Roll Call
0 members (), 46 Murran Spies, and 8 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Kill This Thread LII - The End of the Deck of Cards
by Gaseous Lad - 05/13/24 04:44 PM
Legion Trivia 6
by Gaseous Lad - 05/13/24 04:40 PM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by thoth lad - 05/13/24 05:34 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/11/24 09:37 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/10/24 04:47 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/10/24 02:58 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/10/24 02:56 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 27 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 26 27
Re: Legion Emergency - Calling....
Quislet, Esq #792402 10/26/13 04:54 AM
Tempus Fugitive
Tempus Fugitive
Duo Damsel - I always felt that she the more effective tutor than Bouncing Boy.

Tyroc - I think he, far more than Invisible Kid was responsible for getting the subs into a extremely effective 5YG fighting unit. Actually, one of their earlier appearances shows them to kick butt, and that was with Polar Boy in charge. So either/or there.

Wildfire - He's the guy who pushes the applicants as much as he can to see if they are up to it.

Emergency!
Mort Weisinger has come up with a cover idea to have the Heroes of Lallor fight the Legion! But which 5 Legionnaires will give the most even and entertaining fight until everything is sorted out. The "foes" are Duplicate Boy, Gas Girl, Life Lass, Evolvo Lad and Beast Boy.

"...not having to believe in a thing to be interested in it and not having to explain a thing to appreciate the wonder of it."
Quislet, Esq #792437 10/26/13 05:49 PM
R
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
R
Superboy for Duplicate Boy (two kids moving planets around must be more fun than one!)

Element Lad for Gas Girl (can he change her to something harmless before she chokes him out?)

Phantom Girl for Life Lass (I can see Tinya walking through an army of space-cutlery on the march)

Brainiac 5 for Evolvo Lad (cue some kind of ridiculously convoluted intellectual contest)

Chameleon Boy for Beast Boy (crazy animal transformations all up the wazoo!)

Somebody has been abducting innocents from Infectious Lass' homeworld Somahtur to experiment on them for bio-warfare! Which five Legionnaires are gonna restore peace to the disease world?

Quislet, Esq #792446 10/26/13 06:32 PM
Tempus Fugitive
Tempus Fugitive
This issue! The Brainiac 5 v Evolvo Lad 3D Chess championship! smile

Brainy - perhaps germs won't get through the forcefield while he investigates.
Blok - non human physiology may make him resistant.
Phantom Girl - while she phases she's immune.
Super Boy - trusting to his invulnerability
Super Girl - doubling my chances.

The Adult Legion's Mr Mxyzptlk has summoned his ancestor for advice on a case. But he can't get rid of him! Which 5 Legionnaires can make the pesky imp say his name backwards?

"...not having to believe in a thing to be interested in it and not having to explain a thing to appreciate the wonder of it."
Quislet, Esq #792481 10/26/13 08:07 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Tyroc - maybe he can manipulate the sound well enough
Saturn Girl - not shy about poking in someone else's mind if needed
Infectious Lass - maybe she can find something that'll work on the imp
Echo - back-up for Tyroc
Dragonmage - fight magic with magic!

Tyroc
SaturnGirl
InfectiousLass
Echo
Dragonmage

Circe helped the Legion take out Mxyzptlk, but now she's here to stay and wreak mischief - unless the Legion can beat her in a singing contest.

Which 4 Legionnaires would stand the best chance of beating her?

Invisible Brainiac #792529 10/26/13 10:34 PM
R
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
R
Hmm Tyroc would be the obvious choice but I won't use him again so soon...so instead:

Triplicate Girl - can sing harmonies with herself

White Witch - I'm sure can whip up a spell to make herself sing like an angel

Chameleon Girl - can give herself the vocal cords of the galaxy's best singer, and as she's an actress by trade she's probably had singing lessons at some point so she'd know how to use 'em!

Tellus - who says the singing has to be verbal? Would like to see Circe try to compete with him in front of a judging panel of Hykraians!

The Legion have to go back in time to team up with the Justice Society of America against Mordru in WWII. Choose a team of seven who'd fit best!

