Roll Call
1 members (rickshaw1, rickshaw1, rickshaw1, rickshaw1), 3 Murran Spies, and 8 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Postlo3w stories *LATEST UPDATE 1 MAY*
by razsolo - 05/19/24 06:10 AM
Kill This Thread LIII - There's a Joker in Here!
by thoth lad - 05/19/24 05:38 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/19/24 02:54 AM
Legion Trivia 6
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/19/24 02:54 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/19/24 02:53 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/19/24 02:53 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/19/24 02:52 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/19/24 02:52 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
INVASION Tie-In: Dark Oval Embassy - smouldering rubble
#647500 08/15/06 04:25 PM
Substitute
OP Offline
Substitute
---The Dark Oval Embassy---

The High Ambassador, Angra Metternich, has arrived here on Legion World to represent the Hrykosian Clan and the Dark Oval Sector of Space.

I am weary from my recent travels.

I ask for your patience, and I will address you within the coming days.

I look forward to our...'discussions'...

We are a prowling lion, and we will devour you.
Re: INVASION Tie-In: Dark Oval Embassy - smouldering rubble
#647501 08/15/06 04:33 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Welcome, ambassador.

We extend full hospitality to any guests who come in peace.

The childhood friend Exnihil never had.
#647502 08/15/06 05:04 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I bid you welcome as well, Ambassador Metternich. As Acting Ambassador and Assistant Deputy Leader for Strategic Alliances, I hereby invite you to stop by my Villa for a visit and so that you may present your credentials.

I too eagerly anticipate our upcoming discussions and am certain that we will be able to avoid any unpleasantness by adhere to the strict protocols of diplomacy.

"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"
#647503 08/15/06 05:12 PM
.. Offline
Wanderer
Wanderer
hmmmmm.....a new arrrrival eh?

#647504 08/15/06 05:32 PM
strange but not a stranger
A welcome limerick:

Here comes Ambassador Metternich
The Hrykosians' number one pick
Much to discuss
Don't make a fuss
High diplomacy is his schtick.

Big Dog! Big Dog! Bow Wow Wow!
#647505 08/15/06 06:10 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
hmmm odd, my history books never said anything about a dark oval sector.....but Ambassador Angra Metternich ? why does THAT name sound familiar. Where have i heard that name before...

curiouser and curiouser, i'd better stay hidden until more players reveal themselves especially with the few legionaires left fighting amongst themselves.

#647506 08/15/06 06:12 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
<'ports in, sniffs>

Man, something sure smells rotten in here!

<'ports out>

Still "Lardy" to my friends!
#647507 08/16/06 01:06 AM
Leader
Leader
As LW Leader it is my honor to welcome you Ambassador. Here is your official coupon book filled with super-savings. Please enjoy your stay at our humble abode.

ActorLad

Friendly Neighborhood Performer

Visit my official hangout ActorLad's Cool Luau over at the Mission Monitor Board!
#647508 08/16/06 06:25 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I'm looking forward to some "discussions" as well ... I'll be sharpening my teeth in preparation ...

Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...
#647509 08/17/06 09:31 AM
Substitute
OP Offline
Substitute
Citizens of Legion World,

I thank you for your patience since my arrival two nights ago. The Dark Oval is a long way from Legion World, and the United Planets is not as considerate to us as they are to their own members. Despite the bullying influence of the United Planets, we have still been able to arrive safely to Legion World.

I won’t waste your time, or my own.

I’ve come here to demand that two citizens of Legion World, LardLad and Cobalt Kid, be turned over to the authorities of the Dark Oval. I ask that the Legion World army, which Cobalt Kid is one-third commander, be disbanded until he has been taken out of United Planet territory, as we fear the imminent attack he will inflict on our cruisers with his military might.

We charge LardLad with murder. Look here to see the horrendous murder of two of our political leaders, Daemon Hrykos and Mordra his wife.

<shows holo-vid of LardLad murdering the two>

We charge Cobalt Kid with accessory to murder. Here again, you can see Cobalt Kid helping him flee from Dark Oval authorities.

<shows Cobalt Kid and an unidentified female fleeing>

Unfortunately, we could not identify their third companion, or any others that may have helped them. In the Dark Oval, accessory to murder carries the same penalty as the murder charge itself. Any of you familiar with the Dark Oval knows what the punishment for these crimes will be.

I also hope to open talks between Legion World and the Dark Oval in regards to a peace treaty between the two. This treaty would enforce a rule that neither would enter each others space boundaries. I would ensure that this means that should Legion World be at war with one of our allies, we would not violate the treaty and come to our allies aid (and the same would work vice versa). Our cultures are very different, and it is important to open talks on this topic. If allowed, I would like to invite two more diplomatic cruisers to land here on Legion World.

