Roll Call
1 members (Eryk Davis Ester, Eryk Davis Ester), 7 Murran Spies, and 30 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
So, what are you listening to?
by Eryk Davis Ester - 04/25/24 08:03 PM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Legion Tracker - 04/25/24 06:56 PM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Gaseous Lad - 04/25/24 01:27 PM
DC/Marvel Crossovers to be collected in 2024
by Ann Hebistand - 04/25/24 08:21 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by idle - 04/25/24 05:38 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/25/24 12:32 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/24/24 03:52 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
"Going to the candidates' debate..."
#647412 02/24/04 08:44 PM
S
Stu Offline OP
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
S
"We'd like to know a little bit about you for our files
We'd like to help you learn to help yourself.
Look around you all you see are sympathetic eyes
Stroll around the grounds until you feel at home."

We're going to be having a bit of a candidate's debate... right here on the grounds of the LW mansion!

Every so often, I will ask a question of the candidates... and, of course, the candidates can ask each other questions... and the LW public can ask the candidates questions!

Why, it's a regular question-a-rama -- so fire away!

Re: "Going to the candidates' debate..."
#647413 02/25/04 06:04 AM
S
Stu Offline OP
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
S
Question: What is your best attribute?

(You may interpret "best" and "attribute" however you wish. wink )

#647414 02/25/04 07:04 AM
Pov Offline
Don't Stop Peelieving
Don't Stop Peelieving
HeyheyHEY, this is a all-ages board! evil

I'll let you and Cobie tell everybody what my best attribute is... laugh

"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me
#647415 02/25/04 07:12 AM
Active
Active
**Purr**

My best attribute is the fact that I'm a Cat. I am not subject to the human fallacies so aptly demonstrated by my honored opponent who previously responded to your question. As his(?) response demonstrates, humans are ruled by their libido's and are therefore subject to irrational responses and fears of inadequacies. Cats know that they are the superior species and therefore have no such fears.

**Purr**

When you're in Danger or in Trouble I will be there on the Double.
#647416 02/25/04 07:56 AM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
My best attribute is hard to pin down, since so many great attributes compete against each other when it comes to the legendary attributes of Cobalt Kid. Is it my immense popularity on Legion World, specifically among Lurkers who aspire to my status as legendary poster, and other posters who rely on me day in and day out? Is it my devilish good lucks and dashing personality? Is it my abilities as a hero to ensure the safety of Legion World, as my long-standing run as Security Chief has shown? Or my charm and natural charisma? My constant spelling mnistakes that show that I'm a man of the people and not some upper class posting snob? No...I'd say my greatest attribute is my outright modesty and unwillingness to accept praise wink .

Oh, and I'm great in the sack too, just ask any number of females Legion Worlders wink !

#647417 02/25/04 08:16 AM
strange but not a stranger
My greatest attribute...

I have been told that I have a lot of patience, that I am caring and really listen to others. I also tend to see things from a different prespective then most. I do have a sense of humor. I also tend to think in a logical (at least logical to me) manner.

As to which is my greatest attribute, I'll leave that for you to decide.

And taking off from Cobalt Kid's post. I like to say that I'd be perfect except that I am much too humble wink

Big Dog! Big Dog! Bow Wow Wow!
#647418 02/25/04 08:34 AM
Deputy
Deputy
Originally posted by Stoopid Cat:
**Purr**

... humans are ruled by their libido's and are therefore subject to irrational responses...

**Purr**
So... cats aren't? I'm just asking, I'm not one. But from what I've seen across the species barrier, cats are as libidinous (if not more) as any other creature...

I'm just curious.

#647419 02/25/04 08:38 AM
Active
Active
Originally posted by Juan:
Originally posted by Stoopid Cat:
[b] **Purr**

... humans are ruled by their libido's and are therefore subject to irrational responses...

**Purr**
So... cats aren't? I'm just asking, I'm not one. But from what I've seen across the species barrier, cats are as libidinous (if not more) as any other creature...

I'm just curious.[/b]
**Purr**

Not this Cat. At least not anymore...

**Purr**

#647420 02/25/04 09:18 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
My best attribute? I would have to say it's my Versatility. (Get your mind out of the gutter, Cobie, I'm not talking about "that" kind of versatility!) I'm able to easily interact with all kinds of sentinents...female, male, neuter, young, old, etc. I'm told I'm fun to be around and put people at ease in my company. They seem to feel comfortable in sharing their concerns and secrets with me (apparently they don't know about all the voyeur cams...I mean security cameras at the Villa laugh )

I can just as easily spend an evening playing canasta or chess as shooting pool, playing foosball or even clubbing.

I guess I have a youthful outlook on life merged with the wisdom gained from 40+ years of living life.

"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"
#647421 02/25/04 09:26 AM
Active
Active
**Purr**

<Note to self: Vee really is a great guy, I must question the wisdom of the planned negative campaign ads, perhaps my new campaign manager will be able to come up with a good strategy.>

<Second note to self: Find a Campaign Manager! Quickly!>

**Purr**

#647422 02/25/04 09:34 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
My best attribute? Hmmmm, I had to ask a few people about that and below are a sample of the replies:

According to my workmates my best attributes are my determination and motivation.

According to Sonnie my best attribute is my sense of fair play.

According to my son it's my generosity (and I didn't pay him to say that either).

According to Alan, my husband, it's my laugh.

According to Numf-El it's my breasts.

Personally I like my collection of European china dolls smile

Legion Worlds NINE - wait, there's even more ongoing amazing adventures? Yup, and you'll only find them in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.
#647423 02/25/04 09:56 AM
Leader
Leader
I would say that my greatest attribute is my generosity, as will be evidenced by the flood of unpublished Legion artwork to be shared with these boards if I am elected.

