Roll Call
0 members (), 20 Murran Spies, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by stile86 - 05/02/24 04:55 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by stile86 - 05/02/24 04:52 AM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Ann Hebistand - 05/02/24 04:44 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by stile86 - 05/02/24 04:40 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by stile86 - 05/02/24 04:38 AM
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by stile86 - 05/02/24 04:33 AM
Postlo3w stories *LATEST UPDATE 1 MAY*
by razsolo - 05/02/24 04:33 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Legion March 2009 Solicitations and Images ... SPOILERS
#622525 12/14/08 10:44 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
No ADVENTURE COMICS™ just yet...

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

P

A

C

E

click to enlarge

ACTION COMICS #875

Written by Greg Rucka
Art by Eddy Barrows & Ruy José
Cover by Eddy Barrows & Julio Ferreira
To give the full details of this story would spoil the dramatic finale of the “New Krypton” crossover, and we don’t want to do that! Suffice to say, a “World Without Superman” is a very dangerous place, indeed, and the only thing standing between the good (and not so good) folks of Earth and an impending shadow of doom are the all-new Nightwing and Flamebird!
Eisner Award-winning writer Greg Rucka (FINAL CRISIS: REVELATIONS) teams with rising star Eddy Barrows (TEEN TITANS) to kick off a bold new era for ACTION COMICS!
On sale March 11• 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US

click to enlarge

DC/WILDSTORM: DREAMWAR TP

Written by Keith Giffen, art by Lee Garbett and Trevor Scott, cover by Mike McKone

The six-issue miniseries that pits the heroes of two universes against each other is collected! The WildStorm Universe is being torn apart -- and when heroes from the DCU begin crossing over into their world, things go from bad to worse!

144 pages, $19.99, in stores on April 1.

click to enlarge

FINAL CRISIS: LEGION OF THREE WORLDS #5

Written by Geoff Johns, art by George Perez and Scott Koblish, covers by Perez.

The time-stopping finale to this Final Crisis tie-in arrives as Superman, Cosmic Boy, Lightning Lad and Saturn Girl battle Time Trapper while Prime and the Legion of Super-Villains engage in an all-out war with the Legions! Leading into the all-new Adventures Comics #1!

40 pages, $3.99, in stores on March 25.

click to enlarge

JUSTICE SOCIETY OF AMERICA: THY KINGDOM COME PART 1 TP

Written by Geoff Johns and Alex Ross, art by Dale Eaglesham, Ruy Jose, Fernando Pasarin and Rodney Ramos, cover by Ross.

Presenting a stunning new volume collecting Justice Society of America #7-12, featuring the start of the sequel to the classic Kingdom Come! Stranded from an alternate Earth plagued by heroes-gone-extreme, Kingdom Come Superman runs into a JSA he never knew.

160 pages, $14.99, in stores on April 1.

click to enlarge

LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES: ENEMY MANIFEST HC

Written by Jim Shooter, art and cover by Francis Manapul and Livesay.

While war looms and a traitor plots against the Legion from within, a massive, hostile planet appears near Jupiter, and its gravity is ripping apart the solar system! Collecting Legion of Super-Heroes #45-50.

144 pages, $24.99, in stores on May 13.

click to enlarge

R.E.B.E.L.S. #2

Written by Tony Bedard, art, cover and variant cover by Andy Clarke.

Vril Dox -- the son of Brainiac -- finds himself fleeing from the universe's deadliest bounty hunters as he tries to figure out who stole his intergalactic L.E.G.I.O.N. police force from him. But the more he learns, the less he likes! Guest-starring Supergirl.

32 pages, $2.99, in stores on March 11.

click to enlarge

SHOWCASE PRESENTS: THE LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES VOL. 3 TP

Written by Jim Shooter, E. Nelson Bridwell and Otto Binder, art by Curt Swan, George Klein, Jim Mooney and Pete Costanza, cover by Swan and Klein.

The Legion battles the Fatal Five and is forced to expel Superboy and Supergirl in this new volume collecting stories from Adventure Comics #349-368 and Superman's Pal, Jimmy Olsen #116.

