Roll Call
1 members (stile86, stile86, stile86, stile86), 11 Murran Spies, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by stile86 - 04/29/24 08:30 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by stile86 - 04/29/24 08:28 PM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Legion Tracker - 04/29/24 06:53 PM
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by Ann Hebistand - 04/29/24 05:11 PM
Annfie's Legion (and Non-Legion) fan art
by Ann Hebistand - 04/29/24 11:08 AM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Ann Hebistand - 04/29/24 09:48 AM
So, what are you listening to?
by Ann Hebistand - 04/29/24 04:38 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/29/24 02:15 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 15 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 14 15
Re: Create Your Own Team: JUSTICE LEAGUE "DETROIT" VERSION
Power Boy #811660 06/15/14 07:35 PM
Deputy
Deputy
I decided that Red Tornado and Firestorm should stick around, since like Zee they were newer members and had a chance to prove themselves without the old guard, I went with Sue as Elongated Woman (maybe Ralph got sidelined due to a medical issue)
Blue Devil was introduced right before the Detroit team formed and had Zee as a guest star in his own mag and they had a nice chemistry together (possible love interest) Vixen the standout of the Detroit team, Robotman team player without a team, seemed like a great choice with the Doom Patrol's awesome rouges gallery following, Lana Lang and Carol Ferris stepping out of the shadows of Superman and Green Lantern, Ragman possibly suggested by Batman and last but least Nubia, Wonder Woman's black sister.

Last edited by Lone Wolf Legionnaire; 06/15/14 10:42 PM.

I tried to rip their soul out.I tried to make them forget Superman.
But they won't.
Power Boy #811669 06/15/14 10:13 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
One interesting alternative approach might've been to have each of the Big 3/Big 5/Big 7/whatever form their own splinter group with the dissolution of the satellite-era JLA.

Power Boy #811715 06/16/14 12:22 PM
Tempus Fugitive
Tempus Fugitive
Great stuff Lone Wolf.

Really interesting take you have on your team too. Sue Dibny is an excellent idea. Nubia hadn't crossed my mind at all. I'd tripped across Ragman the other day and added him to a little list I'm toying with. He would certainly add a darker edge to a series.

I hadn't thought at all about Star Sapphire either. The GL issues from around that time had Carol merge with the Predator becoming the Sapphire once again. I don't know quite how evil she was at the time yet.

I'd skipped past Blue Devil, so I hadn't known about Zatanna's guest spot. I'll need to get hold of that one. Is that due to his suit being mystically bonded to him?

Ibby's team looks to have a really nice balanced visual to it. Poor J'Onn having two fire related characters to put up with.

"...not having to believe in a thing to be interested in it and not having to explain a thing to appreciate the wonder of it."
Power Boy #811716 06/16/14 12:26 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
These are so great Lone Wolf! It really helps to see them, I was thinking about how my team would look ... with boy next door Captain Comet and the visual homages to Green Lantern and the Hawks.

Also, Blue Devil seems like a good fit too!

Eryk Davis Ester #811717 06/16/14 12:27 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Originally Posted by Eryk Davis Ester
One interesting alternative approach might've been to have each of the Big 3/Big 5/Big 7/whatever form their own splinter group with the dissolution of the satellite-era JLA.

I just might get on that ...

Lone Wolf Legionnaire #811718 06/16/14 12:28 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Originally Posted by Lone Wolf Legionnaire
I decided that Red Tornado and Firestorm should stick around, since like Zee they were newer members and had a chance to prove themselves without the old guard,

I totally agree, I think it was weird that they had better things to do at the end of the satellite era ... they just got there!

thoth lad #811722 06/16/14 01:00 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Originally Posted by thothkins

I'd skipped past Blue Devil, so I hadn't known about Zatanna's guest spot. I'll need to get hold of that one. Is that due to his suit being mystically bonded to him?

http://justiceleaguedetroit.blogspot.com/2008/06/blue-devil-4-984.html

I tried to rip their soul out.I tried to make them forget Superman.
But they won't.
Power Boy #811723 06/16/14 01:03 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
whoah Blue Devil simmer down! It's a comic book!

Power Boy #811724 06/16/14 01:09 PM
Tempus Fugitive
Tempus Fugitive
I was just reading the Red Tornado mini. He's instructed to cease and desist in his hero career by several heroes who have to awkwardly avoid calling themselves the Justice League. It's basically the pre Detroit league with John Stewart standing in for Hal.

The mini was so long in the planning that the JLA changed around it.

Since they must have thought release was fairly close after the JLA disbanding But since he was to be "changed forever"

When it was finally released, it was right into Crisis for the character and he's "changed forever" yet again..

The mini has John Smith being completely content with his life - he has Kathy Sutton, Traya and employment he enjoys. Sutton is less content and chides Smith to perhaps want something more. While being a super hero is also important to him, he's not likely to give up everything else to pursue it in Detroit. That's just him in that mini though, and may not fit his personality previously.

There's no reason at all that he couldn't ahve stayed in the Detorit League with some minor adjustments. However, there really seemed to be an editorial push to do more dramatic, far reaching things with the second stringers at the time.

Possibly Conway was hamstrung by his own success in making them very readable characters. So we get Shadow War of Hawkman, Sword of the Atom, Red Tornado and a Green Arrow mini, with a Zatanna one in the works and then an Aquaman mini.

"...not having to believe in a thing to be interested in it and not having to explain a thing to appreciate the wonder of it."
Eryk Davis Ester #811725 06/16/14 01:16 PM
Tempus Fugitive
Tempus Fugitive

Ah, the old "that bug on your head makes you look great" line.

Anyone else think there was something off about Zatanna here, or worrying that she was left alone for Cassidy to lech over?

Originally Posted by Eryk Davis Ester

I could easily see Ollie and Dinah being recruited to the Outsiders. Where Ollie was the unsettled one in the League and DInah the stalwart member, their roles would be reversed the more the Outsiders operated outside the law.

In JLA: The Nail/Another Nail Shade also joined the Outsiders. We've also got the Metamorpho & Black Lightning JLA links. So it makes the Outsiders a more capable League replacement than the JLA Detroit team. I'd imagine Bats would be very keen to recruit Vixen too. Considering Vixen's actions in the early Detroit issues, the Outsiders could have been a very good fit.

Power Boy #811728 06/16/14 01:25 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
I could see like an Avengers type movement where all super heroes are brought into the Justice League fold.

Justice League Unlimited!

Power Boy #811739 06/16/14 04:23 PM
Tempus Fugitive
Tempus Fugitive
I recall an issue where they sort of tried that. They handed out a lot of signal devices at any rate.

While it makes complete sense to be able to call on any person with a certain power set when you need them, there's a feeling that it dilutes the exclusivity of the group. "Is there anyone who hasn't joined?" to paraphrase Aquaman.

Power Boy #811740 06/16/14 04:34 PM
Tempus Fugitive
Tempus Fugitive
Deadman was getting some reprints around this time. The Atomic Knight had learned that his previous adventures were all some elaborate fantasy (not at all like Miracleman) and had a couple of appearances in Wonder Woman.

If they had wanted to make it like the Titans, why not nab Boston Brand to be the League's Jericho?

Power Boy #814039 07/08/14 03:57 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
One team to rule the Marvel Universe:

The ALL NEW MIGHTY UNCANNY AVENGERS!

I decided to try to do an international X-Men Avengers mash up ... but .. they might be a little light in the heavy lifting or iconic Avengers. (but I don't usually like the big guys anyway). and the cosmic heroes are off the hook right now.

1. Black Panther - the brains of the bunch *Wakanda*
2. Sunfire *Japan*
3. Captain Britain *UK*
4. Thor - Icon and Mainstay and *"Scandinavia"*
5. Vision - He needs to expand back to the pre white vision, a more human android with brains and smarts and a mainstay of the Avengers
6. Jean Grey - back from the dead and so over the X-Men, going by the name of Marvel Woman and as in charge as she was in the Morrison Jimenez X-Men books. No flames, that's for Sunfire and Phoenix.
7. Angel - who better to be the poster boy for mutant kind?
8. Photon/Spectrum - she is big league.

I thought about adding another female but ... so many are red heads! So i decided to go with a supporting Jessica Drew out of Spidey tights ... and coopting the forces of Hydra, as more of a counter SHIELD/government agency that can be impartial and at the use of the Ucanny Avengers.

Others that didn't quite make the cut:
Wonder Man - We've got Thor and Brian Braddock
Wasp - We've got a winged one already ... still on the fence though.
Black Widow - I'm happier with the Jessica Drew solution.

Darkstar might be a good admission for her powers and to represent Russia but ... she might look a little too Fire and Ice with Photon.

also I thought of Original Greer Nelson. or Patsy Walker .. but we've got a smart cat already.

HE HE hmmm my list turned into an anti film characters list! no merchandising possibilities here!

Last edited by Power Boy; 07/08/14 04:05 PM.
Power Boy #814040 07/08/14 04:17 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Crystal might also be a good addition but maybe conflict with Marvel Woman, same with an Eternal ... but might also conflict with Britain and Thor. It would be nice to keep the team rooted in the human civs somehow.

Power Boy #814050 07/08/14 06:26 PM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
Mmm. International X-Vengers?

There are a ton of cool international X-folk. Colossus, Nightcrawler, Storm, Banshee, Sunfire, Wolverine, Thunderbirds I-III, Psylocke, Mirage/Moonstar, Sunspot, Wolfsbane, Karma, Northstar, etc.

International Avengers. Black Panther, Mantis, Thor (kinda/sorta), Black Widow, Swordsman, Quicksilver & Scarlet Witch (technically Euro-Romany, but rarely addressed as such), Hercules (again, kinda/sorta), Silverclaw, Lionheart.

Colossus
Storm
Nightcrawler
Black Widow
Black Panther
Swordsman
Lionheart

Three classic 'all-new X-Men,' a couple long-term Avengers, and a couple lesser developed Avengers to get a spotlight on them.

Silverclaw could replace Lionheart, easily enough.

Nightcrawler, Swordsman, Black Panther and Black Widow all on the same team might be just a little bit too much acrobatic swashbuckling melee goodness, but I'm a fan of that anyway. smile

Namor, being both an X and an A, could be an interesting pivot guy, although having him and Colossus on the same team might be redundant (and I tend to forget him as an 'International Hero,' since he's Atlantean, and doesn't represent any real world international / culture, which is the same reason I don't really count Sersi or Hepzibah or Crystal or Deathcry as 'international').

On the other hand, going with 'Detroit League' perhaps Colossus and Storm and even Nightcrawler might be a bit too 'big name' for this team...

Of those who have been both and X and an A, Namor, Storm, Wolverine, Sunspot and Sunfire, only Sunspot and Sunfire are more 'Detroit League' in standing.

Others International X peeps lower on the status pole could be Armor, Omega Sentinel, Slipstream, Lifeguard, Monet, Northstar and Pixie.

Wrapped Around Your Finger now complete in BITS!
Re: Create Your Own Team: ALL NEW MIGHTY UNCANNY AVENGERS
Power Boy #814198 07/10/14 03:44 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
I didn't mean to make my team so international, just diverse, even with asian and african characters on the team, Snowbird Jean Captain Britain and Thor make it pretty light ... but they're diverse in their own ways. So I added Xorn and Zorn and ... would like to simplify everyone on this teams powers.

Mantis kicks butt, and she's been off world too long. She is a martial artist and even uncanny at it ... mayeb a few perception powers thrown in but they celestial madonna days of elemental super manipulation of everything are not discussed.

Same with Jean, she's a very strong telekinetic.

Vision is robotic and computerific.

Black Panther is the leader and brains.

Xorn and Zorn have energy manipulation like Magneto ... but I'd like to see them have a powered up and powered down version so they get faces.

Thor is a super strong guy with a hammer.

Captain Britain might be the tactical person ... not sure if he has military experience but it would make sense if he did ... like a super human and smart Prince William.

I would use Snowbird as a super woman.

Junta is this cool cat from South America with gravity manipulation ... I'd make him more like a slippery character like Domino but instead of luck he plays with the warping of physics or uses illusions.

I'd also have to separate Darkstar and Photon by making Photon show off her energy form abilities and Darkstar is more of an energy projector or teleporter.

I envisioned this as a team that would be powerful enough check the crazy Iron Man's and Cyclopses of the world and be a human protection agency. What the Uncanny Avengers were supposed to be before they fell down the well of the endless Apocalypse Twins story line.

Jessica (having wrestled control of Hydra and their considerable resources), Black Panther and Vision support and run things while Black Panther and Jean Grey work as field team leaders.

Maybe they're based in Wakanda! laugh

Anyway, they'd start out with a core team dedicated to stopping the bleeding of the Avengers and X-Men constant rampages. And they'd have missions in Russia and China and pick up some members like Mantis, the Xorns and the Darkstar along the way.

The Xorn's a best pal brothers, would be nice change from the twins story where one's evil.

I think even Snowbird and Thor are rooted in Earth and love for humans so it makes sense they'd be on this not intergalactic cosmic team. (unlike Captain America and Iron Man who seem to be flying around space and dealing with cosmic entities all the time)

I think it's one of the better teams I've designed! laugh

[Linked Image]

Power Boy #814199 07/10/14 03:45 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Monica is supposed to be super large, she's a light projection ... that one's not because my photoshop skills are wonky ... like all the others.

Power Boy #814200 07/10/14 03:46 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Actually, the story makes even more sense because Black Panther is so anti illuminati ... and Jean ... as much of a martyr as she is she must be against the scott and emma terrorist group ... but actually i'd like to avoid all involvement with those groups.

Power Boy #815128 07/23/14 01:58 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
I always wanted an Avengers team with Angel, Beast, and Iceman. They seemed to fit that book more than the angst ridden mutants.

Power Boy #815133 07/23/14 02:37 PM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
Originally Posted by Power Boy
[Linked Image]

Is that Madrox over to the far right? It could be interesting to see his multitude of skills on an Avengers team...

Mm. I don't love all your choices, but Snowbird, Darkstar and Monica Rambeau are some heavy hitting ladies, and I love all of them!

So, I like to make lists of things for reasons that probably have more to do with OCD than anything else, and I was noticing that the Avengers have had quite a few mutant members over the years.

Pre-X-crossover Avengers - Quicksilver, the Scarlet Witch, Beast, Namor, Falcon, Justice, Firestar.

More recent X-crossover additions - Wolverine, Sunspot, Cannonball, Storm, Havok, Manifold, Rogue, Sunfire, X-23 (as a member of Avengers Academy, at least).

Other random groupings;
Black Avengers - Black Panther, Falcon, Monica Rambeau, War Machine, Triathlon, Storm, Luke Cage, Manifold, Blue Marvel, Blade, Darkhawk?, Mettle (AA), Nightmask?, Prodigy (Young Avengers)

Latino Avengers - Firebird, Living Lightning, Silverclaw, Power Man, White Tiger, Reptil (AA), Echo, Sunspot, Spider Girl (Anya), Miss America Chavez (YA), Victor la Mancha (Avengers AI)

Asian Avengers - Mantis, Amadeus Cho, Shang-Chi, Sunfire, Hazmat (AA)

AI / Robot Avengers - Vision, Human Torch (Jim Hammond), Jocasta, Machine Man, Vision 2 (Jonas), Machine Teen (AA), Victor la Mancha (A. AI)

Women Avengers - Wasp, Scarlet Witch, Black Widow, Mantis, Moondragon, Hellcat, Carol Danvers, Tigra, She-Hulk, Monica Rambeau, Mockingbird, Firebird, Invisible Woman, Sersi, Spider-Woman 2 (Julia Carpenter), Crystal, Firestar, Silverclaw, Lionheart (Kelsey Leigh Shorr), Echo, Jocasta, Stature, Spider Woman (Jessica Drew), Valkyrie, Sharon Carter/Agent 13, Power Woman (Jessica Jones), Storm, Quake (Daisy Johnson), Captain Universe, Smasher, Rogue, White Tiger.

Wrapped Around Your Finger now complete in BITS!
Power Boy #815139 07/23/14 03:31 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
That's a guy called Junta, with gravity powers (he's south american?) ... I would make him more like a matrix character ... able to switch gravity around to stick on walls and bend gravity of bullets coming towards him ... like a probability manipulator like Domino or Longshot but with gravity. not at all an energy user or telekinetic like jean or the xorn's.

Madrox on my team would be interesting .... very cool ... but not sure his personality would fit ... possibly if my team was envisioned as a checkmate team for iron man and cyclop's groups.

which is partly what i planned, i wanted them to be powerful enough to at least hold their own against the hyperions and captain universes and new smasher ... etc. but much more of a human based and earth based team.

Last edited by Power Boy; 07/23/14 03:32 PM.
Power Boy #815140 07/23/14 03:31 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Like Luke Cage's Avengers at a grander scale.

Ultra Jorge #815141 07/23/14 03:34 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Originally Posted by Ultra Jorge
I always wanted an Avengers team with Angel, Beast, and Iceman. They seemed to fit that book more than the angst ridden mutants.

Angel was on my team but then I switched him out for Snowbird.

Power Boy #815142 07/23/14 03:36 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Living Lightning is also one of my favourites but he never ends up on my teams because of Monica ...

Also, I always liked Victor son of Ultron.

Page 10 of 15 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,020
Posts1,044,997
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
Blacula
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Vik-Thor
Vik-Thor
Phoenix, AZ
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star