Roll Call
1 members (Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac), 42 Murran Spies, and 8 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Kill This Thread LII - The End of the Deck of Cards
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/08/24 10:57 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/08/24 07:13 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/08/24 05:47 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/07/24 04:15 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/07/24 12:40 AM
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/07/24 12:40 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/07/24 12:37 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 15 of 16 1 2 13 14 15 16
Re: Mattel: LSH action figures!
#621011 12/06/11 09:26 PM
Reservist
Reservist
Originally posted by rtvu2:
Wait, where did you read that about the subscription. Have they announced any other figures?I haven't seen any news about that since that went on sale? Is there a link someone where?
On the MattyCollector DC forum :
http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve/forums/a/frm/f/4051064575

I'm going from memory here, but I believe the announced figures for the 2012 subscription are Flash Jay Garick, Atrocius, Poison Ivy, Starman/Star Boy and Metron with chair (Metron will only be available to subscribers). There's supposed to be a figure released each month starting in the spring, but the release order has not been revealed yet.

The deal with Thom is that he's supposed to come with two interchangeable heads so you can have his JSA look and his legion look.

#621012 12/06/11 10:29 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I am gonna take a day off on the 15th!!!! i will be extremely vigilant!!

#621013 12/06/11 10:48 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Out of work now...oh well.

Active LMB character is still Beast Boy.

#621014 12/07/11 04:07 PM
Active
Active
Originally posted by Colossal Boy:
Originally posted by rtvu2:
[b]Wait, where did you read that about the subscription. Have they announced any other figures?I haven't seen any news about that since that went on sale? Is there a link someone where?
On the MattyCollector DC forum :
http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve/forums/a/frm/f/4051064575

I'm going from memory here, but I believe the announced figures for the 2012 subscription are Flash Jay Garick, Atrocius, Poison Ivy, Starman/Star Boy and Metron with chair (Metron will only be available to subscribers). There's supposed to be a figure released each month starting in the spring, but the release order has not been revealed yet.

The deal with Thom is that he's supposed to come with two interchangeable heads so you can have his JSA look and his legion look. [/b]
Ehm... doesn't such a figure already exist? If you take a closer look at my Legion scenario picture (page 22) then you will see Starman on the left side - and he did come with an interchangeable head as well. But that one I did get via my regular comic book store, not from Mattel. It is a bit larger than the other figures, though.

Anyway, I really do hope that all of you who missed out on the first attempt will be luckier the second time around! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you on December 15th! smile

#621015 12/07/11 09:06 PM
Reservist
Reservist
Ehm... doesn't such a figure already exist? If you take a closer look at my Legion scenario picture (page 22) then you will see Starman on the left side - and he did come with an interchangeable head as well. But that one I did get via my regular comic book store, not from Mattel. It is a bit larger than the other figures, though.

Anyway, I really do hope that all of you who missed out on the first attempt will be luckier the second time around! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you on December 15th! smile [/QB]
The Starman figure you reference was released by DC Direct as part of a JSA Alex Ross wave. I passed on that wave. Did it come with a masked head and an unmasked head? I think the scale for those JSA figures was 7" (to match up with the Justice line), so there may be scale issues between that figure and the Mattel Legion figures, which I think are 6" scale.

#621016 12/10/11 08:04 AM
Active
Active
Yes, one of the heads was "star" masked, the other head was with the bearded face we love smile

I don't know why DC is doing its figures in different sizes though. Starman is huge, though compared to the slightly larger Mattel figures he looks better than in interaction with the way smaller DC Direct classic Legionnaires... don't see the sense in it.

#621017 12/15/11 11:26 AM
Active
Active
<pant> *wheeeze* <pant> <pant> *wheeeeeze* (gasp)...

hwOAh mygosh...

Got one!(!!!!)

that was one of the most harrowing, helpless
feelings I've had in a LOOOONG time...waiting for it to refresh...would it? would it? Come ON...

Finally got to the sale screen, put LSH12 into cart, then mid-order, it went into refresh mode again... exCRUCiating wait...

Then, I make it to the last step, and there's that "type the 2 words you see all-blurry here" code... one of my words was "nisader"...is that a word? Aren't these supposed to usually be English words? Finally, in a panic, I just typed what I thoguth I saw (the 'ni' weren't at ALL clear), and it went through.

(Just checked Dictionary.com, no "nisader". When it's that distorted, how can you be sure you're typing the right thing if it isn't an actual word?)

FINally, thankfully, my order made it in at 12:09, and I had been on the site and logged in waiting since 11:00.

MAN, that was tough.(!)

