Roll Call
0 members (), 34 Murran Spies, and 7 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Jfposey - 05/07/24 09:45 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/07/24 08:27 AM
Kill This Thread LII - The End of the Deck of Cards
by Ann Hebistand - 05/07/24 08:07 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/07/24 04:15 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/07/24 12:40 AM
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/07/24 12:40 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/07/24 12:37 AM
Legion World Fan Table at SDCC
by stile86 - 05/06/24 06:49 PM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
X-Men Tournament Finals
#762013 01/19/13 10:46 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
Greetings everyone! Live from the Spaceopoly Arena and broadcasting to Terra, Attilan, and Chandlier, we are hosting the biggest Tournament yet. This time around the contestants will be from a widely popular team called The X-Men. For almost fifty-years the Children of the Atom have amazed them with their stories of tragedy and triumph.

First of all, please follow all Forum Rules while participating in this game. Second of all, there is a total of 250 characters in this Tournament. I am aware that some of them may be obscure, so if you need more information about a character please go to the Discussion Thread. The Discussion Thread can also be used to debate the true strength of a character. Unlike DC, Marvel does have readily statistics of their characters and feel free to cite them if necessary.

1. Battle Type
The battles will be of three types: Standard and Prep. The first battle will be a Standard Battle in which the characters powers are at normal levels and carry regular weapons/material. A prep battle is when the characters are given a certain amount of time to prepare for the match beforehand. They can use this opportunity to augment powers, block their opponents, and bring additional items.
The battles will be of three types: Standard and Prep. The first battle will be a Standard Battle in which the characters powers are at normal levels and carry regular weapons/material. A prep battle is when the characters are given a certain amount of time to prepare for the match beforehand. They can use this opportunity to augment powers, block their opponents, and bring additional items.

2. Battle Field
All battles take place in a neutral environment in the first match. In future battles, they can take place in a variety of locations. As in previous Tournments, there are different potential battle locations. These locations will be randomly assigned.
Louisiana Bayou- A swampy location a bit off the tourist path. The hot, moist weather conditions as well as the local wildlife may pose a challenge before the match begins. If you defeat all your opponents Rogue will make your team gumbo.
Danger Room- This is a neutral location based on the initial Danger Room featured in Classic X-Men. While there are a few traps and objects to avoid (or use), it is more or less like a gymnasium. The goal is to defeat all of your opponents.
Siberian Tundra in Winter- The Homeland of Colosuss has graciously allowed some of the battles to take place there under certain conditions. One must defeat their opponents before succumbing to General Winter. If you win the battle, Illyana might serve your team dinner if you ask very nicely.
Basketball Court- This is a neutral environment in which one must defeat all their opponents.
Hellfire Club- This club located in the heart of New York City is usually host to parties, but tonight it is basically a cage. One must defeat all their opponents and find a way out.

3. Here Are The Teams
You may vote the teams here. While it would be nice to explain why the teams win, I understand the first round is large so they are optional during this round. The teams have been randomly selected; I tried to have a gender ratio of at least 1:5 and I tried to avoid placing multiple high-level telepaths on the same team.

1) Team Lime Green: Julien Boudreaux, Surge IV, Shinobi Shaw, and Maggot Rusty vs. Team Purple: Reaper, Multiple Man, Adrienne Frost, Darwin, and Wildside

2) Team Orange: Black Tom, Havok, Barnacle, Gemini III (Madison Jeffries), and Marrow vs. Team Blue: Sage, Archangel, Sugar Man, Psylocke and
Wolf Cub

3) Team Teal: Sebastian Shaw, Blackwing III (Beak), Guardian, Unus, and
Firestar vs. Team Periwinkle: Polaris, Black Bishop (Harry Leland,Quicksilver
, Iceman, and Bevatron

4) Team Vermillion: Petra,Renascence (Wind-dancer), Skybolt (Redneck), Windshear, and Dagger vs. Team Navy: Donald Pierce,Magneto,Mojo, Mystique, and
Cypher

5) Team Emerald: Prof. Xavier,Baymax, Cannonball, Warlock, and
Sienna Blaze vs. Team Grass: Puck,Meggan, Eli Bard,Chamber, and
Brainchild

6) Team Peridot: Trance,Spyke (Evolution),Cadena,Persuasion, and Copycat vs. Team Tangello: Auric,Cyclops,Rockslide,Siryn, and
Doctor Nemesis

7) Team Yellow: Transonic,Husk, Omega Red,Warpath and Agent Brand vs. Team Malachite: King Bedlam,Blue Shield,Selene,Black Box, and Mentallo

8) Team Crimson: Neophyte, Bulk, Basilisk IV, Toad and Jia Jing
vs. Team Topaz: Birdy, Gaia, Barbarus, Tarot and Callisto

9) Team Grapefruit: Mirage,Sunpyre, Wiz Kid, Vindicator and
Starstreak II vs. Team Sea: Wallflower,Bushwacker,Mastermind,
Banshee, and Bird-Man

10) Team Garnet: Bonebreaker,Tempest V (Angel Salvadore),Forge,Bastion and
Monet vs. Team Tanzanite: Shaman,Caliban,Catseye,Frenzy
and Sunspot

11) Team Sun: Stryfe,Longshot,Ricochet,Peter Wisdom
, and Destiny vs. Team Lava: Magma,Synch, Skids, Aurora and
Blob

12) Team Sky: Freakshow, Quentin Quire (Exiles), Brawler,Wild Child, and Vertigo II vs. Team Jasper: Roulette,Occult, Boost,Snowbird and Black Rook I (Fredrich von Roehm)

13) Team Sapphire: Rictor,Rachel Grey,Anole,Weasel II
Warhawk vs. Team Jade: Whiteout,Marrina,Karma,Blockade
, and Ink

14) Team Lapis Lazuli: Ripcord (Stacy X),Justice,Colosuss,Jean Grey,Thunderbird vs. Team Beryl: Juggernaut, Wolverine, Abyss, Sunfire, Deathbird

15) Team Agate: Bella Donna, Cloak, Kid Gladiator, Berzerker II
and Barrage vs. Team Ruby: Northstar,Crosta, Beef, Ruby Summers (XSE), and Leech

16) Team Opal: Vanisher,Warp Savant, Betty Braddock,Doop and
Voght vs. Team Scarlet: Scarlet Witch,Arclight,Icarus,Count Nefaria, and Torpid (Evolution)

17) Team Crimson: Strong Guy, Dust II, Crimson Commando, Lilandra
Kid Omega vs. Team Lavender: Red Lotus, Broadband, Gambit,Radian and Lady Mastermind

18) Team Shiny: Shatterstar,Bulwark,Beast,Hepzibah, and Elixir vs. Team Pink: Three-In-One, Pixie III (Pre-Magik), Mercury IV
, Wall II, and Jubilee

19) Team Avacado: Joseph, Bolt III, Braincell, Blaze (DoFP) and
Dazzler vs. Team Chrome: Dead Girl, War V, Yukio, Cable and
Pyro

20) Team Aquamarine: Sub-Mariner, Beldame, Wyre, Angel and
Wolfsbane vs. Team Gold: Rogue, Cybelle, Scaleface, Blindspot, and Sabra

21) Team Diamond: Talisman II, Shadowcat, Emma Frost, Box I, and
Yukon Jack vs. Team Platnium: Storm, Crucible I, Vange Whedon, Feral, and Gentle

22) Team Sepia: Pulsar (XSE), Avalanche, Mister Sinister, Glob Herman, and Bling! vs. Team Wagner: Noctune (Exiles),Bliss
Nightcrawler, Squirrel Girl, and Daken

23) Team Grey: Nathan Grey, Captain Britain, The Changeling,
Cecilia Reyes, and Squid-Boy vs. Team Forest: Ka-Zar, Dryad
Captain Midlands, Beautiful Dreamer, and Prodigy IV

24) Team Indigo: Maverick, Tink, Dark Beast, Luna Maximoff, and
X-23 vs. Team Tan: Alchemy,Carol Danvers,Blockbuster III,Sasquatch, and Hellion

25) Team Black: Bishop, Empath, Exodus,Wither, and
Armor vs. Team Neon: Sabretooth, Façade (Evolution), Moira MacTaggert, Lifeguard, Boom-Boom

Last edited by Emily Sivana; 07/06/13 06:43 PM.

Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb
Re: X-Men Tournament Round One
Emily Sivana #762102 01/21/13 12:43 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Tough one. Not familiar with most of these, I know what their powers are but that’s it. Um…

1) I know Reaper can slow reaction times and Wildside can scramble senses. Surge IV and Shinobi Shaw could possibly break through these, but they’ll still have to deal with Darwin’s evolution and the many selves of Multiple Man. I give it to Team Purple.

2) Team Blue seems more versatile. Sage can analyze her opponents’ moves, Psylocke can break through any shield Madison Jeffries throws up, and Sugar Man is just flat out dangerous.

3) Polaris shuts down the technology used by Blackwing and Guardian. Quicksilver senses the biggest threat and goes for Sebastian Shaw; the two take each other out. Iceman freezes Unus in his forcefield, but Firestar takes Iceman out. That leaves Firestar vs. Polaris and Bevatron… Microwaves versus magnetism and electricity, hmmm… Heat weakens magnetism, so Team Teal

4) Oh boy. Magneto and Cypher can easily disrupt the technology used by Renascence and Skybolt. Perta and Dagger take out Mystique, Donald Pierce, Mojo and Cypher. Assuming Windshear has his powers, he can stall Magneto long enough for the three to gang up on him. Team Vermilion

5) Tough. Professor X is pretty powerful, but then so is Meggan. Brainchild seems to be like a Brainiac 5, so I'd bet he has some psychic defenses to deploy against Prof. X and Chamber can help too. Eli Bard's a tough cookie as well. I’ll give this to Team Grass.

6) Persuasion could be useful here, as could Trance, but Team Tangello is full of long-range fighters so I’ll give it to them.

