Roll Call
0 members (), 42 Murran Spies, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by thoth lad - 05/12/24 02:15 PM
Kill This Thread LII - The End of the Deck of Cards
by thoth lad - 05/12/24 02:15 PM
Legion Trivia 6
by thoth lad - 05/12/24 02:14 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/11/24 09:37 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/10/24 04:47 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/10/24 02:58 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/10/24 02:56 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 14 of 16 1 2 12 13 14 15 16
Re: Adventure Comics starring the Legion of Super-Heroes
#72203 08/06/09 09:37 AM
Deputy
Deputy
Superboy Prime, dude, how can we miss you if you never leave?!?!?

...but you don't have a moment where you're sitting there staring at a table full of twenty-five characters with little name signs that say, "Hi, my superpower is confusing you!"
#72204 08/06/09 10:05 AM
Active
Active
Something else else tells me that there seems to be some "living" characters looking for Black Lantern powers or so. I can see Vril Dox and Superwhine-Bore looking for that kind of power.
But enough with S-P. He's arguably Johns worst creation so far. And that is coming for a guy who created something called Atrocitus.

#72205 08/06/09 11:54 AM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
Originally posted by doublechinner:
Superboy Prime, dude, how can we miss you if you never leave?!?!?
Yeah, he was 'permanantly taken care of' for what, 20 days?

That's gotta be a new record or something.

Then again, Lo3W was supposed to have ended quite a few months back. Perhaps Didio has been frustrated that he couldn't have the triumphant return of Superbrat be a little further out from his 'defeat.' If the delays had gotten just a little worse, Superbrat might have actually 'returned' before he was sent away!

Wrapped Around Your Finger now complete in BITS!
#72206 08/06/09 12:22 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Originally posted by Acid Digestion Lad:
Le sigh..Vril Vril Vril..I had better hopes for you buddy.
Never hope that Vril will pass up a chance for more power.
It's idle.
Sorry.

A singin' and a dancin'
along the way.

JosephPrince.org
#72207 08/07/09 08:40 AM
Deputy
Deputy
While I'm boycotting ALL things Blackest Night, I do approve of Vril Dox being interested in the Black Lantern rings. It's completely in character for him to want to analyze, understand and/or control any significant source of power, influence or advantage. I'd be disappointed if he didn't. And hey, maybe a few more people will check out R.E.B.E.L.s as a result (man, I.HATE.TYPING.THOSE.PERIODS!)

...but you don't have a moment where you're sitting there staring at a table full of twenty-five characters with little name signs that say, "Hi, my superpower is confusing you!"
#72208 08/08/09 06:02 AM
Active
Active
Originally posted by Sarcasm Kid:
I hope this link works, because guess who's coming back in October on Adventure #4.

http://dcu.blog.dccomics.com/files/2009/08/adventure-comics4-cmyk.jpg
Good lord that's a beautiful cover. Ordway has really been putting out some exceptionally nice art over the past year or so.

It's almost like he's channeling Neal Adams or something.

You know, while any WWII era art by Ordway is an automatic buy for me, his oldschool style isn't one I've ever really yearned to see on the Legion...

But then again, in hindsight, I never would have wanted to see Curt Swan on the Legion either...and the end result of an oldfashioned Rockwellian type artist like Swan being asked(pretty much forced against his will) to use his imagination to dream up futuristic looking sci fi stuff was some pretty funky looking costumes, buildings and aliens.

It could work.

#72209 08/08/09 06:43 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
News from the Chicago Con, that probably doesn't need to be spoiler protected:

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">Manapul confirmed that "Adventure Comics" will feature the Legion in Superboy's main story, in addition to their backup stories. Regarding the various Legions, Manapul said that "all three" would appear, and Sattler added that DC needed to establish who the Legion are before they get a dedicated book.</span></span>

arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six
#72210 08/08/09 09:31 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I think that's a good idea. It should establish who and what the Legion is and introduce the concept of all three of them to new fans in order to escape from all the confusion gained from trying to figure out all the retcons and glitches in time.

#72211 08/08/09 10:24 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Well, I find that very encouraging news all around. I would love to see Superboy interract with the Legion. I don't know what they will do with all 3 Legions, but I'll be open-minded about it. My guess is the appearances of the other Legions will be limited to things like an "emergency warning from Brainiac 5 of Earth Prime."

#72212 08/08/09 11:13 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
I'm just glad that the Legion characters I love the most, if not their universe, are still around and with a chance at a future, however tenuous.

A singin' and a dancin'
along the way.

JosephPrince.org
#72213 08/09/09 02:08 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by Ricardo:

But enough with S-P. He's arguably Johns worst creation so far. And that is coming for a guy who created something called Atrocitus.
hmm? not sure about that because Superboy Prime was created by Marv Wolfman (maybe alongside George Perez) in Crisis on Infinite Earth, instead of Johns...correct?

