Roll Call
1 members (Lard Lad), 33 Murran Spies, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/10/24 04:47 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/10/24 04:33 PM
Kill This Thread LII - The End of the Deck of Cards
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/10/24 04:29 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/10/24 02:58 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/10/24 02:56 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/10/24 02:55 AM
Legion Trivia 6
by thoth lad - 05/09/24 03:34 PM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Legion article in new wizard...the future looks ...very different
#69705 06/30/04 02:42 PM
Substitute
OP Offline
Substitute
New Wizard has a new preview of the Waid/Kitson Legion series plus a cover? Im a little nervous this time that favorite characters might be gone or changed to we cant tell who's who. Iv'e been reading this book since 1978 and this "reboot" might change everything down to the core!

Some blurbs from the article called Legion Lore

. Mark Waid says "this time next summer Legion of Super Heroes will be DC's number one book"

. Dan Didio "gave Waid a blank slate to build the team and the entire 31st centuryfrom the ground up"

. Waid "you will see VERSIONS of the big Legion guns like Saturn Girl, Lightning Lad, et al, but Waid warned "there's no guarantee you'll recognize them" Were messing with character looks, the makeup of the team and the worlds they come from.

. first issues - A first kiss, a first meeting, and a blow out fight between members. The goal is to keep readers on there toes!

Re: Legion article in new wizard...the future looks ...very different
#69706 06/30/04 03:01 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Oy vey. "Blank slate", "messing with the characters". Wake me when this nightmare is over. :rolleyes:

#69707 06/30/04 03:07 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Good golly Miss Molly! Why do they always think they have to completely reinvent the wheel. Just give us some good, well crafted stories, with appealing art and the Legion will do just fine! mad

If you want to change everything why even bother calling it the Legion of Super Heroes. Just create a new team with new names and new origins and call it something else.

LEAVE MY LEGION ALONE! mad

"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"
#69708 06/30/04 03:24 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
From Wizard #154, August 2004 -

[Linked Image]
<font size="8">LEGION LORE</font s>
<font size="6">Waid, Kitson provide future forecast</font s>

<font size="6">M</font s>ark Waid makes quite a boast about his upcoming stint on DC's new Legion of Super-Heroes series:
"This time next summer, it will be DC's No. 1 book."

Quite a proclamation about a series that normally resides near the 90s in Diamond's Top 100. Even Waid himself admits that, "Legion, for whatever reason, has been synonymous with impenetrable. Our first, last and most important goal is to change that."

To that end, come December with Legion of Super-Heroes #1, DC gives Waid and artist Kitson (Empire) a blank slate to build the team and the entire 31st century from the ground up.

Proclaimed DC's V.P. of Editorial Dan DiDio, "As we continue to reexamine the storylines and direction of our series in current continuity, it only makes sense that we see changes in the DCU of the future as well."

Waid concurred, adding, "This gives us the perfect launching pad for a new take on the future. It's the same thing I do in Fantastic Four-let's pretend we're reinventing it brand new from the ground up to make it accessible, but still keep that sense of history."

To that end, you will see versions of the big Legion guns like Saturn Girl, Lightning Lad, et al, but Waid warned, "there's no guarantee you'll recognize them. We're messing with character looks, the makeup of the team and the worlds they come from. There's constant friction between them and the United Planets. They're indie rock, and as soon as they sign to a label, their integrity is gone."

Not only does Waid have some housecleaning to do, he's got to put on an addition as well. "We're bumping up the page count to 30 pages each issue," explained Waid. "That will give us plenty of elbow room to handle the big cast. We can do the big action sequences and still have room for the character-driven stuff. There's no excuse for there not being a major event every issue, be it a first kiss, a first meeting, a blowout fight between member. That's the goal-keep readers on their toes."
ANDY SERWIN
Okay. Now I'm worried. I suggest that Waid stop trying to re-invent the wheel and just tell us some good LEGION stories about the characters that we know and love. If you write it they will come. This kind of crap is just turning me off. I don't think I'll like the new series. frown

#69709 06/30/04 03:27 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Oops! Looks like you guys took the words out of my mouth as I was typing that up.

#69710 06/30/04 03:31 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
I dunno. If we're not going to get the original Legion back (and we're not, without *massive* changes in DC's attitude), I'd just as soon see a radically different continuity and version of the team than continue on with the current version, which in so many ways just feels like a hollow shell of the classic Legion.

I'm remaining cautiously optimistic.

#69711 06/30/04 03:35 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
cool image .... btw !!!!

and the LEGION look sexy !!!!

i for one, can't wait to see what this new series brings to the teams mythos !!!!

i have actually pretty much enjoyed every version of the LEGION over the years, and i have every faith in MARK WAID to return the magic .....

Matthew.

#69712 06/30/04 03:46 PM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
[Linked Image]

Guessing as much as anything else, but Cos, Imra, Garth and Tinya in the front row?

My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War .
#69713 06/30/04 03:53 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Originally posted by Sanity or Madness?:
[Linked Image]

Guessing as much as anything else, but Cos, Imra, Garth and Tinya in the front row?
i was thinking along those lines !!! but that pose for "Tinya" looks too powerful, don't you think ???

more like a "supergirl" type character ......

Matthew.

#69714 06/30/04 04:00 PM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
What's getting me overall about this, is how in every interview, Waid's been selling the relaunch as being a blank sheet of paper, no connection to what's gone before, etc...

...then Barry's come along behind and said, in posts @ Newsarama, posts here, etc; yes it is the same continuity, yes these are the same characters.

Seems odd, almost some sort of disconnect.

My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

#69715 06/30/04 04:09 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
What's getting me overall about this, is how in every interview, Waid's been selling the relaunch as being a blank sheet of paper, no connection to what's gone before, etc...

...then Barry's come along behind and said, in posts @ Newsarama, posts here, etc; yes it is the same continuity, yes these are the same characters.

confused guess we'll just have to wait an see ......

Matthew.

#69716 06/30/04 04:12 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Originally posted by Varalent:
[quote]If you want to change everything why even bother calling it the Legion of Super Heroes. Just create a new team with new names and new origins and call it something else.

LEAVE MY LEGION ALONE! mad
i agree with Vee, this is just like what Marvel is doing with the Starjammers, they've rectoned the whole thing, no relation to the X-men,no Corsair, no Shi'ar empire, only the name is the same. but i will remain optimistic.

Judging yourself right is a
destination, i'm just on a journey

http://pnubaumturk.deviantart.com/
#69717 06/30/04 05:49 PM
Deputy
Deputy
I love it. I'm proud to be a part of it. I can't wait for this.

I'm overly optimistic, and I'd like to predict that the people here who already don't like it will be changing their minds. And I liked the re-boot. That's what got me into the LoSH. I may have to take up customizing again.

By the way, I'm a Cubs fan and always have been... So really, what do I know?

It's next year Baby!

Something Filthy!
#69718 06/30/04 06:34 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
DC's # 1 title???

QUITE a boast... and not one you see every day.

I'm interested to see if Waid can put into practice what he is preaching.

They couldn't have selected a better teaser image. It's lovely.

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#69719 06/30/04 06:57 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
The proof will be in the pudding.

If the stories are good, whether or not it's a reboot won't matter

If they aren't, whether or not it's a reboot won't matter.

Will it sell? I honestly have no idea.

Legion World's Badwill Ambassador
#69720 06/30/04 07:10 PM
Active
Active
My first gut reaction to this was dismay and apprehension at what Waid and Kitson will be bringing. But think about it -

Kinetix = big naked troll doll

Sensor = blotchy snake-girl with purple hair and a bad attitude

Element Lad = crazed murderer with a god-complex

Ferro = wimp

Violet = giant mute

XS = missing in action

Apparition & Ultra Boy = tedious beyond belief

Saturn Girl = shameless hussy

If we made it through all of that and still remain loyal Legion fans, than we can at least give Waid's interpretation a try. If you go into it expecting nothing less than your ideal of the proper way to write the Legion than you will be disappointed. But if I can go in realizing that there will be changes, that the Legion might not be the exact same as I'm used to, but that the underlying concept is still there, then I just might be able to enjoy the series.

I really don't think that the above problems can be fixed in a way that would satisfy longtime readers adn increase sales so that the ongoing Legion would remain viable. Maybe a new take on the Legion is what is needed right now. I'm still confused as to wether it's a reboot or a relaunch, and that still makes me very nervous. But, I am willing to give this a try.

#69721 06/30/04 07:20 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer

Sounds like the same old hype machinery to me -- tell the die-hard fans that they're not getting the shaft, that the things we love won't change, but tell the public that it's brand spanking new to draw in possible new readers.

I'm just a tad disappointed that Kitson gave us that oh so political "we're not thinking in terms of a reboot" line - sounds like a reboot to me! At least lay the truth on us if you're gonna say anything at all. He's ready to testify before congress with that line wink .

#69722 06/30/04 08:16 PM
Active
Active
I like the cover - but isn't it vaguely reminiscent of Legion #1's cover - shadowy Legionnaires stepping into the light.
If that is indeed Imra in the middle - it looks like she might be in her Adventure #247 debut outfit.
I'm nervous about the idea of tampering with home worlds and powers and such - but I would be even more nervous if individual personalities are going to be tampered with. It's their personalities that make these characters who they are - beyond their individual powers. Timber Wolf - hothead, Wildfire - wise-cracker, Cosmic Boy - staid and stable, Umbra - arrogant and flinty. If Dreamer is going to be portrayed with Bouncing Boy's persona - it ain't going to work.
Like most, I'm ambivalent about change - part of me finds it exciting, another part doesn't want to let go of established history. Even if that established history includes Snekkie and Zombie Zoe.
However, I have to admit, I wouldn't mind seeing Luornu's powers beefed up a bit so that she can receive some of the respect that other more powerful characters have always enjoyed in the past.

The poster formerly known as Carggaphile.
#69723 06/30/04 08:44 PM
Substitute
Substitute
Hey you guys, now don't go getting all pessimistic about all this. How do you know that Mark won't bring Jeckie back as a human and Tyroc as the leader of the Legion of Super Heroes. You don't know untill it happens and if he can grab new readers attention like he did over at Marvel's Fantastic Four (to the point of making the title so popular they have 3 titles per month) then I'm all eyes for this.

I would say that Imra is definitely on the cover shot there and who know's maybe she's the one with the short bob!! laugh Mark DID mention that there were BIG changes coming in the way of looks as well as origin, so hold tight and watch out, the Legion of Super Heroes is back come December!!

Hey, at least they look adult-ish!! Many of you as well as I, were worried that they would come back as tiny teens or something but no prepubescent teenager is going to have boobs like that female character shot in the front or legs that well developed like the male left front. I can make out some pretty 'adult-ish' qualities in just about every memeber there. Kinda sorta! laugh

So I think this will be worth the wait!! laugh

ChameleonBoy

---Changing my Personal Circle with Courage and Love---
#69724 06/30/04 09:02 PM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
Originally posted by The Man From Cargg:
However, I have to admit, I wouldn't mind seeing Luornu's powers beefed up a bit so that she can receive some of the respect that other more powerful characters have always enjoyed in the past.
What would you do though? If you go full-on Myriad with her, you lose the tri-personality that makes her an interesting character. And if you give her generic energy blasts/other duplicated/psionic power,... well what is the frelling point?

#69725 06/30/04 09:06 PM
Active
Active
holy korbal!!! does anyone else see a lightning bolt on the busty female's thigh? the revamped spark? or lightning lad? or is that just stylized fabric wrinkles? it's nice to see the flight ring and "L" belt . too bad we don't see some non-humanoid silhouettes. c'mon barry give us some sketches!!!!

Gorilla Nebula
#69726 06/30/04 09:08 PM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
[Linked Image]
Originally posted by Gorilla Nebula:
holy korbal!!! does anyone else see a lightning bolt on the busty female's thigh? the revamped spark? or lightning lad? or is that just stylized fabric wrinkles? it's nice to see the flight ring and "L" belt . too bad we don't see some non-humanoid silhouettes. c'mon barry give us some sketches!!!!
It's a fabric wrinkle, I'm pretty certain. But the guy to her left has a clearer bolt on his chest...

#69727 06/30/04 09:09 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
Re: Luornu.

Personally I never thought the tri-personality was that great an addition to the character. Myself I think it weakens her. I think some of the interpretations of her that have surfaced on this board, for instance that fighting her is not liking fighting three people but instead like fighting one person who is in three places at once, are far more interesting. Let her be one consciousness spread out over three bodies.

#69728 06/30/04 09:16 PM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
Re: Luornu.

Personally I never thought the tri-personality was that great an addition to the character. Myself I think it weakens her. I think some of the interpretations of her that have surfaced on this board, for instance that fighting her is not liking fighting three people but instead like fighting one person who is in three places at once, are far more interesting. Let her be one consciousness spread out over three bodies.
Well, when she's written well, she's both. I mean, what's tri-jitsu if it's not three people acting as one smile . Neutral, Orange and Purple should never be three seperate people, but three distinct aspects of the one person.

But really, if you write her simply as the same person×3, outside of fight scenes, the occasional cutesy "one ends a sentence another began" and bad sex jokes, what unique aspects would there be to her?

#69729 06/30/04 10:02 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I just better not have to wait another five frelling years or whatever to see Wildfire again - he spent enough time on the shelf during most of TMK and almost all of Archie Legion (Waid wrote a bunch of the reboot and never reintroduced him, which leaves me a tad worried...).

#69730 07/01/04 12:04 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
My guess is Garth, Imra, Jan, and Andromeda in the front row.

Let's remember that this "article" is nothing more than a 100-word blurb in the same rag of a magazine that gave us the scoop on the "Thunderbolts" several months before it came out, and guess how wrong they were? I take a lot of the stuff written in Wizard with a grain of salt. And I trust Waid's avowed love of the Legion more than to think he's going to be portraying Imra as a black woman from Thanagar and Jo as a giant badger from Captain Carrot's continuity.

Little faith here, folks?

White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.
#69731 07/01/04 12:10 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
My ONLY fear re: this possible reboot is having to wait years for characters to be introduced... AGAIN.

I mean, characters like Tenzil, Dirk and Laurel may have been mishandled in the reboot, but at least they were THERE. WILL they be there, now.... at all?

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#69732 07/01/04 12:15 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I also find the inclusion of the flight ring to be fairly telling. It means that we're joining the "new" team some time after their creation, possibly?

#69733 07/01/04 12:18 AM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
I'm overly excited for this. I trust Waid more than I do most of the current writers for either of the big two, and it seems like there is a concerted overall effort on DC's part to make LoSH a major selling title--something that has not been done in a LONG time.

I'm optimistic and can't wait. Make it sell, make it fun and make it good. I'm tired of my favorite title being a 'fan-elitist' book, unpenetrable to the broader public and constantly on the verge of a reboot or cancelation.

#69734 07/01/04 12:19 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I do believe that's the safest way to go.

And if characters such as Matter-Eater Lad, Infectious Lass and Calamity King are already members, well... I'll be the first to administer Mark's nightly footrubs...

#69735 07/01/04 12:25 AM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Although Drura and especially Calamity King will probably take longer to get to, I really, really, really hope Tenzil is a part of it. After all, he was a Legionnaire for twenty years before ever leaving!

#69736 07/01/04 12:28 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Tenz, Dirk and Chuck all deserve to be there in their super-powered glory.

Yes, I admit, even before Drura.

#69737 07/01/04 12:30 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Along with the oft-overlooked sweet Gim Allon.

#69738 07/01/04 12:32 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
And can I get a single "AMEN!" for the original male Kid Quantum, complete with stasis-field powers and no whacked-out time-power nonsense???

#69739 07/01/04 01:18 AM
Active
Active
I think this sounds sensational: everything the Legion reboot should have been.

I am extremely excited about this new "Chapter" in legion history.

#69740 07/01/04 01:54 AM
Deputy
Deputy
Waid is a great writer and Kitson is a tremendously strong artist so I'm defo optimistic....

#69741 07/01/04 01:57 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I always get a little kick out of what strong reactions Legion fans have to even the smallest preview information/images.

This time, I actually feel pretty excited about all the upcoming material. We'll see how cool is is when it's actually out there...

#69742 07/01/04 04:20 AM
Deputy
Deputy
Barry, Mark has already let a few of the cats out of the bag: alt-versions of Brainy, Saturn Girl and Lightning Lad. Let's see some sketches of THEM at least ... pleeeeeze.

#69743 07/01/04 05:41 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
My guess is that they're using the trip into the past to change the future to what they want it to be.

Changes in the past affecting future events, and making our Legion look a little different.

I'm hesitantly hopeful right now...after the last reboot, I'm a little wary, but will definately give it a chance.

Active LMB character is still Beast Boy.

#69744 07/01/04 05:50 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I gotta say - I am REALLY looking forward to this relaunch! Waid, Kitson and Didio sound like they are putting A LOT of time, energy and thought into this title and that's something its been desperately needing for a long time.

When I first heard about the relaunch I was a little angry but the more I thought about it the more I asked myself 'Why?'. I have been actively disliking this comic for a long time now and I truly feel that all the early promise of the reboot has long been squandered. There is SO MUCH I now dislike about the current Legion's universe and history and have come to the conclusion that a restart is the best and only way to go.

I just hope they don't muck it up again!

And 30 pages per issue?!? That's fantastic news! Finally we can get some characterisation - possibly the Legion's best asset, and something DnA have been incapable of giving us since Legion Lost.

And if they could please bring back Gim Allon and make Jeckie human again then all will be right in the world.

Good luck Barry and Mark!

#69745 07/01/04 05:59 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I like the idea of stretching out the page count but what will that do to the price? Will DC raise it by a quarter? Or will they leave it as is?

As for the changes, I'll reserve my judgement until I read the final product. Not that I won't be pissed if they mess with Garth's background but I'll wait to see what they do.

