Roll Call
0 members (), 44 Murran Spies, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Legion of Super-Heroes #7 (2020) - Preview and Spoilers
by Ann Hebistand - 04/27/24 10:06 AM
The 2nd All Avengers Thread
by Ann Hebistand - 04/27/24 10:04 AM
So, what are you listening to?
by Ann Hebistand - 04/27/24 06:34 AM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Ann Hebistand - 04/27/24 06:32 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/27/24 02:11 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/26/24 06:56 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/26/24 06:55 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 15 of 23 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 22 23
Re: Marvel's X-verse
#507451 09/16/12 02:48 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I like them too ... ( Prodigy and Anole especially )

I think I only read # 1 of the Pixie Strikes Back mini ...

I liked her stories in the x books though, she got a lot more attention than the rest of those kids.

But the latest batch are more my cup of tea and they are a smaller group basically running all over Wolvie and the X-Men ... and even the other books when (and getting loads of attention and story) ... the last batch have kind of disappeared.

#507452 09/16/12 11:17 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Hmm, I haven't read that many comics but I prefer the young X-Men generation (Surge, Anole etc. and so on up to Graymalkin and Cipher) over the Hope generation. Except Hellion, they can write him off into limbo and I wouldn't mind tongue

I wish all the X-Books would do something like Wolvie and the X-Men, and just keep their lineups stable but rotational. I say have a moratorium on introducing new characters, since we already have so many right now.

Split all the existing characters among the current books, maybe 10-12 per book, and rotate the 10-12 in each book for a bit. At least until things settle down. I mean, lately the X-Men (and Avengers, kinda) have been going through so many upheavals. It seems like just as things start to settle down and they begin to deal with the consequences of the LAST big event, we're hit with yet another big event. I haven't even absorbed the last four crossovers yet yeesh!

#507453 09/17/12 02:10 AM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
Originally posted by Invisible Brainiac:
Hmm, I haven't read that many comics but I prefer the young X-Men generation (Surge, Anole etc. and so on up to Graymalkin and Cipher) over the Hope generation. Except Hellion, they can write him off into limbo and I wouldn't mind tongue
Ha, Hellion is one of my favorites! Him, Dust, X-23 (who I went in expecting to loath!) and some of the less-used characters like Elixir and Anole.

I was never that fond of Surge or Rockslide or Mercury, but not every character was written for me, obviously. smile

I do wish that Wind Dancer had made it through the Decimation and been a New X-Man, 'though.

Wrapped Around Your Finger now complete in BITS!
#507454 09/17/12 05:21 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Hellion is also one of my favorites ... I wish he had arms though, seems too contrived that the TK kid loses his arms ...

Originally posted by Invisible Brainiac:
I mean, lately the X-Men (and Avengers, kinda) have been going through so many upheavals. It seems like just as things start to settle down and they begin to deal with the consequences of the LAST big event, we're hit with yet another big event. I haven't even absorbed the last four crossovers yet yeesh!
Agreed, the big *events* have thrown me off the boat. Especially since they are glossed over so quickly, like the Siege where everyone was at each other's throats ... has totally been swept under the rug ... as will Avengers vs. X-Men ... judging by the new line ups. Its maddening.

#507455 09/27/12 09:58 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
Man, I was hoping the return of the Hellions would be a great multi-parter for this title... and how disappointed I've been in it. This was a perfect 'loose end' for the team to clear up in the regular X-verse-- one that would've drawn lots of old fans.

Instead, it all took place in some other timeline. Yawn. I'm sick of X-alternative timelines.

And the art sucked.

DNA have really disappointed me here, though I'm sensing heavy editorial influence, as per usual in many non-Marvel architect X-books.

#507456 09/28/12 03:17 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Originally posted by Set:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Invisible Brainiac:
Ha, Hellion is one of my favorites! Him, Dust, X-23 (who I went in expecting to loath!) and some of the less-used characters like Elixir and Anole.

I was never that fond of Surge or Rockslide or Mercury, but not every character was written for me, obviously. smile

I do wish that Wind Dancer had made it through the Decimation and been a New X-Man, 'though.
We agree on Anole, X-23, Dust and Wind-Dancer, definitely tongue

#507457 09/29/12 10:47 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Wolverine and the X-Men #17 gets my highest recommendation!

http://www.avclub.com/articles/jason-aaron-and-michael-allred-embrace-the-weird-w,85809/

#507458 10/13/12 06:23 AM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Re: the Allred Doop issue.

