Roll Call
1 members (Eryk Davis Ester, Eryk Davis Ester), 121 Murran Spies, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by Ann Hebistand - 04/28/24 11:11 AM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Ann Hebistand - 04/28/24 07:19 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/28/24 02:51 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/28/24 02:50 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/28/24 02:49 AM
Legion of Super-Heroes #7 (2020) - Preview and Spoilers
by Ann Hebistand - 04/27/24 10:06 AM
The 2nd All Avengers Thread
by Ann Hebistand - 04/27/24 10:04 AM
So, what are you listening to?
by Ann Hebistand - 04/27/24 06:34 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
The Lonely Hearts Club
#677635 10/16/04 01:37 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Come drown your tears and mend your broken heart at the swankiest new club on Legion World.

Unlike most bars and "scenes" in the real world, Lonely Hearts caters to the "nice guys" and "good girls" who have more charisma in their little pinkie toe than a whole "in-crowd" put together!

Share your tale of woe or cruise the club for a hidden treasure, while the haunting melodies of the mellotron soothes you.

Re: The Lonely Hearts Club
#677636 10/16/04 01:50 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I like this club! Miss T is the most indie-rawk babe around!

My lonely heart? Yeah, it's beating. I just checked.

Sometimes I wonder if it will EVER finally have repaid the debts of sins past and be allowed to love again.

Until then, I remain a member of this club!

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#677637 10/16/04 01:56 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I recently became reacquainted with a girl I graduated from high school with after 12 years, and I realize that I still have feeings for her. I had a huge crush on her in school, and I'm pretty sure she liked me, but for some reason it never happened back then. She was with someone, and I was with a few different girls (not at the same time mind you), and the timing just never worked out where we were both single at the same time (or in the same place, once I went away to college). After awhile we drifted apart, as I became involved in a serious relationship which lasted for several years, and she went on to get married, and then divorced.

Anyhow, a few weeks ago I ran into her at a birthday party for another high school classmate and right away all of those feelings that I had for her came flooding back. And judging by the way she acted towards me, I think she still has some feelings for me. The problem is she's living with another man, and they seem to be pretty happy together. The last thing I want to do is get in the way of her happiness, but I just don't know if I can live with myself if I lost out *again*.

So, I'm torn. Should I just be content to be friends and have her in my life again? Should I tell her how I feel and take the chance of alienating her and losing any chance for even a friendship? Aaargh! This sucks!

#677638 10/16/04 01:59 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I canceled my first real date in 8 months last night. One of my best friends arranged it and I had looked forward to it all week. But I woke up Friday absolutely dreading it. I called him and gave a bunch of excuses but the truth is I'm just not ready to be available to anyone. I love flirting on-line but I'm so withdrawn in real life it's troublesome.

Feh! Lonely hearts space-rawk!

#677639 10/16/04 02:02 AM
Active
Active
This is Terry (I'm booting Sara off to post): Be upfront with her Bill. Tell her everything you told us. Say that you had feelings for her, you realize they never went away, but you don't want to ruin anything that she has going. If you see her a lot and feel that this will make you and her uncomfortable, then you have to re-assert the task at hand, but you have to look out for yourself, you can't be happy with such a big burden.

#677640 10/16/04 02:02 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I hardly go out at all anymore. Whenever I do all I meet are washed up booze-hags and other assorted space-trash. Where did all the nice girls go...?

#677641 10/16/04 02:04 AM
Active
Active
Terry again: I understand completely, I need another in my life to make myself happy, and I never even try, if someone comes to me, that's fine, but I feel like I sabotage it. Crap Sara wants back on.

#677642 10/16/04 02:05 AM
Active
Active
Terry and Sara: HEY!!!

Terry: Bill!

Sara: I'm gonna kick some ass!

#677643 10/16/04 02:05 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Miss T, I feel your pain.

Sometimes I wonder WHY I get all spruced up and go out and stuff when I'm usually more content hanging out online.

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#677644 10/16/04 02:07 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I appreciate the advice Terry.

If she wasn't in a relationship I'd have no problem telling her how I feel. I just don't know if I'm comfortable doing that since she's living with this guy. They're obviously fairly committed, and I care too much about her to cause her that type of pain, and I know in the face of that I really don't stand much of a chance. It just sucks because I know we'd be good together.

#677645 10/16/04 02:08 AM
Active
Active
That's it, me and Terry are going out tomorrow, picking up guys and losing our virginity.

#677646 10/16/04 02:09 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Anybody want to whack him for me???

#677647 10/16/04 02:11 AM
Active
Active
Whack who, is that another term for doing it, cause I'm gonna get some tomorrow so I can be just as slutty like the other girls at school.

#677648 10/16/04 02:12 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Erm. No. That's not what I meant...

#677649 10/16/04 02:15 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My brother calls me a f. hag all the time. Maybe it's because he was my father figure (he's 10 years older) and I just love him madly. But I have trouble relating to straight men. I'm terribly passive-aggressive and it usually wrecks things. I come on too sexy at first (because I think all men are ruled by their penises) but I'm also more talk than walk. Not to mention that I find a ga-zillion people and projects to put before any personal relationship. How's it working for me? Not well.

