Roll Call
1 members (Eryk Davis Ester, Eryk Davis Ester, Eryk Davis Ester, Eryk Davis Ester), 50 Murran Spies, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/16/24 05:48 AM
Kill This Thread LIII - There's a Joker in Here!
by Ann Hebistand - 05/16/24 05:11 AM
Happy birthday, stile86!
by Ann Hebistand - 05/16/24 05:09 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/16/24 12:25 AM
Legion Trivia 6
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/15/24 11:27 PM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/15/24 11:26 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/15/24 11:26 PM
Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
by Sarcasm Kid - 05/15/24 10:20 PM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 34 of 39 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 38 39
Re: THE WALKING DEAD tv show
Kid Quislet #766528 03/26/13 09:57 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Originally Posted by Kid Quislet
Aside from Merle, I predict (thru nothing other than a gut feeling) that we'll lose another four characters: Carol, Herschel, Beth and Judith.

I'd think those would be the easy choices, though I agree that Judith and Hershel seem like no-brainers. I keep thinking that either Maggie or Glenn aren't making it out of next week. Carol would be odd, since they teased us once with her death already. Would they dare to take out Rick?

Eryk Davis Ester #766532 03/26/13 11:04 AM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Originally Posted by Eryk Davis Ester
Originally Posted by Paladin

I'd counter that this season the show has been better than ever. Maybe it's harder to remember because the last coupla episodes had been somewhat substandard, but overall the season is a BIG improvement over the prior seasons, especially the first half of season two. This is even considering the unpopular "Rick go cray-cray" subplot, imo.

Hmm... I'd say the first half of the season was really strong, though the second half has been incredibly hit or miss, with slightly more miss than hit.
I agree with that assessment. I also agree with one of the points Lardy made about breaking new ground as a horror series.

My wife and I watch a LOT of high class television shows (in DVD format, not while they air)--these are the ones found on HBO, Showtime, AMC, FX, BBC, etc. There is a ton of great TV out there nowadays, better than ever before. (There's also a ton of shit television, usually produced by the four networks).

I can't help but compare the The Walking Dead to shows that also broke ground and had a lot to overcome, like Breaking Bad or Rome or Game of Thrones. In a lot of ways, it has proven it belongs in the same conversation. It just isn't one of the "best of the best" yet. And since I"ve been a fan of the comic for so long--and am proud of its comic roots--I'm just anxious for it to achieve that. It certainly has the ratings.

For the finale, I'm with Lash. I've already experienced the carnage of #48 and don't necesarily need to see it replicated. Carol has emerged so strongly and Beth has so much potential. Herschel will have to go eventually but losing that actor will hurt.

I do think Daryl will eventually be killed, but not this season.

Last edited by Cobalt Kid; 03/26/13 11:05 AM.
MLLASH #766543 03/26/13 11:23 AM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
I do agree that the first half of the season was better than the second half to date. And yet, arguably the best two episodes of it (and possibly the series) have occurred in the second half. Not a bad trade-off, I think.

Still "Lardy" to my friends!
MLLASH #766544 03/26/13 11:32 AM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
I don't want to speculate too heavily on fatalities in the finale. However, I think Sunday's episode possibly telegraphed Hershel's death with him giving Glenn his blessing. We have so few cast left, it seems, that we just can't lose as many as we did in the infamous issue 48. We'll know soon enough.

I think the preview shown during Talking Dead might provide some hope for our crew, though. It showed the Governor and crew storming the prison gates with no immediate sign of Rick and company. They either decided to abandon and possibly attack Woodbury, or they've got a good plan to give the bad guys a proper welcome. (I think it's the latter.)

Also, I find it hard to believe that everything will be resolved in one hour. We may be looking at a six month cliffhanger, guys....

MLLASH #766913 04/01/13 04:08 AM
MLLASH Offline OP
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
*yawn* Huh? Whaddaya mean "IT'S OVER"?!? Where's the mass Grimes Gang deaths? Where was Beth singing?!?!?

Yeah, last night was anticlimactic but I am absolutely thrilled that Herschel, Carol and the rest are still alive.

My favorite single scene was Carl killing the cute little Woodbury boy... I *love* how the Woodbury boy played that "handing the gun over" business jusssssst slightly sketchy enough to excuse Carl shooting him. When Carl tells you DROP IT, you better DROP IT.

Saddest part of the episode was the fact that I didn't really give a crap about Andrea's fate. What a waste of what could have been a compelling character. Botched from the Season 1 finale onward.

Most annoying part of the episode: Ghost Lori. Yeesh. Let's put a fork in that silliness, please.

I am totes cool with next season being off-book, because the storylines that have followed the Prison arc in the comic (Rick & Carl on their own, NO ONE IS SAFE, THE COMMUNITY, current storylines) are just not as interesting.

Last edited by MLLASH; 04/01/13 04:13 AM.

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
MLLASH #766916 04/01/13 06:58 AM
Pov Offline
Don't Stop Peelieving
Don't Stop Peelieving
Originally Posted by MLLASH
*yawn* Huh? Whaddaya mean "IT'S OVER"?!? Where's the mass Grimes Gang deaths? Where was Beth singing?!?!?

Yeah, last night was anticlimactic but I am absolutely thrilled that Herschel, Carol and the rest are still alive.

My favorite single scene was Carl killing the cute little Woodbury boy... I *love* how the Woodbury boy played that "handing the gun over" business jusssssst slightly sketchy enough to excuse Carl shooting him. When Carl tells you DROP IT, you better DROP IT.

Saddest part of the episode was the fact that I didn't really give a crap about Andrea's fate. What a waste of what could have been a compelling character. Botched from the Season 1 finale onward.

Most annoying part of the episode: Ghost Lori. Yeesh. Let's put a fork in that silliness, please.

I am totes cool with next season being off-book, because the storylines that have followed the Prison arc in the comic (Rick & Carl on their own, NO ONE IS SAFE, THE COMMUNITY, current storylines) are just not as interesting.

^Agreed, Lash. I posted pretty much the same on FB last night. But I thought they actually finished the Lori's Ghost thing... he did see her once, but later went to look for her in the same spot; she was gone and we cut to the makeshift cross in the field. Here's hoping.

"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me
MLLASH #766917 04/01/13 07:06 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
A bit of a mixed bag ending. Spoilers ahead:

I thought the Governor snapping, mowing down the Woodbury army and making a run for it was a lame, lame cop-out that left the writers off the hook in having to resolve the conflict. What a disappointing way to end it after trying to build to something this whole half season.

I did like the fact that Carl's losing any humanity he has, which is moving Rick back towards his. This should be an interesting development as they butt heads. He's become a mini-Shane.

I didn't mind the ghost Lori bit as it served a purpose this time. After Rick finally does something compassionate and humane, she stops haunting him/ he stops imagining her.

Tyrese looks like he'll be a good "Voice of Reason" character. Though I'm curious as to what the dynamics at the prison will be like. And why move everyone to the prison and not take over Woodbury? Is it a manpower/defense issue? Because the prison's lost it's two watchtowers, and how many times are peopel going to plow through that gate before you can't repair it anymore?

MLLASH #767042 04/02/13 02:01 PM
Space Fatigue Survivor
Space Fatigue Survivor
I thought the season ending was not a bad one at all. The shocking knock off of characters has become less of an impact than it has been in the past. Maybe I'm getting jaded, but I was glad to see only Andrea was a main character victim. She had actually gone pretty far and it would have been difficult to progress her character much further anyway. The Governor still lurking outside somewhere leaves the aspect of that anxiety for all next season and maybe beyond. I was surprised that with the addition of the many Woodbury residents that more Grimes Gang members were not removed. The coming season looks like it may be more upbeat with the larger community actually able to achieve some positive things towards more civilized living (at least for a while). Looking for a romance between Carol and Daryl, Carl and Beth (young love!) and maybe Rick and the lady who survived the Governor's temper fit on the highway.

Celebrating 10+ years of Legion Worldness
MLLASH #767074 04/02/13 06:08 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I love Carl. He makes sense to me.

If he hadn't shot that kid that kid could have easily overpowered them once Carl let his guard down and had his way with them.

It is the Walking Dead, most people are psychopaths! even the *good guys* are two cans of crazy! smile

It's alright for Rick to be compassionate but Carl is in a much weaker position. What if that kid had friends in the woods or some of the other Woodbury people had been near or come along. Then Carl and crew would have been outpowered AND outnumbered.

That old guy should be thanking Carl.

I thought the Governor snapping was funny, and I think its funny when the poor zombies get killed so easy ... theyre starting to seem helpless to me, and kind of cute. You know the Governor is going to be back next season as a pest!

I was over the Andrea martyr death. she was dumb. "well ... you didn't save everyone and a bunch of people are gonna die .. so thanks for nothing." Should've listened to Michonne.

the series has gotten much more enjoyable to me as it has diverged from the book. Also, I like the action.

MLLASH #780404 07/18/13 10:16 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Season 4!

Kirkman has said there will be some"straight fromt he comic" moments. Which ones do you think will happen?

My top one would be...

Tyrese in the gym!

Last edited by Dev - Em; 07/18/13 10:16 PM.

Active LMB character is still Beast Boy.

MLLASH #780409 07/18/13 10:28 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
Yeah, that would be cool! I kinda hope we don't have another particular moment with that character, but I kinda think we will, somehow.

Whether or not that happens, I would think, would depend on if the Governor can find reinforcements in a very short amount of time. He basically has to rebuild from the ground up to organize another effective raid on the prison.

MLLASH #782051 08/01/13 06:08 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
I have a real difficult time following shows on a weekly basis. In the past I've made an exception for TWD, but after this last season...I dunno. It may be an On Demand / whole season at a clip viewing for me.

