Roll Call
0 members (), 43 Murran Spies, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/28/24 02:51 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/28/24 02:50 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/28/24 02:49 AM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/28/24 02:49 AM
Legion of Super-Heroes #7 (2020) - Preview and Spoilers
by Ann Hebistand - 04/27/24 10:06 AM
The 2nd All Avengers Thread
by Ann Hebistand - 04/27/24 10:04 AM
So, what are you listening to?
by Ann Hebistand - 04/27/24 06:34 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/27/24 02:11 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 31 of 31 1 2 29 30 31
Re: LMB Constitutional Convention
#650925 12/19/05 10:45 AM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
I'm glad everyone is weighing in their opinions. For the most part, mine agree more along the lines as Matlock's. But I do feel that some good points have been made.

I'll be more specific.

Grey has spoken about the LMB Oath of Allegiance, something I've up until now considered entirely farsical and funny. Buuuuuut, I can't help but feel like maybe he has a good point. Maybe that going too far? Something else else quick and easy, along the lines of "May we all fight for fun and debauchery" could possibly be acceptable, but at this point, I'd be willing to forego the entire Oath unless someone can come up with something better for everyone.

For Kipper's LMB-Avengers, I can say without reservation that I know it was never his intention to make anyone feel left out or create a clique of any sort--and I'm pretty sure we all know this. That being said, if there's really such a negative reaction, maybe we should re-think it? Whether he would like to forget the whole concept or make some adaptions. Granted that this, being the internet, makes it far easier to hear rudeness in people's words when that was not what they intended, but I hope everyone recognizes the fact that something like this is supposed to be upbeat and fun.

On the difference between in-continuity stuff versus real life, well, hey, that's impossible to tell anymore. I can say that if anyone wanted to really usurp my whole Security Office bit, I'd probably be a little hurt, and in real life. But who really knows anymore? I certaintly don't, and even more, I don't even care. It's all a blurred mess and I don't think it'll ever be straitened out. But if someone really has a problem with my fictional role of Security Chief, I'd rather just scrap the whole thread (both), lock 'em both away forever and move on.

At the end of the day, I really wanted to see one real concept reviewed during this constitution: the LMB Leadership Elections and what they meant. For the most part, that has been solved, and in a way that has seemed enjoyable to people who want to be involved in the leadership elections. That's what I wanted, and I'm glad. The rest of the stuff is all 'space-fluff' to me, to borrow Scott's old phrase. I only was concerned about the Office of Security, because I felt like some people might want to disrupt the two long threads I've taken 2+ years to establish with back-story and in-jokes (the same goes with the Triumvirate, my other 'baby' thread in the MMB that I've helped raise).

I've said this earlier in the thread, however, and I'll repeat it. I think too much structure will be a bad thing. From the reactions being recieved here and privately, I'm convinced that the large majority of people agree, both LMBers old and new and somewhere in between.

#650926 12/19/05 07:28 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Originally posted by Cobalt Rhino:
For Kipper's LMB-Avengers, I can say without reservation that I know it was never his intention to make anyone feel left out or create a clique of any sort--and I'm pretty sure we all know this. That being said, if there's really such a negative reaction, maybe we should re-think it? Whether he would like to forget the whole concept or make some adaptions. Granted that this, being the internet, makes it far easier to hear rudeness in people's words when that was not what they intended, but I hope everyone recognizes the fact that something like this is supposed to be upbeat and fun.
Just to make sure I'm being clear, it's only the limit on active membership that I have trouble with, not the whole Avengers idea.

arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six
#650927 12/19/05 07:37 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by Arachne:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Cobalt Rhino:
[qb]For Kipper's LMB-Avengers, I can say without reservation that I know it was never his intention to make anyone feel left out or create a clique of any sort--and I'm pretty sure we all know this. That being said, if there's really such a negative reaction, maybe we should re-think it? Whether he would like to forget the whole concept or make some adaptions. Granted that this, being the internet, makes it far easier to hear rudeness in people's words when that was not what they intended, but I hope everyone recognizes the fact that something like this is supposed to be upbeat and fun.[/qb
If I may put forward a suggestion: A few posters aside from myself may feel a little left out of things because of the time zone difference. Perhaps a weekly update by Cobie (if he hasn't done so, already, of course)of the stuff brought up during the brainstorming sessions might be good - so that everybody can keep up, rather than spend a lot of time going through several pages of info covered the day or days before.

It sounds stupid, I know, but it's better than being "picked on" by other posters (naming no specific names, of course) over topics raised that others may have overlooked...

#650928 12/20/05 10:14 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Hmmm... maybe if I clean this place up a little some of the sillier ideas will vanish...

But, then again the silly ideas are usually the best. We only mess up when we're trying to be serious...

Decisions, Decisions...

Just an Old, Broke-Down, Drunk, Bum!!

With a Power Ring...
#650929 12/20/05 12:09 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Perhaps its time to move forward and elect a New LMB Leader? laugh

We have the process...

What we can do, at least, is make a list of any topics that people think are worth discussing, and then decide if we should add them to the 'constitution' or forego them all-together.

For instance, I see no harm at all in the LMB Song, which of course, would be a 'living document' in that people can add to it from here to eternity. The 'Oath of Allegiance', however, we can skip altogether, unless someone thinks they can make a case of its existence, that addresses the points Grey has brought up (I, for one, cannot and do not desire to do so).

#650930 12/20/05 09:10 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
With all the great filkers around here, it's be a shame not to have at least one LMB song. Maybe start a thread where they can work on it collectively.

(I, for one, have no skill in that area.)

arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six
#650931 12/21/05 08:45 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
This is what the LMBP Oath should be if its anything at all:

"I do hereby solenmly swear and attest, that as an active member of the LMBP, I will always endeavor to do my best to be at my silliest & light-hearted at all times in which I participate in MMB and LMBP events and activities.

Futhermore, I will constantly bear in mind that LMBP and MMB activities are always in jest and I will not allow myself or others to take them too seriously.

And finally, I swear that I will never take myself too seriously nor allow others to take themselves too seriously either. This is, after all, meant to be fun."

"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"
#650932 12/21/05 02:41 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
If you could put that to music, Vee, we've got the chorus of the theme song.

Holy Cats of Egypt!
#650933 12/21/05 03:49 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Back!

Sorry, folks, Christmas and all.

I think it's best to retire the LMB-Avengers stuff, honestly. As well as the Oath stuff as well. Otherwise, I think we're fairly close to being done, and I agree with Cobalt Kid that it may be time to think about having a new election now.

White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.
#650934 01/19/06 06:12 PM
#deleteFacebook
Online Shocked
#deleteFacebook
So, should I unhighlight this, or is it still ongoing?

My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War .
#650935 01/27/06 02:28 PM
#deleteFacebook
Online Shocked
#deleteFacebook
Unfeaturing...

My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War .
Page 31 of 31 1 2 29 30 31

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,019
Posts1,044,971
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Doc Nimbus
Doc Nimbus
Founder's Falls, Paragon City
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star