Lastly, the Dominion, one-fifth of the Dark Oval’s Empire, would like to extend an opportunity for the famous scientists and geniuses on Legion World to work with them on trading information that could be useful to us both, such as inter-Earth teleportation and the various items the LMB uses to increase the quality of life on Legion World. In return, we offer a variety of new technologies on electro-vegetation, anti-matter weaponry and Black-Hole technology.

I look forward to hearing your various opinions. I will also answer any questions any of you have for me concerning the Dark Oval and our political intentions in the region referred to as the United Planets.

#647510 08/17/06 11:06 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
On behalf of the Psyonian Royal Family, I welcome you to Legion World, High Ambassador Metternich.

These are grievous charges you bring before us. You realize, of course, that the United Planets currently have no extradition treaty with the Dark Oval Empire. However, we do take these charges most seriously.

We will, of course, be open to hearing anything you have to say on the matter, and all evidence will be reviewed carefully before any decisions can be made on proper course of action.

As to the offer of scientific trading, you do realize that there are currently no trade treaties existing between our governments. As such, any trading of United Planets technological data and/or equipment would be treated as treasonous. If, however, our governments were to open trade negotiations, then that would, of course, be a different matter.

Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs
#647511 08/17/06 12:14 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Originally posted by Ambassador Angra Metternich:
Any of you familiar with the Dark Oval knows what the punishment for these crimes will be.
Its no secret what that punishment is. Death.

#647512 08/17/06 12:32 PM
Reservist
Reservist
Greetings Ambassador Metternich!

While there are many more able citizens to engage in dialogue with you, I will take you up on your offer and continue this dialogue with some comments and questions.

First, what is status of the Dark Oval’s political relations with other non-UP planets and empires? Rumors have persisted that the Dark Oval employs the military might of Khundia and Ggrrgg, both long-time enemies of the Legion of Message Board Posters.

I also hope to open talks between Legion World and the Dark Oval in regards to a peace treaty between the two. This treaty would enforce a rule that neither would enter each others space boundaries. I would ensure that this means that should Legion World be at war with one of our allies, we would not violate the treaty and come to our allies aid (and the same would work vice versa). Our cultures are very different, and it is important to open talks on this topic. If allowed, I would like to invite two more diplomatic cruisers to land here on Legion World.
It appears to me that you are suggesting a direct split between Legion World and the United Planets. While it would be beneficial that you would align yourselves should we become embroiled in a war, the benefit of course would be to the Dark Oval, when it enters into its long planned attack on the United Planets. By prohibiting the single most powerful array of sentients in the universe from entering the conflict, the Dark Oval would have quite a victory at the very beginning of such conflict.

Lastly, the Dominion, one-fifth of the Dark Oval&#146;s Empire, would like to extend an opportunity for the famous scientists and geniuses on Legion World to work with them on trading information that could be useful to us both, such as inter-Earth teleportation and the various items the LMB uses to increase the quality of life on Legion World. In return, we offer a variety of new technologies on electro-vegetation, anti-matter weaponry and Black-Hole technology.
I find it also very interesting that the Dark Oval would be interested in inter-Earth teleportation technology. What would be the intentions of such devices? Surely the Dark Oval is not planning to invade an entire other universe after they’ve mined this one for all its worth?

Though you may be a famous ambassador, you will not find Legion World lacking in political savvy. We will not stand for double-talk, and we will not effectively put on the sidelines when the long planned attack from the Dark Oval begins.

Let us focus on LardLad and Cobalt Kid, who you wish to apprehend. So far you’ve told us nothing and only shown us holo-vids that leave out 99% of the story. Are we to take your word at face value when these are valued members of this community? You cannot simply take them to the Dark Oval and execute them.

flag

#647513 08/17/06 01:07 PM
Substitute
OP Offline
Substitute
The Dark Oval has no wartime allies. We currently have trading alliances with Ggrrgg, Khundia and have been attempting to reach Earth to open up an avenue there.

Originally posted by Spellbinder:
As to the offer of scientific trading, you do realize that there are currently no trade treaties existing between our governments. As such, any trading of United Planets technological data and/or equipment would be treated as treasonous. If, however, our governments were to open trade negotiations, then that would, of course, be a different matter.
Originally posted by Liberty Monkey:
I find it also very interesting that the Dark Oval would be interested in inter-Earth teleportation technology. What would be the intentions of such devices? Surely the Dark Oval is not planning to invade an entire other universe after they&#146;ve mined this one for all its worth?
I am surprised by this reaction, given the Dominion’s respected status as scientists and engineers. But I can assure you, it is not United Planets technology we are looking to analyze, it is technology used here exclusively on Legion World. Think of the benefit a Green Lantern’s ring could have in the Dark Oval, by stopping meteors from hitting trading ships? This is but one small example.

