Roll Call
0 members (), 116 Murran Spies, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 04/28/24 03:23 PM
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by Ann Hebistand - 04/28/24 11:11 AM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Ann Hebistand - 04/28/24 07:19 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/28/24 02:50 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/28/24 02:49 AM
Legion of Super-Heroes #7 (2020) - Preview and Spoilers
by Ann Hebistand - 04/27/24 10:06 AM
The 2nd All Avengers Thread
by Ann Hebistand - 04/27/24 10:04 AM
So, what are you listening to?
by Ann Hebistand - 04/27/24 06:34 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 25 of 64 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 63 64
Re: Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
#619612 08/19/11 10:24 AM
The Present is Past
The Present is Past
Don't know if this has been mentioned elsewhere or not, but I was catching up on Booster Gold issues and was pleasantly surprised to see the Giffen-era Legion (looks to be during a rollover from 70s outfits to 80s outfits) make a sizable guest appearance in Booster Gold #43.

It includes Proty slapping people Cosmic Boy-style. Always a treat.

click to enlarge

#619613 08/23/11 07:38 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Wow, how the heck did I ever miss this! shocked

I'm going back and picking this up pronto!!!

#619614 08/24/11 04:04 AM
in hiding
in hiding
Originally posted by future king:
Wow, how the heck did I ever miss this! shocked

I'm going back and picking this up pronto!!!
It got me reading Booster Gold.

First comic books ever bought: A DC four-for-47-cents grab bag that included Adventure #331. The rest is history.
#619615 08/28/11 09:39 PM
L
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
L
Insignificant Legion app. in Kid Flash Lost #3.
Strictly for AR Legion collectors!(like myself)

#619616 10/09/11 01:00 PM
Active
Active
Anyone not following the new Demon Knights is missing out on Mordru in the Middle Ages

"Our devotion to each other was unexplainable"
"You were kids"
"No Batman, we were Legion"
#619617 10/09/11 04:11 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
According to the DC Comics site, the Legion will appear in ACTION COMICS #5 and #6:

"Fresh off of his bestselling FLASHPOINT miniseries, industry legend Andy Kubert will be joining critically acclaimed writer Grant Morrison for a special, two-issue arc of ACTION COMICS in DC COMICS-THE NEW 52. Issues #5 and #6 will guest star the Legion of Super-Heroes, while also laying groundwork for things to come much, much later in Superman’s story. And keep an eye out for Krypto!"

"Everything about this is going to feel different." (Saturn Girl, Legion of Super-Heroes #1)
#619618 10/09/11 07:37 PM
The Present is Past
The Present is Past
Thumbs up to this news, as well as the Krypto tidbit - mostly for the fact I'm enjoying Morrison's revision of Superman's early days and don't mind continuing to read about it.

#619619 10/19/11 05:52 PM
Active
Active
This is in no way recent. It's just something I recently heard about, and I couldn't think of anywhere else to share it.

Tim Hunter and Mister E. tour the 31st century. The Books of Magic #4 1990

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

#619620 11/16/11 06:03 AM
Substitute
Substitute
Supergirl and Brainy are on ice again:

Mike Johnson : She & Brainy can have a million superbabies later! In the meantime...

So he won't be a part of the new Supergirl series in any way for a while

'You don't need a victory to prove to me you're tops' - Supergirl to Brainiac 5 (Adventure Comics 375)

benevolentbrainiac.webs.com
#619621 11/17/11 03:13 AM
L
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
L
Originally posted by kenaustin:
This is in no way recent. It's just something I recently heard about, and I couldn't think of anywhere else to share it.

[b]Tim Hunter and Mister E. tour the 31st century. The Books of Magic #4 1990

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image] [/b]
FABOO!!
Thanks for sharing, Ken. This is going on LWs facebook page, posthaste!

#619622 11/17/11 10:08 AM
The Infinite Man--of Gripes! (and--of Space!)
The Infinite Man--of Gripes! (and--of Space!)
Originally posted by lil'rhino:
[b]This is in no way recent. It's just something I recently heard about, and I couldn't think of anywhere else to share it.

