Roll Call
1 members (Chaim Mattis Keller, Chaim Mattis Keller, Chaim Mattis Keller), 22 Murran Spies, and 18 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/02/24 10:20 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by stile86 - 05/02/24 04:55 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by stile86 - 05/02/24 04:52 AM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Ann Hebistand - 05/02/24 04:44 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by stile86 - 05/02/24 04:40 AM
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by stile86 - 05/02/24 04:33 AM
Postlo3w stories *LATEST UPDATE 1 MAY*
by razsolo - 05/02/24 04:33 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 37 1 2 3 4 5 6 36 37
Re: P. Z. H.---Update 4/10/14 The Remaining Hours Iv
Omni #806752 05/03/14 03:21 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
I think there was a panel in one of the later issues on legion world.. The one where Timber Wolf is first made a legionnaire. I sq in the background Ferro and Wildfire were playing a game and Star Boy,Umbra,And Dreamer were watching.
Glad your liking it and thank you for reading!!

read the adventures of the Reboot Legion!

http://www.legionworld.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=001232
Omni #806771 05/03/14 06:54 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
That was Legion Secret Files 3003, and the panel shows Wildfire chatting with Timber Wolf, while Umbra plays chess with Ferro. So you can still claim the Wildfire-Ferro friendship to be an original idea of yours smile

Omni #807131 05/04/14 10:26 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Thanks IB. Lol you always have the references.

btw I'm loving seeing the differences between our two legions considering we're technically writing the same team and around the same point in their history.

Omni #807133 05/04/14 10:42 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
My Postboot comics collection is just in my bedroom, Omni lol

Yeah, I like how we have different focuses. It's great seeing our different takes on the effects of the Legion's disappearance, and allows us to share ideas too!

Omni #807142 05/04/14 11:28 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
The rest of the night passed too quickly for the Legionnaires. Some slept better than others. But regardless they all woke to say one final group farewell.

Val was the first up as always. He rose with the sun every morning no matter what and this was the first sunrise Val had seen in almost a year. In the void Val was usually the first one up of those who hadn't either been on watch or those who never slept like Drake and Nura. Even though he couldn't see a sunrise Val felt he needed to keep his regiment. It afforded him some comfort in those very uncertain times.

Val sat up on the roof of the new headquarters, meditating. He sat motionless listening to the world around him wake up. Magno rails humming to life as they make their first runs of the day. Trash trucks picking up as they hover down the street. The skyline of Metropolis reflected gently the rising red,yellow, and orange rays of sun light. The rays slowly traveled up Val's abdomen. As it reached his eyes he opened them.

"what a glorious sun rise. Its been so long since I've felt the warmth of the sun. Thank you." Val thought to himself as he stood and bowed to the Sun.

"I figured you'd be up here." Tasmia said as she claimed up on to the roof top.

"Yes. I needed to meditate and the roof is the perfect ad most peaceful place to do so. How did you sleep?" Val said as he turned to face her. His brown eyes glowing with peace.

"good. After our work out, I was exhausted. So I slept well. The beds are more comfortable than I thought they'd be. But anything is more comfortable than trying to sleep in the void and not drift away." Tasmia's smile grew wide.

"I'm glad. Tasmia can I ask you something?"

"is it about last night after the match?" Tasmia was never one for not being confrontational but even she wasn't looking forward to this conversation. She hoped she'd be able to let Val down easy.

"Yes it is. Why did you kiss me?"

"because I wanted to. " Tasmia said as she glided past Val to the edge of roof, holding on to the railing. Her shadow slinked on behind her before gently swirling around her feet and cape.

"you didn't seem to mind." Tasmia said as she smiled to herself.

"no I didn't mind. But I wasn't sure why you had. We've never been on that level with each other before."

"I know. But I wanted to try something new and Val your a strong, wise and fierce warrior. I respect you for that and on my world those are qualities one looks for in a potential mate. But as I'm entertaing the cadet program today, maybe my timing wasn't the best." Tasmia turned to face Val. A small smile was still on her face as she realized she could just let Val let her down. She could see the worry on his face as he searched fir a way to say his next words carefully and not as simple and direct as he usually does.

"no it wasn't. But there is a time and a reason for everything. Unfortunately I think our timing is truly off and as much as I did enjoy my time with you I also don't feel we are very suited for one another on a romantic level." Val's serine voice soothed Tasmia's reaction little.

"I understand Val. Its true we don't have much in common and honestly it was in the heat of the moment." Tasmia said with a devilish grin.

"I understand. " Val said with a smile. As spiritual as he was even he had to admit it was nice to be wanted.

"friends?" Tasmia asked sticking out her hand.

"friends." Val took Tasmia's hand and before he knew what hit him Tasmia gripped his hand tight and twisted his arm around til it was behind his back and she had him in a tight hold. Tasmia smiled widely. Val just grinned as he used his legs to push her back against the railing. Before they knew it the two of the began sparing in the rising sun beams.
"

Last edited by Omni; 05/10/14 10:26 AM.

Omni #807681 05/10/14 08:54 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
I like this scene, it's very realistic. I see Tasmia as the type who wouldn't mind some physical fun with no strings attached. I think theirs is a good friendship and am happy that you are keeping it that way.

Omni #813770 07/05/14 08:01 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Tasmia floated down through the skylight. her shadows gently swirling around her as she descended.

Gear gently floated up ward from the lift tube. His wide white eyes adjusting to the sunlight that was streaming in behind Tasmia's shadowy form. With each ripple of her shadows the sunlight gently strobing over Gear's head.

"Good morning Umbra." Gear said.
"Good morning." Tasmia said as she grabbed a towel off a near by floating Droid near the gym floor.

"Umbra, can I ask you something?"
"Of course."

"From what you've said of how your powers are fueled by a connection to your ancestors and from your reports of when you briefly lost your powers, I was wondering since reentering reality have you experienced any power fluctuations?"

"Hmm...actually no...since our universe was destroyed I've had my powers but no real connection to my ancestors. But since reentering reality I feel different. Stronger...almost. Why do you ask" Tasmia said with a raised eyebrow.

"I was tasked with checking in with everyone about readjusting to reality in regards to their powers. Especially those who've had issues in the past." Gear's almost melodic tone covered his curiosity. Brianiac and him agreed to keep it a secret about this being their reality.

"Well everything is at peak performance. Now if you'll excuse me I need to shower and change into our civilian clothes before the trip to the training academy." Tasmia's shadow's flickered around her before slowly wafting away as she walked to the sonic showers near the back corner of the gymnasium area just behind the floating pool.

As she walked Gear pulled out his Omnicom and took a vibrational pattern reading of her dark field. He compared it to a reading that was done while back with the other legions to make sure they were all fit, as well as this realities vibrational frequency, and their own reality's vibrational frequency just before the fatal 500 hard started tarring apart their reality to call forth their numerous counter parts.

The readings started to confirm his suspicions. Umbra's darkfield match both realities. It was as of the two frequencies were trying to merge; which increased the strength of her darkfield. But Gear noticed that the two frequencies were only merging to a certain degree. They almost seemed to be competing with each other.

"that's very odd. I'll need to keep any eye on that." as Gear thought this to himself he made a mental note to do the same test with all of the energy casters, as they all might be a clue to if this is their home reality or not.

Goodbyes.

