Roll Call
0 members (), 114 Murran Spies, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 04/28/24 03:23 PM
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by Ann Hebistand - 04/28/24 11:11 AM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Ann Hebistand - 04/28/24 07:19 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/28/24 02:50 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/28/24 02:49 AM
Legion of Super-Heroes #7 (2020) - Preview and Spoilers
by Ann Hebistand - 04/27/24 10:06 AM
The 2nd All Avengers Thread
by Ann Hebistand - 04/27/24 10:04 AM
So, what are you listening to?
by Ann Hebistand - 04/27/24 06:34 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 19 of 64 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 63 64
Re: Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
#619462 04/09/10 05:14 AM
R
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
R
Poor Quislet....I guess it would be too much to hope this is deliberate characterisation, and maybe the hivemind of Teall did something to him before he escaped back to the Legion? Aside from the really jarring bad dialogue, his powers aren't exactly like they were either... :\

#619463 04/09/10 05:31 AM
strange but not a stranger
strange but not a stranger
Originally posted by Mystery Lad:
What's up with the baboon Kokos? Has this Brainiac always had baboon 'sidekicks'? Their inclusion with the bottled cities had me experiencing LSH boot dissonance. I kept thinking of the world the reboot Koko was left on- it was a jungley planet where he was shown becoming a leader of primates. A reality and 1,000 years away- so not remotely likely that reboot Koko's little fiefdom would wind up in one of Brainiac's bottles. I know that- but I still kept thinking of it. It distracted me from the rest of the issue, as a matter of fact.
Before Brainiac 5's Koko, the Silver Age Brainiac had a little pet alien monkey who was also named Koko (I believe)

Big Dog! Big Dog! Bow Wow Wow!
#619464 04/09/10 11:06 AM
Active
Active
Originally posted by razsolo:
Poor Quislet....I guess it would be too much to hope this is deliberate characterisation, and maybe the hivemind of Teall did something to him before he escaped back to the Legion? Aside from the really jarring bad dialogue, his powers aren't exactly like they were either... :\
If anyone has read The Last Stand of New Krypton #2 you'll see that Sensor Girl/Projectra sounds a bit off in her dialogue as well. She addresses Superman as "Supes" at one point. This is far too casual sounding from someone of her past royal stature.

The poster formerly known as Carggaphile.
#619465 04/09/10 11:09 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
LSoNK #2 was better than the last few installments. Legion wise, and moving the story along wise.

Major plusses for me:

Braniac 5 is here, although...why not bring some power houses with him? Looking forward to the Brainy/Kara thing. Whould be uncomofrtably fun.

Jeckie loosing her mask/tiara combo. Saying that she was only wearing it because it felt appropriate...wonder if all the negative feedback on the net had any play in that?

It's getting closer to being done, and then we get our Legion back 2 (3 times for 2 months with the B&tB issues) monthly.

Active LMB character is still Beast Boy.

#619466 04/09/10 04:34 PM
L
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
L
What's up with the 2 whole pages of them walking through that hallway in Braniac's ship??

#619467 04/09/10 08:52 PM
Leader
Leader
I haven't read it yet, but I would guess part of stretching the story for the trade.

#619468 04/11/10 10:21 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
The story itself is dragging on a bit for my tastes ... get in Brainiac's ship and get those damned bottled cities out of there already!!

I wish they would speed things up a bit. It's one thing for DC to gain sales by doing a cross-over series between different books but let's not BORE the readers in the process.

#619469 04/13/10 04:41 AM
Active
Active
I read the first five installments of LSoNW yesterday, and I have to say that the story grows on me. At the beginning, I thought that the story was - at best - average and started to get worried for this new/old Legion cause I did not think they were portrayed in a way that people would get more interested in the Legion. The way that they let themselves get captured by the Kryptonians so easily in spite of powerful members like Element Lad and Starman was disappointing to me. The artwork was also just average, not bad, but not special either.