[b]Tim Hunter and Mister E. tour the 31st century. The Books of Magic #4 1990

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image] [/b]
FABOO!!
Thanks for sharing, Ken. This is going on LWs facebook page, posthaste! [/b]
Yeah, I agree that this was a good catch. It really explains the larger context and ramifications of the Magic Wars, and also why magic continually seems to crop up in a big way in the 30th/31st centuries/

If the meek shall inherit inherit the Earth, then I at least want Baffin Island - and a property manager to work for me who is made of sterner stuff than I.
#619623 12/19/11 07:54 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Looks like Hunter is being re-imagined in the 21st Century as a hawk & Dove villain.

click to enlarge

#619624 01/04/12 06:54 PM
Active
Active
Legion appearance from today's Action Comics...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

#619625 01/04/12 08:04 PM
in hiding
in hiding
The best the founders have looked in a long time.

First comic books ever bought: A DC four-for-47-cents grab bag that included Adventure #331. The rest is history.
#619626 01/04/12 08:20 PM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
Oh wow, haven't seen Saturn Girl in a cloak for ages, or Lightning Lad, for that matter.

And has Cosmic Boy *ever* worn a cloak? Cool. He looks a little blocky, but I'm used to the Legionnaires having completely different faces and / or body types with every artist...

Wrapped Around Your Finger now complete in BITS!
#619627 01/04/12 08:24 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Mm. Sorry. They look too much like the LSV from Superman/Batman.

And I've invested too much in the Gary Frank redesign of LL. This just complicates things further.

#619628 01/04/12 09:25 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
I'm guessing that these are the founders well into adulthood, quite a bit later than the current LSH stories. The guys look more maturely sturdy and have receding hairlines.

"Everything about this is going to feel different." (Saturn Girl, Legion of Super-Heroes #1)
#619629 01/05/12 03:25 AM
Active
Active
Imra and Garth have pretty much swapped hair styles.

I wonder if these are still Lightning LAD, Saturn GIRL and Cosmic BOY?

Having thought about this issue, I am a bit concerned. When I first heard that there were two versions of the Legion in Action Comics, I assumed that the Secret Origin version would match the young jeans/boots Superman while volume 7 would be the 'current' Superman's team-mates. But it seems like the current Superman is teamed up with an older (presumably 5 years older) Legion which means the volume 7 Legion are the peers of the jeans/boots era Superman. what does that mean for the Superboy history with the Legion? Gone, presumably.

"Our devotion to each other was unexplainable"
"You were kids"
"No Batman, we were Legion"
#619630 01/05/12 11:23 PM
K
Active
Active
K
SAL: I think that's a big problem. Showing that a future version of the Legion is contemporary with the current Superman makes no sense.

Grant Morrison may have been thinking of the Adventure era, when the future version of the Legion *was* contemporary with the current Superman. But that worked because Superboy was being published and the Legion was contemporary with Superboy. Nowadays, Superboy isn't being published, the Legion has aged considerably, and future Legion/current Superman makes little sense.

So this one comic may have already screwed up the Legion, five issues into the reboot, unless the Legionnaires were just drawn poorly and not any older, or unless some future writer decides to explain this away by saying that the Legion is visiting Superman out of sequence.

Also, the story is annoying because when the Legion appears in a Superman origin, you typically want to see them involved in some way with Superman's past. Having a Superman origin story and then having the Legion show up by time travel instead of being there as part of the past is a cheat.

#619631 01/06/12 01:26 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
None of them are wearing flight rings.

I don't like the capes. Though if Imra kept the neck and shoulder wrap, but dropped the cape...

Another Legion? The one starring in current LSH stories, but from further in the future? Perhaps this Clark has been visited by so many multiple versions that he's used to different looks, ages, races, species and members every time they pop up.

Not a new thing- it's been happening since the Legion's second appearance. Continuity screwing's practically their m.o.

As i read that last half of the first story, I was a tad worried that the Anti-Superman Army *was* going to be Morrison's take on the team.

#619632 01/06/12 01:33 AM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
Originally posted by Ken Arromdee:
some future writer decides to explain this away by saying that the Legion is visiting Superman out of sequence.
That's my assumption.

The 'current' Legion can't visit the 'current' Superman because of the Flashpoint firewall / Legion Lost business.

But a Legion from a few years down the road (presumably with access to even better time travel tech), after the Legion Lost crew have either made it back or permanantly set up shop in the 21st century (and are no longer 'presumed dead' or unable to return due to temporal shenanigans), could visit the 21st century Superman without messing with the 'current' Legions currently canonical inability to safely visit this particular moment in time.