7) I think Selene is the only one who’s going to matter in this battle. Team Malachite

8) The telepathic Birdy mindscans all their opponents. Gaia creates something to blast the opposing team into oblivion. Even if Neophyte phases through, Birdy can psychically stun him. Team Topaz

9) If Dani still had her powers… Mastermind catches the opposing team in an illusion, giving Wallflower enough time to infect them with pheromones. Team Sea.

10) I think this will come down to which team can better protect its resident magician/dues ex machine while said magician prepares to beat down the opposing team. I’ll give it to Team Garnet due to the powerful Bastion and the flying brick Monet, plus Forge’s techno and magical abilities give him an edge over the purely mystical Shaman.

11) I’m thinking Destiny can try to foresee what the opponents will do, but this is by no means guaranteed. Maybe Skids can protect Synch in her forcefield, while Aurora gets them close to the enemies and Magma and Blob buy time. Once Synch gains the powers of Stryfe and Longshot… Team Lava wins easily.

12) I can see Boost, er, boosting the mutant powers of his teammates. With Occult’s vision powers seeing through anything Vertigo could try, and Roulette giving everyone else a luck-based boost… I think they could somehow beat Quentin Quire, who doesn’t really have a good track record at teamwork. Team Jasper

Emily Sivana #762103 01/21/13 01:53 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
13. Recognizing the threat, Karma immediately tells Whiteout to blind the other team. Karma then attempts to enter Rachel Grey’s mind. While Rachel’s off-balance, Blockade and Warhawk stalemate each other. Marrina washes away Anole, and Rictor whips up some rock to block her whirlpools. Weasel II tries to teleport, but has to fight it out with Ink. In the end, though, Rachel Grey is just too much for Karma… Team Saphhire.

14. Jean Grey and Justice together are too much for the other team, with Thunderbird and Colossus providing them with cover. Even Wolverine, who manages to break through, can’t bear to hurt Jean. Team Lapis Lazuli

15. At first the combination of Kid Gladiator, Cloak’s teleportation/phasing and the energy powers of the other 3 appear to be too much… They take out Beef, Crosta and Ruby Summers. But Leech saps their energy, and the crafty Northstar, who’d been hiding all this time, comes in and wins the day. Team Ruby

16) Tempted to give it to Scarlet Witch’s team right off the bat, but I think Vanisher and Voght would be smart enough to take her out by chucking her into Doop’s interdimensional portal. They can do the same to Count Nefaria. And then we have Warp Savant’s reality-altering powers.. Team Opal all the way.

17) Lady Mastermind tries to take out Kid Omega… who is simply too powerful for her. No matter how the other battles go, Kid Omega can clean up whomever’s left. Team Crimson.

18) With Pixie stalling the competition and the Three-In-One messing with Elixir’s mind… Jubilee and Mercury will make quick work of Beast and Hepzibah too. Team Pink.

19) Braincell and Joseph keep Cable busy, while Bolt, Blaze and Dazzler make quick work of War, Yukio and Pyro. Team Avocado

20) Beldame intercepts Rogue, but Rogue still beats her reflective powers. Rogue then takes out Sub-Mariner. Blindspot makes Angel forget how to fly, while Sabra beats Wolfsbane. Scaleface and Cybelle gang up on Wyre. Team Gold

21) Even though I love Storm, I think Emma Frost and Talisman II together would take her down. None of the others can hit Shadowcat either, so… Team Diamond

22) Everyone knows Squirrel Girl ALWAYS wins. Kidding aside, I can see Nightcrawler and Nocturne double-teaming Mister Sinister while Daken takes out Avalanche. Using their momentum, Nightcrawler and Nocturne take out the long-range Bling! and Pulsar. Team Wagner

23) Looks to me like Team Grey is just too overpowering…

24) Team Tan. Between Carol Danvers’ strength and experience, the transmutation powers of Alchemy, and Hellion’s TK…

25) Empath tries to manipulate Sabretooth, but finds he can’t touch the mindless rage. Boom-boom and Armor stalemate each other. Bishop gently takes out Moira. Wither tries to decay Lifeguard, but she adapts and takes him out instead. Whatever happens though, I think Exodus is too powerful for Sabretooth and Lifeguard to beat together… Team Black

Emily Sivana #762113 01/21/13 01:02 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Even I ... don't know who everyone is. So this will be a bit of a "go fish" round.

1) Team Lime Green: Julien Boudreaux, Surge IV, Shinobi Shaw, and Maggot Rusty vs. Team Purple: Reaper, Multiple Man, Adrienne Frost, Darwin, and Wildside

Shinobi kills people and Madrox or Darwin may be enough to beat him but I think it'll be more of a stalemate.

Team Lime Green.

2) Team Orange: Black Tom, Havok, Barnacle, Gemini III, and Marrow vs. Team Blue: Sage, Archangel, Sugar Man, Psylocke and
Wolf Cub

Team Blue: Sage, Archangel, Sugar Man, Psylocke and
Wolf Cub ... Sage knows everything ...

