Roll Call
0 members (), 38 Murran Spies, and 8 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Kill This Thread LII - The End of the Deck of Cards
by Ann Hebistand - 05/08/24 03:49 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/08/24 03:24 PM
Legion Trivia 6
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/08/24 10:58 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/08/24 05:47 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/07/24 04:15 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/07/24 12:40 AM
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/07/24 12:40 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 20 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 19 20
Re: Heroes of other worlds?
Set #761845 01/16/13 08:05 PM
K
Leader
Leader
K
So I have this problem with magic-users in comics.
Too many of them are like Zatanna or Dr. Fate—basically, they can do anything, because they’re “magic”. As opposed to Captain Marvel and Wonder Woman, whose powers are magic-based, but still somewhat defined, and sort-of limited.

I could probably do 50 posts detailing the magic-users of the Sorcerer’s World. Here is one.

Brother Power, “the Geek”, manifested on Earth in the late 1960’s. Created by the intersection of arcane and eldritch forces, he was a “doll elemental”, capable of animating rags and fabric. Educated by Peace Freaks, his understanding of the world was naive and limited. Eventually, his essence vanished back into the ether, leaving behind only a pile of old clothes.

But the doll elemental did not vanish. Knowing that he required a greater understanding of the world, and of the human race in particular, he began inhabiting the rag dolls in children’s rooms. Later, it was action figures, then department store mannequins, then statues, gargoyles, and monuments. He seldom revealed himself, preferring only to watch and listen, and wait.

As the centuries rolled by, and Earth began to reach out to the stars, the doll elemental entity did the same. Evenually, in about the mid-28th century, it came to Daxam, where a unique opportunity presented itself. Gathering scraps of Daxamite cotton, linen, wool and leather, the doll elemental constructed a new body of patchwork and rags, which, when energized by the rays of a yellow sun, would become virtually indestructible. The elemental arranged for the doll to be mailed back to Earth, and itself with it.

This time, it was in a “female” shape.

It arrived on Earth in the late 29th century. The doll girl blended in easily, as there were by now a wide variety of aliens living there. It was simply assumed that this doll girl was one more exotic alien. It eventually established a false identity of “Hope Twoberry”, obtained gainful employment, and was able to save nearly all it earned, as it had no need for food, shelter or other necessities of life.

As the animosity against extraterrestrials on Earth began to increase in the late 30th century, “Hope” set out again for the stars. This time, she found herself on the Puppet Planetoid, once a playground for giant extraterrestrial children, but now long abandoned and in disrepair. Using the funds she had raised on Earth over nearly two centuries, Hope Twoberry created the “Twoberry Foundation” for the repair and renovation of the Puppet Planetoid. As control over her powers had advanced to the point where she was able to animate the giant puppets, it quickly became a curiosity spot for interstellar tourists throughout the Galaxy.

One of the “Forbes 200,000”, Hope Twoberry now essentially owns the Puppet Planetoid outright. It is her home, her museum, her livelihood, her avocation, and essentially an extension of herself.

Hope Twoberry, alias The Doll Girl, has the ability to animate any inanimate object shaped like a living creature. Her preferred host body, made from organic Daxamite materials, is virtually indestructible, but does not possess other Daxamite abilities, such as flight, super-speed, super-strength, or heat vision, as it has no metabolism to produce those powers. Even if her preferred host were to be destroyed, she would continue to exist as a disembodied elemental force, retaining her animation powers, and capable of independent interstellar travel.

Hope has vast knowledge and experience from her observations of many alien lifeforms over several centuries. However, this knowledge is more in the nature of raw facts and observations than true understanding. Should she have emotions, they are entirely alien to the understanding of living beings. Strict pacifism is the one constant in her nature. She would allow herself to be destroyed rather than injure another, although she will defend the weak with minimal force in an extremity.

The Puppet Planetoid is home to some hundred dozen giant marionettes, most carved of some alien wood, some as much as one hundred meters tall. The Doll Girl keeps them all patched, painted, and in good repair. She has also, created a number of smaller dolls, puppets, and mannequins which assist her in this work, and these are also on display to the visiting public.

Although it is beyond her power to animate every doll or puppet on the Planetoid at once, she has shown herself capable of controlling as many as twenty at a time. Naturally, the more she animates, the less perfect her control. The Doll Girl never explains how the puppets seem to come to life. She merely displays them. Few tourists are even curious, simply recording an interesting phenomenon with their 4Dphones.

