Roll Call
1 members (Chaim Mattis Keller, Chaim Mattis Keller, Chaim Mattis Keller, Chaim Mattis Keller), 38 Murran Spies, and 22 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/10/24 08:02 AM
Kill This Thread LII - The End of the Deck of Cards
by Ann Hebistand - 05/10/24 05:38 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/10/24 02:58 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/10/24 02:57 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/10/24 02:56 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/10/24 02:55 AM
Legion Trivia 6
by thoth lad - 05/09/24 03:34 PM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 14 1 2 10 11 12 13 14
Re: Legion Worlds Two (Fanfic - updated 1 January)
Harbinger #835111 01/15/15 03:46 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Brainiac 5 used the cobbled together tech to re-call the spatial warp that had dumped them here on Tarkon-Galtos.

Science Police Officers Guondar of Carggg and Duwi of Daxam strode through the swirling energies into one of the laboratories on Legion World, both carrying hand held scanners. They were quickly followed by Harmonia Li who immediately reached for an internal console to access the onboard AI. As she did Officers Magz and Skott stepped through the warp quickly followed by their Naltorian comrade, Gear and Brainiac 5.

As Harmonia established control of the laboratories AI system Gear vanished as if in a cloud as his nannites form evaporated into the very fabric of the planetoid. IZOR of Linsnar had taken it rather personally that the Emerald Empress had used micro-machines to attack his new home and wanted to do something about it. Though none of the Science Police officers said anything about his vanishing act they all looked surprised, even Tayla Skott who had previous experience of working alongside Legionnaires.

Before Harmonia a hologram of Legion World blurred into existence. Small icons flashed where their colleagues and anyone else currently on the planetoid were. She looked intently at it for several seconds before speaking.

“It looks as if we are not the only ones here that may be free from the nannites control... This is Wildfire and it looks as if he’s going after Mano...” She pointed to a cluster of icons. It was apparent to all that Wildfire was only a corridor or so away from the former Fatal Five member. “This looks as if the Empress has a few of our teammates... Mon El, Timber Wolf and Cosmic Boy, are with her. I can only assume that they are under her full control. We will need assistance if she uses them against us.” Brainiac 5 stroked his chin and gave a small smile.

“If you look there...” he pointed to a small storage space not far from the warp control room where three icons blazed. “I believe that is where we will find a solution to that problem... it seems Danielle Foccart, Glorith and one of our trainees are still free.”

Legion Worlds NINE - wait, there's even more ongoing amazing adventures? Yup, and you'll only find them in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.
Harbinger #835112 01/15/15 03:46 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Danielle used her technopathic abilities to hack into the AI system to locate the objects that Glorith requested; a bowl of silver, thirteen wax candles and a blade made of organic stone. The last one had proven difficult but Jeffari had improvised and snuck through the ventilation shafts into one of the small Zen garden that Harmonia had constructed and once there used her strength to pick up one of her ornamental rocks and smash it into another. A sliver of rock skewed off and Jeffari gave a cheer as she picked it up. This would need to do...

Danielle had ordered a worker drone droid to raid the main kitchen area and bring them the bowl while another was currently on its way back from a lower storeroom where she had located candles. As they waited for the drones to return Danielle suddenly looked upwards and, for that split second Glorith thought their enemies must have found them, instead it appeared as if dust were falling upon them from the ceiling. Danielle clapped her hands in obvious joy!

“IZOR! I was... I was so worried about you!” Before the women the Linsnarian started to take shape as the dust particles coalesced into form.

“Danielle... and Glorith, we must get you out of here, there is trouble...”

“IZOR, it is indeed our pleasure to be reunited with you,” Gorith said formally, “though we have a plan that will assist. We are preparing to cast a Spell of Similarity that links Jeffari’s pure blood with that of the Legionnaires to release the terrible technology within.”

IZOR of Linsnar had been sapient for several of the Terrans centuries and experience much in that time though found magic to be something that he could only describe as incomprehensible. However, in his time on both Weber’s World and here on Legion World he had seen and experienced things that he could never have computed so instead of querying the young mystic said, “How can I assist?”

Surprisingly, it was Danielle who spoke. “Can you help me block their access to the AI master control? The nannites within me are making it difficult to reach out that far?”

“Oh I think that’s the least we can do Danielle. Give me a twenty second start then do what you have to do...” Gear gave a broad smile and his dusty form started to fade.

Legion Worlds NINE - wait, there's even more ongoing amazing adventures? Yup, and you'll only find them in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.
Harbinger #835113 01/15/15 03:46 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
The Empress rather enjoyed making the Legionnaires perform for her though after ripping each other’s shirts off she had decided before taking this any further she had better check her new home was secure. There would be plenty of time to experiment with her new adoring slaves. The Emerald Eye floated above her head as she strode out of her new throne room and headed towards the anti-grav lift. The three men under her control followed without a word.