#647424 02/25/04 12:44 PM
Trap Timer
Online Happy
Trap Timer
Q: What specific actions would you take to encourage lurkers to post on the boards?

#647425 02/25/04 12:55 PM
I don't know if there is anything more that what is currently being done. i.e. welcoming new members as they join and encouraging them to post.

I mean they are not posting for their own reasons whether they just like to read the posts, don't feel they have anything to contribute, or would feel embarassed for some reason.

PS: I know I have gone to other boards and have been ignored, so the welcome that I was given here made me want to stay here and post here.

Big Dog! Big Dog! Bow Wow Wow!
#647426 02/25/04 01:35 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I think we, as a whole, are very welcoming to visitors/new members. That's one of the things that makes Legion World so special.

While I wish that lurkers would choose to register and post, they are by no means required to do so. If they choose to remain unknown that is their right.

That being said, I would try to ensure that we continue to be as welcoming as possible to anyone that decides to join us here.

"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"
#647427 02/25/04 02:16 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
The lurkers question is a very good, and I've always tried to get more lurkers to post. Threads like "Don't Lurk, Post!" which I started, and Super Lad Kid's "Lurkers Reveal Yourselves!" are great threads, and they should be bumped regularly to encourage more lurkers to start posting more (not by just me, by everyone)!

In addition, we should all go out of our way to encourage lurkers to post to long-standing threads, like SHAKES and the Beacon, to get them to interact more. Recently, Minesurfter, Ammericondo, Monkey-Eater Lad, Condo, Magnetic Kid, Bedlam Lad and others have been posting a lot, which is great! I usually try to offer a Security Position to anyone who posts in the Security Thread.

Overall, there isn't much to do to encourage a lurker to post, who is content on lurking. But it is nice to draw them out occasionally, which is one of the great functions of a thread like "Guess Who?", which requires nothing more than a lurker to simply post a quick "Nope, it's me!". Maybe more encouragement in the other forums to post on the Mission Monitor Board is necessary.

Further, there should be a continued effort to keep the other forums (Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities, the Anywhere Machine, and the Bits forum) full of action. These forums usually get a more diverse group of people posting, and I like when these people make their way to the MMB. But I'd also like to keep a heavy flow of traffic in those forums too! So all you people who post here mainly, get over there! (And I don't just mean if I'm leader, I mean right NOW!) wink

I like when lurkers post a lot, and I hope the encouragement of lurkers posting continues! I know that the welcome threads will be continued no matter who is elected leader, so that doesn't even apply anymore wink . It's a Legion World tradition now!

I like this question, and I'm glad it was asked--but don't expect TOO many serious responses wink ! These are things that everyone should always be encouraging, from the lowest cat to the the most legendary of posters!

To quote a fellow security officer: "LURKERS REVEAL YOURSELVES!!!"

#647428 02/25/04 02:31 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Quite frankly I believe we should ban the lot of them!

They just detract from the attention I should be getting!

Nah, fooled you, only joking there (honest!!) there is a problem - if it could be called that - that we have a lot of lurkers on this board, whether for the reasons given by previous posters or not, that never post. If they don't want to post we can't make them, they'll know about the posts CK mentioned and that we do try to welcome people aboard. If they still want to lurk then that's there choice really.

As a big fan of free will all I can say about the Lurker situation is whatever works... if you want to join in then please do, you will be welcome, if you want to lurk then I hope you enjoy the show.

Legion Worlds NINE - wait, there's even more ongoing amazing adventures? Yup, and you'll only find them in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.
#647429 02/25/04 03:04 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
I'll flirt more that will bring those lurkers out!!!!!

Let the Fun Begin!
#647430 02/25/04 03:44 PM
Active
Active
**Purr**

The Lurker Problem? I don't actually see a problem here. People are free to choose when, where, and how they want to post. We welcome newcomers with open arms. Some decide to join in some don't, the real key is the fact that no one is ever turned away once they decide to jump into this whirlwind of craziness.

**Purr**

#647431 02/25/04 04:31 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I don't really think there is a lurker "problem" either. I think that the entire community we have built here is very welcoming to new additions. Lurkers will post when they have something to say. Give themn time...

As far as my best attribute? Hmmmmm. My ability to see both sides of an arguement. Not everything in this world is black and white and I think my ability to understand the greys is one of my strongest assets.

That said, if I believe in something wholeheartedly, I will support it to the end. I give careful thought to most matters, rarely making rash judgements (although, like anyone else, I have).

Also, I like to think I'm a pretty good writer...

Touch the magic...
#647432 02/25/04 05:40 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Question: What makes you really cranky?

#647433 02/25/04 06:04 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I'm cranky when I'm hungry (like now)...

I cant really think of anything specifically that makes my cranky. Maybe snobbiness. Or shallowness.

Touch the magic...
#647434 02/25/04 06:57 PM
Active
Active
**Purr**

The only thing that I ever get cranky about is that annoying guy who cleans my litter box. He sometimes uses cheap litter and I have to express my displeasure in unique ways.

**Purr**

#647435 02/25/04 07:03 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
When my computer freezes up or shuts down when I'm trying to post here at Legion World.

Legion World's Badwill Ambassador
#647436 02/25/04 07:58 PM
S
Stu Offline OP
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
S
Whan I get banned.

*choke*

frown

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,019
Posts1,044,941
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
Timothy
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
lychanthrope
lychanthrope
Bristol IN USA
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star