Quislet, Esq #792533 10/27/13 04:44 AM
Tempus Fugitive
Tempus Fugitive
I'll stick wiht the five

Cosmic Boy - 20th century historian.
Super Boy - from the 20th century
Super Girl - ditto
White Witch - She can take on the older Mordru, so she should be fine here.
Dragonmage - sheer raw magical power.

Victor Stone has captured all of the Legion in fantasy worlds, where their biggest desire has been granted. Pick the five Legionnaires most likely to escape and help resuce the others.

Quislet, Esq #792544 10/27/13 08:26 AM
R
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
R
Sensor Girl: she's a cinch

Brainiac 5: he'll brain it out!

Dream Girl: probably smart enough to brain it out too, but I could see her power helping too

Saturn Girl: keen mental discipline will help her figure out she's being manipulated

Karate Kid: keen physical discipline will help him figure out this isn't the physical world

I like this one! There are a lot of Legionnaires you could justifiably have a reason to break out...plus I wonder what their fantasy worlds individually would be like anyway?

For a different take on it...the Legion of Supervillains Espionage Squad has abducted and replaced four of the Legion of Superheroes to infiltrate the team! Who are the 4 victims? For bonus points you can say who their evil replacement is as well smile

Quislet, Esq #792553 10/27/13 09:27 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Gosh, it's tough to pick four Legionnaires to be victims. I suppose I'd go with those who don't have that many close friends on the team, and whose replacing would not be noticed as much. Also picking Legionnaires with non-unique powers.

Gear - he's relatively new, I doubt the other Legionnaires were on LW much during the construction phase to get to know him that well. I figure he'd be replaced by another Linsnerian (sp?) or maybe even Tharok!

Blok - he has two close friends, Timber Wolf (who is kind of oblivious) and White Witch (who isn't). I figure it shouldn't be that hard for another Dryadian to impersonate Blok though

Stone Boy - I'm cheating a little bit here tongue But I figure an immobile Stone Boy will be unlikely to be found out. I'd pick another Zwennian to impersonate him - and he'd have nanobots or something to spy for him

Invisible Kid II - did Jacques make any really close friends Postboot? I think Wildfire may have been the closest, and they weren't THAT close. I figure the spy can spend a lot of time invisible as well.

Gear
Blok
StoneBoy
InvisibleKidII

(this question was so much tougher than I thought it would be)

The Legionnaires are chasing a fugitive to the 21st century. Pick 5 Legionnaires to blend in with the general populace while searching for the fugitive (don't worry, they won't be stranded!)

Quislet, Esq #792558 10/27/13 11:08 AM
Tempus Fugitive
Tempus Fugitive
Leaving aside Superboy & Girl for the moment who are close to that time...

Cosmic Boy & Karate Kid who both had miniseries there (not picking T Wolf)
Ultra Boy, Mon El & Chameleon Boy who have all visiter. The latter a little less so, but can blend in and has those much needed detective skills.

Technology has failed. Again. The UP falls apart. Again. The Legion find the source of the problem. They all stand on a handy asteroid ahead of their target. They discover that victory will come at a price.

Pick the 5 Leigonnaires you think would fly towards certain doom ahead of the others, and who you would think would win that race.* Only then will the Legion gain access to the Galactic Janitor's House.

*Don;t worry, he doesn't sacrifice his/her life. He just has to sit and watch the Galactic Janitor's holiday slides...for a year.

Quislet, Esq #792644 10/27/13 07:11 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Legionnaires sacrificing themselves? Superboy and Supergirl would give it a go for sure, until the others tell them they still have destinies to fulfill in their native time. So...

Mon-El
Cosmic Boy is another who'd put himself in harm's way for the rest of the team
Leviathan always wanted to die a hero
Andromeda/Laurel Gand
Shadow Lass would chase Mon-El.

Mon-El would win, I'm sure. He'll be like, eh it's not as bad as the Phantom Zone.

The Mission Monitor Board has become hopelessly clogged with old data and case files and Sun Boy's adult videos. Which 3 Legionnaires would likely volunteer to clean up?

Quislet, Esq #792752 10/28/13 03:09 AM
Tempus Fugitive
Tempus Fugitive
GEAR
COMPUTO
SUN BOY (should clear up his own mess)

The team travel back to be in an adventure with Jonah Hex. Pick 5 Legionnaires best suited to be in a Western.

