Roll Call
0 members (), 24 Murran Spies, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/11/24 09:37 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/10/24 04:47 PM
Kill This Thread LII - The End of the Deck of Cards
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/10/24 04:29 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/10/24 02:58 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/10/24 02:56 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/10/24 02:55 AM
Legion Trivia 6
by thoth lad - 05/09/24 03:34 PM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
Re: Let's talk about LSH #10 (potential spoilers aplenty)...
#74185 09/30/05 12:17 PM
Active
Active
I find it ironic that a character created solely to be a straight guy's idea of the perfect "babe" should have among her loyal fans, a gay guy...
Life's funny like that.
---gay guy

#74186 09/30/05 03:37 PM
Leader
Leader
I don't have enough time to read through all these pages (at work) but lemme just say:

Oh. My. God.

re Nura:

Oh no you di-ent!

#74187 09/30/05 07:27 PM
Active
Active
Are we sure that that's Dreamy? The page before the one with the arm sticking out of the wreckage (Barry is there anyway you could put numbers in) Lyle grabs Dreamy's shoulder but she turns around and says who? in Interlac. Or is this another red herring?

[Linked Image]
Thumnail

#74188 09/30/05 07:43 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
The hairstyle (its way too short) is all wrong and she has a weird baseball-diamond like mark on her forehead...That can't be Dream Girl confused

#74189 09/30/05 08:00 PM
Yk Offline
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
LAM, you really really need to buy a copy of the book or borrow someone's and read it. Honest.

No that's not Nura in the panels above but there IS a shot of her (or at least we're led to believe it's her) a couple of pages later.

No I won't scan and post the page in question because it's the big shocker of the issue and not everybody has had a chance to read it yet. I know we discuss all the particulars but it's still not the same as flipping through the pages in sequence and enjoying the experience for yourself.

#74190 09/30/05 08:00 PM
Active
Active
So is Dream Girl or Tatooed Face Girl dead?

#74191 09/30/05 08:11 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
I actually briefly considered that the fact that Lyle sees a couple of people in the crowd after the building's collapse that he mistakes for Dream Girl might mean that the arm sticking out of the wreckage wasn't Dream Girl either. But that seems very unlikely...

#74192 10/01/05 08:38 AM
Active
Active
wow! 13 pages of comments so far. Well most of the big stuff has been touched so I am going to focus on smaller moments in the book.

(1) Glad to see Star Boy stop trying to mix it up with the big guy (he was swinging uselessly on his arm) and just increase the guys weight instead. I wonder if that is because Cos showed up and gave battle instructions?

(2) Elysion- I am still not sure why he passed out in the cold. He was wearing a duster in a very hot environment, but the cold knocked him out. Did his environment shielding fail, or was that a comment on the nature of his power. if it's a power thing I guess the Legion can always imprison him in Australia.

(3) Micro lad- I noticed Light Lass was seating on his shoulder during the meeting. Micro lad and Light Lass seating in a tree....

(4)Lemnos- I am still amazed by the number of non-human folks in the background of Otherspace. I keep thinking it will mean something.

(5) Now for you Mr. Kitson. I have noticed that there is a lot of emphasis on button pushing in this series. Lemnos presses a button to activate the suicide bombers. Those bombers in turn press a button to activate the bomb. Last issue Invisible pressed buttons to reroute Cos. and of course Brainy has had button pushing highlighted twice (to help remember Lemnos, and to let everyone hear Cos). So, Mr. Kitson, has that always been your trademark or just something you cooked up for the LSH? Thanks.

#74193 10/01/05 08:46 AM
Active
Active
One other thing I noticed. When Elysion came through the transmatter, Cham's antennae were activated. So both Elysion and Lemnos are from races that Cham hasn't encountered before. Now, I realize the galaxy is a big place but it seems strange to me that as a member of a galaxy spanning group, that Cham has not encountered at least one member of either race before. Perhaps this otherspace has been another dimension all along?

#74194 10/01/05 09:15 AM
Active
Active
I think Cham instinctively scans most individual living things capable of independent thought that he hasn't previously met- especially if they have to be considered potential threats - whether he's encountered their species before or not - for example, as no two humans are exactly alike so every single one of them has aspects that would interest him. In the cases of Elysian and Lemnos, they seem rather unusual beings so they would have been natural subjects to scan.

I'm assuming Cham's brain works rather as ours do when we see a bug - if we recognize the species, we probably show little interest, but if we spot something that seems unusual we might instinctively take a closer look at it.

Not sure if that helped clear things up or not! smile

Cheers
Barry

www.barrykitson.com
#74195 10/01/05 09:21 AM
Substitute
Substitute
Maybe Elysiun is a mutant life form and that makes him exotic enoght to cham´s antennae to react. Same goes for Lemnos

#74196 10/01/05 09:29 AM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
I think it kind of makes sense that Cham would automatically scan individuals of "higher species" but only new types of lower species.

One thing I'm curious about is whether he is limited to transformations into living things or whether he can disguise himself as non-living things (e.g. rubbish cans) as well.

#74197 10/01/05 09:40 AM
Active
Active
Good question - we haven't established that have we?

Cheers
Barry

www.barrykitson.com
#74198 10/01/05 12:30 PM
Fabulous and Sparkly!
Fabulous and Sparkly!
Actually, you did several issues ago. He said he could turn into something that looked like a wall, but would still be made of "what do you call it? Flesh!" (Although I like the idea of a gender-neutral character, deep down, Cham will always be "Chameleon Boy to me).

Jumping into the fray kinda late, I enjoyed this issue and the entire series--it and the two JSA titles are my current favourites. I do hope Dream Girl turns out all right. She was never my favourite, but I wouldn't want anyone killed off so soon.

