Roll Call
0 members (), 43 Murran Spies, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/16/24 05:48 AM
Kill This Thread LIII - There's a Joker in Here!
by Ann Hebistand - 05/16/24 05:11 AM
Happy birthday, stile86!
by Ann Hebistand - 05/16/24 05:09 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/16/24 12:25 AM
Legion Trivia 6
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/15/24 11:27 PM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/15/24 11:26 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/15/24 11:26 PM
Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
by Sarcasm Kid - 05/15/24 10:20 PM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 33 of 39 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 38 39
Re: THE WALKING DEAD tv show
MLLASH #765459 03/11/13 04:27 PM
MLLASH Offline OP
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Yep, This episode was such obvious filler, like the occasional issue of the comic is. It didn't bug me too badly because I enjoyed the non-Rick/Governor scenes.

I'm ready for the carnage to begin. If these stupid idiots can't live in peace in the midst of the end of the effing world, then let the bullets fly and let the bodies hit the floor. My current theory is Andrea will redeem herself to fans and then be killed off. I do NOT expect the full-on slaughter of the prison cast we got in the comic.

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
MLLASH #765460 03/11/13 04:49 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Lash is violent ...

MLLASH #765463 03/11/13 05:20 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
ok, I am watching this hated episode now.

MLLASH #765464 03/11/13 05:30 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
I didn't hate it but felt it could've been a lot better. It's not that I expect total mayhem every episode, but this didn't live up to the build-up of Rick and Da Guvna's first face-to-face. I think it could've been more heated, or, at least, the dialogue could've been more engaging.

I disagree with Cobester about it being the "most dissapointing" (his spelling laugh ) of the series to date, too. It was a much better "filler" ep than most of those Sophia-searching/ultra-slowburn eps from the first half of last season.

Still "Lardy" to my friends!
MLLASH #765468 03/11/13 06:19 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
that was pretty boring but ... the real thing is, the conversation never hit any of the right notes really. And then Rick and the governor just go and do whatever they want anyway ... and their is no conflict or struggle inside or between the characters ... besides a talking episode needs something else exciting to cut away to every once in a while. Walking Dead succeeds on tv as an action show ... it needs a little action.

this was one of the few episodes that only had one thing going on. unless you count waiting as the other thing going on. no twists or snakes in the grass. its almost like it was made from the cuttings of other episodes. I think the episode was also a bit out of place and could have come earlier in the season before we know whos team we are on and how things are going to go.

the most exciting thing was my suspicion that Daryl and that cute guy with the big arms were flirting ... and then he starts talking about his dead wife and kids. I guess they werent flirting.

I can see what theyre trying to do ... the lets get our groups to know each other and show good sides of both crews so when they all die the audience feels bad either way ... and the tribes are inevitably folded into each other ... but the story just wasnt there. the characters didnt have enough similarities to relate to each other and there wasnt a lot of impetus for them too. maybe this episode could have come mid war after both tribes suffered a bit more and both sides had a real motivation to settle?

next episode looks ok if predictable that andrea is going to be redeemed by getting tyrese and crew as reinforcements for rick. but she is so unlikeable i think in real life tyrese would be like ... whatever lady. but it also looks predictable and like filler.

we know theres gonna be a throwdown so lets get to it. and we know ricks team is a bunch of ass kickers so ... im not really scared for them.

if someone would just shoot someone ... this would all be over.

Andrea. Rick. hint. hint.

also, merle has emotional issues. they need to let that one go. hes like a cross between a baby and a rabid dog.

MLLASH #765470 03/11/13 06:25 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
One of the groups should've attacked one of the other groups while they were chatting.

MLLASH #765491 03/11/13 07:46 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
I didn't get the Merle/Micchone bit. It looked like they were setting it up so the two of them would screw everything up by attempting (and failing) to take out the Governor, especially after Rick just stood up for her, but then it went nowhere. It really served no purpose.

MLLASH #765960 03/17/13 06:35 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I don't feel so well. I think I am hungry.

[Linked Image]

MLLASH #765961 03/17/13 06:36 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
best Buds ... V

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

and ....