I hope it sells out far less quickly this time, I hate to think of others being disappointed (hopefully, being marked as "2nd production run" will reduce its collector's value enough that those of us who just want to have it because we are LSH fans can get one, without all the for-profit speculators swiping them up.)

"I like stuff that doesn't exist."
#621018 12/15/11 01:22 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
I got one, too! About 6 minutes after you did. I just checked and the set's tagged with the 'almost gone' label.

So there's still time, if someone's been wafflin'...

#621019 12/15/11 02:18 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Thanks for the reminder...I forgot again.

But I was able to buy another set. Kabir had bought a set for $350 from eBay a month back to cheer me up. So now I have two - one to open and open to look at.

#621020 12/15/11 03:26 PM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
Originally posted by Evolution Has Failed:
Then, I make it to the last step, and there's that "type the 2 words you see all-blurry here" code... one of my words was "nisader"...is that a word? Aren't these supposed to usually be English words? Finally, in a panic, I just typed what I thoguth I saw (the 'ni' weren't at ALL clear), and it went through.

(Just checked Dictionary.com, no "nisader". When it's that distorted, how can you be sure you're typing the right thing if it isn't an actual word?)
These sorts of CAPTCHAs are words taken from book-scanning projects that the machines didn't recognise.

Moreover, only one of them is the actual test. The other is an unrecognised word for future tests...

My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War .
#621021 12/15/11 03:35 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
oh boy....this morning....i finished my shower and saw my clock telling me its "8:50 am" and then I was like oh my gosh...then I went to grab my lap top and put it on my high dresser so I can keep my eyes on it...then went to the website... at 9:00 am..sharp...due to extremely high traffic...I was like oh no!!! I was using Safari and had to open another window - Firefox- and oh no...traffic....groan so had to leave them both open...and they automatically refreshed the pages after each 5 seconds...I was waiting and waiting and its 9:06 am...groan...so I had to go back to bathroom to shave my beard...and kept going back to laptop ....its 9:15 am...still refreshed the pages. groan....

then when I finished shaving my neck and saw that the website came on...oh oh I am in!!

then I had to type it fast and furious..making sure that I get the clubhouse ready to be ordered and paid. I made it through! ah.....

then I got an email confirmation that its being processed and ordered. ah....all of them finished at 9:30 am and I was late to my work. (yeah its worth of it. smile )

now can't wait to get it - hopefully before Xmas or New Years .

ah...so I can relax! ahhh...

#621022 12/15/11 09:23 PM
The Present is Past
The Present is Past
Looks like it's sold out again, at least for the moment. The 'Add to Cart' feature doesn't actually add anything.

I actually missed out a second time, which is kind of hilarious. I always wake up in the morning knowing it's the first thing I'm going to do when I get home from work, but then I completely forget as the day goes on. Such is life!

#621023 12/15/11 11:06 PM
Active
Active
Originally posted by Reboot:
These sorts of CAPTCHAs are words taken from book-scanning projects that the machines didn't recognise.

Moreover, only one of them is the actual test. The other is an unrecognised word for future tests...
Ahh... so my other word was "except", and then I guess I only needed to get that one correct, and the other one at least close?

A bit disconcerting at the time not knowing that...thanks for informing me/us!

#621024 12/15/11 11:10 PM
Active
Active
Originally posted by Mystery Lad:
I got one, too! About 6 minutes after you did. I just checked and the set's tagged with the 'almost gone' label.

So there's still time, if someone's been wafflin'...
Glad you got one, ML! Especially as it was you who tipped us off to the new offering ... busy as I am, I really think I might have missed it otherwise, so thanks again!

Also glad, of course, to see that superboymddjr got one also! I do hope the inability to add it to cart now doesn't mean it's sold out...but you can add everything else, so doesn't look good..

#621025 12/16/11 02:47 AM
Active
Active
Yay! Happy so many of you got a set this time! And maybe with your set, the costumes will actually be white instead of gray? Hmmmmm...

Remember to be careful with those upper arm joints, though. A colleague of mine managed to glue my Arms Fall Off Brainiac in the meantime, but it's still a shame when they are damaged.

Now that this second set sold out this quickly again.... will someone finally realize that there is a Legion fandom out there willing to spend huge amounts of money on their hobby - and will they start to work on a second set? Maybe even featuring some female, non-anorectic Legionnaires? Still hoping there smile

#621026 12/16/11 10:54 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Chemical King - allright thanks for the tip. We will be careful when we get to play with those action figures. and geez...I really hope that Mattel will consider a 2nd wave but will they come in a clubhouse or a bigger Legion clubhouse (the 2nd one?) *gulp*

I STILL want those females Legionnaires...Poor Saturn Girl, all alone while those macho men go out in action! I will guarantee that once they get Dawnstar, Princess Projectra, Triplicate Girl (especially her!), Dream Girl....whoa!!!! *BOOM* sold out in 5 minutes.

say, anyone who already got the set, I am curious, once you ordered, how long does it take you to arrive home? one week or two weeks?

