Roll Call
0 members (), 48 Murran Spies, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Legion of Super-Heroes #7 (2020) - Preview and Spoilers
by Ann Hebistand - 04/27/24 10:06 AM
The 2nd All Avengers Thread
by Ann Hebistand - 04/27/24 10:04 AM
So, what are you listening to?
by Ann Hebistand - 04/27/24 06:34 AM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Ann Hebistand - 04/27/24 06:32 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/27/24 02:11 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/26/24 06:56 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/26/24 06:55 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 17 1 2 3 4 16 17
Re: LMB: the Continuity!
#735139 09/28/03 05:40 PM
Bold Flavors
OP Offline
Bold Flavors
Lash, I've been reading the Legion of Message Board Posters thread, and here's what I've come up with for the founders:

Cobalt Kid, Tsarin Lad, Lard Lad, Shadowplay in Candlelight Lass, Lash Lad, BBC, Goon Boy and Lev Lad are all the founders pretty much. Greybird and Newcru joined right after (so they may be possible founders), and then Rhino, Beagz and Loser joined in that order.

Also, I think we decided long ago that anyone who only posted once or twice was considered an honorary member in the LMB continuity.

So LMB continuity would go with the Golden Age LMB first, then the LMB experience, then the appearance of Salad-Tosser Lord that caused the LMBers to first get together and meet (the Who Are you thread), and then the formation of the LMB with Lash Lad, Shady, Lardy, Cobalt, Tsarin, Seahorse, Lev Lad and Goon Boy. Crusader and Greybird Boy joined the very next mission! Then Rhino, Beagle Boy and Loser Lad.

#735140 09/28/03 05:45 PM
Bold Flavors
OP Offline
Bold Flavors
I also forgot Engine Joe! For Engine Joe, the LMB continuity has always gone with the notion that he was a great hero of the past who helped inspire the formation of the LMB (similar to Super Boy). Of course, once the LMB was formed, he was long gone. He did return for a brief spell as the Son of the Eagle (where he came to our time), but had to return.

After Loser, the next members were Ultra Jo and Lumber Fox, and Sk8 Maven earned Honorary status.

Eventually during Year One, Lard Lad is elected leader, and Cobalt Kid and Shady are elected as Co-Deputy leaders.

#735141 09/28/03 05:54 PM
Bold Flavors
OP Offline
Bold Flavors
More parts of Year One:

-Lash, if you remember, it was you and I who formed the Espionage Squad and went to a tropical Hawaiin world (or something like that)

-more members joined like Kbern Kid, Armsfalloffboy, and others

-And eventually there was the road trips! The first appearances of Space Tart, Lucien, Foodmaker Kid coming back to life as the Spectre/Donna Troy, the fight with the Anti-Moderator, the wars on the GL boads that the LMB became embroiled in (including Smashface tracking us down to your HQ, fighting us, eventually joining for a bit and leaving after people were getting very fed up with him), and trips to Titan world, Opal City, Impulse world, and other places!

#735142 09/28/03 06:06 PM
Bold Flavors
OP Offline
Bold Flavors
For a full list of all the members of year one, we can just go and check out the files saved at the LMB yahoo group.

The first 'year' also saw the Legion of Message Board Super pets, including Blok the rock, Piddlin' Pup and two or three others. Villians included the Entropy Spinach, Mordru (I think a hot woman with a big grey beard though), Salad Tosser Lord and maybe a few others I can't remember.

The first few months were so crazy, it's hard to keep track of everything. Other important posters were Midnight Son, Shark Lad, Sasha, HardShell the Turtle Boy, Dev-Em, Dean Lee. Princess Crujectra and Jailbait Lass both joined too I think, but Jailbait lass was forced to leave for being too young. Princess No-Protection too, remember her?

Oh, and Hummer Lass and BJ Boy fought against the LMB. Lardy married Hermaphrodite Helen after she became a full woman, then divorced her to date Hummer Lass. Pro-D is his little pet/friend.

For Year Two, I'm going to use the cut off that I already mentioned, what do you think? That would put Faraway, Therod, Foxy Roxy, Dedman, Furball, Carrina Winters and Kid Psychout as early members of Year Two. This was also the time we had that enormous tag team thread with three stories going on at the same time that included two Khunds joining and getting killed, and albino midget with a Liefield-esque gun fighting us and all kinds of other debauchery.

And what was the name of the hut we used to drink at? The Hootchie Hut?

#735143 09/28/03 06:12 PM
Bold Flavors
OP Offline
Bold Flavors
I know I'm posting a lot on this tonight, but I'm having a blast re-reading that old thread!

Other important developments that I can remember:
-the development of "Sweet Ass Sweet" as the LMB motto

-Lurker Lad joining

-Stately Wayne Manor-Eater Lad joining (by far the funniest name) and then changing it to Zoe's Love Slave.

-Another important part of LMB continuity: the death of Tsarin Kid, who stays dead for some time, and his rebirth as Mystery Lad!

-And we may as well retcon Foodmaker Kid as one of the first to join the LMB, and the first to die.

#735144 09/28/03 06:15 PM
S
Stu Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
S
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
-And we may as well retcon Foodmaker Kid as one of the first to join the LMB, and the first to die.
He can be like the postboot Kid Quantum of the LMBP -- Kid Quisinart! laugh

#735145 09/28/03 08:43 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
the wars on the GL boads that the LMB became embroiled in (including Smashface tracking us down to your HQ, fighting us, eventually joining for a bit and leaving after people were getting very fed up with him
SMASHFACE was a major tool ... I remember writing one bit o' fiction where I took him out of the action by biting him on the arse ... he replied by claiming my ugly face caused him to lose control of his bowels ... I told him it must be difficult to be spewing crap forth from both ends ... yeah, the good ol' days ...

Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...
#735146 09/28/03 09:04 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Go Cobie. GO! You're kicking ass boy!

I guess Engine Joe falls somewhere in late 1999-early 2000, decades after the Golden Age LMB (didn't Faraway have an official name for them...?) and the LMB Experience were long-gone.

Your cutoff point for Year 1 sounds good to me.

I certainly think the CURRENT year (which would be, I think Year 4?) might begin around the time of HOT SUMMER NIGHTS, closely followed by DOOM OF THE SUPER-HEROES and SUPER-JAILHOUSE OF SPACE. These were the story-threads begun last summer Cobie, when Eryk Davis Ester and Varalent began posting...

So is Lardy's 5-Years Later story in-continuity or not? Or just select bits & peices of it?

You've done some fantastic research!

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#735147 09/28/03 11:09 PM
Bold Flavors
OP Offline
Bold Flavors
Lash, I agree, the current year should start right there. Damn, that means that I just missed Eryk Davis Ester and Varalent, they started posting right after my terms as Leader ended and I stopped posting for a bit! Its things like that that make me want to go through LMB continuity. Those stories should fall right into that period.

Shark Lad- I remember Smashface too and how much of a jerk he was. What was really funny though is that he was so annoying on the GL boards that we were all posting about him on the Legionnaires board when he suddenly appears to let us know that he had read everything we said. I don't think anyone really liked him but Shady, who liked everyone. He left before I came back from my first absence, so he didn't stay long. I do remember the thread where you went evil too, and that was one of the funniest two to three months of LMB history with that one tag team thread that went for six or seven pages and had about ten subplots.

New Kid/Space Ranger- The LMB 5 year gap is a possible future LMB continuity that we started that was absolutely histerical. Everyone had changed (for the worst pretty much) and we all got together to save the world, it was great. That was about three months into the LMB's existence and most of the LMB membership didn't exist then:). So it's mainly a possible future in my mind, like the Adventure era Legion future or the days of future past X-Men future! Lardy sometimes writes stories about the LMB during that period, so when he writes another, it should be interesting to see his take on all the new members like yourself wink

Other tidbits of Year One:
-The Time Mouse Trapper was a major villian (Time Trapper as a mouse)

-Lost in Lust Lad joined, and with him, Midnight Son, Lucien Lad, Space Tart and Smashface, that pretty much completes all the members during year one. There are a few more I haven't mentioned here who only posted a few times, and anyone who wants to see the full membership should check out the LMB yahoo group's files. The final member for year one I think should be Mighty Fan Boy Lad, who really became a prominent poster during that first summer (when I was absent). He was a great kid and I've always though of him and how he's doing. For those of you who never met him (the majority of LMBers), he was a fifteen year old Legion fan who was a really great kid that was fun and charmingly naive. He really started posting a lot at the end of year one and the beginning of Year two.

So Year One ends with Sasha as the last member, the road trips (which were a blast), Lardy's term ending and Lash getting elected (with Lardy as deputy), the creation of the Yahoo Group (the essential LMB HQ) and the LMB being firmly established.

Oh and Lash, I remember that during this time, we started talking about Chris Klein more often smile .

Space Tart is the first official alt Id to join the LMB, and then Foxy Roxy and Princess Crujectra are the next I believe.

And if anyone wonders about the "road trips", this was my personnal favorite part of this era, although me starting, leading and being a major poster in them has a lot to do with it! I belive we posted in the Impulse, Wonder Woman, Titans, Starman, JSA and then the GL boards for a big ending. We met Space Tart at the Impulse boards, Lucien at the WW boards and a whole lot of other great people, had a blast at the Titans boards (and also saw Foodmaker resurrected), met some cool people at the Starman boards. The JSA and GL boards were really hectic, and I remember the GL board being hysterically funny as a lot of us took extreme positions on the Hal vs. Kyle debate to get a flame war started. All in all, it was pretty fun!

Well, up next, Year Two!

#735148 09/29/03 01:08 AM
G
Leader
Leader
G
It may be easier to tell the players with a (visual) scorecard. Especially for those who aren't familiar with who was who. Here's Dean Lee's rendition of the LMBP after its first three months ...

[Linked Image]

#735149 09/29/03 01:25 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I see Dev-Em is depicted -- is this the same Dev-Em that went on to betray the LMBP? Every Legion comtinuity needs a "traitor" storyline I suppose. ( I guess he was a mad Daxamite after all...)

#735150 09/29/03 04:41 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
*sigh* I miss bellbookcandle (BBC)-- later known as Seahorse, affectionately called BBSea by me....

I enjoy Pov posing with his pic as an avatar.

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#735151 09/29/03 05:57 AM
Pov Offline
Don't Stop Peelieving
Don't Stop Peelieving
You rang?!! laugh

I miss SeaBri dearly. I got giggling so hard when the thought first struck me to use his picture for my avatar, I knew I HAD to do it. BBSea was the poster most responsible (outside of you, Lashie love ) for me joining up with all you crazies. I hope his real life lets him find his way back to us someday... frown

"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me
#735152 09/29/03 06:45 AM
Leader
Leader
PS- and Lash, I just remembered an interesting tidbit! Remember, we retconned Food Maker Kid to being a member, and our first member to ever actually die! Then, we had him come back, and merge with Donna Troy and the Spectre, so he looked like Donna Troy, had Food Maker Kid's personality and the power of the Spectre. This character (LMB Spectre we'll call him) appeared every once in awhile, so we can include him!
Wasn't he also Jar-Jar Binks as well? I'm pretty sure that at one point he was about six or seven different people at the same time.

Five Years Later was a great story. I was the traitor in that one (well, various LMBPers formed a boy band. What else was I to do?).

Aldo even though we're talking about current continuity it wouldn't do to forget the important retcon aspects as well. Like The Living Retcon (later retconned into being just Floyd I think). Ooh, and didn't Lash gain retcon powers at some point? Or was it Beagz? I'm sure that all ended after having a L'il LMBP running round for a little while and that's where Beagz's children came from (twins I think. Possibly the children of Princess Crujectra I think but I might be lying about that). And Lucien Lad had... well, not retcon powers but nostalgia powers which messed with time a few times. In fact I think he was/is actually a temporal anomoly himself.

Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Unless Tamper Lad Screws it up...)
#735153 09/29/03 07:28 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by Bevis:
In fact I think he was/is actually a temporal anomoly himself.
speaking of temporal anomolies, anyone else remember the Time Mouse Trapper? And can I just say, it cracks me up that Psychotic Beaver made the LMBP group pic ...

Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...
#735154 09/29/03 08:18 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by DrakeB3003:
I see Dev-Em is depicted -- is this the same Dev-Em that went on to betray the LMBP? Every Legion comtinuity needs a "traitor" storyline I suppose. ( I guess he was a mad Daxamite after all...)
Yes. That's me.

I was the 25th member to join. That much I remember.

Active LMB character is still Beast Boy.

#735155 09/29/03 08:47 AM
Bold Flavors
OP Offline
Bold Flavors
Originally posted by Dev Em:
Originally posted by DrakeB3003:
[b] I see Dev-Em is depicted -- is this the same Dev-Em that went on to betray the LMBP? Every Legion comtinuity needs a "traitor" storyline I suppose. ( I guess he was a mad Daxamite after all...)
Yes. That's me.

I was the 25th member to join. That much I remember. [/b]
Dev, you also had the honor of being in one of the coolest postathon threads I've ever seen with Lardy, Lash, Loser and Newcru (I think it wsa them)! Postathons were always a blast to do to, I think the last one I had (not counting the regular nightly postathons here, making this place really cool) was with Lardy, Lash and Midnight Son on the Phineas board. That's part of the reason SHAKES is so cool, someones always around!

#735156 09/29/03 08:47 AM
Bold Flavors
OP Offline
Bold Flavors
Originally posted by SharkLad:
[b] In fact I think he was/is actually a temporal anomoly himself.
speaking of temporal anomolies, anyone else remember the Time Mouse Trapper? And can I just say, it cracks me up that Psychotic Beaver made the LMBP group pic ... [/b]
Ha, yeah Psychotic Beaver I think achieved LMB status and then went evil too!

#735157 09/29/03 08:50 AM
Bold Flavors
OP Offline
Bold Flavors
[b]PS- and Lash, I just remembered an interesting tidbit! Remember, we retconned Food Maker Kid to being a member, and our first member to ever actually die! Then, we had him come back, and merge with Donna Troy and the Spectre, so he looked like Donna Troy, had Food Maker Kid's personality and the power of the Spectre. This character (LMB Spectre we'll call him) appeared every once in awhile, so we can include him!
Wasn't he also Jar-Jar Binks as well? I'm pretty sure that at one point he was about six or seven different people at the same time.

Five Years Later was a great story. I was the traitor in that one (well, various LMBPers formed a boy band. What else was I to do?).

Aldo even though we're talking about current continuity it wouldn't do to forget the important retcon aspects as well. Like The Living Retcon (later retconned into being just Floyd I think). Ooh, and didn't Lash gain retcon powers at some point? Or was it Beagz? I'm sure that all ended after having a L'il LMBP running round for a little while and that's where Beagz's children came from (twins I think. Possibly the children of Princess Crujectra I think but I might be lying about that). And Lucien Lad had... well, not retcon powers but nostalgia powers which messed with time a few times. In fact I think he was/is actually a temporal anomoly himself. [/b]
Sadly, Foodmaker was also Jar Jar Binks for a time, and Hal Jordan, and some other people smile . See the Road Trip at Titan World for the full story it's hysterical! I think eventually we killed the Jar Jar Binks part.

The retcons are all a bit confusing because of Lash, Floyd and you (Lucien), but make the continuity all the more fun! I don't any of the retcons majorly affect this part of LMB continuity, but correct me if I'm wrong. And the retconning didn't start this early in LMB history yet, but gets crazy at the end of year two and beginning of year three!

#735158 09/29/03 08:52 AM
Bold Flavors
OP Offline
Bold Flavors
Originally posted by Low-Middle-Income Lad:
You rang?!! laugh

I miss SeaBri dearly. I got giggling so hard when the thought first struck me to use his picture for my avatar, I knew I HAD to do it. BBSea was the poster most responsible (outside of you, Lashie love ) for me joining up with all you crazies. I hope his real life lets him find his way back to us someday... frown
I really miss Sea a lot too! His dry humor always cracked me up, and he was a sweet guy. He is also mainly responsible for me returning after being gone for a year and a half, after he took the time to email and invite me to the new board! After that I got to meet Pov and Stu and hang out with the LMB after a long absence, so I'll always be thankful for that! Has anyone talked to him in awhile?

#735159 09/29/03 09:00 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
If I remember correctly, I came about because of a board revamp (I think it might have been when the Legionnaires board ceased to be, but it may have just been a board hiccup. In any case, LMBP continuity suffered a hiccup, and Newcru King (currently known as The Crusader) was rebooted as Princess Crujectra. I believe this was also when we first saw Loser Snake and Lashwire.

When the continuity went back to normal, Newcru King returned, but with a twin sister, Princess Crujectra.

I believe it was at that time that I modified the siblings' powers, replacing Newcru's original "super-cleaning" powers with telepathy and telekinesis, and gave Crujectra illusion casting and limited precognition.

Down the road, Crujectra's limited tactile telekinesis manifested, which I use mostly to enhance my strength. I believe that my precognitive powers have faded away, though frown

Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs
#735160 09/29/03 09:02 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I wonder if I should reboot myself?

#735161 09/29/03 09:04 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Dev, you also had the honor of being in one of the coolest postathon threads I've ever seen with Lardy, Lash, Loser and Newcru (I think it wsa them)! Postathons were always a blast to do to, I think the last one I had (not counting the regular nightly postathons here, making this place really cool) was with Lardy, Lash and Midnight Son on the Phineas board. That's part of the reason SHAKES is so cool, someones always around!
Those threads were fun. I remember racking up pages upon pages of pure spam...

#735162 09/29/03 09:08 AM
Bold Flavors
OP Offline
Bold Flavors
Grey, that LMB portrait I think pretty much sums up Year One, who the members were (that posted all the time), with only a few exceptions!

#735163 09/29/03 09:11 AM
Bold Flavors
OP Offline
Bold Flavors
I think that first reboot of the board happened sometime in Year Two when I wasn't posting that often. I remember checking in to find Loser a Snake, and Newcru a princess. Where there any other funny reboots. This first continuity retcon was in Year Two, but was it connected to Lash's retcon powers (I think they came later), Lucien's (ditto) or the Living Retcon? I think the Living Retcon happened sometime in Year Two. Also, Lash took on the name Lashwire for a time during the beginning of Year Two.

Page 2 of 17 1 2 3 4 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,019
Posts1,044,963
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
SoM
SoM
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star