Roll Call
0 members (), 48 Murran Spies, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Legion Tracker - 05/13/24 07:30 PM
Legion Trivia 6
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/13/24 07:23 PM
Kill This Thread LII - The End of the Deck of Cards
by Gaseous Lad - 05/13/24 04:44 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/11/24 09:37 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/10/24 04:47 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/10/24 02:58 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/10/24 02:56 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 27 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 26 27
Re: Legion Emergency - Calling....
Quislet, Esq #797737 12/30/13 09:55 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Sun Boy (once described as "having the niftiest skills of any Legion cruiser pilot")

Shikari should be able to translate her pathfinding skills to piloting a spacecraft!

Sensor Girl's hypersenses should be able to do the same too

Andromeda's super senses, speed and reflexes can do the same

Gear can interface with all sorts of machinery to detect the meteors in time

SunBoy
Shikari
Andromeda
SensorGirl
Gear

In a bid to open up more to the general public, the Legion's now diving into social media! Pick 3 Legionnaires to maintain the social media accounts of the LSH (until they can hire someone to do it full-time).

Quislet, Esq #797764 12/30/13 10:22 PM
Tempus Fugitive
Tempus Fugitive
Dream Girl - Everyone in the galaxy would follow Nura.

Now that you have a captive audience (without hiring Grimbor)...

Computo and GEAR to run them and insinuate them into all media formats.

Careless Controllers have let a Sun Eater loose. The good news is that you have the whole Legion to pick form in defeating it. Let's do it right this time. Which five would you pick?

"...not having to believe in a thing to be interested in it and not having to explain a thing to appreciate the wonder of it."
Quislet, Esq #797782 12/30/13 10:59 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Brainiac 5 - has the supermind that Tharok had
White Witch, Kinetix, Element Lad and Kid Quantum II for the usefulness of their powers

Fatal Five's attacking Legion World! Pick 5 Legionnaires to go one-on-one with each of the Five.

Quislet, Esq #797850 12/31/13 11:34 AM
Tempus Fugitive
Tempus Fugitive
Weird deja vu feeling for this one...

Saturn Girl sings lullabies to Validus until it's asleep.
Sensor Girl slaps the Empress around. Any version of it.
Bouncing Boy takes out Mano.
Colossal Boy has an excellent track record against the Persuader.
Chemical Kid introduces the wonderful world of rust to Tharok.

Although they fought hard, the original subs have been taken over by Universo. Pick 5 Legionnaires to defeat Night Girl, Chlorophyll Kid, Stone Boy, Fire Lad and Polar Boy.

"...not having to believe in a thing to be interested in it and not having to explain a thing to appreciate the wonder of it."
Quislet, Esq #797926 01/01/14 04:00 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Sun Boy shines some light on Night Girl.

Nightwind blows out Fire Lad.

Kinetix immobilizes Stone Boy.

Apparition laughs at Polar Boy's cold powers.

Chameleon is nimble enough to get through Chlorophyll Kid's plants.

SunBoy
Nightwind1
Kinetix
Apparition
Chameleon

Blast from the past! Pick 5 Legionnaires to beat 5 brainwashed Justice Leaguers: Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Hal Jordan and Wally West.

Quislet, Esq #798078 01/03/14 02:18 PM
Tempus Fugitive
Tempus Fugitive
Well, whoever brainwashed them is no match for Saturn Girl. She takes out Green Lantern in particular just to show off her willpower too.

Karate Kid beats the snot out of Batman, showing off all of those alien martial arts, that Bats didn't bother learning in his '60s sci fi phase.

The Legion's original Superboy (being all pre crisis like) is much more powerful than the current Superman.

Wally West could end the fight before people realise there is one. Were it not for the fact he is now a smear on the inside of Brainiac 5's force field. Not to worry, they can just use a time bubble or Superboy to restore things.