#621027 12/16/11 11:18 AM
Space Fatigue Survivor
Space Fatigue Survivor
Just checked the Matty Collector site and they are advertising the reissue sets are still for sale.

I have to wait a few more days after I pay my business taxes to see if I can participate...

Celebrating 10+ years of Legion Worldness
#621028 12/16/11 09:25 PM
Reservist
Reservist
Originally posted by Chemical King:

Now that this second set sold out this quickly again.... will someone finally realize that there is a Legion fandom out there willing to spend huge amounts of money on their hobby - and will they start to work on a second set? Maybe even featuring some female, non-anorectic Legionnaires? Still hoping there smile
With the second production run now officially sold out and with this set orignally planned to be 24 figures (and with 2 Duo Damsels), surely some pre-production work had already been done for the other 12 figures that ended up getting dropped. And hopefully with that having been done, it should allow Mattel to put another legion set on the fast track. Maybe we hear something on this possible second set during the
toy fair in February.

#621029 12/17/11 12:54 AM
Active
Active
[b]

Now that this second set sold out this quickly again....
With the second production run now officially sold out... [/b]
Even far MORE conspicuous: the LSH12 set currently stands (as of Friday night) as the ONLY item from the Dec 15 sale that is sold out, this despite it being By FAR the most expensive item.

If someone at Matty isn't licking their capitalist lips over the prospect of releasing more, they are truly bereft of all logic.

#621030 12/17/11 04:15 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
just got the email letting me know that they are shipping !!! whooo hoo!!! hope it arrives here before Xmas and that is alone my true Birthday and Xmas gift!! *squeeeee* biggrinbounce

#621031 12/17/11 11:42 AM
Space Fatigue Survivor
Space Fatigue Survivor
I can't believe this stuff is selling out within a day. This is a good thing for Legion fans, but as a collector it's ticking me off.

I would love to know exactly how many sets were sold in the two releases. Another set of Legion figures should be guaranteed by all this...

Celebrating 10+ years of Legion Worldness
#621032 12/17/11 01:50 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
Not that it really means anything concrete, but Mattel has said in one of their bimonthly answer-your-questions 'interviews' that they would not be producing more sets as large as the Legion one.

They didn't say anything about smaller sets, though. I suspect there'll be a character or two in the new subscription deal they've got going, maybe somebody like Mon-el or Dawnstar in the regular retail offerings and sets of two, three or more at matty.

#621033 12/17/11 04:58 PM
Active
Active
Yeah it does NOT have to be another 12 set in my eyes... how about a six Legion girls set, or a Mon-El & Shadow Lass set, Blok and the White Witch... everything would be great as long as they are giving the girls some stronger arms than Saturn Girl... I really have to say that after watching at those dolls for some weeks now, the Saturn Girl figure is by far the least fun to look at...

Hey, does anybody have an idea why they gave Brainy the largest chest? smile He looks rather strong than bright smile

#621034 12/19/11 03:10 PM
K
Active
Active
K
[b]

With the second production run now officially sold out and with this set orignally planned to be 24 figures (and with 2 Duo Damsels), surely some pre-production work had already been done for the other 12 figures that ended up getting dropped. And hopefully with that having been done, it should allow Mattel to put another legion set on the fast track. Maybe we hear something on this possible second set during the
toy fair in February. [/b]
On another board, toyguru or fangirl 2.0 stated that the first set was very challenging and that NO MORE 12-PACKS OF ANY TYPE are planned.

I do think that the success of the boxed set will ensure more Legionnaire figures of some sort. My pick would be a female 5 or 6-pack -- maybe anchored by 70s Supergirl to build up the team. I can see Mon-El and Dawnstar in the sub though.

#621035 12/19/11 03:11 PM
K
Active
Active
K
Originally posted by Mystery Lad:
Not that it really means anything concrete, but Mattel has said in one of their bimonthly answer-your-questions 'interviews' that they would not be producing more sets as large as the Legion one.

They didn't say anything about smaller sets, though. I suspect there'll be a character or two in the new subscription deal they've got going, maybe somebody like Mon-el or Dawnstar in the regular retail offerings and sets of two, three or more at matty.
Guess I should have read down further before responding as I pretty much echoed everything you said above. smile

Page 15 of 16 1 2 13 14 15 16

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,021
Posts1,045,203
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP