Roll Call
0 members (), 40 Murran Spies, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by Eryk Davis Ester - 04/28/24 09:57 AM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Ann Hebistand - 04/28/24 07:19 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/28/24 02:51 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/28/24 02:50 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/28/24 02:49 AM
Legion of Super-Heroes #7 (2020) - Preview and Spoilers
by Ann Hebistand - 04/27/24 10:06 AM
The 2nd All Avengers Thread
by Ann Hebistand - 04/27/24 10:04 AM
So, what are you listening to?
by Ann Hebistand - 04/27/24 06:34 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 29 of 31 1 2 27 28 29 30 31
Re: LMB Constitutional Convention
#650875 10/17/05 07:37 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Running consecutively would constitute a conflict of interest, since the leader has to run the next election, so I think limiting it to nonconsecutive terms would be best.

I guess when I was thinking about a sort of "pocket resignation," I wasn't thinking in terms of anyone actually stripping anything from anybody. I guess my thoughts were that if a clause like this were in place that there wouldn't be a vacuum. How about this: perhaps if there are no posts by the leader in a certain time frame, the deputy leader steps in until such time as the leader gets back? Kind of like Bush subbing in for Reagan?

4 months is good with me. That would be 3 leaders a year... I like that.

Finally, I also think there should be a mechanism by which the Leader could be removed... the LMB Supreme-Court-slash-superteam(which will also act as a balance of power to the Security Office.) Which I'm working on even as we speak. And which should be tons of fun. If folks think it's a good idea, of course. laugh

White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.
#650876 10/17/05 07:50 PM
Trap Timer
Online Happy
Trap Timer
Originally posted by Kid Prime's cocoon:
Kind of like Bush subbing in for Reagan?
But who gets to be Alexander Haig?

#650877 10/17/05 07:55 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Patience, grasshopper...

#650878 10/18/05 08:34 AM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Originally posted by Kid Prime's cocoon:
Running consecutively would constitute a conflict of interest, since the leader has to run the next election, so I think limiting it to nonconsecutive terms would be best.

I guess when I was thinking about a sort of "pocket resignation," I wasn't thinking in terms of anyone actually stripping anything from anybody. I guess my thoughts were that if a clause like this were in place that there wouldn't be a vacuum. How about this: perhaps if there are no posts by the leader in a certain time frame, the deputy leader steps in until such time as the leader gets back? Kind of like Bush subbing in for Reagan?

4 months is good with me. That would be 3 leaders a year... I like that.

Finally, I also think there should be a mechanism by which the Leader could be removed... the LMB Supreme-Court-slash-superteam(which will also act as a balance of power to the Security Office.) Which I'm working on even as we speak. And which should be tons of fun. If folks think it's a good idea, of course. laugh
It seems like we’re all coming to similar conclusions, so I’ll just add:

- Agree on Nonconsecutive terms, especially in light of Kipper’s more sensible reason.

- 4 month terms are the way to go.

- Glad to hear no one will get their powers stripped. And if the leader is missing, it shall be assumed that the Deputy Leader shall act in his stead. A deputy leader with a lot of initiative and energy should feel free to jump in if a leader is absent for awhile IMO. Ideas for a time-frame: one month?

I’m interested in the Supreme Court super-team thing too, KP. Although I’m not sure what you mean as a balance to the Security Office laugh . I see the Security Office as a FBI/CIA/NSA type agency on Legion World, that acts as more of a law-force. Pro-active in the sense that it helps maintain order on LW and ensures the safety of the everyday citizens that are in danger.

But I don’t see it at all as a judicial force making laws. Is that what you have in mind? Some type of judicial group to distinguish how certain situations fit in the confines of the law? Interested in hearing your take!

#650879 10/23/05 03:38 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
5 days, no more replies? I think the issue of LMB Leader is close to settled then, with the one aspect of a removal of leader system being set up in correlation to Kid Prime's LMB Supreme Court/Super-team idea, which he will post shortly for us.

Here’s where we stand:

On the Powers of the LMB Leader:

The LMB leader shall have the sole responsibility of conducting the next LMB leader election in a fair and impartial manner. This is the primary activity to which this sentient has been elected. All other duties, powers, privileges, and so forth of the LMB leader are entirely imaginary and should be treated as such. The post, other than the election responsibilities, is completely ceremonial. Having said that, the LMB leader, once elected, should be mindful of the trust placed in themself by the members of the LMB. While the actual powers and responsibilities of the LMB leader are largely imaginary, there is an implied responsibility which should not be overlooked: helping everyone else to have a good time. The LMB leader should, in their dealings with the other members of the LMB, always strive to hold up the values and goals of the LMB, as stated earlier in this document. The LMB leader should be mindful of the expectation that they should participate in the activities of the LMB during their term of service. Above all, the LMB leader should remember to have fun with this august (or not!) position.

Powers of the Deputy Leader
- The Deputy Leader shall act as a secondary source in running the elections, to ensure that the process is honest, as previously stated in this document.

- The Deputy Leader shall act as the leader of the LMB if the LMB Leader is absent from the group, is removed from the position of leader, or has resigned.

The Leadership Term
- No member can serve as leader for consecutive terms.

- Each leadership term shall be 4 months.

Removal of the LMB Leader
To be filled out shortly.

#650880 10/23/05 03:48 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Other topics to be settled:

- LMB Supreme Court ideas – to be given by Kid Prime shortly.
- LMB Theme Song – see below
- Oath of Allegiance to the LMB, punishment for breaking oath and process of members getting kicked out of the LMB for criminal activity. Criminal Activity would of course include inciting public riots and violence.
- Punishment of traitors or subversive criminals of Legion World. Current process is let them rot in Takron-Galtos and as of this point in time, no one has offered to change this. Of course, this would have to be its own separate function on Legion World, as the Security Office hunts the criminals down, the Judicial system would sentence them, and then there would have to be a group to oversee this process that needs to be created.

Are there any issues that I’m forgetting that people think would be a necessary addition to the Constitution?

Theme Song
This probably could use its own separate thread, and everyone could add their verse. Cool?

#650881 12/13/05 12:33 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
I am hereby calling the convention back to order, in the hopes that we can finish this, send it to the LMB for ratification, and install the new LMB government by January 2006.

Sentients, roll call!

Kid Prime reporting for duty.

#650882 12/13/05 12:58 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Cobalt Kid, reporting for duty!

(Great call Kippers! I've thought of this thread on and off repeatedly for months. You can see above and the page before that I've tried to keep things up to date so we can move forward with ease!)

#650883 12/13/05 04:47 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Yup, me too!

Umm, so what is it you want me to do Kippers? (I'm scared to ask that question to Cobster! laugh )

Legion Worlds NINE - wait, there's even more ongoing amazing adventures? Yup, and you'll only find them in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.
#650884 12/14/05 07:14 AM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
You should be wink

#650885 12/14/05 07:17 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Outdoor Miner is still here, and still representing Outdoor Miner.

Legion World's Badwill Ambassador
#650886 12/14/05 09:58 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Harbi: just general kibbitzing, really, though if you happen to run by the store, would you mind picking us up some milk?

<Runs grinning out of the convention hall>

#650887 12/14/05 10:14 AM
Fabulous and Sparkly!
Fabulous and Sparkly!
Rockhopper Lad is still here, though my home planet's name has been retconned to "Hyustyn". I'm still representing the Penguin Colonies thereon.

The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."
#650888 12/14/05 10:14 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Vu here. Lets get it on!

#650889 12/14/05 11:29 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
CJ here, representing Alt IDs here, there, and nowhere.

Just spouting off.
#650890 12/14/05 07:44 PM
Leader
Leader
Portfolio Boy here as the duly elected representative from the Fourth Estate.

Having missed the earlier debate, I'll make a motion that we start over again from the beginning.

#650891 12/14/05 08:32 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
I guess I'm in, too. :7

arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six
#650892 12/15/05 03:50 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Present (with reservations laugh )

"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"
#650893 12/15/05 05:40 AM
G
Leader
Leader
G
I, representing Grey Birdboy, move to discard any Constitution and dissolve this Convention sine die, returning Legion World to a blissful state of proper laissez-faire, self-defending-powers, untaxed anarchy.

Since it hasn't been around for two months, anyway.

Do I hear a second?

Do you hear my private army, under my ready command as a Triumvir, outside the gates?

{anti-state smile}

#650894 12/15/05 06:25 AM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
Reboot, representing my own interests.

Oh, and...
Originally posted by Greybird:
I, representing Grey Birdboy, move to discard any Constitution and dissolve this Convention sine die, returning Legion World to a blissful state of proper laissez-faire, self-defending-powers, untaxed anarchy.

Since it hasn't been around for two months, anyway.

Do I hear a second?

Do you hear my private army, under my ready command as a Triumvir, outside the gates?

{anti-state smile}
*Reboots Grey into a sparrow. With a rhino horn. Just 'cause smile *

My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War .
#650895 12/15/05 07:43 AM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Do not worry my fellow Triumvir, I feel a constitution may be an excellent addition to our society, on the condition that it gives incredible flexibility and room for growth and change. Rigid structure and rules must be fought constantly, whether with our minds, or with a vulgar display of power that only our armies can provide.

I move to continue our discussion on previous topics. In doing so, I hope for a response from a variety of posters of where they stand.

Originally posted by Cobalt Rhino:
Other topics to be settled:

- LMB Supreme Court ideas &#150; to be given by Kid Prime shortly.
- LMB Theme Song &#150; see below
- Oath of Allegiance to the LMB, punishment for breaking oath and process of members getting kicked out of the LMB for criminal activity. Criminal Activity would of course include inciting public riots and violence.
- Punishment of traitors or subversive criminals of Legion World. Current process is let them rot in Takron-Galtos and as of this point in time, no one has offered to change this. Of course, this would have to be its own separate function on Legion World, as the Security Office hunts the criminals down, the Judicial system would sentence them, and then there would have to be a group to oversee this process that needs to be created.

Are there any issues that I&#146;m forgetting that people think would be a necessary addition to the Constitution?

Theme Song
This probably could use its own separate thread, and everyone could add their verse. Cool?
Would any LMBer like to begin the Theme Song thread? We discussed this at length before, and it appeared this was our final idea.

We will await Kid Prime's ideas on the Supreme Court/Judicial aspect.

The last thing we had worked on, and pretty much completed was the powers of the LMB Leader. Here is where we stood:

----------------------------------------------

The LMB leader shall have the sole responsibility of conducting the next LMB leader election in a fair and impartial manner. This is the primary activity to which this sentient has been elected. All other duties, powers, privileges, and so forth of the LMB leader are entirely imaginary and should be treated as such. The post, other than the election responsibilities, is completely ceremonial. Having said that, the LMB leader, once elected, should be mindful of the trust placed in themself by the members of the LMB. While the actual powers and responsibilities of the LMB leader are largely imaginary, there is an implied responsibility which should not be overlooked: helping everyone else to have a good time. The LMB leader should, in their dealings with the other members of the LMB, always strive to hold up the values and goals of the LMB, as stated earlier in this document. The LMB leader should be mindful of the expectation that they should participate in the activities of the LMB during their term of service. Above all, the LMB leader should remember to have fun with this august (or not!) position.

- The Deputy Leader shall act as a secondary source in running the elections, to ensure that the process is honest, as previously stated in this document.

- The Deputy Leader shall act as the leader of the LMB if the LMB Leader is absent from the group, is removed from the position of leader, or has resigned.

The Leadership Term

Removal of the LMB Leader
To be filled out shortly.
-------------------------------------

All that remains is the removal of the LMB, which needs to be very liberal. As I stated before, I feel there might not even be a need for this clause, but am willing to listen if someone can make a good arguement. The rest of this article has pretty much been completed.

#650896 12/15/05 08:19 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
tap, tap, tap...Is this thing on?

Mister or Madame Chairman?

I have a point of order...

Hello is anbody there?...

tap, tap, tap...are you sure this is on?

"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"
#650897 12/15/05 11:59 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
WHAT HAS GONE BEFORE

The Mission Statement/ Preamble to the LMB Constitution:

We The Sentients, the heroic misfits of the LMBP, drawn together in our search for a place to share our thoughts and common interests without fear of censure, have come together to celebrate being both "on-topic" and "off -topic," to cherish the friendships we've forged that keep us together, and of course to use our powers and abilities to fight for justice throughout the universe and on our adopted homeworld, Legion World! Being also drawn together by our love of the Legion of Super-Heroes, we take a pro-active stance on involving others in Legion fandom, in doing any tiny little bit it takes to help increase the profile of the current comic book by bringing in new fans and showing them what a cool concept the Legion is--in all forms, thus actively continuing to immerse people in the fun. In all our interactions, we strive to maintain the highest respect and honor for all others and their wondrous, beautiful diversity, for it is diversity that makes our world and universe so immeaurably strange, complex, and beautiful. The LMBP means means friendship and doing away with internet formalities, and creating a real community of friends online, that have a common goal of loving the Legion. But it means so much more: the Legion has long ago become a small portion of that. It means being a place to come when you feel like you've got nowhere else to go, to discuss the various things that interest you, and it means you've decided that above all else, its much more important that everyone is having a good time together, in mutual respect, admiration, and love, without fear of censure. All are welcome here, but please play nice. Oh, and we do ordain and establish this Constitution for the Legion Of Message Boards Posters!