Shortly after Gear encountered Umbra the rest of the team began to make their way to the meeting table.

He noticed all the couples coming up and many of them seemed to be ok. Only three couples were going to be split. But he did wonder how this separation would affect their little family of sorts.

"Penny for your thoughts Gear?" Imra said as she and Garth sat down.

"Morning Saturn Girl. Just looking around at all of this I guess I find myself a bit over whelmed. I've never been with a group of people like this for so long." Gear's melodic voice rang in Saturn Girl mind.

"It's because were family now. And as much as I admire your respect for me please call me Imra."

"I'll do my best." Gear said with a polite smile. As much as he meant what he said he hoped that his sentiments and slight sadness would keep Saturn Girl from discovering what's really on his mind.

Cham and Ayla sat down next. Cham's smile is practically from antenna to antenna.

"Morning you two. " Garth said as he hugged his twin sister gently before taking her seat next to Cham.

Garth shot Cham a look with a raised eye brow.

Cham's smile grew a little less wide. But he still held it. Garth smiled back. He was happy his sister had found as good of a guy as Cham.

While the two of them settled into their seats next to Garth and Imra the rest of the team began to filter in.

Those who were in civilian clothes and those still in their legion uniforms. The difference was much bigger than they thought.

"Alright everyone one last time. Legion Roll Call!" Kid Quantum's voice said proudly trying to hold tears back. As strong as she had become, it was still going to be odd to not be with some of them.

"Kid Quantum."
"Cosmic Boy."
"Saturn Girl."
"Live Wire." Garth smiled as he squeezed both Imra and Alya's hands as he said his code name aloud. He really felt like his old self again.
"Spark."
"Chameleon."
"Gear."
"Ferro."
"Wildfire."
"Vi."
"Triad."
"Brainiac 5."
"Invisible Kid."
"Andromeda."
"M'onel."
"Dreamer."
"Umbra."
"Ultra Boy."
"Apparition."
"Sensor."
"Karate Kid."

"And for the record Star Boy is in the hospital and Lonestar and Timber Wolf are missing." Kid Quantum said.

"good morning everyone. Is everyone almost ready and packed? I hope you all slept well and found the civilian clothes easily. "

Each of them shook their heads in agreement or gave a thumbs up in Ultra Boys case.

"So this is it for a little bit guys. But as soon as we get some down time we'll come and visit." Kid Quantum said reassuringly.

"Kid Q, I've changed my mind about the cadet program. I think it be better if I stay a free agent." Wildfire said raising his hand slightly.

" Why Drake?" Ferro said.
"Well as you're all aware my energy is finite and being in a training program with all the drills and all could well kill me."

"But they could have resources that could change your condition." Kid Quantum said.

"I actually think Wildfire is making the right choice. If three Brainiac's weren't able to stabilize him I doubt they could." Brainy chimed in.

"But we weren't there very long and If we we're there longer I'm sure things would have worked out better. But they didn't. And its for the best if I stay out. Trust me on this guys. Besides this squad could use a little extra fire power." Even though Wildfire had no physical features his vibrato allowed the hint of a smug smile behind his navy blue visor.

"OK, Wildfire. We respect your decision. But Brainy, I want you checking in on him and report to Gear for some limited testing. " Kid Quantum's orders were fair and clear. All parties agreed.

"And for the record the free legionnaires are Chameleon, Dreamer,Gear,Invisible Kid, Cosmic Boy, Sensor, M'onel, and Wildfire. You guys are tasked with finding Shikari and Timber Wolf. while Andromeda and Brainy leave for Colu.

"OK, people that's really all that's left. Say final goodbyes we clear out in five minutes. LONG LIVE THE LEGION!! Kid Quantum said holding her ring high in the air.

"LONG LIVE THE LEGION!!" They all said in unison and copying Kid Quantum's lead, raising their rings high in the air.

The two groups separated. The new cadets in their civilian clothes headed to the hover van Brainy had ordered to take everyone where they needed to go.

Watching their friends, their family leave gave each of them a slight pain in their heart.

Omni #813772 07/05/14 08:40 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
I feel the Legionnaires' slight pain at being split up like that. It's going to be weird not having them all together. But I am excited to see what happens next!

Omni #816846 08/13/14 12:36 AM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
The hover bus had arrived and the cadets and the team of Andromeda and Brainy which was referred to affectionately as the Colu away team left the newly constructed Legion headquarters.

The remaining members of the Legion looked around at each other and none sure what to do first. But Comic Boy ever the heart of the Legion and stepped up to rally the troops.

“Ok everyone we should get to work on finding Shikari and Timber Wolf. Any news to report from the mini investigation Live Wire, Ultra Boy and Apparition did?” He said taking his seat again at the holo meeting table.

The others all followed suit.

“From the report they left, it seems there wasn’t much. Some of Brin’s blood was found and some laser cannon residue? ... No sorry, not residue from a cannons but chains that seems to be involved in a scuffle between a couple parties.” Chameleon said as the holo images and holo vids Apparition shot floated in front of them. Chameleon’s eyes shifted into those of a Thangarrian hawk as he studied the footage.

“Don’t forget the massive amounts of security around the scene.” Invisible Kid said as he studied the report on his console.

“They sure are paranoid here.” Wildfire chimed in.

“It is an odd thing. I wonder what happened here to cause this. Our universe is almost a polar opposite to this world.” Sensor said coiling herself up and gently running her hands through her lushes pink hair.

Karate Kid and Chameleon both took notice of Sensor instantly in that moment. Never before had either of them seen Sensor be so relaxed in her new form. None of them had. But both couldn’t help but notice the slight smile on Sensor’s face when she ran her fingers through her hair.

Sensor noticed the two of them looking at her and straightened up immediately, she wasn’t even aware she was playing with her hair. Even though it had been almost a year since her transformation she still marveled at it and was fascinated by it.

Both quickly turned their attention back to the meeting. But both had smiled on their faces. They hoped it showed Sensor that they were glad to see her smile again.

“M’onel didn’t you do some research last night?”

“Hey guys let’s deal with one problem at a time. As curious as I am as to what happened to make this place the way it is. We should find Shikari and Timber Wolf.” Cosmic Boy said trying to steer the conversation back on topic.

“Maybe if I go along this time I could disable the shields and then M’onel can do a seep with his microscopic vision and Chameleon can help look for clues as well that the other team missed.” Gear suggested.

“Sounds like a good idea.” Invisible Kid said giving his approval.

“Ok, your team will head out within the next hour then. Remember to turn your rings on so that they disable the nannites and allow you to use your powers.” Cosmic Boy reminded them.

“If it’s alright I’d like to go back to the hospital and check in on Thom again.” Dreamer asked.

“Of course.” Cosmic Boy responded.

“Do you mind if I come with you?” Sensor asked.

“Not at all.”

“As for the rest of us, we do need to get some intel done about this reality. Before you go did you find anything last night M’onel?”

“Here’s my search history and a few notes I took last night.” M’onel called up his files from the headquarters mainframe and displayed the various saved articles.

“I found that Daxam was once very active in the United Planets. They were one of the leading scientific minds in medicine and the use of solar energy. But about 20 years ago they went on lock down due to a supposed lead virus, which does check out. There were reported incidences across Daxam, which are all still listed on public file. None seemed connected in anyway and at the time Daxam had many visitors…and Daxamites were even starting to venture out. A few of the reports of off world lead poisonings reposted that the virus takes hold almost instantly sending their powers out of control.” M’onel said slowly going through the articles as he slides his fingers across the console in front of him.

“Well… the virus is definitely very real.” Invisible Kid said as he studied the articles and the medical records of a few of the infected Daxamites.

“And there isn’t much press or well news of any sort once Daxam closed its borders. They brought everyone back on planet that they could and quarantined those who contracted the lead virus.” M’onel continued on.

“It’s odd and I can’t really figure it out. Why close off the entire planet and cut communication. If their own medical facilities couldn’t figure it out, then why not reach out to the minds of Colu or to Medicus One.” M’onel’s worry was starting to show again.
None of his teammates have ever seen him show such ties to his home world before.

“Maybe it was only meant to be temporary?” Sensor proposed.

“Perhaps.” M’onel said distantly.

“Did you find anything else?” Dreamer asked trying to keep the conversation moving along.

“No I spent most of the night looking into that.”

“I’ll add it all in with the files I grabbed from Brande Industries. I’ll comb through all of it over the next few hours and see if I can find anything in either area.” Invisible Kid said.

“Also, Cosmic Boy I looked into it and both the Superman and Flash Museums are open and operational. But I looked into reviews, their websites and feeds and they are looked at as more novelties here. Nothing is considered fact. It’s much like the Time Institute, barely funded and barely functional.” Gear informed them.

“Thank you Gear. I’m still willing to check them out if anyone else wants to come along.” Cosmic Boy said.

No one really responded. None of his teammates were history buffs like himself. Both Invisible Kid and Chameleon both knew he’s spend the time correcting the exhibits and talking your ear off about it. But Wildfire didn’t know any better.

“Sure, I’ll go.” He said raising his right hand in a semi wave.
“Great! This should be fun. I’ll just change into some civilian clothes and is there any other order of business before we adjourn for the day?” Cosmic Boy said.

“One thing, since our leader is on an extended mission along with our deputy. Who’s in charge?” Chameleon asked.

“Cham brings up a good point. Legion charter says that it falls to the most senior member of the team which would be Cosmic Boy. Are you up for another term?” Invisible Kid asked playfully considering his own dislike for the job.

“I’m willing. But I’m also willing to have an election if or when things calm down a bit.” Cosmic Boy said.

“Fair enough,” Chameleon said.

“Then that’s everything. I hear by officially close this meeting of the Legion of Super Heroes.” Cosmic Boy said.

Each going their separate ways; Invisible Kid made his way over to the replicator to get some Craggian triple caffeinated coffee before going to the monitor room to dig through all the files.

Lyle was glad that he dodged a bullet back there with the leader. After his first term Lyle had no intentions of leading the team again beyond the occasional mission. Cos was much better suited for it and Lyle knew that everyone felt the same way. Even those that weren’t around for his tenure as leader know he’s the best man for the job.

“Thank grief for Cos.” Lyle thought to himself as he took the first sip of his coffee.

“Ouch hmmm. By damn that’s hot!” Lyle shouted as he entered into the Monitor room. The lights came up automatically as he made his way to the chair sliding his hands over the holo panels, lighting each of them up.

“Well this is going to be a long but very interesting day.” Lyle said to himself as he opened a few of the Brande Industry files.

Omni #816848 08/13/14 04:49 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
The "free" team is off to a good start! Some nice pairings going on there - Sensor/Dreamer, Cos/Wildfire, Cham/Gear/Mon. Definitely not the typical subgroupings. I'm excited to see what they'll find out next! I wonder if anything sinister happened on Daxam.

Omni #816930 08/13/14 06:22 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Timber Wolf and Shikari in an undisclosed Location.

“Uhmmm….”

“Briiin…” a voice whispered.

“Uhgrrmmmm” Timber Wolf groaned.

Timber wolf‘s eye’s barely opened to a sliver as he lay on his back. His body still bound with the special polymer rope; trying his best not to move as he started to wake as even the slightest twitch will set off the automatic restraint locks.

“Brrrriinnnn….” The voice whispered again.

“Ruhhmmhm,,.” Timber Wolf twitched at the whisper this time. Instantly the lock activated sending a 500 volt pulse through Timber Wolf’s entire body.

The lock learns from each time the prisoner moves; learning their strongest areas and targeting them to shut them down and as Timber Wolf has superhuman strength the volts are much higher than most. Trying his best, Timber Wolf tries his best to hone in on the whisper. But the whisper wasn’t accompanied by a sent or any footsteps as Timber Wolf tried to use what strength he had left to use his enhances senses. Shifting his eyes to the left he saw Shikari still passed out in a cage Timber Wolf breathed a bit easier when he saw her arm twitch. But just as relieved as he was he was instantly sacred for Shikari unlit he noticed she was still in her warrior skin; which should give her some more protection from the lock. But Shikari didn’t twitch again in pain. Timber Wolf narrowed his eyes finally noticing that Shikari wasn’t wearing a restraint still.

“Ohh look who’s coming around.” Timber Wolf heard a voice say from behind him.
Timber Wolf wanted to roll over but he knew that if he did the restraints would shock him again.

“It’s OK you can roll over. I’ll make sure it doesn’t shock you.” The voice said the tone was malicious in nature but Timber Wolf needed to see who it was that was keeping him hostage. Timber Wolf slowly rolled over closing his eyes tight.

“Hello doggy.” The voice said.

“Wh..Who..”

“Who am I? Did you forget your master already?” I’m Grimbor the chain's men.” He said bending down on his hind legs in front of Timber Wolf. He turned his head to look Timber Wolf in the eyes as he smiled.

“You’re not my master. I have no master.” Timber Wolf spat.

“We’ll see about that.” He said with a snide smile.

“These ropes will break at some point.” Timber wolf said as he tried to push himself up inside his cage.

“You can try all you want. They won’t break.” Grimbor said standing and making his way back to his work bench.

Timber Wolf did his best to look around and try and memorize everything he could about the room. He hoped that Saturn Chick could pick up his thoughts where ever they were.

“Don’t bother looking for an escape route. You’ll never find one or the door for that matter.” Grimbor said as he returned to tinkering with a new gadget. Adjusting his goggles back over his eyes, he sparked up his laser tuner.

“I’ll find a way out. Trust that.” Timber Wolf started to try and think as loudly as he could as his accelerated healing had started kicking in, now that the volts had stopped coursing through his body.

“Little pup the only way you’ll find a way out is when I lead you out on your leash.”

“You haven’t broken me and you never will.” Timber Wolf tried his best to keep Grimbor distracted and at ease as he worked on the polymer rope with his claws, even though they were bound behind his back. He concentrated hard to make them grow just enough. When he noticed several designs on the holo-screen just above Grimbor’s work bench, the designs headings had the Brande Industry’s logo flashing across the top. The design was of an power cannon, much like the one Timber Wolf remembered seeing on the roof where they encountered Grimbor.

“That’s odd. I never knew Brande Industries made weapons…Does he work for them?” He thought to himself.

“You’ve gone quiet little dog. What are you doing over there?” Grimbor noticed Timber Wolf studying the design and quickly shut down the screen.

