Roll Call
1 members (Sarcasm Kid, Sarcasm Kid, Sarcasm Kid, Sarcasm Kid, Sarcasm Kid, Sarcasm Kid, Sarcasm Kid, Sarcasm Kid, Sarcasm Kid, Sarcasm Kid, Sarcasm Kid, Sarcasm Kid, Sarcasm Kid, Sarcasm Kid, Sarcasm Kid, Sarcasm Kid, Sarcasm Kid, Sarcasm Kid, Sarcasm Kid, Sarcasm Kid), 23 Murran Spies, and 10 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Legion of Super-Heroes #7 (2020) - Preview and Spoilers
by Sarcasm Kid - 04/26/24 08:12 PM
So, what are you listening to?
by Gaseous Lad - 04/26/24 08:03 PM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Gaseous Lad - 04/26/24 08:00 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/26/24 06:56 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/26/24 06:55 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/26/24 06:51 AM
DC/Marvel Crossovers to be collected in 2024
by Ann Hebistand - 04/25/24 08:21 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Homecoming (Onevision)
Invisible Brainiac #770738 05/13/13 01:39 AM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard
Skeleton Coast National Park, Namibia
Earth

An orange and brown expanse stretched out as far as the eye could see. Rock and sand dotted a landscape that was almost unbroken with any sign of life.

"What an appropriate name," Blaze whispered as they descended from the sky.

"Wait until you see the ship carcasses. They're all over the place. Blame it on the dense fog that rolls in. Really creepy and isolated."

"Aw, I thought we'd get to see the cute sea lions instead."

"That's on the list... after we go over what we do know." IB sat down on a large rock that went up to his waist. He leaned back and sighed, enjoying the warmth of the setting sun.

"Well, besides our recap last time, we know these people are everywhere and they can somehow anticipate us. Or at least they can easily get information to one another. Telepath? X-Ray Vision?"

"Micro-cameras hidden in their clothing? We can scratch invisible spies, already checked. I should test for other visual wavelengths then. If it's vision powers, I can block their sight."

"Too many possibilities," Blaze muttered as he gently kicked the mast of what had once been a fishing schooner. "That's because there are so many of them."

"Earth always has been the breeding ground for super powers," IB added, stroking his chin. "We'd suspected the majority of those with powers had been trapped because of the Corporate Takeover. But when the LMB was headquartered here, most metahumans were very weak. Most of those with any measurable power levels joined the LMB. What could have triggered their emergence? Or did they simply hide undetected all this time?"

"Or maybe most of them were in government service, like you were?" Blaze ventured.

IB snapped his fingers. "You're a genius! Of course! I knew there were others, maybe Earthgov was keeping close tabs on all those they knew about. The collapse of the Corporate-led Earthgov left all these guys disenfranchised."

"And someone moved in and took advantage of them."

"Great, then maybe we can use that when fighting them. Sow some seeds of discord."

"Why don't you split into seven IBs again? Trap these punks?"

"Still reeling from the Dark Oval War. Until there's an absolute emergency, I don't want to risk it. Powers might go haywire."

"Then we'll just have to prepare," Blaze said as he sat down beside IB and hugged him. a devilish smile spread on his face as he began to tickle IB.

"AH-HAHAHA NO YOU DON'T!" IB laughed as he strained to extricate himself from Blaze's grip. He squeezed his palms together and thrust his elbows out, knocking Blaze's hands away. In a fluid motion, he had Blaze trapped under him, arms at his sides.

"Val Armorr taught you that?" Blaze laughed as he thrashed from side to side in anticipation of IB's revenge. "Go easy on me!"

"As if. I... Hey, wait!" IB zipped off in a flash. He returned moments later.

"Baby? What happened?" Blaze asked. IB shook his head. "I thought I saw someone. But my search turned up nothing."

"Could it be our opponents?" Blaze asked, worried. "I'm sorry, maybe my tickling caused your invisible cloak to fall."

"Maybe, but how'd they find us? We've checked ourselves time and again, no nanomachines, no plants..."

"Maybe we're just being jittery," Blaze said as he took IB's hand.

"Maybe... but we'd better get to the bottom of this fast. We didn't regain Earth just to watch it tear itself apart."

Invisible Brainiac #770780 05/13/13 09:40 AM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard
Blarney Castle, Ireland
Earth

"Did I ever tell you that you were full of Blarney?" IB asked. They were perched atop a tall castle surrounded by the rolling green hills of Ireland. "Ooh, I think there really are 40 shades of green here..."

"That's supposed to be a compliment, right?" Blaze asked. "And I can't tell how many shades of green there are. They're just pretty."

"I can, using my light powers. 48 shades. The ancient Irish were right."

"And since green's your favorite color, you just chose to test that theory. So, why are we here again? People are acting weird how?"

"Avoiding the castle. For some reason, nobody could physically bear to set foot in here. They just can't seem to place a foot in the castle. So how are they being kept out, and why?"

"Someone doesn't want them kissing the Blarney stone and getting the gift of gab?"

"This IS one of the most touristy spots in Ireland. One way of keeping it isolated." IB gestured for Blaze to enter the castle ahead of him.

"My, what a gentleman," drawled a masculine voice with a very think Irish accent. "Perhaps you would let ME in first, hmmm?"

Blaze and IB both stopped in mid-step as a young redhead clad all in green walked through, smirking. "Now maybe you'd be good boys and kneel down, and don't use your powers and don't attack me."

IB and Blaze complied, stunned. "So you have some sort of mind-control powers, then?" Blaze asked.

"I am full of Blarney, and all I have to do is say the word and you'll do it. Oh, won't the League be so envious of me capturing you two traitorous "heroes"," he smirked. "Now to call it in."

"Who, your friendly teleporter? And what the hell is this League you're talking about? The League of Nations hasn't existed since World War II."

"We have a new League now. Working together behind the scenes to save the Earth from itself."

"Is that why you're pushing people apart?" Blaze asked. "Don't you know that the Earth reached its peak because of the free flow of people and ideas?"

"It won't work that way anymore," their assailant said as he checked his reflection in a suit of armor beside the wall. "Not after the Corporations ravaged Earth and large numbers of people fled. No, Earth's nations have to be strong individually first. But no worries, you'll learn all about it after we bring you into our hideout. Once we're there I'll tell you to sit still and behave completely, but for now you can follow me to the roof where we'll wait for our transport."

"I don't think so," IB smirked. He placed something in his ears, then faded from sight.

