Roll Call
0 members (), 118 Murran Spies, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by Gaseous Lad - 04/28/24 10:28 PM
So, what are you listening to?
by Gaseous Lad - 04/28/24 10:25 PM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Legion Tracker - 04/28/24 08:39 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by stile86 - 04/28/24 06:30 PM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by stile86 - 04/28/24 06:28 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by stile86 - 04/28/24 06:26 PM
Legion of Super-Heroes #7 (2020) - Preview and Spoilers
by Gaseous Lad - 04/28/24 05:52 PM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Ann Hebistand - 04/28/24 07:19 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 37 of 41 1 2 35 36 37 38 39 40 41
Re: Critic's Corner (post here about any fanart or fanfic)
Abin Quank #764187 02/20/13 02:23 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Tempus Fugitive is finally finished. I'd really appreciate any feedback, thanks.

Legion Worlds NINE - wait, there's even more ongoing amazing adventures? Yup, and you'll only find them in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.
Abin Quank #764191 02/20/13 03:54 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
I intend to dive headfirst into it, Belinda. Will definitely give you feedback as I read through it.

Abin Quank #764200 02/20/13 10:51 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Ditto. I've already read the first few posts and am itching to read more!

Abin Quank #775381 06/13/13 06:50 PM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
Raz's post Legion of Three Worlds fic brings back the Infinite Man, an underused figure that allows us to see all sorts of cool stuff, from super-advanced weaponry to dinosaurs and knights!

And Harby's Legion Worlds fic continues to explore and develop some of the amazingly cool locations in the Legionverse, as well as finding a way to use the criminally underused word 'yurt' in a Legion story!

Check 'em out folks! Good stuff going on here in BITS!

Wrapped Around Your Finger now complete in BITS!
Abin Quank #775944 06/17/13 07:39 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Have to agree with you Set that Razsolo's Legion of Three Worlds continues to be great stuff - the Infinity Man seems a lot scarier there than in any of his appearance I've read in the comic. And Raz writes the best soap opera elements, consistent characters and fast moving plots.

I also agree that 'yurt' is a criminally underused word so thanks for appreciating the love I gave it smile

And you should also take the credit for the splendid Last Sun Boy story - a great piece that introduces us to some familiar villains and ties their stories very nicely into Dirk's.

Invisible Brainiac's Homecoming also needs a shout out as it continues to ratchet up the tension and manages to fit in some stunning sight seeing - a great mix!

Last edited by Harbinger; 06/17/13 07:40 AM.

Legion Worlds NINE - wait, there's even more ongoing amazing adventures? Yup, and you'll only find them in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.
Abin Quank #776311 06/19/13 07:43 PM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
My website is updated with;

Legion Tryouts - Chemistry Lad, Kid Couture and Huntsman
Awakenings
Fire Lad & the Dragon
The Last Sun Boy Story

Harbinger #776353 06/20/13 05:47 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Originally Posted by Harbinger

Invisible Brainiac's Homecoming also needs a shout out as it continues to ratchet up the tension and manages to fit in some stunning sight seeing - a great mix!

Thank you Miss B, for so kindly reading this terribly Blaze-and-IB centric story smile

Am loving all of your stories as well. Either you or raz's stories would make wonderful ongoing series in lieu of what we actually got. Your worlds are so full of life, I can really imagine what each planet must look like and how its people act. And Raz manages to develop all those characters in such interesting ways.

And I love your Legion Tryout series, Set! What a great way to feature some wonderfully interesting new characters as well as giving some great moments from the Legion judges.

Abin Quank #778562 07/05/13 08:43 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
I'm finding Human and Inhuman Ambition to be quite a nice read. I'm interested to see where else Kristoff will end up.

Abin Quank #778585 07/05/13 11:55 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Thank you for the kind words. I couldn't resist updating it today. The next post is going to have tons of action, so please keep reading. If anyone wants their characters to have a bit part, let me know and I will write them in.

Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb
Abin Quank #778678 07/06/13 12:59 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Which reminds me, I owe you an appearance from Kristoff and Earth Defense. Although with all the action going on in my story, I'm going to have a hard time explaining why Earth Defense hasn't stepped in yet. Maybe this can be explained away by Time War...

Abin Quank #778740 07/06/13 11:23 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Yes, and some Earth Defense members are not trustworthy. I think a lot of people who benefited from the corporations left (Ruth Craig's family is an example of that), so Earth Defense is recruiting people they normally would not. Kristoff was too poor to leave Earth.

Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb
Abin Quank #778742 07/06/13 11:28 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Hmmm, if Earth Defense is in the process of rebuilding then I have the perfect excuse for them not to interfere YET.

Abin Quank #780471 07/19/13 01:52 PM
R
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
R
I hope people are reading Harbinger's Legion Worlds fic, it is pretty epic and features every Legion-related character you could fit and then some!

Thanks for the compliments on my scrawlings too! I am glad people have been enjoying! Sorry I haven't updated in a while, I have been couch-surfing for the past 6 weeks and just moved into my new place but I won't get Internet connected for another few days yet...the good news is I have several chapters ready to go on google docs thanks to my trusty iPad, but it's nigh impossible to copy and paste and keep correct formatting using my iPad so till I get home net on again I can't update!

Abin Quank #781294 07/26/13 11:11 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Thanks for your support Raz, hopefully you are still enjoying my little story.

I've really missed your Legion fanfics so it's good to hear that there are some more installments due! *phew* I was worried that you may have decided to get another hobby and had given up writing. Can't wait to see where the Infinity Man has thrown your team.

Also, currently loving IB's Loss storyline - the latest installment about how Andromeda inspired a section of the Daxamite population was a lovely read. It's a really poignant series of stories IB, all the way through it has flowed really naturally and greatly developed a lot of very minor characters personalities.