The Leadership Term

The Election of the LMB Leader Article:

The Powers of the LMB leader are still being decided right now. It is evident though, that the main power of the LMB leader is running the election for the next leader

Ground Rules
- One ID/Alt ID per Person is allowed to Run.
- No Alt IDs are allowed to Vote (re: One ID/Alt ID per person is allowed to vote).
- The Nomination Process shall be Public Self-nominations .

On the Leader being honest This is the role of the Deputy Leader. The Deputy leader could double-check and just ensure that there is no dishonesty going on. By making it an overt part of the process, there is no need for hard-feelings—“hey, that’s the Deputy Leader’s job, dude!”.

Process A specific alt ID, designed solely to run elections, is to be created. It shall be called “The Election Tyrant” or something like that (tribute to old Loser Lad Alt ID on DCMBs). The password is given to the Leader and Deputy Leader. The votes are sent in and tabulated. The PMs are all then subsequently erased. The leader sends on the password to the new leader and new deputy leader. They then change the password so the old leader and deputy leader no longer have it.

Why no Polls and what about Alts Well, the two people in charge (Leader and Deputy Leader) would see who were sending them the PM's for starters. This is directly the reason we cannot use the polling system. Then those two would have to consider if any were alts. Various LMBers can help, as we have a solid idea of who many of the alts are on LW.

Third Permanent Monitor A third monitor, the best choice being Spellbinder/Crujectra could also serve in the election process. Cru is a founder on LW, a longtime respected member of the LMB (from day 1, which was six years ago), and has a wide knowledge of who the alts are. Plus, Cru has been leader twice before, and has expressed that there is no longer a desire for her to run for leader again. Spellbinder would be a permanent third monitor for future elections, on the premise that she never runs again. Any real questions on an alt may then fall to her as we have a definitive way to find them if we must.

What if a PM is deleted from the Alt’s mailbox? Ah, here is the final part of the plan: A thread is created by the leader about the election. Whenever any LMBer votes (re: sending a PM to the Alt), they post in the thread saying “Hey, I voted for leader”. This allows the Deputy Leader and Crujectra to know exactly who has voted. Thus, if by some chance in hell a PM was deleted from the Alt’s mailbox, the Deputy and Cru would know, b/c they’d have a list of who voted right in front of them.

Election Sub-Clauses
The following threads to be started by election administrators
1. Election Announcement, Procedures, and Information thread
2. Debate Thread (maybe should instead be started by LMB Enquirer or other media source?)
3. Election Discussion/Endorsement Thread

+
Other Threads to be used for Campaigning
1. Each candidate is permitted one official campaign thread, started by themselves
2. The Shoutbox and signatures (in good taste and to a certain degree) are allowed for campaigning purposes.
3. Various ‘franchise threads’ can be used to discuss the election and campaigns, if the creator of the establishment allows

Security Office Article
written by Cobalt Kid and Reboot

Goal of Security Officer To Guard Legion World from: external invasions from large forces or singular beings, internal threats from persons in the act of criminal behavior.

Structure

Chief of Security: The Office of Security is headed by Cobalt Kid, the Chief of Security, which is a position he holds for life. It is not an elected position, and he cannot be removed by the LMB leader, the LMB Deputy Leader, or any member of the LMB or Legion World populace. The Chief of Security answers directly to the Security Committee on all matters that are too important for one sentient to decide.

The Dark Stu Clause: This position acts a balance to LMB leader, should the LMB leader act against the LMB, Legion World, the very spirit of the LMB or in a criminal manner at all. Therefore, the LMB Leader has absolutely no official power over the Chief of Security in security matters . However, it is LMB protocol for the Chief of Security to adhere to the rulings of the LMB leader in all other matters, and to defer to the LMB leader’s judgment when there is a crisis on Legion World involving the LMB at large.

Addendum: Outside of Legion World, the Chief of Security has no official power in the chain of command.

Addendum 2: In case of emergencies, the Chief of Security can act on his own accord without going to the Security Committee to ensure his job is done in a timely matter. He is expected to act within the limits of his job and to not over step his bounds.

Examples of when to do this: Royal Inquisitor kills Giant Squid, StuBots attack Legion World, the Red Bee buries someone alive, etc.

Security Staff
1. It is entirely up the Chief of Security to form his staff as he sees fit.