496 pages, black and white, $16.99, in stores on April 22.

click to enlarge

SUPERMAN #686

Written by James Robinson
Art by Renato Guedes & Wilson Magalháes
Cover by Eddy Barrows & Julio Ferreira
Following the startling events of “New Krypton” and the shocking occurrence in the Phantom Zone, Earth finds itself without its greatest protector!Luckily, Metropolis still has a few heroes, like Mon-El and the Guardian. But after years of knowing nothing but the solitude of the Phantom Zone, how will Mon-El acclimate himself to society? And the recently returned Guardian has his hands full with his new position in the Science Police. How can they fill Superman’s shoes? They’d better figure it out fast, because dangerous mysteries abound which will carry all the way into 2010!
The highly acclaimed writer-artist team of James Robinson and Renato Guedes continue their run on SUPERMAN with or without The Man of Steel!
On sale March 25 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US

Re: Legion March 2009 Solicitations and Images ... SPOILERS
#622526 12/14/08 10:47 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
And More...

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

P

A

C

E

click to enlarge

GREEN LANTERN CORPS #34

Written by Peter J. Tomasi, art by Patrick Gleason and Rebecca Buchman, cover by Gleason, variant cover by Rodolfo Migliari.

The prelude to "Blackest Night" continues as the "War of Light" heats up. Mongul commands Daxam and their Superman-like citizens plus the entire Sinestro Corps. Can Arisia and a small resistance of Daxamites defeat the fear-bearing Corps with Sodam Yat out of the picture?

32 pages, $2.99, in stores on March 11.

click to enlarge

STRANGE ADVENTURES #1

Written by Jim Starlin, art by Manuel Garcia/Al Milgrom and Starlin/Rob Hunter, cover by Starlin and Hunter and a variant cover by Ed Benes and Hunter.

An epic sci-fi adventure starring Adam Strange, Comet and the reverse Superman known as Bizarro. A deadly peril threatens the universe, and it's up to Adam Strange to stop it. Meanwhile, a contract is put out for the death of Comet while Bizarro finds a new purpose in life, which leads to the beginning of a strange new journey.

40 pages, $3.99, in stores on March 4.

click to enlarge

SUPERMAN: WORLD OF NEW KRYPTON #1

Written by Andrew Kreisberg
Art by Pete Woods
Cover by Gary Frank
Variant cover by Ladrönn
Following the events of the “New Krypton” crossover, the Man of Steel has had to embrace his past to ensure humanity’s future. And while a devastating armed conflict with Earth may have been averted, keeping the peace will be Superman’s greatest challenge yet.
Hot new writer Andrew Kreisberg (BATMAN CONFIDENTIAL) and fan-favorite artist Pete Woods (ACTION COMICS, SUPERMAN: UP, UP AND AWAY!) lead Superman through a world of interstellar treachery and deadly machinations where the lives of two races hang in the balance!
Retailers please note: This issue will ship with two covers. For every 25 copies of the Standard Edition (with a cover by Gary Frank), retailers may order one copy of the Variant Edition (with a cover by Ladrönn). Please see the Previews Order Form for more information.
On sale March 4 • 1 of 12 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US

#622527 12/15/08 12:05 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
That Dawnstar cover is amazingly beautiful. Is it George Perez? Certainly doesn't look like it was finished by him. If not, I think we have our first clue as to why 'Legion of 3 Worlds' is so late. frown

And I know some people hate it but I have to give a shout-out to Frank's redesign of Dawnstar's costume. I LOVE it!

'R.E.B.E.L.S.' looks kinda neat. Not big on Supergirl feeling the need to guest-star in every book going though.

'Strange Adventures' is a surprise. Is that a new ongoing? By the way - what's the Legion connection there Gary?

#622528 12/15/08 01:18 AM
Leader
Leader
Captain Comet was in L.E.G.I.O.N. Is that Superman or SuperBOY in the background?

Agree on Dawnstar. Just trying to figure out if those are birds or more Starhaven people in the background. What a beautiful cover!

Long Live all them Legions!
#622529 12/15/08 01:35 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
And of course there's only one Dawny. Why? She's one of a kind baby!