A traveling wizard from the Sorcerer’s World once visited the Puppet Planetoid, and was easily able to divine Hope Twoberry’s true nature. Although her pacifism makes her no real threat, he recognized her incredible power, and reported her existence to Blok and Mysa. Relations are cordial, and The Doll Girl maintains a studio on the Sorcerer’s World.

“I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal.” -- Groucho Marx
Klar Ken T5477 #761851 01/16/13 11:41 PM
S
Set Offline OP
Long live the Legion!
OP Offline
Long live the Legion!
S
Ooh, Sorcerer's World! (I so agree on preferring magic-themed characters who have actual defined powers, like Sargon the Sorcerer with his Ruby of Life, compared to people who just arbitrarily do anything 'cause 'magic!')

I had an idea for a Sorcerer's Seven team, sort of the Zerox version of my Team Titan, but never really got around it it.

The short short version;

1) Lady Lake.

2) Lector Seb Khereti[/color].

3) [color:#CC0000]Su'ath Ka, the Caller Down. A member of the four-armed serpent-tailed Nahgahni race, The Caller Down has the ability to create conjuring circles, which she can use to view distant areas remotely, to transport herself and others, to call forth creatures from distant places, to bind / enspell others, or to erect defensive shields that transfer hostile forces away harmlessly. She wears an assortment of jewelry, bearing stones from many distant places, which serve as touchstones allowing her to conjure forces from those places, or whisk herself away to these places. (Her sorcerous powers superficially seem quite similar to Magik's 'stepping disks.')

4) Gildenfire. A Myaran alchemist who reveres Jan Arrah, the Last Son of Trom as 'the Ennobled One,' a messianic figure 'that will transform the universe.' (Element Lad is aware of this smallish Myaran cult, and finds it terribly embarassing.) Using an assortment of elixirs and dusts, Gildenfire can transform himself or dissolve or transform things, specializing in turning solids to liquids to gases, and not actually changing elemental compositions or physical forms. He usually has a humanoid form with Asian features, but due to his near-constant alchemical experimentation, at any given time he may have an odd skin coloration, or be hairless,or have some other alchemy-induced physical abnormality...

5) The Sapphire Suzerain. An elderly woman, in azure sleeves and skirts, billowing from beneath delicate silvery armor, the Sapphire Suzerain is the bearer of the Sapphire Star of Sintar, a blue spiky crystal affixed to a silvery staff that floats ever at her side. (Although she will lean on it when she descends to walk upon the ground, which is rarely.) Somehow connected to the Emerald Eye of Ekron, the Sapphire Star of Sintar gives her similar powers, focused on levitation, force fields, telekinesis, life-support fields, stasis fields and paralyzing / binding attacks. It can also generate blasts of azure force, but she prefers to restrain her targets, than to 'blast away' at them.

6) Harlack the Necromancer. The young Khund, all grown up and having explored the mostly abandoned spiritual beliefs of his people, tapping into the might and lore of warriors and champions long dead, to bring his people's glorious history back into the forefront of the racial consciousness, and remind them of days of glory that did not involve cybernetic enhancement and 'challenge courts.' He carries an assortment of talismans and fetishes, each scavenged from the burial site of a powerful legendary Khund champion, allowing him to call upon their spirits to scout distant places, possess his foes, or even to 'possess' himself and grant him their strength and skill.

7) Sprite. This tiny butterfly winged humanoid claims no other name, and can shape and weave glamer into fantastic illusions, or spin it 'round himself and others to render them invisible (or into the guises of other creatures entirely), and can work his magics to reduce others to his size against their will, or gift his allies with the powers of wingless flight! With effort, he seems to even be able to spin 'glamor' into items that seem very real, although the touch of cold iron can cause them to fade away.

Wrapped Around Your Finger now complete in BITS!
Set #762122 01/21/13 06:16 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Set great job! for not fully finished they seem pretty finished to me for most of them!

Sprite is my favorite i think!

Kalr Ken i love your "The Doll Girl". really inventive. I love the concept of a puppeteer power.

read the adventures of the Reboot Legion!

http://www.legionworld.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=001232
Omni #762125 01/21/13 06:31 PM
S
Set Offline OP
Long live the Legion!
OP Offline
Long live the Legion!
S
Originally Posted by Omni
Set great job! for not fully finished they seem pretty finished to me for most of them!

Sprite is my favorite i think!