"What? Get visible NOW!" The redhead was visibly panicked.

"If you think that's scary, watch this," Blaze smiled as he burst into flame. "Earplugs. Very useful tech."

"Fuck off!" The redhead yelled as he ran down the stairs.

"Ah ah, you'll have to say please this time," IB laughed as he grabbed the man. "Now, call it in or else Blaze will make things very hot in here."

"You wouldn't dare," spat the man. "Or maybe you would. Show everyone what fake heroes you are."

"We became heroes because we do the right thing," Blaze smiled as he increased his flame. "And right now the right thing means getting you to do as we say, so we can get to the bottom of this."

"No, the right thing means standing down and letting us do our work!" A man jumped out of the wall and grabbed the redhead they were hanging onto. Both of them phased through IB's fingers and into the ground.

IB and Blaze looked at each other, and IB shrugged. "Well, neither of us really could have stopped a phaser."

Invisible Brainiac #770788 05/13/13 09:54 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
The plot thickens! Fab stuff IB, sounds like your league of villains are rather nietchien in their " what doesn't kill you makes you stronger" approachgoverning, and there are quite a few of them we've encountred so far so will you and Blaze need to call in the reserves? Really enjoying this so please don't make us wait for long for more, more, more smile

Legion Worlds NINE - wait, there's even more ongoing amazing adventures? Yup, and you'll only find them in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.
Invisible Brainiac #770808 05/13/13 12:38 PM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard
Timbuktu, Mali
Earth

"Good thing they rebuilt the shrines after their destruction in the early 21st century," Blaze said as they walked through the looming mosques and sand streets of Timbuktu. "Amazing that they didn't clean up all this sand, either."

"Thank the Great Leap of Africa. Tourism and cultural preservation became part of the aim. Mali, like Ethiopia and Egypt, has some of the grandest and most ancient sites in the continent, so it was an easy choice to keep Timbuktu as authentic as possible."

"These mosques look so fragile, I'm afraid to touch any part of them. If I didn't know better, I'd say there were a child's clay creations."

"Someone doesn't mind risking the destruction of these buildings in order to scare people away, though," IB said as he gestured towards cracks in the city walls. "Tourists have been complaining of loud vibrations..."

"Much like what seem to be rocking the ground?!" Blaze asked. "Even though we're wearing our earplugs, I can FEEL the vibrations!"

"Already on it," IB rose up to the sky. "Let's go." The two turned into rays of light and streaked towards the city walls, where a woman stood, hands outstretched.

Blaze and IB quickly swooped down and pinned her hands to her sides. They didn't stop though; they kept flying out into the Sahara.

"Tell me why you would be willing to damage the very ancient wonders that put your city on the map in order to drive people away?" IB growled.

"These structures can be restored once you foreigners are gone!" the woman gasped. "But we need to isolate ourselves to survive!"

"Don't you know that Timbuktu survived as long as it did because it was a trading town?" Blaze asked. "Who the hell is teaching you people like this?"

"We see the evidence with our own eyes! The Corporations took over Earth with offworlder help. And those who fled Earth never even bothered to return until now. Traitors!"

"That word again. We're going to have a little talk - huh?"

The woman's body vibrated and vanished, sending out a shockwave that caused Blaze and IB to tumble to the ground. Clutching their heads, they gaped at each other. "So she can turn to sound, just like you can turn to light. Great," Blaze said.

"Damn. This is so embarrassing. If we don't get our act together soon, Lardy's gonna make us attend his Legion Academy."

Invisible Brainiac #770809 05/13/13 01:06 PM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard
The Demilitarized Zone Memorial, Unified Korea
Earth

As they swooped down on the park memorializing what had once been the border between the North and the South of Korea,IB realized that he had never seen Blaze so giddy before. "When we're done here, please let's go to Nami Island! Maybe we'll catch a shooting, I want to get an autograph of that hunky Korean actor. Oh, and let's go to Love Land - they say there's at least one sculpture of every sex position imaginable. And after that we'll go skiing, and sign up for a tae kwon do class, and..."

IB giggled as he placed a finger to Blaze's lip. "We'll go to all those places, I promise. It's just amazing how excited you are."

"I've always been fascinated with Korea. Their ancient civilization, their communal culture yet the fact that they're so gosh darned vain, and it doesn't hurt that some of their men have such wonderfully handsome features. And their history! Imagine, they were one of the most successful examples of a reunified nation the 21st century had ever seen. The South Koreans, with the assistance of two heroes and several allies, managed to take the North with minimal bloodshed!"

"Yes, the two mysterious heroes who appeared and vanished so suddenly. They exacted retribution on the ruling family and on the generals by giving them a taste of the suffering of their people, or so the story goes..."

"And they helped the South Koreans bring together allies from all over the world! The USA, ASEAN, Japan, Australia..."

"Quite a story. I'm sure the park preserves it quite well, even though they've filled up a lot of previously empty spaces. They did keep large portions of the Joint Security Area."

"IB, I'm pretty sure that barbed wire isn't supposed to be here, though..."

Blaze headed down to where a young Korean man was gesturing towards pieces of barbed wire that were chasing frightened tourists away. He quickly melted through the wires. "Don't tell me you're trying to revive that crazy old country North Korea?!"

The man looked sick. "Why would I want to divide our country? I just want to -"

"We know, we know," IB cut in. "Keep it safe from foreigners." He spared a glance at Blaze, who was eyeing their opponent's face appreciatively. He quickly stepped between them. "You seem fairly sensible. Let's talk, why don't we?"

"If you surrender, maybe we can."

"I don't think you're the one in a position to be making demands. What say we just talk here?"

"And maybe call some of your friends to join us," Blaze added. "We'd rather not go to them just yet."

"I wish I could trust you, but I've heard you can be very crafty," the man said as he gestured towards some tanks on displayed. They flew through the air towards IB and Blaze, like paperclips would if thrown by a child.

"IB, I'd rather not melt these relics," Blaze said.

"Agreed, baby," IB said as he gently caught them in hard light pincers. "Look, no violence here. Let's talk already."

The young man looked troubled for a moment, as if he desperately wanted to trust them. His hands trembled... then he threw them down. "No. You will come to us when you are ready. But for now, I cannot trust you." With a gesture, pieces of wire burst from above, raining towards screaming tourists.

"Blaze! We have to... aarhhhh!" IB yelled as something hit his head. He went down in a heap.

