Roll Call
0 members (), 7 Murran Spies, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/19/24 08:04 AM
Legion Trivia 6
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/19/24 08:04 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/19/24 08:00 AM
Kill This Thread LIII - There's a Joker in Here!
by Ann Hebistand - 05/19/24 07:50 AM
Postlo3w stories *LATEST UPDATE 19 MAY*
by razsolo - 05/19/24 06:10 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/19/24 02:53 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/19/24 02:52 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/19/24 02:52 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: INVASION Tie-In: Dark Oval Embassy - smouldering rubble
#647525 08/21/06 10:29 AM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
(Looks like Vee touched a nerve there. Unfortunately for the Ambassador, we have our own master-orators here on Legion World that won't take to bullying lying down.)

#647526 08/21/06 12:10 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by Ambassador Angra Metternich:
[QB] However, I've never "alleged" any criminal activity with regards to Lard Lad and Cobalt Kid. They are clearly guilty, and I've never said anything to imply that I had any doubt about their guilt. They have murdered a sovereign leader of the Dark Oval, as well as his wife and daughter! I've shown you the proof!
Well, you have shown us some footage that would certainly seem incriminating, taken out of context. That doesn't mean that we won't have to conduct our own investigation into this matter.

Your own leader Actor Lad has no problem with our recent actions...he recognizes that we are attempting to settle our dispute peacefully! Acts of war? Feh!
Perhaps you are unfamiliar with Legion World's political structure. Although the LMBP Leader has a seat on the Legion World Council, the LMBP do not run this planet. Any decisions made by Actor Lad regarding the extradition of any LMBP member into the custody of the Dark Oval Empire does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the Legion World Council.

Now, I need to know exactly how much longer it will be before the two criminals are turned over to the Dark Oval. Our patience is beginning to wear thin.....
My patience is beginning to wear thin as well, Ambassador. You of all people should know that the wheels of diplomacy sometimes run slowly, and these are serious charges that you are making about two highly respected citizens of Legion World. No action will be taken before we have had time to conduct our own investigations into this matter. Dark Oval punishments are a little too... permanent... for us to act rashly.

Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs
#647527 08/21/06 12:54 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Ambassador, since Actor Lad and I haven't been agreeing 100 percent on foreign policy, I've beenletting him handle negotiations, rather than confuse the talks.

But I would note that one of your constituents, this so-called 'ranger,' has made several unilateral attacks against Legion Worlders. I would suggest that it would improve the level of skepticism among our population - - and indeed among some of our elders and leaders -- if you could rein him in, or have him sent home.

The childhood friend Exnihil never had.
#647528 08/21/06 01:39 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Faraway Lad appears in the room, around the hologram it is dark, but with large flashes of light.

"Cobalt Kid, further information from behind the time mouse trappers cheese curtain of time"

Swimming into focus behind Faraway Lad a team of fire dancing morris men, are watched by Royal Flying Corps officers and War of the Roses billmen.

" I need to tell you about Space Ranger and who he is working for. You need to watch out for...."

There is a flash of light and the hologram disapears. In the room the salty tang of a blaster discharge can be smelt.

The assembled groups turn astounded to look at a weapon weilding.....

Faithfull
#647529 08/21/06 03:40 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
<Princess Crujectra leaves the Dark Oval Embassy and begins the journey across town to LMBP Plaza. Her limousine moves slowly along through traffic, and pulls onto Waid Memorial Bridge. Suddenly, laser fire comes out of nowhere, ripping through the body of the vehicle>

What the!?!?!

<Crujectra raises her arms above her head, and a surge of psionic energy rips open the roof of the vehicle. Stretching out a hand toward the limo driver, she telekinetically lifts them both from the vehicle>

[telpathy]Cobie! I'm under attack on the Waid Memorial Bridge![/telepathy]

<Unable to escape the laser fire, Crujectra and the driver take refuge behind one of the bridge's support beams>

Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs
#647530 08/21/06 03:47 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
<Cobalt sweeps in, magnetically ripping apart everything in a quarter mile distance, destroying the laster fire. Security Officers run through Legion World looking for the culprit. Cobalt flies down to Crujectra and grabs her in his arms, overly dramatic of course laugh , and flies back up to the Dark Oval Embassy steps>

Its started...