The last issue of Adventure and #2 of the mini started to show the Legion in a better light. Tellus, Quislet and Brainy had a chance to show their powers, and Sensor Girls new costume looks much better with her mask of (that's just my Jeckie from childhood days - regal but sexy smile ). The story itself has a very strong feeling of "been there, done that" - rift in time and so on, yaaaaaawn - but I realized that I still started to get a little antsy about the outcome of the story. Meaning: I care for those characters, no matter how cheesy the storys premises are. A good sign.

So after a weak start with the Legion nothing more than extras, I think this should turn out to be a decent, though not very original, story. Hope that the ending lets the Legion look good so some people except for the fans feel like picking up LSH #1 soon.

Will Mon-El meet his 21st century doom at the end of the story? Somehow, he has to get to the 31st, we have seen him already during L3W...

#619470 04/13/10 05:13 AM
S
Active
Active
S
Originally posted by Chemical King:
[QB]Will Mon-El meet his 21st century doom at the end of the story?QB]
Judging by the cover of Adventure Comics #11 I would say yes

#619471 05/10/10 01:48 PM
Active
Active
So now I'm done with the escond half of the storyline - which leaves me with some desperate questions...

1) What exactly was the reason the timeline came unraveled? I mean, we know Brainiac was not supposed to kill Supes, but somehow did... but... why? What was the trigger that made Brainiac capable of killing Supes?

2) Same question goes for the "seeding" of the bottled cities - what was the trigger that Brainiac had to be attacked by a group of time-displaced Legionnaires to set things right?

I'm confused. The storyline was certainly solid at best, though I have to confess I loved every minute featuring the Legion...

#619472 05/12/10 05:43 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
So, according to the latest Booster Gold, the Great Darkness is still in continuity. Supposedly. Says it Happened in 3082.

#619473 05/12/10 06:40 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Did anyone pick up Action Comics? Mordru is in the Captain Atom feature. I didn't really have a chance to read what was going on, but Mordru states that if Captain Atom ever finds himself back on Sorcerer's world, he'd have a friend in Mordru. I wonder what seeds are being laid here??

#619474 05/14/10 02:26 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by Sarcasm Kid:
So, according to the latest Booster Gold, the Great Darkness is still in continuity. Supposedly. Says it Happened in 3082.
I saw that SK. loved the vison of what it was like to be on the surface of Daxam as they started to transform it into Darksied's Face.

Also loved the apperance of the Emerald Empress in there as well. A real nasty piece of work who dosnt really need the Eye to cause some horrible mayhem. shudder

Faithfull
#619475 05/21/10 12:59 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Not sure if anyone mentioned this yet, but Giffen's first Booster Gold issue actually takes place on Daxam during the Great Darkness Saga when the Daxamites are shaping it in Darkseid's image.

And it also features the Emerald Empress, who is incredibly viscious here!

#619476 05/21/10 09:38 PM
L
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
L
As well as featuring the Super-Pets, Tiny Titans #28 has a li'l Brainiac 5 cameo.
At one point, Superboy asks him if there are more super heroes in the future, to which Brainy replies,"Yes! There's a whole LEGION of us!"
Perhaps we'll see other members of the Li'l Legion appearing soon!!

#619477 05/22/10 04:12 AM
Active
Active
Well, at least the Legion exists in the "Fringe" world as Gim is visible on the cover of their version of COIE #7...

"I am the LEGION--you colossal Jerk!"--Garth Ranzz LEGION #63
#619478 05/24/10 05:03 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Hey I just heard that the Legion will be making an appearence in the Brightest Day biweekly series in an upcoming issue. If its true I wonder how/why DC would do this? They weren't really involved in the whole Blackest Night crossover series ... and the heroes that came back from the dead aren't related to any 31st century character including the Legionnaires that I'm aware of ... so what gives!?
Could this be yet another marketing ploy to get readers to sample the Legion book (if they haven't done so already).
I'm not complaining mind you. Any extra exposure or "free press" to build a stronger base for the new book is a bonus as far as I'm concerned.

Can anyone post any new info to confirm this if they read it somewhere? I am off to check the DC boards once again, just to make sure.