"Baby!" Blaze knelt down and felt a pulse. He quickly turned his fire powers full blast, burning bits of sharp wire before they could harm anyone. After what seemed like hours, he looked around and breathed in relief. Nobody was down. He had melted all the wire.

He gently shook IB, who groaned. "How long was I out?"

"Not more than 15 minutes. Enough time for that guy to get away."

IB groaned again. "Great. Blindsided by a metal pellet or something. Cobie'd be disappointed; he's taught me how to deal with magnetokinetics."

"Eh, you tried to reason with him. And he did seem to want to listen. I suspect he's worried about what the others would think. Too bad; he was really cute. Had such nice dimples. And I'm sure he was checking us both out."

IB sat up. "You can't seriously be wanting us to play with that guy, after he clocked me in the head."

Blaze shrugged. "I'm sure you can convince him to make it up to you."

Harbinger #770810 05/13/13 01:08 PM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard
Originally Posted by Harbinger
The plot thickens! Fab stuff IB, sounds like your league of villains are rather nietchien in their " what doesn't kill you makes you stronger" approachgoverning, and there are quite a few of them we've encountred so far so will you and Blaze need to call in the reserves? Really enjoying this so please don't make us wait for long for more, more, more smile

Thank you for your very kind words, Mrs. B! It's fairly easy to think of new characters since I don't plan to heavily develop all of them. Really glad you're liking it smile

Invisible Brainiac #770932 05/14/13 05:57 AM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard
The Osun-Osogbo Sacred Grove, Nigeria
Earth

As soon as they descended from the forest canopy, IB and Blaze felt a sort of calm peace. Though the plants densely covered the forest floor and there was a wide assortment of sculptures that didn't seem to have any unifying theme, it felt like there was a pulse of calm, peaceful, nurturing life all around them.

"It feels like a Garden of Eden," Blaze whispered.

"To all those people, too. Look," IB whispered. "Hope your transuit is working."

Blaze glanced in consternation at the dozens of people who were slumberingering peacefully. "Bearthing's shallow, but they don't seem stressed or short of breath."

"Vital signs are okay as well," IB noted. "Whoever it is does not want to harm them."

"No, I merely want to hide them away from the outside world will scaring away the likes of you." A woman stepped out from behind a large goddess statue and pointed a sharp fingernail at them. IB and Blaze watched in curiosity as a large cloud of spores flew at them.

The woman, in turn, watched in consternation as they continued standing.

"It won't work on us," Blaze said as he leaped forward. "Now, please let them go."

"I won't!" she hissed, as she raised a flask to her lips. She quickly leaped backwards with the swiftness of a monkey, out of Blaze's reach. She touched a tree trunk, and it seemed to open up and accept her as part of itself - IB couldn't really describe how their forms became one.

"Okay, we can't catch you, but please let these people go!" IB pleaded. "Please consider that these people may not want to stay here. Like your ancestors may not have wanted to be sold as slaves and dispersed to lands far across the sea."

The woman stared at them silently from her perch. Then she raised her hand, and a cloud of golden spores fell gently on the people. They bgean to stir.

"IB, let's help them," Blaze said.

IB turned to take one last look at the woman, but she was gone.

Invisible Brainiac #773225 06/03/13 10:30 AM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard
The City of Jerusalem, jointly administered by the State of Israel and the Republic of Palestine
Earth

Although neither Blaze nor Invisible Brainiac were particularly religious, they felt the weight of history on their shoulders as they soared over the ancient city of Jerusalem. The sun's glow over the ancient holy city highlighted its magnificence. The golden Dome of the Rock shone in a burst of color.

"Hard to believe that it's been there for thousands of years," Blaze said.

"It won't be there for another day if we don't stop whomever is inciting these people to violence," IB replied grimly. "Israel-Palestine has been at peace for almost a thousand years. I can't believe anyone would wish to destroy it now by chopping Jerusalem up!"

Large crowds milled below, and it was easy to pick out which was which. Men in kippa and prayer shawls and women in tichel glared angrily across a wide open space at women in hijab and men wearing fez. The tension could have been cut with a knife and used by the crowd as weapons. The land stood silent, and not even a bird chirped all around. IB was afraid to breathe, lest something terrible happen.

As if by some holy sign, the two crowds raised their fists... and charged.

"Blaze! Somebody must be doing this!" IB yelled as his hands glowed. Walls of solid light separated the groups.

"On it," Blaze said as he streaked across the sky. Temples and churches blurred under him as he looked around. It should be easier to find who was doing this; just find the person who wasn't about to charge into battle at the Temple Mount.

Unless they were indoors.

Blaze concentrated on his vision. Slowly, his normal sight gave way to seeing in heat signatures.

And there, in what he recognized as the Tower of David, was a young girl crouched beside a wall. Blaze angled his body and zoomed straight at her.

Somehow, she knew he was coming. As Blaze entered the Tower, she stepped into a portal and vanished.

Fuming, Blaze called IB. "You're right. They must be toying with us. And I hate it."

Last edited by Invisible Brainiac; 08/19/13 01:58 AM.
Invisible Brainiac #775854 06/16/13 01:57 AM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard
Monsanto, Portugal
Earth

"The most Portuguese village in Portugal, huh?" Blaze asked doubtfully.

"Historic village, relatively unchanged in more than a millennium, fortified castle that withstood several battles including the Napoleonic invasions, on 99% of "must-see in Portugal" lists, it hits all the right notes," IB replied.

"Guess that's why it draws big crowds of people, like that, huh?"

"That big crowd of people about to get crushed by falling rock, you mean?"

IB deftly caught the rock in a barrier of light. "Where could this have come from?"

"Uh... from up there." Blaze pointed to an open portal in the sky, through which rock was falling. "What are you waiting for people? Run!" he yelled at the stunned crowd.

Blaze helped usher the onlookers away as IB caught and gently laid down the next two pieces of rock. "This is going to be exhausting," he muttered as he turned into light and zipped through the portal...

... tackling the woman on the other side. Before she could react, he pulled her through the portal back to Monsanto.

"That's my baby, very efficient," quipped Blaze as he faced the woman. "Now we're both going to hang onto you very tightly, so you'd better cooperate. Even if you teleport away we're going to be right with you."

The woman glared. "I won't tell you anything." She struggled against IB's bonds. "You may stop me from moving, but you cannot stop my powers."

A portal winked open and a flood of water burst through. "Are you crazy?" IB yelled as he dammed the portal with light.

A second portal burst open, and a stampede of animals came through. "African safari. In Portugal." Blaze muttered to himself as he drove the animals back with a wall of flame.