2. Space Ranger shall act as the Deputy Chief of Security, second only to Cobalt Kid, and shall assume his responsibilities as the chain of command dictates.

3. Matlock shall act as the Senior Security Officer, second in rank only to Cobalt Kid and Space Ranger, and shall assume their responsibilities as the chain of command dictates.

4. The Chief of Security may maintain two operatives at all times that remain a secret to Legion World and the LMB at large.

Security Committee
A Security Committee will oversee all major operations of the Office of Security, to ensure that the Chief of Security uses his power wisely and has balances against his control. This would include decisions to arrest and prosecute fellow LMBers and use his Security powers outside of Legion World (re: continue an investigation that leaves the Legion World premises). Further, any Security initiative involving the majority of the active LMB or Legion World population must have committee approval.

Committee Membership
Once on this Committee, these members are on the committee for a duration of their own discretion.

- This is not an elected committee, as election focuses will be on the LMB leader and Deputy Leader.

- This is not an appointed committee, as the power split between the LMB Leader and the Security Office is a central theme of the Office itself.

- If a member decides to retire from the Committee, the remaining members shall vote and appoint a new LMB representative.

- A member of the committee may be replaced if they miss 5 or more Security Committee meetings in a period of 150 days. This is entirely up to the other members of the Security Committee.

- Any member of this Committee who is elected LMB Leader or LMB Deputy Leader shall lose their place on the Committee for the duration of their term.

This committee shall include the three ranking Security Officers, with the Chief of Security as Chair. It includes:
Cobalt Kid, Chairman
Space Ranger *deceased*
Matlock
Reboot
Varalent
RTVU
Lightning Lad

Emergency Alternates: Invisible Brainiac and Fat Cramer.

note- Cobalt Kid, as Chairman only votes when there is need for a tie-breaker

Rationale: First, Reboot and Cobalt Kid’s opinions differ so greatly, and have done so publicly for so long, that there is no doubt that both can serve to temper the others extreme positions. Reboot’s involvement lends credibility to any large security initiatives. Varalent is a long time LMBer and member of the Legion World community, and has stayed active within it for some time. As a former LMB leader, he understands how things are run, and he has a distanced perspective from the Security Office, as well as an understanding of how the process works. RTVU offers fresh eyes to Security matters, while maintaining a familiarity with LMB related events. As a relatively new member in light of the entire history, as well as of not yet serving as LMB leader or deputy leader, he acts as a spokesman for newer members, albeit with a years experience in LMB matters. Lightning Lad, as a founder of Legion World, brings another important perspective to Security matters occurring there.

Psyonia Protocols
Basically, if the Security Chief and/or Security Office are deemed to be unable to perform their duties (i.e. - gone insane and stuff), Crujectra and Mykel of Psyonia (the LMBers known as Spellbinder and Crusader) will use their touchstones to channel the psionic might of the planet Psyonia (as seen in the Shadowspell OneVision ) and telepathically subdue Cobalt Kid and any member of the Security Staff seemed dangerous or incapable of performing their sworn duties. this section written by Princess Crujectra

Chip in Head Technology
As an aside, Reboot and Cobalt Kid have come to a formal understanding. The ‘Chip in Head’ technology, created by the Royal Inquisitor and the Red Bee, but recently has been confiscated by the Office of Security for other uses. This agreement states that all ‘Chip in Head’ technology is to be destroyed and the Office of Security shall no longer use it to monitor potential enemies of Legion World and the LMB. This will help further the cause of a mutually agreeable Cobalt Kid/Reboot alliance in helping reshape the Office of Security.

*note - Space Ranger: deceased*

[*Edited by Cobie - to underline, italicize, etc. for people to see better]

#650898 12/15/05 12:51 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Incidentally, all this information was copied directly from the Summary of the LMB Constitutional Convention thus far thread.

Now, here are my thoughts on what I feel should be the judicial branch of the LMB government.

The LMB-Avengers(working title)
...or some other name for the group, possibly created by one more creative than I.

Since we're all super... since this is a message board for superheroes... and since we all have our own superhero persona, I felt like what we needed as a sort of tribunal/court system is our very own superteam! Now, the LMB is of course the greatest superteam on the internet. However, it seems that as we fight crime, resolve storylines, reveal traitors, chips in head, etc etc etc, that what might be nice would be a small group of LMBers who are ready to fight the forces of evil, as well as serve in a judicial fashion.

I know we have the Security Office, and they do a good job... but I feel like maybe another LMB organization might serve as a nice check and/or balance, as well as adding to the political nuances of what goes on!

