Roll Call
0 members (), 44 Murran Spies, and 7 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Legion of Super-Heroes #7 (2020) - Preview and Spoilers
by Ann Hebistand - 04/27/24 10:06 AM
The 2nd All Avengers Thread
by Ann Hebistand - 04/27/24 10:04 AM
So, what are you listening to?
by Ann Hebistand - 04/27/24 06:34 AM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Ann Hebistand - 04/27/24 06:32 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/27/24 02:11 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/26/24 06:56 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/26/24 06:55 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 16 17
LMB: the Continuity!
#735114 09/27/03 01:23 AM
Bold Flavors
OP Offline
Bold Flavors
It's late right now, and I really need to go to bed, but I wanted to say that I like the idea of going through LMB continuity and figuring out where everyone fits in! I think the best way to do it is to go by year, as in LMB: Year One, LMB: Year Two, etc., just to get a basic timeline down! But no retroactive continuity that would eliminate any stories!

And make sure we include all the people who joined that we haven't talked to in a few years, like Mighty Fan Boy Man, Shark Lad, Lumber Fox, etc.!

I definately want in on this project, since I was a founder, I started the road trips, had a wife who eventually died, and all other fun aspects of Cobalt Kid's character! Lash, everyone else, what do you say?

Re: LMB: the Continuity!
#735115 09/27/03 01:38 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Cobie, your post is heaven-sent!

I am all for such a project!

Since you and I (and Crujectra, but I doubt she'd want to be involved) are perhaps the LONGEST-term LMB posters here, I think it fitting that we partake this endeavor!

We know the LMB history began with us getting to know each other initially on LARDLAD's "Who ARe You" thread.

Shortly thereafter, I posted the "Legion of Message Board posters" thread, and all heck broke loose!

We'll have to research and see what came after!

ps/ SHARKLAD is a member here and has posted (though infrequently!)

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#735116 09/27/03 01:43 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Well, I hope we get to read the full story behind this "Cobie Cakes" business!

Holy Cats of Egypt!
#735117 09/27/03 01:52 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
That's a pretty hefty task you boys have laid down for yourselves. But go for it! Should be fun to read.

Legion World's Badwill Ambassador
#735118 09/27/03 01:55 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I myself most look forward to placing Super Lash Tot, Android-MLLASH, MLLASH Lass and Peepaw MLLASH into LMB continuity!

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#735119 09/27/03 01:59 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
That's good news, because I think you might be the only one who could do it. smile

Legion World's Badwill Ambassador
#735120 09/27/03 02:17 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
And don't think I've forgotten Giant Turtle MLLASH, Gorilla MLLASH, Black Lash (Sweet Christmas!) and Giant Robotic Lesbian Lash!

#735121 09/27/03 02:34 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
And I thought my family was bad....

Holy Cats of Egypt!
#735122 09/27/03 03:03 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by MLLASH:
Cobie, your post is heaven-sent!

I am all for such a project!

Since you and I (and Crujectra, but I doubt she'd want to be involved) are perhaps the LONGEST-term LMB posters here, I think it fitting that we partake this endeavor!

We know the LMB history began with us getting to know each other initially on LARDLAD's "Who ARe You" thread.

Shortly thereafter, I posted the "Legion of Message Board posters" thread, and all heck broke loose!

We'll have to research and see what came after!

So we have YOU to blame for all of this, Lasher? Figures. cool

"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"
#735123 09/27/03 03:29 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Does that mean people like myself and others who joined after LEgion World opened are ONLY part of post boot continuity. I wonder what I was like pre-boot?

Touch the magic...
#735124 09/27/03 05:59 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Now Lashie Poo, it's not so much that I wouldn't want to help. It's more that I'm not sure how much I could help. I was never really one to get too involved with the story threads, so a great deal of that I just am not familiar with.

Besides, where do you think Cobie Cakes got the idea from? It was through pillow talk with me, silly boy.