3) Team Teal: Sebastian Shaw, Blackwing III, Guardian, Unus, and
Firestar vs. Team Periwinkle: Polaris, Black Bishop,Quicksilver
, Iceman, and Bevatron

Team Periwinkle: Polaris, Black Bishop,Quicksilver
, Iceman, and Bevatron. Polaris and QUicksilver together can take out most of the other time.

4) Team Vermillion: Petra,Renascence, Skybolt, Windshear, and Dagger vs. Team Navy: Donald Pierce,Magneto,Mojo, Mystique, and
Cypher

Team Navy: Donald Pierce,Magneto,Mojo, Mystique, and
Cypher. Mags AND Mystique!!! and Mojo!

Sienna Blaze vs. Team Grass: Puck,Meggan, Eli Bard,Chamber, and
Brainchild

This goes to Xavier and Warlock. 5) Team Emerald: Prof. Xavier,Baymax, Cannonball, Warlock, and
Sienna Blaze

6) Team Peridot: Trance,Spyke (Evolution),Cadena,Persuasion, and Copycat vs. Team Tangello: Auric,Cyclops,Rockslide,Siryn, and
Doctor Nemesis

Team Tangello: Auric,Cyclops,Rockslide,Siryn, and
Doctor Nemesis

7) Team Yellow: Transonic,Husk, Omega Red,Warpath and Agent Brand vs. Team Malachite: King Bedlam,Blue Shield,Selene,Black Box, and Mentallo

Team Malachite: King Bedlam,Blue Shield,Selene,Black Box, and Mentallo. SELENE!

8) Team Crimson: Neophyte, Bulk, Basilisk IV, Toad and Jia Jing
vs. Team Topaz: Birdy, Gaia, Barbarus, Tarot and Callisto

Team Topaz: Birdy, Gaia, Barbarus, Tarot and Callisto

9) Team Grapefruit: Mirage,Sunpyre, Wiz Kid, Vindicator and
Starstreak II vs. Team Sea: Wallflower,Bushwacker,Mastermind,
Banshee, and Bird-Man

Team Grapefruit: Mirage,Sunpyre, Wiz Kid, Vindicator and
Starstreak II. Barely. I give it to Dani, Vindicator, and Sunpyre.

10) Team Garnet: Bonebreaker,Tempest V,Forge,Bastion and
Monet vs. Team Tanzanite: Shaman,Caliban,Catseye,Frenzy
and Sunspot

Team Tanzanite: Shaman,Caliban,Catseye,Frenzy
and Sunspot. Although Forge makes it tough.

11) Team Sun: Stryfe,Longshot,Ricochet,Peter Wisdom
, and Destiny vs. Team Lava: Magma,Synch, Skids, Aurora and
Blob

vs. Team Lava: Magma,Synch, Skids, Aurora and
Blob. MAGMA. opens up a volcano. and Aurora is pretty fast.

12) Team Sky: Freakshow, Quentin Quire (Exiles), Brawler,Wild Child, and Vertigo II vs. Team Jasper: Roulette,Occult, Boost,Snowbird and Black Rook I

Team Sky. My money is on Quentin usually.

13) Team Sapphire: Rictor,Rachel Grey,Anole,Weasel II
Warhawk vs. Team Jade: Whiteout,Marrina,Karma,Blockade
, and Ink

Rachel Grey always. Team Sapphire: Rictor,Rachel Grey,Anole,Weasel II
Warhawk

14) Team Lapis Lazuli: Ripcord,Justice,Colosuss,Jean Grey,Thunderbird vs. Team Beryl: Juggernaut, Wolverine, Abyss, Sunfire, Deathbird

this is tough. Team Beryl. Jean's the one to check. but most of the opposition have animal strong wills.

15) Team Agate: Bella Donna, Cloak, Kid Gladiator, Berzerker II
and Barrage vs. Team Ruby: Northstar,Crosta, Beef, Ruby Summers (XSE), and Leech

My X boyfriend Northstar. He's pretty smart. Even against my favorite little badnass Kid Gladiator. Team Ruby: Northstar,Crosta, Beef, Ruby Summers (XSE), and Leech

16) Team Opal: Vanisher,Warp Savant, Betty Braddock,Doop and
Voght vs. Team Scarlet: Scarlet Witch,Arclight,Icarus,Count Nefaria, and Torpid (Evolution)

Scarlet Witch AND Count Nefaria ... even Doop would just run.

Team Scarlet: Scarlet Witch,Arclight,Icarus,Count Nefaria, and Torpid (Evolution)

17) Team Crimson: Strong Guy, Dust II, Crimson Commando, Lilandra
Kid Omega vs. Team Lavender: Red Lotus, Broadband, Gambit,Radian and Lady Mastermind

Lilandra and Kid Omega pull it out. Team Crimson: Strong Guy, Dust II, Crimson Commando, Lilandra
Kid Omega

18) Team Shiny: Shatterstar,Bulwark,Beast,Hepzibah, and Elixir vs. Team Pink: Three-In-One, Pixie III (Pre-Magik), Mercury IV
, Wall II, and Jubilee

This ones tough. I say Beast over the Cuckoos. Team Shiny: Shatterstar,Bulwark,Beast,Hepzibah, and Elixir. and Elixir is uber powerful.

19) Team Avacado: Joseph, Bolt III, Braincell, Blaze (DoFP) and
Dazzler vs. Team Chrome: Dead Girl, War V, Yukio, Cable and
Pyro

(Yukio!) uh .. I think Cable and Pyro somehow overcome Joseph. Team Chrome: Dead Girl, War V, Yukio, Cable and
Pyro

20) Team Aquamarine: Sub-Mariner, Beldame, Wyre, Angel and
Wolfsbane vs. Team Gold: Rogue, Cybelle, Scaleface, Blindspot, and Sabra

hmmm Rogue over Sub Mariner then she uses his powers to beat his team. Team Gold: Rogue, Cybelle, Scaleface, Blindspot, and Sabra

21) Team Diamond: Talisman II, Shadowcat, Emma Frost, Box I, and
Yukon Jack vs. Team Platnium: Storm, Crucible I, Vange Whedon, Feral, and Gentle

Shadowcat VERUS Storm???? My two favorites in the 1st Round ??

Team Platnium: Storm, Crucible I, Vange Whedon, Feral, and Gentle

I miss Kitty already.

22) Team Sepia: Pulsar (XSE), Avalanche, Mister Sinister, Glob Herman, and Bling! vs. Team Wagner: Noctune (Exiles),Bliss

Daken cuts up Mr. Sinister. Team Wagner: Noctune (Exiles),Bliss

23) Team Grey: Nathan Grey, Captain Britain, The Changeling,
Cecilia Reyes, and Squid-Boy vs. Team Forest: Ka-Zar, Dryad
Captain Midlands, Beautiful Dreamer, and Prodigy IV

Team Grey: Nathan Grey, Captain Britain, The Changeling,
Cecilia Reyes, and Squid-Boy

24) Team Indigo: Maverick, Tink, Dark Beast, Luna Maximoff, and
X-23 vs. Team Tan: Alchemy,Carol Danvers,Blockbuster III,Sasquatch, and Hellion

Team Tan: Alchemy,Carol Danvers,Blockbuster III,Sasquatch, and Hellion

Armor vs. Team Neon: Sabretooth, Façade (Evolution), Moira MacTaggert, Lifeguard, Boom-Boom

Armor. I thought it was close but then I saw Exodus.

Re: X-Men Tournament Round Two
Emily Sivana #763564 02/10/13 06:08 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
These are the results of the first contest. For the sake of efficiency, I have simply broke ties:

1) Team Lime Green
2) Team Blue
3) Team Periwinkle
4) Team Vermillion
5) Team Emerald
6) Team Tangello
7) Team Malachite
8) Team Topaz
9) Team Sea
10) Team Tanzanite
11) Team Lava
12) Team Sky
13) Team Sapphire
14) Team Beryl
15) Team Ruby
16) Team Scarlet
17) Team Crimson
18) Team Shiny
19) Team Chrome
20) Team Gold
21) Team Platnium
22) Team Wagner
23) Team Grey
24) Team Tan
25) Team Black

The next round will be a Prep match. Each team has an hour to prepare any appropriate defenses or acquire any equipment which could help them in the match. Available equipment should be plausible by canon (i.e. Jubilee should not be carrying a Cosmic Cube). Team Tanzanite is exempt from this round because there is not a team to oppose it. There will be a Wild Card after the second round in order to create an equal number of teams.

1) Team Lime Green: Julien Boudreaux, Surge IV, Shinobi Shaw, and Maggot Rusty vs. Team Lava: Magma,Synch, Skids, Aurora and
Blob in a Louisiana Bayou

2) Team Blue: Sage, Archangel, Sugar Man, Psylocke and
Wolf Cub vs. Team Gold: Rogue, Cybelle, Scaleface, Blindspot, and Sabra on the Basketball Court

3) Team Periwinkle: Polaris, Black Bishop (Harry Leland,Quicksilver, Iceman, and Bevatron vs. Team Wagner: Noctune (Exiles),Bliss
in the Danger Room

4) Team Vermillion: Petra,Renascence (Wind-dancer), Skybolt (Redneck), Windshear, and Dagger vs. Team Ruby: Northstar,Crosta, Beef, Ruby Summers (XSE), and Leech in a Louisiana Bayou

Sienna Blaze vs. Team Beryl: Juggernaut, Wolverine, Abyss, Sunfire, Deathbird in the Siberian Tundra in the Winter

6) Team Tangello: Auric,Cyclops,Rockslide,Siryn, and
Doctor Nemesis vs. 23) Team Grey: Nathan Grey, Captain Britain, The Changeling, and Cecilia Reyes in the Hellfire Club

7) Team Malachite: King Bedlam,Blue Shield,Selene,Black Box,and Mentallo vs. Team Sapphire: Rictor,Rachel Grey,Anole,Weasel II
Warhawk in the Hellfire Club

8) Team Topaz: Birdy, Gaia, Barbarus, Tarot and Callisto vs. Team Sky: Freakshow, Quentin Quire (Exiles), Brawler,Wild Child, and Vertigo II in the Danger Room

9) Team Sea: Wallflower,Bushwacker,Mastermind,
Banshee, and Bird-Man vs. Team Scarlet: Scarlet Witch,Arclight,Icarus,Count Nefaria, and Torpid (Evolution) on the Basketball Court

10) Team Crimson: Strong Guy, Dust II, Crimson Commando, Lilandra and Kid Omega vs. Team Black: Bishop, Empath, Exodus,Wither, and Armor in the Danger Room

11) Team Shiny: Shatterstar,Bulwark,Beast,Hepzibah, and Elixir
vs. Team Chrome: Dead Girl, War V, Yukio, Cable and
Pyro on the Basketball Court

21) Team Platnium: Storm, Crucible I, Vange Whedon, Feral, and Gentle vs. Team Tan: Alchemy,Carol Danvers,Blockbuster III,Sasquatch, and Hellion in the Danger Room

Last edited by Emily Sivana; 02/10/13 06:21 PM.

Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb
Emily Sivana #763571 02/10/13 10:20 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
1) Team Lava
2) Team Blue
3) Team Periwinkle
4) Team Vermillion
5) Team Emerald
6) Team Tangello
7) Team Malachite
8) Team Topaz
9) Team Scarlet
10) Team Crimson
11) Team Chrome
21) Team Platnium

Emily Sivana #768235 04/16/13 09:58 AM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
I apologize for stalling this tournament for a long time. I was wondering whether or not to continue it due to the perceived lack of interest. However, I would like to start a general tournament soon and it would be unfair to leave this unfinished.

This round is introducing Team Inhuman. This team consists of Medusa, Crystal, Karnak, Gorgon, and Triton. You can consider it a preview to the next Tournament. This shall be a Standard Match with no-Prep.

1) Team Periwinkle: Polaris, Black Bishop (Harry Leland,Quicksilver, Iceman, and Bevatron vs. Team Scarlet:Scarlet Witch,Arclight,Icarus,Count Nefaria, and Torpid (Evolution) in the Hellfire Club

2) Team Lava: Magma,Synch, Skids, Aurora and Blob vs. Team Vermillion: Petra,Renascence (Wind-dancer), Skybolt (Redneck), Windshear, and Dagger on the Siberian Tundra in winter

3) Team Crimson: Neophyte, Bulk, Basilisk IV, Toad and Jia Jing vs. Team Emerald:Prof. Xavier,Baymax, Cannonball, Warlock, and
Sienna Blaze in the Danger Room

4) Team Topaz: Birdy, Gaia, Barbarus, Tarot and Callisto v Team Malachite: King Bedlam,Blue Shield,Selene,Black Box, and Mentallo in the Louisiana Bayou

5)Team Chrome:Dead Girl, War V, Yukio, Cable and
Pyro vs. Team Tanzanite:Shaman,Caliban,Catseye,Frenzy
and Sunspot on the Basketball Court

6) Team Tangello: Auric,Cyclops,Rockslide,Siryn, and
Doctor Nemesis vs. Team Inhuman in the Louisiana Bayou

7) Team Platinum:Storm, Crucible I, Vange Whedon, Feral, and Gentle vs. Team Blue: Sage, Archangel, Sugar Man, Psylocke and Wolf Cub in the Danger Room

There will be a Wild Card following this round in which the audience can vote to bring back one of the losing teams. That will bring us to the Semi-Finals, and after that will be the Finals. My current plan is to have a series of three matches, and whoever wins two out of three matches will be the overall winner. If there are any objections, please tell me in the Discussion thread.

Emily Sivana #768238 04/16/13 10:21 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
1) Team Scarlet

2) Team Lava

3) Team Emerald

4) Team Malachite

5) Team Tanzanite

6) Team Inhuman

7) Team Platinum

Emily Sivana #770104 05/03/13 03:34 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
The teams listed in the post above move forward. I have planned a Wild Card run, however, the lack of participation has once again made me question continuing this tournament. Should I finish it simply to finish what I started?

Emily Sivana #770183 05/04/13 08:00 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
I support finishing it! If we can get a 3rd player it will be very valid. How about reaching out to Power Boy, he voted in earlier rounds?

Re: X-Men Tournament Round Three
Emily Sivana #770294 05/05/13 09:20 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
Wildcard Round

In order to ensure an even number of teams for the semi-finals, there will be a Wildcard. You may select one team to return to the Tournament. The Wildcard will run from Sunday May 5th 9:15 P.M until Sunday May 12th at 9:15 P.M. If you live in another time zone or have other difficulties, please send me a PM and we will work something out. I will be partaking in the Wildcard Round and will be PMing my vote to Invisible Brainiac, who will post it here in order to prevent cheating.

Wildcard Options
Team Lime Green: Julien Boudreaux, Surge IV, Shinobi Shaw, and Maggot Rusty

Team Purple: Reaper, Multiple Man, Adrienne Frost, Darwin, and Wildside

Team Orange: Black Tom, Havok, Barnacle, Gemini III (Madison Jeffries), and Marrow

Wolf Cub

Team Teal: Sebastian Shaw, Blackwing III (Beak), Guardian, Unus, and Firestar

Team Periwinkle: Polaris, Black Bishop (Harry Leland),Quicksilver
,Iceman, and Bevatron

Team Vermillion: Petra,Renascence (Wind-dancer), Skybolt (Redneck), Windshear, and Dagger

Team Navy: Donald Pierce,Magneto,Mojo, Mystique, and
Cypher

Team Grass: Puck,Meggan, Eli Bard,Chamber, and
Brainchild

Team Peridot: Trance,Spyke (Evolution),Cadena,Persuasion, and Copycat

Team Tangello: Auric,Cyclops,Rockslide,Siryn, and
Doctor Nemesis

Team Yellow: Transonic,Husk, Omega Red,Warpath and Agent Brand

Team Crimson: Neophyte, Bulk, Basilisk IV, Toad and Jia Jing

Team Topaz: Birdy, Gaia, Barbarus, Tarot and Callisto

Team Grapefruit: Mirage,Sunpyre, Wiz Kid, Vindicator and
Starstreak II

Team Sea: Wallflower,Bushwacker,Mastermind,
Banshee, and Bird-Man

Team Garnet: Bonebreaker,Tempest V (Angel Salvadore),Forge,Bastion and Monet

Team Sun: Stryfe,Longshot,Ricochet,Peter Wisdom, and Destiny

Team Sky: Freakshow, Quentin Quire (Exiles), Brawler,Wild Child, and Vertigo II

Team Jasper: Roulette,Occult, Boost,Snowbird and Black Rook I (Fredrich von Roehm)

Team Sapphire: Rictor,Rachel Grey,Anole,Weasel II
Warhawk vs. Team Jade: Whiteout,Marrina,Karma,Blockade,and Ink

Team Lapis Lazuli: Ripcord (Stacy X),Justice,Colosuss,Jean Grey,Thunderbird

Team Beryl: Juggernaut, Wolverine, Abyss, Sunfire, and Deathbird

Team Agate: Bella Donna, Cloak, Kid Gladiator, Berzerker II
and Barrage

Team Ruby: Northstar,Crosta, Beef, Ruby Summers (XSE), and Leech

Team Opal: Vanisher,Warp Savant, Betty Braddock,Doop and Voght

Team Crimson: Strong Guy, Dust II, Crimson Commando, Lilandra, and Kid Omega

Team Lavender: Red Lotus, Broadband, Gambit,Radian and Lady Mastermind

Team Shiny: Shatterstar,Bulwark,Beast,Hepzibah, and Elixir

Team Pink: Three-In-One, Pixie III (Pre-Magik), Mercury IV
,Wall II, and Jubilee (Original Powerset)

Team Avacado: Joseph, Bolt III, Braincell, Blaze (DoFP) and
Dazzler

Team Chrome: Dead Girl, War V, Yukio, Cable and
Pyro

Team Aquamarine: Sub-Mariner, Beldame, Wyre, Angel and Wolfsbane

Team Gold: Rogue, Cybelle, Scaleface, Blindspot, and Sabra

Team Diamond: Talisman II, Shadowcat, Emma Frost, Box I, and
Yukon Jack

Team Sepia: Pulsar (XSE), Avalanche, Mister Sinister, Glob Herman, and Bling!

Team Wagner: Noctune (Exiles),Bliss Nightcrawler, Squirrel Girl, and Daken

Team Grey: Nathan Grey, Captain Britain, The Changeling,
Cecilia Reyes, and Squid-Boy

Team Forest: Ka-Zar, Dryad, Captain Midlands, Beautiful Dreamer, and Prodigy IV

Team Indigo: Maverick, Tink, Dark Beast, Luna Maximoff, and
X-23

Team Tan: Alchemy,Carol Danvers,Blockbuster III,Sasquatch, and Hellion

Team Black: Bishop, Empath, Exodus,Wither, and Armor

Team Neon: Sabretooth, Façade (Evolution), Moira MacTaggert, Lifeguard, Boom-Boom

Last edited by Emily Sivana; 05/09/13 09:09 AM. Reason: Jubilee's Status

Emily Sivana #770375 05/07/13 06:20 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
My pick:

Team Pink: Three-In-One, Pixie III (Pre-Magik), Mercury IV
,Wall II, and Jubilee

Emily Sivana #770376 05/07/13 06:21 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Emily's vote, as PMed to me (thanks for entrusting me with this!)

Team Ruby: Northstar,Crosta, Beef, Ruby Summers (XSE), and Leech

Emily Sivana #770380 05/07/13 06:34 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I was going to pick:
Team Purple: Reaper, Multiple Man, Adrienne Frost, Darwin, and Wildside

But this team just seems to kick ass:

Wolf Cub

I really miss Sage ... she was awesome!