#69746 07/01/04 06:32 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Well, I was optimistic, but if I have to relive the beginning of the Legion all over again in a "new and fresh" take, I'll vomit. Waid should avoid interviews.

I just want Legion stories dammit! Ever since Byrne remade Superman, we've had people trying to re-invent the initial magic. Just build upon what's established already! NO BLANK SLATES!

OH! And you can have Gim, Jeckie, etc. without a reboot.

#69747 07/01/04 06:44 AM
The Present is Past
The Present is Past
Too true, Nighty. All I can say is most of what's already been said: I think it's a beautiful picture and I know as a Legion-fan I'll definitely be giving this a try no matter what.

I trust both Waid and Kitson. I believe what Kitson said is true...that we'll be with the postboot characters...but chances stand we'll be missing some time from them or having some sort of side-effects from their trip to the 21st century to renovate the team a little. Waid's quotes, along with the short article in Wizard, is pretty much just hype in my eyes. Spice it up all you can without giving away any details. Seeing how we're still many months from this new series...I'd almost prefer to wait and get spoilers or comments like this until we're about a month or so away when more information and possibly some preview artwork could be displayed. As long as I know the Legion is continuing, it's not so bad being left in the dark over being teased! Now I have a million and one possibilities going through my head about what might happen! wink

Whatever the case, the more I think of what we have now at the close of The Legion book, the more I realize I wouldn't mind a new look or a revised Legion. This one's been fun, but I'm at that stage of the book like I was before DnA came in where I want more things to be 'fixed' than introduced. Many of the characters haven't really sung to me like they used to, and there's plenty of facets, power-ups, and feature characters I'd like to see take a back-seat or become more defined and better applied...something I feel Waid can do given some time.

As for the sales...whoo boy. I know this will sell decently and hopefully be a great series, but I'll believe it's DC's #1 book when I see it! Good luck to our new creative team, regardless!

#69748 07/01/04 07:02 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Issue #34 is a good example of how to add to the magic and tell a great story using the established, current continuity and characters. Let's see more of that.

Waid and Kitson should spend their lead time trying to figure out ways to fix Jarth, etc. organically and not use another reboot. It's lazy, not creative, and boring. Been there, done that. I can think of a thousand ways to use what we've been given so far.

Trust me, I was singing their praises during the last article. But I'm feeling less and less optimistic.

#69749 07/01/04 07:09 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Don't misunderstand my comments, I WILL be reading the series and WILL give it a chance. It's just frustrating that they always seem to resort to rebooting these days...it's the newest crutch in the comics industry. Didn't get it right? Throw everything out and start over

Why can't they just take the lore of the Legion and write good stories? No need to change it, just improve the storytelling.

#69750 07/01/04 07:26 AM
Leader
Leader
FWIW: Front row (L to R) looks to me like Jo, Imra, Garth, Tasmia.

#69751 07/01/04 07:35 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
OO, that was my first thought too. Especially the Tasmia on the end. I just wish that subscribers got their copies BEFORE the comic shops. I'm still waiting on my issue to show up in the mail.

#69752 07/01/04 07:36 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Re: The image -

Cosmic Boy (in a more traditional, less blue wink costume), Kid Quantum (in a less thong based attire), Lightning Lad (in a first appearance inspired outfit), and Saturn Girl (in a pink bikini).

#69753 07/01/04 07:55 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Yeah, that could be KQ but I don't think it's Imra on the right. Also, like others, my initial take was Tinya but it looks more like Tasmia to me.

I think it's probably Cos, SG, Garth, & Tinya with Lu being the 5th figure slightly behind Cos & SG (check the hair outline)

#69754 07/01/04 07:56 AM
Substitute
Substitute
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
I like the idea of stretching out the page count but what will that do to the price? Will DC raise it by a quarter? Or will they leave it as is?
It'll probably by around 1/2 dollar more that the current price. That'll be 8 more pages added in so I would guess that's about right!

ChameleonBoy

#69755 07/01/04 07:57 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
The founders & Tinya and Lu make the most sense, as they were the first.

#69756 07/01/04 08:06 AM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
Originally posted by Kid Prime:
I also find the inclusion of the flight ring to be fairly telling. It means that we're joining the "new" team some time after their creation, possibly?
My impression has always been that we are going to be joining the story in media res. I believe Waid said something in the initial interview to the effect that they were going to wait awhile to reveal the origin of the new team.

#69757 07/01/04 09:22 AM
A
Active
Active
A
I do like that picture. Makes me think of waking from a bad dream.

I want to say it's Cos, Luornu or Violet, Garth, and Imra in the image, but they could each really be just about anyone. Maybe that's RJ Brand in the middle.

#69758 07/01/04 11:09 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Judging from the lighting and colouring, it's a blonde gal in the middle, or fair-haired at least. The gal on the end is brunette. I'm guessing Imra then a more kick-nass Tinya. I got to go with Jo on the end, and Garth in the middle.

I'm stoked about Waid's words. He's a good writer, and he's bound to make these characters interesting to me. As for what's come before, he won't likely trash it, just tweak them is all. I have no doubt that this time next year, we'll all be enjoying the title as much as we have before.

Just spouting off.
#69759 07/01/04 11:15 AM
A
Active
Active
A
Is that a feather on the chest of the middle female?

#69760 07/01/04 11:22 AM
Leader
Leader
RE: THE PIC

Still sticking with Jo, Imra, Garth, Tasmia front row,

But based on perspective, I have to say that is Gim in the back row between Jo & Imra.

Around his waist area is a weird outline. Not sure if supposed to be part of his costume or the outline of someone else's head.

So, if I am right, the first BIG SPOILER is... GIM IS BACK!!!!

#69761 07/01/04 11:28 AM
Not much between despair and ecstacy
The image does look good. I like it that it's unclear who the Legionnaires are. It keeps us guessing. smile

Waid's comments seem calculated both to keep us on edge and (oddly) to reassure us that it's not going to be another wholesale reboot ... anything to keep us wanting to know more. So, I wouldn't put too much stock in his words, or those of Kitson or the editor, yet. Their primary job at this point is to sell the series to a hungry but jaded fan base. So far, it looks like they've succeeded.

As far as the changes to be wrought, since Waid made the reboot much better than I thought it could be, I'm giving him more than the benefit of a doubt.

Check out my new Power Club website!

The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that
#69762 07/01/04 12:07 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Anybody else think the second character from the right in the front row might be Superboy?. I see a cape and a slight bulge around the waist which might be Superboy's belt. (I do also recall LL having a cape originally, but I don't recall if he had a belt.) Anyway, if it is Superboy, I hope it's a version Kal-El, who also has an active career as Superboy in the 20th century.

#69763 07/01/04 12:41 PM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
I just remembered that Faraway saw the B&W version of this @ Bristol.

Here's what he posted:

Originally posted by Faraway Lad :
But now some new Legion stuff. Quite rightly in my mind Barry did not want to give things away, he wants people to judge for themselves once the book in in their hands. I know I know, I told him you lot would be salivating for pointers at this stage and would spend hours and hours pouring over every little pronouncement he made looking for clues.

A couple of things he did say (and has told me I can tell you) were that this is not a reboot, deboot or any other form of footware. smile This is Mark and his take on a series they are both big big fans of. They want it to be a success, by which I think they mean both critically and in terms of sales. If it sells they are in for the long haul.

Apparently when they pitched the idea to DC and Paul Levitz they were expecting to get about 70 to 80% of what they wanted. Paul loved the ideas so much that he give them all they wanted and asked for more. So maybe, just maybe, we are going to see something good.

Now for the bit I have seen and (most of)you haven&#146;t. Barry had with him the fully pencilled and inked drawing that is going to appear in this months Wizard. He wouldn&#146;t let me buy that one though.

You&#146;re going to love it and hate it. faint

Your going to love it because of the skill of the penmanship and because it is a real heroic piece.

Your going to hate it because it&#146;s a absolute bugger of a tease. There are no ways to identify who is who in the picture so the fans are going to go ape shit trying to guess who the silhouettes are. There are a few clues, (a lightning flash on one) but otherwise its all up for grabs. As a way to make people sit up and take notice of the new series it&#146;s a winner. Remember though, it is a tease picture, it may not be the final thing.

And finally Barry has asked me to tell everyone on LW that he&#146;ll do his best to post but please don&#146;t think he&#146;s ignoring us if he goes quiet for a while as he has real world stuff to do.

#69764 07/01/04 01:16 PM
Reservist
Reservist
For some reason, and I have absolutely NOTHING to support this, when I first saw the pic, I immediately associated the female on the right to be Dawnstar.

I don't believe Shikari is Reboot Dawnstar, but looking back at the pic, it strikes me that it could be Shikari after all...I mean, everyone would expect Tinya, but Shikari? That'd pull the wool over everyone's eyes!

"Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."
#69765 07/01/04 01:40 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
You know... my first thought was Shikari.