I wish life was more scripted. tongue

#677650 10/16/04 02:21 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I definitely put work before my social life, which makes no sense since my job sucks and the company doesn't do anything for me to deserve such loyalty.

When I'm not at work I'm usually too wiped out to do anything other than relax at home and get ready to go back to work. It's been this way for so long that even when I do have the free time to go out and interact with other people (like this week when I was off all week) that I rarely ever do.

#677651 10/16/04 02:26 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Feh! To Lonely Hearts! cheers

#677652 10/16/04 02:26 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I just feel so BORED with it all.

I want, just one more time, to feel that excitement in my heart again. No s#!+... the excitement you can get from someone you're crazy about just holding your hand.

But I guess that's something special reserved for those who haven't spat in Cupid's face...

Golly!! It feels GREAT to vent here!!! Thanks again, Miss T!

#677653 10/16/04 02:27 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gary needs to create a :jaded: graemlin for us Lonely Hearts! *tee hee*

#677654 10/16/04 02:27 AM
Active
Active
Lou's a lounger like myself.

#677655 10/16/04 06:38 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Member Wolf:
Gary needs to create a :jaded: graemlin for us Lonely Hearts! *tee hee*
But which character to choose? We already have a Gates graemlin.

Can I be the club's mellotron player?

Legion World's Badwill Ambassador
#677656 10/16/04 08:44 AM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
My love life has been a mess for a few months. I hope no one minds if I vent it here.

I've been with my girlfriend for three and a half years, and sometimes I just feel so trapped in the relationship, and that I'm too young to be so committed. I mean, I don't wanna be married for a LONG time! Plus, we were fighting a lot all summer (almost every day) because we were both stressed out about looking for jobs and we only saw each other about once a week.

Then there is this girl at the bar I work at, one of the bartenders about five years older than me is totally gorgeous and one of the most fun people I've met in a long time. She also has a boyfriend. Well, I was hanging out with my friends from the bar (waitresses, bartenders, etc.) a lot this summer and we hung out a lot. We clicked instantly, and it was obvious there was some sort of connection between us.

Well, one night it happened and we were at a party, took a long walk away from everyone else along the beach with a bottle of vodka (couldn't make it *too* romantic tongue ) and had a great night together. I actually wrote about this in the poetry thread awhile ago. We didn't know what to do, since we both were in serious relationships, but eventually we called each other again and then started 'seeing' each other a lot more.

It was amazing, and an August I'll never forget. But it was also guilt-filled, sneaky and left my totally unsure of what I wanted anymore. Even worse: her boyfriend is kind of my friend now and works with us both at the bar, and she and my girlfriend get along great. We only really 'hooked up' a handful of times, but we spent a lot of time together and hung out every night, emailed and text messaged all day everyday and stuff like that.

Well, it had to end, so it did. The problem is that now I can't get her out of my mind and wish it didn't end. And I feel guilty about the whole thing. And my problems with my g/f come and go, just like her problems with her b/f do too. We don't hook up anymore (haven't for awhile) and are really just good friends, but the fact that I see her so often leaves me wanting her at the same time and wanting to get passed these feelings.

Ugh. I try not to think about it a lot.

#677657 10/16/04 09:19 AM
Trap Timer
Online Happy
Trap Timer
Originally posted by Member Wolf:
Share your tale of woe or cruise the club for a hidden treasure, while the haunting melodies of the mellotron soothes you.
Seems appropriate:

Nights in white satin,
Never reaching the end,
Letters I've written,
Never meaning to send.

Beauty I'd always missed
With these eyes before,
Just what the truth is
I can't say anymore.

'Cause I love you,
Yes, I love you,
Oh, how, I love you.

Gazing at people,
Some hand in hand,
Just what I'm going thru
They can understand.

Some try to tell me
Thoughts they cannot defend,
Just what you want to be
You will be in the end,

And I love you,
Yes, I love you,
Oh, how, I love you.
Oh, how, I love you.

#677658 10/16/04 09:30 AM
Active
Active
"What Is Love?" A philosopher once asked.

The humans in the room struggled to answer that question. His cat merely rolled her eyes, gave a short burst of <silent cat Laughter> and wandered away.

The cat knew something that humans struggle to understand.

Love and sex are two completely different subjects, and neither has very much to do with romantic entanglements (which are usually created by preexisting notions or fantasies that one human has about another human, IE, He/She is sooo hot! He/She must be a great lover. OR! He/She is such a dog! Who would want to hook up with that?) and/or the potential for future happiness.

I've been watching Abin and Pagan for several cat years now and I can tell you that if nothing else...

(wait for it)

Human Mating Rituals are

When you're in Danger or in Trouble I will be there on the Double.
#677659 10/16/04 09:43 AM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Stoopid Cat, I've always laughed at you saying that before, but this time...I think I agree...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,020
Posts1,044,974
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
AndrewNolan
AndrewNolan
Pennsylvania
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star