Quislet, Esq #792757 10/28/13 03:37 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Karate Kid - I know he doesn't favor firearms but I think he'd be able to learn.

XS - can dodge bullets easily

Apparition - can phase through gunfire

Triad - good choice to mess with opposing cowboy's heads

Spark - she always struck me as a tomboy type

KarateKid1
XS
Apparition
Spark
Triad

Murder mystery on Weber's World - delegates are getting assassinated mysteriously. Which 5 Legionnaires are best suited to solve this mystery?

Quislet, Esq #792766 10/28/13 06:58 AM
Tempus Fugitive
Tempus Fugitive
Invisible Kid – solved the Universo mystery in the 5YG
Infectious Lass –stopped Universon in the Weber world mystery during 5YG
Chameleon Boy – top detective
Computo – interrogating the systems that Weber’s Wolrd depends on.
Tellus – just as a change from Saturn Girl.

Silly time bubble is still malfunctioning. Pick 5 Legionnaires to travel back to Medieval Europe and blend in while repairs are made.

Quislet, Esq #792786 10/28/13 08:02 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Princess Projectra - she'd have some idea as to how they acted in medieval times, and could easily hide when necessary

Duplicate Damsel - as long as she keeps her prime body safe, she's good

Ultra Boy - was always a good actor (Preboot Jo anyway...)

Shrinking Violet - is used to keeping her head down, and can easily shrink out of sight

Invisible Kid - so we can have an Earth native. I'm sure he's read up on his history (I hope).

The Science Police have sued the Legion for, well, various things. Pick 3 Legionnaires to represent the team in court.

Quislet, Esq #792817 10/28/13 01:46 PM
Tempus Fugitive
Tempus Fugitive
R. M'Rissey - there to support the team in exactly this sort of thing.

Dynamo Boy - very impressive understanding of legion constitution could be focuses on the legal issue they are in.

Colossal Boy - His mom is president. I'm sure she wouldn't pull strings but the science police would watch their step.

Felix Faust is gloating over his finger puppet collection. Pick the 9 Legionnaires you think whose top halfs would make the best finger puppets.

[Linked Image]

Quislet, Esq #792895 10/28/13 11:57 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
I think all of them could make good finger puppets, so I'll pick the 9 most threatening whom Felix Faust would want out of the way.

White Witch, Dragonmage, Sensor Girl, Kinetix - either wield magic or have a mystical link

Brainiac 5, Dream Girl, Saturn Girl, Chameleon Boy - are dangerous Legionnaires in general (there's a reason Universo picked them!)

Quislet - I don't know how it can be a finger puppet, but there's a lot we don't understand about it so best to keep it out of the way

The Legion's heading back to the Kwai's Second Galaxy on a diplomatic mission. Pick 4 Legionnaires best suited to accompanying RJ Brande (they should be, well, diplomatic!).

Quislet, Esq #792980 10/29/13 01:30 PM
Tempus Fugitive
Tempus Fugitive
Jarth...no wait.. wrong answer...

Shikari - home turf
Mon El - dignity & heroism to inspire the region.
Invisible Kid (Jacques) - flexing his presidential muscles.
Super Girl - for the "S" emblem which may well have reached other galaxies.

Kanjar Ro has kidnapped the Legion! Having forced them to sail into space, he is now selling them to the highest bidder. Which 5 Legionaires would fetch the highest price?

Quislet, Esq #793103 10/29/13 09:01 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Dream Girl and Brainiac 5, for their powers
Superboy and Supergirl - for their powers, plus come on. They're historical legends
Element Lad - for his powers and rarity (Last son of Trom!)

Whoo boy, the Legionnaires are in trouble because of Kanjar Ro. Pick 8 Legion allies to rescue them. Everyone who's ever been a Legionnaire (including 5 Year Gap only members like Crystal Kid or Storm Boy) is off limits!

Quislet, Esq #793154 10/30/13 04:26 AM
R
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
R
Martian Manhunter for his first-hand experience and the rest just because they're awesome:
The Heroes of Lallor (Gas Girl, Evolvo Lad, Duplicate Boy, Life Lass)
Insect Queen & Konk from the Amazers
The one & only Calorie Queen!

