Roll Call
0 members (), 56 Murran Spies, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/28/24 02:51 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/28/24 02:50 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/28/24 02:49 AM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/28/24 02:49 AM
Legion of Super-Heroes #7 (2020) - Preview and Spoilers
by Ann Hebistand - 04/27/24 10:06 AM
The 2nd All Avengers Thread
by Ann Hebistand - 04/27/24 10:04 AM
So, what are you listening to?
by Ann Hebistand - 04/27/24 06:34 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/27/24 02:11 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 16 of 17 1 2 14 15 16 17
Re: LMB: the Continuity!
#735489 08/26/04 12:46 PM
Bold Flavors
OP Offline
Bold Flavors
I did the same thing with my password for years! I got so used to typing the randomly generated one, that I've used it for other non-Legion related stuff in the past too...

#735490 08/26/04 12:49 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I never changed the DCMB-generated password for my LoserLad ID either. I posted there for a year and a half with that password. I believe it was rRhcPa.

Loving the new avatar EDE!

#735491 08/26/04 12:57 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
The fact that I can still remember that password after more than 3 years scares the hell out of me...

#735492 08/26/04 12:58 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
Have you stumbled across that disk yet, with the old threads wink ?
Oh, I have the disk right here. I just haven't had the time to format any of the threads to be posted. Be patient my young friend. It'll be well worth the wait! wink

#735493 08/26/04 01:16 PM
M
Leader
Leader
M
Speaking of alt-id's, someone was posting at the old DCMBs for a while as "matlock 3" or something like that. Anyone know what the heck that was all about? It was kind of puzzling, though I'd forgotten all about it til today.

#735494 08/26/04 01:19 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Wasn't me. wink

#735495 08/26/04 01:34 PM
M
Leader
Leader
M
I'll put you down as a "maybe" then.

#735496 08/26/04 01:35 PM
Bold Flavors
OP Offline
Bold Flavors
Originally posted by Loser Lad:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
[b]Have you stumbled across that disk yet, with the old threads wink ?
Oh, I have the disk right here. I just haven't had the time to format any of the threads to be posted. Be patient my young friend. It'll be well worth the wait! wink [/b]
Sounds good Lou smile !

Matlock, I have no idea who it was. I can barely remember to be honest...

#735497 09/11/04 01:01 AM
Deputy
Deputy
WonderGirlII What happened next? WonderGirlII

#735498 09/11/04 01:03 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Then the dinosaurs came, but they got too big and fat, so they all died, and they turned into oil. And, then the Arabs came and they bought Mercedes Benzes. And, Prince Charles started wearing all of Lady Di's clothes. I couldn't believe it, he took her best summer dress out of the closet, and put it on, and went to town....

#735499 09/25/04 10:04 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
Interesting bit of LMB Continuity: Eryk Davis Ester acquired his first nelly cap while working at his job at the ice cream parlol in between "Hot Summer Nights!" and "Doom of the Super-Heroes!"

This may have been the Emerald Nelly Cap of Ekkron, accidentally transferred to our Earth alongside Umber when she was a baby!

#735500 09/26/04 07:09 AM
Substitute
Substitute
Dragonmage I will use this knowledge to OVERTHROW you! smile Dragonmage

#735501 09/26/04 09:51 AM
Bold Flavors
OP Offline
Bold Flavors
That's a very intersting tid-bit of continuity, and one I hope is resolved by EDE and I finally finishing "Crisis on Earth-4!".

I was looking at this thread the other day to see where I left off. More continuity updates are on the way...a lot has happened in the last two months!

There are a few other interesting tidbits of continuity that I've recently remembered (or found out about):

-Space Ranger has seven wives on his home-planet (which he may be trying to get away from).

-Semi has a yet unrevealed second power that hasn't been mentioned in months.

-The original LMB headquarters was destroyed by Yellow Kid, when he was an LMB villian, at the end of Year Two around the time of the great crisis. This led to Crusader and Princess Crujectra creating the LMB Outpost, our new homebase ever since. Since then, Yellow Kid has joined the side of good and become a LMBer (year three), and Crusader has stayed behind to man the Outpost (end of year four/transition to LW) while the rest of the LMB ventured to Legion World.

Updates are on the way!

#735502 09/26/04 11:15 AM
Deputy
Deputy
Umm... Cobie, I don't have seven wives, I have two wives who happen to be Carrgite twins (Sura and Alura) raised and trained from birth to be Carrg's premier assassins. I suppoae If you count them as Sura Black, Sura Gold and Sura Neutral along with Alura Blue, Alura Silver, and Alura Neutral, it would come to six, but it doesn't work that way.

