Roll Call
1 members (Chaim Mattis Keller, Chaim Mattis Keller, Chaim Mattis Keller, Chaim Mattis Keller), 38 Murran Spies, and 22 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/10/24 08:02 AM
Kill This Thread LII - The End of the Deck of Cards
by Ann Hebistand - 05/10/24 05:38 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/10/24 02:58 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/10/24 02:57 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/10/24 02:56 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/10/24 02:55 AM
Legion Trivia 6
by thoth lad - 05/09/24 03:34 PM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 16 17
Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion
rickshaw1 #804442 04/04/14 04:37 AM
R
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
R
Infectious Lass! It's not like she needs to see to release her power...I won't cite the latest instalment of my critically acclaimed fan fiction to support this as that would be a gross example of self-promotion wink

Hmmm how about Power Girl vs Andromeda?

Invisible Brainiac #804446 04/04/14 07:38 AM
K
Leader
Leader
K
Originally Posted by Invisible Brainiac
Both Dinahs can scream really loud, but
Originally Posted by Klar Ken T5477
Brainiac for the win

Yes, but rule 42 in the DC Universe is Batman Always Wins.

As a metaphor, you might ask "Could Bill Gates defeat William the Conquerer?" If Gates has full access to 21st-century technology, he wins handily. (ref: "A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court")

Still going for Brainy. It's the force field, baby!

Yes, umm, in the metaphor above, Bill Gates is the super-intelligent man from the future (Brainiac 5) while William the Conquerer is the brilliant strategist, highly skilled in combat, rich-as-a-king man from the past (Batman). So, yeah, I was agreeing with you, and disgreeing with the absurd DC Rule 42.

“I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal.” -- Groucho Marx
Dave Hackett #804447 04/04/14 07:41 AM
K
Leader
Leader
K
Originally Posted by ricksahaw1
Power Girl vs. Andromeda

Originally Posted by Dave Hackett
Kara barely eeks out a win as an infinite number of variations of each character show up through cracks in the hypertime/multiverse/Bleed causing reality to almost crash in upon itself. Her variations just fight a bit dirtier. wink

Thunder -vs.- Zauriel

“I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal.” -- Groucho Marx
rickshaw1 #804468 04/04/14 12:24 PM
Tempus Fugitive
Tempus Fugitive
An enraged Thunder may stand a chance if she gets the first punch or two in, effectively sending Zauriel back for another chat with his maker.

However, the longer it goes on the more chance the Wim Wenders reject has to uncouple Thunder from her mystical source/ render immobile through sonic scream etc.

So, I'm going, reluctantly, with Zauriel.

Next bout:

Martian Manhunter vs Saturn Girl in a minds only bout.

"...not having to believe in a thing to be interested in it and not having to explain a thing to appreciate the wonder of it."
thoth lad #804469 04/04/14 12:41 PM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
Imra's probably slightly stronger, but J'Onn's greater stamina comes into play as he rope-a-dopes and just plain outlasts her for the win.

Next: Wildcat vs. Invisible Kid (Lyle).

My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War .
rickshaw1 #804472 04/04/14 01:32 PM
Tempus Fugitive
Tempus Fugitive
Ted for the win, even if Lyle gets in a few hits first.

Next bout:
Oracle vs Computo

"...not having to believe in a thing to be interested in it and not having to explain a thing to appreciate the wonder of it."
rickshaw1 #804489 04/04/14 06:32 PM
R
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
R
Oracle vs Computo? I'd give it to Computo more often than not. The only way I can see Oracle scoring a win is if they're in the same room with no dangerous technology around so Babs can beat her up.

In every other situation, Danielle shuts down her access & even if she can't physically touch her she can keep her effectively trapped wherever she is using technology (or send Red Tornado/Red Rocket suits if she's feeling particularly overkilly).

Aquaman vs Tellus?

razsolo #804492 04/04/14 07:14 PM
K
Leader
Leader
K
Originally Posted by razsolo
Aquaman vs Tellus?

"I can talk to fish" vs. true telepathy & telekinesis? Even the "I am very strong because I live in a pineapple on the bottom of the sea" Aquaman is over-matched by Tellus' big, strong pectoral fins.

Definitely Tellus.

(Incidentally, Barbara has taken on Babbage, the Calculator, Kilg%re, the Original Brainiac, and beaten them all. I am not so sure she could not take down Invisible Kid's little sister as well.)

Blok -vs.- Sand (Sanderson Hawkins)

Klar Ken T5477 #804494 04/04/14 08:18 PM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
Definitely Sand - for Blok, it'd be like fighting a Btzglan when he tried to land a punch, while Sand could manipulate his actual body like yer average guy fighting Tomb. Blok's the last Legionnaire you'd put up against him!

M'Onel/Mon-El vs. Sentinel/GL (Alan)

My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

rickshaw1 #804533 04/05/14 03:48 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Mon-El is strong, but Sentinel's powers are based on magic. I'm pretty sure Daxamites share the Kryptonian weakness to magic. So it's Sentinel for the win.