#622530 12/15/08 02:01 AM
C
Wanderer
Wanderer
C
Beautiful Dawnstar cover of Lo3W # 5 - glad to see it's at least on the schedule for March (although heaven knows it could be delayed like the others) - I have to say, I never would have guessed her as the 5th cover subject, both because there aren't 3 incarnations of her (like the theme of the first four covers), and because she's unlikely to show up on anyone's list of "most essential" Legionnaires.

I would have expected, in the following order:

1) Superman/Superboy
2) Star Boy/Starman (because of his apparent importance to the overall plan)
3) Mon-El
4) Ultra Boy
5) Timber Wolf
6) Dream Girl

Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com
Legion-Reference-File Lad
#622531 12/15/08 02:03 AM
C
Wanderer
Wanderer
C
Afterthought - maybe Dawny is particularly significant here because she was the Monitor's selected Legion rep in the original Crisis?

Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com
Legion-Reference-File Lad
#622532 12/15/08 02:18 AM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
That Superman: World of New Krypton cover made me squint, because I'm not used to seeing Superdude with a bunch of flying people in the backdrop who *aren't* Legionnaires. Darn Kryptonians. They're like cockroaches!

Wrapped Around Your Finger now complete in BITS!
#622533 12/15/08 03:58 AM
Active
Active

Just trying to figure out if those are birds or more Starhaven people in the background. What a beautiful cover!
I magnified the image and they look very much like birds rather than people.

I have lived for the Legion and one day I shall die for the Legion.
#622534 12/15/08 04:49 AM
Substitute
Substitute
nice covers! love the L3W one.

nightcrawler, where did you take those info? thanks smile

#622535 12/15/08 08:51 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Originally posted by Mr. Kayak:
nightcrawler, where did you take those info? thanks smile
It's a secret! Although I have to wait to find out the solicitations.

And Blacula...what AFOB said. And I do believe that Dawnstar is drawn by Perez.

#622536 12/15/08 09:02 AM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Some really, really great covers across the board here.

Seeing a solicit for Strange Adventures makes me happy (though I'll *really* be happy once I find out what its about and whose doing it...I'd hope for an Andy Diggle type and not Jim Starlin).

#622537 12/15/08 10:25 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by Arm Fall Off Boy:
Captain Comet was in L.E.G.I.O.N.
Thanks AFOB. My L.E.G.I.O.N. knowledge is limited so I had forgotten that the good captain was with them.

Still WOWed at how beautiful that Dawnstar cover is. Does it seem like it was inked or coloured differently to the previous L3W covers? Maybe that's why I'm questioning the George Pereziness of it?

Speaking of great artists - Gary Frank has turned into such an incredible one! I picked up a very, very old issue of Birds of Prey the other day (like from before the main series started) and was shocked to see that the art was by Frank. He has come a long way since then.

#622538 12/15/08 11:04 AM
Substitute
Substitute
That is most definitely all Perez. And a beauty!

LLLater!

UltraBoy3

PS: Thanks for getting these up so quick NC!

UltraBoy
#622539 12/15/08 12:05 PM
space mutineer & purveyor of quality sammitches
[rolleyes]

Yeah, thank Heavens that Dawnstar's Cosmo Girl shirt is right at the center of the page, or everyone might suddenly forget what's really important for super-powered females to contribute in stories. [snerk]

Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on DeviantArt! Drop by and tell me that I sent you. *updated often!*
#622540 12/15/08 12:15 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
The fact that 10 of them can be stuffed in a single fridge at a single time?

#622541 12/15/08 12:18 PM
Sarcasm Kid now owes Gail Simone another 25 cents.

Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on DeviantArt! Drop by and tell me that I sent you. *updated often!*
#622542 12/15/08 12:27 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
At the rate she's writing Secret Six I don't care.

#622543 12/15/08 04:22 PM
Active
Active
Great Dawnstar cover! I'm so eager to see how the series will turn out. But the way it's been with all the delays lately, I probably will be able to welcome my not-yet-born daughter on this world BEFORE I will be learning the end of L3W smile Probably won't have much time to actually read L3W #5 once it comes out ....