And I am not running from them, (although I did marry them to null a contact on my brother who somehow annoyed the entire planitary populace of Carrrg (I never could spell that!))

Geesh! I don't know if I ever told Try any of this! eek
Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Better find her and do some Fast Talking!)

(Just as soon as the Check Clears!)
#735503 09/26/04 11:20 AM
Bold Flavors
OP Offline
Bold Flavors
Hm, thanks Ranger, I was never really sure what their status was. I knew it was six or seven, but had no idea they were actually two Carggites.

Interesting...

Actually, the story of Abin annoying a whole planitary populace sounds even more interesting!

I wonder how Try will take this! You might be in the same dog house your brother was just meer days ago!

#735504 09/26/04 11:24 AM
Deputy
Deputy
I don't think so Cobie, Try is far more understanding of these things than Pagan Lass would ever be.

(at least I HOPE she is...)

(Just as soon as the Check Clears!)
#735505 09/26/04 11:36 AM
Active
Active
Jeepers H. Tutu! Human mating rituals are fun to watch!

rotflmao

When you're in Danger or in Trouble I will be there on the Double.
#735506 09/26/04 12:08 PM
Bold Flavors
OP Offline
Bold Flavors
I've heard you say that before Stoopid Cat, and I'm beginning to agree!

#735507 09/26/04 12:37 PM
Active
Active
Originally posted by Space Ranger:
I don't think so Cobie, Try is far more understanding of these things than Pagan Lass would ever be.

(at least I HOPE she is...)
You are coming over for dinner tonite, aren't you Ranger? laugh Maybe you could bring your NEW girlfriend?

/ / ( . )Y( . ) \ \

What can I DO for you?
#735508 10/06/04 01:43 PM
Bold Flavors
OP Offline
Bold Flavors
bump

To have my latest questions answered!

I'll post more questions as they come to me!

#735509 10/06/04 02:06 PM
Substitute
Substitute
When are you getting to Year Six and how large a role will I get to play in it? laugh

#735510 10/22/04 09:01 AM
Bold Flavors
OP Offline
Bold Flavors
Beginning some long overdue updating (from early to Mid-Summer onwards!). As always, forgive me if I remember the things directly involving me a little better than the rest. Comments are always appreciated!

-Faraway Lad continues to have problems with Sanity or Madness and his government, and is eventually ‘forced’ out of his position as Ambassador to Faraway Places. He then publicly stands in opposition to SoM’s leadership.

-Blockade Boy takes a leave of absence from Legion World and the LMB for a time.

-Minesurfer opens up his ‘WorkBench’ a place to talk shop on Legion World.

-Hrun and Stoopid Cat continue to battle all over Legion World, leading to Stoopid Cat becoming the Tiger God Avatar, an even more powerful feline adversary. In an attempt to broker peace between the two, Cobalt Kid offers them positions in the Security Office as partners, but Hrun had already pushed Stoopid Cat too far and he declined. Hrun, however, became a partime member of the Security Office.

-Harbinger, furious at the attempts on Stoopid Cat and Queen Connie, barged into Cobalt Kid’s office demanding something to be done. However, Cobalt’s use of pretzels and wine, and compliments on her perfume were able to calm the fiery rage of Harbinger.

-Longtime LMBer and former *major* poster Loser Lad returns to Legion World and rejoins the fold of the LMB. The returns of both Shady and Loser Lad cannot be emphasized enough, since both were prominent LMBers for so long.

-Matlock officially joins the Security Office in the wake of the Hrun/Stoopid Cat crisis. He is more often than not paired up with the Security Chief himself, Cobalt Kid. Although he plans on retiring soon, his ten kids at home and house that constantly is being reconstructed keep him from doing so.

-Icefyre returns to Legion World, where he sees newcomer Miss Terious engaged in all kinds of flirting. Hearing stories about her amazing flirting abilities (since he, himself is the most legendary of all flirts), he confronts her in the streets of Legion World. A major misunderstanding occurs and a battle rages on for days on end as other LMBers such as Eryk Davis Ester, Kent Shakespeare, Cobalt Kid and Outdoor Miner are caught in the middle of this furious battle. laugh

-KinetizZoeGreen becomes a more prominent poster at Legion World and really begins increasing her post count.

-Miss Terious becomes enamored with Security Chief Cobalt Kid and the two date for a brief period, resulting in her announcing her pregnancy to Legion World. Much later, she would claim that she had a chip in her head (per the Reboot scheme), but this has largely been disproved. Cobalt Kid, famous for his children being demons, robots and future world conquerors does not react in the same way as Miss Terious. Outdoor Miner enacts the “Cobalt’s Children Protocols” as established by StuRat and Poverty Lad years earlier.

-Harbinger uses the Legion World shoutbox for the funniest shout of all time, begging the question: ‘Sonnie, got milk?’

-Miss Terious’ pregnancy ends shortly, as she suddenly gives birth to a huge amount of children, all becoming full-grown very quickly. Apparently, her connection to her dead sister Mysa, who was preordained to come back to life, combined with the demon-seed of Cobalt Kid (a curse by the Time Mouse Trapper and Dr. Albert Hoffman) led to this explosion of children onto Legion World. These children soon became dubbed “Miss T’s Legion of Alt ID’s”.

-Attempting to learn the nature of these events, Miss T journies to the realm of Dr. Mayavale for assistance. She asks that Cobalt take care of the children, but he fears his track record with children is too poor for such a responsibility (in light of Elagabolus and his own kids) and he puts them in the hands of deputy leader, Outdoor Miner.

-Space Ranger returns to Legion World after a long period of time away (after the Alt ID rebellion, per Stoopid Cat). He is welcomed by his friends, who want to trust him but are wary. He is placed on a probation period at the Security Office. Also, he begins a relationship with Trysexual Girl, one of the Legion of Miss T’s Alt IDs.

-RTVU ventures to Legion World and joins the LMB, and soon becomes a prominent poster.

-Cobalt Kid uses his Triumvir funds to erect the “Statue of the Random Lurker” as a tribute to the lurking class of Legion World.

-Vee’s Villa is hit by a hurricane, and many Legion Worlders pitch in to help keep the Villa restored and repaired.

-Many posters see a large increase in their activity and begin chatting at the same time every night. Dubbed the “Every Night Chat Friends”, these posters consisted of Miss Terious, Loser Lad, KinetizZoeGreen, Abin Quank, Actor Lad, RTVU, Kent Shakespeare, with others joining in, such as Lash Lad, Eryk Davis Ester and Cobalt Kid to name a few.

-Future begins a Legion World marketing campaign by producing some of the most ingenious Bumper Stickers ever seen.

-KinetizZoeGreen retires from the LMB and Legion World. To fill her spot on the roster, she contacts an old friend, the HighPriestess Viviane to take her place. (NOTE- this is how the actual continuity will work to explain the transition in characters). The High Priestess Viviane joins the LMB and Legion World, and opens a portal to her isle of Avalon on LW.

#735511 10/22/04 09:22 AM
Bold Flavors
OP Offline
Bold Flavors
-In honor of the Legion/Titans crossover, Nightcrawler puts forth Titans Month for Legion World. Many LWers took on Titans-esque names and avatars, and engaged in Titans talk for a month. For example, Lightning Lad became Deathstroke Kid for a brief period of time.

-Rhino begins the new slogan “Feh! To Fataphobia!”

-The LMB Tag Story “Universe Aflame” (which has not really gotten off the ground) occurs in tandem with the Titans crossover.

-Dr. Gimlet, a new arrival on Legion World, opens up Medicus One to help the sick. Dr. One, the LMBer who is more a scienctist than a doctor, has been on a leave of absence, so this role is filled nicely.

-Miss Terious’s Dreamataria is destroyed by a bombing, while she is away. It becomes clear that she is in danger.

-High Priestess Viviane joins the Security Office as an officer to help hunt down the culprit.

-Sanity or Madness changes his name to Reboot.

-Miss Terious returns to Legion World, with a clearer understanding of her Legion of Alt IDs. With this newfound understanding of the connection, she learns that she is able to tap into each ID and use that body when she needs to. Thus, she has a legion of over a dozen ‘bodies’ that she can use in battle, although only one at a time.

-During a minor altercation that began as playful joking but turned into wild accusations, Reboot threatens to kick out Cobalt Kid from his position as Security Chief. Cobalt points out that he does not have the power to do so. Soon, Reboot begins manipulating the Legion World treasury to hurt the Security Office’s budget. Cobalt then uses his own funds as Triumvir to supply it. Reboot then tells Legion World that he found a chip in his head, with “Cobalt Kid” written on it, claiming that the Security Chief tried to control him. Cobalt, outraged, denies this ever happened and points to his heroic resume as proof he’d never do such a thing.

-Eventually, Reboot claims that Princess Crujectra also has a chip in her head, for supporting Cobalt Kid, and this takes away a lot of the legitimacy of the claim. It becomes apparent that Cobalt Kid did no such thing, although Reboot still claimed to have a chip in his head, although he did not know who placed it there. In related events, Miss Terious used this scandal to explain her passions for Cobalt a month earlier, and even more strangely, a robot called “Cobalt-Bot entered Legion World, although many believe it was a former Stu-bot with alterations. This robot has since disappeared.

-Thora’s influence continues to grow, as she begins attracting more followers. Her most loyal followers remain Icefyre and Rokk Steady.

-Eryk Davis Ester, an authority on famous lurkers, erects a statue of the lurker Grendel on Legion World with Triumvir funds, in hopes to draw the notorious lurker out.

-Loser Lad and Princess Crujectra re-spark the old flame and ‘enjoy each other’s company’ again.

-There is an even greater increase in flirting than ever before on Legion World, as desire and jealousy run deep. Viviane, Loser Lad, Future, Miss Terious and Kent Shakespeare all flirt a great deal, although Miss Terious also flirts with Cobalt Kid, Eryk Davis Ester, Numf-El and others. Rumors of Eryk Davis Ester and Leap Year Lass’s romance remain rumors, while it is clear that Cobalt Kid was romantically linked to Thora, Tiffany Spiffany and Miss Terious in addition to his wife Space Tart. Space Tart responded by flirting with Faraway Lad and Eryk Davis Ester. None of these affairs can be either confirmed or proven as not happening. Not to let the strait community out do them, a renewed gay flirting on Legion World ensued, as Lash, Quislet, Kid Prime, Semi, Vu, CJ Taylor, Ultra Matt and others showed Legion World how flirting was really done. Throughout this period of immense flirting, many wondered if Lash Lad, forever sought after by lustful men and women, truly had a crush on his good friend, Eryk Davis Ester.

-For reasons that remain unexplained, Kid Prime, Lash Lad and Cobalt Kid all ended up in a bathtub together.

-Medicus One is destroyed. It has yet to be determined if this was the result of terrorism or negligence on the part of the employees there.

-Space Ranger is reinstated as Deputy Chief of Security on Legion World.

#735512 10/22/04 09:42 AM
Bold Flavors
OP Offline
Bold Flavors
The Legion World Civil War and the Great Compromise

-Miss Terious begins an ant-Cobalt propaganda campaign. Most believed it to be for reasons that were more personnel than anything.

-Reboot allies with Miss T during this campaign.

-Miss T threatens to overthrow Eryk Davis Ester and threatens his life. This causes Chief of Security, Cobalt Kid to warn her to stop, because it’s against the law. Believing this to be some sort of show of Triumvir unity, Miss accuses them of being an oligarchy and threatens to overthrow them. EDE and Cobalt reply that there is nothing to overthrow, since they are not in an elected position, and their functions as Triumvirs do not relate to daily life on Legion World.

-Reboot joins in on this campaign and even begins threatening his own violence.

-Miss T begins dividing Legion World down the middle into a potential Civil War, continuing to prepare for a violent revolt. EDE and Cobalt continue to broker for peace, although EDE is forced to defend himself. Reboot accuses the Triumvirs of oligarchy, and EDE and Cobalt reply that they have done more for Legion World than he ever has, and that he has acted as a tyrant. They make mention that many LWers have waited for his term to end quietly, fearing his insanity.

-Abin Quank joins Miss Terious’ group and has a violent confrontation with various Security Officers. He and Cobalt Kid duke it out over the skies.

-Space Ranger opts to sit this Civil War out, since he would be opposing his brother, Trysexual Girl and Miss T’s Legion of Alt IDs, which he could not do as spiritual leader of alt Ids.

-Miss T’s use of her alt ID’s then brings into question the Alt ID/Legion World split, which still had many tensions left over from the short-lived, but never resolved ‘Alt ID Rebellion’. The feline community quickly joined EDE’s side, as the previous tensions there were brought up.

-Kid Prime, the most likely candidate to win the next leadership elections, asks Legion World for peace.

-Reboot accuses the Triumvirs of oligarchy. However, it is soon revealed in a recount of the previous election, that he won his term as leader by cheating in the polls. In all reality, he was never leader to begin with. The Triumvirs, now joined by Greybird, depose Reboot from his position of leader of the LMB and elevate the true leader, Outdoor Miner to that position. The record books now that Outdoor Miner was leader all along, since he won fair and square and cheating in an election will not be tolerated.

-Cobalt and EDE, who remained true to their guns and never stopped brokering for peace, continue to push Miss Terious to do the same. Cobalt then suggest that Miss Terious, who feels like she has no power on LW, could become the next leaders liaisons to alt ID’s, since she has so many. Further, Cobalt Kid proposes that they open up an Alt ID Cultural Center to do so. Eryk Davis Ester, impressed with his friend’s idea, immediately ends his role in the Civil War. Outdoor Miner suggests that they use the old blown up Dreamataria, and he signs the papers needed to create such a center and position for Miss Terious in the government. With peace so close to reach, Miss T compromises and agrees to the terms, seeing the benefits of the Alt ID Center.

-“The Great Compromise” takes place, as Eryk Davis Ester, Cobalt Kid and the High Priestess Viviance use their funds and EDE’s Construction company to build the Alt ID Center, dubbed ‘The Giant Squid Memorial Center for Alt ID Culture”, in honor of the alt ID who fought and died in the Dark Stu Saga. The long time tensions of the Alt ID Rebellion are finally laid to rest. Even further, Cobalt Kid uses his money to build Medicus Two, on the suggestion of Miss Terious. Miss Terious is named Alt ID Liason.

-Further, EDE and Cobalt Kid agree to a nude Greco-Roman style wrestling match to please Miss T for the good of Legion World, and have at it on paperview. In a strange twist of events, EDE picks up a strange lavender kryptonite that gives him super-strength and speed and wins (thereby getting the rights to take Miss T to the next LW dance). The mystery of this kryptonite is explored later in this thread.

-The Center opens as a smashing success, and Space Ranger becomes part of the three major advisors there. The third is a surprise and shock to all, as Lucifer Lass, longtime LMB villain, enters Legion World and assumes this role. Her true intentions are yet unrevealed, although many still fear her (even though she has yet to do anything wrong). Surprise guest Stoopid Cat gave a memorable speech on the day of the opening.

#735513 10/22/04 10:07 AM
Bold Flavors
OP Offline
Bold Flavors
Other things that occurred at this time:

-The next elections loom on the horizon and people began nominating themselves. They were: Kid Prime, Thora, Creativity Kid, HighPriestess Vivane, Ultra Matt, RTVU, Portfolio Boy, Bizarro No1, Actor Lad (my apologies—I think I left someone out and will fix it, I just cant remember now and am too busy to check smile ) Many are impressed with the relative newcomers that nominate themselves.

-The Red Bee begins posting more.

-Loser Lad begins training with the High Priestess Viviane on the Holy Isle of Avalon. They also appeared to be enamored with one another.

-Cobalt Kid and Hrun the Barbarian promise to capture Glorith should she reappear again.

-CJ pledges his allegiance to the Triumvirs, although this appears to be suspect.

-To promote herself, Thora hosts a ‘Sadie Hawkins Dance’, which turns out to be a smash-success. Many attend and have a great time, and Thora earns lots of respect and support among Legion Worlders who never had it for her before.

-After the dance, the High Priestess Viviane and Abin Quank, both a little tipsy, hook up and engage in a sexual encounter. Viviane’s goddess flew threw her, and Opal Jannel was conceived on that night.

-The next day, Pagan Lass goes on a tear through Legion World, demanding she find Abin and Viviane. Viv explains that it was the will of the goddess and Pagan Lass said she understood. Abin hid at the Loser Cave with Loser Lad, while Pagan Lass recruited Cobalt Kid to help her. Knowing it would get on Abin’s nerves, she erected the ‘Second Great Statue of Cobalt Kid’, and used her feminine charms on him to get him to help her.

-With the approaching elections, Café Cramer becomes a center for Legion World politics, as Kent, Semi, Space Ranger, Future, FC, Matlock and others wondered what was in store next for them.

-Matlock continues the investigation of the Lavender Kryptonite and it’s origins, which is still an open case.

-The Sorceress Morgause enters Legion World and begins plotting against the High Priestess Viviane. The Woods of Lothian magically become part of the surrounding areas of Legion World. StuRat, Loser Lad and Cobalt Kid venture into them one day but are forced out, although Loser Lad and Morguase have some strange connection.

-The annual LW Homecoming Dance occurs, although it is no wear as popular as Thora’s Sadie Hawkins Dance. However, the dating to prepare for the dance was very interesting: Miss T tried to get both Eryk Davis Ester and Kent Shakespeare to take her. Pagan Lass, still mad at Abin went with Cobalt Kid. Space Tart then went with Faraway Lad, Lucien Lad, Princess Crujectra and CJ Taylor all attended together, while Eiishuu and Mearl Dox went together. Dr. Mayavale showed up, as Future and Viviane double dated with Loser Lad and Thora.

-To prepare for the dance, Bevis re-opens his old Boutique (which may or may not have been a center for the anti-Stu resistance), and shows off his designer skills.

-Viviane gives birth to Opal Janell.

-The Elections take place and Kid Prime and Ultra Matt become the next leaders of Legion World.

Page 16 of 17 1 2 14 15 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,019
Posts1,044,971
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Faraway Lad
Faraway Lad
Newcastle upon Tyne England
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star