They floated down the shaft gently though quickly becam aware of the darkness swirling and seething underneath them, approaching fast as they dropped. The Eye of Ekron flew below the Empresses feet and blazed with its unholy light, brightening their descent. The Empress activated her communication unit.

“Mano! Jeyra! That Talokean witch appears to be awake. Stop what you are doing and join me now. Leave your playthings, we may have unexpected company to deal with. Do not delay or I shall be very disappointed.”

Harbinger #835114 01/15/15 03:47 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Mano was furious.

He finally had the opportunity to fulfil his long held fantasies to have his way with the Legion girls, disintegrating them one by one after he had finished sating his urges, when the Empress had summoned him.

He hadn’t even got this one to fully undress yet!

Night Girl, completely under the control of the nannites, stood before the mutant from Angtu, unaware of the lucky escape she had just had. Mano groaned, pulled his pants back up, and strode out of the quarters. Approaching Mano a churning bank of darkness spewed along the corridor.

“Shysa! The mutant held up his right hand, the destructive disc before him, pointed towards the approaching blackout. He had never tried this before but perhaps he could disintegrate Shadow Lasses power from here...

That was his final thought as Wildfire careered through the floor below Mano and smashed him unconscious into the ceiling above. Drake had taken the time to grab the special cuffs Brainy had designed for Mano, slipping them around his wrist they generated a globe of force that incapacitated the mutant’s destructive disc by freezing his hand and stopping it from making contact with another object. Wildfire had to admit he was a little disappointed that Mano had proven so easy to defeat but also realised he had been lucky as the villains destructive touch could have easily led to very different outcome and losing one containment suit today was more than enough.

Harbinger #835115 01/15/15 03:47 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Glorith lit the candles one by one, muttering her incantations and bowing her head to each as she did.

Jeffari had not been too impressed as Glorith casually mentioned she would require some of the Talokean’s blood to ensure the spell worked, but the Academy student held her hand out and pursed her lips as the slender mystic slit across her palm with the slither of stone and held the silver bowl underneath. Jeffari felt the magic in the air as the bowl was held up before the candles as if it were a sudden presence in the small room. Glorith chanted something in a language more ancient than the rocks that made the planetoid they were stood upon and the candles blew out and the room was plunged into darkness.

The auto-light popped on and Glorith stood before the Academy student with a grin on her face. Danielle Foccart stood silently behind her, confusion and fear on her face.

“Thank you Jeffari Assarn, your blood will now release our friends from their unclean bondage. We need to just do this...” She turned and dipped her thumb in the blood filled bowl and rubbed it on Danielle’s forehead. The young technopath appeared startled before bursting out into a laugh.

“They’re gone! Glorith you are amazing!”

Tellus gently guided Titan’s mind out of the dark hold that the rogue telepath Entinn had forced him into.With his teammate freed and reassured that she would no longertrouble them they both stretched their psychic muscles. Without Jeyra Entinn to keep his mind subdued Nasir N’Cube reached out to sense his surroundings. The psi-baffles were still active though between the two of them Tellus and Titan managed to reach Danielle Foccart and, after the initial shock she had had commanded the AI security protocols to drop the psi blocking baffles. Without the artificial static that the baffles generated the two legionnaires could fully explore their planetoid base. Though before they could start Danielle told them of Glorith’s spell and how they had a way to release everyone from the Empresses’ control.

“Okay,” transmitted Titan, “So now we have a solution, let’s get everyone to Glorith and kick the Empress off our home and into a holding cell on Tarkon-Galtos.”

Harbinger #835116 01/15/15 03:47 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Mission: Peacekeeping on D’Dudada
Chameleon Boy – Team leader, Reep Daggle of Durla, shape changer
Comet Queen, Grava of Extal colony, spaceflight, comet gas extrusion
Lexikon, Princess Daheenisha of Tamara iv, flight, speed, strength, durability, omni-linguist
Backlash, Mrruaw M’Nau of Simballi, enhanced strength, speed, senses, absorbs kinetic energy to boost own size and mass
Green Lantern, Dkyun Mu of Xudar, wearer of a Green Lantern power ring

Dkyun Mu, the Xudarian Green Lantern currently seconded to the Legion of super Heroes flew down towards the rocky planet below.