'Contemporary' really does mean less than nothing, in a book about time travellers from the future. There's nothing to prevent forty year old Legionnaires (or their children!) from time travelling to save the baby Kal-El's rocket from a disaster that would have thrown it off course and made it never reach Earth. There's nothing to prevent the teenaged founders from teaming up with a long-haired hippie spaceman Superman of 2235.

It only will get totally out of control if the Brainiac 5 of 2010 and the Brainiac 5 of 2037 show up on Kara Zor-El's doorstep at the same time, having accidentally double-booked 'date night.' smile

Wrapped Around Your Finger now complete in BITS!
#619633 01/06/12 07:58 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Morrison loves time travel and he loves doing different things with the concept, so I imagine we'll get a lot more detail next issue. According to solicits, we may even get Legionnaires from various time periods. If anyone excels at non-linear storytelling it's Grant. Excited for the next issue.

#619634 01/07/12 04:31 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
They certainly look older, no longer 'boys' and 'girls' and more like SuperMAN aged.

Saturn Woman doesn't look like herself without her ever present Saturn symbol/eartings, although with Titan now gone in the retro/Nuboots, maybe the laws for Titan telepaths and self identification has been discontinued!

From this page of comments - I agree with Set on the Legionnaire timeline/ages.
I have absolutely no problem with an adult Legion visiting with an adult Superguy.

I seriously dislike the Frank costumes, so the Action version is fine with me, even though I DO like Imra's hair short.

A singin' and a dancin'
along the way.

JosephPrince.org
#619635 01/07/12 02:12 PM
K
Active
Active
K
Originally posted by Candlelight:

I have absolutely no problem with an adult Legion visiting with an adult Superguy.
I do. First of all, the Legion is already adult and has been since at least the 1980's. They're just not using the adult names. Moreover, the new DCU drastically reduced the size of most characters' history. This is already a problem for the Legion, but if the future Legion is the same age as the current Superman, then the current Legion's history is *shorter* than Superman's, which makes the problem even worse.

Second, if the future Legion is contemporary with the current Superman, that means that every appearance of the current Legion in the current DC present-day is out of sequence.

Also, to explain this appearance away by saying "they're from the future after the Flashpoint barrier is gone" doesn't make any sense. If you could ignore the Flashpoint barrier by being from further in the future, the Legion could break the barrier right now by travelling to the future Legion's era and then travelling to the 21st century just like a person from that future would.

#619636 01/07/12 05:35 PM
R
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
R
Can the Legion travel to their own future? The only time I can remember having seen them time-travel to anything other than the past was when Brainy and his conspirators confronted the Time Trapper at the end of time, and I got the impression that was a big deal which couldn't easily be replicated? (though I may just be mis-remembering)

At any rate, the actual reason they don't just travel to the future to resolve any issues is the same reason Mon-El and Ultra Boy don't take down 99% of the LSV in two panels every time they fight - it removes the need for a story. But if you want an in-universe reason, they don't know when in the future the Flashpoint issue is going to be resolved, so when do they travel to? What happens if they make a blind jump into their 78th battle with Darkseid and half of the past members get accidentally slaughtered? It's too risky.

I am with Set and Candle on the time travel issue....they're already travelling 1000 years, what difference does it make if they're travelling 1005 years? If the current Legion we're reading about in their own title now went back and had an adventure with Clark when he was 16, I wouldn't have an issue with that either. I don't think the Legion's published history needs to be able to synch up perfectly with Superman's published history. The advantage of doing a comic set 1000 years outside of established continuity is that you don't have to operate within the confines of that continuity as much as the rest of the DCU does....it enables you to do things like this really easily.

(having said all of the above, I really dislike their costumes here and agree that they look too much like the LSV...also I question how wise it is to throw in yet another alternate vision of the Legion so soon in the relaunch when we already have the current title, Legion Lost, Secret Origins and to a lesser extent the Star Trek crossover giving four very different ideas of what the Legion look like and who they are....I think I would have chosen to wait a while before introducing yet another take on the team, this kind of stuff must be what casual readers are talking about when they say the Legion is too confusing, lol)

Page 25 of 64 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 63 64

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,020
Posts1,044,974
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
KOKO
KOKO
Interplanetary Zoo