"You can create as many portals as you want, you still can't get to them," IB said. "Just give it up already and take us to your headquarters."

"Not a chance," the woman said through gritted teeth. Another portal opened above the 12th Century St. Michael Chapel. Lightning began streaking through, dancing at the chapel roof. Portals began opening all over the city, and bolts of lightning flashed all over despite the sky being clear over Monsanto.

"You really don't care if you destroy anything or hurt anyone, do you?" Blaze said angrily.

"We do our best not to take life or cause lasting harm. But sometimes it is unavoidable. That is a small price to pay to keep our countries strong," the woman hissed back.

The sky began to fill with blinding flashes. Blaze shielded his eyes. IB glared back at the woman with angry eyes.

"Fine. Go. Just close those portals."

As soon as he relinquished his grip, she burst forward. A portal opened in her path.

In milliseconds, IB had turned into light and grabbed Blaze. The two sped right through the portal. IB quickly took in everything he saw around them - a large underground chamber with dozens of humans standing around. He recognized some of them from past encounters.

Then suddenly another portal opened in front of them. IB didn't have time to change course; he and Blaze entered that second portal as it winked out behind them.

Last edited by Invisible Brainiac; 06/16/13 01:58 AM. Reason: fixed link
Invisible Brainiac #775859 06/16/13 04:34 AM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard
Lucayan National Park, The Bahamas
Earth

Invisible Brainiac quickly veered left to avoid the mangrove roots that suddenly veered in front of them. He cursed as they landed. "We were so close! Where the heck did they dump us?!"

"Omnicom says Lucayan National Park, one of 3 national parks in the Bahamas and the only one to contain six different ecosystems. Currently closed for bat conservation season," Blaze read.

"And the perfect place to take you two down!" sneered a voice. Before IB or Blaze could even look in the direction of the declaration, fireballs rained down on them. Blaze quickly wrested control of the flames.

"So it IS you! You're the one who stopped me on Vanuatu!" cursed the redhead. "You smug little brat, still getting in my way until now."

"Caster. What the heck is wrong with you? Though I guess I don't need to ask. That's why the Order heads turned you away," Blaze said as he caused the rain of fire to fizzle out.

Caster shrugged. "Not a major issue. As you can see I can play with fire just as well as you do." Caster sent a wave of fire at them.

"I can't wrest control completely, IB!" Blaze cried.

"No worries, baby," IB replied. "I've cast a protective bubble around the area. No mangrove swamps are burning down today. And as for you..."

"Yeah, I know I can;t beat you both," Caster sneered. "I don't have to though. I'm just the distraction."

Before IB and Blaze could react, another portal opened in front of them, swallowing them whole.

Invisible Brainiac #775871 06/16/13 10:58 AM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard
Pine Valley, Swaziland
Earth

Blaze and Invisible Brainiac crashed through the portal and into the ground.

"Are you okay?" Blaze asked as he picked himself up.

"Yup," IB shook his head. "Pine needles and pine scent everywhere, and the weather's fairly cool. We're somewhere temperate. Omnicom?"

*breep* We are in Pine Valley, Swaziland. At the time of the Global Integration in the 25th Century, Swaziland had the oldest absolute monarchy in Africa. Despite widespread poverty and AIDS, Swaziland had been one of the most peaceful and friendliest countries on the continent. *breep*

"At least we won't likely be attacked here," Blaze muttered. "Where is that Caster? I want to wring his neck - IB, get down!"

Blaze pulled IB out of the way just as a young man leaped through the air, landing where IB had been. He stood slowly, eyes glowing, back hunched, arms spread out. He had distinctly East or Southeast Asian features; chinky eyes, lightly-tanned skin, and a slim build.

"Oh my gosh," IB mouthed. "It's..." He ducked as something whizzed through the air.

Blaze's eyes bulged as an arrow embedded itself in the tree behind IB. In the distance, a girl stepped out from behind the trees. She looked Southern European; her long dark hair flowed behind her as she took aim with her bow and arrow, her tanned skin still very fair in comparison to much of the world's population.

IB quickly pulled Blaze into the air behind him. "Fire shield now, please. I'm cloaking us."

"Who is that guy?" Blaze asked as he complied.

"They're the Zodiac Twins. I worked with them back during the Earthgov days. The boy has the powers of the animals of the Chinese Zodiac; the girl can manifest the abilities of the twelve signs of the Western signs. They're extremely dangerous, and will not hesitate to kill if they feel necessary."

"They're twins? What happened, their mother gave them up?"

"They don't know their origins. They could be orphans, or be clones, who knows? Some cuckoo scientist gave them their powers. Unlike me, they never had any sort of childhood outside of Earthgov. We need to keep moving."

"I think not." The air before them warped and the figure of a hooded man came into view. "Your involvement will end here and now, as my champions will challenge you to a battle. I doubt you can defeat them.

"We're LMBers. Don't underestimate us," IB warned.

"You are tired and unfamiliar with this Earth. My champions are not. I will enjoy watching you do battle."

The world winked out once more.

Invisible Brainiac #776698 06/23/13 09:29 AM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard
Venice, Italy
Earth

"Oh, I am going to kill them!" Blaze yelled as they materialized over the grand canal. "I've wanted to go to Venice forever, and they bring me here while in battle?!"

"I'm more concerned about why," Invisible Brainiac frowned as he pulled Blaze along. "They know there'll be witnesses. Are they trying to make a statement? Discredit us?"

The water in the canals exploded as projectiles shot into them. "Those aren't ordinary arrows!" Blaze yelled. "You weren't kidding when you said these guys were powerful... ooomph!"

"Blaze!" IB yelled as the female twin leapt out of the water and tackled Blaze. She was surrounded by an aura in the shape of a Pisces. Blaze turned towards her with a snarl and surrounded himself in a flare of fire. She countered by diving back into the water.

Behind her came the male twin, an aura shaped like a Dragon. His hand extended towards IB, electricity crackling between his fingers. IB quickly sent lasers towards him. The sky turned bright with flashes of lightning and light.

"Why are you doing this, Tarrin?" IB yelled. "When we were with Earthgov you said all you wanted was to maintain order and help Earth! Why are you tearing its people apart now?"

"Do not speak to me of this, traitor! You fled Earth! We stayed behind, and we have seen our people torn apart by rich and greedy corporations. We have to build walls to protect ourselves!"