All of the male Legionnaires have fallen for Dream Girl. Pick four Legionnaires and let us know how they used their powers to impress her.

Quislet, Esq #798092 01/03/14 10:18 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
(you didn't have anyone take out Wonder Woman :p)

Element Lad impresses Dream Girl by creating some pretty sculptures.

Brainiac 5 proves several obscure mathematical theories which Dream Girl is smart enough to understand.

Sun Boy writes a witty and scathing short story which doubles as commentary on the state of 31st century society.

Star Boy bulks up and plays for a moopsball team.

Legion vs. X-men now. Pick 5 Legionnaires to beat the snot out of: Cyclops, Jean Grey, Iceman, Beast, Angel.

Quislet, Esq #798115 01/04/14 12:47 PM
Tempus Fugitive
Tempus Fugitive
Oh, Wonder Woman is the embodiment of truth and overcame her mind control. Yeah, that's the ticket. I think I was going to go with Laurel Gand actually.

I wonder who Sun Boy paid to write the story smile

Bah! No Prof X. I was going to have Quislet take over his battle chair smile

Monel for Cyclops
Laurel Gand for Jean Grey
Super Boy for Iceman
Ultra Boy for Beast
Supergirl for Angel.

They don;t really fight the X-Men so much as fly through them by accident on the way to a more important mission smile

My comment on how frequently these characters survive, considering their lack of resistance to bullets among many other things. Sun Boy is paying me to write it.

It's adopt a pet week! Pick 3 Legionnaires and the pets they chose. No points for Superboy, Supergirl Brainy or Reep who already have sentient companions - or any others who already have them!

Quislet, Esq #798123 01/04/14 03:29 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Hey, Sun Boy may be a himbo but he has brains!

Kinetix adopts a bunny cause she's all about perfection and bunnies are perfect.

Monstress gets a cute shih tzu.

Sensor gets a python because.

Pick five Legionnaires to go study Earth's coral reefs and recommend how to conserve them.

Quislet, Esq #798176 01/05/14 02:14 PM
Tempus Fugitive
Tempus Fugitive
I remember reading the final issues of the Baxter run for the first time. Someone lets Sun Boy know that with Brainy gone, he's the Legion's top scientist. We only see the back of Dirk's head but I always imagined a grimace. Mon El and Dreamy were gone by them too. He may have brains, but they are mainly located around his groin. smile This is why he was a derelict when picked up by Earthgov and not a leading scientific light.

Tellus - His simple message of the mother ocean will have everyone to the left of the extreme right wing in tears.

Lamprey - Gets a long overdue promotion just to share in this adventure. Go Lamprey! Hands on science and light.

Brainiac 5 - Not only because his force field will be the perfect sphere to take a group to the reefs in. Not only because he could calculate the environmental threat. But just to get him out of the lab and surrounded by life.

M'rissey - The horrid greed-at-all-costs community isn't going to like not being able to exploit the oceans as they see fit. M'rissey is there to wrap their plans in lovely red tape with a fetching bow on top.

Reep Daggle - For those people that don't take the hint. "Gentelmen of the board. This is an Arcturian Mawler. It hunts and kills anything that moves. Did I mention that I replicate the instincts of creatures as well as their shapes?"

Lights Out! The power has gone off in Legion HQ. With Brainy off moping about Kara's death, pick five mechanically minded Legionnaires to fix the problem.

thoth lad #798203 01/05/14 05:49 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Originally Posted by thothkins
I remember reading the final issues of the Baxter run for the first time. Someone lets Sun Boy know that with Brainy gone, he's the Legion's top scientist. We only see the back of Dirk's head but I always imagined a grimace. Mon El and Dreamy were gone by them too. He may have brains, but they are mainly located around his groin. smile This is why he was a derelict when picked up by Earthgov and not a leading scientific light.