Thanks! The couple panels with Harlack and 'Sprite' in the very beginning of Jiminez's Adventure run (when they went to Sorcerer's World to pick up Glorith) really inspired me. I wanted to explore what sort of magician Harlack would grow up to be (and necromancy, to explore otherwise long-abandoned Khundian mystical/spiritual traditions, before they went all cyborg-happy, seemed an interesting fit, since necromancy is very rarely associated with good-guys or heroes).

Sprite also tapped into something rarely seen, a character with fey aspects / heritage. Vampire, werewolf, even *zombie* superheroes are more common than fey tricksters!

I also totally cheated, making my Orandan and Thanagarian concepts part of this team (covering multiple worlds with those two characters, and with Harlack), and recycling my Nahgahni stuff for Su'ath Ka.

My favorite was probaly the Thanagarian, since he's so totally different than the typical tall stoic winged 'space cop,' being a dwarf with sorcerous abilities and a larger than life outgoing personality (and no great love of heights...).

Set #762138 01/22/13 06:20 AM
R
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
R
Doll Girl is a winner...I am a big fan of those characters who embody a concept/force when done properly!

I also like the development with Harlack...I think he has heaps of potential as a character, and I'm glad he popped up a couple of times in Sorceror's World scenes which shows he hasn't been forgotten about...

razsolo #762154 01/22/13 03:33 PM
S
Set Offline OP
Long live the Legion!
OP Offline
Long live the Legion!
S
Originally Posted by razsolo
I also like the development with Harlack...I think he has heaps of potential as a character, and I'm glad he popped up a couple of times in Sorceror's World scenes which shows he hasn't been forgotten about...

I'll admit to feeling a bit hypocritical about Harlack, since I kind of like the idea of him, and even him developing into something more than a background character, and yet don't feel nearly so charitably about those four Khunds that *did* become Legionnaires, however briefly...

Set #762395 01/26/13 08:47 AM
K
Leader
Leader
K
Ventura, the Gambler's World, is frequently beset by super-powered mercenaries attempting to plunder its vast wealth. Standing between them and success is Vigentador, hero of Ventura.

Nearly all super-powered beings rely upon breaking the laws of physics, or altering physical constants, in order to express their abilities.

Legion flight rings, and nearly every flying super-character, break the Law of Conservation of Momentum.

Colossal Boy regularly breaks the Law of Conservation of Mass.

The Emerald Eye breaks the Law of Conservation of Energy.

Polar Boy's powers violate the Law of Entropy.

Cosmic Boy and Lightning Lad continually violate all kinds of laws of electromagnetism.

Vigentador's power is to strictly enforce all the laws of physics.

Directed flight, even based on "anti-gravity", will not work in his presence.

Colossal Boy, if able to increase in size, would quickly become a gossamer mist.

Most super-strength would be greatly reduced. Certainly no one could move a planet.

"Bracing", an ability more assumed than expressly articulated, is impossible. If one is hit with a fast-moving projectile, one falls down, or is catapulted through the air. The kinetic energy has to go somewhere.

Naturally, in our own world, Vigentador would appear utterly powerless. Our laws of physics perfectly enforce themselves. But in the world of the United Planets, he is extremely powerful, able to negate or attenuate nearly any super-villain�s powers. Or super-hero, for that matter.

I realize Vigentador is superficially similar to Neutrax. However, Vigentador is only able to neutralize specific attributes of another individual;s abilities. Timber Wolf would still be very strong, just not stronger than ten men. Karate Kid would retain many of his abilitiesm but would be unable to, say, disable a force field by attacking its weak spot.

Last edited by Klar Ken T5477; 01/29/13 08:46 AM.

“I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal.” -- Groucho Marx
Set #762637 01/28/13 04:10 AM
R
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
R
The Avenging Might of Orando: Six brave champions who pledged to avenge the honor of Orando after the Legion of Supervillains took over their planet some time ago. As it turns out, the Legion of Superheroes dealt with the LSV before the Orandan team ever had a chance to make their first assault, but the Avenging Might vowed to remain together to fight further evil incursions anyway. Though some of them could make feasible Legionnaires and they would never refuse a request for aid, they are motivated primarily to protect Orando specifically and none of them have ever even been off planet before.

The Iron Knight: The blacksmith and armorer Antonus has skills unparalleled throughout all of Orando. His armor and weapons are always of superb quality, and he is in high demand for those who can afford his services. He had been working for years on the armour which would be his masterpiece, and had prepared to present this to King Voxv upon the next anniversary of the king's coronation. Unfortunately the king died before this could happen, and the armor remained unfinished. When the LSV took over Orando, Antonus decided to use the armor himself to fight them...by the time he finished it though, the LSV had already been defeated.