<Dark Oval 'diplomats' angrily shout at the Legion World security team, accusing them of foul play>

Any luck Crujeckie, finding the culprit telepathically? I wanted to make sure you were safe and overeacted...instead of trying to find where he was, I simply destroyed all the possible machinery that could be a laser...

#647531 08/21/06 03:53 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Ohmygod!

<Twin specially modified Berretta 9mm VLK Pistols appear as if from nowhere in EDG's Hands>

Nobody, No-One GO! Find me that shooter!

<Quickly the mini-me versions of EDE and Cobalt Kid fly in the direction of Monument Park leaving a glowing trail for EDG to follow...>

Hi! How are you?
<click-click> <span style="font-size: 15px;">BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!!</span>
#647532 08/21/06 04:03 PM
Active
Active
Hrun leaps into action as Varagian Guards surround the Dark Oval diplomats, both protecting them and preventing themfrom causing any mischief.

Hrun runs after Everyday Girl unhooking his axe.

Bring me Mead and Meat,
NOW Slave!!
#647533 08/21/06 04:08 PM
Active
Active
***Yowl***

<Stoopid Cat races through the Tesseract System heading for a designated on the opposite side of Monument Park>

The Brat and the Barbarian on one side, me on the other...

Somebody is about to have a really bad day...

<Silent Cat Laughter>

When you're in Danger or in Trouble I will be there on the Double.
#647534 08/21/06 04:14 PM
Substitute
OP Offline
Substitute
This is outrageous!

Violence in the streets of Legion World, directly in front our embassy? Either a ploy by certain sects of the LMB to discredit us, or worse, a failed attempt on the lives of humble diplomats of the Dark Oval.

Very well, lock the doors! Have food and drink prepared for our guests, though some of them come ever closer to angering me.

<the Embassy staff begin preparing Dark Oval foods and drink>

--brief word to Hrun the Barbarian—
Be careful warrior. I am not a species you are familiar with, and as exotic as I may look to you, I will not be handled by any sentient that does not wish a slow and agonizing death.

--aside to Kent Shakespeare—
Originally posted by Kent Shakespeare:
But I would note that one of your constituents, this so-called 'ranger,' has made several unilateral attacks against Legion Worlders. I would suggest that it would improve the level of skepticism among our population - - and indeed among some of our elders and leaders -- if you could rein him in, or have him sent home.
I assure you Mr. Shakespeare, I have no idea who you are speaking of. The Space Rangers of the Dark Oval are considered enemy forces and our military has been ordered to execute them on site.

<continues walking through taking note of all that is going on.>

It appears that I am quite unsafe. Perhaps I will have some of my own bodyguard join me from space?

We are a prowling lion, and we will devour you.
#647535 08/22/06 09:26 AM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
--Stoopid Cat, come in--

--Any luck? We need to find this attacker, so we can see if he's really a Dark Oval citizen. Otherwise, Metternich is blaming us for the attack.--

<turns to Crujeckie>

You ok, Jeck? The tension is buildng more and more despite all our best efforts...

#647536 08/22/06 09:31 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
<Crujectra smiles reassuringly at Cobalt Kid>

[thinks to herself] I know that Lardlad is your best friend, Cobie, but I will not let him take you down with him, even if you end up hating me for it[/thinks to herself]

#647537 08/22/06 10:03 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Ambassador Angra Metternich:

--aside to Kent Shakespeare?
Originally posted by Kent Shakespeare:
[b]But I would note that one of your constituents, this so-called 'ranger,' has made several unilateral attacks against Legion Worlders. I would suggest that it would improve the level of skepticism among our population - - and indeed among some of our elders and leaders -- if you could rein him in, or have him sent home.
I assure you Mr. Shakespeare, I have no idea who you are speaking of. The Space Rangers of the Dark Oval are considered enemy forces and our military has been ordered to execute them on site.

<continues walking through taking note of all that is going on.>

It appears that I am quite unsafe. Perhaps I will have some of my own bodyguard join me from space?[/b]
Mr. Ambassador, since the ranger is such an enemy of yours, if he takes refuge in your embassy or ships, I can assume LW security will have your full cooperation in capturing this foe of all civilizations.