MLLASH #784527 08/23/13 11:37 AM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
I don't think I could ever do that with TWD. As disappointing as it can be at times, when it rocks...it ROCKS! And avoiding spoilers would be impossible!

That said, I've been watching the Season 2 Blu-Ray off and on for the past week, and it's been surprisingly awesome, even those episodes before the barn was opened. Really! The character development was so much better than I remembered it being and the action not as sparse.

One of the standout episodes to this point has actually been the episode called "Nebraska", the one that opened the second half of the season after the traumatic events of the mid-season finale. I remembered that episode being slow and disappointing until those last few minutes in the bar. But seeing all of these characters dealing with the raw trauma they'd just experienced was really done well.

And more and more, I'm feeling as I watch these episodes that I really, really miss Shane! It's hard to argue that his story ended the way it should have, but his presence as pragmatist and counterpoint to Rick has left a void. watching these episodes really makes me glad they didn't mirror the book and kill him off in the first season.

So, yeah, I most definitely recommend a re-watch of Season 2. Of course, your mileage may vary....

MLLASH #784547 08/23/13 12:59 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Yeah, I'm really looking forward to rewatching Season 2. You kind of hit on a point I was trying to make--there's a lot more enjoyment (for me, and some others) to watch a bunch of episodes in a short period of time. The weekly wait can really bring me down sometimes, and TWD for whatever reason, really heightens that loss of tension I feel.

You make a great point about Shane. I think the show really needs a character / actor to step up into that spot to create the dynamic tension that character was doing, albeit in a different way.

Cobalt Kid #784566 08/23/13 03:12 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
Originally Posted by Cobalt Kid
You make a great point about Shane. I think the show really needs a character / actor to step up into that spot to create the dynamic tension that character was doing, albeit in a different way.

I'm hoping they use Tyreese that way. In the comics, though he and Rick usually got along, there were several times they butted heads. I remember one memorable moment when they had a knock-down/drag-out in the prison, and they both took a tumble over a second floor railing. One of the more awesome scenes inside the prison I recall.

MLLASH #784572 08/23/13 03:31 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Yeah, that's a classic TWD moment, for sure. Rick and Tyreese had what I consider the best relationship of the entire series start to finish in that it was a complex friendship where they also often found each other at odds, like you say.

The actor playing Tyreese is nothing short of phenomenal, so hopefully he gets to show his chops and delve into all that.

MLLASH #790498 10/13/13 03:28 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
So...who's IN tonight?!?!

MLLASH #790501 10/13/13 04:01 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
I'm in. I prob won't follow week to week, instead catching up after 3-4 have piled up, but I'm def in for tonight.

Big news today on two comic book cast members joining this season. The real big one has the perfect actor playing him.

MLLASH #790503 10/13/13 04:12 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I'm in. Looking forward to the new characters.

Active LMB character is still Beast Boy.

MLLASH #790504 10/13/13 04:47 PM
MLLASH Offline OP
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
I'm so in, I accidentally poked through the other side!

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
MLLASH #790507 10/13/13 05:24 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
I'm in. As with any new season it's a mix of anticipation and trepidation. I always worry that tonal shifts between showrunners will eventually throw the direction somewhere I'm not interested in. Every season's been a bumpy ride, but when it's good it's worth it.

MLLASH #790515 10/13/13 07:30 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
Kind of a not terribly spoiler but lukewarm advance review.

Cobalt Kid #790516 10/13/13 07:35 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
Originally Posted by Cobalt Kid
Big news today on two comic book cast members joining this season. The real big one has the perfect actor playing him.

I haven't seen a photo of the other one, but the one I've seen looks pretty spot-on. Odd that these two were just announced when their third companion was announced a while back. I'm glad all three will be in.

MLLASH #790528 10/13/13 09:31 PM
MLLASH Offline OP
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
I thought it was a strong first episode. Rick's creepy chick really rattled me lookswise, I kept thinking she was a halfbreed partial-zombie or something, and then Dev convinced me she was a cannibal and I thought that might be what was turning her into a partial-zombie. Anyway, she was just a harmless suicidal nutjob, which was kinda less interesting to me. *smile*

I hate to nitpick, but just how did all the zeds get on the rooftop? Would that many people have been on the helicopter? I guess so. *smile*

MLLASH #790530 10/13/13 09:42 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
I figured they made their way up to the roof to get at the copter, then couldn't make their way back down again.

So what's with the different coloured eyes on the undead? Is it just new FX this year, or is something else going on?

It was a decent, if predictable episode. I called the death and the "secret" about the companion right off the top, but I did enjoy the character moments. I like how the bonds are showing strong at this point. It will be interesting to see that get tested this year.

Oh and....
Swine Flu!

Last edited by Dave Hackett; 10/13/13 09:42 PM.
Page 34 of 39 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 38 39

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,022
Posts1,045,371
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
jab, stile86
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Suddenly Seymour
Suddenly Seymour
Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star