Even as she touched down onto the ground the remains of the enormous engines they had first encountered were fading like smoke. This had been where the huge robot armies had collided, her teammates had joined her in stopping the two gigantic forces as they clashed. She knew that when night fell there would be no killer clawed worms and that no more acid filled spheres or missiles would fall out of the sky. Without her teammates fears to feed upon there was little chance of another bizarre horror appearing before her. She stood on top of a granite bluff and surveyed the landscape around about. The damage that the huge armies had inflicted on the ground remained even as they finally vanished. In the distance a sand storm scuffed along the horizon, something huge within it pushing the dust up from the ground before it as it raced towards the Green Lantern.

Dkyun took a deep breath and levitated herself a hundred meters into the air, though did not try to avoid the approaching storm front. As it came close it split apart and within seconds the air around Dkyun was full of dirt and dust and rocks screaming as the wind ripped them in circles around her. She remained floating where she was, as if in the eye of a horrendous storm as the land around her was flung up into the sky.

“You know by now that I don’t scare very easily.“ As she spoke the rocks started to fall as the wind eased up. Within seconds the air was calm again and on the ground below her stood five chubby beings, the natives of this small remote world. In unison their fern like antennae started to move and as they moved the emerald power ring translated their subtle body language into words Dkyun could understand.

“You are not the Silver Sky Lords return as was promised. Your disgusting minds pollute the harmony of the Five Domes. Leave now, your unclean races are no longer welcome. Do not return.”

Dkyun sadly nodded her head in acknowledgement of the D’dudadanian’s request before looking straight up and blasting herself into space. She knew that to the peoples below her were absolutely correct; it was the unconscious fears of the visitors from the United Planets that had somehow manifested themselves within the telepathic gestalt that the D’Dudadanians inhabited that had caused the horrors they had witnessed to happen. These previously peaceful native beings were right to ask the United Planets to leave and request they didn’t return.

With a flick of energy from the emerald ring a ribbon of light strung itself out around the world, every 2,000 klicks or so a sign appeared warning space faring races to stay away. When she got back to Legion World she would ensure that automated drones would be sent to take over the warnings, safeguarding this world and its odd people against another race, in innocence or ignorance, making the same mistake again.

This world was not for sharing.

The Green Lantern used her ancient Oan power ring to track the Ambassadors craft and powered up to join her team mates in hyperspace as they returned home.

Harbinger #835136 01/15/15 06:24 PM
Deputy
Deputy
That was a really nice ending to the Peace keeping mission. I liked that it was Dkyun's ability to conquer her fears that finally resolved the problems.

A world with a psychic atmosphere is a really interesting idea. i can only think of the horrors that could happen there. but i wonder if it works the opposite way and could create a utopia with the right people/minds being affected.

this battle for Legion world is heating up. i love Danielle and Glorith's friendship. its very innocent.

Shadow Lass's shadow is a sliver of entropy... wow. that's a revelation. i wonder if that will lead somewhere.

Mano is disturbed i must say. i'm glad Wildfire got to him before anything happened to Lydda. i don't think the team or i could handle any more deaths.

keep it coming. i can't wait to see them kick the Empresses butt!

Last edited by Omni; 01/15/15 07:10 PM.

read the adventures of the Reboot Legion!

http://www.legionworld.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=001232
Harbinger #835148 01/15/15 10:05 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
I too greatly enjoyed the end of the peacekeeping mission. Thumbs up for Dkyun! She is fast becoming a favorite.

On to Legion World -

I applaud your decision to make Glorith's spell effective, but to need her to physically reach each Legionnaire in order to free them. That will help keep things interesting!

I also applaud your decision to have Empress and Mano wish to satisfy their lust with the Legionnaires, but not to actually have it happen yet.

Tasmia's darkfield being entropy... wow! And I love the growth you showed, how she felt ashamed of her previous cattiness.

It's also great seeing things coming together now, with all the free Legionnaires slowly starting to come together! I'm hooked on the edge of my seat. More, more, and more please Harbi!

Harbinger #836685 01/24/15 11:44 PM
R
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
R
Danielle and Glorith coming to the rescue is fun to read, and I am really liking where Shady's story is taking her too! Looking forward to the big climax!

Harbinger #836706 01/25/15 09:48 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
With the darkness that Tasmia had unleashed upon Legion World they would never had been able to move safely from room to room had Titan not telepathically contacted Brainiac 5. The Coluan had memorised every corridor, room and conduit on the planetoid and Nasir was able to psychically share this knowledge as he set up a telepathic network between the free Legionnaires and the Science Police meta-squad. They knew that Glorith held the key to releasing their teammates from the neuro-bonders so Titan paid particular attention to guiding her and the two young women that had helped release her from their hold.

With Titan guiding their steps Glorith, Danielle and Jeffari snuck out from their hiding place and made their way to the Warp Control room where the majority of their colleagues were frozen in place. Glorith released Chemical Kid first, as Brainiac 5 had shared across the telepathic link that the young Phlonite could help ease their teammate’s recovery.

