Roll Call
0 members (), 46 Murran Spies, and 8 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Kill This Thread LII - The End of the Deck of Cards
by Gaseous Lad - 05/13/24 04:44 PM
Legion Trivia 6
by Gaseous Lad - 05/13/24 04:40 PM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by thoth lad - 05/13/24 05:34 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/11/24 09:37 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/10/24 04:47 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/10/24 02:58 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/10/24 02:56 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Re-imagine a Titan
#142084 10/01/12 07:50 PM
More Polyanna than Poison Ivy
OP Offline
More Polyanna than Poison Ivy
Cleome, are you still planning to post it? I'd love to see how you'd re-imagine Starfire.

Read LEGIONS OF 7 WORLDS in the Bits forum:

Retroboot (Earth-7.5) Arc 1 (COMPLETED)

Retroboot (Earth-7.5) Arc 2 (WORK IN PROGRESS)

"Don't look for role models, girls, BE the role model."

- Legion World member HARBINGER
#142085 10/01/12 08:11 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Ditto smile Not to pressure you, but I'd love to see your idea smile

#142086 10/01/12 08:39 PM
space mutineer & purveyor of quality sammitches
space mutineer & purveyor of quality sammitches
[slaps forehead]

Okay, tomorrow. (I have to find where I saved my verbal "sketch.") I promise.

shocked

Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on DeviantArt! Drop by and tell me that I sent you. *updated often!*
#142087 10/10/12 10:10 AM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
Originally posted by Klar Ken T5477: Later, when Kathy Kane hangs up her cowl, "Betty" continues her career with Teen Titans West as Batgirl. By now, many of her associates, (including Robin) know of her Kryptonian nature and powers, but she still prefers to keep these abilities secret from the general public, giving her a supreme advantage when facing powerful opponents.

Quote: "Hand-held laser. And what? You never heard of Kevlar?"
That's awesome, I love the whole Kandorian tie-in, with some Batfolks using the Nightwing and Flamebird heroic identities, originally from Kandor, it's a great turnaround to have a Kandorian adopting the name and identity of a Bat-family hero!

(An entire group of shrunken Kandorians, operating out of a Batarang-sized and -shaped Kryptonian scout vessel, could also be hilarious...)

Wrapped Around Your Finger now complete in BITS!
#142088 10/10/12 10:37 AM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
After the murder of his family in a mob hit, D.A. Adrian Chase assumed the costumed identify of the Vigilante, before eventually spiralling into madness and taking his own life.

Unknown to D.A. Chase, his son Danny had been snatched away by one of Don Scarapelli's men moments before the explosion that killed the rest of his family, to be used as a hostage to ensure his father's future cooperation, but the enforcer assigned to this task had plans of his own, and hid the boy away from both his father and the mob boss, allowing everyone to think that the boy had died in the explosion.

Young Danny Chase was raised by a crazed man, who filled the traumatized young boy's mind with an assortment of lies and half-truths, eventually convincing him that his parents were spies, and had been killed as part of some international conspiracy. It was almost five years before the increasingly erratic behavior of his captor, whom he no longer recognized as such, but thought of as his sole protector against a world that wanted to capture him to extract whatever 'spy secrets' his parents had been killed over, ended up getting killed in a standoff with police, leaving the boy to fend for himself, and, for the first time, step forth from hiding into the wider world, which turned out to be nothing like the lies his kidnapper had been feeding him...

His kidnapper, especially after the Vigilante's public unmasking as Adrian Chase, had kept an eye out for the activities of the boy's true father, and Danny found a journal among the deranged mobsters effects, detailing information on 'the Vigilante' that he'd managed to amass. Following the rambling clues, he discovered one of his father's caches of weapons and equipment, and, unsure as to whether this equipment was that of the fantasy-induced 'spies' who were out to get him, or the 'spies' that were his parents, he took the gear and began to use it to begin his own one-man war against the underworld, whom his captor had convinced him were 'all spies, working to undermine America.'

For all the wrong reasons, a terribly unstable and misguided young man became 'the Phantasm,' striking from the shadows, using skills developed during a childhood of living off the grid and invisible to modern society, and the equipment of, unknown to him, his birth father.

He deliberately cultivated a mystique of being an untouchable ghost of vengeance, or perhaps just a quirky metahuman, using tricks, illusion and subterfuge, as well as spreading an assortment of outrageous lies about his goals, origins and abilities, to keep his 'enemies' off-balance and incapable of effectively planning a defense against his raids. He'd spend weeks setting up elaborate operations, breaking into 'impenetrable' locations and arranging 'impossible' escapes, faking his own death on multiple occasions (to further his reputation of being unkillable or invulnerable) and blowing up the scenes of his raids (to destroy any evidence of the trapdoors and other illusionist's tricks he'd used to fake his 'impossible' achievements).

The Phantasm only accepted an offer to join the Teen Titans out of paranoia, eager to pilfer their computers and files to learn what they knew of the vast international spy conspiracy that he was sure had infiltrated not just organized crime, but also the local police and government, as well as informal superhero / crimefighting organizations like the Teen Titans.

His mental state being what it was, the lack of evidence he found that the Teen Titans were part of the great conspiracy only deepened his suspicion, and led to his inevitable conclusion that the Teen Titans were puppets of the true leader of this imaginary conspiracy that has defined his life, the Batman...

Wrapped Around Your Finger now complete in BITS!
Fanfic Lady #770350 05/06/13 08:19 PM
strange but not a stranger
strange but not a stranger
Demanding cleome's take on Starfire!

Big Dog! Big Dog! Bow Wow Wow!
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Caliente, Fanfic Lady 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,021
Posts1,045,261
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
Faraway Lad, Kid Charlemagne
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Straya
Straya
Oklahoma City, OK
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star