Love this Forum.

Last edited by Harbinger; 08/15/13 03:55 PM. Reason: dodgy typing needed fixed

Set #782888 08/08/13 06:02 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally Posted by Set
My website is updated with;

Legion Tryouts - Chemistry Lad, Kid Couture and Huntsman
Awakenings
Fire Lad & the Dragon
The Last Sun Boy Story

I've read through everything on your site at one time or another and thoroughly enjoyed it all Set. Funnily, while I really enjoy your stories the one part that really got me exited was your authors notes after the Emerald Legion - absolutely fantastic to read just how much thought and planning went into the background of your story.

Harbinger #782892 08/08/13 06:26 PM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
I've read through everything on your site at one time or another and thoroughly enjoyed it all Set.

Thanks, that's really cool to hear! Do you have a webpage consolidating your fic as well?

Funnily, while I really enjoy your stories the one part that really got me exited was your authors notes after the Emerald Legion - absolutely fantastic to read just how much thought and planning went into the background of your story.

Awesome! I wondered if anyone had read that, or if it was entirely self-referential!

A lot of my fanfics work that way. I had a bunch of development / background stuff about the 'ecosystem' of the many different races of aliens that live in the suns of various UP systems in the Last Sun Boy Story, that just flat out added nothing to the story itself, so it just got cut (or, more accurately, never left my head).

It's not all entirely planned out, at least not consciously. Things just sort of end up tying themselves together in my brain (like introducing the telepathic gestalt concept both on Venegar and in the creation of Validus) and I'm like, 'ooh, that works!' Other stuff serves more of a story need. The 'Giant Robot Attack' happened entirely because I felt the story had gotten too talk-y and needed some fast action.

When things get slow, ninja kick down the door!

I definitely want to hammer out some more Legion fiction, but am currently writing stuff for a role-playing game supplement, and distracted from Legion stuff by a fascination with Young Avengers stuff.

Abin Quank #782893 08/08/13 06:46 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
It was so exciting to read your notes Set, they were great, not self-referential at all.

I keep promising to write out my notes from the fanfics I've done in the past but it would probably take as long to do that as write the actual story laugh Most of my notes concern the people, their likes and dislikes, annoying habits and suchlike. It all tends to go back to how they will interact. Soap opera addict material really. And it's always great to create cultures and histories, though sadly mine are not as condensed as yours. I can ramble for Britain.

Good to hear I'm not the only one who has those random idea moments too - It's quite common that I'll have some technical scientific things I want to imaginatively investigate but then they collide with some random thought and eh voila! Something else else new is born - my interpretation of the Super Assassins in the first Dream Boy story all came from moments like that though originally they came together for a post Leg35C story about Glorion Grundy and the NowYouSeeMeNowYouDon't Beetle, but that got scrapped and they floated around until I found a home for them.

Anyway, love your site Set, your work is impressive!

Last edited by Harbinger; 08/08/13 06:46 PM.

Abin Quank #783175 08/11/13 03:46 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Well that's Legion Worlds part 1 finished, any feedback greatly appreciated.

Harbinger #783210 08/12/13 04:05 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Also, currently loving IB's Loss storyline - the latest installment about how Andromeda inspired a section of the Daxamite population was a lovely read. It's a really poignant series of stories IB, all the way through it has flowed really naturally and greatly developed a lot of very minor characters personalities.

Love this Forum.

Thank you Harbi, it's so kind of you to say that and I'm really glad to hear nothing seems forced to you. It's quite a bit easier because a) I've read the Postboot era over and over, and b) there's just a lot of material to work with.

I really do love this Forum too smile

Well that's Legion Worlds part 1 finished, any feedback greatly appreciated.

I skimmed through your new posts and I must say I'm positively EXCITED to read through it properly! I picked up a few major twists that flowed very naturally from the characters' histories - I must say you plotted it really well!

Abin Quank #783402 08/14/13 02:25 PM
And then there was steak!
Does anyone know who wrote this piece? They have no profile and no other works at AO3, but they write so well that this can't possibly be the first time they've ever written fanfiction. Obviously I love it because it's Lyle, and I love it even moreso for being a mix of Condo/Lyle and Querl/Lyle. Was it one of you? I am just in love with it, seriously, and would love to talk writing and Legion with the person who wrote it.

Shatter

Abin Quank #783405 08/14/13 02:52 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Not definite, Conjy, but pretty darned likely given that it's the same screen name and this person talks about LOSH fanfic, but it's probably this person:

http://ofbaskerville.tumblr.com/

To the best of my knowledge, not a LWer (but, hey... invite her over. smile )

Abin Quank #783408 08/14/13 03:22 PM
I went over to stalk her, thanks! xD

Really though, I hope she doesn't mind my telling her that she writes well. I always appreciate it. Especially in such a SMALL fandom.

Abin Quank #783409 08/14/13 03:39 PM
GODDAMN, HOW DO YOU USE TUMBLR?! It's so freakin' confusing and weird and I can't figure out how to make a note and what the hell is a dashboard and WTF and OMG and why can't I see myself and WTF...

Abin Quank #783420 08/14/13 06:14 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Someone cut off Conjys caffeine.

Last edited by Dev - Em; 08/14/13 06:14 PM.

Active LMB character is still Beast Boy.

Abin Quank #783428 08/14/13 07:53 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
I give my compliments to Harbinger for writing well-coordinated fight scenes. I have only recently felt the courage to write them myself. I liked the ending to her latest story.

"Human and Inhuman Ambition" is completed for those of you that like to read things in trade paperback format. There is one character in particular who I hope to use in the "Time War".

Page 37 of 41 1 2 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,020
Posts1,044,981
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Catonyx
Catonyx
Badlands
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star