Roll Call
1 members (Eryk Davis Ester, Eryk Davis Ester, Eryk Davis Ester), 57 Murran Spies, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/15/24 11:37 AM
Legion World Fan Table at SDCC
by Nightcrawler - 05/15/24 07:48 AM
So, what are you listening to?
by Ann Hebistand - 05/15/24 07:24 AM
The 2nd All Avengers Thread
by Ann Hebistand - 05/15/24 07:12 AM
Kill This Thread LIII - There's a Joker in Here!
by Ann Hebistand - 05/15/24 07:02 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/15/24 05:45 AM
Legion Worlds Nine updated 15 May 24
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/15/24 03:57 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/15/24 03:44 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: INVASION
#731291 09/08/06 05:13 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
(DB wakes up to the sound of Cobalt Kids announcement to follow the Dark Oval into space)

"will someone turn that racket down...i'm trying to sleep..oh ow ow" (DB winces in pain as he notices his bandaged wrapped torso)

"now i remember" "nass head tried to chop me in half" (DB rolls his head over slowly to see LardLad across the room)

"guess i shoudl feel lucky, he looks bad"
(anger rolls over DB's face. and then Db sits up slowly and deliberately)

"costume on." (DB's costume flashes into existence on him) "hope the healing aspect of my costume is up to this."

(DB walks over to look down at Lardy)
"I'm going to enjoy making them pay for this Lardy"

(Obnoxious Odor Boy walks in the room

OOB: What are you doing? Get in bed you're in no condition to be walking!!"

DB: "Door" (DB exits through the teleportation door that opens and promptly closes before OOB can make a move.)

#731292 09/08/06 06:05 PM
Fabulous and Sparkly!
Fabulous and Sparkly!
<Rockhopper Lad is still sitting in front of Openly Gay Lad's dead body, crying; Rockhopper Lass approaches>

Rh Lass: Eudyptes, what can I do to help you?

Rh Lad: Oh, Adelie...I don't know about the Eudyptes of your world, but this is the first time in my life I've ever been in love. And now he's gone.

Rh Lass: My Eudyptes never loved anyone. He was incapable of it. No, he never loved anyone--except maybe for me.

<Both sit in silence>

Rh Lad: So you're going to stay with the SMB?

Rh Lass: Yes. We'll help you clean up, of course, then we'll leave for Earth-One.

Rh Lad: This is... <Rh Lad shakes his head> I'm glad. They need a Pyngwyn.

Rh Lass: So does the LMB. I hope you're not thinking...

Rh Lad: Oh, no, of course not. I might take a trip back home for a short while, but my life is here.

Rh Lass: They're good people. Eudyptes, may I ask you something?

Rh Lad: Of course.

Rh Lass: Would it be all right with you if I considered you my brother now?

Rh Lad: Oh, Adelie! (they embrace) I'm honored. I have two Adelies now! Two Adelies. <pause> Two Eudyptes. <pause> Two Blaines? Do you suppose there's a Blaine in this universe too?

Rh Lass: I guess there could be. But he could be very different! Remember, in my world, Eudyptes was a ruthless tyrant.

Rh Lad: You're right.

<They both sit in silence for a while; Dedman materialises>

Ded: Rocky, How are you doing?

Rh Lad: I'm okay.

Ded: Obnoxious Odor Boy is sending a stretcher for Openly Gay Lad. They'll be here any time. Come back with us to the medical centre. You look okay, but I'm sure you could use a rest.

Rh Lad: Sure. But I'll wait for--for the stretcher.

<The three wait in silence for the stretcher.>

The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."
#731293 09/08/06 08:12 PM
M
Applicant
Applicant
M
< Maxx the Sorcerer lands outside LMBP Plaza. He raises his arms up into the air and quietly speaks an incantation. The magical barrier over the plaza begins to dissolve, and the energy slowly courses back into the leyline >

There. That will make it much easier to bring more casualties into the Plaza's Medical Center.

< He then rises back up into the air and rockets skyward to return to the salvage efforts in orbit >

#731294 09/08/06 10:05 PM
Active
Active
[Appears at the Medical Center in a puff of smoke & finds Obnoxious Odors Boy. As she approaches him, she inexplicably smells cigarette smoke.]

"You! You are a physician here--?"

"Actually, I'm a field medic and a nurse, Ms...?" Smelly responds, correcting her.

"Whordru! I'm told that Lard Lad is here somewhere, hurt?"

[frowns] "Yes..yes he is. Are you a relative or a wife?"

"No...I'm his...friend. Please tell me, is he well."

"Well..." [debates what to say] "...no, no he isn't. He has bleeding in his brain caused by the strain of using his powers in such extreme ways. The prognosis is...pessimistic."

"He's--he's going to die?"

"I'm afraid so, unless there's a miracle. Say! Aren't you a sorceress? Didn't you help save Cobalt Kid? Couldn't you--?"

[shakes her head and looks down at the floor] "No..that ship has sailed. Lard Lad gave a part of himself to heal his friend. Consequently, the same spell won't work on him...it's one of the...strings attached to the spell. Every other healing spell I have is for minor injuries. There's--there's no time for me to learn another advanced one...it could take months..."

"Then, I'm afraid he probably won't survive more than a couple more days--there's nothing we can do for him. He won't regain consciousness before he passes. I'm sorry."

[tears well in her eyes] "Can...I see him?"