Antonus decided to become a hero anyway, using the name Iron Knight to protect his family from enemy reprisals. The Iron Knight's armor and weapons are all almost completely resistant to sorcery, something that comes in handy on a world like Orando. The armor is much lighter and more manoeuvrable than its clunky appearance would suggest, yet extremely impervious to damage. He carries and is quite proficient at using a sword, morningstar and dagger of his own design.

Early in his career, the Iron Knight defeated and tamed a clockwork dragon. He has named this his War Machine, and often rides this ferocious fire-breathing creature into battle, a lance at his side.

The Green Brute: The Green Brute is the 31st century's representative of the Green. Nothing is known of its host prior to the time he was claimed by the Green, only that he is now an altruistic though simple-minded brute composed of vegetable matter. He stands 8 feet high and has enormous strength and regenerative capabilities as long as he is in an environment conducive to healthy plant life. The Brute can also control plant life in his vicinity, but he doesn't really possess the intellect to use this ability effectively and it only really comes to the fore when he is enraged and the plants around him go wild in sympathy.

The King of Small Things and Janvandin the Faerie Princess: Over a century ago the King of Small Things was actually the King of Orando. Greedy and corrupted by power, he captured the Faerie Queen Tinaia and promised to release her if she used her magicks to make him the undisputed ruler of all those below him for eternity. Tinaia agreed, but in casting her spell she also reduced him in size until he was smaller than even the faerie folk. The only creatures 'below' him any more were insects. He begged his son for help, but his son saw only an opportunity for himself to take the throne. He had his miniaturised father taken out somewhere to the middle of a forest and then claimed that the king had been slain by enemies.

The king was bitter for many years, but he eventually realised that he had brought all this upon himself and he resolved to change his ways. Using the insects that were now his faithful servants, he located Tinaia again and this time asked her for forgiveness and for a place in her kingdom. Realising that he'd learned his lesson, she agreed. The King of Small Things eventually fell in love with the queen's daughter Janvandin, and when Janvandin wanted to explore the world beyond her tiny kingdom, he promised Tinaia that he would accompany her and ensure her safety.

The two joined the Avenging Might only because of Janvandin's love of adventure. With her natural winged flight, her knowledge of magic and her upbeat positivity, she's a welcome addition to her more stoic teammates.

The King of Small Things has never told anyone else outside of the faeries his true background, because he feels that he is no longer the person he once was. His control of insect life does come in handy, but his heart isn't really in the team and he occasionally suffers from bouts of underconfidence.

Stormchild: Another mysterious member of the team; the Stormchild appears to be a blonde prepubescent boy. He is enormously intelligent however, and can control the weather for miles around. He can accomplish both terrible destruction and far more precise effects with his abilities, and is easily the team member with the most versatile range of ability. The Stormchild has hinted that he is actually a young weather god, but he bears no similarity to any pantheon in Orandan history. As he first appeared on the planet when the LSV transported it out of United Planets space, the King of Small Things suspects that he may actually be from somewhere else in interdimensional space, now stuck on Orando until his people find him and bring him home.

Shieldmaiden: The woman once called Stevania lived centuries ago, and most unusually for an Orandan woman she trained exhaustively in many armed and unarmed fighting disciplines until she was one of the planet's best fighters. She had a reputation for being brutal in combat, slaying her enemies without remorse.

One day Johzemo the evil wizard hypnotised Stevania into seeing her own villagers as invading barbarians. She slaughtered her entire family and most of the village before a sorcerous ally named Nicofurios finally managed to overcome the hypnosis. When Stevania saw what she had done, she was aghast. Together with Nicofurios she hunted down Johzemo. Haunted by memories of what she'd done though, she couldn't bring herself to take another life, even that of an unrepentant villain. Johzemo was killed instead by Nicofurios, but not before the evil wizard had dealt Stevania a fatal blow.

As she was dying, Stevania begged Nicofurios to help her find a way to make amends. He suspended her in a magic crystal, and promised that she would have a chance to make amends for every one of the villagers' lives she took. Now, in Orando's time of need, she emerges from the crystal to fight evil as the legendary Shieldmaiden. Whenever she suffers a fatal injury, she is once more suspended in the magical crystal, until such time as another evil calls her out. This will happen 217 more times, until she has had a lifetime to redeem herself for every single villager she killed that day. Shieldmaiden refuses to kill under any circumstances now, and will not use any weapon more lethal than her enchanted indestructible shield.

Last edited by razsolo; 01/28/13 04:13 AM.
Set #762646 01/28/13 08:40 AM
S
Set Offline OP
Long live the Legion!
OP Offline
Long live the Legion!
S
The King of Small Things is just amazing. Such a great story, and so perfect for a Pym-analogue. The fey nature of the blessing / curse was totally fair folk. Very cool!

Shieldmaiden intrigues me as well. I like the Arthurian feel of her sleeping in the crystal until called forth once again in a time of great need, tying Steve's time in the ice to Arther waiting in Avalon.

I also tapped the Arthurian well with Lady Lake, but this was both subtler and cooler.

I was thinking about Orandan heroes the other day, and how, it mades sense that Projectra's honor guard most likely received training from Val, for all the good it would have done them against people like Titania or Sun Emperor...

If some were far from the castle during the time of the attack, perhaps on some diplomatic mission halfway across the planet, they might have survived and gone into hiding, intending to build up some sort of underground resistance, only for the Legion to show up and deal with it before they could do more than start rallying and planning a counter-offensive / guerilla war.

Certainly the old fogeys in Projectra's circle of advisors (the Orakills?) survived just fine, as they were shown back in power afterwards (when they gifted Projectra with her enhanced powers). One wonders if they went underground (aided by their own illusion magic or hypothetical underground snake-people allies? :)), surrendered meekly (which would have been required with kill-happy folks like Sun Emperor, Silver Slasher and Lightning Lord around) or, *gasp* collaborated with the LSV!

Vigentador is clever. I like the idea of someone who can change the laws of physics. He's kind of a Scarlet Witch in reverse. She makes crazy improbable things happen. He doesn't truck with that nonsense. People shouldn't be able to pick up buildings or fly around like that. You get down here right now young man and walk like the rest of us!

Klar Ken T5477 #762709 01/28/13 07:05 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Originally Posted by Klar Ken T5477
Ventura, the Gambler�s World, is frequently beset by super-powered mercenaries attempting to plunder its vast wealth. Standing between them and success is Vigentador, hero of Ventura.

Vigentador�s power is to strictly enforce all the laws of physics.

i love this idea!

And Set you are totally right. the reverse Scarlett Witch!

also great use of Gambler's world. That's one that i think we definitely don't see a whole lot of.

razsolo #762711 01/28/13 07:25 PM
Deputy
Deputy
The Avenging Might of Orando:

i love this team! and the name is totally one that would be formed by a resistance. i actually imagine that that is how they got that name. they took it from the resistance to honor their work to help free Orando.

The Iron Knight

Early in his career, the Iron Knight defeated and tamed a clockwork dragon. He has named this his War Machine, and often rides this ferocious fire-breathing creature into battle, a lance at his side.

this idea is awesome and hilarious. a clockwork dragon! it sounds very steam punkish.

The Green Brute:The Green Brute is the 31st century's representative of the Green.

loving the connection to the current storyline and its cool to have this idea being represented on another planet besides Earth. it totally makes sense that it exist through out the universe!

I also like that he's not just another Swamp Thing. but his own character.
The King of Small Things and Janvandin the Faerie Princess:

awesome job!
but i would love to hear more about Janvandin the Faerie
Princess.

Stormchild:

which god is he supposed to be?

i like that a god from another world is on their planet. that something that isn't seen to much.

Shieldmaiden

i agree with Set, great Arthurian influence.
I see a bit of Xena in there as well, a warrior queen out to make amends for the wrongs she's done.

Great job!

Set #762761 01/29/13 08:45 AM
K
Leader
Leader
K
razsolo:

If there is any world with a plethora of heroes, it would be the magical, chivalry-bound world of Orando.

Of course, you know the Avenging Might had several other members over the years: the resurrected paladin known only as The Queen's Colors; The Black Archers and Magpie; Bloodwitch, her brother Ydragyros and her late husband the Crimson Wraith[b]; and even [b]the Living Rock and [b]Arachne[b].

As far as Vigentador goes,I usually have an idea of what my characters look like (despite my complete lack of artistic ability) but with this one, I had only the idea of his powers.

However, seeing him described as a "reversed Scarlet Witch" has inspired me: yes, his costume is identical to the Scarlet Witch: pink body suit, scarlet bustier, flowing cape, the whole thing.