#72214 08/09/09 05:02 AM
Active
Active
Originally posted by superboymddjr:
[b]
hmm? not sure about that because Superboy Prime was created by Marv Wolfman (maybe alongside George Perez) in Crisis on Infinite Earth, instead of Johns...correct? [/b]
He was created by one of Cary Bates or Elliot Maggin, and Curt Swan. His first appearance was not in the COIE proper but in DC Comics Presents, the Superman teamup book.

He wasn't created as a villain either, was actually very noble.

Interestingly enough, he was abducted by some aliens in that initial appearance or something like that, disappeared for a while, and what happened to him during that period was never explained IIRC.

I've always had the feeling he was created as part of some kind of plan for a Superman reboot but that plan was never used so they just put him in limbo.

#72215 08/09/09 05:49 PM
Active
Active
Not Superboy Prime... AGAIN... I mean, how over-used is he as a villain? Infinite Crisis, Sinestro Corps War, Countdown featured him, then L3W... can't they just leave him be for at least a year until they get him back from "our" Earth Prime?

#72216 08/09/09 06:07 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
remmy the L3W has been postponed a year...if the L3W were made on time, then it would be a year before we see Superboy Prime.

#72217 08/09/09 06:13 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Never again would be too soon.

#72218 08/09/09 06:40 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
My sentiments exactly.

arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six
#72219 08/09/09 07:49 PM
M
Leader
Leader
M
Originally posted by Arachne:
News from the Chicago Con, that probably doesn't need to be spoiler protected:

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">Manapul confirmed that "Adventure Comics" will feature the Legion in Superboy's main story, in addition to their backup stories. Regarding the various Legions, Manapul said that "all three" would appear, and Sattler added that DC needed to establish who the Legion are before they get a dedicated book.</span></span>
It's good news, but I have come to believe that it's a mistake to take too long doing stuff like this. I think that if that's all it is, DC would do better to get it over with quickly.

#72220 08/09/09 07:57 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Originally posted by Superboy:
. . . He wasn't created as a villain either, was actually very noble.

. . . Interestingly enough, he was abducted by some aliens in that initial appearance or something like that, disappeared for a while, and what happened to him during that period was never explained IIRC.
Maybe, he's been possessed by some alien dead thing and that's why he's been acting the way he hss and why he's been even more invulnerable than Supes originally was.

During 'Blackest Night', the dead thing is pulled from his body by the rings and he can finally go home, repent of being a fanboy, visit Lori in the hospital and join Legion Prime.

Happy ending and best of all, no more villian Prime.
(Probably not.)
shake

A singin' and a dancin'
along the way.

JosephPrince.org
#72221 08/09/09 08:40 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by Candle:
Originally posted by Superboy:
[b]. . . He wasn't created as a villain either, was actually very noble.

. . . Interestingly enough, he was abducted by some aliens in that initial appearance or something like that, disappeared for a while, and what happened to him during that period was never explained IIRC.
Maybe, he's been possessed by some alien dead thing and that's why he's been acting the way he hss and why he's been even more invulnerable than Supes originally was.

During 'Blackest Night', the dead thing is pulled from his body by the rings and he can finally go home, repent of being a fanboy, visit Lori in the hospital and join Legion Prime.

[/b]
You're RIGHT! It's the Jerkallax entity. How could we have missed all the clues? lol

Would be too funny if you're right. They probably developed that story in Ambush Bug #6 and that's why it got pulled.

Oh I hope those shipments of ADV get lost into a black hole.

#72222 08/09/09 09:46 PM
Active
Active
Originally posted by superboymddjr:
[b]
hmm? not sure about that because Superboy Prime was created by Marv Wolfman (maybe alongside George Perez) in Crisis on Infinite Earth, instead of Johns...correct? [/b]
Superboy has already answered that one, but the murderous boring one-dimentional pap is a Johns product. Much like Swamp Thing was created by Len Wein, but was re-defined by Alan Moore.
And I bet Ambush Bug was pulled for tearing out Black Lanterns.

#72223 08/09/09 09:59 PM
Deputy
Deputy
What's the color on the emotional spectrum for Jerkalax? Probably a nice poo brown.

#72224 08/10/09 01:14 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
lol

A singin' and a dancin'
along the way.

JosephPrince.org
#72225 08/10/09 11:23 AM
Space Fatigue Survivor
Space Fatigue Survivor
If we start seeing the "Poo Brown" Lanterns, I'm done with comics.

Celebrating 10+ years of Legion Worldness
#72226 08/10/09 12:10 PM
Deputy
Deputy
What can brown do for you? Get you to stop reading comics!

#72227 08/11/09 04:02 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer

Page 14 of 16 1 2 12 13 14 15 16

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,021
Posts1,045,253
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
saturnrings
saturnrings
durham, nc
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star