Roll Call
0 members (), 115 Murran Spies, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by Ann Hebistand - 04/28/24 11:11 AM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Ann Hebistand - 04/28/24 07:19 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/28/24 02:51 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/28/24 02:50 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/28/24 02:49 AM
Legion of Super-Heroes #7 (2020) - Preview and Spoilers
by Ann Hebistand - 04/27/24 10:06 AM
The 2nd All Avengers Thread
by Ann Hebistand - 04/27/24 10:04 AM
So, what are you listening to?
by Ann Hebistand - 04/27/24 06:34 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 23 of 64 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 63 64
Re: Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
#619562 01/20/11 11:48 AM
Active
Active
Originally posted by Iam Legion:
I have to say that I was seriously dissapointed when I finnally read the issue last night. There was

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">only the one pannel. Kent Looked nothing like he did in previous continuity. Laurel is Superwoman now? </span></span>

and if there are

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">a Batman, a Superman and a Superwoman</span></span>

in the 31st Century, then where the bloody nass were they and what were they doing durring the events of Lo3W ?!?
ditto the Khund Invasion, the Dark Circle invasion, Earthwar, Darkseid's attack, the Sun Eater crisis etc etc

"Our devotion to each other was unexplainable"
"You were kids"
"No Batman, we were Legion"
#619563 01/20/11 03:27 PM
G
Active
Active
G
I suppose that for <span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">Batman, Superman and Robin</span></span>

it could be argued that they haven't assumed those identities yet. It could even be argued that

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">Kent Shakespeare hadn't gained his powers yet.</span></span>

However,

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">Laurel Kent did have her power (invulnerability) then and even if she hadn't become Superwoman yet,</span></span>

She should have been present for the fairly recent Lo3W.

#619564 01/20/11 03:36 PM
G
Active
Active
G
P.S.
If
<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">Laurel (Elna) Kent has more powers than invulnerability (which it seems likely since she is called Superwoman and appeared to be flying/hovering in the pannel), then there needs to be an explaination for how she gained them.</span></span>

Also I will be terribly amused since I suggested a similar idea

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">Laurel gaining full Krytonian powers</span></span>

in my fanfic.

#619565 01/22/11 06:28 PM
L
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
L
Perhaps it's a possible future & not the set future??
Anyhoo, Kent looked hot!!

#619566 01/22/11 06:49 PM
space mutineer & purveyor of quality sammitches
space mutineer & purveyor of quality sammitches
There's a 31st Century Batman now?

Oh, joy. Just we needed: another century in which Batmania can show up to suck all the air out of the room.

:rolleyes:

Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on DeviantArt! Drop by and tell me that I sent you. *updated often!*
#619567 01/23/11 05:19 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Since it's just one page, is there any hope that someone who bought the issue and has the tech and know-how could scan it in?

Pretty please?

#619568 01/24/11 12:41 PM
G
Active
Active
G
If a mod thinks it is inappropriate they can delete this and I appologize, but here: <span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text"> <a href="http://www.imag...uot;Click for fullsize image" /> </a></span></span>

#619569 01/24/11 01:30 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
^^Edited to thumbnail.

#619570 01/24/11 03:09 PM
K
Active
Active
K
Originally posted by cleome:

Oh, joy. Just we needed: another century in which Batmania can show up to suck all the air out of the room.

The 31st century Batman is a preexisting character, from comics from 1951, and is from 1100 years in the future, or the year 3051. This predates Batmania and even the Legion.

Because comic books work on a sliding timescale, the Legion has now moved into the same century as this guy. If he's from the exact year 3051 he couldn't show up in a Legion story, but because of sliding timescales nobody ever uses exact years, so it's possible.

#619571 01/24/11 04:15 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
If a mod thinks it is inappropriate they can delete this and I appologize, but here: <span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text"> <a href="http://www.imag...uot;Click for fullsize image" /> </a></span></span>
Thanks! I scanned it in and meant to post it myself. No need to apologize.