"That's paranoia. Earth would never have gotten to where it was before the Corporate Takeover without mutual cooperation a-aaaaghh!" IB cried out as he fell. He clutched his bloodied side. "Alexandra? Why?"

The female twin glared at him coldly, an aura shaped like a bull surrounding her. Taurus. No wonder my side hurts so much. "You weren't here. You don't know how badly we were treated. You left us behind, and you don't deserve to preach to us."

"You knew of my plans. You had your chance..." IB murmured. He was losing blood too quickly. Where was Blaze? They had to escape. Blaze...[/b] he thought.

Alexandra stepped up to him. Her aura glimmered and shifted into a crab. [i]Cancer
. She raised her hand; IB knew it would have the force of a gigantic crab's claw.

I'm here IB... she packs a wallop. I'm coming, hold on.

IB grit his teeth. He was too weak to turn into light, but he had another trick up his sleeve.

Alexandra gasped as she swung her hand back. "What happened?"

"Don't swing, Alexandra!" Tarrin yelled. His aura had turned into that of the Snake. "I cannot see either! It's not worth it to destroy him of we kill each other by accident."

"Good thing you're smart enough to know that!" Blaze yelled as he threw fireballs at both of them. Tarrin yelled as he shifted back into Dragon, while Alexandra quickly turned to Aquarius and summoned a veil of water around her.

By the time their sight returned, it was too late. Blaze had scooped IB up in his arms, activated his healing transuit, and spirited them both away.

Invisible Brainiac #776702 06/23/13 10:55 AM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard
The Ancient City of Bhaktapur, Nepal
Earth

"Blaze! I can't hold it any longer," Invisible Brainiac moaned as he let them turn back into flesh and blood. The cold air hit them like a slap in the face.

"Sssh baby, it's okay. We're far enough away, here in Bhaktapur, Blaze replied.

"I always wanted to visit here too," IB said with a smile. "It has more temples per square foot than any other city in Nepal, and is the most well-preserved..."

"Hey, you should be resting now. Don't play travel agent with me," Blaze chided gently. He landed on the roof of one of the houses. "Now be quiet so we won't be seen. Let's get you patched up fast so we can keep moving."

"Urgh... I should be strong enough to keep us invisible. Doesn't take nearly as much energy..."

"That'll help," Blaze smiled. "Now get well soon so we can grab some of the tasty yogurt here."

IB shivered as Blaze treated his wound. "Doesn't look too bad, thankfully the damage was near the surface. She missed your vital organs. It won't even leave a scar."

"Thanks to modern medicine. I'm a bit surprised she didn't do more damage. Maybe they don't want to kill us, just capture us."

"But why? To use us as bargaining chips and make sure the UP doesn't interfere? To make a statement?"

"It could be either. Something else else about their stated agenda doesn't make sense - I still don't buy that someone who wanted to keep the nations apart would go to so much trouble to coordinate attacks among people all over the world. I bet that masked man we saw was their leader, and I wouldn't be surprised if he were either terribly misguided or had a hidden agenda."

"So what should we do now? I... AHHH!"

Blaze stared as he and IB floated up. IB paled. "No way..."

"Yes way," Caster smiled as he stepped out from the shadows. Alexandra followed him, her aura in the shape of Libra the Scales. Tarrin bared his teeth; he was channeling the Dog. The female from Portugal followed, and IB was struck once again by how she looked more African than European. She waved a hand, and a portal opened back to the place to which they'd chased her."You traitors will get what you deserve," she said threateningly.

"I'm really starting to hate that word," Blaze muttered. He began to flare up.

"None of that," Alexandra smiled as her aura glowed. IB gasped. "She's draining my power! I always hated your Libra sign the most."

"And we have you, you pipsqueak," Caster smiled as Tarrin shifted into Dragon. "You may beat me one-on-one, but you can't take both of us."

IB locked eyes with Blaze. Blaze dropped to his knees. "Okay, okay, you win. Don't hurt IB, and I'll do whatever you want." He fingered his LMB ring.

"Give me all your equipment. We don't want you making any stupid plans to escape," Caster pointed. "All of it. Your utility belts, your rations, and that ring, I know you stupid LMBers prize that the most."

"No! Blaze, don't!" IB yelled as he thrashed in Tarrin's grip.

"He doesn't have a choice, and neither do you," Tarrin snarled as he grabbed IB's hand. He wrested the ring from him.

"Hey! Don't hurt him! Here, you can have this ring," Blaze thrust it at Caster. "I only worked my ass off to earn it..."

"You did, huh? Then think about how nice it'll look on my finger," Caster smiled as he put it on. Then he froze for a second, before bolts of electricity cascaded through his body.

Blaze quickly shoved a surprised Alexandra into Caster; she screamed too as the electricity coursed through her. IB quickly kneed a surprised Tarrin in the stomach, then pressed the ring into his face. Tarrin went down in an epileptic heap. The teleportress began to open a portal, but IB zapped her too. She went down in a heap. "Baby!" Blaze yelled. "Don't exert yourself yet!"

"We can worry about that after we get out of her," IB retorted as he retrieved his ring, slamming Tarrin's head into the ground. "Get your ring and let's go!"

Last edited by Invisible Brainiac; 06/23/13 11:25 AM.
Invisible Brainiac #776706 06/23/13 11:36 AM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard
Yakutsk, Russia
Earth

"Of all the places to hide, we had to pick the coldest city in the world?" Blaze shivered.

"i thought the cold, and the relative remoteness of this place, would help cover our tracks," IB shrugged. "But we couldn't just head to the middle of nowhere, since we needed some of this tech." He was fiddling with a small contraption on the table.

"Think it'll really work?" Blaze asked as he stepped away from the window. Even indoors, he was in full winter gear - all fireproof, courtesy of Kinetix and Tempest - and surrounded by a small glow of fire. "And will you have it ready by the time they find us?"

"I think so. I'm hoping we can buy enough time, but be ready for anything."

Blaze nodded, and gently tested the fires around the building they were in with his mind. He'd imbued a little of his power to them, turning them into wards of a sort. The fireplace in the lobby was alright, as were the candles in the dining room. The lamps throughout the hallways were too...

He stopped. "IB, get ready."

IB barely had time to stand up before a portal opened into their room. The Zodiac Twins, Caster, the teleportress, and a handful of others stepped through, hands raised. Tarrin channeled Dragon and shot lightning at Blaze and IB... which passed right through them.

Alexandra gestured. "Illusions again! Carlos, they must not escape. Shut them down!" A handsome Latino nodded and raised his hand.

"Thanks for identifying your secret weapon," Blaze smiled, not that anyone except IB could see, as he hit Carlos in the back of the neck. The Latino went down.

"And thanks for bringing your most dangerous teleporter ever," IB added as he attached the device, a collar, around the girl from Portugal. "Now we'll handle this on our terms."

"Alexandra, I can't -" the girl cried.

Then the entire room vanished through a portal.

Invisible Brainiac #776709 06/23/13 12:23 PM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard
Mount Nimba Strict Nature Reserve, Cote d'Ivoire and Guinea
Earth

Invisible Brainiac gestured to Blaze as the group fell through the portal over the "strict" reserve of Mount Nimba, where tourism is forbidden. "Oh boy, I did it now. Mount Nimba is off-limits for a reason - there are over 200 endemic species living here."

"Then do something," Blaze said as he wrestled with Alexandra, who had the aura of Scorpio. Her hands were slick with what was almost definitely poison. He burned her wrists; she hissed shifted into Virgo. "You don't want to hurt me," she cooed.

"Hands off my man," IB yelled as he grabbed Caster and plowed into her. Behind him, Tarrin channeled both Dragon and Rooster. Opening his mouth, he screamed at IB.

"Hey, I'm the only one who can yell at him!" Blaze yelled as he lobbed a fireball at Tarrin.

Alongside them, the teleporter known as Viki screamed. "My portals won't work! What have you done to me?"

"Short-circuited you, since you weren't cooperative," IB grinned.

"Then un-short-circuit her," glared the redheaded Irish dude they'd encountered. "Now!"

"Tele-plugs, remember?" Blaze smiled as he blasted the redhead back for good measure. "Say IB, we can fly but most of them can't, and I don't think we're going to be able to catch them..."

"Oh, don't pretend to worry about us!" Tarrin glared as he screamed again. Blaze just narrowly dodged his blast.

"Keep 'em busy Blaze," IB said as he bit his lip. "Let's see..."

A portal opened underneath them, swallowing them before they could hit the forest canopy.

Invisible Brainiac #776713 06/23/13 12:35 PM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard
The Pamir Mountains, Tajikistan
Earth

Snow leopards and Siberian ibex ran as the group burst through the portal. "Great view from up here, huh?" Invisible Brainiac quipped. "The Pamir Mountains remain virtually uninhabited until now, save for some particularly hardy scientists. Quite cold, alright."

"Let's warm it up then," Blaze said as he flared up.

Caster sneered as he lit up the sky with an even larger corona. "The cold's not a problem for me..."

"Say that again when you're buried under a ton of snow" Blaze smiled as he lobbed a fireball Caster, who was promptly buried in the snow.

Tarrin snarled as he channeled Rabbit, leaping high into the air. He quickly shifted to Ox and plummeted towards Blaze, who barely got out of the way.

IB quickly encased Carlos and the redhead in a light bubble; it would keep them there even after they woke up; then turned to face Alexandra. She called on Gemini and split into two; Leo sprang at him while Sagittarius started shooting arrows at him. IB deftly flew into the air, where he was confronted by the girl in Egypt. She opened a flask from which sand flew out and shaped itself into a mallet. It slammed into IB, burying him in sand particles.

"IB, you okay?!" Blaze yelled as he dodged kicks from Tarrin, who was now into Horse mode. He quickly melted some snow underfoot into slush and ran towards his lover.

"Am fine," came IB's voice over the teleplugs. "It's just sand hinders my light powers. Fortunately, this gadget isn't affected by it..."

Another portal enveloped them, leaving only the two unconscious combatants behind.

Last edited by Invisible Brainiac; 12/10/13 10:38 PM.
Invisible Brainiac #776714 06/23/13 12:47 PM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard
Uluru, Australia
Earth

The sun cast a brilliant red glow over the big red rock. Invisible Brainiac quickly took in the sight as he dodged fireballs from Caster. "Man, wish I could... yeowch!" He cursed as the boy from Venezuela leaped at him, lightly scratching his arm. Blaze quickly took out the wolf-like boy with a fireball.

"Thanks baby," IB smiled as he zapped the girl behind Blaze. She cursed as she dropped her flask of sand. "I'm glad we took so many classes on fighting multiple opponents at once," Blaze smiled as he pinched a nerve on her neck, sending her to sleep.

"So am I, especially since they brought so many people to the party," IB pointed out. "Although my light shows are helping a lot, it does feel nice to beat so many of them at once." To emphasize his point, he sidestepped a charge from Alexandra's Aries avatar. She quickly turned into water though, then swept back at IB. He avoided that, only to be hit in the chin by a growing Tarrin. IB collapsed to the ground.

"I love using Rat," Tarrin grinned as he held his fist. "Always catches people by surprise."

"And now for you," Alexandra smiled as she stepped forward. "I believe your boyfriend only had time to make one device." Caster, Tarrin, and Viki stepped behind her menacingly. They were joined by a girl whose hair flapped around her; Blaze guessed she was from Southeast Asia. The boy who had animated the bull in Latvia was also there. Six opponents, five of whom had functioning powers. Tarrin quickly changed into Monkey and leaped at Blaze.

"You're right," Blaze said as he reached into his pocket. "But he had the foresight to make a remote control for me too. How do you think he was triggering the collar without touching her?"

The world vanished into white, whisking away IB and Blaze and their six opponents.

Invisible Brainiac #776719 06/23/13 01:00 PM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard
The Skocjan Caves, Slovenia
Earth

The sounds of battle echoed through one of the largest underground chambers in the world. Blaze carried IB through the cave network. "Wake up, baby!"

"I wanna sleeeeeeeep," IB mumbled.

"Don't make me tickle you awake," Blaze grumbled as he ducked into a large passage. He quickly pulled out some smelling salts and gently laid IB on the ground. "Hey, wake up!"

"Whew! Ugh, I hate those things," IB said. He looked around. "Slovenia, huh? I take it they haven't called reinforcements yet?"

"Our tele-plugs and Omnicoms are still scrambling the signals. We're down to six opponents, thankfully."

"But one is all it will need to defeat you!" The limestone karst began forming into shapes around them. One "arm" hit Blaze in the stomach, taking him down. "Baby!" IB yelled as another came right at him. He made himself invisible and rolled out of the way.

"Show yourself! My friends are right behind me. If you don't, I'll crush the life out of him!"