The childhood friend Exnihil never had.
#647538 08/22/06 01:40 PM
Substitute
OP Offline
Substitute
I assure you Mr. Shakespeare, that should he take refuge in our embassy or ships, we'll be sending his heart to you all as a token of our appreciation. Our full cooperation, however, you will not recieve quite yet.

<food and drink begin getting served>

Now let us all sit over a meal, while that calamity continues outside. Perhaps we've all been too hasty, even ourselves of the Dark Oval. While I won't consider anything less than LardLad's neck in a space-noose, I might be persuaded on other matters if it means negociating a Legion World/Dark Oval peace treaty that did not include the United Planets.

#647539 08/22/06 06:57 PM
Active
Active
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
--Stoopid Cat, come in--

--Any luck? We need to find this attacker, so we can see if he's really a Dark Oval citizen. Otherwise, Metternich is blaming us for the attack.--
**HISS**

COBALT, we got BIG Trouble. I don't have a clue who the shooter was... I repeat WAS!

Nobody and No-One cornered some alien near your statue. But as the Brat, the Barbarian, and I closed in, a Blurry Figure raced by and hit the alien with some kind of beam.

**YOWL** Yuck whatta mess! The alien is toast and Nobody and No-One are down for the count. Neither of them look like they'll make it through the night.

I lost track of the Brat, she dropped them two Cacks, Demons, or whatever they are off with Doc One's staff at Medicus One and "Went Hunting!" Somehow she got ahold of the keys to Spacey's Cruiser and His Gun Cabinet...

Cobie I ain't seen the Brat this mad since Spacey bought the farm. And Pagan's gone to The Temple! You know what that means!

Hrun and I are in the Tesseracts trying to get a glimpse of the Brat.

**HISS**

When you're in Danger or in Trouble I will be there on the Double.
#647540 08/23/06 08:39 AM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors

*cough*

Stoopid Cat, we've got to make sure some LMBers find Everyday Girl before she does something rash--she shouldn't take on this fake Space Ranger jerk alone...

And if the assassin was himself bumped off by other assassins, we know our enemies are playing for keeps, and willing to kill each other to cover it up.

#647541 08/23/06 09:20 AM
Deputy
Deputy
<Everyday Girl sits in the pilots chair of the Space Ranger's Starcruiser.>

Ohmygod, it's a good thing Uncle Spacey was so like anal about keeping his ship's log up to date. All the settings he used to like find some other stolen Space Ranger Ships are recorded.

'Cuz according to Space Ranger HQ, the Ship ID No that jerk registered with LW Spaceport was like reported destroyed in the Dark Oval a year ago.

<Stealth Mode: ON, Auto Pilot: Combat Mode, IFF {Id Friend or Foe}: SR Recognition Only, Weapons Auto-Engage: OFF>

Okay, Mr Phony-Like-Baloney Space Ringer, let's see if I can find your real base of operations...

Hi! How are you?
<click-click> <span style="font-size: 15px;">BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!!</span>
#647542 08/23/06 10:22 AM
Substitute
OP Offline
Substitute
Honorable Ambassadors, both of Legion World and of the Dark Oval,

I address you here concerning grave matters. I want it to be known that the Dark Oval is not responsible for the ongoing destruction being caused on Legion World.

We believe this is the work of subversive elements of the Legion of Message Board Posters in an attempt to create angry sentiment against us and hinder our diplomatic efforts.

I urge you not to be fooled by these malcontents.

As this uncertainty continues outside, I invite you all to now sit and dine with, so we can conclude our negociations and ensure the safety of all parties.

<food and drink are served to the Ambassadors and leaders of Legion World and the ambassadors of the Dark Oval>

#647543 08/23/06 11:57 AM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
<Lard Lad 'ports in, his clothes ripped, his hands bloody and body covered in ash>

<points to Legion World contingent>

How can you dine while so many are dead and broken? HOW?!?! You see that black plume of smoke rising in the distance outside the window? THAT'S MY HOME! MY BUSINESS! There are hundreds dead--HUNDREDS!!!

Pardon me, but I think that diplomacy has failed!!

<turns to Metternich>

You no-good, cowardly piece of ****!!!! You're a sprockin' LIAR!!

Enjoy your meal while you can! I'm gonna prove you were behind this, and then I'll show you how I really feel!!!