Next:

Quislet vs. Firestorm

Klar Ken T5477 #804534 04/05/14 03:50 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Both Dinahs can scream really loud, but
Brainiac for the win

Yes, but rule 42 in the DC Universe is Batman Always Wins.

As a metaphor, you might ask "Could Bill Gates defeat William the Conquerer?" If Gates has full access to 21st-century technology, he wins handily. (ref: "A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court")

Still going for Brainy. It's the force field, baby!

Yes, umm, in the metaphor above, Bill Gates is the super-intelligent man from the future (Brainiac 5) while William the Conquerer is the brilliant strategist, highly skilled in combat, rich-as-a-king man from the past (Batman). So, yeah, I was agreeing with you, and disgreeing with the absurd DC Rule 42.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Yes, DC Rule 42 is absurd. And I think even without access to futuristic technology, Brainiac 5's forcefield alone should enable him to beat Batman. Heck, any number of 21st century heroes should be able to do the same despite Batman's superior intellect and tactics.

rickshaw1 #804544 04/05/14 04:56 PM
Tempus Fugitive
Tempus Fugitive
Firestorm wins. Stein will figure out some way of containing the little critter before Quislet can find enough things to possess and hit Firestorm with.

Next:

Green Arrow vs Biron the Bowman

Invisible Brainiac #804557 04/05/14 07:16 PM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
And I think even without access to futuristic technology, Brainiac 5's forcefield alone should enable him to beat Batman.

503: Internal Server Error. Please check your input and reboot.

rickshaw1 #804558 04/05/14 07:43 PM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
It would be a funny fight.

"But you can see out of your forcefield, and I can see you, so I should be able to incapacitate you with a seizure-inducing strobe of light!"

"Thought of that. When I was four. Won't work."

"And sound clearly goes through..."

"Nope."

"You can breathe, would tear gas..."

"Denied."

"I bluff you into thinking I'm unconscious so you drop your forcefield to check on me..."

"You realize that I won this battle a million times in my head while you were thinking of that idea? Also I've just gone back in time and sued the Midnighter for stealing my catch-phrases before I invented it."

Wrapped Around Your Finger now complete in BITS!
thoth lad #804582 04/06/14 12:41 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Set, I would love to see you write a fight scene between Brainy and Batman. Maybe throw in Midnighter and Mr. Terrific too!

Originally Posted by thothkins

Next:

Green Arrow vs Biron the Bowman

Because Biron is really Comet, all he has to do is stall until he turns into a super horse again. Poor Green Arrow.

Next:

Thunder vs. Mary Marvel

rickshaw1 #804589 04/06/14 12:59 AM
R
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
R
I bet Green Arrow would have a sugar cube arrow in there somewhere to deal with Comet's horsey shenanigans!

I say Mary Marvel beats Thunder because DC will realise they haven't corrupted her to the full extent and Mary will go full pseudo-lesbian Hannibal Lecter on poor Thunder and eat her while making her drink her own tears or something (not that I'm bitter or anything DC!)

Have we had Metamorpho vs Element Lad yet?

rickshaw1 #804590 04/06/14 04:12 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Not yet.

Still going with Element Lad on this one, as he can stop Metamorpho before Rex even gets anywhere near him.

Next:

"best buds" Booster Gold and Blue Beetle vs. "best buds" Cosmic Boy and Live Wire

rickshaw1 #804594 04/06/14 08:02 AM
Tempus Fugitive
Tempus Fugitive
Rokk & Garth on this one over Michael and Ted.

Booster had to steal a flight ring that the others have earned over and over. Besides, as smart as Ted is, the raw power of the Legionnaires easily shorts out/magnetises/repels/fries anything he can come up with.

Aside: Happy that Super Horse was picked up on. Just what I was thinking. Bonus pun points to Ibby for putting "stall" in the sentence.

Aside: deranged Mary Marvel = another ruined DC character = DC editorial idiots.

Next Bout:
Post Crisis Superman vs the Legion's pre Crisis Superboy.

rickshaw1 #804597 04/06/14 08:48 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
On the surface this looks like a mismatch. On other comic book forums, pre-Crisis characters are generally forbidden because they are considered too powerful. I take it that by Post-Crisis Superman we mean the current version. The current version of Superman has a bit of Golden Age ethos about him, while I assume Pre-Crisis Superboy's ethics are based on the Comics Code. While Post-Crisis Superman is less powerful, he would use more brutal force and win.

Are all these matches taking place in a neutral environment?

Obsidian vs. Shadow Lass

Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb
rickshaw1 #804611 04/06/14 01:06 PM
Tempus Fugitive
Tempus Fugitive
I'm going with Obsidian, possibly based on some faulty memory.