#619572 01/30/11 11:26 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Ms. Kent has clothes on!
One giant leap for womankind!
y-e-a-h

A singin' and a dancin'
along the way.

JosephPrince.org
#619573 01/31/11 04:40 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by cleome:

lol
I couldn't agree with you more!!!

#619574 02/09/11 10:37 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
The Infinite Man makes a single panel appearance in Superman #708.

Beauty's where you find it. Not just where you bump and grind it.
#619575 02/10/11 09:39 AM
Active
Active
Fans of the reboot Legion may want to check out DC Universe Legacies #9 which recounts the events of Final Night

Originally posted by Jerry:
The Infinite Man makes a single panel appearance in Superman #708.
battling what appears to be a Validus superman?

"You were kids"
#619576 02/10/11 10:27 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Hmm. Hard to tell from the angle but I think you're right. That's an interesting concept.

Beauty's where you find it. Not just where you bump and grind it.
#619577 02/24/11 04:53 PM
G
Active
Active
G
Originally posted by Silver Age Lad:
Fans of the reboot Legion may want to check out DC Universe Legacies #9 which recounts the events of Final Night
Was it any good? The local shop didn't get it in because I was the onloy one buying it and I was so ticked about the LSH backup that I didn't buy the next couple of issues. I won't see it anytime soon sooo.... Spoil away: how was it?

#619578 02/25/11 09:13 AM
Active
Active
Originally posted by Silver Age Lad:
[b] Fans of the reboot Legion may want to check out DC Universe Legacies #9 which recounts the events of Final Night
Was it any good? The local shop didn't get it in because I was the onloy one buying it and I was so ticked about the LSH backup that I didn't buy the next couple of issues. I won't see it anytime soon sooo.... Spoil away: how was it?[/b]
The main feature was the history of Final Night so the reboots were shown quite a lot. Ferro's attempt to sacrifice himself and then being saved by Hal Jordan was feasured prominantly. Ferro's origin was not covered.

If you've read Final Night, then there is nothing new in this story.

The second feature highlighted Black Adam.

"You were kids"
#619579 02/25/11 10:14 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
^ I enjoyed this latest issue of Legacies. It wasn't as good as the earliest issues but still better than the last couple.

One thing it did remind me of though is how great Ferro started off in the Reboot. His introduction in Superman and then his starring role in Final Night really set him up as an exciting character to watch.

Shame it all went downhill so fast when he went to the 31st century and immediately got wussified.

#619580 03/02/11 01:04 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
say does anyone know that the Legion Heroclix appeared in Dexter the cartoon show? someone mentioned that it appeared in season 2....so anyone have seen that before?

#619581 03/02/11 10:58 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Originally posted by superboymddjr:
say does anyone know that the Legion Heroclix appeared in Dexter the cartoon show? someone mentioned that it appeared in season 2....so anyone have seen that before?
Not the Cartoon show ("Dexter's Lab"), but the Showtime series "Dexter" about the serial killer. It was in Season 2. There was a murder in a comic shop and quite a few different Clix were shown including the Legion Starter.

http://www.hcrealms.com/forum/showthread.php?t=212821

#619582 03/02/11 01:59 PM
G
Active
Active
G
Ok, so is Legacies supposed to be what happened in the current version of the DCU or not? It is awful weird that 'Final Night' happened, the Legion from Earth 247 participated and Superman didn't even blink at the much different version of the Legin from the one he knew. Not to mention that it does not seem to bother him (or any of the writers for that matter) that there is a Douglas Nolan calling himself Fero with a twin brother and the power to turn himself into organic iron that plans to sacrifice himself to destroy the Sun Eater.... all about a thousand years before Fero Lad (aka Douglas Nolan) sacrifices himself to defeat the Sun Eater? And, the art for the Black Adam back-up story made it completely unreadable. Sorry, but this issue pretty much stank... what a waste of my time and money!!

