Roll Call
1 members (Rob-Em, Rob-Em, Rob-Em, Rob-Em, Rob-Em, Rob-Em), 34 Murran Spies, and 8 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Kill This Thread LII - The End of the Deck of Cards
by thoth lad - 05/08/24 12:14 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/08/24 10:58 AM
Legion Trivia 6
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/08/24 10:58 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/08/24 05:47 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/07/24 04:15 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/07/24 12:40 AM
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/07/24 12:40 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 14 of 16 1 2 12 13 14 15 16
Re: Mattel: LSH action figures!
#620986 10/31/11 02:57 PM
Active
Active
Originally posted by Glen Cadigan:

On a side note, I now regret not getting all of the DC Direct Legionnaires when they came out.
On the other hand, I do not regret not buying Colossal Boy, Timber Wolf or Star Boy cause the new versions look way better (though the JSA Starman is much larger and does not really fit in so well...)

#620987 11/03/11 11:55 AM
Active
Active
Originally posted by future king:
I cannot believe I missed this sale!!!!!!!!!!!!! And now they are sold out.
That f_ _ _ing sucks.
frown
Seconded! (no wait, given how many others have said about the same thing, more like 3 hundredth-ed!).

I was in Montreal at a conference, and even if I had remembered that morning (didn't until the next day), I'm not sure I could have justified being at my terminal during the 90 minute window before it sold out.

I just do NOT understand a business model that would stop production on a product that sold out in under two hours. Do they not want to make profit? Or are the employees there now the same people selling these hand-over-fist on eBay?!? I guess that's perfectly legal (never heard of price fixing laws for toys), but it does suck and certainly does not engender loyalty.

Oh well, hopefully the rumors so far of a 2nd production run will come true. I CAN imagine that they might just seriously not want to over-produce, so perhaps they can well gauge the size of the next run based on the comments and how quickly the first one sold.

You'd think if they were going to do so, they'd do so soon, though, while people are still chomping at the bit for it...

...unless of course they are still hoping to clean out some more wallets via eBay...

(Personally, I have collected every Legion appearance and item since and including adventure #247, but I will not on principal allow myself to be ripped off by paying a premium for a product that only recently was available for nearly half the current asking price. So there are stil a lot of us that won't overpay on eBay but will be glad to pay the proper market price.)

---craig---

"I like stuff that doesn't exist."
#620988 11/03/11 04:14 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Well said EHF.
Hopefully someone out there is listening.

#620989 11/05/11 11:48 AM
Active
Active
So, clenched teeth aside...

for those of you fortunate enough to get the set, may I ask:

How does their posability compare with what the DC direct figures had been (not including the "original 3" which were far less posable than those which came after)?

thanks!

---craig---

#620990 11/05/11 06:04 PM
Active
Active
The Legion has finally arrived! It was about two weeks that it took them to reach Germany. Funnily enough, I had to pick them up at the local customs office cause Mattel did not put the actual bill on the outside - though there was a description there actually stating the price for the box and shipping... don't ask me, this was a typical act of German bureaucracy.

But thus, I had a funny meeting with a nice customs officer who very painstakingly noted every detail... "This is a twelve pack, but the officer in Frankfurt stated there are 14 figurines... now how many are there?" "Well actually, there are 13, if you don't count the invisible one..."

Finally, after paying 30 € for taxes (but no customs) I took the box home where my daughter greedily wanted to open it...

My favorite figurines are Colossal Boy (impressive!) and Wildfire, I very much like Chameleon Boy who looks way better than the old DC Direct version, Brainiac 5, Lightning Lad and ME Lad. I'm not so sure about the faces of Cosmic Boy, Karate Kid and Ultra Boy, though, who are looking very much alike. Saturn Girl is very skinny...

Anyway a great package! One minor quibble: Does anybody else feel that the white in the costumes of Saturn Girl, Karate Kid and Lightning Lad is rather grey? The costumes are looking as if they have been washed way too often :-) A side effect of the long journey or does Mattel have problems with real "white"?