#619479 05/26/10 04:17 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I just picked up issue #34 of The Brave and The Bold which teams the founders with the Doom Patrol. It was cool seeing Garth, Rokk, and Imra in their original uniforms, working hand in hand with the Patrol and working together to battle a cosmic emegency.

The biggest surprise is that during the coarse of the story the Legion finds .... what can only be described as ... a pink TRIBBLE???
What a nice little surprise this was for someone like me who's enjoyed Star Trek in its many forms over the years.

... I wonder what it means tho'!

#619480 05/27/10 08:32 AM
K
Active
Active
K
That Brave and the Bold issue was absurd. I know that it was pseudo-Silver-Age and that we have to tolerate a certain amount of bad science, but this was... worse than most.

• If I were going to stop a black hole the last group I'd contact is the Doom Patrol. The Legion has, oh, a member that makes things light and another one that makes things heavy? You know, to affect gravity?
  • A black hole with the mass of the sun is 30 kilometers across. One the size of the moon would be much more massive than the sun and would have torn the Earth apart in an instant.
  • At any rate, astronomers today would be able to detect such a black hole very far in advance. Currently we can detect the effect of Jupiter's gravity on the other planets and Jupiter is a lot farther away and a lot lighter. There would be years of warning.
  • A primordial black hole is the same as any other black hole. The only difference is that since they weren't formed by collapsing stars, they can exist in sizes smaller than normal.
  • A black hole that evaporates by Hawking radiation does so because it's entirely been converted to energy. If a black hole were somehow made to evaporate in this manner it would release hundreds of times the total lifetime energy output of the sun. The Earth would have been fried, along with all Legionnaires.
  • If you're going back in time and changing history anyway, the correct solution is to go back a week, find the black hole, and throw a planet at it to push it away (black holes have momentum). Of course this depends on you having planetary-level superpowers, but really, the "solution" that they actually used does too.
  • It was out of character for the Legionnaires to be giving that much exposition. They're teenagers, not scientists.

#619481 05/27/10 03:57 PM
L
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
L
LOL! Ken, you are just too much! Don't ever change!!

#619482 05/31/10 02:24 AM
Active
Active
Originally posted by future king:
I just picked up issue #34 of The Brave and The Bold which teams the founders with the Doom Patrol. It was cool seeing Garth, Rokk, and Imra in their original uniforms, working hand in hand with the Patrol and working together to battle a cosmic emegency.

The biggest surprise is that during the coarse of the story the Legion finds .... what can only be described as ... a pink TRIBBLE???
What a nice little surprise this was for someone like me who's enjoyed Star Trek in its many forms over the years.

... I wonder what it means tho'!
Betchya it ends up being a piece of Dumb Bunny's costume...

#619483 05/31/10 02:35 AM
Active
Active
Originally posted by Korbal:
Well, at least the Legion exists in the "Fringe" world as Gim is visible on the cover of their version of COIE #7...
Here's a Newsarama link for the cover...

http://www.newsarama.com/php/multimedia/album_view.php?gid=2038&page=4

#619484 06/02/10 07:37 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
The bad science in "Brave & the Bold" didn't bother me in and of itself, but it dominated the book, leaving little else. In case someone hasn't read the solits for the next issue, I won't spoil it, but there was so much stuff done just to set up the next issue that even if it comes as a surprise in the next ish, the solits spoiled the concept for me and it still didn't really make *this* issue any more compelling.

This was an exercise in storytelling with very very little else and it wasn't even a storytelling gimmick that's particularly original or interesting to read in this case.

#619485 06/02/10 02:51 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I quite liked this B&B issue.
OK so the concept of a Black hole getting that close to the earth and no one noticing was a bit off, the writer could have just come up with some techno babble for a destructive force and that would have worked just as well.

Best bit in the whole issue for me was those three panels when cliff is looking at Imra’s bum, and without moving she reminds him she can read minds.

Faithfull
#619486 06/03/10 09:55 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
click to enlarge

Page 19 of 64 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 63 64

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,020
Posts1,044,975
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
superboymddjr
superboymddjr
Hayward, CA