I would rephrase is it, "he may have brains, but the ones he prefers using are around his groin". He's a creature of pleasure and would only put in the scientific effort if he'd get a good reward from it. But give him the proper motivation and I think he'd do a good job (sadly, I don't recall this ever being demonstrated in the stories...)

Quislet, Esq #798206 01/05/14 06:39 PM
Tempus Fugitive
Tempus Fugitive
On the other hand, the brains in the other part of his anatomy were seen in numerous stories smile

It's partly that he's overshadowed by Brainy, Nura and Lar when it comes to science and his origin in helping his dad after school rather than being a professional scientist at that time himself. Then there's the lifestyle choices he's made. Perhaps he simply chose a different path and moved away form the science he did know. It would get him a cushy job at Earthgov after all.

thoth lad #798218 01/05/14 08:38 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
I don't think he was ever interested in science much, though I do recall at least one throwaway mention of him authoring some research paper. Can't recall where though.

Originally Posted by thothkins
Lights Out! The power has gone off in Legion HQ. With Brainy off moping about Kara's death, pick five mechanically minded Legionnaires to fix the problem.

Gear and Computo can talk to the machinery and repair.

Legion ally Loomis is a gifted mechanic, so let's send him in.

Magno may not be particularly mechanically minded but he can use his magnetism to help out.

Postboot era Chuck Taine (who I always wished had gained full Bouncing Boy powers) is another talented mechanic.

I left off Lyle because his expertise is more on biochemistry than inventing gadgets tongue

Time for the Legion's annual Klordny party! Pick 4 Legionnaires to throw a festive bash for the Legion, their allies, their support staff, top fans and key friends from the UP and SP (boy it's gonna be a big bash).

Quislet, Esq #798247 01/06/14 01:41 PM
Tempus Fugitive
Tempus Fugitive
Re Sun Boy:Probably a chat up line.

Convention Kid didn't exist so that leaves...

Right. Location, location, location... let's say it's to be held on Orando.

So Jeckie is first on the list. She can order her minions to do pretty much everything. The downside is that more places have to be set for figments of her imagination. Her authority adds a bot of pomp to the invitations too. Few are going to turn down an invite from royalty (they can kidnap Gates).

Luornu multitasks effortlessly, and gets on with everyone that Jeckie's minions won't realise she's managing them all.

Glorith - bending time and space to bring all of the guests magically to the Klordyfest.

Court jester Chuck! - He's fun! He's entertainment! He's selfless! The perfect host to plan games and fun for the guests, as well as being so bouncingly lovable that no one could possibly get uptight.

Jo Nah is off to find the missing Tinya. That means he needs three Legionnaires to take over the running of his smuggling outfit on Rimbor. Who would be best suited?

Quislet, Esq #798293 01/06/14 09:24 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Re Sun Boy, I don't trust my memory 100% but I'm pretty sure it was somebody else commenting on his paper, so it was legit. I was surprised myself - I don't doubt his smarts, but I do doubt he'd put in the effort without there being a short-term reward.

Smuggling outfit:

Kono (duh)

Veilmist (duh too, she can just teleport things instantly without having to worry about transport)

Spider-Girl (she's a thief through and through, she can be the brains of the outfit)

Kono
Veilmist
SpiderGirl

Three gals! What will Tinya say?

The Legionnaires have decided to put the Subs through Boot Camp and toughen them up. With Brek, Lydda, Drura, Chuck, Lu, Wildfire and the super-cousins all unavailable, pick four Legionnaires to put the Subs (Fire Lad, Stone Boy, Chlorphyll Kid, Color Kid, Porcupine Pete, Double Header, Antannae Boy and Rainbow Girl) through their paces.

Quislet, Esq #798338 01/07/14 01:26 PM
Tempus Fugitive
Tempus Fugitive
Re smuggling: Three gals that shone in the 5YG too!

Re Sun Boy: He got Circe to coerce a scientist prisoner to write the paper. It might have his name on it, but...