“What did you do to her?” Timber Wolf snarled. He wasn’t sure if Grimbor had heard them use each other’s names earlier and he wasn’t about to give him Shikair’s. Timber Wolf had lead his gang long enough to know that names have power and anything that Grimbor learned about them could be used against them somehow.
“Oh her? She’s fine. That skin of hers is rather tough. I’ve yet to break through. But I will in time. It’s all about triggers.” Grimbor said as he gestured towards Shikari.

“Yeah, triggers huh? I’ve got a trigger for you.”

“Really?”

“Yeah!” Timber Wolf had finally ripped the rope apart. Jumping up to reach through the cage and using his super strength to try and bend the bars.

Grimbor didn’t flinch at all. His eyes hidden behind the black goggles and the rest of his face expressionless as Timber Wolf grabbed out for him. But the bars didn’t budge and quickly the bars heated up burning Timber Wolf’s hands.

“AhhhhhhRRRRRhhh!” Timber Wolf screamed.

“Very good try and thank you.”

“For what?” Timber Wolf said between clenched teeth as he sucked in the pain.

“Testing out a prototype cage I made. You’re proving to be very useful for testing out my new devices. I think this will prove to be very informative.” He said with a calm smile.

“But I need to concentrate now.” Grimbor pushed a button on his wrist and before Timber Wolf knew what hit him, the bars he had been leaning on sent 5000 volts through his body knocking him out instantly.

“He is going to be a great test subject.” He said smiling to himself.

Omni #816950 08/13/14 09:24 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Yikes! the link between Grimbor and Brande Industries is both interesting and troubling. I think you got Grimbor's character down well. Same for Timber Wolf, love the way he thinks like a hunter.

Omni #817210 08/16/14 02:39 AM
R
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
R
I wouldn't want to be Grimbor when Brin gets outta there...he might be pushing up daisies in more than one universe wink

I dig the nod to Cos being a history buff...should be fun seeing him and Wildfire at the superhero museums!

Omni #818201 08/26/14 05:58 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Thanks guys and thanks for sicking with me i know this is a slow labor of love for me. lol.

I'm so glad Grimbor is believable. I've never really read anything with him. So i've kind of been guessing. I'm hoping to have some stuff up for you guys soon!

Omni #818855 09/03/14 08:05 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Gear, Chameleon, M’onel (searching part II)

“Boys ready to do some investigating?” Chameleon said as he leaned up against the hover car Brainy had got them.

“Nice, ride Cham, but wouldn’t it be less conspicuous to fly?

“Naww figured it be best to take the hover car. We can park a block away and then make our way to the crime scene unnoticed. Which the two of you should probably change your cloths.” Cham said as he pointed up and down to the two of them who were still clad in their legion uniforms.

“He does make an accurate assumption. We need to act as inconspicuous as possible right now, especially with your current status M’onel.”

M’onel had to retrain himself at the thought of being dangerous in this new world. But without breaking his calm exterior he agreed and both he and Gear returned to their quarters to change. Chameleon checked out the hover car while he waited.

The car was standard issue, white no flashy colors or lights.

“Very nice, very inconspicuous Brainy.” Chameleon thought to himself.

“This will do nicely. Gets us from point A to point B and is fairly fast from what these read outs say.” Chameleon sat in the driver’s seat looking at the monitors and checked to see if their destination had been preprogrammed in.

M’onel was the first to come up with a simple blue jacket and white t-shirt with a pair of pants, while Gear emerged with an all black version of his uniform but with the sleeves cut off showing his arms completely and a blue jacket. He also wore a pair of sunglasses.

“Gear what are you wearing?”

“I choose something that would function in an undercover situation. Dark colors, with something to hide your face, preferably something that can hide distinguishing facial factors such as eyes, which as mine are a glowing white currently, would stand out if we are apprehended.”

“Gear, as well thought out as your look is. We need a bit less conspicuous. Maybe if you lose the all black and maybe change your pants or something, make it less of a uniform…” Chameleon said as he morphed into Gear with the outfit moderations to show him.

“I see. That does look a bit less conspicuous.” Gear stood there and instantly Gear made a slight shift as a greenish ripple went down his legs changing his pants to blue.

“I interfaced with the pants technology to change them more efficiently.”

“Which means you’re still in your legion uniform, because your clothes are just a construct of your organic machinery, isn’t it?” Chameleon said as his antennae twitched. Studying Gear for the first time really beyond the peripheral.

“Precisely. I only left to change as it seems customary.”

“Yeah I guess it is. Haha.” Chameleon said as they all climbed into the hover car.

The three of the quickly took off, the hanger doors opened effortlessly, as they zoomed up into the sky. Gear piloted the hover car, quickly finding the on ramp to the hover lanes they made their way to the neighborhood near the crime scene. It hadn’t even been a day since the last search team was here and it was sure to reason that the crime scene would still be locked off to any prying eyes. Gear drove east from the warehouse having to take the long way as that’s how the hover traffic was going. Gear enjoyed the ride more than he thought. He never got a chance to drive a hover car much and even though he’d been with the Legion for over a year now he still marveled at the little things, such as driving with the wind rushing over his bald head and how amazing it felt.

Chameleon kept his smile from the night before as he his mind began to drift into detective mode. He thought maybe an earth blood hound would be good to not draw to much attention and have the sense of smell to track them.

Meanwhile M’onel’s face remained serious as he sat in the back seat on the ride. M’onel did his best to try and not seem too gloomy but just as much as he wanted to find his teammates he wanted to not be forced to leave them if they got caught. He promised the Science Police he’d leave Earth. They said nothing about him having to return Daxam but that I just wasn’t allowed to be planet side.

“We have arrived.” Gear said as he gently glided the car to a side street and parked the car at a hover meter.

“Does anyone have credit for the meter?” Gear asked

“Hold your I.D. card up to it and it should access your personal account or the group account.” M’onel said.

Gear’s palm lifted, and rose up the I.D. card inside a holder in his palm. Gear rested it on the meter’s screen. A flash of green light and the transaction was done.

“We are paid for up to one hour.” Gear said as they got out of the car. Before Chameleon got out he used his shape shifting to camouflage himself before he morphed into that of an earth blood hound. Rounding the car to stand by Gear, who extended a green cable from his right wrist and rapped it first around his wrist and then down and around Chameleon’s neck.

“Good idea Gear.” Chameleon thought to his two teammates as he switched to using the telepathic ear plugs.

“M’onel, I have no reports of any Science Police details in the area. Do you hear anything?” Gear asked as he studied his Omnicom.

“Nothing. Perhaps we should call me something other than my code name when were undercover…or out not in uniform.” M’onel said.

“Of course. What shall I call you?”

Chameleon raised his head and looked at M’onel, Chameleon knew his other identity but Gear didn’t and right now M’onel wasn’t sure what he was going to answer with.

“Just call me Lar.” M’onel breathed a sigh of relief when he said it. It had been so long since he had said his own name to himself. He hadn’t been just Lar in more than 1000 years. He knew it was risky to do so but he needed a name he knew he would respond to.

“Alright, well then Lar we are clear to precede to the scene.”
The three of them walked at a leisurely pace, they were just two men out for a walk with their dog. Two blocks and not word were said between any of them. Gear was busy with his Omnicom researching the area, to see if there were places nearby that someone could have left to or through any subway vents. While Blood hound Chameleon sniffed his way to the crime scene seeing how far away he could pick up the scent of either Timber Wolf or Shikari. He thought maybe it might even lead away from the crime scene and to the two of them. M’onel kept an ear out Science Police and anyone who might be talking about what happened. But there wasn’t anything. When they reached the crime scene they were astonished to discover that the shielding had been removed.