"Certainly."

[Smelly quietly leads Whordru to Lard Lad's (and until recently Disaster Boy's) room......]

#731295 09/10/06 01:02 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
<suddenly, Whordru turns to see Cobalt Kid at the door>

Whordru. <Cobalt nods. He walks over to Lardy>

I was on the cusp of leading our push back towards Dark Oval space Lardy, but had to be sure everyone was okay down here...

<takes off metal bracelet around right wrist>

I'm glad I did. We've come too far to lose you now.

<lays hand on Lardy's chest. A blue aura begins to emit>

This was a traumatic ordeal, and we both said some things we regret. The LMB might not know the whole story, but I know that you're no murderer, and that you still believe in our ideals. You're a good friend...and a good man...

<the healing powers of Cobalt Kid begin to kick into overdrive>

Funny...you did what you had to do to heal me before, and I'm returning the favor now. But thats what LMBers do: we stick up for one another and watch each other's backs. That's why I followed you into the Dark Oval and rescued you. That's why I believe what I did was truer to the LMB's ideals than simple laws and treaties.

<The healing powers begin to bring Lardy around>

To fight this war a lot of lines were crossed. Always remember that I'm one of your best friends. But please Lardy...make me proud to say so...

<healing is over, and Lard Lad is restored>

*turning to Whordru* - We should let him rest now. I know we have unfinished business...but I have a war to fight.

<exits>

#731296 09/11/06 12:29 AM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
<hours later, Lard Lad wakes up>

"Oh...my head..."

<looks around, sees a female figure sitting nearby holding his hand>

"P-pru--?"

"Yes, Lardy..it's me," answers the ex-villainess Hummer Lass.

<comes to sudden realization>

"Metternich..the Dark Oval---?"

"They've been run off, my love. Your plan to defeat Metternich worked. He's dead. Cobalt ran off the rest of their forces."

"Cobalt? Was he here?"

"Yes, he was in pursuit of the Oval forces, but he stopped by to heal you. If he hadn't..."

"I would have been a goner."

<Hummer Lass nods> "He couldn't stay, though. He's determined to take the fight to the Oval."

"Yes, and I have to help!" <starts to get up> "ungh!" <lies back down>

"Baby, you have to rest...or you might relapse.."

<fights back tears> "No! I-I have to help him f-finish this..it's all my..."

"I know," she says softly, "you love him like a brother--he feels the same way. But if you don't let the healing finish, you'll have destroyed his gift to you." <grips his hands tightly now> "Let me take care of you, now."

"Pru..I"

"When you rescued me from the rubble of the Lair, you took care of me." <starts shedding tears> "You're always taking care of me. Let me take care of you,now!"

"Pru..."

"When you rescued me, Lardy, I heard you talking to me. You pleaded for me to hold on, told me you love me! I think it was that, more than anything, that made me hold on. I love you, too..I think I have since I first laid eyes on you. Oh, baby, I want us to be together..I want us to be a couple! More than anything! You're the most wonderful man--the most caring person--I've ever met. I know you meant what you said when you saved me--I know you feel the same. Let's finally be together, baby!" <kisses him, he reciprocates>

<He's lost in her kiss for a long moment, then he's assaulted by images: Leelee. Helen. Helena. His son, still in utero. Whordru. Her sacrifice. His promise to her.>

<Then, he sees Mordra. Her ominous predictions about his destiny. His hands squeezing the life out of her. Beheading Damyen Hrykos. How he enjoyed killing them.>

<He sees Pru in his mind. He loves her, but will he hurt her if they're together? Hypothetical images flash in his mind in answer.>

<He breaks the embrace.>

"No..no, I can't..."

"Oh! Oh, I'm so sorry, honey--I came on too strong! Here you are, having almost died..and I'm practically proposing to you! I--I just almost lost you...and..and I--"

"No, Pru." <takes her hands> "I can't be with you at all. I..don't feel the same way. I'm--I'm sorry.."

<withdraws her hands> "W-what? Lardy, I don't believe you...why are you saying this?"

<taps inner reserves of strength to help him lie> "Because it's true, Pru." <looking as sincere as possible> "I don't feel the same way you do. I do care about you--a lot! And...I care enough to not take advantage of you. Please, Pru..do yourself a favor and find someone who will love you like you deserve to be loved."

<turns away, tears flowing freely> "I thought I had.>

<She grips her crutch and limps out of his room. It takes a herculean effort for her not to look back.>

"Good..goodbye, Pru..." Lardy whispers. Then, he closes his eyes tightly to keep the tears in. His sacrifice hurts, but he knows he's done the right thing. She's been hurt enough in life without him adding to it......

Still "Lardy" to my friends!
#731297 09/11/06 01:19 AM
Active
Active
Seth, though he'd been healed of his physical injuries, still lingers at the medical center. He hardly knows anything of this place and its resources, so isn't sure how he could actually help in the reconstruction efforts after all. But he also has a more pressing concern...

"I need to speak with one of your psyche-techs -- preferably a telepath." Seth asks the nearest available doctor. "During the battle, I saw images, had memories... of people that I know I'd never met. I need to find out why this is happening?"

Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,022
Posts1,045,335
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
Clovyr Crymsun Kid's Sidekick, timeless one
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Not-So-Bad Lad
Not-So-Bad Lad
The Evil Anti-Moon!!!!
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star