#69766 07/01/04 01:47 PM
Leader
Leader
Originally posted by Semi Transparent Fellow:
Anybody else think the second character from the right in the front row might be Superboy?. I see a cape and a slight bulge around the waist which might be Superboy's belt. (I do also recall LL having a cape originally, but I don't recall if he had a belt.) Anyway, if it is Superboy, I hope it's a version Kal-El, who also has an active career as Superboy in the 20th century.
I still think that's Garth in a silver age version costume. That would have the cape and the "wedgie-bulge."

#69767 07/01/04 03:15 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Is the second from the right guy Proty? laugh

#69768 07/01/04 03:24 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Originally posted by Pex the Unalive:
For some reason, and I have absolutely NOTHING to support this, when I first saw the pic, I immediately associated the female on the right to be Dawnstar.

I don't believe Shikari is Reboot Dawnstar, but looking back at the pic, it strikes me that it could be Shikari after all...I mean, everyone would expect Tinya, but Shikari? That'd pull the wool over everyone's eyes!
I still think Shikari has to be the reboot Dawnstar. Having two female flying trackers is a bit much otherwise. I understand that a lot of flack was taken for Dawnstar having the fringe on on costume because it was too stereotypical. It seems like Shikari was a way to get around that problem and have a character who isn't human.

Dan
#69769 07/01/04 03:36 PM
Active
Active
Originally posted by Obadiah Oldbuck:
Originally posted by Semi Transparent Fellow:
[b]Anybody else think the second character from the right in the front row might be Superboy?. I see a cape and a slight bulge around the waist which might be Superboy's belt. (I do also recall LL having a cape originally, but I don't recall if he had a belt.) Anyway, if it is Superboy, I hope it's a version Kal-El, who also has an active career as Superboy in the 20th century.
I still think that's Garth in a silver age version costume. [/b]
Maybe the new Legion will continue with the post-boot characters but they will have more of a silver age look. I still think that is Adv. #247 Imra in the middle and as someone mentioned the shadowy figure next to her is probably Luornu but now depicted with her cute silver age flip hair style.

The poster formerly known as Carggaphile.
#69770 07/01/04 04:16 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Ultra Boy, Quantam Queen, Stone Boy AND Kinetix!

Let the Fun Begin!
#69771 07/01/04 05:40 PM
Substitute
Substitute
Let's see my guess would be...........

Wait&See Lass, IDontKnow Lad, WellFindOut Girl and ICantWait Boy!! laugh laugh laugh laugh

ChameleonBoy

#69772 07/01/04 06:04 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Toying with the image a bit it looks like "Garth's" right arm is bare and he's wearing some sort of armband (tip: try adding a dodge layer for heightened contrast after resizing 200%; you'll see more detail).

"Imra" looks peculiarly bottom-heavy. That, and she stole my hairstyle. I want the dark-haired woman to be Shikari or Umbra, but I'm thinking a more amazonian Tinya. The guy on the left with the "L" belt is up for grabs, imo. Reimagined Cos hopefully to complete the founder threesome, but it's impossible to tell.

#69773 07/01/04 06:57 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Waid's a good, no, a great writer, but I'd really rather he build from what has gone on in the reboot than start from scratch. Geez, I'll probably pull all my hair out by the roots wondering who will make the jump to the new series and who will get left behind. I'm pretty excited, but I'm also a bit worried- but if Kinetix, Xs and Gates make it, I'll be pretty happy. smile

#69774 07/02/04 12:12 AM
Active
Active
Hi Guys - Sorry it's taken me a while to respond, but I'm really glad most of you liked the image! smile

That was done specifically for Wizard - it's not a cover for the series, but a deliberate 'teaser' I guess, which it seems to have succeeded in being judging by the speculations in this thread.

We'll have to debate the whole 'reboot' controversy when the series is out - but I certainly take issue with anyone suggesting I would deliberately lie to you - I have not and will not!

It is great to read that so many of you are looking forward to the series though - I'm sure we'll have lots more contentious points to discuss before long!

BTW Some of you were right about the characters in the picture
poke

Cheers
Barry

www.barrykitson.com
#69775 07/02/04 12:35 AM
Active
Active
oops! Sorry had to post another reply so I could tick the email notification box...keep forgetting that! smile

Apologies if I sounded a bit 'prickly' about the reboot or not, thing - it's just a bit frustrating not being able to defend yourself because you can't give anything away about the actual series. Probably I should have kept quiet in the first place...ah well, live and learn... smile

Cheers
Barry

www.barrykitson.com
#69776 07/02/04 05:34 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Barry -- since I had taken issue with your "reboot or not reboot" comment I'll say that I was responding to the need for you guys to shield the facts from us at this early juncture. While it's certainly understandable for you guys to do that this early in the game, I think some people might have been mislead by your comment despite your intentions (it sounded to me like a vague non-answer, but sometimes a "wait and see" will serve).

I for one certainly never meant to accuse you of lying, simply "playing the game" by being evasive. Thanks for continuing to stop by though and no matter the speculation I hope you don't feel you have to defend yourself personally -- it's all in good fun around here.

#69777 07/02/04 06:15 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by Barry Kitson:
oops! Sorry had to post another reply so I could tick the email notification box...keep forgetting that! smile
You can also use the "Subscribe To Topic" link at the bottom of a thread for the same purpose, without the need to reply.

#69778 07/02/04 06:40 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
So Barry. Since the piece was for Wizard, do you still have it? Any plans on selling it?

#69779 07/02/04 06:43 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Now when I saw the black and white version of this at Bristol Barry told me the characters were................................... wink

(joke!)

However, I am just as prone to useless speculation as the next guy so my first reaction was (left to right, front row)
Superboy, Saturn Girl, Lightning Lad and (terraformed) Kinetix. That made Barry smile but pro that he is he gave nothing away.

Having seen the coloured version and listened to the posts here, I am tempted to think that it could be Cos on the left.

As for the stories i am firmly in the wait and see camp.

DC's number 1 comic? Its possible with this creative team.

Faithfull
#69780 07/02/04 06:47 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
So Barry. Since the piece was for Wizard, do you still have it? Any plans on selling it?
HEY eek

I asked first mad

Race you for it Scooter, first one round to Barry's house with the dirty oncer's gets it. laugh

hug hug LL

Faithfull
#69781 07/02/04 06:56 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Hey!

Well you probably did see it first after all. That just means when I get to meet Barry later this month I'll try to pick up another original piece. laugh

#69782 07/02/04 07:24 AM
Active
Active
Glad you like the art so much!
I'd like to hang on to it for a while as my first piece of LSH artwork, it might well find a place on my wall....but thanks for asking! smile

Cheers
Barry

www.barrykitson.com
#69783 07/02/04 07:38 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
So Barry will you be doing any sketches at the convention in San Diego? I just want to know how early I need to line up to be able to get one.

#69784 07/02/04 07:41 AM
Deputy
Deputy
Barry,

GREAT illustration for Wizard. My heart leapt when I saw it, and it took me a day or two to figure out exactly why.

I started reading the Legion in 1973 during the Cockrum/Grell era. I was six years old. What distinguishes that era for me was the POWER the Legionaires displayed with these illustrators (and Starlin and Sherman as well!). The Legionaires were no longer the miniature adults competing via parliamentary procedure to be leader of the Honor Society of Space of the Adventure series. They were the embodiment of a new youth culture that was edgy, hip, unexpected, defiant, self-assured, powerful, impulsive and sexy (but not slutty, well maybe Dream Girl). The Legionaires of that era could die, could kill (by accident or by design), could obsess about unobtainable love, could be accused of murder, could go insane, and could look really hot in the process. That feeling of the unexpected -- that the Legionaires were powerful young people acting boldly in a strange and often dangerous future world -- was what hooked me from the first page.

For all the wonderful story-telling that has come since, that sense of bigness and boldness has rarely been present for me. The large cast often made reading Legion feel like playing toy soldiers -- lots of small figures spread across the bedspread, losing their power and individuality.

So, seeing these back-lit, upshot figures striking a defiant pose really got me. I hope with the increased page count and your dynamic style you and Mr. Waid can give the Legionaires back some of the power and danger they conveyed all those years ago. I am really looking forward to it.

...but you don't have a moment where you're sitting there staring at a table full of twenty-five characters with little name signs that say, "Hi, my superpower is confusing you!"
#69785 07/02/04 08:20 AM
Active
Active
Hi Doublechinner
They were the embodiment of a new youth culture that was edgy, hip, unexpected, defiant, self-assured, powerful, impulsive and sexy (but not slutty, well maybe Dream Girl). The Legionaires of that era could die, could kill (by accident or by design), could obsess about unobtainable love, could be accused of murder, could go insane, and could look really hot in the process. That feeling of the unexpected -- that the Legionaires were powerful young people acting boldly in a strange and often dangerous future world -- was what hooked me from the first page.
I think you just summed up exactly what we're aiming for! smile

Hi Lightning Lad - unfortunately I shan't be able to make it to San Diego this year - for very 'real life' reasons sadly. Sorry to let you down, but when I do make it there again (next year for sure) I'll have a sketch ready prepared for you! By the time it rolls around I'm sure I'll have a good idea which character you'd like from our on line chats.
I will however be at Wizard World in Texas in November - along with LSH editor Steve Wacker and quite possibly Mark too! So if any of you can make it there I'll look forward to seeing you!

Cheers
Barry

www.barrykitson.com
#69786 07/02/04 08:35 AM
Leader
Leader
Originally posted by Faraway Lad:
Having seen the coloured version and listened to the posts here, I am tempted to think that it could be Cos on the left.
I'm telling you guys, It's Jo. You can see the sun glinting off of the cureved upper portion of his belt. He's the only one with a belt like that.

Waid MUST lurk here. I imagine he's having a giggle-fit that 9/10 of this thread is us arguing/debating who's who in the pic. =)

#69787 07/02/04 08:36 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I'm sorry to hear you won't make it Barry. And I hope the real life reasons are not family emergencies or health related.

I do appreciate the offer of a ready to go sketch (of Lightning Lad of course smile ) but I won't hold you to remember that for a year. I'm not sure I can afford Texas after going to San Diego but if the Legion crew is going to show up maybe I can arrange to have a work related trip around the same time. laugh

#69788 07/02/04 08:50 AM
Substitute
Substitute
Hi Barry,

Can you tell us one little thing.............

Is Wildfire part of the equation from the beginning or will it take a while for him to appear AGAIN??

Best wishes! :-)

ChameleonBoy

#69789 07/02/04 09:29 AM
Reservist
Reservist
And so the discussion rages on!

Saw the teaser, and like any hardcore Legion-addict, I'm super-teased!

So they're messing with looks and histories per the blurb. I agree with some of the posts I read that it seems our pleas to DC for attention to be given to Legion has materialized. It's good to see that they're not focusing solely on Superman or Batman or JLA.

However it goes, this has my support all over it!

Igee The Mighty!
#69790 07/02/04 09:52 AM
A
Active
Active
A
Originally posted by Tromium Crystal:
The guy on the left with the "L" belt is up for grabs, imo. Reimagined Cos hopefully to complete the founder threesome, but it's impossible to tell.
His hair sure makes me want to think Element Lad or Sun Boy, though.

#69791 07/02/04 09:56 AM
Leader
Leader
I bought the Wizard yesterday to get a better look and its such a wee little picture! I was envisioning a bigger pic to run a bunch of electronic tests for pixelated clues but alas, all we have to go on is a tauntingly tiny teaser!

#69792 07/02/04 10:01 AM
Deputy
Deputy
Originally posted by Awkward Pause Boy:
[b] The guy on the left with the "L" belt is up for grabs, imo. Reimagined Cos hopefully to complete the founder threesome, but it's impossible to tell.
His hair sure makes me want to think Element Lad or Sun Boy, though. [/b]
Hmm... Sun Boy. That would be lovely. I'm finally feeling a little flicker of hope for our beloved E-Lad, too.

#69793 07/02/04 11:53 AM
Active
Active
I haven't seen the printed picture, sorry to hear it was so small - Steve Wacker told me he thought they printed it rather smaller than he's expected.
Anyway it's great to read how much enthusiasm it's engnedered! smile

Hope to see you in Texas then Lightning Lad! smile

Cheers
Barry

www.barrykitson.com
#69794 07/02/04 11:58 AM
Reservist
Reservist
Trust me gang, the relaunch is going to be BIG!

#69795 07/02/04 12:04 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
I always trust guys in silly metal robot suits!

#69796 07/02/04 01:26 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
That is wise. OptimusPrime

#69797 07/02/04 06:56 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I'm not sure I can afford Texas after going to San Diego but if the Legion crew is going to show up maybe I can arrange to have a work related trip around the same time. laugh
Let me know if you do. I had considered going to Chicago to hook up with some friends at Wizardworld but that appears to have fallen through. As a result, I may have enough left in the coffers for a Texas trip come Nov.

Legion World's Badwill Ambassador
#69798 07/02/04 07:45 PM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
I haven't seen the printed picture, sorry to hear it was so small - Steve Wacker told me he thought they printed it rather smaller than he's expected.
Have you got a scanner? smile

#69799 07/03/04 12:55 AM
Active
Active
I do have a scanner smile I'll see if I can find someone at Wizard who can give the go ahead to let me 'publish it' here!

...not that I think it'll make the character spotting much easier smile

Cheers
Barry

www.barrykitson.com
#69800 07/03/04 06:14 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper

...not that I think it'll make the character spotting much easier smile
Yeah but think how much fun we'll have arguing over pixels of info! laugh

#69801 07/05/04 05:53 PM
Active
Active
i still think that's a lightning bolt on the female on the right's thigh. AND i think that it's a new look for XS!!!
considering Waid's love of the Flash, and that he created XS and Impulse, it makes sense that she'd be featured. Anyone agree with me? i'd love to Jenni with long hair whipping around at top speed.

Gorilla Nebula
#69802 07/05/04 06:12 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Your XS theory DOES make sense.

#69803 07/05/04 07:16 PM
Deputy
Deputy
i still think that's a lightning bolt on the female on the right's thigh. AND i think that it's a new look for XS!!!
considering Waid's love of the Flash, and that he created XS and Impulse, it makes sense that she'd be featured. Anyone agree with me? i'd love to Jenni with long hair whipping around at top speed.
Could be XS for all I know, but the pattern seems to be a trick of the light, which is shining directly on the right side of her body. The pattern conforms to her curves, imo.

[Linked Image]

#69804 07/05/04 07:22 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Possible armband detail on male; bottom-heavy female.

[Linked Image]

#69805 07/05/04 07:55 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
Jeepers! I'm almost certain I see a Preztorian demon in one of the light patterns on the rightmost females legs!

No doubt it's the reboot Command Kid!

#69806 07/05/04 11:52 PM
Active
Active
Darn! I didn't think anyone would spot that demon...or the unicorn! smile

Cheers
Barry

www.barrykitson.com
#69807 07/06/04 04:51 AM
Active
Active
[b] i still think that's a lightning bolt on the female on the right's thigh. AND i think that it's a new look for XS!!!
Could be XS for all I know, but the pattern seems to be a trick of the light, which is shining directly on the right side of her body. The pattern conforms to her curves, imo.

[Linked Image] [/b]
It looks to me like there is a pointy ear sticking out of the side of her head and that hair just says Tasmia to me...

#69808 07/06/04 05:52 AM
Deputy
Deputy
Darn! I didn't think anyone would spot that demon...or the unicorn! smile
The unicorn is hiding underneath the crotch of the guy on the left ... correct?

#69809 07/08/04 06:59 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Like others, my biggest concern is that it'll be years before I see my favourite characters again. However, the book is going to be 30 pages a month. They must be planning on a big cast.

arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six
#69810 07/08/04 08:03 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Gee, I think I spotted the third gunman in that pic!

#69811 07/08/04 09:44 PM
Originally posted by Arachne:
However, the book is going to be 30 pages a month. They must be planning on a big cast.
Or lots of splash pages. frown

Check out my new Power Club website!

The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that
#69812 07/08/04 11:00 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
There can't be more splash pages than there were in Dream Crime and Foundations.

I mean, those two arcs were coming perilously close to Superman #75. If I want a poster book, I'll buy Teen Beat. I know, I know, let sleeping dogs lie and don't speak ill of the departed, yada yada yada... smile

#69813 07/08/04 11:06 PM
G
Leader
Leader
G
Nobody's talked about the centaur yet? In the second row?

About damn time H'Hrnath joined the Legion as its garage mechanic.

#69814 07/09/04 05:12 AM
Honorary
Honorary
Barry, have you managed to scan in a nice hi-res larger copy of that teaser yet?

My desktop is hungrily awaiting it smile

ICQ Work 8642753 | MSN: stueyross@hotmail.com | Email : stu@shadowsrest.com
#69815 07/09/04 07:18 AM
Active
Active
I have to admit I haven't spoken to editor Steve Wacker about posting it here yet - sorry - I've been a bit caught up in the work I'm doing at the moment smile

I'll email him shortly and hope to get a go ahead!

Apologies for being so tardy!

Cheers
Barry

www.barrykitson.com
#69816 07/09/04 02:49 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Obidiah say's

Waid MUST lurk here. I imagine he's having a giggle-fit that 9/10 of this thread is us arguing/debating who's who in the pic. smile

and then a few posts later the mysterious Sir Prize says

Trust me gang, the relaunch is going to be BIG!

so there we have it Gang, irrifutable proof that Sir Prize is non other than Mark Waid himself. lol

and to think we could have elected him leader shake

Faithfull
#69817 07/10/04 12:08 AM
L
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
L
Originally posted by Faraway Lad:

so there we have it Gang, irrifutable proof that Sir Prize is non other than Mark Waid himself. lol

My money's on Double Chinner being Waid.

lil'rhino

#69818 07/10/04 02:18 AM
Active
Active
Well I'm pretty sure Doublechinner isn't Mark - unless he's fooling me too - he asked me to send him a link to Doublechinner's remark about the piece in Wizard which I thought was so on the nail smile

Cheers
Barry

www.barrykitson.com
#69819 07/10/04 07:20 AM
L
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
L
Oooo-a denial!! I knew I was right!

lil'rhino

#69820 07/10/04 07:33 AM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
My theory is that lil'rhino is Waid, and he's trying to throw us off the track!