[Linked Image]

laugh

Last edited by Power Boy; 03/17/13 06:37 PM.
MLLASH #765998 03/18/13 01:52 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Another Andrea-centric episode, and it looks like Andrea's going down the path Micchone did in the comics. Not happy that they are even teasing the sexual violence stuff. Maggie was more than enough, I don't see the need to drag another character, even one as hated as Andrea, through that mess. I'll reserve judgement until I see how this plays out, but I'm not very comfortable right now.

MLLASH #765999 03/18/13 01:56 PM
MLLASH Offline OP
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
This felt like another filler episode. I did actually enjoy the Tyreese/Sasha scenes. I am worried that Sasha will be killed off by the Governor or his men to get Tyreese fully onboard with Team Rick. I kinda feel like Tyreese's intro has been mishandled by the TV show.

As unpleasant as the Andrea character has been for most of this series, I do think she really tried to bring a peaceful solution to the 2 tribes, and I hated seeing her end up in that torture chair. I was kinda hoping they were going to bypass that part of the Governor's story but it looks like it will go forward.

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
MLLASH #766003 03/18/13 03:08 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I am not done with the episode but ... I hate the governor ... hate .. not because he is an evil psychopath but because he is so frickin stubborn. what the hell is wrong with him ... does he really need to be so tenacious ... he is so frustrating.

not the usual reaction i have to psychopaths.

why the hell is he gonna go after Andrea, after taking her gun, he's honking his horn and all this crap as he drives after her ... let it go! rick knows you're gonna attack ... dont he think he's got better things to do on the eve of war ... (if the war ever does come)

Originally Posted by MLLASH
This felt like another filler episode. I did actually enjoy the Tyreese/Sasha scenes. I am worried that Sasha will be killed off by the Governor or his men to get Tyreese fully onboard with Team Rick. I kinda feel like Tyreese's intro has been mishandled by the TV show.

Yeah they have fumbled the pacing seriously .... they blew the war wad way to quick when they could've spent more time on Tyrese's crew and developing them into Rick's crew ... instead of an all Andrea episode which consists of her running in a field ... and not even her own back story.

I wonder if the governor will win, and torture them all for a season?

and then the season after that they can have Negan show up and do the same thing. laugh heh heh.

I think this show needs a few Lost style flashbacks to show how different these people are from how they used to be before the zombie apocalypse. I think it would be able to use that to handle the character development we saw in the comics.

Last edited by Power Boy; 03/18/13 03:11 PM.
MLLASH #766010 03/18/13 05:33 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
She shoulda stabbed his other eye out with her knife. hahaha! That would be funny.

MLLASH #766011 03/18/13 05:52 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Only two episodes left this season .. and the next one looks like a talker too.

MLLASH #766022 03/18/13 09:35 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
I thought this was actually a pretty good episode. It had that old-fashioned appeal of Last Girl vs. Deranged Psycho that all of the classic slasher films come down to. I was feeling Andrea's triumph until the Psycho pulls the rug from underneath her at the last moment. There was some good stuff with Milton and Tyreese and co.

I do hope we don't see Andrea graphically tortured and abused. It's not looking good, though.

MLLASH #766074 03/19/13 02:45 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I thought the last 15 minutes was pretty good.

MLLASH #766424 03/24/13 09:20 AM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
I thought both the beginning and ending were pretty good.

I appreciated what they were trying to do with the "last girl" horror movie homage in the center, but, unfortunately, it seemed to me to inherit the cheesiness of most of those sort of films more than anything else. The Governor chasing her through the field in his SUV or pickup or whatever was pretty ridiculous. As was the bizarre whistling thing...

MLLASH #766469 03/25/13 07:58 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
What I initially thought was going to be a rotten episode turned out to be pretty cool. I've hated and distrusted Merle and was disappointed in what I saw as attempts to whitewash him in the group integration earlier this season (no pun intended). But this episode did a good job of redeeming him without sweeping all his heinous actions under the rug, making him into a complex character. Norman Reddus continues to shine as Darryl, and that's saying something for me as I normally hate "bad boy goes good" characters (Sawyer, Spike, etc.) He just sells it so well. That last scene was fantastic.