"You really wouldn't murder a helpless opponent, would you?" IB called out. "I don't believe you would."

"He's more useful to us alive," the young man said as he looked around, "but I will if you give me no choice."

"We always have a choice. Like you have the choice to collapse!" IB fired lasers at the young man, who quickly called up limestone karst shields. He then sent arms of limestone at the point where the lasers came from.

IB screamed in pain. "Oh grife! My leg!"

The young man smiled as he dropped the unconscious Blaze to the ground. He swept another wave of limestone arms at the same location, causing IB to scream again. As the ground settled, IB's panting echoed through the chamber. His opponent walked up to where he heard IB's voice. "Turn visible already. It will at least let me bring you in. Once we've subdued you, we'll treat you. I will probably crush your arms first, just to make sure."

"Okay, you nasshead," IB said. "You win."

"Why are you not yet visible?" his opponent asked. "Don't make me threaten you agai-ugh!"

He fell to a chop at the back of the neck. IB smiled as he turned visible. "Cobie always said I was a pretty good actor." He quickly shielded his opponent and picked up Blaze. He turned to see the others running towards him.

IB pressed a button and the cave was lit up by a flash of light.

Invisible Brainiac #776870 06/24/13 04:58 AM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard
Poring Hot Springs, Malaysia
Earth

Invisible Brainiac's shirt clung to his skin as the air made itself heavy with moisture. "Ugh. I miss climate control."

Blaze scrambled behind him. "On the plus side, the smells of the jungle are keeping me awake!"

"Hoping it will mask our scent as well, allow us to take down another enemy... Hey, is that smoke?

The two boys turned towards what seemed like a fire in the distance. "No, they wouldn't!" IB raged. "They're trying to make us come to them!"

"So let's," Blaze said grimly. They tore through the jungle, dodging vines and trees as they raced towards the source and peeked down. Caster stood in the middle, arms afire. The girl with the wind powers hovere above Caster, fanning the flames.

"Just as I thought, Tarrin can't track us yet. The sulfur and rafflesia stink's distracting him."

"So let's take them down."

IB shook his head. "I don't want to start a forest fire. I've been picking fairly remote areas on purpose. Let's end this fast."

Blaze nodded, and with a gesture Caster's flames were snuffed out. Before their enemies could react, IB pressed a button and a portal opened up once more, sending them away.

Invisible Brainiac #776871 06/24/13 05:30 AM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard
Black Point Tunnel, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
Earth

Caster's hands were aglow as he surveyed the tunnel they were in. It smelled damp and the floor was rocky, but otherwise there wasn't much to tell them where they were. "Come out, you cowards!"

Alexandra shook her head. "I know Invisible Brainiac. Chances are this darkness isn't his own doing; he's keeping us off-balance with his powers."

"You know me too well!" IB's taunt echoed in the tunnel. Alexandra grunted as something hit her side. She pivoted quickly and hit back. "And you do not know me well enough," she raged as she squeezed.

"Sister, don't!" Tarrin yelled. "He is setting us against each other! But he still can't mask his scent. Maria, if you will help me." The Southeast Asian girl, whom IB guessed was Filipina because of the Christian name, nodded. She gestured, and the winds blew towards Tarrin. The glows of Dog and Goat surrounded Tarrin, and he barreled towards where IB stood. IB barely leaped out of the way in time.

"Stand aside, I'll burn them to a crisp!" Caster yelled as he flared up.

"No, you fool," Alexandra barked. "You may burn us as well!"

"You can shield yourselves, can't you?" Caster shot back. His flames began to build, yet no light came in. "I'm getting tired of being in the dark!"

Tarrin whimpered as IB kicked him in the side. He snarled as he faced Caster. "I can beat him without you burning everything, fool!"

"I don't think he'll listen," Blaze quipped. "He never would." The glow from Caster faded. "Give me back my fire you- UGH!" He fell back as Blaze punched his nose. "I really enjoyed that, you jerk."

"It's getting a bit crowded in here," IB said as Tarrin's hand brushed past his. He could feel it drawing blood. "Let's head to our next stop."

The floor gave way as the combatants fell.

Last edited by Invisible Brainiac; 06/24/13 05:32 AM. Reason: fixed a link
Invisible Brainiac #776875 06/24/13 07:01 AM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard
The Citadel of Sighisoara, Romania
Earth

Bats flew around the combatants as they tumbled onto the grass outside the Citadel of Sighisoara. "We should have come here during Halloween," Blaze grumbled. He quickly rolled over and slammed Caster's head into the ground once more. "Just being sure," he added with a trace of satisfaction.

"Bakit ka nandito, kabayan? (Why are you here?)" Invisible Brainiac addressed Maria in Filipino. "We Filipinos have always been welcoming to foreigners."

"Do not call me countryman," she replied coldly. "I will not soil our language with one such as you."

"What, because I look Chinese?" IB replied as he sidestepped a charge by a disoriented Alexandra. "I assure you, my blood may be Chinese but my heart has always been Filipino."

"Until you left Earth!" Maria screamed as she assailed IB with gale force winds. He tumbled backwards.

"Hey! If you're going to judge us by how we look, then talk to me. I even look the part," Blaze said as he latched onto Maria. he spared a glance for Tarrin and Viki; the former had channeled Dragon and was flying away from the cyclone. "Now let's talk about all this abandonment. Can you blame us for escaping? But we came back."

"After years of suffering for our people," Maria yelled again.

Blaze began to flare up. "Calm down! I don't want to hurt you."

"You can't." The winds howled louder and louder, sending leaves flying everywhere. Blaze's fire trailed away from him. He was having trouble breathing. "IB?!" he thought in a panic.

"Let her go," IB thought back as he wrestled with Alexandra. "I think I know what to do." Alexandra had him pinned to the ground. he quickly used a technique Karate Kid had taught him before they left legion World; he swung his legs up and kicked Alexandra hard in the stomach. She quickly chanelled Cancaer just as his legs connected; it was like kicking a shell. IB's feet weren't injured, but neither was Alexandra; she did fly back a little though. It was enough for IB to scramble away. He quickly turned into lightand tackled Blaze, bringing him to safety.

Maria turned on him, hair flying behind her like a royal train. IB stared at her mournfully. "I'm sorry to do this," he whispered. "Blaze, please watch my back."

"Any time, you know I love watching your tight butt," Blaze said as he faced off against a Tiger Tarrin.

IB raised his hand and steadied himself. Then he fired. His blast hit Maria on the side of her head, she crumpled in a heap. Leaves and branches fell all around them. As everyone regained their balance, IB triggered Viki's collar once more.