(and don't forget I was right about the Preztorian demon! wink )

#69821 07/10/04 09:03 AM
L
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
L
[Linked Image]

#69822 07/10/04 09:10 AM
Deputy
Deputy
Stop it! You just frightened the baby.

#69823 07/10/04 09:22 AM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
Timmy Mallett's writing the Legion. Who knew.

#69824 07/11/04 03:51 PM
Deputy
Deputy
What the frell is this doing on the second page?

BUMP

#69825 07/11/04 06:18 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Barry-

Thanks for sticking your neck out here in chicken-little-land.

Obviously, we're all nervous about what's coming next - not because we're an irate mob, but 'cause we care.

I -and many of us- have faith in good creators such as yourself and Mark Waid, but at the same time (pet peeve alert, here) DC editorial staff has a history of... not kissing us or using 'protection' when they shag us.

I for one have a good gut feeling (and my gut has a lot of feeling) about the new project, but I'm still very cautious... I'd rather see a jump to the future with an ambiguous backstory than a full reboot.

Glad to see you among us,

Sean

The childhood friend Exnihil never had.
#69826 07/12/04 12:21 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Just for the record my guesses on the characters smile in the teaser image!

Ultra Boy, Saturn Girl, Lightning Lad and...well the chick with long hair is a tough one. I say Apparition....but it could also be Tasmia or even Shikari as others have guessed.

Also the big guy can be Mon-El or Cosmic Boy. Ultra Boy and Tinya were the sexy ones from Cockrum's days so I guess them two first. wink

Jorge

#69827 07/12/04 12:51 AM
Active
Active
Thanks for the welcome Sean! It's been a pleasure being here...so far wink

I completely understand your worries - any change to something you care about is bound to be scary... especially one that, can't really be characterized as being like anything that has gone before... but I think you'll enjoy what we have planned....I certainly hope so! smile

Cheers
Barry

www.barrykitson.com
#69828 07/25/04 05:18 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
This might be a better vesion of the image from Comics Continuum:
The "New(?)" Legion

I'm starting to think that this new "re-imagining" thing will be a reboot of sorts in terms of the way characters look and maybe certain elements of the status quo, but will keep most of the reboot Legion's history. Information is coming in very small doses and as much as I want to know what this is all about, I kinda want to not know anything until I read the book (how hard's that gonna be, hm??)

I will say this though, now that they're gone, I think I might actually miss those saddlebags on their belts wink

#69829 07/25/04 09:51 AM
Substitute
Substitute
OK, I'll comment.

I really do think it's the founding members in the forground.

Yay, I can see me in the background. Those lovely familiar antenae and pointy ears!! laugh

I am still convinced that Saturn Girl is the one with the short hair. Notice the flowing skirt, she's always liked a bit of a skirt with some of her older costumes and the pointed shoulder pads make me think of Saturn for some reason! So the one with the long flowing hair would be a question mark to me.

I mean if the LSH is going to undergo many a makeover then it's really hard to put a finger on who's who, but it just makes sense to place the founders in the foreground, so I'm sticking with my guesses:

Cosmic (Boy), Saturn (Girl), Lightening (Lad) and Mystery (Girl)! In that order from left to right. If they are going to be made over maybe even their code names will be different too, hence the ( )'s! laugh

Glad you located this version Drake, much clearer. You can see all 4 in front are wearing their rings!

ChameleonBoy

#69830 07/25/04 11:04 AM
Active
Active
Hi Guys - I guess I should confess now, that some of the costumes have gone through some refinements since I drew the promo piece (much better scan BTW) - so one or two of the legionnaires will look a bit different when you actually see them - but I will admit who was who in the picture when I'm allowed!
smile

Cheers
Barry

www.barrykitson.com
#69831 07/25/04 12:15 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I even more convinced that those front four are (L to R) Rokk, Imra (although those do look like twin lightning bolts on her breast, they're most likely just highlights), Garth (definitely a lightning bolt there) and Tinya (she's the one that wore "bell bottom" pants)

And yes, I do think that's Cham (second from the right in the back row ~ pointy ears & antennae) and Gim (between Rokk & Imra).

I'll also go out on a limb and say that's Brin all the way to the left in the back (something about the two points in his hair though it really should be Lyle or Dirk) and I'll guess that's Luornu all the way to the right in the back.

#69832 07/25/04 12:53 PM
Deputy
Deputy
The skirt-over-pants design reminds me of Triad's redesigned post-boot outfit. Elegant and vaguely chinoise. Hope this outfit stays, whoever's wearing it.

Brin was my first guess, too, because of the curlicules. Gim next to him because, I dunno, it just looks like the big lug and because I'm rooting for all the dead/non-rebooted Adventure-era characters to return for another round.

Barry, please get back to us soon with more. If I keep scrutinizing the same image my head is going to explode. smile

#69833 07/25/04 01:34 PM
Substitute
Substitute
That might hurt a bit!! laugh

#69834 07/25/04 01:54 PM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
http://newsarama.com/forums/printthread.php?s=&threadid=16030
The new take on Legion will be a re-imagining, rather than a reboot.
Which would be fine, were "reimagining" not so pretensiously meaningless so as to hit you over the head repeatedly with a sign saying "I don't mean anything" while humming the 1812 overture backwards

#69835 07/25/04 02:26 PM
Active
Active
For once SOM - I'm in full agreement! When don't they just say "For no reason other than to flatter the new writer's ego we, the DC editorial people, will let him bugger things up and do whatever he wants."

After DnA's (for the most part) strong run on this title I can't see the point in rebooting/"reimagining" it.

That art doesn't fill me with confidence either.

#69836 07/25/04 06:36 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
For some strange reason Im not worried about it. My current theory, as I mentioned elsewhere, is that the timeline will alter, but the Legion will remember the old one. That leaves lots of room for tweeks, but keeps the current personalites and relationships.

I wonder how Sensor would react to waking up with legs...

#69837 07/25/04 06:53 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I haven't seen any point in guessing about the identities of the shadowy figures so far, but after seeing the clearer pic, I'll guess that the person all the way on the left with the curls is Shadow Lass (that's right, "Shadow Lass" ShadowLass ).

#69838 07/25/04 07:12 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
That teaser-pic is SOOOO kewl!

Arachne, Drake... I believe we shall indeed be getting a return to "Shadow Lass" and a return to a human Sensor.

Waid's gonna fix the stuff that's broken, and Tasmia will always be "Shady" to most (even with her code-name of Umbra they call her Shady!).

And Jeckie as a snake? That's gone. We'e going to see a return of the original Orando, just watch!

I for one approve of both the above changes!

#69839 07/25/04 08:11 PM
Substitute
Substitute
I hope your right!! Pre boot LSH is what I think many of us are wishing for with of course Mark and Barry's special twists to the whole mythos!!

I think I need to go and pray now!! laugh

ChameleonBoy

#69840 07/25/04 08:35 PM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
Originally posted by Chameleon Boy:
I hope your right!! Pre boot LSH is what I think many of us are wishing for with of course Mark and Barry's special twists to the whole mythos!!

I think I need to go and pray now!! laugh
NOT me.

#69841 07/25/04 08:49 PM
Substitute
Substitute
Well, you don't have to pray if you don't want to, that's fine by me!! laugh

ChameleonBoy

#69842 07/25/04 09:01 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
We're not going to get a return to the preboot Legion.

As I've said in the past, I'd just as soon get a completely new continuity, maybe drawing on elements of both preboot and postboot, than to try to continue on with the history that the Legion has now...

#69843 07/25/04 09:08 PM
Space Fatigue Survivor
Space Fatigue Survivor
I identify the front four characters from left to right as the following:

Saturn Man, Brainiac Empress, Gates, and Bouncing Girl (yowser!).

Celebrating 10+ years of Legion Worldness
#69844 07/25/04 09:12 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
Originally posted by Kid Quislet:
Bouncing Girl (yowser!).
Iresa!

#69845 07/25/04 09:22 PM
Space Fatigue Survivor
Space Fatigue Survivor
Iresa has never looked better!

Celebrating 10+ years of Legion Worldness
#69846 07/25/04 09:34 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
Iresa

#69847 07/25/04 09:38 PM
Honorary
Honorary
Hmmmm....I like that idea.

Cosmic Girl, Spark, and Saturn Lad founding the Legion. Soon to be joined by:

Trio
Phaser
Shadow Lad
Inferno
Ultra Girl
and...Matter-Eater-Lass!

#69848 07/25/04 09:46 PM
Honorary
Honorary
Ok, and then maybe:

Elementa
Star Girl
Dream Boy
Polar Girl

ok, maybe not...

ColorKid

#69849 07/25/04 11:00 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
We're not getting a return to the preboot, but I do believe we WILL get a "blend" of pre- and post-.

And Waid's gonna tweak what need's a-tweaking.

Or heck, maybe it WILL be an entirely new continuity!