(Although Rachel Grey and Northstar could take out most of these teams by themselves! I love them too.)

Emily Sivana #770391 05/07/13 06:42 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
I'm a big fan of Sage and Northstar myself, but I just couldn't not vote for Jubilee!

Emily Sivana #770400 05/07/13 10:11 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Is this vampire Jubilee or Fireworks Jubilee?

Emily Sivana #770478 05/08/13 08:28 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
Tournaments normally use the most current version of the character unless otherwise noted. However, does vampire Jubilee have long-distance teleportation or high-level magical powers? Characters with those powersets are generally excluded from Tournaments. In case you were wondering, that is why Illyana is excluded.

Emily Sivana #770493 05/09/13 08:37 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Ah, so no Lila Cheney (I think?) and no Scarlet Witch?

How about reality manipulators or powerful telepaths?

I don't think vampire Jubilee has any of those powers - but she can turn into vapor, and has strength, speed and healing.

Could I request an exception and have her be fireworks Jubilee? I always thought the vampire development was silly...

Emily Sivana #770502 05/09/13 09:08 AM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
I excluded Lila Cheney because of her long-distance teleportation power. I included Scarlet Witch because historically the character's powers aren't as powerful as shown in recent events, and some of those uses can be argued as being induced by the plot. In retrospect I should have excluded Professor Xavier.

Yes, she can be fireworks Jubilee. I will edit the post above me to reflect this status.

Wilcard Announcement: I have decided to deal with the three-way tie by combining characters we chose (Jubilee, Northstar, Sage, and Leech) and using the random number generator to pick a fifth member.

Wilcard Result: Team Firework: Jubilee, Northstar, Sage, Leech, and Pixie III (Pre-Magick)

Are there any objections to this?

Last edited by Emily Sivana; 05/11/13 10:29 AM.

Emily Sivana #770625 05/11/13 10:25 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
I think that's a wonderful compromise smile I'm very happy Sage and Pixie got in too!

Re: X-Men Tournament Wildcard Result!
Emily Sivana #770779 05/13/13 09:32 AM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
As per Invisible Brainiac's suggestion, I have mixed the teams up for the Semi-Finals. The first round of the Semi-Finals will start today and end at 9:30 P.M on Friday night. Again, if you live in a different time-zone or have any other difficulties, please contact me.

1. Team Silver: Caliban, Blob, Storm, Baymax, and Frenzy
vs. Team Scarlet: Sunspot, Catseye, Count Nefaria, and Scarlet Witch on the Basketball Court

2. Team Chrome: Mentallo, Icarus, Warlock, Triton, and Sienna Blaze vs. Team Firework: Pixie III (Pre-Magick), Sage, Northstar, Leech, and Jubilee in the Louisiana Bayou

3. Team Nova: Selene, Synch, Gorgon, Shaman, and Magma
vs. Team Violet: Black Box, Feral, Medusa, Crucible I, and Cannonball on the Basketball Court

4. Team Bright: Crystal, King Bedlam, Karnak, Blue Shield, and Aurora vs. Team Yellow: Arclight , Torpid (Evolution), Prof. Xavier, Skids and Vange on the Siberian Tundra in Winter

Emily Sivana #770801 05/13/13 10:52 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Thanks for giving Jubilee her fireworks back!

1. Team Silver (going with your statement that this is the Scarlet Witch who has simple hex powers rather than full-blown magic)

2. Team Firework

3. Team Nova (they just seem so formidable, with Selene AND Shaman, plus Synch...)

4. Team Bright

Emily Sivana #771332 05/18/13 09:51 AM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
The teams in the post above have moved on to the next round of Semi-Finals. After this round, the Finals shall commence. I originally planned for the winner to be whoever wins two out of three matches. If you think I should change this plan, let me know. As in previous matches, the voting will close in a week.

1. Team Nova: Selene, Synch, Gorgon, Shaman, and Magma
vs. Team Silver: Caliban, Blob, Storm, Baymax, and Frenzy on the Basketball Court

2. Team Bright: Crystal, King Bedlam, Karnak, Blue Shield, and Aurora
vs. Team Firework: Pixie III (Pre-Magick), Sage, Northstar, Leech, and Jubilee in the Hellfire Club

Last edited by Emily Sivana; 05/18/13 09:52 AM.

Emily Sivana #772344 05/29/13 04:24 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
2 out of 3 sounds good to me!

Going with Team Nova (Selene's tough to beat) and Team Firework (Sage, Pixie and Leech together give them a very good advantage).

Emily Sivana #778779 07/06/13 06:42 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
Final Match: The final match shall take place in a replica of the original Danger Room as seen in X-Men #1, first printed in 1963. This shall be the first in the series of three matches.

Team Nova: Selene, Synch, Gorgon, Shaman, and Magma
vs. Team Firework: Pixie III (Pre-Magick), Sage, Northstar, Leech, and Jubilee

Since this is the Finals, I will tally the votes in exactly a week from today. If I receive no votes by Saturday, I will flip a coin to determine who wins this match.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,021
Posts1,045,189
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star