As for assumptions that we use such technology for war, that is hardly fair. The Dark Oval has an equal right to all technology for the purposes of helping our societies grow. So be careful, little monkey, of your tone.

As for LardLad and Cobalt Kid, its quite a simple story. LardLad invaded Dark Oval space and murdered the leader of the Hrykosian Clan, Daemon Hrykos, as well as his wife Mordra and their daughter. Yes, that is right. LardLad is a child-killer. I can see in your eyes that some of you don’t even doubt this. You realize as the rest of the galaxy does that this man is not as benevolent as was once believed. Cobalt Kid helped to flee from the authorities, and thus, doomed himself. The very fact that they were in Dark Oval space without clearance is an act of war itself. If this Cobalt Kid was as much a hero as he proclaimed, he’d resign from his post as Security Chief immediately and give it someone not currently being charged with accessory to murder.

At the very least, I ask that you allow the two diplomatic ships containing a team of Dominion and Hrykosian attornies and ambassadors dock here on Legion World for the remainder of these proceedings.

#647514 08/17/06 01:26 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
The very fact that they were in Dark Oval space without clearance is an act of war itself.
You mean similar to the way that you traveled through United Planets space to reach Legion World, without clearance? Or similar to the way that you landed on Legion World soil, again without clearance? Or perhaps in the way that you opened this embassy, yet again without clearance.

My dear ambassador, when you speak of acts of war, perhaps you should be certain that you are not guilty of the same things.

As for your team of diplomats, they will be allowed to land. However, due to the current state of affairs between the United Planets and the Dominion, you will understand of course that they will need to remain on embassy soil for the duration of their stay unless accompanied by Legion World Security Officers.

Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs
#647515 08/17/06 02:06 PM
Lastly, the Dominion, one-fifth of the Dark Oval’s Empire, would like to extend an opportunity for the famous scientists and geniuses on Legion World to work with them on trading information that could be useful to us both, such as inter-Earth teleportation and the various items the LMB uses to increase the quality of life on Legion World. In return, we offer a variety of new technologies on electro-vegetation, anti-matter weaponry and Black-Hole technology.
*a faint voice is heard* Don't let them get the limerick technology!

#647516 08/17/06 03:25 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
*a faint voice is heard* Please take the limiric technology!

#647517 08/17/06 04:09 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Why is it that whenever I act as an ambassador I feel like I should be wearing some enormous headdress or whip my hair up into cinnamon buns?

#647518 08/17/06 04:36 PM
Why is it that whenever I act as an ambassador I feel like I should be wearing some enormous headdress or whip my hair up into cinnamon buns?
I have no doubt that you could make the look work.

#647519 08/17/06 04:44 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
If I did the cinnamon buns, I could always wear matching Brunhilda breast plates...

#647520 08/18/06 11:23 AM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Originally posted by Danger Boy:
hmmm odd, my history books never said anything about a dark oval sector.....but Ambassador Angra Metternich ? why does THAT name sound familiar. Where have i heard that name before...

curiouser and curiouser, i'd better stay hidden until more players reveal themselves especially with the few legionaires left fighting amongst themselves.
<Notices DB>

(Hm. That's odd. I wonder...with DB's history so convulted and mysterious, perhaps his origins lie in the Dark Oval? Its a possibility we've never considered, and makes more sense than an alternate reality future where he's the child of a good Red Bee and evil Banshee.)

<grin>

(Its funny that I just thought that. Better stop grinning before the Ambassador sees me...)

<flies off>

#647521 08/18/06 11:53 AM
Substitute
OP Offline
Substitute
[b] The very fact that they were in Dark Oval space without clearance is an act of war itself.
You mean similar to the way that you traveled through United Planets space to reach Legion World, without clearance? Or similar to the way that you landed on Legion World soil, again without clearance? Or perhaps in the way that you opened this embassy, yet again without clearance.

As for your team of diplomats, they will be allowed to land. However, due to the current state of affairs between the United Planets and the Dominion, you will understand of course that they will need to remain on embassy soil for the duration of their stay unless accompanied by Legion World Security Officers.[/b]
I thank you on the latter, and loathe am I to admit it, but I can see your point on the former. But I must remind you, I did these things in response to the primary invasion into Dark Oval space by members of the Legion of Message Board Posters and citizens of Legion World, and when I did them, I was forthright in my role as an ambassador, and not a warlord.