#622544 12/15/08 04:34 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Updated with Solicitations!

#622545 12/15/08 05:14 PM
Reservist
Reservist
That is a wonderful Dawnstar cover. It says "covers by Perez". Is that his coloring, too I wonder? If, so he really needs to paint much more. Are there any examples of his painting anywhere?

It is also great to see Mon-El out and about and handling his business. Such a waste to keep him in the Phantom Zone BUT how does that work? If he is out of the Phantom Zone and presumably cured of lead poisoning in the 21st century how can he be banished to the Phantom Zone in the 31st century because they have no cure for the lead poisoning?

So what.
#622546 12/15/08 06:02 PM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
Originally posted by duck458:
If he is out of the Phantom Zone and presumably cured of lead poisoning in the 21st century how can he be banished to the Phantom Zone in the 31st century because they have no cure for the lead poisoning?
My guess is that whatever cure Superman arranges turns out to be sadly temporary. It wouldn't mess with the drama of him being trapped in the for a thousand years if he managed to get out a time or two for a few months or years, only to be sent back when the new 'cure' fails on him. If anything, it might add to the angst, with a 31st century Mon-El still having a nagging doubt that this cure too will fade...

Interesting solicit for Lo3W. I like the idea of the founders and Superman taking it to the Time Trapper.

It occurs to me that the only Prime 'redemption' I could stomach would be Prime realizing that he's been played for the enormously powerful simpleton that he is, and also taking a run at the Trapper, with the two of them annhilating each other from history in their cataclysmic final battle (thereby undoing the damage that Prime has done, making the 20 bazillion deaths on his conscience cease to exist).

Huh, Supergirl and Vril Dox on the same page. I wonder if there will be any hint of romance? Could be neat. Could be neater if there is some suggestion of it as an easter egg to fans who know of the Brainy/Kara romance of times past, only to have *both* of these characters look appalled at the notion. smile

A dude named Mongul uses the Daxamites as a weapon against the galaxy! Wow. And this happens before Darkseid did it, so now Darkseid is a big copycat who's just riffing off of some failed scheme from some yellow loser. No wonder the Daxamites prefer not to leave home. Their planet has a big 'mind control us and use us to attack your foes!' sign in orbit or something...

Wrapped Around Your Finger now complete in BITS!
#622547 12/15/08 06:08 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
You think Mr. and Mrs. Ranzz might be looking to score some payback against the Time Trapper for what he did in Legionnaires 3? Or is that out of character, well I don't think for the way Mister Ranzz has been acting.

#622548 12/15/08 06:24 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
At the risk of firing up the hate DC threads...

I'm not seeing much diversity in the DC line right now. There are 5 Bat books focusing on the current timeline and 4 Superman books. You've got the team books- JLA, JSA, Titans as well as Teen and Terror, and the Outsiders. No Flash, not even in Rebirth, and a couple of GL books. I collect the GA/BC, Hex, and Simon Dark books, but it doesn't feel like there's much in these solicits for me.

Just spouting off.
#622549 12/15/08 06:58 PM
Active
Active
Best part of Solits, the Showcase Presents: Legion of Superheroes vol 3. I am so happy to see that coming out (happy dance). Yay.

Also glad to see Legion of Three Worlds being solit, but gosh, I can't even remember what the last issue to come out was.

And I feel you CJ, most of my books got cancelled (for the Bat-event) and I could honestly care less about the fallout from RIP (or Final Crisis) so my list is pretty small.

I might check out Superman and Action though, Superman to see how things go with Mon-El and Action if and only if that's Kon-El (and judging from an interview I heard earlier it will take a few issues to have the identity reveal, so I'll back track in that case).

Anyways, I'm sad because there isn't a lot of Legion stuff (no new Adventure announcement, no LOSH monthly *seriously, the couldn't let Shooter finish his run?*) but I'm really happy to get the new Showcase because I don't have those stories.

Long Live the Legion!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,020
Posts1,045,059
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Andorian Lantern
Andorian Lantern
New York, NY