Oh, and FC, "Cobie Cakes" was just a little off-panel nickname I had for Cobalt Kid during the brief period that we dated smile

Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs
#735125 09/27/03 10:52 AM
Bold Flavors
OP Offline
Bold Flavors
It was one of the more enjoyable periods of LMB history smile

#735126 09/27/03 10:53 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Wish I had been there...

Touch the magic...
#735127 09/27/03 11:23 AM
Bold Flavors
OP Offline
Bold Flavors
Lash, don't forget Lashwire, and anything else you've forgotten!

It's saturday right now for me, so I can't post too much, but tomorrow I'll be back with some more ideas! As I remember it, we all started to get to know one another on Lardy's "Who are You Thread". From there, there was a handful of us who posted on the Legionnaries board, while mostly everyone else posted on the Legion of Super Heroes board. Thus, it was you who started the Legion of Message Board Posters thread, which stated that the founders were: Lash Lad, Lard Lad, Shadowplay in Candlelight Lass, Cobalt Kid and Tsarin Lad (now Mystery Lad). I believe it was the very next post that included Bellbookcandle Kid (now SeaHorse), Goon Boy, Lev Lad, and right after that was Newcru King (now Crusader). That pretty much is the original LMBers, with Beagz joining pretty much soon after.

I don't know who officially is a founder, but I think the initial nine are considered (with Crusader and Seahorse being the retroactive names of them). Tsarin Lad did eventually die in LMB continuity and came back as Mystery Lad. Also, I remember specifically that Loser Lad said he didn't want to be retconned as a founder, so if we set the parameters of the founders, we should stop when we come close to his first appearances.

LMB: Year One is a period I figured could include the formation of the LMB, all of the tag team stories, the road trips (which brought in Lucien and Space Tart), and then ends with the beginning of that summer (or start). I remember that eventually I took a leave of absence, Lard Lad's term ended and you became leader, Newcru set up the LMB Head Quarters (yahoo group), and some other posters (like Lumber Fox) dissapeared.

The Legion of Message Board posters thread had us up to about 25 members, or maybe a bit more, and one of the last was Mighty Fan Boy Lad. Then Space Tart and Lucien Lad joined during the Road Trips (maybe Midnight Son too, I can't remember).

I admit to having the time when Cobalt left as a way to end year one being a bit selfish, but what the hell, why not?! When I did come back (though not in full force), there were a few new posters that had become prevalent including Faraway Lad, Kid Therod, Kid Psychout, Foxy Roxy (alt ID, but still an LMBer) and Ample Man. Furball showed up (really Dev) and Shark Lad went evil in continuity. Also Carrina Winters joined, who I think should be known as the super traitor! And a certain Princess Crujectra started showing up. This could be where Year Two really kicked off. Lash, you were the leader, and then Loser and Necru had terms (I forget what order, but we can check the Outpost). Also, this is a time when the members of the LMB really became set, as many of the people who joined the LMB and only posted a handful of times really stopped posting, so the LMB's membership became more structured.

I think when we get these two eras in order (because there is A LOT of stories to figure out in there, and I mean A LOT), we can figure out the next era of our first Crisis, Stu and Pov, the new message board, etc.

And all the new members from Legion World, this isn't really post-boot continuity, but an extension of the old! So your still in continuity! I remember when Pov as a newbie, and now he's a mainstay!

PS- and Lash, I just remembered an interesting tidbit! Remember, we retconned Food Maker Kid to being a member, and our first member to ever actually die! Then, we had him come back, and merge with Donna Troy and the Spectre, so he looked like Donna Troy, had Food Maker Kid's personality and the power of the Spectre. This character (LMB Spectre we'll call him) appeared every once in awhile, so we can include him!

Let me know what you think about all this info!

#735128 09/27/03 11:40 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Great job so far Cobalt. But just what did happen during the infamous 5 year (Month? or maybe it was day) Gap I've heard about???