#69850 07/25/04 11:02 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Also, I believe DnA were instructed to do certain things, like get Superboy onto the team for a while and return Lar's original constume (or a close approximation of it).

That's just pure speculation, but I think it's true.

#69851 07/26/04 03:09 PM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
Originally posted by MLLASH:
Also, I believe DnA were instructed to do certain things, like get Superboy onto the team for a while and return Lar's original constume (or a close approximation of it).

That's just pure speculation, but I think it's true.
I wush I could find the link, but Batista's to blame for M'On. He said he was planning to make that change around the time he was confirmed as regular penciller (when he was said to have been booted, I hoped he wouldn't have had time to make the change...). Superboy may or may not have been an edict, but it was a sales-boosting stunt either way.

And if this "reimaginging" is a change in the way JLDetroit to JLI was a change, or Jones-JLAm to Morrison-JLA was a change (i.e. no retcons, just a change of circumstances), I'll give it a chance. If they make ANY major retcons, I will never hand over so much as one penny for a LSH comic ever again.

#69852 07/26/04 06:03 PM
Deputy
Deputy
If they make ANY major retcons, I will never hand over so much as one penny for a LSH comic ever again.
I take it then you're not overjoyed by statements like "how can anything resembling continuity exist in the future?", or Waid's references to "The Terminator".

#69853 07/26/04 06:08 PM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
Nope.

[Linked Image]

#69854 07/26/04 07:29 PM
Substitute
Substitute
We wouldn't be fans if we weren't concerned about changes happening to the characters we like, and with Legion... well, they are LEGION, literally. I think I can count on one hand the number of characters I didn't ever like at some point - yep, three: Wildfire, Dawnstar, and Kid Quantum I - but they're superheroes, and crap happens to them on an intergalactic scale. I'm going to try to have faith. The first DC book I ever picked up was written by Mark Waid (and I still love The Flash family because of it), so I hope he and the rest of the creative team will do their very best for the LSH. Give us some good stories.

As for my guess of who's in the teaser: Dirk, Lu (or Thunder), Gim, and Nura. smile Or maybe that last one is Donna Troy; we know she went somewhere, and while that somewhere looked like something from the recent KISS comics....

Postnote: I am a little concerned about continuity, sheerly because the Legion has to make changes when something major happens in the 21st century - like when the Green Lantern Corps was destroyed, and then brought back, but in the meantime all 30th century Green Lanterns had to be explained away. I hope the creative team is given a little more leeway this time (because a thousand years is enough time to rebuild the corps when there was one left, for example). And I worry about Thom and the Starman legacy... ah, well. We shall see, eh?

Okay, really I think it's Jan, Lu, Garth, and Zoe.

"You and I long to live
Like whales in bottled water..."
#69855 07/27/04 12:19 AM
Active
Active
Hi Flannel Lass - you make some very good observations there - the problems caused by having to follow events in the DCU slavishly is something we have addressed (I hope) so we will have that leeway you hoped for. smile

Cheers
Barry

www.barrykitson.com
#69856 07/27/04 01:09 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Flannel lass: While I believe they should always keep things simple despite the temptation to do really fun stuff...

I would love to see a Green Lantern in the Legion!!! And I would love to see Donna Troy (with amnesia) in the Legion!!! Donna Troy is a problem unto itself though...and the Legion have had enough problems wink similiar to Donna. heh maybe she should join and call herself the Black Hole. jk

Jorge

#69857 07/27/04 06:29 AM
Deputy
Deputy
... the problems caused by having to follow events in the DCU slavishly is something we have addressed (I hope) so we will have that leeway you hoped for. smile
Very telling statement. My current best guess is that Waid's gonna wave the magic wand of Hypertime and stick the LSH in an alt-universe, and over at the DCMB I posited the even nuttier theory that they'd wind up in Levitz's Pocket Universe. Think about the possibilities -- Kal-El as Superboy again and stuff like that. It was good for a few yucks but, you know, Barry's implication of looser ties with the DCU, combined with Levitz's enthusiastic approval of their scheme and the Hypertime scenario of the TT/Legion crossover, leaves me wondering how far Waid's actually going to take this thing. One thing is clear -- the future will never be the same.

#69858 07/27/04 01:08 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by Jorge Martinez:
I would love to see a Green Lantern in the Legion!!!
I liked it a lot when Rond became Green Lantern. To bad we didn't see more of that. I don't know how it would work having the GLC around though - it kinda trumps the Legion's gig of interspecies collaboration for the betterment of the universe. Unless they reused the "no GL's in UP space" policy, I imagine they'd be stepping on each other's toes all the time.

#69859 07/27/04 04:17 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Or the GLC would likely recognize that there was no need for a presence larger than just ONE representative Lantern in the United Planets BECAUSE the Legion exists.

Sort off like the Wanderers or Lallorians existing and occasionally coming into contact with the Legion to cooperate on a problem of galactic proportions. There's an infinite universe out there. No need for anyone to step on each others toes.

#69860 07/27/04 04:25 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
Well, it's not clear how large the "sectors" that the GL's patrolled are compared to the U.P., anyway. It may simply be the case that all of the U.P. worlds are in the same sector as Earth.

#69861 07/27/04 06:17 PM
Substitute
Substitute
Originally posted by Varalent:
Or the GLC would likely recognize that there was no need for a presence larger than just ONE representative Lantern in the United Planets BECAUSE the Legion exists.
I don't wholly agree there. The LSH is ONE group of super powered teens. There is an entire universe that needs protecting and they can't be every where at once. That always makes me think of why are there no mentionings of the JLA or JSA or a newly formed JLU (Justice League of the Universe. Well that sounds kinda lame but you know what I mean). Kinda like the LSH would be the Teen Titans of the the 30th Century, so where are the Adult counterparts, the other force that keeps tabs on the situations that the LSH can't get too??

In saying all that I think the GLC would be VERY useful. Look at today's world issues and troubles and just imagine them quadrupled as more and more planets join the federation with more beings coming together. Not everyone's going to be a good guy!! Imagine 1000 Sadam's running around out there with 30th century weapons of mass destruction!! eek eek While purely hyopothetical but it could be a reality, you never know. So where are the other heroes??

The 30th Century according to Waid and Kitson could be a very powerful and fruitful venture for DC Comics but it needs to be worked out and I think the JLU and the GLC could be part of that whole dream!!

Just a tought or two!! laugh laugh

ChameleonBoy

#69862 07/27/04 06:55 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
I don't know. I've always kind of liked the idea that the Legion was emulating the ideals of a past age. If you've got all these other groups of super-heroes running around, then you lose the aspect of the Legion as something "new" or unique. I'd like some version of the GLC to exist, but I think any other "super-hero" organizations that form should be emulating the Legion in some way or another, or be strictly local affairs.

#69863 07/27/04 07:55 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
THe less ties to the msin DCU, the less they can pull the rug out from under us.

The childhood friend Exnihil never had.
#69864 07/27/04 07:59 PM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
Yeah - I would not object to officially making Legiontime an alt-future. As long as that's stuck to, and we don't get a Gallacher-GotG-style fiasco.

And the Legion's current past stays intact.

#69865 07/27/04 08:45 PM
Substitute
Substitute
....but I think any other "super-hero" organizations that form should be emulating the Legion in some way or another....
Yes, but who are the LSH emulating?? See, they all are emulating or following in the foot steps of some other great heroes, at that point of the game it's NOT original any more!! To me part of what makes the Legion or the Teen Titans special is that they are TEENS, young adults, following in the footsteps of their elders with new ideals but that same sense of justice and fairness (and all that other good stuff).

So WHO are their anchor points?? Are they still operating?? If so, why weren't these heroes names and origins revealed yet to the readers?? There's alot that can be done here and in a more realistic view point of a totally fantastical universe ALL heroes start from somewhere and in that day and age they do have other heroes that they look up to and learn from, they would have to, it just makes sense!! Well at least in my reasoning! laugh

ChameleonBoy

#69866 07/27/04 09:06 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
Well, that's just the point. They're emulating the heroes of the 21st century. The Legion is a revival of those ideals. That's sort of the original concept behind it. These three teens from the future who are part of a club that are modeled after Superboy's heroic career come back in time to ask him to join. To have other contemporaries negates the whole point of that.

It makes sense to me that the tradition of "super-heroes" could easily have died out in the intervening millenium, and that the vision of one man (R. J. Brande) is to revive that tradition. I'd like to see the Legion as really radical in the times they live in, striving to promote the heroic ideals that no one else believes in any longer.

#69867 07/27/04 09:24 PM
Substitute
Substitute
Yes, that totally makes sense to me but then there's that wish that there were more groups that maybe the Legion were not aware of. I mean they are not aware of new Super Villian groups that pop up so why would they know if there were any other Super Hero groups out there??

I know the Wanderers were a stab at having another super group in the future but that was just a case of bad character design, bad writing and frankly some pretty poor art work and it's too bad! frown I was so pyched about that comic when it was to come out then then I read issue #1 and boy was that the end for me!! frown

Just an idea that came to me when I was at work and read that little mentioning of the GLC! smile

ChameleonBoy

#69868 07/27/04 09:39 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
I think what's important is that they are the "first" super-group in the U.P.

