Roll Call
0 members (), 24 Murran Spies, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/11/24 09:37 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/10/24 04:47 PM
Kill This Thread LII - The End of the Deck of Cards
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/10/24 04:29 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/10/24 02:58 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/10/24 02:56 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/10/24 02:55 AM
Legion Trivia 6
by thoth lad - 05/09/24 03:34 PM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: Legion article in new wizard...the future looks ...very different
#69755 07/01/04 07:57 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
The founders & Tinya and Lu make the most sense, as they were the first.

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#69756 07/01/04 08:06 AM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
Originally posted by Kid Prime:
I also find the inclusion of the flight ring to be fairly telling. It means that we're joining the "new" team some time after their creation, possibly?
My impression has always been that we are going to be joining the story in media res. I believe Waid said something in the initial interview to the effect that they were going to wait awhile to reveal the origin of the new team.

#69757 07/01/04 09:22 AM
A
Active
Active
A
I do like that picture. Makes me think of waking from a bad dream.

I want to say it's Cos, Luornu or Violet, Garth, and Imra in the image, but they could each really be just about anyone. Maybe that's RJ Brand in the middle.

#69758 07/01/04 11:09 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Judging from the lighting and colouring, it's a blonde gal in the middle, or fair-haired at least. The gal on the end is brunette. I'm guessing Imra then a more kick-nass Tinya. I got to go with Jo on the end, and Garth in the middle.

I'm stoked about Waid's words. He's a good writer, and he's bound to make these characters interesting to me. As for what's come before, he won't likely trash it, just tweak them is all. I have no doubt that this time next year, we'll all be enjoying the title as much as we have before.

Just spouting off.
#69759 07/01/04 11:15 AM
A
Active
Active
A
Is that a feather on the chest of the middle female?

#69760 07/01/04 11:22 AM
Leader
Leader
RE: THE PIC

Still sticking with Jo, Imra, Garth, Tasmia front row,

But based on perspective, I have to say that is Gim in the back row between Jo & Imra.

Around his waist area is a weird outline. Not sure if supposed to be part of his costume or the outline of someone else's head.

So, if I am right, the first BIG SPOILER is... GIM IS BACK!!!!

#69761 07/01/04 11:28 AM
Not much between despair and ecstacy
Not much between despair and ecstacy
The image does look good. I like it that it's unclear who the Legionnaires are. It keeps us guessing. smile

Waid's comments seem calculated both to keep us on edge and (oddly) to reassure us that it's not going to be another wholesale reboot ... anything to keep us wanting to know more. So, I wouldn't put too much stock in his words, or those of Kitson or the editor, yet. Their primary job at this point is to sell the series to a hungry but jaded fan base. So far, it looks like they've succeeded.

As far as the changes to be wrought, since Waid made the reboot much better than I thought it could be, I'm giving him more than the benefit of a doubt.

Check out my new Power Club website!

The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that
#69762 07/01/04 12:07 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Anybody else think the second character from the right in the front row might be Superboy?. I see a cape and a slight bulge around the waist which might be Superboy's belt. (I do also recall LL having a cape originally, but I don't recall if he had a belt.) Anyway, if it is Superboy, I hope it's a version Kal-El, who also has an active career as Superboy in the 20th century.

#69763 07/01/04 12:41 PM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
I just remembered that Faraway saw the B&W version of this @ Bristol.

Here's what he posted:

Originally posted by Faraway Lad :
But now some new Legion stuff. Quite rightly in my mind Barry did not want to give things away, he wants people to judge for themselves once the book in in their hands. I know I know, I told him you lot would be salivating for pointers at this stage and would spend hours and hours pouring over every little pronouncement he made looking for clues.

A couple of things he did say (and has told me I can tell you) were that this is not a reboot, deboot or any other form of footware. smile This is Mark and his take on a series they are both big big fans of. They want it to be a success, by which I think they mean both critically and in terms of sales. If it sells they are in for the long haul.