What I'm wondering is how the rest of the Legion will get back to earth now that the Transmatter has been destroyed. confused Will they have to take a commercial "flight"?

The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."
#74199 10/01/05 12:33 PM
Active
Active
I think ..If Nura say to Brainy "You feel different when we're married" in number two,
she can't be dead.

From UK with glamour.
#74200 10/01/05 12:44 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
The Legion's Transmatter being destroyed shouldn't be that big a deal, right? It was shown last issue that it was a fairly common method of travel, and that the Legion hardly has the only available one. More important is the fact that the Transmitter is destroyed, and the Legionnaires left on Earth can't communicate with those on missions (or they with each other.

#74201 10/01/05 01:52 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Just read it. Best issue since what #6 I think. (my fave of the run so far is #6 this comes close)

I echo lots of the thoughts here especially Blacula. I gotta post before him from now on. wink

Elysion and Terror Firma rock. Cos splitting the team up like that...very old school. I liked it. (My school isn't as old as others).

HQ destroyed? Yes! Hey I hope this is just part of my theory that Waid/Kitson made this seem like an early Legion to start but slowly...rather carefully are going to bring them up to speed. In other words that silly Adv. era upside down spaceship is gone! Now give me a new HQ! wink

Only pet peeves are my top two Legionnaires. Ultra Boy looks smaller than a Backstreet Boy and Cham...that blank expression...asking all the questions? O' Cham were art thou? Cham is Wile E. Coyote not Tweetie bird. frown

This is one of the top issues of this series so far!

#74202 10/01/05 02:00 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Questions?

I wonder if any brave heroic teens are going to rise to the call on Earth against Elysion?

Any good ole favorites? (Wildfire?!) Or a new character all together? Do we get to see any young brave SPs (Erin, Dvron, Gigi?!) against Elysion?! I hope all of the above.

Quick side note about Elysion. Any greek myth fan knows it's part of the Underworld.

From Wiki...

"The Elysian fields were the final resting place of the souls of the heroic and the virtuous."

But Wiki also states...
"Elysium is an obscure and mysterious name that evolved from a designation of a place or person struck by lightning, enelysion, enelysios."

Great name for a villain...especially after he killed a hero. It was a only a matter of time before he killed a hero. But I wonder if Garth is going to fry his arse to a cinder?! Hmm.

#74203 10/01/05 02:15 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
It is surprising that none of the legionnaires seem to be any more useful than they have been so far.

I mean, when you're left with Brainy and Invisible Kid, neither of which is exactly a powerhouse, surely some of the kids in the crowd are actually more effective in combat than they are.

I wonder if Theena might be the key to communicating with the rest of the Legion?

#74204 10/01/05 02:51 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
EDE beat me to it, I thought earlier that Theena might be the key to keeping the groups in contact.

After re-reading this issue I felt that Cos's character was just used as a story prop - "Now Imra will read Elysians mind" - and his 3 recap panels both read like it was what Waid wanted him to say but Waid never got around to phrasing it in Cos's 'voice'.

Minor complaints about an otherwise brilliant issue.

Legion Worlds NINE - wait, there's even more ongoing amazing adventures? Yup, and you'll only find them in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.
#74205 10/01/05 03:02 PM
Fabulous and Sparkly!
Fabulous and Sparkly!
Originally posted by Harbinger:
After re-reading this issue I felt that Cos's character was just used as a story prop - "Now Imra will read Elysians mind" - and his 3 recap panels both read like it was what Waid wanted him to say but Waid never got around to phrasing it in Cos's 'voice'.
I thought that seemed weird too. It reminded me of A Charlie Brown Christmas where Charlie Brown says "Now the script girl will hand out the scripts."

Hmm. Cosmic Boy. Charlie Brown. Coincidence? I think not!

The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."
#74206 10/01/05 03:43 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
Originally posted by Harbinger:
EDE beat me to it, I thought earlier that Theena might be the key to keeping the groups in contact.
As long as I'm at it... if there's an open spot on the team, could she be the one to take it?

#74207 10/01/05 03:52 PM
Active
Active
"How will the stranded Legionnaires get back home?"
I have an idea. It's spelled D*wnst*r.
Think about it. She's capable traveling at FTL speeds, can track anyone, and would be just the right person for the job.
Or, just maybe, she and Shikari could operate as a team. That would be fairly unique. (Of course she'd have to be the more experienced of the two.)

#74208 10/01/05 04:29 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
wait...why are people speaking in interlac? i mean dosn't everyone speak interlac ...and we are reading english translations. if some of these characters are speaking interlac what is the new default language that we are reding every month. the legionaires now speak english in the future?

i guess the postesr on the walls are in english not interlac. did i miss something....some signage in the crowd is in terlac. whats on the view screens or computer screens these days?

one other explanation could be that these characters speak by popping out letters that people can see and read but....i doubt it.

#74209 10/01/05 05:19 PM
Substitute
Substitute
NOOOOOOOOOO! Not Dream Girl!!!!

Another great issue. Glad to have Barry back on the pencils. The humerous bone was a good play on words.

A couple of other things stuck out in my mind. Normally, I just enjoy the issue but I had questions about people referring to the feet measurement in the 30th century. I'm from the US and even I agree that not using the metric system is stupid. Also, if those walking bombs could kill anyone within 8 feet, exactly HOW did Lyle escape? Did he open Elysion's prison in exchange for not getting vaporized?

My predictions for the next issues are:
1) Dream Girl is not dead (it can't happen)
2) Brin is alive and doing something sneaky
3) Reboot will come back and post about how horrible the series is by pointing to the sales figures

Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,021
Posts1,045,250
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Luck Lad
Luck Lad
Vancouver, BC
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star