And this is how my Legion scenario looks right now... guess I really have to look for a new background, though... [Linked Image]

#620991 11/05/11 06:23 PM
Active
Active
Originally posted by Evolution Has Failed:
So, clenched teeth aside...

for those of you fortunate enough to get the set, may I ask:

How does their posability compare with what the DC direct figures had been (not including the "original 3" which were far less posable than those which came after)?

thanks!

---craig---
Their posability is excellent. They have so many articulation points, more than I've ever seen on any other action figure. Four on every arm and leg! Their durability though is seemingly not that good. When I tried to pose Brainiac 5, he immediately lost an arm - I was a little frustrated about that cause that is not supposed to happen when you carefully handle your new purchase. Have to find some glue now to reattach the arm in some way that does not show too much frown

Did anybody else have such a little accident with their new Legion toys?

#620992 11/05/11 08:36 PM
Reservist
Reservist
Originally posted by Chemical King:

One minor quibble: Does anybody else feel that the white in the costumes of Saturn Girl, Karate Kid and Lightning Lad is rather grey? The costumes are looking as if they have been washed way too often :-) A side effect of the long journey or does Mattel have problems with real "white"?

I just took another look at my Legion set, and yes all of the whites on the figures are actually grey. Then I compared them against a Batman Legacy Mr Freeze I just got last week, and the Freeze figure has bright whites in it. So whatever plant was in charge of the Legion set production run botched up the whites.

#620993 11/06/11 11:11 AM
Active
Active
Their posability is excellent. They have so many articulation points, more than I've ever seen on any other action figure.
CK:

Thanks for the info, though this just makes me want the set even more . frown

Sorry to hear about your B5, I'd be pretty bummed ... important safety tip for the rest of us (once we get them, that is).

BTW, I think your Devil's Tower background looks surreal, which is exactly the look I'd expect for heroes from the future battling it out...

Also, thanks for your story about the customs officer ... "13 if you don't count the invisible one"... hilarious! (even more so for anyone who has ever dealt with a German customs officer!) Made my day.

#620994 11/06/11 04:20 PM
Active
Active
Originally posted by Colossal Boy:
[b]
One minor quibble: Does anybody else feel that the white in the costumes of Saturn Girl, Karate Kid and Lightning Lad is rather grey? The costumes are looking as if they have been washed way too often :-) A side effect of the long journey or does Mattel have problems with real "white"?

I just took another look at my Legion set, and yes all of the whites on the figures are actually grey. Then I compared them against a Batman Legacy Mr Freeze I just got last week, and the Freeze figure has bright whites in it. So whatever plant was in charge of the Legion set production run botched up the whites.[/b]
So this should be something which we should be giving feedback to Mattel, shouldn't we? I can live with the greyish Karate Kid (hey, that's what comes with constant fighting!) but should they some day produce a grey Phantom Girl I would be very frustrated...

...the grey Saturn Girl is bad enough, but at least this version of her does not constantly fall down like the previous one...

Hey, now that there is a new Cosmic Boy I finally let my daughter play with the old one and she was quite enthusiastic about the magnetic hands. I really have to say that I also liked this feature a lot. The very first Legion DC Direct set was somewhat special - LL with the exchangeable arm, Cosmic Boy with the magnetic hands and Saturn Girl who had nearly no articulation points and constantly fell down.

#620995 11/06/11 05:07 PM
Pov Offline
Don't Stop Peelieving
Don't Stop Peelieving
Being an action figure is too dangerous for a Silver Age girl, I guess... angel lol

"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me
#620996 11/06/11 06:35 PM
Deputy
Deputy
I was just going pretend my old Cosmic Boy figure was Magnetic Kid / Pol!

I tried to rip their soul out.I tried to make them forget Superman.
But they won't.
#620997 11/07/11 01:58 AM
G
Substitute
Substitute
G
Originally posted by Lone Wolf Legionnaire:
I was just going pretend my old Cosmic Boy figure was Magnetic Kid / Pol!
GENIUS!

Follow me on twitter at https://twitter.com/#!/GlenCadigan

or check out my website at http://www.glencadigan.com
#620998 11/08/11 05:20 PM
Active
Active
Pure genius!