Apparently when they pitched the idea to DC and Paul Levitz they were expecting to get about 70 to 80% of what they wanted. Paul loved the ideas so much that he give them all they wanted and asked for more. So maybe, just maybe, we are going to see something good.

Now for the bit I have seen and (most of)you haven’t. Barry had with him the fully pencilled and inked drawing that is going to appear in this months Wizard. He wouldn’t let me buy that one though.

You’re going to love it and hate it. faint

Your going to love it because of the skill of the penmanship and because it is a real heroic piece.

Your going to hate it because it’s a absolute bugger of a tease. There are no ways to identify who is who in the picture so the fans are going to go ape shit trying to guess who the silhouettes are. There are a few clues, (a lightning flash on one) but otherwise its all up for grabs. As a way to make people sit up and take notice of the new series it’s a winner. Remember though, it is a tease picture, it may not be the final thing.

And finally Barry has asked me to tell everyone on LW that he’ll do his best to post but please don’t think he’s ignoring us if he goes quiet for a while as he has real world stuff to do.

My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War .
#69764 07/01/04 01:16 PM
Reservist
Reservist
For some reason, and I have absolutely NOTHING to support this, when I first saw the pic, I immediately associated the female on the right to be Dawnstar.

I don't believe Shikari is Reboot Dawnstar, but looking back at the pic, it strikes me that it could be Shikari after all...I mean, everyone would expect Tinya, but Shikari? That'd pull the wool over everyone's eyes!

"Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."
#69765 07/01/04 01:40 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
You know... my first thought was Shikari.

#69766 07/01/04 01:47 PM
Leader
Leader
Originally posted by Semi Transparent Fellow:
Anybody else think the second character from the right in the front row might be Superboy?. I see a cape and a slight bulge around the waist which might be Superboy's belt. (I do also recall LL having a cape originally, but I don't recall if he had a belt.) Anyway, if it is Superboy, I hope it's a version Kal-El, who also has an active career as Superboy in the 20th century.
I still think that's Garth in a silver age version costume. That would have the cape and the "wedgie-bulge."

#69767 07/01/04 03:15 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Is the second from the right guy Proty? laugh

#69768 07/01/04 03:24 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Originally posted by Pex the Unalive:
For some reason, and I have absolutely NOTHING to support this, when I first saw the pic, I immediately associated the female on the right to be Dawnstar.

I don't believe Shikari is Reboot Dawnstar, but looking back at the pic, it strikes me that it could be Shikari after all...I mean, everyone would expect Tinya, but Shikari? That'd pull the wool over everyone's eyes!
I still think Shikari has to be the reboot Dawnstar. Having two female flying trackers is a bit much otherwise. I understand that a lot of flack was taken for Dawnstar having the fringe on on costume because it was too stereotypical. It seems like Shikari was a way to get around that problem and have a character who isn't human.

Dan
#69769 07/01/04 03:36 PM
Active
Active
Originally posted by Obadiah Oldbuck:
Originally posted by Semi Transparent Fellow:
[b]Anybody else think the second character from the right in the front row might be Superboy?. I see a cape and a slight bulge around the waist which might be Superboy's belt. (I do also recall LL having a cape originally, but I don't recall if he had a belt.) Anyway, if it is Superboy, I hope it's a version Kal-El, who also has an active career as Superboy in the 20th century.
I still think that's Garth in a silver age version costume. [/b]
Maybe the new Legion will continue with the post-boot characters but they will have more of a silver age look. I still think that is Adv. #247 Imra in the middle and as someone mentioned the shadowy figure next to her is probably Luornu but now depicted with her cute silver age flip hair style.

The poster formerly known as Carggaphile.
#69770 07/01/04 04:16 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Ultra Boy, Quantam Queen, Stone Boy AND Kinetix!

Let the Fun Begin!
#69771 07/01/04 05:40 PM
Substitute
Substitute
Let's see my guess would be...........