“Guys what’s going on?” Chameleon thought as he sniffed around and Gear retracted his cord.

A flashing yellow holo sign remained where the shielding had once been.

The three of them approached the flashing sign tentatively.

“It’s a public notice sign. Telling people to please avoid the area but its seclusion has ended.” Gear said.

“But why?” M’onel asked.

Gear’s finger tip flipped up and a thin, green organic cord with a holo adaptor on the end. Interfacing with the holo signs matrix Gear unlocked the files stored within it that are only associable by the Science police when checking in.

“They cleared it of any significant to any other ongoing investigations. And they’ve gathered as much evidence as they can from the site. The car was removed before Live…I mean Garth’s team arrived.”

“So we can look around without interference now?” Chameleon thought.

“Yes, it does seem that way. That was fairly quick for a crime scene investigation. But the records do show that there wasn’t much found.” Gear said as he continued to read the file.

“I’ll sniff around. See what I can smell…there’s defiantly more than Timber Wolf and Shikari’s scents…” Chameleon thought as he slowly walked around the area.

“I’ll head up to that roof area…maybe there is something up there.” M’onel said as he gently floated upward.

“Garth’s team showed chain residue, as well as body length smudges and dried blood, which was already confirmed to be that of Timber Wolf and Shikari.”
M’onel flew up and ran his x-ray vision, telescopic vision over the roof top twice and came up with nothing.

Gear and Chameleon floated up to the roof and looked around as well. Each doing their own scans, Chameleon sniffing around for another scent and Gear running energy scans near where the cannon was.

“The energy readings are conclusive with that of a high powered energy cannon… but it’s make and model and energy output don’t seem standard for this reality according to their weapons department.”

“You hacked into the Weapons Department?”

“Our Omnicom’s, as well as our headquarters have access to all of this realties data bases just as we did in our home reality and when we registered Brainy used a code to gain us access to every data base, so in a sense yes I have hacked in. But as paranoid as this reality is they actually allow public access to this site and its rules and regulations on weapons as well as specifications for every make and model.” Gear’s melodic tone informed them.

“Alright. So the cannon could have been a test model.” Chameleon said as he morphed back into his standard legion form.

“True…but then why was it firing on Officer Erin and Cuzmon’s squad car?” M’onel asked as he landed next to Gear as they both looked over the ledge of the roof.

“It could have been a hit. Police are known to make enemies.” Chameleon said.

“It doesn’t seem as calculated as that. The scorch marks on the ground suggest a random pattern and the puncture holes on the squad car also indicate that.” Gear said as he looked up the file on his Omnicom.

The wind gently rushed past the three of them as the clouds above them moved casting a slight shadow over the roof top.

“That possibly means Brin and Shikari stumbled upon a randomly firing cannon and its operator. That still puts us nowhere close to figuring out where they went. Why take them? Why not just leave them?” Gear asked.

“Maybe they saw something they shouldn’t have.” M’onel offered.

“Like the cannon.” Chameleon said as he crossed his arms to ponder a bit more.

“Gear, are there any other energy signatures nearby?

“I’ll run a scan. Is there something specific I should be looking for?”
“I’m thinking a personal transporter of sorts, so maybe a warp signature or anything from star gate to threshold, hell even try Gate’s teleportation energy signature.”

“You think, they teleported out with the cannon operator?” M’onel asked.

“I do. It’s the only way to explain the lack of any foot prints beyond what’s here on the roof and if Timber Wolf and Shikari were subdued like these smudges suggest, I doubt they flew out of here with the cannon operator. Plus there’s no scent. Their scents literally disappear.”

“Beep!Beep!”

“Got something?” Chameleon crossed to Gear to look at his Omnicom.

“Yes, we do. It appears that there are two spots. Here where we are right next to where the cannon must have been and the other over by the smudges. The signatures are the same.”

“But what are they?” Chameleon asked specifically. He wondered if someone in this reality may have actually found out about threshold technology and maybe away to navigate it without the Kawi.”

“It seems it resembles that of the drones. The drones had personal star gate drives and this one is like that but a bit more advanced. It has a higher energy output and its signature is not traceable to location. It doesn’t leave a wake of any sort.”

“Back to square one.” M’onel said.

“Not at all. We have the energy signature now. It may not be traceable to a location but it doesn’t mean we can’t track it when it reappears.” Chameleon said determinedly.

“Gear, can you create a miro-transmitter that we can leave here? See if the energy reappears here again? There had to be a reason the cannon operator chose this roof to begin with.”

“Yes.” Instantly Gear’s ear opened up and separated as a short green rod pushed out what looked like a small round dot. Gear placed it on his finger as revealed it to the two of them.

“Will this do?”

“What can it do?”M’onel asked looking at Chameleon with a furrowed brow.

“It will transmit directly to me and to our headquarters computers any reoccurrence of the energy signature, as the one that is here is currently degrading that if it appears again the sensor will detect it.”

“Then there we have it. Place it on the base of the wall here.” Chameleon said pointing to the left of Gear.

Attaching the sensor to the wall the three of them looked at each other.

“Should we maybe do a sweep of the city see if we can find the signature elsewhere?”

“Yes, I think that’s a good idea Lar.” Chameleon said with a smile.

“Then we are at square two?” Gear asked.

Both M’onel and Chameleon looked at him and smiled.

“Square two it is.” M’onel said as he began to float up.

The two of them followed suit an all three floated back down to the street. Chameleon morphed back into the blood hound. Walking back to the hover car didn’t say much. But they at least felt like there was a chance that they would find their friends.

Last edited by Omni; 09/23/14 05:34 PM.

Omni #818866 09/04/14 02:48 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
I loved the interaction between Mon, Gear and Cham! Cham as the crafty detective was great, and the scene with him telling Mon and Gear to change was excellent. Gear's fascination at the little things like the wind running over his head was very nice to read, as was Mon's inner turmoil about the status of Daxamites in this reality.

Can't wait for the next installment!

Omni #818878 09/04/14 08:12 AM
R
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
R
Haha I actually got a laugh out of Gear's "I just got changed in private because it seems the done thing", and Cham's amusement at that. He's probably one of the few Legionnaires who would have that perspective along with Gear. I love seeing little bits like that which point out that some of these characters are quite alien to us smile

Good work bringing up the allusion to Valor being worshipped too, it's always interesting when that pops up!

updated 9.20.14
Omni #821614 09/20/14 05:13 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Cosmic boy and Wildfire (Superman and Flash Museum)

Rokk flew up the lift tube to the main floor after changing into a pair of pale blue slacks, which if you looked at them the right way were reminiscent of his Legion Uniform, his shirt was a mustard yellow mesh short sleeve poly mesh. Rokk also had a jacket in his hand that was a light track jacket that was fire engine red.

Wildfire waited on the couches watching a little Holo TV while waiting for Cosmic Boy to come up.

“Hmmmm… not much seems to be on. I guess that’s the one thing that’s the same in ever reality and time, never anything on TV.” Wildfire thought to himself as he clicked off the Holo TV. Rokk came into the common area as the Holo TV shimmered away.