<performs a mock bow to all assembled>

Enjoy the rest of your meal...hope it tastes real good!

<'ports out>

Still "Lardy" to my friends!
#647544 08/23/06 12:45 PM
Substitute
OP Offline
Substitute
Is there no end to being insulted?

I, for one, cannot see how any would doubt that that 'creature' is mad. Unable to show even a hint of decorum, he casually teleports to wherever he pleases.

Just like he teleported into the Dark Oval and assassintated one of our most celebrated leaders, Dameon Hrykos! The "man" is a killer.

I have no doubt that this bombing was done to discredit the Dark Oval. Now, I am certain that it was most likely done to by none other than LardLad himself! From a triple homicide in the Dark Oval to a mass murdering bombing on Legion World, his penchant for leaving the dead in his wake knows no end. Who else will he sacrifice to save his skin, stretched as it is?

I say you rid yourselves of this monster of a 'hero', and let the Dark Oval subject him to our own brand of punishment.

Now, I implore you all, please continue to enjoy your dinner.

#647545 08/24/06 09:07 AM
Active
Active
**Pagan Lass appears in a swirl of smoke. lying on a stretcher next to her is the Hykrosian Captain, Viccio Metternich.**

Madame Ambassador, I suggest you rethink your position on several key issues. Here is your Life-Partner. Had the plot your masters put in play been carried out, he would now be naught but a lifeless corpse.

I return him to you as a sign of our good faith.

Consider this both a gift and a warning... Your masters consider your entire party expendible if it will achieve any small advancement of their aims. To them your lives are a very small price to pay...

**Pagan Lass Vanishes in a swirl of smoke**

/ / ( . )Y( . ) \ \

What can I DO for you?
#647546 08/24/06 11:33 AM
Active
Active
[another swirl of smoke]

Greetings, diplomats of the Dark Oval and Legion World! I am Whordru, sovereign ruler of the planet Rudlab!

I have received permission from Actor Lad to attend this conference as an interested third-party power in this sector of the galaxy. Please allow me to listen to your arguments and, perhaps, lend an unbiased opinion to moderate your disputes.

What's that?

mmmmm...cake!

#647547 08/24/06 12:03 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
<Looks at Whordru with one eyebrow raised>

Apparently they're serving tart for dessert...

#647548 08/24/06 03:25 PM
Substitute
OP Offline
Substitute
Originally posted by Whordru:
[another swirl of smoke]

Greetings, diplomats of the Dark Oval and Legion World! I am Whordru, sovereign ruler of the planet Rudlab!

I have received permission from Actor Lad to attend this conference as an interested third-party power in this sector of the galaxy. Please allow me to listen to your arguments and, perhaps, lend an unbiased opinion to moderate your disputes.

What's that?

mmmmm...cake!

<ignores>

[aside]contact the Hrkosians immediately.[/aside]

Originally posted by Pagan Lass:
**Pagan Lass appears in a swirl of smoke. lying on a stretcher next to her is the Hykrosian Captain, Viccio Metternich.**

Madame Ambassador, I suggest you rethink your position on several key issues. Here is your Life-Partner. Had the plot your masters put in play been carried out, he would now be naught but a lifeless corpse.

I return him to you as a sign of our good faith.

Consider this both a gift and a warning... Your masters consider your entire party expendible if it will achieve any small advancement of their aims. To them your lives are a very small price to pay...

**Pagan Lass Vanishes in a swirl of smoke**
Thank you Pagan Lass for your efforts. Indeed, I am shocked at these events. I would like a moment with my consort if no one minds.

<exit the Ambassador, while the food continues to be served>

#647549 08/24/06 03:28 PM
Substitute
OP Offline
Substitute
--In separate room, far hidden from view--

Viccio, you fool. You have allowed yourself to be caught, and have compromised everything! Allowing a warship so close to a Green Lantern?

Look at you, you can barely stand, like some sickling.

<Ambassador's hands turn into razor-sharp sickles>

To fail the Dark Oval is to deserve death. Good bye beloved.

<Beheads Hykrosian Captain, Viccio Metternich>

Long live the Dark Oval.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,022
Posts1,045,464
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
hepcatfox boy, Superboy-Supergirl
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
CJ Taylor
CJ Taylor
Denver, CO
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star