Invisible Brainiac #777017 06/25/13 07:14 AM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard
The Al-Ain and Buraimi Oasis, the United Arab Emirates and Oman
Earth

"Just our luck," Invisible Brainiac quipped. "Here we are in this relaxing Arabian megacity and we don't even get to coo at sexy Arab men!" He jumped to the side as Tarrin tried to gore him with the horns of an Ox. Tarrin quickly used Rabbit to jump high in the air, then somersaulted into Monkey. IB rolled to the side as he landed. Date palms scattered around them as he did; they were one of the highlights of the Garden City of Abu Dhabi.

"Maybe we'll have better luck in the fort across the border," Blaze replied. "I hear those soldiers shave a lot more than the average man. Helps make them more presentable for the tourists; that's pretty much all the forts are used for nowadays." He dodged back as Alexandra tried to douse him with water as Aquarius. Frustrated, she channeled Gemini to split into two. "It's a good thing Oman and the UAE are okay with their towns merging into one big one."

"Exactly what I hope our opponents will learn," IB said as he ducked behind a cowering Viki. She screamed and ran as Tarrin turned into Rooster and opened his mouth.

""Uh oh, I don't want to cause a disturbance in this peaceful oasis. Shall we?" Blaze asked. IB nodded as he flew up to evade the two Alexandras, and triggered the collar around Viki's neck once more.

Last edited by Invisible Brainiac; 06/29/13 11:56 PM.
Invisible Brainiac #777018 06/25/13 07:35 AM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard
Lake Nyasa, Malawi and Mozambique
Earth

Blaze could see bright diamond-like water below them. He wished they could relax more, but it was important to keep their foes off-balance and tire them out. Spying Tarrin forming a Dragon aura around himself, Blaze used his jets of flame to tackle the boy and toss him into the water. "How do you like swimming in Malawi, the Warm Heart of Africa?"

Above, Invisible Brainiac caught a frightened Viki in a net of light. "Stay here and enjoy the lovely view; maybe when we're done we'll go try some of that delicious Mozambican cuisine." He left her hanging, literally, and raced to confont a disoriented Alexandra. She had chosen Pisces. She dove into the water and emerged with an unconscious Tarrin. IB flew down and took aim, firing several lasers at her. She dove quickly, carrying Tarrin with her.

"Blaze, keep an eye out for where they might surface. I'm going inGHHH!" IB yelled as an arrow grazed his arm. He turned to find a furious Alexandra holding her magical bow. "Gemini, remember?" she hissed as she aimed again.

"Uh uh, play nice!" Blaze launched a dozen fireballs at her. She eneveloped herself with water; the fireballs that landed fizzled out.

"Not stopping me," Blaze yelled as he sent a powerful jet of flame at Alexandra. She responded by thickening her water shield; the flames fizzled out as before, but she was pushed back significantly.

"Blaze baby, we have to look for her twin," IB called. "Pikit." Blaze complied, and IB unleashed a bright burst of light. The Alexandra in the sky flinched with a cry. As she rubbed her eyes, Blaze leaped forward and punched her in the face. She hung limply in Blaze's arms.

"See them?" Blaze asked as IB scanned the waters below.

"I think... yes." IB quickly scooped up a section of the water. an angry Alexandra's hands glowed as she pushed the water bubble upward and outward at IB.

"This is getting nowhere..." IB mumbled as he flicked another switch, and they vanished through space.

Last edited by Invisible Brainiac; 10/25/13 10:42 PM.
Invisible Brainiac #777021 06/25/13 07:54 AM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard
The Dniester, Ukraine and Moldova
Earth

Blaze dumped the second Alexandra on the banks of the Dniester Canyon. Although he would have liked to, he didn't spare a glance at the beautiful mists from the river, nor at the remains of some of the world's earliest farming communities that he knew were nearby. They had bigger fish to fry.

Invisible Brainiac strained out the bubble of water he'd picked up, then flung Tarrin and the first Alexandra on the ground. "Give up?"

"Never," spat Alexandra as she scrambled to her feet. Channeling Capricorn, she lunged at IB. The second Alexandra channeled Aries and did the same.

"Don't say I didn't warn you," IB shrugged. He zoomed forward and charged at both Alexandras head on. They bounced at his hard light shield and fell against the ground. The two merged into one and lay groaning.

"She always did get frustrated too easily," IB said. An angry Tarrin twitched on the ground, then turned to IB with eyes of rage.

"IB, get down!" Blaze yelled as he rushed towards IB. "Tarrin is..."

Blaze's words hung in the air as Tarrin roared in Dragon form.

"Uh oh. I think it's time we scrammed," IB whispered. He ran to collect the two Alexandras and the group winked out of existence.

Last edited by Invisible Brainiac; 06/30/13 12:00 AM.
Invisible Brainiac #777666 06/30/13 12:31 AM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard
The Stella Artois Brewery, Belgium
Earth

Blaze raised a quizzical eye at Invisible Brainiac as he saw their next destination. "Really?" he asked.

IB shrugged. "I know for a fact that Tarrin and Alexandra didn't party much as kids." He gently laid Viki on the rooftop, then leaped towards Alexandra. She leaped out of the way with a laugh and spun on him. She took aim with her arrow... only for the real IB to slam into her. The first, which had been a hologram, faded away.

Alexandra tried to twist in his grasp, but he held on tight. "Don't worry, I'm not trying to cop a feel," he whispered. Then he dove right intothe tank where they were brewing beer. He quickly erected precise shields of light that covered everything but their mouths. Alexandra gasped as they sank to the bottom, which was a big mistake as IB could see her swallowing gulps of beer.

They rushed back up to see Blaze dancing around as Tarrin screamed at him in Rooster. IB dropped a dazed Alexandra to the ground. She swung at him and missed. "What did you DO to me? What was that awful tasting thing!"

"After all this time you still haven't tasted beer?" IB said as he easily dodged her attack. She quickly split into two using Gemini. Both Alexandras remained unsteady. "That was BEER? How dare you? I..." she cut off as Blaze slammed Tarrin into one of her. The other snarled and materialized her arrow made of stellar energy.

"Tsk. Wouldn't want you to blow up the brewery," IB said as he blocked the arrow and triggered teleportation once more.

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,019
Posts1,044,953
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Non-Magnetic Kid
Non-Magnetic Kid
We're coming Vee!!!!
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star