The only way to toughen up Stone Boy is to roughcast him. I'm not sure that's allowed in a code comic.

Tyroc - When we saw them in the 5YG, Tyroc was very close to the subs and I think a lot of his training got them into great shape to take on the Dominators.

Colossal Boy - His SP training and association with the Academy (even the LSV one) will get the Subs well drilled, as well as competent in the law enforcement field.

Shrinking Violet - Our tactical field commander would tear strips off the subs unless they were in peak condition.

Karate Kid - There are hints that he really increased the capabilities of a number of Legionnaires. There would be an even bigger jump for the subs.

The people of the UP have decided that the only people they can actually trust are the Legion. Which 5 Legionnaires are best suited to run for office and who would win?

Quislet, Esq #798345 01/07/14 05:17 PM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
Element Lad - the ultimate outsider, representing no world but himself, above it all and seen as fair and impartial by all.

Mon-El - too many UP delegates show undue favoritism to their homeworlds, but this Legionnaire has proven time and again that he's a citizen of the universe, not just a son of Daxam.

Mater-Eater Lad - already experienced with politics from his time on Bismoll, he know who to charm and who *not* to trust!

Princess Projectra - a ruler in her own right, bringing her own unique style of leadership to the UP.

Saturn Girl - something, something 'please have a complimentary medallion' and 'vote for Saturn Girl!' After her victory, everyone admits that they remember distinctly changing their minds and voting for her...

The Legion needs to infiltrate a gathering of super-villains on the distant world of Avalon. Pick 5 Legionnaires who would be best suited to impersonate the members of the Fatal Five, to infiltrate this meeting!

Wrapped Around Your Finger now complete in BITS!
Quislet, Esq #798347 01/07/14 05:42 PM
Tempus Fugitive
Tempus Fugitive
Element Lad is Mano - converting matter he touches with his element powers.

Chameleon Boy is Validus - He's impersonated the behemoth before and looks better at it than Gim in a suit.

Projectra is the Empress. Everyone thinks they see the eye at work. But do they? Jeckie has that regal bearing that Sarya only pretends to have. Alternately you can just wait for Violet to be possessed by it.

Only Brainy can pull off the sheer intellect of Tharok. Brainy takes along an advanced distorter of his own design to complete the look. Just get him to think of Rond stealing his girl to get him channelling bad thoughts.

Persuader - While Jo would be a decent fit, I think a slightly grown Gim should be able to pull this off nicely. That provides the height, strength and muscles of the Persuader. It's not s though he ever hits with the sharp side of the axe so Gim won't have to kill anyone.

Keith Giffen has been let back into co-plot the Legion. In a matter of months the galaxy is in a mess and the Legion has been victimised and disbanded. But there is hope. Pick the five key/ most important members of a Legion that would reform from the ashes of the old. I'm afraid Keith has killed any Karate Kids and so he can't be considered an option.

Quislet, Esq #798351 01/07/14 08:48 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
re Sun Boy, you really don't want to consider the possibility that he'd get off his ass and work on something do you? tongue

Brainiac 5 for his brains (I know, I know, obvious choice but...)

Saturn Girl, not just for her telepathy but for her willingness to do what needs to be done

Cosmic Boy, the "first and best leader" ever

Element Lad, the orphan who made the Legion his home

Dream Girl, for her foresight and her brains

The Legion's been called in to the jungle planet Tenazor-4 to help capture and catalogue rare species. Which 5 Legionnaires are best suited to hunting and capturing unharmed some exotic creatures?

Quislet, Esq #798409 01/08/14 02:32 PM
Tempus Fugitive
Tempus Fugitive
Re Sun Boy: The only thing he'd work on would be a woman.

Dawnstar - from her previous employment. No Wildfire so she can get some peace and quiet.

I'm promoting Mwindaji from the Academy for similar tracking reasons.

Imra's got a parents meeting so I'm also promoting Otaki. It's a good bonding mission and her mind sense powers will come in handy.

