Roll Call
1 members (Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac), 15 Murran Spies, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/02/24 01:41 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/01/24 05:05 PM
Postlo3w stories *LATEST UPDATE 1 MAY*
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/01/24 03:51 PM
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by Set - 05/01/24 12:17 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/01/24 03:45 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/01/24 03:44 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/01/24 03:44 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Animated Series -- Unresolved Plot Threads
#621557 02/01/09 11:20 PM
Substitute
OP Offline
Substitute
Since the series is long-gone, has there been any word posted anywhere from the writers as to unresolved plot threads?

Two that come to mind for me are:

Episode: Phantoms
What's the secret behind Drax? Was he destined to return, has anyone posted as to his origin, who he really is?

Episode: Sundown (2)
Ferro Lad's body on the asteroid at the end; was he scheduled to come back? Can someone say that he's actually alive or not?

Were there any other important unresolved plot lines bugging anyone else?

-- Walt Sterdan

Readin' Legion since '62
Re: Animated Series -- Unresolved Plot Threads
#621558 02/01/09 11:35 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by Space Cadet:
Episode: Sundown (2)
Ferro Lad's body on the asteroid at the end; was he scheduled to come back? Can someone say that he's actually alive or not?
I believe there was an interview with James Tucker stating that Ferro Lad was 100% dead and that they showed the body to prove it rather than leave people guessing what happened to him.

#621559 02/02/09 01:38 PM
space mutineer & purveyor of quality sammitches
I'd be here all day if I had to list every dangling plot thread left by the series. Hell, they ended with a cliffhanger (Brainiac) in hopes that it would get another season's attention;Which of course, didn't happen.

[sulk]

Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on DeviantArt! Drop by and tell me that I sent you. *updated often!*
#621560 02/02/09 08:11 PM
Substitute
OP Offline
Substitute
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
[b]Episode: Sundown (2)
I believe there was an interview with James Tucker stating that Ferro Lad was 100% dead and that they showed the body to prove it rather than leave people guessing what happened to him. [/b]
Ouch. Thanks for the info (sad as it is); I would have thought that a body blown to smithereens would be a better sign of "dead" than an intact -- completely iron -- body, but there ya go.

Thanks again,
Walt Sterdan

Readin' Legion since '62
#621561 02/02/09 08:18 PM
Substitute
OP Offline
Substitute
Originally posted by cleome:
I'd be here all day if I had to list every dangling plot thread left by the series. Hell, they ended with a cliffhanger (Brainiac) in hopes that it would get another season's attention;Which of course, didn't happen.

[sulk]
True, but while some plot threads were pretty open-ended (like the Brainiac-as-a-real-boy cliffhanger) a few others were a little more finite, and only two or three that really interested me, like the two above... well, now one, thanks to good ol' Nightcrawler.

-- Walt Sterdan

Readin' Legion since '62
#621562 02/02/09 08:25 PM
SC, I was thinking mostly of how Brainiac (1) wasn't really destroyed, even though the Legion thought that he had been. Obviously the writers intended to bring him back at some point in S3.

Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on DeviantArt! Drop by and tell me that I sent you. *updated often!*
#621563 02/03/09 12:23 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
[b]Episode: Sundown (2)
I believe there was an interview with James Tucker stating that Ferro Lad was 100% dead and that they showed the body to prove it rather than leave people guessing what happened to him. [/b]
That was not my impression when I read the interview with James Tucker...I remember that he said that the real purpose to leave him stranded on the asteroid is that there may be a way to bring him back alive IF the fans demand to see him back alive. He also stated that Ferro Lad was still in Iron status - not flesh body....so there was a way to bring him back alive. I remember that also that I was excited and hopeful if they continue the Legion series into the 3 or 4th season. IIRC.

#621564 02/03/09 09:52 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
After searching for quotes on the Internet, I'm starting to think this was a statement made in the Second Season preview at SDCC.

I did find this quote -
"Michael and I had also talked...egion as a replacement of Kell-El."

Sounds dead to me.

#621565 02/03/09 11:08 PM
Deputy
Deputy
What about Nemisis Kid, did the show end with him being a member in good standing, and not a traitor.

I tried to rip their soul out.I tried to make them forget Superman.
But they won't.
#621566 02/03/09 11:14 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Yes.

#621567 02/13/09 03:24 PM
Active
Active
Originally posted by Lone Wolf Legionnaire:
What about Nemisis Kid, did the show end with him being a member in good standing, and not a traitor.
Moreover, there had been that bit with his power being similar to Grimbor's, so there were signs there was something sinister/unspoken there. In other words, even without the a priori belief that he should be a traitor (as per the comic), this is still a dangler.

And, of course, that goes along with the fact that we NEVER saw KK again ... I think even in the "everyone included" finale, he is only in one frame.

On a related note... anyone hear whether there will be as eason 2 DVD?

"I like stuff that doesn't exist."
#621568 02/23/09 10:03 AM
You can see KK in a couple of shots during the big fight near the end of S2, as well. If you really squint.

I think in one of Matt E.'s reviews of the animated series' comic, he mentioned that another character thought that NK's powers might be mystically based. The idea of him as a "nullifier" is somewhat different from what his powers were in the original stories, yes ? (Certainly nullification is easier to explain in a short time than... counteraction, or whatever the original take was.)

Even if they intended to do the canon thing and have him betray the team, it would have been cool to see the character fleshed out a little more first.

#621569 03/01/09 02:20 AM
Active
Active
drax is zod and ursa's baby. (though in the superman animated series they had different names, jax-ur and mala). this is evident from the "Z" emblem on his chest and there is definitely someone talking to him in his head...and he's a kryptonian.

i thought he might come back, that they might turn him good, given that he seems to be being controlled (painfully) by voice in his head.

dammit, i love drax. his cute little posh accent ;_;.

i think they were also going to do more with lex luthor's lady descendent, since she was very "NEXT TIME GADGET" about everything.

#621570 03/01/09 10:45 AM
9 out of 10 guys with cute little posh accents, or nasally accents turn out to be eeeeeeevil. Doesn't seem quite fair, does it ?

Alexis should definitely have returned, too.

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,020
Posts1,045,050
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Time-Teller Lad
Time-Teller Lad
The Rookery