All of the Legionnaires were reminded as they were released that they had to be careful, if they knocked Glorith and she spilled the contents of her bowl it would delay freeing their colleagues.

Tellus suggested that they leave Shadow Lass until last as she had business to complete. No one asked what he meant, which was just as well as he was unsure himself if he was doing the right thing.

Harbinger #836707 01/25/15 09:49 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Within her mind Shadow Lass stood over the astral form of Jeyra Entinn. The telepath had suffered at the Shadow Champion’s hands, unable to free herself from the Talokean’s mind. Within the dark cave where her ancestors remained Tasmia Mallor had discovered that he will was followed exactly. Tasmia did not want the psychic to leave so she didn’t. Tasmia did not want the psychic to have access to her prodigious offensive psionic abilities, so she didn’t. Tasmia wanted Jeyra to fight like a true warrior, hands clenched into fists.

Jeyra swung wildly but Tasmia easily dodged it and slapped the telepath so hard across her face that she was swept off her feet. The rogue telepath squirmed in the dirt underneath her astral form. Blood trickled from her nose and mouth.

“How can you be doing this? You savages aren’t telepathic...”

“Here, in this sacred space we are the law little telepath. Now stand up and fight me.”

As Jeyra stood up she took and handful of dirt and flung it in Tasmia’s face and sprung towards the Shadow Champion, though despite her efforts Tasmia was one step ahead and dodged the thrown sand and simply held out her arm so Jeyra Entinn’s throat struck her forearm as the telepath dived past her. Jeyra Entinn sat clutching her throat, gasping for breath tears streaming down her cheek.

“Enough!” Her voice was little more than a croak, “You’re tougher than me, I get it already... I was doing a job, okay? It was just a job, nothing personal... how many times have you bashed people in the line of duty? It’s just the same only we’re on different sides... doncha see?”

As Jeyra stood up she realised that she was alone. Looking around in the murky darkness all she could see was the rough walls of the cave. Tasmia Mallor and the spirits of her ancestors were nowhere to be seen. As she turned in a full circle the rogue telepath realised that there were no corridors out, she had been trapped here within a small part of the ancestral spirit home of the Mallor Shadow Champions of Talok viii with no clear escape.

Within a cave of many shadows Tasmia watched her psychic captive struggle as the villain realise she was trapped. Tasmia's ancestor’s spirits surrounded her and congratulated the current Shadow Champion on this victory.

“You should slice her to pieces.” Said Menanina of the Thousand Blades.

“Kill the cowardly dog.” Said another.

“She took ten years from you so hold her for that length of time first...” Findral Shaleen the Sly said with a clever laugh.

“No, I will release her once the Science Police have her in psi-dampners...”

Tasmia’s ancestors started to complain loudly, a few jeered her for showing weakness, Hurrathak the Bold and Bloody casually mentioned that one would never sleep soundly if one’s enemies were left to plot their revenge...

“She will serve her time on Tarkon-Galtos, my mind is made up.” With that thought Tasmia focussed on her conscious mind and let her awareness of her ancestor’s spirits resting place fade from her awareness.

Harbinger #836709 01/25/15 09:49 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
The Emerald Empress was not happy.

Even with the aid of the three Legionnaires she had under her control and the toxic light of the Emerald Eye she struggled through the pitch darkness, which only added to her rage. The Eye of Ekron flew just above her head. Mon El and Timber Wolf went before her while Cosmic Boy respectfully walked behind.

When the attack came she was not ready for it. Unknown to her Titan had telepathically spoken to the three Legionnaires she controlled and so the freed Legionnaires were able to work out exactly where their controlled teammates and the Empress were. Along with the superimposed images from Brainiac 5’s memory of the corridor the Empress currently walked along was a telepathic image of her and the Eye that Nasir projected into the attack teams mind.

Titan currently stood in the Warp Control room straining his prodigious psychic abilities to keep the image alive in the attacking Legionnaires and Science Police meta-team minds. Behind him stood Otaki with her hands on his shoulders and added what support she could. Bina Namoti’s psychic ability was not true telepathy though it certainly bolstered Nasir’s will to succeed. He initially asked Tellus to assist but the Hykraian had other plans.

Tellus wanted to psychically speak with the golem that called itself Mordecai. Glorith had smeared the enchanted blood on the beast’s forehead, releasing it from the nannites control, though no-one present was entirely sure how it would react. Tellus had calmed the terrified creature as it struggled with its freedom for the first time in years. Initially it had tried to avoid Tellus, having been treated so badly by the psychic Jeyra Entinn it was understandably wary of psychics, but Mordecai’s primitive mind could feel that the Legionnaire had not ulterior motives or inherent cruelty so calmed itself as the Legionnaire tried to explain to the creature where it was.