#619583 03/03/11 03:25 AM
Active
Active
Ok, so is Legacies supposed to be what happened in the current version of the DCU or not? It is awful weird that 'Final Night' happened, the Legion from Earth 247 participated and Superman didn't even blink at the much different version of the Legin from the one he knew. Not to mention that it does not seem to bother him (or any of the writers for that matter) that there is a Douglas Nolan calling himself Fero with a twin brother and the power to turn himself into organic iron that plans to sacrifice himself to destroy the Sun Eater.... all about a thousand years before Fero Lad (aka Douglas Nolan) sacrifices himself to defeat the Sun Eater? And, the art for the Black Adam back-up story made it completely unreadable. Sorry, but this issue pretty much stank... what a waste of my time and money!!
Legacies is supposed to be the history of the current DCU ie thhe post Infinite Crisis Earth 0. The appearance of the 247 Legion confirms what was stated in Lo3W - that they travelled between universes when time travelling - and what Bruce Wayne said in Action 864 - that this alternate Legion had been on their Earth.

So this Legacies boook shows the 247 team on Earth 0 back during Final Night. True the "whoa you're not the Legion I know" conversation wasn't shown (and back in Final Night wouldn't have occured because that was pre Infinite Crisis). But the Legacies issue starts after Superman and the Legion meet and we have to take it that the conversation would have taken place in some form. Remember this is aimed at DCU fans not fans of Legion minutia.

With Ferro, only Superman would have known of the 30th century Andrew Nolan and any thoughts/comments were off-panel in Legacies.

I was never a fan of the reboots but I am pleased that their continuity is established as part of DC canon albeit on a defferent Earth to the main DCU.

"You were kids"
#619584 03/03/11 10:54 AM
G
Active
Active
G
I am well awre that the original 'Final Night' storyline didn't require any explainations as to Legion since they were THE version of the Legion then. Since Legacies is supposeed to be the 're-arranged' history to fit 'current', 'Earth 0' history I expect a few attempts at the writer trying to make it fit with a few simple explainations as to those changes. What ticks me off is that THIS is their chance to make some of those explainations like if/how Supergirl took part in CoIE, Superman being surprised about the 'different' version of the Legion, or Superman being startled by the weird similarity of Fero's plan to Fero Lad's future fate. Instead we get total cr@p like the Legion back-up story or whatever the Black Adam story was supposed to be. It leaves me very angry and dissapointed in DC and questioning if it is worth my time, effort and money to try to persue this new version of the Legion's story.

#619585 03/24/11 05:00 AM
Active
Active
Check out Superman #709 for a one panel cameo by XS in Barry Allen's thoughts

"You were kids"
#619586 03/24/11 08:40 AM
Substitute
Substitute
I am well awre that the original 'Final Night' storyline didn't require any explainations as to Legion since they were THE version of the Legion then. Since Legacies is supposeed to be the 're-arranged' history to fit 'current', 'Earth 0' history I expect a few attempts at the writer trying to make it fit with a few simple explainations as to those changes. What ticks me off is that THIS is their chance to make some of those explainations like if/how Supergirl took part in CoIE, Superman being surprised about the 'different' version of the Legion, or Superman being startled by the weird similarity of Fero's plan to Fero Lad's future fate. Instead we get total cr@p like the Legion back-up story or whatever the Black Adam story was supposed to be. It leaves me very angry and dissapointed in DC and questioning if it is worth my time, effort and money to try to persue this new version of the Legion's story.
I think it was during the Showcase appearances of the Legion or their 20th Century stories that had Superman mention how he had met different versions of the Legion at different points in their time. It was reference to "Time and Time Again" and Superman seemed to have to just assumed they were the same people he had met. It was inferred but not belabored that Superman's memory of being a member of the "real" Legion was blocked after the Crisis during the JLA/Legion/JSA story and more so during the Action Comics story.

Page 23 of 64 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 63 64

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,020
Posts1,044,974
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
KOKO
KOKO
Interplanetary Zoo