“All set Drake. Are you ready?”

Rokk said adjusting his collar as they left the

“As I’ll ever be. I never did the museum route before.”

“Really? But isn’t Xanthu known for some of its museums?” Rokk said without thinking that this might bring Drake down.

“It is…But I was never able to take part in that. I wasn’t like most kids. I had my powers by the time I was ten and was kind of a hazard to most people. I hadn’t learned control yet and I was in training.” Drake said distantly. It was clear his mind drifted to his former lives from time to time.

“Well these two are the best place to have your first experience, at least in my opinion.” Rokk said with a genuine smile. He was surprised that Drake had talked about his past lives at all but that it had happened twice in one day was something of notice.

“OK, let’s get going. Are we flying?”

“We probably should take a magno rail there. It will draw less attention to us.”

“You’re probably right. But both Dreamer and Sensor took off on their rings.”

“They’ve got Senor’s powers to conceal them.”

“Cosmic Boy, you can still use your rings when ever. I’ve changed the cloaking settings on all of our rings to hide us from all surveillance technology. Just fly high enough and not too close to any buildings and land in an ally and you should be fine.” Gear said as he passed through.

“See. Flying it is.” Drake’s voice had a satisfied tone to it and before Rokk could rebut he was already up and out the sky light.

Rokk reluctantly took off after Drake but as he flew him two had grown a smile.

Rokk tried to catch up to Drake but he was already so far up head that, Rokk enjoyed his moment to just fly up high and glide. He remembered the first time he put on this ring, the first time they all did and they zoomed around the headquarters. That was a life time ago in Rokk’s mind but in real time it was just under five years ago. The legion had been around for five years and in that time the team has grown and shrank so many times he’s lost count. But they always found their way back.

The metropolis skyline was beautiful as he flew up higher above the warehouse district. The morning sun had risen and it was a warm spring day. The breeze Rokk felt as he flew brushed his skin and brought the smell of sea salt as the ware house district was located just north of the Metropolis bay. Rokk never took much time off when the legion was based in Metropolis but the few times he did he found the marina to be a nice place to go. Rokk flew farther away from the warehouses and the smell began to fade. Rokk kept his eyes peeled for signs of air traffic and Drake. Focusing on his ring it guided him to the first of the museums

“Hey Boss!” Drake yelled as he saluted him matching speed with Rokk.

“Drake! Where’d you go?”

“Sorry just went for a stretch. So this way to the museums?”

“Yes. We should be there soon.” Rokk flew on to the museum his excitement was mounting. He wondered if there was an exhibit about Superman during his time when they were in the late 20th –early 21st century. In their own reality the Superman museum was fairly wrong about most of their information.

The day was perfect for flying the two of them soared high above Metropolis. The city below them looked like a grid lay out so methodically. The marina and the warehouse distract gave way to the shops and the restaurants; which also catered to the tourist industry. Beyond that was the historical and residential district. The museum was on the boarder of the two as it fit both qualifications.

“They sure put a lot of thought into placement huh?” Wildfire said.

“They sure did.”

“Does that mean the Flash Museum is close by?”

“According to my ring, they should be right next to each other…” Rokk trailed off as he looked down and saw that they were definitely close. Wildfire and Rokk gently glided down to an alleyway across the street. Exciting the shadows the two made their way to the front entrance and rising high above their heads the giant holo sign of “THE SUPERMAN AND FLASH MUSEUM, circling around a globe each shimmering their signature colors of reds, blues, and yellows.

Rokk’s smile faded for a moment.

“They’re the same place. Weren’t they separate?” Wildfire asked.

“Yeah they were….” Rokk trailed off as they ascended the stone steps to the main entrance.

“It could still be a good museum.” Wildfire tried to reassure Rokk with a pat on the back.

“Hopefully.” Rokk said trying to regain his excitement.

The two of them entered the museum; the giant main hall area was filled with a large concessions and souvenir store on the left and several rooms and hallways off from it. Two huge golden statues stood at the center. The statues were of Superman and the Flash, standing at 20 feet tall and below them was a small information desk. Sitting at the desk was a young woman with spunky auburn red hair and freckles for days. Her smile was very warm and welcoming.

“Hi and welcome to the Superman and Flash Museum. I’m Jenny. Would you like to sign up for a tour guide?” she said as she held out a holo pad for them to sign up on. There were no other names on list. As Rokk looked around he realized that there didn’t seem many other patrons at all.
“Not a very busy day?” Wildfire said to Jenny.

“It’s Tuesday. Tuesdays are usually slow. But we’re open rain or shine.” She said with a smile and a twinkle in her blue eyes.

Wildfire nudged Rokk. Rokk gave a half smile before he spoke.

“No thank you Jenny. We’ll just walk our selves around.” Rokk smiled as he nodded before walking towards his upper left just past the information desk and to the first hallway.

“Wait up boss!” Wildfire called as he jogged to catch up with Rokk. He gave Jenny a nod as he left. She smiled warmly before returning to facing the front entrance.

“What are the odds she’s real?” Wildfire asked as he caught up to Rokk.

Rokk looked back at the young red head and saw her smile ever unwavering.

“Bot for sure.” Rokk kept his face blank as he said this because in his heart it caused another crake as he saw how these heroes’ legacies didn’t mean much here.

“So where to first?” Wildfire asked as he looked around. There were rooms off of the main hallway, which was outfitted with ever changing holograms of the two heroes facing off against some of their foes. It wasn’t a very long hallway. Two rooms on either side for each hero and then there’s a corner just past the second room on the Superman side of the hallway.

“This room here is for Superman’s early life. According to the holo panel it covers from his arrival on earth to just before he left for Metropolis.” Rokk said.

“Why not. Do you know a lot about this part of his life?” Wildfire asked as they walked into the room. The room was much larger than it seemed from the outside. There were many different types of farm equipment and holo’s of the Kents. There was even a life size hologram of the Kent Farm house.

“Wow, didn’t realize Supe’s was a farm boy.”

“Yeah, Superman came from humble begins. I know his adopted parents the Kent’s found his ship when it crashed, which there is a replica of it over there. But I’m afraid my knowledge about this era of his life I don’t know much about.”

“That’s alright. It seems they don’t have that much in this room. What takes up most of the space is the life size holo- image of the Kent’s farm.”

The two of them left the room and moved to the next room which housed a predominately green room with two giant statues of a man and woman standing on either side of the planet Krypton. Each dressed in green and black body suits. Along the walls various holo images of Kryptonian society changed. There was a replica of The Bottle City of Kandor, on a pedestal. Throughout the room there were various replicas of Kryptonian devices. Both noticed that not much really was in this room either. Choosing to move on the two of them continued to explore the Superman side of the main hallway. Reaching the corner after the second room, revealed a mini auditorium with a holo screen the size of the entire back wall.

“It seems they have a movie about Superman’s exploits. Any interest in seeing this?” Rokk asked.

“How long is it?” Wildfire asked tentatively.

“Two hours and forty minutes.” Rokk responded trying to hide his excitement.

“Maybe we’ll come back to that. What’s the next room?” Wildfire said walking on.

“This room is for his allies.” They said entering the room.