Danielle Foccart had stooped to reach under Henry’s giant mushroom shaped console. Without the nannites in her own system to interrupt her abilities she could reach out and take control of those that were interfering with the 75th Century spatial warp controller. Danielle liked Henry, she would not allow the Empresses little horrors to subjugate her friend any further.

It took her almost 30 seconds of serious concentration to release their hold on the power interface that effectively dictated where and when the warps would appear, and also whether or not Henry could project a holo to interact with the Legionnaires. She was not used to such resistance so breathed a huge sigh of relief when it was done and the console lit up. A holo popped into the air beside her of the bald man from the future.

“Thank you Danielle, you are quite amazing!”
“I missed you Henry!” She smiled as she spoke and for the first time since they had met she looked him directly in the eye as she spoke.

“Now, if you excuse me I have to save the Empresses life...” And with that the holo disappeared.

Harbinger #836710 01/25/15 09:50 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Amynta threw her enchanted spear at the Eye of Ekron.

The Emerald Empress did not have a chance to order the enslaved Legionnaires to attack their team mates as the coordinated attack began.

Andromeda grabbed Timber Wolf while Officer Duwi flew at Mon El. The Legionnaires had pre-planned the attack so as the strongest of the freed Legionnaires and Science Police held the two physically powerful members still under the Empresses control Glorith ran up and dabbed their foreheads with the spellbound blood giving them the release from the neuro-bonders they needed.

As Amynta’s spear tore through the unholy Eye above, Brainiac 5 projected a force field to trap the enraged mystical artefact; the Eye had been know to act vengefully against those that attacked it directly in the past. Night Girl stepped up grabbing the Empress by the shoulder the Kathooni heroine twisted her off balance before landing a powerful upper cut to her chin. The Empress was thrown into the air to collide with the force bubble that currently blocked her evil familiar from joining in the fight. Wildfire, as one who could never resist entering a fray, blasted the struggling Empress as she crashed to the floor, his anti-engry knocking her down the corridor towards Amynta who booted her back the way she had came.

“LEGIONNAIRES!” The voice was so loud that several of the team covered their ears, it was clearly Henry. “You must desist before this goes too far...”

“She doesn’t deserve our compassion!” Amynta shouted into the darkness. Several of her teammates agreed.

“No Amynta, but she does deserve justice. You are all still weak from the sensory deprivation the nannites inflicted upon you and the Eye of Ekron is influencing you, making you more angry... it will have one of you as its new Empress if you murder this one.”

The entire team froze as the truth of the situation hit them; they could all feel their intense anger start to subside. Officer Guondar of Carggg triplicated before reaching out for the unconscious Empresses battered form, slapping her wrists firmly in a set of enhanced incapacity cuffs. The Emerald Empress would give them no more trouble today. As he stood the Cargggite scanned her with a silver tube he had taken from a pouch on his belt.

“She has a broken jaw... collar bone... four ribs snapped and it looks like some internal bleeding.” He sounded appalled as he read out the scan results. “We’d better get her to a sick bay.”

Officer Magz had been restrained Cosmic Boy until Glorith could to smear his forehead with the nannites freeing enchanted blood. As the young mystic backed away Night Girl rushed over and hugged her fiancé.

“Not ...so tight Lydda... please...” He gasped.

Harbinger #836711 01/25/15 09:50 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Dragonmage stood at the back of the assembled heroes though knew his role was one of the most vital; Xao had to restrain the Eye as Brainiac 5 assured the group his force fields would not be able to hold it for long. As the Empress was cuffed there was a tremendous crash as the Emerald Eye broke free of Brainiac 5’s force field. Xao released his spell and focussed his considerable will upon it. A dragonform of pale jade flew down the broad corridor above the heads of the Legionnaires.

The Eye of Ekron had been damaged by Amynta’s spear then trapped within a force field but it still fought. The energy it blasted out was bending the structure of the shield that held it. The dragon form wrapped itself around the shattered edges of the force field knitting the parts back together. Xao strained to hold his spell together as the Eye of Ekron resisted being trapped again. It took almost twenty seconds until a voice spoke to them all, a voice that resonated with such dark intent and emotions that each of them felt as a physical force.

“Have this one Legionnaires, she was weak at heart. There are others that will enjoy the gifts I give.”

The Emerald Eye of Ekron vanished leaving behind a battered young girl on the corridor floor gasping for breath. As she cried out Dr Shakespeare, who had been standing at the back of the group, pushed his way towards her through the Legionnaires and darkness. The former Empress would need his assistance if she was to recover from this ordeal.