Chameleon Boy - to impersonate a variety of species as bait.

Rond Vidar - To use his lantern ring to capture the critters.

The Daily Planet has been attacked by a time travelling Luthor! It can't miss an edition for the first time in 1000 years! Pick 5 Legionnaires to put the paper together.

Quislet, Esq #798413 01/08/14 03:50 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Sun Boy: possibly thothkins' least favorite Legionnaire. I can feel the disdain.

On to the mission:

XS - just give her a few seconds, it's all done.

Sun Boy - he doesn't really care what thothkins thinks, but he does care what that sexy female reporter does

Mentalla - no matter how smart Luthor is, he's not immune to mind control

Duplicate Damsel - all hands on deck!

Dragonmage - I don't think Luthor's prepared for him, and he can really speed up the process

Bombs have been hidden in historic landmarks in the 31st century. We don't know which ones but the terrorists have left several clues which can only be solved through a thorough knowledge of pre-22nd century history and culture. For some reason, the bombs are immune to finding by x-ray vision, tracking/pathfinding powers, and magic; and the anyone who knows where the boms are is immune to telepathic probing.

Pick 5 Legionnaires to solve the riddles and find the bombs.

Quislet, Esq #798433 01/08/14 06:01 PM
Tempus Fugitive
Tempus Fugitive
Sun Boy: Good 5YG writing really brought out his true self. smile It's good that he's distinctive.

First up is Brainy with his time bubbles. That enables the Legion to go back, get a thorough knowledge of the pre 22nd century, and return a second after they left. Then he can figure it all out with the aid of...

Computo. Danielle's computer mind will be invaluable in calculating where the bombs could be. They both depend on...

Luronu to go to *all* of the possible locations and start investigations. Multiples are sent to each location to make it even easier. She's helped by the alternating powers of...

Jo Nah. Super speed to get to the sites and a dose of penetra vision (not like X-Ray vision at all as it can see through lead). But logic can only get you so far, so you need...

Reep Daggle. The detective instinct defies logic and plays to hunches brought up by the clues. His changing form will also enable investigation into small crevices etc of certain monuments for bomb finding.

A giant kitten is threatening major city landmarks. Pick three Legionnaires to offer more exciting cat toy opportunities for our feline friend.

[Linked Image]

Quislet, Esq #798454 01/08/14 09:46 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Bouncing Boy and Elastic Lad. Kitties love giant balls and long pieces of string right?

Chameleon Girl. When all else fails, transform into an even bigger kitty. Or a dog.

Oil spill in the oceans of Naltor. Pick 5 Legionnaires for cleanup.

Quislet, Esq #798488 01/09/14 06:07 PM
Tempus Fugitive
Tempus Fugitive
Superboy - with a giant skimming device or that expand for all purposes cape of his.

Element Lad & Chemical Kid clean earth combo.

Sugyn as a reformed villain member can inhale huge amounts of seawater. Huge amounts. He's friends with Tenzil, so he can't be all bad.

Earth Man - I want the murderer Legionnaire to offer protection to those responsible, to prevent any mishaps.

Pick 3 Legionnaires to go back in time to try and teach Lex Luthor about learning form the error of his ways, before he hooks up with the adult LSV.

Quislet, Esq #798515 01/10/14 12:40 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Whew. This could be tough...

Sensor Girl - her illusions can let him "see" stories of people who, er, let revenge get the better of them

Dream Girl - share some nuggets of his future

Saturn Girl - telepathically implant some, er, life lessons

Of course, it's all moot when the Infinite Man and Time Trapper team up to stop the Legion from changing history.

Brande Industries wants to release a toy line of the Legion. Pick 5 Legionnaires who'd be models for a good initial action figure offering to test the market.

Page 7 of 27 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 26 27

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,021
Posts1,045,265
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
Lightning Lad
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Catonyx
Catonyx
Badlands
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star