Usually, when they'd be shown meeting other heroes (the Lallorian, the Wanders, Nam-Lor, Questar), they'd always be from "distant" worlds or parts of the galaxy.

#69869 07/28/04 09:05 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Despite what I said earlier, if there were a way to make it work, I'd be all for a GL somewhere in the Legion universe just to give it more flavor (like the heroes of Lallor, Dev-Em, or when Rond had the ring).

#69870 07/28/04 09:44 PM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
I think what's important is that they are the "first" super-group in the U.P.
Well, notwithstanding the mess Xanthu's degenerated into between the Starman events, the AP and Robotica, the Amazers were.

#69871 07/28/04 09:53 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
I
Well, notwithstanding the mess Xanthu's degenerated into between the Starman events, the AP and Robotica, the Amazers were.
Oh, I don't think that's clear at all. When we are first introduced to Xanthu's heroes, we see Star Boy, Atmos, and Kid Quantum in a contest to be "Planetary Champion". There's no indication that there is any super-group at all. The earliest we see of the Amazers is in a flashback in the Star Boy issue of Legends of the Legion, but Kid Quantum II is already a member at that point, which implies that it takes place after James's death.

But anyway, a number of planets have "planetary champions" and the like, so it would not be unreasonable to suppose that one of them might developed a super-powered planetary defense force. But I think it's important to the Legion that they be the first organization with an interstellar focus, and to be "super-heroes" in a more traditional sense than simply defending their planet against invaders or something.

#69872 07/28/04 10:03 PM
Substitute
Substitute
Hey, is Atmos still living or is he gone?? He was a character that when he did make appearances I was always intrigued by his unique look and wondered what an in depth origin issue around him would be like?!?

What can I say, I like the really different humanoid characters! laugh

ChameleonBoy

#69873 07/28/04 10:36 PM
A
Active
Active
A
New guess!

Jan, Violet, Gim, and Candi!

#69874 07/29/04 05:54 AM
Deputy
Deputy
Originally posted by Awkward Pause Boy:
New guess!

Jan, Violet, Gim, and Candi!
Candi? Wow! Death becomes her. Jan and Gim don't look too much worse for wear, either. smile

#69875 07/29/04 10:29 AM
Active
Active
The most logical option is the three originals members in the cover.
We never have a number one cover with Saturn Girl, Cosmic Boy and Lightning Lad (only the zero chapter but these don't count).
If the long hair girl is Phantom Girl...or Projectra .Better!

From UK with glamour.
#69876 07/29/04 12:18 PM
A
Active
Active
A
...or maybe:

Jan, Cece, Gim, and Candi!

#69877 07/29/04 12:31 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Close, but no cigar.

It's Jan in Sun Boy's corpse, Quantum Queen, Gim and Candi. Together they make up what's affectionately known as the Legion of the Living Dead. (James Cullen and Garth are members, too, but they're don't appear in this pic.)

#69878 07/29/04 12:39 PM
A
Active
Active
A
Quantum Queen! What a way to get me invested in the reboot! She and Princess Projectra could get into little royal spats.

#69879 07/30/04 03:59 PM
Honorary
Honorary
Okay. Maybe shoot me now. I'm with this series. I'm going to give it a chance. This is an amazing idea. People who get together to do what they can BECAUSE they can.
Yeah, I wan't Uboy to be there. Yeah Ferro. Yeah Coz, Imra n Garth. Yeah my faves (especially Vi, sigh). But that may not happen. I understand. That IS a problem. But I'm going to give this series the same chance I'd give a brand new team book. Perhaps MORE because it comes under the Legion banner.
We should try. We owe our favourites that much for all their service over the years.
We want them to survive in the years to come. As long as the friendship, the love, the heroics, the downright, honest to goodness, simple plain fact that our guys are the GOOD GUYS, is there I'm going to be there.
For our guys, you come too.
After all, in whatever form, in whatever universe, in whatever time, with whatever members :
1) Our heroes will be in our hearts forever.
2) LONG LIVE THE LEGION!!!!!

"Are we still alive? Then there's hope." Coz.
"Megatron must be stopped, no matter the cost." Optimus Prime.
"Death is Singular."
#69880 07/30/04 04:17 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I want Ferro to be there. There's still so much of his character to explore. It got started back when Moy was drawing the series, but then got dropped.

I'd like to see a return to the Silver Age device where less powerful legionaires faced seemingly insurmountable problems and had to come up with innovative solutions based on their limited powers. No more brute force - that's been overdone.

#69881 07/30/04 06:35 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Well said, Teliyon.

Semi, I've got a feeling Ferro will be staying in the 21st century, but I've bee wtong before.

I'd also really like to see the less powerful Legionnaires take the spotlight.

#69882 07/30/04 06:57 PM
Active
Active
Oh how I long for the days where Tinya and Tasmia would hang out while Lar and Jo would smash things.

#69883 07/30/04 08:36 PM
Deputy
Deputy
I'll go anywhere Mark Waid wants to go. I like everything I've read so far. We know he loves the Legion, he's got a pretty darn good track record, and we know he loves the Legion. I look forward to it. When does the relaunch happen?

The only consistent feature of all of your dissatisfying relationships is you.

Don't judge me!
#69884 07/31/04 01:02 AM
Active
Active
Hi All - Just wanted to say how great all this speculation is to read - especially as I'm becoming even more optimistic that most of you will really enjoy what we're up to! smile

Hi Armsfalloffboy - they'll be a seven page 'teaser' for the new series in the Titans/LSH annual then our first 30 page issue-proper should be in the stores in December - at least that's how I understand the set up...

Cheers
Barry

www.barrykitson.com
#69885 07/31/04 08:13 AM
Substitute
Substitute
HI Barry,

I read about the teaser as well but I thought the first issue of the new series was set for November?? ACK!! Another 30 days to wait!! eek eek

ChameleonBoy

#69886 07/31/04 08:31 AM
Active
Active
I'll check up on the date - but I think it is due for early December. I'll find out on Monday from Steve Wacker.

Cheers
Barry

www.barrykitson.com
#69887 07/31/04 09:06 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Tell him to make it VERY early December if possible! laugh

#69888 07/31/04 10:35 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
A release date early in December *would* take a bit of the edge off that LONG wait between the special in Sept. and the new series' debut.

Todd

#69889 07/31/04 06:42 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Before Christmas, I should hope.

Think "stocking stuffers" people. When are we ever going to get another chance like this to hook family and friends? smile

#69890 08/17/04 02:14 PM
Applicant
Applicant
It's not November, because Legion of Super-Heroes v5 #1 is not in DC\'s November Solicits .

Oh well!

"NO, NO, NO, computer. NO CHEESE. I said, "PLEASE" ... please."
#69891 08/17/04 05:02 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
It was my understanding that the new series was always scheduled for December and we would have at least one month with no Legion.

What I want to know is, did anyone else notice the DC in Demand page of #37 stating:

After all the buzz created with LAST month's Teen Titans/Legion Special...
Last month's special? Hello, it isn't due for release until September 29, SEVEN weeks AFTER #37's release. Even if they were writing the article from the point of view of it being October (the month date of #37) why would they? Eveyone knows the cover date isn't the date of the release and editorial information inside shouldn't be written as if future publishing events have already passed.

#69892 08/17/04 05:16 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Maybe they meant to say last month's ANNOUCEMENT of TT/Legion... that's wehat I figured, anyway... not sure.

#69893 08/17/04 09:00 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I was wondering about that myself.

#69894 08/17/04 10:22 PM
Yk Offline
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Originally posted by minesurfer:
I love it. I'm proud to be a part of it. I can't wait for this.
What he said.

Did anyyone else read that article about the ownership rights to the name Superboy? It now makes sense to me that they're trying to generate a Legion that stands on it's own without the big S in the book. If anyone can do that it'd be Mark Waid. Mark made the Flash interesting for God's sake. I say let's give him a chance with our book too.

#69895 08/17/04 10:36 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I freaked out for a second when I read the "last month's special" announcement thinking I'd somehow missed it.

#69896 08/17/04 10:56 PM
Yk Offline
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Me too. I called the comics shop to make sure I hadn't missed it.

Here's that article I mentioned -
http://www.newsarama.com/pages/DC/sUPERMAN_bATTLE.htm

#69897 09/12/04 12:38 PM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
bump

#69898 09/13/04 08:45 AM
M
Leader
Leader
M
Barry, if you're still here can you spill the beans on who's who in the teaser image now?

#69899 09/13/04 09:18 AM
Active
Active
The line-up is pretty much the same as the solicitation piece - though one or two costumes have evolved since then....
When the series is published I'll put a key image up with all the characters numbered!

Cheers
Barry

www.barrykitson.com
#69900 09/13/04 09:26 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Cool!

#69901 09/13/04 10:27 AM
M
Leader
Leader
M
Fair enough. Thanks Barry!

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,021
Posts1,045,249
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star