MLLASH #766473 03/25/13 10:25 AM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
Yep! VERY good ep! Written by Sott Gimple, who also wrote "Clear" and some of the other better episodes. (He also wrote the Sophia-out-of-the-barn episode!) Also, he's the new showrunner for season four! The show's future looks to be in good hands!

MLLASH #766475 03/25/13 11:08 AM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Agreed, very good episode. This season has been very up and down, and I'm glad it looks like its going to end on a high note, and remain in the capable hands of Mr. Gimple.

Merle's storyarc played out perfectly, and his end was fitting and meaningful without feeling contrived at all. Michael Rooker was great throughout.

Norman Reedus also did a great job.

I was starting to doubt that Walking Dead could really be considered a upper echelon show this season. It certainly isn't as good as Breaking Bad or Deadwood or the Shield. But this episode was a return to form and I hope that carries into the finale.

MLLASH #766480 03/25/13 02:56 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
One thing I really noticed last night is how seamless the makeup and FX are now, compared to even the first season. It's so common place to see a mess-up walker or gruesome dispatch of the same that you don't even stop to think anymore, "Man, that was a great effect". It's just so immersive it doesn't call attention to itself, and that's pretty cool.

Cobalt Kid #766486 03/25/13 08:38 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
Originally Posted by Cobalt Kid

I was starting to doubt that Walking Dead could really be considered a upper echelon show this season. It certainly isn't as good as Breaking Bad or Deadwood or the Shield. But this episode was a return to form and I hope that carries into the finale.

I'd counter that this season the show has been better than ever. Maybe it's harder to remember because the last coupla episodes had been somewhat substandard, but overall the season is a BIG improvement over the prior seasons, especially the first half of season two. This is even considering the unpopular "Rick go cray-cray" subplot, imo.

Of course, I'd also say TWD is probably one of the harder series to make "good" considering the new ground it is breaking. Never has a continuing TV horror series ever been attempted on this scale. There's gonna be more trial and error with the kind of expectations the producers have to live up to versus any other formula that's been done before with varying degrees of success.

That the show is getting better and delivering more often than not is laudable.

MLLASH #766506 03/26/13 01:04 AM
Space Fatigue Survivor
Space Fatigue Survivor
Last episode was pretty cool. I find it somewhat annoying that when we finally get to know some of these characters (like Merle) they always seem to buy the farm, but I guess that is the general game plan in this series.

I'm expecting a big purge in the season ending episode, which I don't especially want to see, but it seems necessary to remind all of us how bad the apocalypse is. Aside from Merle, I predict (thru nothing other than a gut feeling) that we'll lose another four characters: Carol, Herschel, Beth and Judith. I really like Carol, and I was hoping to see a young romance between Beth and Carl, but I think they are all gonna go. Can't figure out what the plans are for Sonya and Tyreese - maybe one or both will join the group?

Celebrating 10+ years of Legion Worldness
MLLASH #766510 03/26/13 02:52 AM
MLLASH Offline OP
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Carol, Herschel, Beth and Judith do seem like the most obvious candidates to exit, although I kinda hope we do NOT see a slaughterfest and maybe at least 1 of those 4 makes it out alive. I'm thinking Sasha may be a goner too, in such a way as to get Tyreese to join the prison gang.

And what of Andrea strapped to that chair? I *really* hope there isn't another cliffhanger ending this season with her separated from the group. Either kill her off or get her back with the Grimes gang.

Lard Lad #766526 03/26/13 09:30 AM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
Originally Posted by Paladin

I'd counter that this season the show has been better than ever. Maybe it's harder to remember because the last coupla episodes had been somewhat substandard, but overall the season is a BIG improvement over the prior seasons, especially the first half of season two. This is even considering the unpopular "Rick go cray-cray" subplot, imo.

Hmm... I'd say the first half of the season was really strong, though the second half has been incredibly hit or miss, with slightly more miss than hit.

Page 33 of 39 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 38 39

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,022
Posts1,045,371
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
jab, stile86
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Suddenly Seymour
Suddenly Seymour
Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star