Harbinger #836713 01/25/15 09:51 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
In the end it took Gear and Brainiac 5 less than four hours to create a nannite re-write programme that caused the neuro-bonders to cease operating. They programmed modified oxygen molecules to carry their creation and flushed the entire planetoid with them. It would, they estimated, take 24 hours for everyone to be totally free from the tiny machines corrupting influence but Glorith guaranteed her spell would keep everyone safe until then.

Tasmia's darkness had completely faded by then and many Legionnaires commented that they had not realised just how powerful she was. In truth neither had she.. Tasmia had released Jeyra's spirit once the Science Police had cuffed her and Brainiac 5 had placed an improvised psi-baffling yolk around her neck. No-one questioned Tasmia in too much detail, which she was grateful for as, in truth, she barely understood what had happened herself.

There were minor structural repairs needed but Gear’s nannites proactively worked on these. In the next few days the team got used to walking along certain areas and seeing the walls around them crawl as the structure repaired itself and was flexed into a more appropriate alignment.

Polar Boy had loudly announced that he would be grateful if Gear didn’t do any of the “dizzy puke inducing wall moving shit” outside of Shakes later than a certain time of night after a particularly messy evening two days later. None of the other patrons that night complained about the suggestion and Gear apologised with a small grin on his face for not thinking of it himself. It was the first time a lot of the Legionnaires experienced the Linsnarian’s dry wit.

The young girl that had been possessed by the Emerald Eye was called Winsee Bourdas and had originally been from Avalon, a farmer’s daughter that had been spurned by a local knight. With Dr Kabbo at hand they had returned her to her home planet. Titan blurred her memories of the atrocities the Eye had manipulated her into performing as well as the personality the Eye had projected upon her fragile psyche and meanwhile the counsellor had used his psionics to boost her self-confidence. They knew that she would never fully forget the horrors that had happened but hoped that with their aid and time she would think of them as a bad dream and live a normal life.

Harbinger #836714 01/25/15 09:52 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
The next day Jeffari Assarn sat beside Tasmia Mallor in a small side room off the corridor that led to the main Mission Monitor Board room.

“Your ancestors would be proud Jeffari, you are far braver than you give yourself credit for.”

“Thank you Tasmia... though I don’t understand... if you are leaving to go home then why are you insisting I stay? I only came here because of you..."

Tasmia Mallor smiled at the girl sat before her, Jeffari could not see her own tremendous potential and the thought made the Legionnaire realise how naive she herself had been at that age. She looked so confident on the outside, meanwhile she hid a knot of doubts and insecurity on the inside.

“The recent experience alerted me to things that are... the Shadow Champions speak with their ancestors; you know that... you can see it!” She pointed at the dozen or so shadows that spread out from her feet, “And I learned something that needs further investigation about my history... our place in history. I’ll only be gone for a couple of months Jeffari, do not be upset. We will definitely see each other again and maybe by then you’ll be a full Legionnaire. You certainly deserve it.”

“Thank you Shadow Champion, you are very kind to say that.”

“No, thank you Forest Champion. You are so very deserving of all the praise I’ve given you and your place here.”

Re: Legion Worlds Two (Fanfic - updated 25 January)
Harbinger #836715 01/25/15 09:54 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
So, with Shady taking an extended break we come to the end of this arc. More soon as we learn what Sun Boy and a few of the others have been up to and then it's leader voting time - place your bets now!

Thank you IB, Omni and Raz for your support above - Sorry, I'm a week behind reading all of your excellent stories and will make time this week to catch up with them all and post my thoughts.

Last edited by Harbinger; 01/25/15 09:54 AM.

Harbinger #836723 01/25/15 10:13 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Cool! love the coordinated effort by the Legionnaires. It was certainly one of the most well-planned attacks I have seen in ages, the Empress barely had a chance. At least they were able to free the poor host too - I wonder who the Eye's next victim will be?

Loving Tasmia's growth as usual. Justice, not vengeance. And she even had better control of her emotions than the other Legionnaires did!

Wonder who the next leader will be... Dirk, maybe, ready for the responsibility?

Harbinger #836788 01/25/15 07:21 PM
R
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
R
Great climax, I love how everyone played their parts...the bit at the end with rehabilitating the Eye's host was a nice touch too smile

Harbinger #836812 01/25/15 11:55 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Agreed. it was great to see the Empress get her dues.

that attack was really good and i loved Tasmia's mind battle. that is not a cave i'd want to be in.

Danielle is really quirky and i love it.

I just want to like pick Henry's brain.

read the adventures of the Reboot Legion!

http://www.legionworld.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=001232
Harbinger #836859 01/26/15 03:18 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Mission: investigate reported attack of Hong-Nike factory facility, asteroid Belsdtrjik, NuXaigun system/ Rimbor System Oort Cloud Boundary, by space Dragon
Sun Boy, Team Leader, Dirk Morgna of Earth, generates intense light and heat
Invisible Kid, Jacques Foccart of Earth, invisibility
XS, Jenni Ognats of an alternate dimension Aarok, phenomenal speed
Thunder, Cecelia Becks of 21st Century Earth, immense strength, speed, indestructibility, flight, wisdom
Power Boy, Science Police Officer Jedidiah Rikane of Earth, personal density control

The Hong-Nike Corporation had issued an alert less than six hours ago stating its main facility, located 1.6 light years from NuXaigun and a little under 2 from Rimbor, had reported a space dragon almost an entire light year from where they had ever been sighted before was attacking the factory. Dirk saw this as the perfect mission to try out a couple of the newer members so had holo’ed Harmonmia to let her know his plans, and called the crew together to the Southern docking bay.

During the forty minute flight Dirk had engaged in conversation with Cecelia Becks. They were sat side by side at the front of the Command Deck overlooking the wraparound display screen. Although Dirk had said that he wanted to get to know all the new members and he had already had the privilege of spending time with both Jed and Jenni, the truth was he couldn’t shake the irrational feeling that one of Thunders’ sisters had murdered Chuck, another Jo, while a third had snapped Salus’ neck.

Dirk had first attempted to join the Legion alongside Chuck, he had socialised with Jo back in the day, while he had shared a few precious times with Salu and, though he never admitted it out loud, he was hurt and angry that he would never spend any time with the three of them again.

Rationally, Sun Boy knew that Thunder wasn’t directly to blame and that she and her sisters had been acting under a curse but still... he also knew that if the team were to ever develop and heal then he, along with several others, needed to deal with the situation in a professional manner and build bridges before the self imposed chasms of introspective pain became too deep and wide to cover.

Thunder had glorious clear green eyes that watched him as his elegant fingers caressed the hard light control panels with easy grace. She smiled as he showed her the tricks that good astro-navigators used to chart the most efficient courses. He had scanned all the new members files while waiting for them onboard the cruiser so was well aware that, by Coluan standards, she had a ninth level intelligence so had probably intuitively figured out everything he was teaching her before he had touched the first key but it gave them a chance to speak informally, in between the boring technical aspects of the flight. Overall he thought the flight went much faster than he expected as he found the new Legionnaire to be surprisingly pleasant company; he even starting to playfully flirt with her. Surprisingly, this was something Thunder reciprocated with an abundant laugh, all the while making it easily apparent that she was not interested in it going any further than the gentle playful teasing.

She casually mentioned that she had scheduled a meeting with the counsellor Dr Kabbo for the next day, which surprised Dirk. Cece stressed that for all her magically gained wisdom finding herself alive in the 31st Century in the way she had was something that this daughter of Black Adam wasn’t emotionally prepared for and despite all the support her team mates had given she felt quite literally out of time and place. She had given him a self depreciating smile as she said it then flicked her hands across the hard light read out, altering their course just in time to make the most fuel efficient journey; something Dirk had missed as he was focussing so much attention on the blonde woman before him.

Harbinger #836860 01/26/15 03:18 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
The conversation, while never heavy or anything less than warm hearted, did cover a few surprisingly honest subjects for much of the duration of their flight. At one point Thunder had strangely asked Dirk which Legionnaire he related to the most.

Dirk looked serious for a moment before answering. “I suppose that although we have never been really close I’m most like Nura. We’re both science geek kids that haven’t really had what you’d call an ordinary up-bringing and as a result we love all the attention we can get. What about you Cece? With your magically mystically enhanced wisdom who do you think is closest to you in the group?” Dirk raises an eyebrow suggestively as he asked his question, turning the tables on Cece Becks.

The blonde woman gave a thin smile and glances into the corner, “The obvious would be Andromeda as we can both punch planets, are out of time and a little unsure of what we are doing here, though… I reckon probably Chameleon Boy… he’s a friend of yours isn’t he... he’s a lover of solving mysteries and yet remains a bit of an enigma himself.” She gave a big smile as she said this, teasing Dirk to reply. He laughed and looked down at the control panel. He felt surprised as he realised he was really enjoying this conversation, it had been a while since he had needed to put in this much effort just to keep up.

Cece casually brought up how much she missed her sisters, the majority had joined Soddam Yat on Oa... and once again their chat went off on an unexpected tangent that covered personal matters in the gentlest manner. Dirk found himself telling stories about Chuck and they both laughed heartily. It seemed Thunder had a skill at helping him to laugh, even when he felt so overwhelmed by the team’s recent horrific losses.

Thunders’ natural empathy and social skills made their conversation fun and interesting in equal measure and he found he was in no real hurry to get to the Hong-Nike station.

By the time they were a few minutes away from the NuXaigun System Boundary zone Dirk realised that his pain at losing three friends from the team so soon after his dads’ murder had begun to shroud the small moments of pleasure that he had experienced. There weren’t any particular parts of the conversation that had directly touched upon these losses in any but the most tangential manner but he now knew that, hopefully, if he focussed on the many everyday positives that he had been overlooking he stood a much better chance at finding his way through the grief he felt. Hopefully without too much emotional scar tissue to show for it, while still honouring the friends he had so suddenly lost.

Thunder excused herself saying she needed to go to the grav-lift in preparation for their disembarking when they reached the Oort cloud factory. Dirk remained at the Comm desk. He knew now that he had been especially hard on himself lately, driving himself with little consideration for feeling or consequence and he’d been doing the same with others as well; a recognised way to masochistically compensate for sudden, heart aching losses.

He also knew that the subtle skill Thunder had shown in guiding their friendly chat was simply outrageous! Sun Boy couldn’t remember a single conversation he had been a part of in years that he hadn’t walked away from without thinking he had gotten exactly what he wanted or been in charge of, though he had to admit Thunder had totally bamboozled him. With charm, wit, big green eyes, a stunning smile and amazing social finesse she had gotten exactly what she wanted... and perhaps he had too.

He smiled at this thought. Dirk admitted to himself with that smile that he rather liked the Daughter of Black Adam they called Thunder.

Harbinger #836861 01/26/15 03:19 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
The space dragon that was supposedly attacking the Nike Hong factory station in the NXaigun Oort cloud was clearly not attempting to destroy the enormous complex in any way, shape or form.

Everyone present could see that the huge creature, with skin that rippled as water, dark wings that spread out gossamer thin to catch every passing photon of light and an energy spewing maw that gave it the appearance of breathing flames in the deep vacuum of space, was clearly putting on a show as it spun and cart wheeled, dived and dashed around in an undulating circular pattern centred across the viewing platform at the base of the staff accommodation block. The enormous beast had attracted a lot of attention; personal fliers, a space ferry and several rather puny looking security vehicles hovered in space around it while hundreds of staff on board the factory station peered through the portals and viewing bays towards the outrageously deft display being enacted outside in the dark of space.

Dirk split the team into two with Jacques taking Jed and Jenni in a shuttle to the huge station to see if anyone needed their assistance, while he led Cece outside of their mark ix cruiser towards the excited dragon to see if there was anything they could do to help the situation.

Harbinger #836862 01/26/15 03:19 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Invisible Kid calmly piloted the shuttle into the landing bay while XS sped off the ship and Power Boy lowered his molecular density enough to phase through the deck and float down to the bay below. Jacques smiled at their enthusiasm. The crowds below had turned away from the exhibition outside the station towards the Legionnaires but only for a couple of seconds until some ‘ooh’s and ‘aah’s from the front of the crowd drew their eyes back to the dragon.

In a blur XS vanished, racing around the station to reconnoitre, searching for any injured people or serious damage to the infrastructure. She was gone for eighteen seconds in total. In that time Jed approached several members of the crowd to ask if they could give him some information. No-one volunteered anything though he noticed through the crowds that there appeared to be a hooded figure in the middle of the crowd that drew his attention; where the rest of the crowd reacted to the dragons’ display the hooded figure remained still. As he noticed this person Jenni arrived at his side.

“Everyone seems fine Jed… couple of thestations comm. Systems havebeen tamperedwith but no big foulplay...what’sgoingonhere? Anyideaswhat’scausing thedragon todo its’matingdance to a factory ship?”

“I think that might be...” The muscular young man pointed towards the hooded person at the centre of the crowd.

Even as the two recent joined members started to make their way through the crowd they saw Invisible Kid materialise beside the hooded figure. He had used his flight ring to levitate over and carefully observe the crowd from above and then simply flew over the mass of people to investigate the one person that wasn’t reacting to the outrageous sight outside. He looked straight at Jed and Jenni and gave them a mildly scolding look before turning back to the figure that had caught all of their attention.

Jed blushed while Jenni followed Jacques’ lead and flew over the crowd to land beside the hooded figure.

Harbinger #836863 01/26/15 03:23 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Hey guys, thank you for your kind words, greatly and genuinely appreciated. Here's a change of pace for you, then it's time to elect a leader again.

Page 12 of 14 1 2 10 11 12 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,021
Posts1,045,242
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
JackMythos
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
TimberBear
TimberBear
st. louis, mo
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star