'Effin Brilliant. From start to finish. That Marvel would publish this in one of their best selling titles says a lot.

One could only hope it's a recurring thing.

#507459 10/21/12 07:01 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
It was fantastic ... the perfect artist for this book.

Sadly, Other than Wolverine and the X-Men ... I am dropping all X and Avengers books.

Even Wolverine and the X-Men looks like it is going to have to have regular tie ins with the Marvel U events ... their preludes and aftermaths.

To no fault of its own, Wolverine and the X-Men has become a home run or strike out book (IMO). Some issues are especially good, like the first 8 or 10 ... before it got sucked into the regular Marvel events ... and some are really bad ... like the one where Phoenix Colossus forces Kitty to go on a date with him. Effectively ruining their relationship.

#507460 11/25/12 04:26 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Wolverine and the X-Men #21

The circus comes to town. and this continues to actually be a book about the kids.

for me, the pacing of this title has suffered possibly because of the intermediary cross over issues ... but its issue 21 and we are still on the Hellfire tots. hmmm

Also, this issue is a homage to earlier classic uncanny x-men stories. the captive or circus x-men stories were never my favorites.

The second issue of this story line should be better as the action picks up.

I think this book better get an injection of something soon!

SupermanX SupermanX SupermanX

#507461 12/26/12 11:33 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Hi guys.

Does anyone have any good scans of Mondo from Generation X? Hopefully from between issues #10 to 25?

Mystery Lad #762538 01/27/13 03:14 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Wolverine and the X-Men

Not quite worth a review, I got it despite the fill in art because last time there was a fill in, I missed a bunch of stuff.

This was an attempt at a date issue with characterization throughout, the only one of which I thought was cute/real/novel was the Quentin Quire and young Jean Grey scene.

SupermanX SupermanX

Mystery Lad #763296 02/06/13 04:59 PM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
Anyone else following the (official) Wolverine and the X-Men Twitter accounts? I made a list of all the ones I've found here

Some quotes:
Doctor Henry McCoy @HenryMcCoyPhD
Students, if you have a conference scheduled with me, that means the BLUE me. Going bowling with my teenage self does not count.

Kitty Pryde @JGSHeadmistress
I hear thunder in the west wing of the school today. Sounds like ethics class isn't going so well for @OroroJGS.

Ororo Munroe @OroroJGS
@JGSHeadmistress Some days I think it would be easier to teach the Bamfs.

Quentin Quire @QQuire
@OroroJGS @JGSHeadmistress Most days I think we'd be better off with the Bamfs as teachers.

Ororo Munroe @OroroJGS
@QQuire Then I assume you won't mind cleaning their excrement off the ceiling of the 3rd floor restroom. See @JanitorToad for detention.

Jean Grey School @JeanGreySchool
Thank you for another great day of learning, students. Or well, thanks to most of you, at least. For the rest of you, your detention will be with Toad, helping him clean the grease trap. Wear clothes you won’t mind having to burn later.

Iara Dos Santos @IaraSurfs
My headmistress has a mohawk. That's kinda cool.

Quentin Quire @QQuire
My headmistress has a mohawk. Apparently the original X-Men aren't the only ones who are lost in time. One more reason you should not vote for me: I will institute mandatory service in a New Wave cover band, Mohawk Storm & the Morlocks.

My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War .
Mystery Lad #763297 02/06/13 05:23 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
These are great! I'm going to start following ASAP!

Mystery Lad #763313 02/06/13 11:11 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
I am putting this in spoiler tabs because it is recent:
Why did Bendis decide to split up Scott and Emma? This relationship has been developing for years and it feels strange that it is ending now. I have nothing against Jean, but Emma is more interesting. I wonder if there is a future for Emma, I hope this isn't like Henry VIII and Anne Boleyn.

Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb
Mystery Lad #763443 02/08/13 05:11 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
So, I've read All-New X-Men #1 & 2. Nothing short of fantastic. Best Bendis in a good whole (since Daredevil and Alias). Immonen has only gotten better with age.

Can't wait to read the next four!

As Lash said, it definitely has a Claremont-at-his-best vibe in balancing the tragedy with hope & humor. I also like all the nuance, like the New Mutant discovered in the opening pages of #1 being dressed in Dark Phoenix colors with the Jean Grey sash, providing a little cue to older Cyclops motivations.

Between this and W&tXM, the X-books seem to be in the midst of a new great era! Just as the Avengers and most the solo Marvel series are too. Pretty impressive, Marvel.

Emily Sivana #763561 02/10/13 04:26 PM
J
Substitute
Substitute
J
Originally Posted by Emily Sivana
I am putting this in spoiler tabs because it is recent:
Why did Bendis decide to split up Scott and Emma? This relationship has been developing for years and it feels strange that it is ending now. I have nothing against Jean, but Emma is more interesting. I wonder if there is a future for Emma, I hope this isn't like Henry VIII and Anne Boleyn.

It should be remembered that Scott did stab her in the back in AVX, taking the rest of the Phoenix Force for himself and going bananas afterwards. Combine that with the fact that their going with Scott's plan in the first place ended up at the expense of losing her telepathy, then I think it makes perfect sense that she's presently pissed off at Scott.

As for where she's going--the solicits for Uncanny mentions that there's going to be a traitor in the team, and in a recent issue of All-New X-Men, one of the mind-bubbles that we see when Jean's trying to center herself is "Can you hear me, Miss Frost?"

Mystery Lad #763569 02/10/13 10:10 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Not very familiar with Brian Wood's work, but Coipel's the artist and an all-female cast = major thumbs up for me.

Bringing back Jubilee is a major plus, as is using characters with a history of working together.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/01/14/marvel-debuts-all-female-x-men

Last edited by Invisible Brainiac; 02/10/13 10:11 PM.
Mystery Lad #769427 04/26/13 09:11 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
My attempt at naming some of those distinguishable background characters from New X-Men.

http://bringbacklianharper.tumblr.com/post/48940318458/new-x-men-unnamed-xavier-institute-students

Mystery Lad #769523 04/28/13 08:00 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I dropped Wolvie and the X-Men ... despite its incredibly strong start.

Uncanny X-Men is now the same premise but has better art. once the art goes I will drop it, this month's was Frazier Irving.

can't argue with that.

Uncanny Avengers is still pretty good, Acuna on art this month. I like the plot, but some of the dialogue .. like all of it ... comes off too punchy as if the characters are charicatures of themselves ... and are fighting with each other just to invent a tension.

While the set up is great, its hard to believe what comes out their mouths ... when did everyone get so bitchy.

and the Wasp hitting on Alex? It has been a cold minute

Scarlet Witch drafts Wonder Man, who is now a pacifist, but when he puts the moves on her she says ... sorry love you like a brother. TALK ABOUT MIXED SIGNALS! she is a psycho.

still by far the best team book I am reading. (of the big two at least) most likely soon to be the only team book i am reading from the big two. Uncanny X-Men dosn't seem like it will last long with me.

Mystery Lad #769583 04/28/13 11:31 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Does anyone have any thoughts about Annie Ghazikhanian from Chuck Austen's run?

Mystery Lad #769590 04/29/13 05:56 AM
Pov Offline
Don't Stop Peelieving
Don't Stop Peelieving
People READ Chuck Austen's run?

"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me
Pov #769593 04/29/13 07:05 AM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook

My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War .
Mystery Lad #769605 04/29/13 01:03 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I don't know, it's just, I've been thinking about that character a lot. I get that she was a horrible example of authors using characters as avatars for themselves, in that Austen based her off his wife so by association he's Havok, bur I'm not sure what it is.

I've been gravitating towards some of the crappier Marvel decisions a lot lately, like that 90s armor Captain America had, Wasp's mutated form with the antennae and orange skin, and that Spidercide character.

I had an idea involving an Xavier Institute training squad made up of all these kids who were featured in a single issue of X-Men Unlimited. They were kids Beast tried to help when he was interim guidance counselor but a lot of them were annoying and whiny, so it just seemed natural to have a character who was universally loathed by the instructor.

I had another idea involving a new character who suddenly finds herself roped into the games a villain has been planning with a bunch of kidnapped villains, heroes, and supporting characters. The thing is they're all characters the fans can't stand, and when asked what the logic behind this is, the villain reasoned they were people the heroes were glad to see gone so they wouldn't have cared either way.

Mystery Lad #774969 06/11/13 08:15 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
So did you guys check out the all femme X-Men #1? Incredible writing and delicious Copiel art? Each character shining in her own way?

How awesome was THAT? I can't believe there's now FIVE!!!!! awesome X-titles!

Page 15 of 23 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 22 23

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,019
Posts1,044,964
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Color Kid
Color Kid
Largo, Florida..originally from Champaign, Illinois
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star