The room was much larger than it appeared; filled with statues and various holo’s of other heroes from the era. This room was at the very end of the hall and as the two of them looked around saw that it was organized from left to right. The left being those that were exclusively allies of Superman’s going towards the center to where there was much more of a cross over featuring the likes of the Justice League and then shifting to those that were exclusive to the Flash. Staring with Superman Rokk and Wildfire walked on. The allies were further subdivided into groups and their relation to Heroes.

“This is wrong.” Rokk said as he crossed his arms and looked at the very first statue they looked at.

“What’s wrong?” Wildfire said.

“This is. This is Mister Miracle. He was a member of the Justice League for a time and here they have him as a member of the Doom patrol.”

“What if he was? I mean this is a different reality isn’t it? It’s could have a completely different past.”

“You make a good point. But it still just seems wrong. Mister Miracle is a New God and a Justice League member and not a member of the Doom Patrol.” Rokk said. With a smile. He knew he had to let his expectations go and even his knowledge of this time go as well. Wildfire was right. This worlds’ present was already so different from theirs how could its past be similar.

They continued on with Rokk still pointing out the differences in each statue. Wildfire at first listened intently. He thought some of them were pretty interesting such as that here Wildcat was a boxer turned giant cat while in our home reality he was a boxer turned here who was an ordinary human who fought the extraordinary; much like their own Karate Kid, but as Rokk continued on with practically every statue Wildfire found himself zoning out.

Soon as Wildfire walked along just behind Rokk stopping every few steps he found himself nodding off before Rokk finished talking. Each statue they spent at least 10 minutes talking about them. However Rokk didn’t even notice. He was so enthralled by the difference and similarities that at one point he had finished talking and had moved on without Wildfire as he continued to sleep. Rokk had made it to almost the midway point where he was standing in front of the Justice League’s statues and holo-images.

Rokk turned back to ask Wildfire what he thought about the changes between Robin of this world and the one of the Robin of ours as Wildfire had actually met him. When he saw him sleeping Rokk just shook his head before turning back to the exhibit. Crossing his arms and looking out the corner of his eye, Rokk gently pulled on Wildfires ring trying to wake him up. But when that didn’t work, Rokk pulled full force sending Wildfire falling to the floor.

“Huh!? What did I miss?” Wildfire said as he had finally fallen asleep after billions of years of never sleeping.

“For someone who doesn’t sleep, you were out like a light.” Rokk said smiling as he faced the exhibit.

“Sorry boss. But I’m no history buff and besides a lot of this talk about alternate realities makes my head hurt.”

“Ha. Fair enough.” Rokk said.

The two of them went to move on to the next statue in the Teen Titans sub section when Rokk noticed that one of the holo-images was started to flicker out and swirl around.

“Cosmic Boy! It has been ages since I’ve gotten the chance to play!” popped his head out of the swirling lights of the holo-image.

Cosmic Boy stood in shock as the out pouring of light and the suction of the winds from Domain’s now exposed and open coat intensified.

“Domain? How did you find me?”

“I keep my targets in mind always. Just because I’ve been away doesn’t mean I forgot about my contract. As formidable as you are, a deal is a deal.” Domain said as he raised his arms intensifying the winds more.

Wildfire grabbed hold of Rokk’s arm as he held onto a Statue of one of the Metal Men. Wildfire figured he looked sturdy enough to hold on to. But as the two held on and the pull became stronger the statue started to come unhinged from the floor. Wildfire tried to blast the floor to melt the statue to the floor but the winds prevented him from getting off a decent shot. Rokk tried to magnetize anything he could in the room to find an anchor but Domain had erected a field around the two stopping them from reaching anything beyond the statue Wildfire held onto. Before long the two were flung into the bright lights of Domain’s open coat and just as quickly as it had all began once they were through the lights and wind disappeared.

Last edited by Omni; 09/20/14 05:22 PM.

Re: updated 9.20.14
Omni #821696 09/20/14 10:06 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Oh, interesting bit about Wildfire starting to talk about his individual past lives. Is this a symptom of his slow unraveling?

Rokk's flashback to their first flight ring experience was effective. It's nice to see the moments when the Legionnaires just enjoy being Legionnaires! Loved their excitement to fly.

The scene with Wildfire getting bored and dozing off while Cos was getting all excited was so effective! I think you pulled it off really well.

Looking forward to seeing where Domain takes them!

Omni #822084 09/23/14 04:54 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Glad you liked it IB.

You know me too well. Wildfire's got a ride ahead of him.

Domain is going to have some fun with Cos this time.

I'm glad the little touches such as Cos remembering the flight rings and Wildfire's boradum worked out. I wasn't sure if it needed to be longer.

Last edited by Omni; 09/23/14 04:58 PM.

razsolo #822086 09/23/14 05:07 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Originally Posted by razsolo
Haha I actually got a laugh out of Gear's "I just got changed in private because it seems the done thing", and Cham's amusement at that. He's probably one of the few Legionnaires who would have that perspective along with Gear. I love seeing little bits like that which point out that some of these characters are quite alien to us smile

Good work bringing up the allusion to Valor being worshipped too, it's always interesting when that pops up!

Thanks Raz.

I felt the same way. its funny because i originally had that scene between Cos and Wildfire. but thought it worked better with them.

i'm still having an troubling describing Gear's power's from time to time. so i'm glad it works and hope consistent.

Omni #822121 09/23/14 11:02 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Originally Posted by Omni

I'm glad the little touches such as Cos remembering the flight rings and Wildfire's boradum worked out. I wasn't sure if it needed to be longer.

I love these little touches. With them, you show that you really have a good handle on these characters!

Re: updated 10.01.14
Omni #823146 10/01/14 04:46 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Dreamer and Sensor (hospital part II)

Dreamer and Sensor left almost immediately after the meeting had ended and were now flying through the skies of Metropolis towards the hospital.

The two flew the way Dreamer had flown the day before which took them through the city. Using her powers Sensor masked them from noticing that they were flying.

“Senor, I think you can drop the illusion. I flew through here yesterday and no one noticed.”

“I don’t know. This reality is so ridged and those people earlier, if you could have seen their minds the way I did. We scared them.”

“I think that might just have more to do with the abruptness of our entrance. I can only imagine what they saw on this end as we were trying to renter. Maybe there was a giant storm or winds like we felt.” Dreamer’s clear blue-gray eyes faced forward as she led Sensor on.

“I suppose you make a good point, dear. But there are no people flying around like us and it’s not done without consequence it seems. That is why the team was arrested, and we can’t afford to get caught.”

“But we’re registered.”

“Yes but I believe flying isn’t listed in either of our power sets. They might want to know how we do so.”

“True they might. But they might not. They might just care that were registered and at that point we could turn off the rings to show them once they run our I.D.’s” Dreamer said as they landed just a block from the hospital.

“By the way, I think you should take yours out now. Were about to be questioned.” Dreamer said with a smile and a flick of her platinum blonde hair.

“Hello Officer. Can we help you?” Dreamer said calmly.

Sensor’s eyes blinked twice as she saw the portly officer walk over to them. He was human and from earth but he was a very large man as his uniform hugged him tight. She realized Dreamer must have had a vision while they were in root to the hospital.

“Yes, I just saw you two ladies land. Now I know you’re not allowed to use any sort of power unauthorized. Are you currently registered?”

“Yes we are officer. Here are our I.D.’s.” Dreamer turned to Sensor and took her I.D. card and handed it to the officer. Instantly they both put their hands behind their backs and switched their rings off, putting them back on the grid.

“Hmm..Alright miss...Hela Fil and miss Dyna Wrrall. I see you are registered. Thank you and please be more careful about your use.” The officer said handing back the two I.D.’s and continued on his way past them.

“Why didn’t you just let me use my illusion powers on him to make him think we weren’t really there?” Sensor said once the officer was out of ear shot.

“I had a vision and that was supposed to happen.”

“You’re having visions even about mundane things like that?”

“Sometimes.” Dreamer said flatly.

“I don’t think about it much anymore. I just follow or interpret what they tell me.” She said her eyes barely blinking.

“I see.”

The two walked straight ahead into the hospital. It was just as Nura had left it this morning before she returned for the meeting. The lobby was full of sentient’s waiting to be seen. Doctors and orderly’s going about their business. Sensor coiled herself up and floated as she used her powers to take on her once familiar humanoid illusion.

Dreamer just turned and looked at her inquisitively.

“It’s so I can float and not disturb any wires without being questioned every ten steps.”

“Good point.”

They walked to the jump tube and walked down the hall to Thom’s room. Nura felt herself wishing for Thom to already be awake when she gets there.

“I just want to talk to him. That’s all I want.” Nura thought to herself.

But Thom was laying there in the same position Nura had left him in the day before.

“He’s looking good. Well rested and he’s not sending out any signs of distress.” Sensor said as she brushed her hand across his forehead.

“That’s good to know.” Nura walked around to the other side of the bed taking the same comfy seat she had the night before.

“Are you alright dear?” Sensor asked as she dropped her illusion and coiled up next to Thom’s bed across from Nura.

“I’m fine. I just miss talking to Thom…I mean Danny.” Nura corrected herself with a slight headshake causing strands of her platinum blond hair to fall over her left eye. Tucking the hair back behind her ear she stiffens herself up a little bit.

Nura’s vision clouds over for a second before revealing her to be somewhere else.

“Where…”Nura trailed. She looked around her seeing Thom’s hospital room gone and replaced with a small floating table next to her chair. Nura noticed the chair hadn’t changed though. As a light breeze gently blew across her cheeks she caught the scent of the Frill Sea back on Naltor and as she looked up the sky was filled with a large full moon.

“Sensor…are you behind this?”

“Clearly dear. I figured I’d give you a chance to talk to Thom.”

“How? I didn’t think he was reachable telepathically…”

“He seems rather responsive now. Maybe he just needed some rest before.” As Sensor’s voice said soothingly as it wafted in on the wind.

Slowly a fog rolled in and with it walked Thom.

“Hello Nura.”

“Thom!” Nura stood and hugged him tightly. Her eyes watering just a little.

“It’s good to see you too.” Thom said as he staggered and held her tight.

“I’m so glad you’re OK. I knew you were going to be OK but it’s just nice to know. You know?” Nura smiled at Thom.

“I know what you mean.”

“Thank you Sensor.” Nura said as the wind washed over them.

“Anytime.”

“Hey Sensor, I know this is your illusion and all but do you think you could give us a moment?” Thom said as music suddenly began to play.

“Of course. Enjoy.”

The fog began to roll in and fill the floor up to their knees and the moon dimmed. The floating table moved closer along with Nura’s hover chair that had morphed into a love seat for her and Thom.

In the real world Sensor moved close to Nura and helped her sit back down in the hover chair by Thom’s bed.

“Thom, I’ve missed you. You’ve had us all pretty worried.”

“Hey I saved the day though didn’t I?” Thom said with a side smile and a raised eye brow.

“Yeah and that last one got you here. We’ll that and the temporal energies from Starman.” Nura said as she moved into the nook of Thom’s arm’s.

“Ahhh so that’s what some of those vision were about. I saw him and a few other Starboy’s but I just thought I was dreaming.”

“Nope. It seems you Starboy’s have a thing for getting yourselves into some pretty impossible situations. I think that’s something you might want to work on. You know trying not to always be the last hero standing.”

“Dreamy… you know me to well. But I just have to give it my all. It’s all I know how to do and I owe it to him.” Thom’s gaze drifted for a moment.

“Thom…there’s something I have to tell you.”

“What is it?”

“Leviathan…Gim is alive in this reality.” Nura sat up as she said this to him. Thom’s eyes widened a bit.

“He is?” Thom said with a lump.

“Yes, and he’s one of the instructors at the academy.”

“What academy?”

“Sorry, I forgot you’re not up to date. The team’s split up a bit. The majority has enrolled into a cadet program that trains people with special abilities for a special unit of the Science Police. They pull from all over the U.P.”

“So their version of the Legion?”

“No… More military police unit and less diplomatic mission of coexistence.” Nura said.

“Most of the team has joined? Did you?”

“No. I didn’t want to make that commitment until I knew you were OK.”

“Well I’m glad you waited for me.”

“You want to join the cadet program when your better. Don’t you?” Nura’s blue-gray eyes cast downward.

“You know me too well. I have to. You know that and you know why.” Thom said taking her chin in his hands and lifting her face up.

“You need to show him the hero you’ve become. You want another chance to make him proud.” Nura smiled slightly but her voice betrayed her sadness. Even though she already knew he was going to be a cadet she was hoping she would have had more time with him being part of the free team.

“Nura, why so glum? You can enroll with me and it will be fine.”

“No Thom, I can’t. I’m part of the free team. We all agreed to our assignments and I honestly want to stay out of the cadet program.”

“Why? The structure isn’t going to be as rigid as the Khaudian trainings we went through.”

“I know that. The training isn’t anything to me. But I like being with the Legion. The team. We have a new headquarters and I think it’s the right choice for me to not join you there.” Nura’s voice softened a bit but still held enough firmness for Thom to respect her decision.

“Well then I guess we better enjoy our time now.”
Nura’s kissed him on the cheek and put her head on his shoulder as he hugged her tight and the settled in to the hover love seat. The wind glided in Nura’s favorite scent that of the Naltorian Golar berries. So sweet smelling it made her mouth water, reminding her of her mother baking them in a pie for her. The fog rolled in and soon Nura could barely see anything more than her and Thom in the love seat.

Senor kept the illusion and mental connection going as long as she could. Soon she realized that Nura had fallen asleep holding Thom’s hand. Letting them sleep she dropped the illusion Taking a moment for herself she coiled up in a corner and meditated for a while to give them some time.

Last edited by Omni; 10/01/14 04:50 PM.

Omni #823180 10/01/14 08:49 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Oh, interesting. I like Sensor combining her mentalist powers and her illusion powers.

Sensor and Dreamer certainly seem curious about each other's powers. Nura also seemed very cavalier about being noticed while flying. Confidence in her illusions and in their flight rings, I guess. Interesting look into her visions becoming so much a part of normal life now.

I very much love the scene where Sensor helps Nura and Thom talk to one another. Glad Thom is going to be okay.

Omni #823211 10/01/14 10:40 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
I'm Glad you liked it. i just wanted one more quiet scene and for Thom and Nura to have a true moment since they didn't get one last time.

Plus i wanted to start exploring the different facets of what each of the returned mean to the Legionnaires, such as Thom and Gim.

Page 4 of 37 1 2 3 4 5 6 36 37

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,020
Posts1,045,065
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Patch Lad
Patch Lad
Mississippi
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star