Wait&See Lass, IDontKnow Lad, WellFindOut Girl and ICantWait Boy!! laugh laugh laugh laugh

ChameleonBoy

---Changing my Personal Circle with Courage and Love---
#69772 07/01/04 06:04 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Toying with the image a bit it looks like "Garth's" right arm is bare and he's wearing some sort of armband (tip: try adding a dodge layer for heightened contrast after resizing 200%; you'll see more detail).

"Imra" looks peculiarly bottom-heavy. That, and she stole my hairstyle. I want the dark-haired woman to be Shikari or Umbra, but I'm thinking a more amazonian Tinya. The guy on the left with the "L" belt is up for grabs, imo. Reimagined Cos hopefully to complete the founder threesome, but it's impossible to tell.

#69773 07/01/04 06:57 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Waid's a good, no, a great writer, but I'd really rather he build from what has gone on in the reboot than start from scratch. Geez, I'll probably pull all my hair out by the roots wondering who will make the jump to the new series and who will get left behind. I'm pretty excited, but I'm also a bit worried- but if Kinetix, Xs and Gates make it, I'll be pretty happy. smile

#69774 07/02/04 12:12 AM
Active
Active
Hi Guys - Sorry it's taken me a while to respond, but I'm really glad most of you liked the image! smile

That was done specifically for Wizard - it's not a cover for the series, but a deliberate 'teaser' I guess, which it seems to have succeeded in being judging by the speculations in this thread.

We'll have to debate the whole 'reboot' controversy when the series is out - but I certainly take issue with anyone suggesting I would deliberately lie to you - I have not and will not!

It is great to read that so many of you are looking forward to the series though - I'm sure we'll have lots more contentious points to discuss before long!

BTW Some of you were right about the characters in the picture
poke

Cheers
Barry

www.barrykitson.com
#69775 07/02/04 12:35 AM
Active
Active
oops! Sorry had to post another reply so I could tick the email notification box...keep forgetting that! smile

Apologies if I sounded a bit 'prickly' about the reboot or not, thing - it's just a bit frustrating not being able to defend yourself because you can't give anything away about the actual series. Probably I should have kept quiet in the first place...ah well, live and learn... smile

Cheers
Barry

www.barrykitson.com
#69776 07/02/04 05:34 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Barry -- since I had taken issue with your "reboot or not reboot" comment I'll say that I was responding to the need for you guys to shield the facts from us at this early juncture. While it's certainly understandable for you guys to do that this early in the game, I think some people might have been mislead by your comment despite your intentions (it sounded to me like a vague non-answer, but sometimes a "wait and see" will serve).

I for one certainly never meant to accuse you of lying, simply "playing the game" by being evasive. Thanks for continuing to stop by though and no matter the speculation I hope you don't feel you have to defend yourself personally -- it's all in good fun around here.

#69777 07/02/04 06:15 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by Barry Kitson:
oops! Sorry had to post another reply so I could tick the email notification box...keep forgetting that! smile
You can also use the "Subscribe To Topic" link at the bottom of a thread for the same purpose, without the need to reply.

#69778 07/02/04 06:40 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
So Barry. Since the piece was for Wizard, do you still have it? Any plans on selling it?

#69779 07/02/04 06:43 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Now when I saw the black and white version of this at Bristol Barry told me the characters were................................... wink

(joke!)

However, I am just as prone to useless speculation as the next guy so my first reaction was (left to right, front row)
Superboy, Saturn Girl, Lightning Lad and (terraformed) Kinetix. That made Barry smile but pro that he is he gave nothing away.

Having seen the coloured version and listened to the posts here, I am tempted to think that it could be Cos on the left.

As for the stories i am firmly in the wait and see camp.

DC's number 1 comic? Its possible with this creative team.

Faithfull
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,021
Posts1,045,250
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Luck Lad
Luck Lad
Vancouver, BC
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star