I see that Legion World lacks no amount of orators, and I am pleased. The United Planets could take a page from your book and learn from you, instead of remaining a virtually useless entity.

I await the response of Actor Lad, Kent Shakespeare and Varalent, who I have been told is substituting for Faraway Lad.

I would like to reiterate again the idea of an exchange of technology. Even more, information in general.

<looks at Danger Boy. Then at Eryk Davis Ester.>

You’d be surprised at the things we have in our records.

<At this points, more Dark Oval diplomats enter. They consist of Dominators and Hrykosians. They are dressed in paramilitary uniforms, though they carry no weapons.>

#647522 08/18/06 04:05 PM
Active
Active
From a door on the opposite side of the room enters Hrun flanked by a dozen Varagian Guards. They quickly take position opposite the Dominators and Hrykosians Eyeing them with thinly hidden contempt.

Hrun stands forth proudly at the head of the Honour Guard.

"Noble Lords, may I introduce to you my most noble lady the Princess Spellbinder"

Bring me Mead and Meat,
NOW Slave!!
#647523 08/18/06 05:23 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
*Sigh. I know this is hardly how Faraway would want this to be played out, but sometimes you just have to play the hand you are dealt.*

Ambassador, if I may, let me ensure that I have perfectly understood what you have just stated.

You have just freely admitted, without coersion, that you have committed various acts of war against the United Planets and Legion World. In excusing these acts of war, you claim that you committed these acts of war in repsonse to the "alleged" criminal activity of two individuals, neither of which has been held to have been acting in any official capacity representing the United Planets or Legion World.

Whereas whatever they are alleged to have done would have been a crime by two individuals, you have freely admitted that you committed the above referenced acts of war while acting in your official capacity as High Ambassaror from the Dark Oval.

Did I summarize that accurately enough?

In essence, you have officially declared war on behalf of the Dark Oval upon Legion World and the UP by your deliberate, illegal actions. By doing so, you have become a combatant by your own actions and have freely given up your ambassadorial rights of immunity.

Was that truly your intent? If so, you should be placed under arrest as an enemy combatant.

If not, then I hope you can clarify your position, Ambassador.

"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"
#647524 08/19/06 02:02 AM
Substitute
OP Offline
Substitute
Originally posted by Vee:
You have just freely admitted, without coersion, that you have committed various acts of war against the United Planets and Legion World. In excusing these acts of war, you claim that you committed these acts of war in repsonse to the "alleged" criminal activity of two individuals, neither of which has been held to have been acting in any official capacity representing the United Planets or Legion World.
That is an interesting point of view, human. However, I've never "alleged" any criminal activity with regards to Lard Lad and Cobalt Kid. They are clearly guilty, and I've never said anything to imply that I had any doubt about their guilt. They have murdered a sovereign leader of the Dark Oval, as well as his wife and daughter! I've shown you the proof!

Honestly, from what I've seen of your LMB, I seriously doubt that, had the same thing happened to,say, your Lightning Lad and Saturn Girl, that their deaths wouldn't have gone swiftly avenged.

I believe we are acting quite reasonably by comparison. Yes, we have acted somewhat aggressively, but we have not harmed anyone. It seems you are bent, human, on debating semantics with me.

Whereas whatever they are alleged to have done would have been a crime by two individuals, you have freely admitted that you committed the above referenced acts of war while acting in your official capacity as High Ambassaror from the Dark Oval.
Acts of war? What has the Dark Oval truly done to commit acts of war? Crossing borders? Yes, that can sometimes be construed as an act of war. But we have had no hostilities between our governments, nor have we had any with the United Planets! Your own leader Actor Lad has no problem with our recent actions...he recognizes that we are attempting to settle our dispute peacefully! Acts of war? Feh!

In essence, you have officially declared war on behalf of the Dark Oval upon Legion World and the UP by your deliberate, illegal actions. By doing so, you have become a combatant by your own actions and have freely given up your ambassadorial rights of immunity.

Was that truly your intent? If so, you should be placed under arrest as an enemy combatant.
Ridiculous! Once again, your own leader has embraced my presence here, fully aware of my "illegal" actions! Would you defy your own leader?

In that circumstance, should I be arrested...now that would constitute an act of WAR! I suggest you mind your manners and watch your words more closely!

Now, I need to know exactly how much longer it will be before the two criminals are turned over to the Dark Oval. Our patience is beginning to wear thin.....

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,022
Posts1,045,460
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
hepcatfox boy, Superboy-Supergirl
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star