girl (the name is sounding wrong..you know, the Capt. Marvel Girl...), though I doubt too many folks will worry about those...

Also, speaking of alternative Braalians, Cos's brother Pol, a.k.a. Magnetic Kid....

I'm ignoring the v4 ambiguous membership period (as I think is nearly everyone, though now I've called attention to it, we might be hearing from "#1 Kono fan" or somesuch...but it's clear the show is going for "classic" Legion, so other than possibly Supergirl, I doubt my additions to this list here will ever happen...nor would I necessarily want them to...though a story with Pol might be nice...)

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,023
Posts1,045,561
Legionnaires1,730
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires