Roll Call
0 members (), 5 Murran Spies, and 7 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/19/24 08:04 AM
Legion Trivia 6
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/19/24 08:04 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/19/24 08:00 AM
Kill This Thread LIII - There's a Joker in Here!
by Ann Hebistand - 05/19/24 07:50 AM
Postlo3w stories *LATEST UPDATE 19 MAY*
by razsolo - 05/19/24 06:10 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/19/24 02:53 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/19/24 02:52 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/19/24 02:52 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: INVASION Tie-In: Dark Oval Embassy - smouldering rubble
#647575 08/28/06 12:55 PM
Substitute
OP Offline
Substitute
A reminder, sentients: there are less than four hours left to present acceptable terms to the Dark Oval to avoid..certain ramifications. Do not bother to offer anything less than the surrender of Lard Lad and Cobalt Kid to the Hrykos Clan. We also require that the Legion World Army be disbanded until these two are securely in Dark Oval territory.

In addition, since our patience has been sorely tested here, we require you to surrender your Everyday Girl to us as well. Her actions against us have not gone unnoticed since we've been here. However, her life will be in no danger. We merely want to take her into our custody. After we've had time to question her, we will consider allowing her to return to you.

That is where the Dark Oval stands, sentients. I urge you one final time to allow us to serve justice by turning these criminals over to us. If this fails to happen within the four hours remaining, diplomatic talks will be closed. Should this happen...I can promise you that the Dark Oval will not react..kindly.

We are a prowling lion, and we will devour you.
#647576 08/28/06 01:10 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I thought Faraway brought us back 'Peace with honour' and 'Peace in our time' when he got off of the aeroplane from Munich, er I mean the Dominator homeworld.

Oh that was the alternate reality where we appeased the Dark Oval.

#647577 08/28/06 01:26 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I'm sorry, Ambassador Metternich, but Legion World does not offer up it's citizens to be used as hostages, nor will we be lowering our planetary defenses by disbanding the Legion World Army. I'm afraid that I've been more or less appalled by your "diplomatic negotiations" thus far.

And let's not forget, my dear ambassador, that I am a highly skilled telepath. Although your thoughts are somewhat shielded, I'm afraid that you've been leaking a bit, and I am well aware that you have hidden agendas here on Legion World, and all is not what it seems.

My suggestion would be for you to return to your ship to await the conclusion of our investigation, and for the Legion World Council and LMBP to decide what actions, if any, we plan to take in response to your "demands".

Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs
#647578 08/28/06 02:37 PM
Substitute
OP Offline
Substitute
I'm sorry--did you just admit to violating my mind without permission? You are freely and openly admitting that you are breaking the diplomatic code using underhanded methods to subvert the Dark Oval's wish to maintain peace in a tenuous situation?

Legion World, it is obvious that you have chosen very poorly in your selection of this female as your ambassador! The Dark Oval refuses to speak with her any further regarding any diplomatic matters! Appoint a substitute immediately, or we will consider her admitted subversion of this peaceful process to be condoned by your government!

If someone else is appointed your ambassador, we will consider extending the deadline for offering acceptable terms by at least another full terran day to allow said new ambassador time to put it together.

Otherwise, you have less than three hours until the Dark Oval declares WAR on Legion World! Are these two filthy murderers worth a very real threat to your world's existence?

Think about it, sentients. I will pray to my gods that you make the moral, peace-loving choice before things become quite...grave.

#647579 08/28/06 03:00 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Actually, my dear ambassador, I have not been attempting to "violate" your mind. As I said, your thoughts are leaking through the shielding that you've attempted to put on your thoughts. Even a telepathic infant could pick those up. Next time, I might suggest having a professional do it.

And have no fear, these "diplomatic proceedings" are through as far as I am concerned. I have far more pressing matters to attend to.

<Princess Crujectra exits the hall, telekinetically drawing the doors closed behind her>

[telepathic link] Cobie, we've run out of time. Unless you or Lardy have discovered some way out of this mess, then I'm afraid we'll have little choice left to us. In order to prevent open war, we will be forced to hand Lardlad over to the Dark Oval [/telepathic link]

Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs
#647580 08/28/06 03:21 PM
Substitute
OP Offline
Substitute
Exits to private quarter, beams up to orbiting ship. Enters holo-imaging chamber.

Lord Hrykos, this is Metternich reporting. I'm broadcasting under the secure frequency, no one can penetrate its security, regardless of whether they have magic rings or high-tech eavesdropping devices. This chamber itself is also secure.

"Yes, Ambassador. What have you to report?"

Good news! Everything goes as planned! As we suspected, Legion World has refused to turn over your brother's murderers.

"Excellent! We suspected they wouldn't hand over such prominent members of their precious 'LMB'! This will be all we need to convince the other four cartels to support a full-on invasion of Legion World. They might've been...hesitant...had we not purued 'diplomacy'!"

Yes, Lord. They would have.

"Now, we'll have the excuse we need to wipe Legion World out and pave the way for the Dark Oval's conquest of the United Planets afterwards!"

Yes! That will be glorious, my Lord! Glorious!

"My elder brother---he must have been the stupidest Hrykos clansmen in our history! But his allowing himself to be killed by that bloated whoremonger will raise the Hrykos Clan and the Dark Oval to domination of the galaxy! There is no way the savages of the Barbarian Hordes will be able to oppose us once the United Planets falls!"

Ugggh...such savages. Lord, it is quite possible
that Rudlab will assist Legion World in the upcoming conflict.

"Bah! I've analyzed their forces--they will fall with Legion World easily! In fact that will help kill two mynoks with one stone, as they say! And what of Weapon "S"? How did the test run go?"

Excellently, my Lord! When we fully unleash "S", I suspect there will be little left for our warships to clean up!

Metternich and the hologram of Lord Hrykos laugh hysterically.

#647581 08/29/06 12:40 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Well, everything appears to be ending up here!

Security Officers, LMBers, everyone! Anyone available, get here immediately! It seems that someone that is extremely powerful is attacking! We're going to need all the help we can get!!

<security officers pour in to surround Cobalt, who is bleeding from the mouth and nose>

#647582 08/29/06 12:51 PM
Substitute
Substitute
<flies in>

<rips apart security officers limb by limb>

Haha, 'someone extremely powerful'? You have no idea!

<punches Cobalt Kid in the stomach, following by an overhand blow across the back of the head>

A whole new world for me to play in laugh

This isn't where I wanted to be, but its better than the last world I tried to destroy. I'll thank the Dominion for that.

<picks up Cobalt Kid and punches him across the Embassy. Turns to other Security Officers, rips more apart limb from limb>

death becomes me
#647583 08/29/06 12:52 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
STOP!!!

All non-powered officers back away! You're being ripped apart!

<stumbles forward, cracked ribs and all>

Bastard...

<magnetically picks up debris and hurls it at Superboy Prime>

Urgh!

<flies forward and punches him in the face>

You're not the only one that increase their strength...

#647584 08/29/06 12:55 PM
Substitute
Substitute
Ha! That actually hurt...

<with both arms, smashes fists against the sides of Cobalt Kid's head>

Very heroic, but stupid. You can't face me alone, and now you'll pay for it.

<punches across the chest to push him upwards, and visciously across the face, sending him flying, and comatose.>

Haha!

death becomes me
#647585 08/29/06 12:58 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Cobie! No!!

<Crujectra, Crusader and Maxx hurry across the room. Crusader places his hands on Maxx's shoulders, willing his strength into his husband through the soul-link they share. Maxx's hands weave an intricate pattern in the air before him, and he begins to chant out an incantation>

Cobie! I won't let you sacrifice yourself... not for that murderer!

<Crujectra reaches out and wraps Cobalt Kid in a telekinetic cocoon. She pulls him back even as Maxx's Gate begins to form>

I'm taking you to one of my safehouses! I can't... WON'T... lose you!

#647586 08/29/06 12:59 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors

<fades to black. Healing powers attempt to kick-in, but have little effect>

#647587 08/29/06 01:00 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
<Crujectra wraps her arms around Cobalt Kid, her tears falling on him, and suddenly deep within her, something clicks into place>

#647588 08/29/06 01:01 PM
Substitute
Substitute
<claps hands to send shockwaves, knocking back Crusader and Maxx>

death becomes me
#647589 08/29/06 01:03 PM
Reservist
Reservist
By Ester's Nelly Cap!

This is an outrage!

<leaps down, by Crujectra's side, to defend her against Superboy Prime>

Greetings enemy of Legion World! Powerful you might be, but you will never prevail!

<unleashes Calamity blasts from eyes>

#647590 08/29/06 01:03 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
<Crujectra lashes out telekinetically at Superboy Prime, but he barely stumbles backward>

Well... crap...

#647591 08/29/06 01:05 PM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
Hey, moron?

*Superboy-Prime turns round to see Reboot, Rebooted as living Green Kryptonite, with a green-K+red-sun forcefield turned up to "full blast and then some", wallops the suddenly weakened Superboy-Prime back about three miles*

Sometimes reality punches back.

*flies off in pursuit*

My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War .
#647592 08/29/06 01:06 PM
Substitute
Substitute
<after stumbling back by combined assault of Liberty Monkey and Spellbinder, regains composure and flies high into the sky>

The streets will run red after this...

<flies down at top speed straight into the ground, sending back an enormous shockwave, knocking everyone down.>

<blows super-breath at Spellbinder>

<hurls Liberty Monkey into the air, flying away>

<suddenly sent backwards by Reboot>

death becomes me
#647593 08/29/06 01:08 PM
Substitute
Substitute
<turns around, moving at full speed>

Kryptonite here?

Bah!

<flies at top speed towards Reboot, feeling weaker as he approaches>

Aaaargh!!!

<Green K leaves burning scars on face, but is able to punch Reboot across the torso, to inflict an equal amount of damage. Both go flying in opposite directions...>

death becomes me
#647594 08/29/06 01:11 PM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
*Reboots his injury away, then flies back again, whacking him again and again, harder and harder as he gets weaker and weaker*

My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

#647595 08/29/06 01:13 PM
Reservist
Reservist
<leaps back into the fray, grabbing hold of Superboy Prime's back>

#647596 08/29/06 01:15 PM
Substitute
Substitute
ENOUGH!

<flies up into orbit, holding onto Reboot and Liberty Monkey and hurls them at the sun>

Where to visit next in this wonderful little planet?

<flies back into Legion World>

death becomes me
#647597 08/29/06 01:18 PM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
Ah, a recharge, you shouldn't have....

*grabs Liberty Monkey and teleports back*

We're going after him. Mon', keep an eye on those two.

#647598 08/29/06 01:22 PM
Substitute
OP Offline
Substitute
<All Legion World ambassadors who have eaten the Dark Oval food suddely begin to get very sick. Within moments, they lie on their death beds.>

Unfortunately, citizens of Legion World, this is the end of this Embassy, as I have intentions of staying around to be captured. While you are all busy dealing with agent 'S', we will move forward with our plans.

I have continually been poisoing Kent Shakespeare, Actor Lad, Spellbinder and Varalent since my arrival. The poison may take effect, it may not. But even if it slows you down, that'll be enough.

We are a prowling lion. And we will devour you.

<exits>

#647599 08/29/06 01:26 PM
Substitute
Substitute
<heat vision destroys the Embassy, causing it to explode>

Hahaha!

Bring on your Legions! Bring on your numbers!

death becomes me
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,022
Posts1,045,464
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
hepcatfox boy, Superboy-Supergirl
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
the boy with UltraPowers
the boy with UltraPowers
Manchester United Kingdom
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star