Trouble's a brewin' on the homeworld of Micro Lad aka Colossal Boy from the threeboot Legion. Pick six Legionnaires to go fight some giant-sized trouble!

Quislet, Esq #793155 10/30/13 05:13 AM
Tempus Fugitive
Tempus Fugitive
Chameleon Boy – Giant animal
Chameleon Girl – Another giant animal
LeViathan – Vi with giant powers
Colossal Boy – right at home
Mon El – the bigger they are…
Infectious Lass – Big baddies get the snifoos just as much as small ones.

Professor Ivo is just about to absorb the powers of the 7 best Legionnaires ot give to his android creation Amazo. You have only moments to act. Pick the 7 most useless Legion powers to give Amazo to reduce his threat.

thoth lad #793174 10/30/13 06:48 AM
R
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
R
I feel so disloyal doing this but *gulp* here goes:

Dream Girl: great for seeing that Mon-El's gonna tear him a new one, not so great for avoiding it...

Night Girl: not difficult to make sure there's always a light source around!

Matter-Eater Lad: just don't let him get close enough to bite!

Duo Damsel: "Oh no, it's TWO narcoleptic gluttons who lose their powers under a flashlight!"

Light Lass: actually quite deadly if he used Brainy's intellect with her powers, but as Ayla only ever used her power to levitate folks I'm pretty sure a team of superheroes with flight rings are gonna be okay with that...

Pete Ross: honorary Legionnaires count, right? ;p

Ferro Lad can be lucky last. Turning into iron is pretty cool against normal folks, but it's nothing 2/3 of the team wouldn't be able to deal with...

Playfem magazine has asked 4 Legion hunks to model for a tasteful nudie calendar with the proceeds from sales going to the charity of their choice. Which of the fellas would go the full monty?

Quislet, Esq #793178 10/30/13 07:37 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
You just know Sun Boy and Ultra Boy wouldn't be shy about showing some skin.

Matter-Eater Lad's a TV star in 5YL, so he'd be OK with this.

And in a surprise twist, Chemical King steps forward to volunteer (because he wants to impress his honey Lyle and show him how much more confident he's gotten!)

SunBoy
UltraBoy
MatterEaterLad
ChemicalKing

Not be left out, PlayMan magazine's asking for four Legion ladies to do the same (tasteful, of course). Which four ladies will volunteer?

Quislet, Esq #793193 10/30/13 09:04 AM
Tempus Fugitive
Tempus Fugitive
Dream Girl, Kinetix, a duplicate of Duplicate Damsel and Thong Girl, sorry Laurel turn up for the photo shoot.

But just before the issue goes to press, the Legion let it leak that all were actually Yera.

Later, Salu punches out Yera for impersonating Legionnaires again.

Marzal is disappearing once more out of our dimension. But everyone loves Tyroc. Pick 5 Legionnaires to stabilise the vanishing city.

Quislet, Esq #793251 10/30/13 11:21 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
I'll assume this is 5 Legionnaires besides Tyroc, so...

Kid Quantum II - she seems to be able to do anything...

Gates - I'm thinking his teleportation disks will be useful

White Witch - can magic up a solution

Gear - can cobble together machinery needed to save the day

Shikari - she can get them back from wherever they end up, just in case

KidQuantumII
Gates
WhiteWitch
Gear
Shikari

Welcome to the real world! The Legionnaires have been abducted by Mojo and forced to participate in a reality TV show. Which 5 Legionnaires would have the best chance of outsmarting Mojo?

Quislet, Esq #793279 10/30/13 01:42 PM
Tempus Fugitive
Tempus Fugitive
Dream Girl, Saturn Girl, Brainiac (contracts), Kid Quantum (Mojo just loves slo mo effects) and Tenzil the big TV star.

Fame! I want to live forev...>ack Giffened...<

With the Legion disbanded, they have to now rely on their abilities as either singers or dancers. Pick the top 5 Legionnaires who would graduate through Fame Academy.

Page 5 of 27 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 26 27

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,021
Posts1,045,261
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
Faraway Lad, Kid Charlemagne
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Straya
Straya
Oklahoma City, OK
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star