Just an Old, Broke-Down, Drunk, Bum!!

With a Power Ring...
#735129 09/27/03 11:50 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
WOW, Cobie!!! What a memory you have on you, young buck!

Now I see that this LMB Continuity Timeline IS feasable, very do-able!

Oh and Cruey-- my above post was poorly worded. I knew you weren't very heavily involved in the story threads and such which is why I figured your help in that regard would be minimal. Your input re: certain aspects of the timeline would be swell though! (Who was leader/deputy when? etc.) No slight was meant to my favorite virtual blue-blood!

#735130 09/27/03 12:10 PM
Bold Flavors
OP Offline
Bold Flavors
Lash, I definately agree! I've been wanting to go through it for awhile, for mainly the reason that every time I've taken a big absence from the LMB (about three or four) I come back to find a bunch of cool new members and old members that I used to talk to are gone! I can easily piece together the gaps, but I always end up saying to myself "damn, I wish I was around for this". One case is that I never was around when Loser Lad stopped posting, and when I came back he was long gone. This makes me want to piece together the continuity so that old time LMB posters are never forgotten (i.e Dedman, Sasha, etc.).

Tomorrow I should have some free time, we'll start piecing together the first two "eras" as they happened, and how they fit into LMB continuity smile ! I'm thinking Golden age LMB, the LMB experience, a great crisis bringing together the LMBers (in Lardy's who are you thread) where they fought some baddie (Salad-Tosser Lad or another), and then the formation of the LMB as it happened in your thread!

#735131 09/27/03 12:56 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Sounds great Cobes. I'll be around tomorrow.

(Damn! Whatever DID happen to Dedman and Sasha-- The Mighty Fan Boy Man Lad? They were both artistic talents... I'll assume they're out drawin' up a storm somewhere).

#735132 09/27/03 08:55 PM
S
Stu Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
S
What a cool idea!

I miss those guys -- and what about Galadhran? Yellow Kid? Ultra JO? Zoe's Love Slave? Ample Man?

And don't forget my buds LOST IN LUST LAD and DIAL H FOR H.O.M.O.! laugh

#735133 09/28/03 04:06 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
For Lost in Lust Lad you better send Terence a link to this board, Stuey!

As for Dial H for H-O-M-O, I dunno who HE is, but I wanna ask him out for drinks/dinner when he is available!

#735134 09/28/03 08:59 AM
S
Stu Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
S
Dial H for HOMO (one of the most amusing internet handles I've run across) is none other than Mart from the DC boards! He joined the Yahoo group and posted a couple of times, which makes him a bona fide LMBPer in my mind. smile

#735135 09/28/03 10:28 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by MLLASH:
guilty as charged ... I tend to lurk more than post ... but just like being at the beach, you never know what else is in the water with you ...

Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...
#735136 09/28/03 10:32 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
It was one of the more enjoyable periods of LMB history smile
dude, you have brought back some really good memories ... the "LMBP: Five years later" thread is my personal favorite ... good to see you posting here ...

Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...
#735137 09/28/03 12:51 PM
Bold Flavors
OP Offline
Bold Flavors
Originally posted by SharkLad:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
[b] It was one of the more enjoyable periods of LMB history smile
dude, you have brought back some really good memories ... the "LMBP: Five years later" thread is my personal favorite ... good to see you posting here ... [/b]
Thanks Sharkey, it's good to see you here too! There are a whole lot of LMB memories that I've been reminded of too lately!

#735138 09/28/03 12:53 PM
Bold Flavors
OP Offline
Bold Flavors
The Five years later thread was one of the best we ever did, and is my personal favorite, especially with the ending:). That still exists in LMB continuity, along with the Search for Lard Lad, and all of Lardy's subsequent stories, though in a future timeline that may or may not occur!

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,019
Posts1,044,964
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Gorilla Nebula
Gorilla Nebula
san francisco
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star