Obsidian can become intangible. So although nowhere near as proficient in combat, this should give him a huge advantage. If Shadow Lass gets in a few shots or if their shadow powers make Obsidian tangible, then it would be Shady. But based on what I remember, I'm giving it to Todd.

Anything I reply to has a neutral combat area.

Aside: I was thinking of an established Byrne-era Superman actually, but the point is the same. This was a Superman who could kill as a last resort.

Gravity Boy vs Golden Age Star Man

Emily Sivana #804612 04/06/14 01:10 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
I'm not sure what Obsidian's powers are anymore. But Shadow Lass has better hand to hand skills, and even though Obsidian's more powerful the creeping self-doubt and mental illness inflicted upon him by many writers causes him to crouch in a corner during the fight.

Next:

Apparition vs. Martian Manhunter in a phasing/hand-to-hand combat only fight

Originally Posted by Emily Sivana

Are all these matches taking place in a neutral environment?

I think we can assume that.

Originally Posted by thothkins

Aside: Happy that Super Horse was picked up on. Just what I was thinking. Bonus pun points to Ibby for putting "stall" in the sentence.

Aside: deranged Mary Marvel = another ruined DC character = DC editorial idiots.

Great minds?

I completely agree about Mary Marvel too. Oh well. I suppose heroes aren't allowed to be sweet and innocent and bright and shiny.

rickshaw1 #804764 04/09/14 08:29 PM
K
Leader
Leader
K

Obsidian –vs.- Shadow Lass
Todd has a much greater diversity of powers. He is able not only to cast shadows, but to “inhabit” them, teleport through them, and has access to some weird other-dimensional shadow-realm. He can create solid shadow-constructs, similar to power-ring wielders. In his shadow-form, he can increase his own size, and to an extent, his shape. I imagine that he could even take control of Tasmia’s own shadow-projections, and turn them to his own use. So, yeah, I would agree Obsidian wins.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Phantom Girl –vs.- Martian Manhunter (intangibility only)
I’m not sure I understand what sort of contest is being suggested here. It is certainly not a “rock ‘em, sock ‘em ‘til you drop ‘em” bout.

Perhaps a gauntlet of various substances through which they are required to successively “phase” in some sort of obstacle-course-like race?

The source of their respective powers is very different. Tinya essentially “walks around” objects by traveling off into a fourth spatial dimension. J’Onn’s intangibility is based more on his shape-shifting ability, and his control over his own molecular structure—as when Chameleon Boy once shape-shifted into the form of an “intangible phantom”.

Any sufficiently dense substance, perhaps inertron or neutronium, would probably be impenetrable to the Martian Manhunter, as would any object energized with sufficient power to harm him. (Is there any amount of electrical power sufficient to harm him?) He would probably have some difficulty with really good force fields, as well.

The only thing that would give Tinya any trouble would be a wall which extends out beyond the three-dimensional world: the Time Trapper’s “Iron Curtain of Time”, or a fifth-dimensional Zrfffn barrier of some kind, or some sort of magical obstruction. And I don’t see that J’Onn would have any better luck with any of those, either.

Phantom Girl for the win.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gravity Boy –vs.- Golden Age Starman
Despite Gravity Boy’s time at the Legion Academy, going up against Ted at any point in his career beyond the first couple of years would be a contest of youthful enthusiasm overmatched by greater skill and experience. While Starman’s powers are vested in his star-rod, I don’t believe Gravity Boy would have any success in trying to affect it directly—such as making it too heavy for Starman to lift. After all, it is designed to absorb gravitational energy from the stars!

Golden Age Starman for the win.

Next up:
Mxyzptlk V –vs.- The Phantom Stranger

rickshaw1 #804767 04/09/14 08:51 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Mxy V is the "good" Mxy who joined the Adult Legion, right?

Both combatants then have very broad magical abilities. Based on their portrayals though, I think Phantom Stranger's abilities are broader. I'll go with the Stranger

For Tinya vs MM above, I was thinking of a hand to hand combat exercise where MM is stripped of his enhanced strength, speed and durability but your way works too

Next:

Kid Quantum II vs. Hourman (robot)

rickshaw1 #804906 04/12/14 05:53 AM
Tempus Fugitive
Tempus Fugitive
It would have to be the android. It has control over time as well as all of the normal Hourman abilities. Kid Q is a bit less well defined and I think she'd be well beaten.

Aside: I'd have gone for the reality altering Mr Mxyz over the supernatural Stranger; Tinya's lifelong use of her powers over MM's occasional use of it (drag into Buffer Zone and left there)

Next Bout:

Metamorpho vs Chameleon Boy

rickshaw1 #804913 04/12/14 09:02 AM
R
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
R
Sorry Cham, Metamorpho only has to become a noxious gas and you're down and out!

Vixen vs Timber Wolf?

Page 3 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,021
Posts1,045,242
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
JackMythos
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
TimberBear
TimberBear
st. louis, mo
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star