Klar Ken T5477 #762762 01/29/13 09:37 AM
S
Set Offline OP
Long live the Legion!
OP Offline
Long live the Legion!
S
As far as Vigentador goes,I usually have an idea of what my characters look like (despite my complete lack of artistic ability)

I hear ya. I often have very detailed mental images of these characters, and have to try and 'paint them with words,' since I can't draw a stick figure to save my life.

However, seeing him described as a "reversed Scarlet Witch" has inspired me: yes, his costume is identical to the Scarlet Witch: pink body suit, scarlet bustier, flowing cape, the whole thing.

And now I picture him as Dr. Franken Furter, but in dark red instead of black, and speaking like the cartoon version of Starfinger!

Set #762912 01/31/13 08:38 AM
K
Leader
Leader
K
Transilvane is a small artificial planet created by Dabny Donovan of NASA, and inhabited by a several miniature alien races resembling classic movie monsters. When last seen, it resided in a secret underground location beneath the city of Metropolis.

(It first appeared in Superman's Pal Jimmy Olsen #142 during the Kirby run)

The various races of Transilvane fought among themselves for centuries.

In consideration for their assistance in the Great War of the 28th century, Transilvane was transported to the Solar asteroid belt, and established in a stable orbit.

In the 31st century, tensions were mounting again on Transilvane. Due to their wartime experience, their leaders were much more capable of waging war—and much more aware of the potential for destruction. One group of scientists and politicians, representing all seven races of Transilvane, created the Ambassador Project. The idea was to design and build a single, powerful individual who would be able to represent all eight races of Transilvane, and serve as an ambassador between them all, as well a serving as a symbol of unity for the general population.

Thus was born Paramount, who has the ability to transform into any of the races of Transilvane.

1. As a Frankenstein, Paramount has tremendous strength, endurance, and durability. He is also able to generate electricity, casting lightning bolts from his eyes and hands.
2. As a Vampire, he has all the standard vampiric powers and vulnerabilities. He possesses the power of shape-shifting into bat, wolf, cat, owl, or vaporous forms, limited telepathy, hypnosis and mind control, and enhanced strength and cunning. In this form, he is unable to endure touch of sunlight, silver, or religious medallions, and can be dispatched with a wooden stake through the heart, or an iron blade decapitating him.
3. As a Werewolf, he is immensely strong, a ferocious fighter, and invulnerable to impervious to any injury by any element except silver.
4. As a Zombie, his regeneration abilities make him perfectly unkillable.
5. As a Mummy he retains his Zombie powers, adding telekinesis. He is particularly able to animate his wrappings, and use them as tentacles.
6. As a Ghoul he has powers of levitation and intangibility.
7. As a Creature he is amphibious, and has great strength and powerful swimming abilities. Also green scales.
8. As a Grotesque in this hunchbacked, misshapen form, he has enhanced intelligence and skill, particularly regarding engineering and technology. (Think Igor)

Paramount™s mission is to bring peace to the eight realms of Transilvane.

However, sometimes peace must be enforced by the sword. As such, he carries a broadsword of solid silver, upon which is engraved the couplet:

My good sword cleaves the casques of men; my tough lance thrusteth sure
My strength is as the strength of ten because my heart is pure.

Naturally, were he to travel to the Macro-World, he would be both frightening and formidable in any form.

Last edited by Klar Ken T5477; 02/04/13 08:05 PM.

Set #763158 02/04/13 07:09 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Cool idea Kalr Ken. i love the monster take. always thought they were misunderstood.

did this planet ever show up in the Legion or is this your own creation?

Klar Ken T5477 #763163 02/04/13 08:08 PM
K
Leader
Leader
K
It first appeared in Superman's Pal Jimmy Olsen #142 during the Kirby run

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Set #763175 02/04/13 10:53 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Sorry Klar Ken, missed that part of the first post.

but thank you for showing it again!

Last edited by Omni; 02/04/13 10:54 PM.

Set #763210 02/05/13 12:33 PM
D
Honorary
Honorary
D
i like the Paramount idea. Reminds me of an issue of Super Friends where they faced a team of heroes from another world based on monsters where the mummy had similar powers to what you refer to.
http://superfriends.wikia.com/wiki/Justice_League_of_Another_Planet

Set #763212 02/05/13 01:37 PM
Trap Timer
Online Happy
Trap Timer
^^Man, they need to reprint those Super Friends issues, pronto!

Set #763217 02/05/13 03:36 PM
S
Set Offline OP
Long live the Legion!
OP Offline
Long live the Legion!
S
In my write up of Flotsam & Jetsam (the 'Skreaks'), I mentioned their Academy mates Satori, the Tiger Girl and Energy Boy, Champion of Ventura.

This then is them;

Satori Abaddonus, 'the Tiger Girl'[/color] (just above Tellus), comes from the planet of New Azarath, settled many centuries ago by many different races from a dimension that had been conquered by Trigon the Terrible. Satori, like many of the residents of her world, has the blood of extradimensional servants of Trigon generally just called 'demons' in her veins, and only by following the philosophies and teachings of one of the six schools of New Azarath can such youth learn to control (or repress, or even exorcise) those forces within themselves. Satori chose a controversial school that instead embraces those forces, considered by many to be a curse, destructive and chaotic and evil by nature, learning instead of restraint and meditation, to 'ride the wave' and to learn to channel her violent urges and powerful passions into constructive uses, rather than spend her life fighting what she considers her true nature.

Like many such 'fiend-bloods,' Satori has learned to communicate with and draw forth her 'soul-self,' the demonic portion of her soul, and it manifests as an energy construct similar to a great crimson tiger in shape (although the size of a horse!), and is physical enough to be able to maul foes, and yet also to leap within them to possess them, filling them with uncontrollable rage and causing them to lash out at all around them, friend or foe. She can recall her soul-self at any time, and when it is within her, she can draw upon its wrath to empower herself with the strength, speed, keen senses and toughness that one would expect of the giant tiger that her soul appears to be, although she grows increasingly feral and violent, the longer she 'rides the tiger' in this fashion.

The tiger-construct is a manifestation of not just her demonic soul-self, but also the totem patron she vision-quested for during her training, a fearsome animal native to New Azarath. Many of her peers seek only peaceful totems, rejecting and rejecting again the grim and predatory spiritual nature of their demon-tainted souls, until they have beaten down the demon within themselves so much that it can only manifest as a butterfly or a turtle. Not so Satori. She accepted the terrifying predator that appeared before her in the spirit-jungles of her inner self, choosing to embrace and master it, rather than attempt to change it into something more 'acceptable' to others.

Even when her soul-self is 'out,' Satori is a brutally efficient fighter, preferring a loose-limbed acrobatic style that keeps her constantly in motion, taking advantage of the greater-than-human stamina her hot-blooded native species enjoys to tire out her foes with a blur of kinetic activity. Her species, red-skinned but otherwise humanoid, has a higher than average body temperature and a fast metabolism, requiring her to eat prodigious quantities of foods, and, somewhat paradoxically, to dress either warmly, when she's not in motion, or strip off layers to avoid overheating, when she's in action. She finds transsuit technology, with its adaptable environmental controls, a blessing, allowing her to wear whatever she wants, and not slip into torpor from heat loss, or collapse from overheating.

Sharles Gluck of Ventura was a celebrity back home, as [color:#3366FF]Energy Boy ™ , with his own management and marketing team, all coordinated by his opportunistic parents. They tried and tried to cover up his occasional lapses, both in the field of crime-fighting / super-heroing, and in the media, with various deliciously scandalous indiscretions, but it almost seemed like he was *trying* to sabotage their efforts! Finally, at wits end, they agreed (not just with Sharles, but with frustrated and increasingly hostile Venturan officials) that it 'might be best' for him to take a year off and go to the Legion Academy to 'learn from the best.'

Which was pretty much exactly what he'd been hoping for when he 'screwed up' and threw some fights and arranged for the press to catch him in flagrante with a half dozen other people.

So now he's at the Academy, away from his micro-managing parents and PR teams and makeup people and government liaison, utterly enjoying his 'disgraceful exile' and surprising his teachers and fellow students with how seriously he is taking his training, making them wonder how he earned his 'party boy screwup' reputation. Sharles just smiles, not caring about his 'bad reputation,' although he is prepared to get some scandalous press, if his parents ever think that he's 'learned his lesson' and try to drag him back to Ventura!

His powers manifested at an early age, after a massive energy surge nearly killed him. He spent months in a coma, while scientists worked to drain away the energy that seemed to be constantly leaking from him, and yet inexplicably not killing him. When he finally awoke, he seemed normal, for a time, but occasionally would produce a small sphere of nucleonic force, which would quickly fade away. Researchers determined that the energy remained within him, and he would have to periodically release excess energy in this way from time to time, to bleed off any excess buildup.

As he grew, the energy discharges would happen more frequently, and the spheres of energy grew larger, from the size of a marble to several meters across, large enough to encompass several people. Generally, the smaller the globe, the more durable it was, and he learned to manipulate his 'nuclo-globe' mentally, causing one to fly around, possibly even at great speed. Once he learned that he could bond himself to one magnetically, and then cause it to levitate and carry him aloft, he spent hours out of his frantic parent's reach, exploring his new freedom, and he has developed his skill over the years to allow him to surround himself in a nuclo-globe that will carry him aloft, while protecting him from attacks. He can launch smaller nuclo-globes to strike with devastating force, or create larger globes around foes, to attempt to restrain them (although his larger globes are not as tough, and stronger than average foes might be able to break their way free!).

Combining offense, defense, mobility and other utility functions (able to 'englobe' and move things around, sustain a life-support aura around himself, or even just function as a floating light and heat source), Energy Boy's powers show great promise.

Last edited by Set; 02/07/21 12:11 PM.

Set #763219 02/05/13 05:14 PM
D
Honorary
Honorary
D
Not much info was ever given on "Tiger Girl" even after she joined the UP Militia Academy in the 5 year gap Legion. Her powers reminded me of Tigorr of the Omega Men i always thought she was from their Species possibly even a descendant of Tigorr sharing his regressor ability.

Dartalon #763255 02/06/13 04:34 AM
S
Set Offline OP
Long live the Legion!
OP Offline
Long live the Legion!
S
Originally Posted by Dartalon
Not much info was ever given on "Tiger Girl" even after she joined the UP Militia Academy in the 5 year gap Legion.

IIRC, Steve Lightle suggested that she have superhuman agility or something, making her a bit too much like Timber Wolf to be a viable candidate.

Some later version, again, IIRC, showed her shapeshifting into a big red tiger.

I kind of ignored both of those ideas, and went with a 31st century anti-Raven.

Her powers reminded me of Tigorr of the Omega Men i always thought she was from their Species possibly even a descendant of Tigorr sharing his regressor ability.

That would be a neat idea. Not much has been done with the 31st century remnants of the varius Vegan races (although Fabian suggested that a rogue Psion helped Alastor develop his meta-plague).

Of the various iterations of Omega Men, my favorite was the little Roguian (sp?) in the force field, Elu.

Set #763263 02/06/13 09:23 AM
K
Leader
Leader
K
Arthur Dent is a native of an Earth in an alternate dimension which was destroyed in 1978 to make way for a hyperspace bypass. Although well past middle age, and with a teen-aged daughter of his own, he has somehow been youthened to age fourteen, and has found himself on 31st-century Earth-Prime.

Due to proximity to an infinite improbability generator, these sorts of things happen to Arthur all the time.

For instance, although his real name is plain Arthur Dent, due to a one-time misunderstanding with Slartibartfast, he is known everywhere in the multiverse as "Dent Arthur Dent".

Simultaneous with his appearance on Earth-Prime, he accidentally released Bizarro Superboy-Prime from the Phantom Zone.

The Legion gave him membership merely to keep an eye on him.

Known as “Arthur Improbable” to the team, his primary battle technique is to run away from trouble—which invariably leads to the ultimate success of the rest of the Legion against its foes, and somehow more trouble for Arthur.

Set #763380 02/07/13 07:21 PM
R
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
R
Tiger Girl is awesome! I have been trying to think of something to do with her that doesn't fall back on the standard animalistic agility/claws package....I love the soulself idea!

Omni, sorry...thought I already replied but I forgot to post it! Stormchild = Thor....I am really tempted to follow up on where Klar Ken T5477 went and do analogues for all the Avengers now! smile

razsolo #763401 02/08/13 06:51 AM
S
Set Offline OP
Long live the Legion!
OP Offline
Long live the Legion!
S
I am really tempted to follow up on where Klar Ken T5477 went and do analogues for all the Avengers now! smile

An Orandan Black Knight, a Competalian Crystal and a New God Sersi? That sort of thing could be funky!

Tiger Girl is awesome! I have been trying to think of something to do with her that doesn't fall back on the standard animalistic agility/claws package....I love the soulself idea!

Thanks! As you said, I wanted to get away from the agility / claws / turns into a big cat idea.

Page 12 of 20 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 19 20

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,021
Posts1,045,208
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Color Kid
Color Kid
Largo, Florida..originally from Champaign, Illinois