So, the LMB-Avengers...

1. Firstly, every member of the LMB is an LMB-Avenger. You join one, you join the other. There is no distinction. That way, there is no one who is in any way more privileged than anyone else. However, since it is really hard to fit 1000 super-sentients into a mansion without the use of wormholes... I propose three levels of LMB-Avenger membership. The first is inactive.

2. Inactive membership

This is the level of membership which everyone in the LMB has by default. As someone joins the LMB, they are immdiately placed on the rolls of inactive LMB-Avengers. Inactive members do not have any obligation as to the workings of the LMB-Avengers. However, they are free to upgrade their status to reserve at any time.

3. Reserve membership

This is the group of LMBers who have graciously opted to be on the list of those who may sub in for active members at any time. The idea is simple... when any active LMB-Avenger wishes to downgrade his/her/its status, the reservist at the top of the list becomes the newest LMB-Avenger in their place. Also, in emergency situations, reserve LMB-Avengers may be called upon by the active LMB-Avengers to aid in fighting the forces of evil.

4. Active membership

I propose 7 slots for active LMB-Avengers. This is a good number both for a superteam and for a tribunal. The LMB-Avengers shall have powers as follows:
They shall protect the rights of all free sentients.
They shall hear all judicial cases which may arise within the LMB membership.
They shall sentence all LMB criminals.
They shall have the power to impeach the LMB leader, but only by a unanimous vote of no-confidence.
They shall have the power to govern any and all internal affairs, including removal of active LMB-Avengers for cause, determining field leaders, etc.

5. Maintenance of active membership

Firstly, any active LMB-Avenger may step down at any time, by stating that they would like to be downgraded to reserve or inactive status. The reservist at the top of the list will step into their slot.
Because of the nature of message boards posting, there will have to be a a way for active LMB-Avengers to keep their active membership current. I suggest a "LMB-Avengers Mansion" thread in the MMB, in which all active LMB-Avengers are required to post once every week. This post can be as simple as "Hi!" It just allows the rest of the team to know you're out there and still active. If any active LMB-Avenger fails to post to the thread in a 7-day period, their status will change to "inactive." Of course, they may upgrade themselves to "reserve" at any time in the future.

6. Addenda

It is probable that the entire active membership will not be on hand to hear all judical cases, but this should not be a problem (technically, any number of LMB-Avengers present should be enough to hear a case,) except in cases of tie votes on decisions. In these cases, I suggest that the case be dismissed, just for elegance's sake. The only thing I haven't worked on is how to pick the initial 7 active LMB-Avengers, so I was hoping someone else could help me with that. And if anyone seriously just thinks this whole thing is a lousy idea, please don't be shy about speaking up. As always, my interest lies in what is good for the board, but I felt like another quasi-organization would be good for the board in mitigating the organizations already out there, and in giving more people the chance to come play and contribute with the rest of us, which has ever been my utmost concern.

Anyway, that's the judicial clause I've been working on for a while now. Love to hear your thoughts!

#650899 12/15/05 01:10 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
One question, Kippers:

Would certain people automatically be disqualified from the active members of the LMB-Avengers? For example: the leader and deputy leader of the LMB? Myself (Chief of Security)? Others?

Reading it, I kinda see this as a pro-active Human Rights organization for Legion World and the LMB too, in a way, if that makes sense. In other words, one major function is they shall protect the rights of all free sentients. - being one side of a coin, along with They shall hear all judicial cases which may arise within the LMB membership and They shall sentence all LMB criminals being the other side the same coin.

So, it's kind of like a judicial tribunal/human rights committee/internal affairs organization.

Of course, a concern I have is the overlap with the Security Office, of which the last of those three functions would have--although there isn't anything necessarily wrong with that. It makes sense that these LMB-Avengers and the Security Office would review internal threats, but from different starting points (one is judicial notions, the other criminal activity/intent).

The tribunal aspect of the LMB-Avengers would also solve the long-standing problem of what to do with prisoners. Especially since our current plan appears to be let them rot in Takron-Galtos.

OK, one more question/comment: I suggest the inclusion of Quislet, Esq. (if he'd like it) as a primary member of this notion. Whether as a LMB-Avenger or as a Defense Attorney/Prosecutor for people being reviewed by the LMB-Avengers. *Not really sure how that'd work--would it be a seperate entity to defend, or just part of the duties of the LMB-Avengers?*

Page 29 of 31 1 2 27 28 29 30 31

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,020
Posts1,044,973
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star