Now if we only could pretend that Lightning Lad is actually Ayla... (hey, we can, see Adventure #308) and the old Chameleon Boy is R.J. Brande...

Possibilities are endless, but... who is the second Ultra Boy?

#620999 11/08/11 06:19 PM
space mutineer & purveyor of quality sammitches
space mutineer & purveyor of quality sammitches
Sort of on-topic. The blog Boing Boing links to an article about Wired and Creative Commons. Some older Legion figures appear in the second row of the accompanying photo .

Thought some other fans might enjoy seeing it.

Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on DeviantArt! Drop by and tell me that I sent you. *updated often!*
#621000 11/18/11 05:47 PM
K
Active
Active
K
Originally posted by Glen Cadigan:
[b]
On a side note, I now regret not getting all of the DC Direct Legionnaires when they came out.
On the other hand, I do not regret not buying Colossal Boy, Timber Wolf or Star Boy cause the new versions look way better (though the JSA Starman is much larger and does not really fit in so well...) [/b]
I wish I had gotten Invisible Kid though. Actually, my DCD Legion is in storage, it's possible I did, but can't recall for sure.

I agree that the new figures beat the old -- hands down, but I thought DCD did an okay job with SA Colossal Boy and Timber Wolf. Those versions of the characters, though, just don't compare with their dynamic 70s looks.

#621001 11/19/11 08:09 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Ok, quit taking about them and posting pictures already!!! Enjoy them on your own.
Some of us missed our once-in-a-lifetime chance to own these.
Now you're just being cruel guys, c'mon!!!! mad

Who me, bitter? Nah!!! lol

#621002 11/19/11 07:02 PM
Active
Active
I still hope they'll put them on sale again...

...getting impatient, though!

#621003 11/21/11 02:33 PM
Active
Active
Originally posted by future king:
Ok, quit taking about them and posting pictures already!!! Enjoy them on your own.
Some of us missed our once-in-a-lifetime chance to own these.
Now you're just being cruel guys, c'mon!!!! mad

Who me, bitter? Nah!!! lol
Would it help if I posted a picture of my Arms-Fall-Off-Boy Brainiac 5?
frown Still didn't get to repair it... shake

#621004 11/22/11 09:48 AM
Space Fatigue Survivor
Space Fatigue Survivor
Pure genius!

Now if we only could pretend that Lightning Lad is actually Ayla... (hey, we can, see Adventure #308) and the old Chameleon Boy is R.J. Brande...

Possibilities are endless, but... who is the second Ultra Boy?
Reflecto!

Celebrating 10+ years of Legion Worldness
#621005 12/05/11 05:27 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
The 12 piece set will be available again! Go to

mattycollector.com

for details!

The gist of it is that on Dec. 15th (a Thursday), the set goes on sale again!

#621006 12/05/11 06:06 PM
Leader
Leader
But just what is the "burst" that you may or may not get because they don't have a shipping system from the 21st century?

#621007 12/05/11 08:51 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
I think it's either a sticker on the box or new art added to the second production run.

#621008 12/05/11 09:33 PM
Reservist
Reservist
Yea it's just a sticker on the box to indicate that it's not from the original run.

Also a reminder that this set re-issue is not the end of Legion for Mattel. next year Mattel will bring us a Starman/Star Boy figure as a monthly release in the DC subscription plan. If you didn't buy the subscription, supposedly Mattel will be selling a limited quantity of the subscription figures but at a higher price. No word yet on what month this figure will be released.

#621009 12/05/11 10:03 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Wait, where did you read that about the subscription. Have they announced any other figures?I haven't seen any news about that since that went on sale? Is there a link someone where?

#621010 12/06/11 11:02 AM
Active
Active
Originally posted by Mystery Lad:
The 12 piece set will be available again! Go to

mattycollector.com

for details!

The gist of it is that on Dec. 15th (a Thursday), the set goes on sale again!
Hallelujah! the universe hath granted me a Christmas present!

Thank you so much for the heads up!

Page 14 of 16 1 2 12 13 14 15 16

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,021
Posts1,045,206
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP