Roll Call
2 members (Eryk Davis Ester, thoth lad, thoth lad, thoth lad, thoth lad, thoth lad), 28 Murran Spies, and 7 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Legion Trivia 6
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/02/24 11:09 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/02/24 11:08 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/02/24 11:08 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/02/24 11:07 AM
Postlo3w stories *LATEST UPDATE 1 MAY*
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/02/24 11:01 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/02/24 10:55 AM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/02/24 10:55 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 37 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 36 37
Re: PZH update 12/17/14 -Domains
Omni #832284 12/20/14 09:26 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Online Content
Unseen, not unheard
I think Cos and Wildfire make for a great pairing! Those two are a lot of fun and have a surprising lot of similarities.

Omni #832541 12/23/14 06:52 AM
R
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
R
Wildfire's possible personality problems are quite interesting! I always felt it was kind of a waste making him a merge of two people if it was just a cutesy excuse to get the name Drake Burroughs without any real consequences outside of that!

Omni #833546 01/01/15 02:55 AM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Agreed Raz and Wildfire's got some things in store for him that i hope will give him new meaning.

read the adventures of the Reboot Legion!

http://www.legionworld.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=001232
Omni #833587 01/01/15 11:16 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Hey Omni, this is great fun, I love what you did with Crystal Kids powers - very inventive! Good to see Gim as the captain of the training facility, he'd be a natural in that role. The introduction of Barta, Candi, etc is great. Also I'm relly enjoying Wildfire and Cos' side adventure though know nothing about Domain - he seems like a pretty ruthless villain, creating games to wear down the opponents reminds me of how a cat will play with animals they catch, quite nasty really. Great you referenced Wildfire's past, as both IB and Raz say above, you handled it well.

Really looking forward to seeing where you take us next: more, more, more!

Legion Worlds NINE - wait, there's even more ongoing amazing adventures? Yup, and you'll only find them in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.
Omni #833602 01/01/15 03:01 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Thanks Harbinger!

I'm glad your liking this Legion's adventures.

Domain is someone we all know very little about. but i think its time to change that!

As I said to IB, i'm glad Crystal Kid's powers have been received well as i wasn't sure about it.

I'm so glad Wildfire and Cos is working for everyone. they have been a fun duo to write...and i've got somethings coming that i hope everyone will like.

Gim is a natural captain and even though he was leader for a short time he had great potential and in this reality Gim got to full that potential and i hope with what's coming for him I can showcase that.

Re: PZH update 01/07/15 -Domains
Omni #834071 01/07/15 04:46 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Domains Part 3.

The winds had finally stopped and Rokk still atop the T-Rex’s neck, kept the metal chains he created from the steel unicorn the T-Rex had tried to swallow around his jaws. The T-Rex’s was still thrashing a little bit to try and shake him off but Rokk had gotten him under control. Rokk road him much like a horse. He’d only been on one once and that was when he visited Garth and Ayla, not long after Garth had lost his arm on Winath. They tried to teach him how and he thought he did pretty well. That was until the horse broke into a gallop and Rokk wasn’t holding on tight enough and he ended up side down. Thankfully there was very little chance of him ending upside down and underneath this dinosaur. Rokk’s magnetism glowed brightly as he held the reigns of this giant beast. Rokk began his journey through the maze. He figured if he rode the T-Rex around it would give him an advantage. But he should have known that Domain would never allow that. The giant green T-Rex slowly shrunk between Rokk’s legs till finally the T-Rex was 8 feet tall. Still large enough for him to ride and cause plenty of damage but nowhere near what it had. Readjusting the metal trap on the T-Rex’s jaws was easy and took less effort for Rokk to control.

“I wonder if Domain is just trying to wear me down.” Rokk though as he and the T-Rex made their way through the hedge maze.

The T-Rex’s heavy footsteps cased the ground to quake just a bit but not the ripples it had sent before. Rokk did his best to ride and keep the T-Rex in line. But even he wasn’t sure it was a good idea to keep the dinosaur around. He had no clue what Domain could use it for or could transform it into. The hedges had grown over where the T-Rex had thrashed around leaving them surrounded by the hedges.

“If you want me to move you’re going to have to open a path.” Rokk shouted out.

“IF A PATH IS WHAT YOU SEEK LET ME SHOW YOU THE WAY!” Domain’s voiced boomed above in the clouds.

The hedges parted on Rokk’s left side and appeared another gravel path. Rokk’s magnetism held the iron trap round the T-Rex’s jaws as they bounded towards the path.

“SEE I KNEW YOU’D LIKE THE T-REXY AFTER A WHILE. ISN’T IT JUST SO ADORABLE? NOW MAKE YOUR WAY MY VALIANT PRINCE. YOUR FIERY PRINCESS A WAITS!”

Rokk and the T-Rex made their way down the path. It went only straight ahead. There were no twist or turns for what seemed like forever. As they made their way down the path the hedges began to changes colors from the lushes greens with random flowers sticking out, usually red roses. Slowly he hues of the leaves changed going from the dark emerald green and began to darken more and more almost looking black before lightening to a slight dark blue hue; while the roses slowly lightened and changed from the deep velvety red to a light pink till finally changing to a bright white. Each petal looking ever so delicate and almost crystal like as they turned stark white. Rokk was struck by the beauty that Domain was creating but he knew this was nothing more than an illusion of something much deadlier to come. The temperature stayed the same even though it seemed like the hedge maze was turning into a winter wonder land.

After the path had finished changing colors Rokk used his magnetism to hold the T-Rex’s jaws shut as he floated up off of the T-Rex’s back. He tried to get a vantage point at least if he could see there was a turn somewhere. But just as he was about to see above the hedge it just grew to match his height.

“NOW, NOW NO CHEATING. WE COVERED THIS ALREADY.”

“I need to have some idea where I’m going. Walking a straight path doesn’t lead me anywhere and I doubt you’d lead me straight to anything never mind Wildfire.” Rokk shouted at the sky. His frustration growing.

“FINE HERE’S A TWIST FOR YOU. RIDE THE T-REX ON AND TO YOUR LEFT, THERE YOU’LL FIND A TOWER WAITING. SCALE IT AND BRING BACK THE GLOVE OF YOUR PRECIOUS WILDFIRE!”

“If you harmed him in any way I’ll make you pay! Rokk shouted.

“IT’S JUST A REPLICA. I MAY WANT TO KILL BOTH OF YOU BUT I’VE NEVER BEEN ONE FOR DISMEMBERMENT. IT’S TOO MESSY…ALTHOUGH MURDER IN ITSELF IS MESSY…SO I GUESS YOU’LL JUST HAVE TO GET TO THE TOWER TO MAKE SURE EVERYTHING IS ALRIGHT.” Domain taunted as his voice floated in on the winds again.

Rokk and the T-Rex bounded on. Rokk staying ever vigilant for any surprises Domain may throw his way. The crystal blue and white hues of the hedges and roses glistened as the rays of the sun bounced off creating a kaleidoscope of colors bursting in Rokk’s eyes. It was enough to cause a bit of disorientation but not too blinding.

Secret Headquarters of the Legion of Super Heroes, Metropolis warehouse district.

“Lyle, any news on Cos and Wildfire?” Val asked as he joined Sensor and Dreamer and Lyle at the holo-table.

“No. we’ve studied the energy signature from here and there isn’t much we can do from here. We’re going to have to go to the museum.” Lyle said as he tried to adjust the sensors to read the wave length of the inter-dimensional energy signatures.

“But we still need a way to open the portal.” Sensor pointed out.

“I know but the best way to find that out is to try and open it on site.” Lyle said.

“Maybe we should check in with the other team and see if they could go in. Gear might be able to help with finding a way to open the portal to Domain’s domain.” Nura said. The sound of Domain’s name still sounding odd in her head.

“Good idea. But I hate to pull them, from trying to find Brin and Shikari.”
Lyle’s fingers glided over the surface of the holo tables panels. Opening a secure channel to Gear’s ring.

“Gear, we have a situation. Cosmic Boy and Wildfire have been kidnapped by an inter-dimensional being known as Domain. He’s a killer for hirer, who was hired in our home reality before its destruction to kill Cosmic Boy. He was thought to have perished with the rest of our reality. But it seems he somehow survived within his dimension. However, we think he’s unaware of what has happened and that he has nothing any more. Thus canceling his contract.” Lyle spoke evenly.

“Where did the portal open up to capture them?” Gear’s melodic voice sounded as his holo image floated on the side screen.

“At the Superman and Flash Museum. The energy signature to the door way is still strong and we might be able to find away to open it. But we haven’t come up with anything just yet.” Lyle said.

“No problem Invisible Kid. We’ll head right over. Just to bring you up to speed on our search we found an energy signature that resembles a personalized stargate that teleported them away. But we aren’t able to trace its location. We left a micro-transmitter behind to let us know if it appears again. We’ve been flying around trying to see if it the particular signature shows up anywhere. I’ve already connected the remote micro-transmitter to headquarters. It will be running continuously till the same energy signature appears again.” Gear informed them.

Dreamer’s eyes glazed over momentarily before she spoke.

“Sensor should meet them there.” Dreamer said.

“I guess my presence has been predestined.” Sensor said as she rose and without hesitation took flight and hovered for a moment before leaving.

“Was there anything else to that vision Dreamer?’ Sensor asked.

“Just that you were the key to helping Cos and Wildfire stop Domain.”

“You said stop not rescue…” Sensor said as she continued to hover.

“Once Gear opens the door you both need to go in to help defeat Domain before you can rescue them.”

“I see. Then I better get moving.” A scowl crossed her face for a moment. Sensor wasn’t thrilled with the prospect of getting captured; especially if she wasn’t sure exactly how she was supposed to do so to save her teammates.

“Just remember sometimes we can’t always see what’s right in front of us.” Dreamer called up to her as Sensor flew out the skylight and towards the Superman and Flash Museum.

Domain’s Dimension:

In another part of the deadly hedge maze the hedges were still bright and leafy green with red roses intermittently throughout the hedges.

Wildfire looked around and was confused for a moment before he remembered what happened.

“Anyone get the license plate off that dinosaur?” Wildfire called out groggily.

“NO, BUT I’M SURE YOUR INSURANCE COVERS DINOSAURS. NOW WAKE-Y WAKE-Y WILDFIRE, YOUR PRINCE IS ON HIS WAY!” Domain’s voiced glided in on the wind.

Wildfire looked down and saw that he was in a pink princess gown and was wearing a blond wig. Wildfire tried to lift his arms but when he looked to either side he was tied down. Looking around he realized it was a wheel that he was tied to Wildfire tried to fire off a few blast of energy through his use-weave suit around his wrist but the ropes which tied him to the wheel didn’t burn. They caught fire briefly and before he could try to budge to break them the fire fades away leaving a smoldering rope that’s tighter than before.

“Seriously man. Let me go or at least get rid of this get up.” Wildfire shouted out to the sky.

“SORRY BUT THIS IS JUST WORKING FOR ME AT THE MOMENT.”

Domain’s voice sounded closer than it ever had this whole time he’d trapped them. As Wildfire looked up he saw for the first time ever DOMAIN, who walked in from underneath a hedge trellis. His white balled head showing even in the darkest shadows, while his trench coat which was black as night blended into the shadows under the trellis making him look like a floating head. Domain moved closer and out from under the trellis. His eyes were a cold bright yellow. His trench coat came up around his head covering the lower part of his face. His stride seemed almost effortless, when Wildfire realized he wasn’t walking but floating just inches above the ground.

“Too lazy to walk?” Wildfire spat

“NO. I JUST ENJOY A GOOD FLOAT. BESIDES IT WORKED WELL WITH MY ENTRANCE. DON’T YOU THINK?”

Domain’s voice sent chills through Wildfire at this close proximity.

“Eh, I’ve seen better.”

“HAHA. EVER THE OBSTINATE ONE, AREN’T YOU WILDFIRE?”

“I do my part. So what can we do about the outfit? I mean seriously a damsel in distress?” That’s the best you’ve got?”

“I’M SORRY DO YOU FIND MY WHIMSICAL WAY OF PROVIDING YOUR DEMISE NOT CHALLENGING ENOUGH?”

“When you’ve been created through the process of two different people dying and then sucked through creation itself to end up in an uncharted galaxy facing a god and have your own energies used as a power source for a dying world in a different reality, then we can talk challenging. By the way that’s just the cliff notes version.” Wildfire let out a small stream of energy from his face mask. He hoped it suggested a smug smile and not enough to clue Domain in that he could fully blast him once he got closer.

Domain moved closer to Wildfire standing next to the wheel. Domain placed his hand on the wheel as if he were about to spin it. But just rested it there.

“TELL ME MORE, TELL ME MORE. I LOVE A GOOD FIGHT.” Domain teased.

“Sure!”

And just as Wildfire uttered those words he let out a blast of energy out from his mask hitting Domain head on. Domain fell back and covered his face. Even though he was cowering Wildfire didn’t stop his assault on Domain. He knew he couldn’t give him a moment to react. But as Wildfire continued to fire he struggled to get free of the wheel and as he struggled the wheel began to tilt till finally he was in a full blown spin and his blast was no longer concentrated on Domain. Domain took that moment to move out of Wildfire’s range and put up a force field to protect himself.

“AHHH! THAT ACTUALLY HURT YOU STUPID SAGQUD” Domain hollered as he turned to face Wildfire. His once stark white head was now a scarred chard red. His black trench coat’s collar was smoldering as the flickers of flam died out. But as Domain’s blood red eyes stared at Wildfire. The wheel came to a dead stop and slowly turned him upside right. He had stopped his blast at this point.

Wildfire stared back at him intently. He was happy to know that Domain could be hurt but he was still no closer to figuring out how to free himself.

“YOU’LL PAY FOR THAT. IF YOU THOUGHT WHIMSICAL WAS BAD I’LL SHOW YOU WHAT MY DARKER SIDE IS LIKE DON’T YOU WORRY!” Domain threatened as he moved back towards Wildfire.

Domain’s scarred red head had begun to heal and turn back to its chalk white complexion. Wildfire marveled at how fast he healed himself.

“THIS IS MY DOMAIN AND ANYTHING I WANT TO HAPPEN HERE HAPPENS AND THAT INCLUDES THE HEALING MODIFICATIONS I MADE TO THIS PLACE AFTER MY LAST ENCOUNTER WITH YOUR COSMIC BOY.”

Wildfire continued to try and struggle and as he did something unexpected happened. His feet and hands ignited into flames much like they used to before his life as Wildfire. His Blast-Off powers had somehow returned. He wasn’t sure why but he was kind of thank full. He remembered how fast he could be. It had been millennia since he done this but he had to try. Pushing himself hard he took off from the wheel finally breaking the restraints. The flames busting from him caught Domain off guard blocking himself from the flames he lost track of where Wildfire had gone.

“YOU CAN’T HIDE LONG! I’M A GOD HERE! I WILL FIND YOU!” Domain shouted to the fast disappearing flames left behind by Wildfire.

Last edited by Omni; 01/08/15 09:44 AM.

Omni #834290 01/09/15 05:52 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Online Content
Unseen, not unheard
Wow! Wildfire regressing to Blast-Off, Cos riding a dinosaur, what fun! Looking forward to the finale, Omni!

Omni #835009 01/14/15 05:22 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
The Superman and Flash Museum.

Sensor had entered into the Superman and Flash Museum and instantly was greeted by Jenny at the front desk below the towering golden statues of the two heroes.

“Hi and welcome…” but before Jenny could continue Sensor flew off in to the hall on the upper left and down to the hall of allies. She found M’Onel, Gear and Chameleon standing near the area where the portal would be.

“Gentlemen. Any luck opening the portal?” Sensor asked as she landed beside Chameleon.

“Not yet. I’m about to attempt my third try. But I have identified the dimensional frequency this Domain person uses. It should allow us to at least access the portal. However allowing us entry is another thing. We are unaware of the traps and fail safes Domain has in place to keep people out.” Gear said as he read his palm as two green cords extended out from his pointer and middle fingers to the holo image that Domain has used to come to into this reality.

“Why are they attached to the Holo image again?” Chameleon asked

“It is the entry way Domain used. There is no other energy outside of this one holo; I have a theory that Domain uses the holo projection as an easy access point using the light illumination and it’s power to power his own doorways. From the file I read he doesn’t have any known powers outside of his Domains and potentially the ability to draw in/ teleport people into his dimensions.” Gear said his tone mellow and melodic. The holo light reflected off of him and made him seem as angelic.

“Do we need to worry about being disturbed by anyone? Senor looked around uneasily.

“No. I did both a perimeter and a room by room sweep. There are very few sentient’s within the museum and Gear connected with the A.I. technology running this place to mark this room as closed for repairs, once you arrived.” M’Onel said as he stood there crossing his arms and brining his left hand to his chin as he starred at the holo image Gear was still connected to.

“Too many missing teammates.” M’Onel thought to himself.

“I think I’ve got the right frequency and key pattern to reopen the portal.” Gear said as his palm began to glow changing the color of his eyes from a bright white to a dazzling blue-green.

The portal began to swirl open. Slowly revealing a dazzling bright white light and a rush of wind.

“Well portal open. Now what?” Chameleon asked.

“YOU DIE!” Domain’s face popped out of the portal as he pulled Gear’s cords and thus pulled him into the portal.

Chameleon stretches out his arms to try and grab Gear and M’Onel rushed forward at top speed to try and grab hold of Gear’s legs. But Domain pushed them back each being thrown into the air and suspended there. . Not noticing Sensor as she hadn’t moved right away she stood ready to whip her tail out and grab Gear, but as she aimed her tail and grabbed a hold of his leg Gear had slipped through. She tried her best to stand her ground and pull Gear back. But eventually she felt him ripped away and when she pulled her tail out she saw she had ripped off Gear’s foot. The circuitry was already trying to repair itself searching for the rest of the body.

“We’ll I guess this is how I come to the rescue. With foot in hand!” Sensor quickly jumped into the portal and just as Cham and M’Onel were released from their suspended state.

Chameleon stretched his arms out again to grab Sensor’s hands but the portal closed just as their hands touched.

“Jerka!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” Chameleon screamed.

Domain’s dimension

Gear was falling for what seemed like forever before he looked back to see his left foot was missing. He didn’t bleed like most sentient beings. His circuitry was trying to repair itself from the injury. The green organic nannite machinery sensed that the foot was still intact and instead of creating a new foot Gear, a green cover was formed over the site of the detached limb.

Sensor held Gear’s detached foot tightly to her chest as she flew down after Gear. She wasn’t even sure if she was directly behind him. But figured it was the best strategy. Sensor noticed the toe had started to light up almost like a homing beacon and as she flew on the light had turned into a small strobbing effect. She knew she must be getting close. Reaching out with her mind she tried to contact Gear to confirm her suspicion.

“Gear, are you falling nearby? Your foot is blinking.” Sensor flew on and the world around her was nothing much swirls of various images till finally below she saw the Hedge maze but still no Gear.

“Hello. I believe you have something of mine.” Gear said as he appeared next to her.

“Where did you come from?”

“I’ve been falling for a while before you contacted me and once you did I used the homing beacon to find you. It wasn’t easy trying to find you in a space that is ever changing. I feel through a world of worms that watched TV and then through one where there was nothing but clouds…but the clouds rained sparkles that sliced through anything they came in contact with.”

“Then why aren’t you all cut up?”

“Self repairing…which also I may have my foot back.” Gear gestured to his foot which was completely luminescent at this point.

“Of course.” Sensor handed him the foot.

The protective cover on the ends of the foot and Gear’s ankle retracted and once Gear put his foot close to the ankle cords and circuitry extended out reconnecting the two. Sensor had never seen anything like it.

“I think that’s where Cos and Wildfire are. She pointed to the hedge maze. But I’m not too sure we’re being allowed to go there as we still keep falling although its only mere clicks away.” Sensor said as she tried to push herself forward using her flight ring to propel her.

“I think we’ll arrive sooner than you think.” Gear said as the ground rushed to meet them.

They both instinctively turned themselves around to land feet first. But Domain changed the direct they were falling and they crashed into some hedges. Sensor’s long beige tail covered Gear.

“Well I guess we should have seen that coming.” Sensor said as she pulled up her tail off of Gear and stood up brushing herself off. She had a couple branches stuck in her full pink hair.

“You missed a few.” Gear reached out and took them from her hair. She smiled and thanked him. Sensor blushed for a moment before her senses were alive as she smelled the fear that was coating the entire area.

“Someone nearby is very afraid. But I’m unsure who it is…”

“RAWWWWWW” the sound of interrupted Sensor.

“What was that?” Sensor readied herself curing her tail in even tighter, ready to use its momentum to spring upward.

Gear’s hands turned into a low level stun gun and pulse cannon ready to fire but as they stood ready around the corner came Rokk on his mini T-Rex, whose jaws had let out that roar when he pulled on the reins to turn the dinosaur around the corner.

“Cosmic Boy!” they both yelled in unison.

Rokk smiled wide as he jumped off the T-Rex, still using his magnetism to hold the reins in place Rokk ran to his friends.

“OH Man, please tell me you’re here! Please say this is really and not a trick from Domain.” Rokk said grasping both their arms gently. He seemed a bit desperate to both of them but neither one was sure what Domain had done to him while he was here.

“Yes, Rokk it’s us. We’ve come to rescue you and Wildfire. Somehow.” Sensor said with a slim smile.

“You can help me find Wildfire. We’ve been separated for a while now. Domain has challenged me to go find him in a Tower. I found the Tower but neither Wildfire nor Domain was there. I’ve been searching around this hedge maze since. Rokk said. His blue eyes looking so tired.

“We will find him Cosmic Boy. Don’t worry.” Gear said trying to sooth their frazzled leader.

“Who’s your friend here?” Sensor made her way over to the T-Rex and gently stroked his nose. He responded kindly, kinder than Rokk had seen him the entire time.

“Sensor how’d you do that?” Rokk asked

“Do what?”

“Make him so calm?”

“Hmm…oh he must recognize my reptilian heritage and I think he finds me pretty...” Sensor smiled shyly as the T-Rex nuzzled her gently. She read his the surface of his mind but was met with nothing but static.

“Is he real?” Sensor asked.

“I’m not sure. I’m under the assumption no and that he’s just a construct of Domain’s making. Why do you get anything from his mind?”

“No…just static. But that’s not common with beings that don’t have higher thought functions at least for me. Saturn Girl might be able to say otherwise.”
“Well let’s get under way and find Wildfire. Rokk said taking the reins again of the T-Rex.

Sensor and Gear walked alongside Rokk and the T-Rex as they looked for signs of Wildfire or Domain. The hedge maze had grown eerily quiet. The winter like foliage still pervaded much of the hedge maze, only the flowers changed colors mixing between reds, blues, whites, and pinks.

“Domain must be nearby or at least watching us if the colors are still changing this much.” Rokk cautioned.

“YOU’VE CAUGHT ON TO ONE OF MY LITTLE “TELL”. STILL HAVEN’T FOUND WILDFIRE I SEE. MAYBE IT’S TIME I SHOW YOU…”

“Wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Guys he doesn’t have me! He doesn’t have me!” Wildfire came flying in to greet them. His flames bursting forth from his hands and feet still.

All three looked at him in shock. Gear and Rokk had never seen that demonstration of his power. But Sensor had. When he was Blast-Off. Wildfire landed gracefully next to Gear. The flames made the T-Rex shy away.

“Wildfire your safe!” Rokk exclaimed as he jumped back down from the T-Rex.

“Yeah, last ditch attempt to get away and it worked. Dud-main had me on a spinning wheel.”

“DON’T FORGET THE PRINCESS GOWN AND THE BLOND WIG!” Domain’s voice boomed around them.

The winds picked up and the ground beneath them began to shake. The T-Rex began to thrash about in fear as the ground lifted up and threw Rokk off of his back. Rokk’s magnetism weakening with Rokk’s distraction. The T-Rex roared as its jaws opened. Suddenly as the T-Rex continued to roar it grew three times its size. Without thinking Wildfire began firing on the T-Rex. Wildfire half expected to fly into the T-Rex when he started firing as his Blast-Off flames were just coming out of them moments ago. The blast hit the T-Rex square in the nose and the Wildfire fired two more hitting it in the chest and jaw.

“RWWWWWWWWWWW” the T-Rex’s mouth opened wide breathing out hot burst of wind at Wildfire sending him flying back.

Rokk grabbed hold of the chains the T-Rex had broken free from and wrapped them around the T-Rex’s jaws again. But due to his increased size they snapped easily. Rokk tried over and over to remake them. But they just kept breaking and getting weaker with each time. Gear’s hand opened up and sonic green cannon formed in its place. As Gear aimed at the T-Rex, the T-Rex grew another three feet and 600 lbs, it ran straight forward at them sending the ground into violent earthquakes. Gear was thrown off balance sending his blast towards Sensor and wasn’t very lucky as the sonic cannon was attuned to a reptilian wavelength. It caused her eyes to shake causing her to hallucinate and see a giant ghost. But that combined with Sensor’s own mental powers made the ghost appear.

The giant ghost was a shrouded skeleton in a white grey tattered robe with a giant sickle in his hands. But the skeleton wasn't completely humanoid but that of a giant version of her own evolved reptilian skeleton. As the giant skeletal snake ghost slithered towards the T-Rex it ran towards it. The sickle sliced across the T-Rex’s head passing through it seemingly harmlessly. But the T-Rex immediately began to cower and run away as the giant skeletal snake ghost still kept coming. Making the ground quake again causing each of them to lose their footing. The giant skeletal snake ghost’s sickle seemed to cause great fear in the T-Rex. When the shaking finally stopped Sensor had fallen and hit her head leaving her unconscious. But the giant skeletal snake ghost hadn’t disappeared. It was still slithering towards them. But as it moved and it got smaller. The T-Rex was gone and could barely be heard in the distance.

“Everyone OK?” Rokk called out.

“Aside from feeling a little queasy I’m good.” Wildfire said crawling out from in between the crevasses that were left from the quakes.

“I’m fine as well. I have not sustained any damage.” Gear’s hands and legs slowly began resealing the cuts that he had sustained during the entire rumble. The sonic cannon still at his side before in a nano second the green cannon had changed back to his hand.

“Where’s Sensor?” Rokk looked around in a panic. He didn’t see where she had gone and thought Domain may have taken her as part of a new challenge.

“She’s over here!” Gear called finding her unconscious in a heap of the hedges covering her.

Rokk and Wildfire ran over to them. But as they did they Skeletal snake ghost slithered towards them.

“What is that thing?” Wildfire said instantly trying to slag it with an energy blast. But each blast passed through it.

Rokk tried to magnetize the sickle but it wasn’t budging.

The two of them tried to fly around it but as they did it just changed its direction and began to go after them. Extending its long boney arms to swing the sickle at them. It barely reached either of them but the blast of icy cold energy wafted from it. Rokk shivered as he felt it.

“Is this a new trick from Domain?”
“SORRY GENTLEMEN BUT THAT’S NOT MY DOING.” The joy in his voice boomed through sunny sky.

“If it’s not him then its…” Both Wildfire and Rokk turned to see the unconscious Sensor with Gear by her side.

The distraction was momentary enough for the skeletal snake ghost to catch up with them. Slicing through both of them. Rokk and Wildfire fell to the ground instantly both into the fetal position.

“So…So...C...c…Cold…Ja….Jazmin… Pol...” Rokk’s mind swirled with the people he loved but all he could see was their deaths and his separation from them. Rokk’s fear was consuming him.

“Uggg…gg...jj...” Wildfire seemed much worse he couldn’t form any words. His mind was no longer his own. It was lost to his fear of being nothing of his energy leaving him.

Gear watched in horror as the two of them fell. He turned to try and revive Sensor before the Skeletal Snake Ghost reached them. Gear gently tapped Sensor’s face but she wasn’t waking up. But as the Skeletal Snake Ghost reached them and raised the sickle over its head it disappeared in a waft. Gear realized that if Sensor was creating this it meant his senses were being affected and if he could turn off his senses, and filter out the psychic manipulation from Sensor; make a psychic dampener in his head he should be able to disrupt it as Sensor would no longer have a mind to affect, as he theorized that it only still existed because it sought out to attack the active minds around it. Once a mind had been attacked the Skeletal Snake Ghost would no longer seek it out.

“By damn.” Gear breathed a sigh of relief

Gear tried to nudge Sensor again but she still wasn’t waking up. Gear left her to go and check on Rokk and Wildfire. Gear took out his Omnicom and scanned both of them. They seemed to be in mild shock resulting from the intense emotional imagery they were receiving from Sensor, which in turn over loaded them. Gear wasn’t sure how long their state of shock would last. But he hoped it wasn’t long as he wasn’t sure how long they had till Domain’s next strike.

Sensor began to stir, as she sat up her pink hair fell into her white eyes as she looked to see Gear examining her teammates.

“Gear! What happened?” Sensor called out as she flew over to them.

“They were attacked by a….” Gear took a moment to try and phrase this correctly.

“By a psychic manifestation of a ghostly serpent, much like yourself with a sickle and in tattered robes.”
“Was it sent by Domain? He can affect people on a psychic level?”

“No. the psychic manifestation came from you while you were unconscious from the earthquakes.”

The look of horror on Sensor’s face was enough to break what Gear would classify as his heart.

“No…I did this to them? Sensor instantly bent down and began trying to sooth Rokk and Wildfire’s pain.

“Sensor what are you doing?”

“I can feel the psychic distress they are in and its clear each is experiencing their own worst nightmares and over loading their senses. I’m going to try and change that. Send in some calm and soothing images. While using some of their favorite scents to help rouse them and make them feel comfortable. It the most I can do.” Her hands glided over their heads. Rokk’s soft jet black hair was tussled up in her fingers. Sensor had to resist the urge to play with his hair as she did her own and to indulge in the sensation of how different it was from her how and to play with someone else’s hair as opposed to her own.

While her other hand rested on Wildfire’s hard use-weave helmet. Sensor did her best to reach Wildfire’s mind but found it rather difficult. She found it odd. She had never had trouble reaching his mind before. It always seemed to be rather open to her. But now it was swirling and distant. But she was able to pull a couple thoughts in to help sooth him. They were hazy thoughts to her but they had meaning to him.

“GAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!” both Wildfire and Rokk gasped as they shot up. Sensor using her telepathic powers to stimulate an adrenaline rush in them.

“Gear, what are their readings?”

“Both are mentally functioning again. Rokk is stabilized but his breathing is a bit too shallow and Wildfire’s energy is no longer in fluctuation.” Gear announced.

“Thank grief.” Sensor said as she leaned back and breathed a sign.

“DOES THIS MEAN WE CAN RESUME OUR GAME? I’M EGGER TO PLAY WITH MY NEW OPPONENTS…ESPECIALLY THE PINK HAIRED MAIDEN.” Domain’s voice boomed.

The hedge maze started to reform itself.

“Is he serious?” Sensor questioned as she looked around to the others.

“Deadly I’m afraid.” Rokk said standing.

Rokk fixed his hair as he realized how messy it was. Sensor smiled to herself for a moment.

“How’s everyone doing?” Rokk checked in.

“Good and ready for whatever this SAJQU! Has to offer!” Wildfire roared to the sky.

“We need a plan of attack first dear.” Sensor tried to calm Wildfire but she sensed something bursting in him.

“I say now that we have a true maiden in my realm you should try and find her!” with those words Sensor was no longer by their side. But up high in a tower just beyond their reach.

“This guy has a thing for the damsel in distress doesn’t he?”

“It appears that way.” Rokk’s stare was unmoving as he looked at the tower where Sensor had been taken.

The team stood ready to rescue their friend but before they could do that they had to defeat the obstacle in front of them, the Giant Skeletal Snake Ghost was standing before them sickle in hand.

“Please tell that’s not the same one we just fought?” Wildfire began to fly up. The puffs of smoke and fire that billowed up around his legs showed he still had access to his Blast-Off powers.

“I LIKED YOU’RE FRIENDS IMAGINATION AND SO I APPROPRIATED HER STUNNING VISUALS.” Domain’s voiced thundered above them.

Meanwhile Sensor heard his voice much clearer and softer.

“They truly are stunning. You’re ability to create that creature is wondrous. Are you able to access a dimension like mine and call forth creatures?”

“No. “Sensor answered simply

“HMM…WELL IF THAT CREATURE WASN’T FROM A DIMENSION LIKE MINE…WAS IT FROM METAL POWERS WHICH YOU CLEARLY POSSES IF YOU WERE ABLE TO ROUSE YOUR COMPANIONS AS YOU DID.” Domain’s voice was deep and lushes as he stepped forth from the shadows of the room, at the top of the tower he created for Sensor. She sat in the window unable to move while the sun shone brightly down on her.
Sensor knew she was being held in place by Domain. This was his dream scenario. Sensor tried to probe his mind. But she was met with nothing but resistance.

“THAT’S SWEET OF TO WANT TO GET TO KNOW ME BETTER BUT I DO MUCH PREFER THE SUBLET BANTER OF A CONVERSATION THAT A MIND WITCH TRYING TO LEARN MY SECRETS.” Domain’s voice never lost its smooth lush sound as he threatened her.

“Fine dear have it your way. What is your fascination with the damsel in distress routine? My friend Wildfire would really like to know.” Sensor flashed Domain the broadest grin she could muster.

“NOT PARTICULARLY. ALTHOUGH IT HAS PROVIDED MUCH ENTERTAINMENT.” DOMAIN’S LEFT HAND SHOT UP AND INSTANTLY THERE WAS A HOLO OF WILDFIRE IN THE BLOND WING AND PRINCESS GOWN.

“hahmmmeckmmm…” Sensor tried to stifle a laugh.

“AS MUCH AS I’M OUT TO FULFILL MY CONTRACT AND KILL YOUR FRIEND COSMIC BOY, I DO ENJOY HAVING SOME FUN FIRST.”

“But that’s just it your contract no longer exists.” Sensor took this moment to try and reason with Domain and inform him of his state of affairs.

“WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?” Domain’s moved towards Sensor. She now found herself free to move from her window seat.

“Your accounts, every credit you ever earned killing people has been for lack of a better word erased.” Sensor’s voice trembled as she said those words aloud.

“THIS IS A TRICK. YOUR JUST DISTRACTING ME FROM YOUR FRIENDS DOWN THERE.”

“I’m not lying and I can even share the events of our worlds passing with you. Just let down your psychic shields.” Sensor slithered towards him her slender fingers reaching out for his white round hairless head.

Domain’s mind began to swirl with the images of the legion fighting the fatal 500 and reality being cut away, then of the reentry into reality multiple times only. Although while Sensor is filling his mind with as much of the emotion behind each separation, jaunt, and loss they had all felt. She hopped that this show of emotion might help turn the tide in their battle.

“NICE TRY MIND WITCH!” Domain flung Sensor back against her original spot in the window.

“Ahhh!” Sensor fell back into the wall almost falling out the window.

“I DON’T BELIEVE YOU. IT’S NOT TRUE!” Before Sensor could say anything Domain shimmered out of the tower room.

“I think he’s gone and I think he’s not too happy with the information I shared with him!” Sensor called down to her teammates.

“What happened?” Gear called up.

Sensor leapt from the tower window and flew down to her friends.

“I told him the truth. That our reality no longer existed and I showed him everything that happened. He then went into denial and shimmered away.” Sensor informed them as she fixed her hair from falling in her eyes.

The tower and the Giant Skeletal Snake Ghost stood there unmoving. The air around them seems to almost stop.

“Does anyone feel that?” Sensor asked her reptilian sense altered her to the change in the air. Since her evolution many of her sense had been heightened. The one she currently felt stimulated was the one that could tell the change in air pressure. Even though there was plenty of air to breath and there was no chance of suffocating. But there was no air flow around them anymore.

The world around them slowly turned to gray scale.

“What’s happening now?” Rokk swiftly turned around his hands flaring up to a bright purple glow as his magnetism reformed his crude steel spear.

“With Domain’s exit from this domain it seems everything goes into a hibernation mode of sort.” Gear said as he took readings of their surroundings his green eyes glowing against the grey scale.

“That’s perfect this may give us the time we need to regroup.” Rokk said as he let his guard down for the first time in a while.

“Do you think we can reason with him once he comes back?” Sensor coiled herself up.

“Probably not. He could go even crazier for all we know.” Wildfire’s opinion was the one they all were afraid to say.

“Can we use his exit to create one of our own?” Rokk paced slightly.

“I’ve already started taking readings to find a portal entry. I’m hoping to find a residue of Domain’s energy signature. If I do it will lead to us hopefully to away out.” Gear’s green eyes lit up the grey world around them as his Omnicom scanned.

“Did you guys have a plan when you entered or were you captured?” Rokk asked

“A little bit of both.” Sensor replied.

“Would you care to explain?” Rokk crossed over to her to listen intently.

“Dreamer said that both of us had to get captured in order to stop Domain and then rescue you.”

“So the only way out was to go in.” Rokk said his mind working on tactics as they spoke on where to go next.

“Dreamer also said…”

“Telepathically tell me. We don’t know if Domain is still monitoring us.” Rokk thought to her.

Sensor’s soothing voice entered Rokk’s mind effortlessly.

“Nura said “Just remember sometimes we can’t always see what’s right in front of us.””

“We can’t always see what’s right in front of us?” Rokk stumbled over the thought for a moment.

“Was there anything else?” Wildfire asked who had also switched to telepathic means of communication.

“Beep! Beep!”

“I’ve found something.” Gear announced joining them all telepathically.

“Well what is it?” Wildfire asked impatiently.

“It’s the portal. The tower is the portal. We just need to get back to the top and into that room, which is where the strongest of the readings are coming from. I sent a few nannites up there to search for the energy signature that matched the one at the museum.

“Then let’s go Legionnaires!” Wildfire shouted as he took off the puffs of smoke and flame trailing him.

But the tower was inaccessible. The grey scale wasn’t just a color change it made everything around them two dimensional. Wildfire actually hit a force field and smacked down to the ground.

“Ouch…that hurt...” Wildfire said as he rubbed his head.

“When Domain leaves everything becomes dormant. Then we wait for his return and take him down and escape.” Rokk’s confidence and determination had returned. He knew this was going to work, it had to work.

“What about Gear’s nannites? How’d they make it up there?” Wildfire walked back over to the group still rubbing his head.

“I sent them up before the tower was completely gray scaled. And I’m currently having issues recalling them. But they are sending me a live feed of what it is going on up there. I’ve merged a couple of them to form a camera, while the others are taking readings.” Gear’s tone was flat and easy as he informed them.

“Can you show us what is up there, Gear?” Rokk’s attention was squarely on Gear now.

“Sensor can you please assist me with showing everyone the tower room?”

“Of course.” Sensor closed her eyes and concentrated.

Even though they were already linked telepathically pulling images from Gear’s mind was slightly challenging as it was organic but it was still machinery. It wasn’t like any other mind she touched. Slowly the connection was being made between Gear’s nannites up in the tower and to the minds of herself, Rokk, and Wildfire. The images had a bright green hue to the edges of their vision now. As they looked at a portal swirling with white light and winds that blew the drapes of the tower room around. They too were grey scale but still had movement opposed to the rest of the landscape. Gear surmised it was due to their proximity to the open portal.

Superman and Flash Museum; Hall of Allies. (Chameleon and M’Onel.)

“We’ll Sensor said she needed to get captured somehow. When she was en route.”

“Yeah, but I had hoped that it wasn’t going to be as dramatic.” M’Onel said standing and stretching.

The two of them had been on portal watch for the last few hours. Invisible Kid tried to instruct them on how to recreate what Gear had done. But Dreamer reminded him this was what was supposed to happen.

“Think they will be back soon?” Chameleon asked looking up at M’Onel.

“I honestly don’t know Cham. We could be here for a few more hours.”

“I just hope they come back OK and soon.” The two of them knew more the team couldn’t handle more missing teammates in this strange reality.

Last edited by Omni; 01/14/15 05:27 PM.

Omni #835042 01/14/15 11:52 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Domain’s Dimension

“Gear any chance you can tell when he’s coming back?” Rokk asked his own impatience getting the better of him. it felt like Domain had been gone forever. Even though he hadn’t physically seen or even spent much time with Domain while here, he knew his presence was everywhere. But now it wasn’t and that made Rokk even more uneasy because now he really had no idea if they would make it out of here.

“Yes, actually he’s back now!” Gear screamed as the scenery came to life.

But not only did everything change back to its vibrant hues but the Giant Skeletal Snake Ghost came to life to and began trying to slither after them. The sickle swinging wildly. None of them were sure if it held the same power it did as one of Sensor’s illusion or was just the muscle to keep them distracted.

“Scatter!” Rokk called to the team as they each took to the sky trying to escape the swipes of the sickle.

Rokk instantly magnetizes the sickle and stops it from slashing into Sensor as she flew up and tried to go over head into the tower room. Rokk held it back as Sensor made her way past. But his hold of the sickle was slipping as sweat poured down his face. The Giant Skeletal Snake Ghost’s strength was pushing Rokk to his limits. As soon as Sensor was clear Rokk let go and the sickle swung fast and hard sending the Skeletal arms twisting about and breaking off at the elbows. The loud clatter of the sickle threw them all off.

“WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH THE WORLD? ALL MY ACCOUNTS EVERY OFF PLANET ACCOUNT IS GONE! MY HOME ON NALTOR AND VENEGAR 4 ALL GONE! WHERE HAVE YOU HIDDEN THEM YOU MIND WITCH! I KNOW YOUR RESPONSIBLE. DID YOU REALLY THINK THIS TRICK WOULD WORK AND I’D GIVE YOU BACK YOUR PRECIOUS COSMIC BOY?”

Domain had indeed returned and was angry. The pleasant skies had turned to thunder storms, with red and blue lighting flashing. The tower had disappeared. Leaving the swirling white light portal open and sucking in everything around it. Domain’s angry eye’s flashed in the sky when the red lighting struck the Giant Skeletal Snake Ghost destroying it to ashes.

“Looks like he’s mad!” Wildfire yelled as he tried to rush the portal now that the Giant Skeletal Snake Ghost had been destroyed. But as he made his way a giant swarm of grelian humming insects from Grelia. They were small and might and had a Syrian’s song to ward off anyone who tried to advance on their territory. The frequency of the sound drove Wildfire to fly back down away from the portal.

“I’M NOT MAD! I’M FURIOUS AND IF YOU DON’T GIVE BACK EVERYTHING YOU STOLE I WILL MAKE SURE YOU’LL PAY FOR THE NEXT THOUSAND YEARS!” Domain threatened.

“Can he really keep us here for a thousand years?” Sensor yelled as she flew on the edge of the swarm trying to use her illusion powers to use the swarm against each other and clear a path for them to try and escape.

“No, I think were alive for as long as were alive. Time doesn’t slow down in here does it Domain?” Rokk shouted up sending his spear around through the swarm.

“CLEARLY COSMIC BOY! I CAN’T CONTROL TIME! NOW GIVE ME WHAT’S MINE!” Domain’s voice boomed around them as the lighting and thunder increased.

The skies were darker than they had ever been and the wind picked up. Domain’s anger swelled. The entire dimension was being wiped away.

“Gear get up there with Sensor! Drake follow me and cover him. we’re going to rush that portal. Wildfire take out as many of the swarm as you can!” Rokk strained to be heard over the winds as it took to much concentration to maneuver his steel spear through the swarm and keep the telepathic link up at the moment.

The group of battered Legionnaires made their way towards the mind splitting song of swarm. Sensor’s illusions had worked and there was a path to the portal. But it wasn’t clear as it could be. Gear used a pulse cannon that redirected the sound at the swarm. But it had little effect other than confusing them to fly in circles. Gear changed the frequency and they drove themselves away. Meanwhile both Wildfire and Cosmic Boy did their best to fight off those advancing at the rear as they made their way.

“IT WON’T BE THAT EASY!” domains voiced boomed again and he appeared before them destroying everything in his path, including them. The blue and red lighting intensified as they moved forward. The swarm growing three times their normal size, making them bigger obstacles for the Legionnaires. The clouds grew thicker and the air grew colder.

“Remember what Dreamer said! We can’t always see what’s right in front of us!” Sensor thought to the team.

“What are you talking about?” Wildfire asked slagging five of the enlarged humming insects.
“In plain sight! We have to hide in plain sight and send him searching for us.” Sensor thought frantically,

“But how can we do that? His mind is immune to telepathy.” Wildfire said.

“But not my illusions. That’s why Dreamer said I needed to be here. I need to blend us in with our environment and make him think we’re hiding some place. Get him to abandon the portal.

Before anyone could say anything Sensor had hidden them completely from every one of Domain’s sense. As she did this she began to try and scan his mind to see just how close of a connection existed between Domain and his dimension were. Domain’s mind was a range of anger and confusion. But the control exhibited over his dimension was incredible. Sensor could feel the amount of mental capacity he had to create all these scenarios and have them continuously running. Soon Sensor found her answer. His mind and senses were tied to the dimension and she knew what she had to do. Soon all of them were standing mere feet away from Domain and the portal but he still stared at them as if they were still a few hundred feet away at the edge of the swarm.

“He’s seeing what I want him to. His dimension is completely tied to his senses and mind.” Sensor informed the team as they all kept their movements as still as they could.

“WHERE ARE YOU GOING? YOUR URCHINS CAN’T RUN FROM ME! YOU CAN’T HIDE!”

Domain began to fly after the illusion of the team Sensor had created. But what she didn’t expect was that he would begin to tear apart his dimension to find them. The world around them changed and the colors spun as Domain rushed off to try and find the Legionnaires. He thrashed and stopped as he saw vision of them everywhere. Domain grew in size to be 100 meters tall.

“Now! Go through!” Sensor yelled at Gear as he was within reach of the unguarded portal.

The Legionnaires rushed through the portal quickly. Gear first and then Rokk and Wildfire. Sensor left last as she knew that Domain had to follow them out. She couldn’t leave him here to come back and try again to destroy them or be unchecked in a strange reality.

“Domain! I think you should turn around now!” Sensor called as her illusions of the team came to an end.”

Domain spun around his eyes wide with fear and anger. He ran towards the portal after her and as he got close she jumped through. In his wake the world around him began to shatter. His mind was shattered with anger and his dimension began to fall down around him as he ran after Sensor. As his world collapsed he reached Sensor and pulled her tail back in. he tried to pull her back but his dimension was crashing around him and he knew it would take time to rebuild and reconnect himself with it before he could control it again. Sensor’s illusion hadn’t only caused him to thrash the dimension but to doubt his own sense and thus crippling the link between him and the dimension.

Superman and Flash Museum; Hall of Allies. (Chameleon and M’Onel.)

The eerie Hall of Allies was quiet as M’Onel and Chameleon looked around at the heroes that had come before them. They knew Cos would be enthralled by all of this and he’d know probably more facts about these holo’s and statues than the museum curators but at the moment neither of them felt comfortable waiting for this ethereal portal to open and bring their friends home in what felt like the hall of the dead. M’Onel looked to see if he remembered as much about these long gone heroes as the history holo’s did.

M’Onel knew many of these people. He had conversations with them and he had fought alongside some of them. M’Onel’s memories flooded in and out a 1000 years in a void had done a number on many of his memories. But he knew the one statue standing before him and a tear was almost brought to his eye as he saw himself as he was a thousand years ago. M’Onel was known as Valor…or simply Lar Grand. M’Onel saw the placard with his name real name and information was simple. Not much was known about him beyond being the seeder of worlds and that he disappeared not long after. M’Onel wondered if he had a counter part in this reality, whose still trapped in the Stasis Zone. As his thoughts drifted the portal began to come to life.

“WHOSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHH!!!” the portal roared to life with the sound of air rushing in.

The dazzling light was glowing into Chameleon’s eyes as he morphed his eyes into that of the Solar Frogs of Viilen a planet that was so close to its sun that their frog’s eyes were able to see in blinding light. While M’Onel hovered with his fist ready and his eyes glowing read. Both stood ready to fight whatever was about to come out of that portal.

Gear was the first to bust through releasing a gust of wind towards his teammates. Gear fell forward to his knees as he exited the portal. Chameleon rushed over to help him up and as they moved quickly out of the way Wildfire and Cosmic Boy rushed through next. Wildfire flew through with Cosmic Boy. Wildfire grabbed hold of Cosmic Boy’s jacket and burst forward when he looked behind then to see Domain wasn’t far behind them.

“We’ve got in coming!” Wildfire shouted.

Sensor came through next flying through with Domain holding on to her tail. She flew him across the room with the strength of her tail to try and get him to let go. Domain crashed into several statutes. The portal quickly closed before them resetting the tranquil surroundings of the Hall of Allies. M’Onel flew over to Domain and found him unconscious. He cuffed Domain with the set of power dampening cuffs that were standard Legion issue from his belt before lifting him up on to his shoulder.

“Looks like everyone’s back and with a little bit of baggage.” M’Onel’s smile was small but sincere.

“Before we go. We better clean up.” Rokk said looking around at the many statues that were thrown about or damaged holo’s that were no longer displaying.

The team got to work quickly cleaning up as they agreed that M’Onel would take Domain back to headquarters. . Gear and Sensor had left once the holo’s were functional and half the statues were set up right. Even though Domain had ruined much of this day, Rokk felt like the day ended on a good note.

Wildfire was the last to walk out but he noticed something on his way out. The statue of Mister Miracle had been moved from standing with the Doom Patrol and over to the Justice League and its holo tab’s information had been rewritten. Wildfire shook his head as he saw this realizing he had actually retained some of the knowledge Rokk had given him earlier and the reason for the grin on Rokk’s face as he left.

Last edited by Omni; 01/14/15 11:54 PM.

Re: PZH update 01/15/15 Domains Epilogue
Omni #835043 01/15/15 12:37 AM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Legion Secret Headquarters: warehouse district Metropolis.

The rescue team returned and with an unconscious Domain. M’Onel flew in with Domain over his shoulder first.

“Do we have a holding area?” M’Onel asked as he looked at Lyle and Val who sat at the holo table awaiting their arrival.

“Put him in the Virtual Reality Room for now. I’ve already constructed a “cell” for him in there.” Lyle said.

It was another hour before the rest of the team showed up for the team to have a proper debriefing and discussion about what to do with Domain.

The eight legionnaires sat around the meeting table. Domain was still unconscious and locked in the V.R. Room. the debriefing about what happened in Domain’s dimension was easy for the team. Each recounting all they learned about him. but now the hard part came, what to do with him.

“We should turn him over to the authorities. After what he did and has done he’d be best in prison. It also be an easier way to keep track of him.” Wildfire said. He was the first to speak his opinion.

“But technically in this reality he hasn’t committed any crimes.” Gear pointed out.

“He just kidnapped all of us!” Wildfire protested.

“Yes he did. But we are trying to fly under the radar here. We don’t want the Science Police to be any more involved in our lives than they are and we all know that he’ll bring more questions than answers for the authorities as he doesn’t exist here. This means they will look more into us and they could find that we don’t actually exist here either. ” Rokk’s voice was calm and steady as he pointed out these facts.

“Then what do we do with him?” Chameleon asked

“We have to keep him here with us in headquarters. There’s nowhere else to put him.”

“And how do we contain him here? We don’t have a prison to hold him in exactly or the space really to build one.” Lyle said as he knew that every square inch of their new home had been put to use.

“Gear, I need to you to create a tracking/confining bracelet for him. I want the bracelet to not allow him access to his dimension and only my authorization can remove it. He’ll wear it at all times and he can take one of the vacant rooms that we have at the moment. The rest of the teams away and we know they will be gone for a while.” It was clear that Rokk wasn’t happy about this decision but he knew there was no other way.

“He won’t be able to access his dimension for some time. I read his mind while we were exiting and he revealed that his connection had been severely damaged during his rampage to find us. Will he be confined to his room?” Sensor asked as she looked over to the V.R. Room. The hesitation was clear in her voice.

“For the time being yes.” Rokk replied.

“Then that’s everything. Gear please let me know as soon as the bracelet is made and ready to apply to Domain. Meeting adjourned.” Rokk dismissed the team

Last edited by Omni; 01/15/15 12:39 AM.

Re: PZH update 01/15/15 Legion Recap.
Omni #835044 01/15/15 02:02 AM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Legion Recap.

The legion has split into two groups.

The first group is a small group of 9 Legionnaires.
Cosmic Boy
Invisible Kid
Dreamer
Sensor
Chameleon
Gear
M'Onel
Karate Kid
Wildfire

they have been charged with finding their missing teammates Shikari "Lonestar" and Timber Wolf who went missing not long after their arrival in this reality.

Gear, Chameleon, and M'Onel were tasked with continuing the search for that day.

the rest of the team went for down time. Wildfire and Cosmic boy went to the Superman and Flash Museum. While there they were captured by Domain, an enemy of Cosmic boy's from their home reality. who has some how survived and made his way to this new reality. the running theory is his dimension saved him from the decimation of their universe and opened up here as it was the next closest reality to their own.

Dreamer and Sensor visited Star boy in the hospital where Sensor gave Dreamer and Star boy a quiet moment together. During it Dreamer received a premonition of Wildfire and Cosmic Boy in trouble and that Senor and Gear were key to saving him them.

While in Domain's dimension Wildfire has started exhibiting powers of one of his former selves, Blast-Off.

Sensor and Gear got captured and indeed did save their teammates from Domain, while also capturing him. Domain is now the Legion's prisoner as he has no where else to go and they don't trust him to roam unchecked in the strange reality.

The other team set off to be Cadets in the Science Police's new training program for a special Squad.

the following Legionnaires at Montauk Point, Metropolis are
Live Wire
Saturn Girl
Triad
Apparition
Ultra Boy
Violet
Ferro
Umbra
Kid Quantum II
Spark

The headmaster of the training facility is Captain Gim Allon, who in their former reality was once one of them and is now deceased. Other familiar faces had also returned at the announcement of a scrimmage match between the Legionnaires and a random squad of other Cadets. several of whom are doppelgangers of people from their home reality.

The other squad consisted of Brek Bannin, April Dumaka, James Cullen, Candi Pyponte-Le Parc III, Gates, Berta Skye Haris, Bobb Kohan, Jedediah Rikane, Bogdan Tarka, and Inferno.

Squad 34 as they have been dubbed during the scrimmage is losing to the Legion 5 to 7 and 3 of their members have been taken out of the match.

Colu away team: en route to Colu.

Brainy
Andromeda

thanks for reading everyone and there's your Legion Recap. I'll return soon with some more action from the Cadets!

Last edited by Omni; 01/15/15 02:07 AM.

Re: PZH update 01/15/15 Legion Recap.
Omni #835052 01/15/15 06:57 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Online Content
Unseen, not unheard
Nice ending to the Domain story! Sensor's use of her illusions was brilliant. The Skeletal Snake was interesting. Also loved seeing Gear in action, and Wildfire retaining his Blast-Off powers is great!

Re: PZH update 01/17/15 Half-time
Omni #835351 01/17/15 03:32 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Half-Time:

The two teams had separated to their respective sides of the courts. The battles were going strong. But each wondered how long this could go on.

“You’re doing a great job out there hunny.” Imra said as she gave Garth and drink and rubbed his shoulders and back.

“Thanks Imra. We’re killing them.” Garth leaned back against the bench smiling.

The team was really enjoying this scrimmage match. Imra couldn’t help but hear and feel the exuberance of her teammates as they let off steam and it was true the other team was being worn down pretty quickly three of them had been taken out to their one. Imra knew Captain Allon loved this. She knew if they kept up this kind of performance they would make that squad in no time. Imra wondered how long till she was going to get her turn in the ring. Of those left Gate’s was really the only known factor to her. The other cadets were new to her… true a couple of them had been in the academy back home but she hadn’t really gotten too many of them. Her time was busy with Garth at that time and his transformation. She looked at her fiancé and marveled at how it wasn’t that long ago that Garth didn’t look like Garth but a crystalline replica of the man who had killed him. It was a hard adjustment for both of them. But they had made it through and now Garth was back to normal. As she looked at Garth she noticed his metal arm twitched a little bit.

“Garth is your arm OK? It’s twitching.”

“Oh? Yeah it’s fine Imra. It’s been doing that a bit. I think my electricity has been shorting it out again. I’ll see if they can look at it once were done here.” Garth smiled at Imra. He was trying to hide the fact that it had been doing that since he had stolen the lighting rod back on the other Legion’s world and tried to resort his arm to flesh. He knew he lied to her when he said that he just pictured himself that way. But he couldn’t bear to tell her that he tried and failed to make him a complete man for her. He hated having even this small secret from Imra. But he figured there was no point in bringing it up now.

“OK.” Imra returned his smile and kissed him on the cheek. She hoped it was nothing but ever the worrier Imra promised herself to keep an eye on it as well.

Down the bench Andy Nolan sat with his head hanging. He was taking a much needed break. Even though he was made of iron he still needed rest from time to time. In the few minuets that he was on the field Andy had gone up against Berta, who sent several cyclones against him and he fought hard against them digging into the court to reach her. The alarm blew when he had just about made it to her. Andy collapsed as soon as it happened. When he looked up he saw that Berta had a small smile across her face and kept it while she walked off the court. She looked down at the ironman and her pale purple eyes twinkled just a bit. Andy didn’t want to read anything into it but as he hung his head he kept replaying Berta’s smile in his mind over and over again.

Last edited by Omni; 01/17/15 03:33 PM.

Omni #835353 01/17/15 03:34 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
In the Med-tent.

Jo sat by Tinya’s side as she rested after being crystallized by Cadet Kohan, who lay just feet away from her. She knew it was taking Jo a lot of restrain to not go over and terrorize the young cadet for possibly hurting her.

“Jo, don’t even think about it.”

“What?” Jo said trying to sound innocent.

“Don’t go over there and scare the poor boy. You’ve already knocked him out and “saved” me. Let him rest. He just has no control over his powers.” Tinya advised Jo easily.

“I know. But its things like that that could kill us out there.” Jo took Tinya’s hand and kissed it gently.

“And that’s why we’re here to train and help these kids. I know it’s hard to remember but we were them once. Young and inexperienced and in all reality were not that much older than any of the cadets here. We’ve just lived through more than most.” Tinya’s blue eyes soften for a moment as if a tear would fall from her eyes. Jo knew she was talking about Cub.

“Fine. I won’t do anything. But at least if it happens again I can lay him out again and it won’t take as long to deal with.” Jo smiled slightly.

Tinya shook her head and just smiled. Jo was a handful. But he was her handful.

Cadet Kohan lay there completely unconscious and content just a few feet away. Cadet Kohan’s mind swam with thoughts of wanting to punch Cadet Nah out for laying him out and Cadet Ardeen as well. He knew there had to be a better way to change someone back. But he knew it was just to save their friend. He knew he couldn’t really be too mad at either of them. It took a telepath telling him how his powers worked that he truly realized he knew nothing about his powers or where they came from. Cadet Kohan vowed that moment to learn how to control his powers better and find out just where they came from.

Tinya stood up gently as she looked across the med-tent and saw Inferno laying there staring up at the ceiling. The light next to her bed was on as bright as it would go. Tinya felt bad about what she had put Inferno through.

“Angel where are you going?” Jo asked his brown eyes full of concern.

“To make amends.” Tinya said softly as she walked over to Inferno’s bed.

“Inferno…”

“Oh look who it is. It’s the Ghostly Captain. Come to spook me out some more?” Inferno didn’t take her eyes off the ceiling as she spoke. Opening and closing her hand she created small fire balls as she tried to keep herself calm.

“I came to apologize. I didn’t know you were that afraid of the dark.”

“I’m not afraid of the dark.” Inferno scoffed.

“Sorry. We’ll either way I’m sorry for any trouble I’ve caused you.” Tinya smiled warmly at Inferno who looked at Tinya out of the corner of her eyes.

“It’s no big. It’s a competition. Gotta be the best and all that junk…But thanks.” Inferno said turning her head and looking at Tinya for the first time since she approached her.
The two smiled politely at each other and Tinya turned to go back to her bed. Tinya hoped that she could gain this Inferno’s trust and med the fence. Even though their Sandy was a hot head, she wasn’t all bad and she saw the same thing in this Inferno. She just hoped she could make it right.

Last edited by Omni; 01/17/15 03:34 PM.

Omni #835354 01/17/15 03:36 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Back at the benches:

Candi sat back and relaxed as she looked at her nails. Her long green hair drenched in sweat was pushed to the side. She was exhausted and kind of grateful that they had taken her out. She knew once she got back to her suite she was taking the longest bubble bath she could. She knew the coming days were going to be hard and this was fun but she hoped she was going to be strong enough to survive. Candi looked over at Cadet Berta. She was pretty. Her raven hair tied back into a tight ponytail. Tied in three spots as her hair was super thick. Her purple eyes glowed against her orange hued skin.

“Cadet Harris?”

“Please just call me Berta…

“OK… Berta. I’m Candi. It’s a pleasure to meet you officially.” Candi stuck out her hand daintily.

Berta took one her large green fingers into her hand and shook it, barely moving it.

“Nice to meet you.” Berta’s smile was simple.

“I was wondering what you are doing after the matches. I do believe we’ll have some down time after this and if you’d like I thought we could get to know each other.”

Candi’s offer was sincere. Berta could tell that. But she wasn’t there to make friends. She was there to become a cadet and to train to protect and serve the galaxy. But when the emerald Monstress before her she couldn’t say no.

“That would be nice. Maybe dinner in the commissary. What floor are you on?” I’m on the 69th floor and I was thinking we could have a girl’s night with my suit mates.”

“A girl’s night?”Berta asked confused.

“You know, a girl’s night. Watch movies, eat junk food, gossip…or well in our cases get to know each other. I mean if we make it on to the special unit, we’re going to be spending a lot of time together. I figure we should know each other.” Candi smiled broadly.

“I see. Sorry on my world we don’t have girl’s night.”

“OH MY. Well dear you’re missing out. Now I don’t care your definitely coming tonight.

“Is your suite mates OK with that?” Even though Berta was curious about having a girl’s night. She wasn’t above looking into the possibilities of what could cause it to be canceled.

“I honestly don’t know. Let’s find out. Oooo Whoooo Vi dear!” Candi called across the field to Vi who was talking with Lu during half-time.

“Come with me dear and well get to know my suite mates.” Candi said as she got up motioning for Berta to follow. Berta looked slightly exacerbated but when along with Candi anyway.

“Hi…Cadet...”

“Oh posh. Don’t bother with that Cadet stuff with me. Just call me Candi. I wanted to introduce myself properly to you and Lu.”

“Thank you…” Vi said. Her confusion clearly showing on her face.

“Oh I’m sorry I forgot to say I’m your new roommate, which makes me your suite mate Lu.” Candi’s smile never left her face.

“Oh! That’s wonderful! I look forward to rooming with you.” Vi said. Her voice was sincere but she had remembered all those suite cases in her room and she remembered the fashonista that Candi had been in their home reality. Vi had a feeling the few civilian clothes she had weren’t going to ever leave her suit case.
“I’m glad to hear that and to help with the bonding process I propose a girl’s night in our suite tonight. I’ve already invited Berta here.” Candi gestured to Berta who waved politely.

“You can invite whomever else you want. The more the merrier I say.” Candi waited for Vi and Lu’s response.

“What about my roommate? Shouldn’t we consult her?” Lu asked. As much as she thought a girls night could be fun she kind of wanted to relax their first night there and try and get some sleep. She was exhausted.

“Oh Inferno won’t mind. Besides I think she’s going to be in the med-bay for the night for observation.” Candi said as she took out her Omnicom and showed Lu the roster list. It showed that Inferno was going to be in the med bay for the night.

“Inferno’s my roommate?” Lu fought the urge to triplicate as all three of themselves had a different opinion of the firer starter and remembering the last time they shared a room, all Lu could think about was how much she has wanted to throttle her. She also realized she was going to have to get used to sleeping with the lights on.

“It should be a fun time. We’ll be there.” Vi said with a smile as she answered for Lu who she could see was fighting the urge to triplicate.

“Great!” Exclaimed Candi.

“Then it’s settled tonight 7:30 sharp our suite on the 69th floor. See everyone then! Toddle-loo!” Candi called as she walked back over to her team’s bench. Berta smiled and followed behind bowing slightly as she left.

Lu and Vi smiled at each other. Candi was forever Candi in any reality. Any reservations either of them had about Candi and the differences they might face by this reality’s Candi.

Last edited by Omni; 01/17/15 03:36 PM.

Omni #835355 01/17/15 03:37 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Up the bench Jazmin sat there looking at him. He looked good, strong. He looked taller than she remembered. He has his signature dreads. Her amber eyes glowed slightly as she read his quantum signature. She wanted to see if it was more innate in this reality or if he still required his belt to enhance his powers. Her eyes narrowed in around his waist where the signature was the strongest. As she suspected his belt was boosting his powers.

“I wonder if they know about that Jimmy.” Jazmin thought to herself.

Jazmin stared at him for a little while longer when Ayla took notice.

“Are you going to go talk to him or just stare at him all day?” Ayla asked.
“I can’t. Not yet anyway.”

“Well if he catches you staring he’s going to start thinking something else.” Ayla said leaning in to Jazmin.

“Yewww gross Ayla! He’s my brother.” Jazmin said on instinct.

“That maybe so for you, but it’s not for him. He doesn’t know you here. To him you’re some pretty girl who’s staring him down and he’s caught you more than once.”

Cadet James Cullen looked over in their direction. He squinted at them. Jazmin knew he detected her quantum signature. Before she could look away he turned his head away and turned his nose up a bit.

“Any idea what that’s about?” Ayla asked.

“He thinks he’s a better quantum caster than me and that they only need one quantum caster and its going to be him. It’s the same look I’ve gotten a thousand times before he died.” A lump grew in Jazmin’s throat and slight tears hid being her eyes.

“And a look you’ll turn around because he is your brother.” Ayla said with a small smile.

“Thanks.”

“Hey I get it.” Ayla points down the bench with her thump to Garth whose sending sparks of lighting back and forth between his hands.

“Yeah you do.”

“Brothers.” Ayla rolls her eyes and jabs Jazmin gently to get to smile.

“Yeah, brothers.” Jazmin says with a faith but real smile.

Omni #835356 01/17/15 03:38 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
On the opposing team’s side of the court Brek Bannin, Jedediah Rikane started to stretch before returning to the match.

“Are you excited to get back out there? I know I’m excited.” Cadet Rikane said as jogging up and down in place. He didn’t want lose his adrenalin rush. He saw what everyone had done so far and he couldn’t wait to show them what he could do.

“Yeah I am. This should fun.” Brek had to look up at Jed as he said this. He was by far the shortest one there. Besides Gates that is.

“Who do you think you want to try and take on?” Cadet Bannin asked starting to do some stretching.
Cadet Bannin knew they should be going back in soon and thought a good tactic would be to see who on his team wanted to fight who instead of just running and going for it. So far their team hadn’t faired very well against squad one. But he was determined to turn that around. That special unit was where he wanted to be and he was going to get there. He had already talked with most of his teammates who were side lined with him and now he’s talked to those still active on the field. April said she still wanted to go after the ones she referred to as the “Lightning Bug, and the shadow”, respectively. She’s been after them all match. So he understood. Berta had thought about it and thought she’d try going for the new comer again. he seemed pretty strong but was still an unknown factor.

“hmmm I don’t know. Cadet Nah seems pretty tough. I think I’d go for him. I bet I’m just as tough.” Cadet Rikane said as a broad smile spread across his face as he thought about the idea.

“Yeah I’ll take Cadet Nah.”

“The he’s all yours.” Cadet Bannin patted Cadet Rikane on the back before turning his attention elsewhere.

“Alright that just leaves Gates.” Cadet Bannin said as he scanned the sidelines.

Cadet Bannin saw him over to the side of the benches having a drink of water with a couple of protein slugs.

“Hey Cadet Gates, I wanted to ask you… something?” Cadet Bannin stopped dead in his tracks as Gates sucked in the last of his protein slugs down his gullet. Cadet Bannin tried not to seem grossed out. But he couldn’t help it and winced at the sight.

“Just call me Gates all this Cadet this and Cadet that is a waste of words and just another way for this overzealous authoritarian program to stripe us of our individuality and try to turn us into drones.” Gates said after slugging down some water.

“OK. Gates Well my question is who do you want on the field? So far it I think Cadet Dumaka wants both Cadet Umbra and Cadet Ranzz. While Cadet Rikane wants Cadet…” Cadet Bannin could see the announce coming from Gates stare as he rambled on.

“He wants Jo, the strong one and that just leave Lu…I think her name was, she’s the one who can triplicate.”

“I’m aware of who she is. I’ve only been fighting her. But I’ll just be a floater. It’s much easier with my powers. But it’s good that our NEW CAPTAIN is making an effort to take the lead.” Gates said that last part loud enough for Candi to hear.

Candi heard him but just smiled and continued on. Gates was just a loud mouth in her mind and she had no time that.

“Oh OK, well….I was gonna float but I guess yeah it makes more sense for you to. Then I guess the triplets are mine” Cadet Bannin smiled on the outside but was kind of scared on the inside. He saw how fierce a fighter she was and the fact there were three of them made it even worse. But he needed to make the special unit and if they were who he needed to beat to do so. Then he would.

“Good. But you might want to start reading up on the flies as well. They aren’t triplets they’re from Cragg.” Gates quipped as he ported away and got ready for the match.

“What’s the difference?” Brek thought to himself.

Brek looked over at Lu on the opposing side and smiled. She smiled back, he smile warm and polite. Brek turned to continue stretching and didn’t see the grin that spread across her face. Brek had no clue that he smile was her letting him know she was about to take him down.

Omni #835357 01/17/15 03:39 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Meanwhile Umbra was on the field stretching. She did all the resting she needed to and wanted to get the match going again. Umbra never looked over to the opposing team’s bench while she stretched. She didn’t have to, to know she was being watched. The cat was sizing her up again. Umbra thought it was delightful how this little cat thought she could take on the Shadow Champion. Umbra had been humbled in her days with the Legion but since her renewed connection with the shadows of her ancestors she’s never felt stronger and more assured of her abilities and she knew this cat’s scratch was nothing. If the cat wanted a fight Umbra was more than ready to give it to her.

She noticed the new team’s captain was talking with everyone. She figured it was about who was going to take her on. But she didn’t care who tried she wanted to take the cat out of the game. Umbra’s facing discretion was towards the other squads who were competing around them. She noticed more of them were gone only a hand full of teams remained. Of the 34 squads besides the two of them there were only 7 squads left still fighting. Many of the courts were scorched up or dug up and were in the process of being repaired by the robotic staff for other training sessions. Umbra looked out into the distance at two competing squads and she saw something that she couldn’t believe. She saw what looked to be a Giant of purple with a giant display on its head that fired lighting from it. The giant beast was scorching up the field as a small man stood next to him. Umbra couldn’t make out the man from how far away their court was. But she knew without a doubt that beast was VALIDUS!

Before Umbra could react to tell her teammates the horn rang and half-time was over.

Omni #835402 01/17/15 11:01 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Online Content
Unseen, not unheard
wow! a robot Validus!

Liked Brek's initiative, it sounds so like him. Also liked Gates' being canny, he's really got the makings of a great cadet wink

Candi is still Candi, and loved the contrast with serious Berta. Also loving the Legionnaires' reactions to these counterparts of their old friends - Lu and Inferno in the same room!

Tinya and Inferno was great, as was Jaz and Ayla (especially because Ayla resented Jaz for a time there). It looks like James still has some arrogance in this reality.

Nice bit about Garth trying to make his metal arm a flesh one wink I did the same thing with my Garth, though mine succeeded in restoring his. But I'm glad we both thought of having Garth try and make his arm into flesh.

Tinya thinking about Cub was heartbreaking and loved her scene with Jo.

Berta's smile - interesting. Romance? A killer instinct? Interesting to see where it goes.

Jed's enthusiasm is also nice, I think he and Brek would make good friends.

And Umbra's confidence is a treat to see again.

Omni #835451 01/18/15 12:16 AM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Thanks IB!

I know a lot just went on and glad you liked a lot of the moments.

JAz and Ayla i figured have gotten past it at this point. Plus if i recall a lot of that had to do with Ayla dealing with Garth's apparent death. Jaz even told her that the Legion needed Spark and to honor Garth's memory that way if i recall correctly. so i just took that to mean they patched things up.

Berta and Andy...idk but we'll see where that goes.

Thank you for the Garth Idea. yet another moment i really liked as a side moment. So thank you smile

I'm glad you like Jed...I thought him and Brek sounded pretty similar..but now that you say the buddy aspect maybe this will be my version(replace sun boy for power boy)

I'm so glad Tinya's scene came out well. and i also have to thank you for your comments about Tinya using Inferno's fear as abit harsh. as i said i didn't think she would realize how bad Inferno's fear was. but she would apologize and you reminded me of that. so thank you.

Also its not a robot Validus. its the real deal.

This isn't the Reboots world and things are going to be different and its time to start seeing even more of them.

Up next more scrimmages, girls night, and a visit with the man who made it all possible Captain Gim Allon.

Omni #835454 01/18/15 01:03 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Online Content
Unseen, not unheard
Hi Omni! You are right, Jazmin helped comfort Ayla when Garth was still "dead", much to Ayla's appreciation. It's great seeing Ayla return the favor here.

The Garth/Imra moment worked really well. Imra loves and accepts Garth completely, but of course Garth keeps striving to be the best he can be for here. It's beautiful.

I'm glad you liked my comment on the Jed/Brek friendship! I agree they are quite similar, though Jed is more gung-ho while Brek is a bit more careful and has more leadership potential I think.

Thank you, I'm glad my comment on Tinya using Inferno's fear led to this beautiful scene. I think you captured her perfectly, and IMO you have depicted her at her best. The Tinya I love is very sensitive AND sensible.

Oh my, the real Validus! I read the phrase about robotic staff and assumed Validus was a robot! This is going to be interesting indeed!

Re: PZH update 01/21/15 Round Three
Omni #836194 01/21/15 10:57 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Round Three:

Umbra stood in the center of the court dazed and confused. Still not sure she really saw Validus out there. Why would he be here training she thought. Her thoughts continued to focus on Validus when the horn blew again.

“Cadet Umbra, take your place with your squad please.” Captain Allon’s voiced boomed over the PA system.

Umbra made her way to the sidelines. even though she wasn’t about to take the field, Imra came over to check on Umbra.

“Tas…I mean Umbra are you alright? You were staring off for a while.” Imra stood far enough away. Even though she knew she didn’t have to.

“I’m fine.” Umbra said absent mindedly.

“Umbra.” Imra didn’t say much else.

“I saw Validus. He’s in one of the training squad’s five courts over.” Umbra motioned towards the open courts.

“Are you sure?” a slight tinge of fear reached her voice. That behemoths mental lighting was intense for a normal human but for a telepath it was a 100 times worse.

“Yes. I saw him and a man beside him aiming at some of their other trainees all of whom I couldn’t make out clearly. Even my keen vision has its limits.”

Imra looked out to the courts and pushed her mind to see just who was out there. As she peered through the eyes of one of the attending Science Police officers, Imra saw him.

“RawWWWWW” Validus roared and sent a bolt of pink mental lighting at an opponent on the field. The officer watching flinched as the bolt hit its target shocking Imra back to her body.

The image of Validus roaring so close to hear face and the feeling of fear the officer had stuck with her for a moment. After facing almost 500 versions of the creature, there was no doubt Umbra was right.

“As much as I want to go and have all of us take care of that beast now, we’ve got to concentrate. You know we need to make that cadet program if we’re going to live here.”

“I’m aware Imra.”
“Just don’t worry about that beast and whatever anger you want to take out on him take out on that beauty.” Imra said pointing to Cadet Dumaka.

A sinister grin grew across her face.

“The child could not handle what I want to do to that beast. So I’ll have to do my best to restrain myself.” Umbra said cracking her knuckles.

“Go get them.” Imra said with a pat on the shoulder and Umbra nodded with a much warmer smile.

Imra returned to the bench. It was clear on both of their faces that this was probably one of the few side conversations the two had since Imra had entered Umbra’s mind and created a psychic shadow of fear. It wasn’t the longest and it wasn’t the worse. But the vote of confidence Imra gave Umbra felt nice.

Each team was lined up on the sides of courts waiting for the match to restart.

“Round Three people. Still anyone’s game. 5 to 7.” Captain Allon announced

The horn sounded and Cadet Dumaka was off and running. Umbra didn’t wait either but instinctively she held out her hands. Midnight inky shadow’s burst forth from her hands. Hitting Cadet Dumaka square in the chest. Sending her flying back and twisting to land on her feet. But before she could react the shadows underneath her began climbing her and reaching up around her till finally she was swallowed by them. Umbra jumped up and into her shadows and as she pounced on to Cadet Dumaka’s back. Pulling her hair and then wrapping her arm around Cadet Dumaka’s neck. Umbra wasn’t going to count on hiding in her shadows for a sneak attack. This cat would have sniffed her out before she would have gotten a hit in. Umbra’s hard and fast attack worked. Cadet Dumaka struggled to free herself from Umbra’s grip. Even as she tried clawing at Umbra’s arms’ Umbra just smiled in the dark before she whispered into Cadet Dumaka’s ear.

“Your claws tear at the flesh but not my will and the will of the shadow champion is all! Now just go to sleep.” With those words Cadet Dumaka falls unconscious.

“Beep! Beep!”

Umbra dropped her dark field and slowly revealing the unconscious Cadet Dumaka and Umbra standing over her.

“Beeep!Beep!” Umbra looked down and saw that her meter had taken her out of the game. Even though the amount of clawing she had done to Umbra wasn’t much in Umbra’s eyes, in the meters however she had hit her enough to take Umbra out.

“What the Sprock!” Umbra cried.
“I’m barely bleeding!” Umbra showed her forearms to Captain Allon.

“Sorry the meter doesn’t lie cadet.” Captain Allon’s voice boomed over the p.a. system. The smile on his face was clear in his voice. As much as he loved seeming Cadet Umbra fight he was wanted to see what the rest of this squad really could do.

“Ruggg!” Umbra huffed as she stormed off the field.

The medical drones came out with an anti-grave stretcher and took Cadet Dumaka to the Med- Tent.

“From squad one Cadet Ayla Ranzz your in and from squad 34 Cadet James Cullen.”

Cadet James Cullen stood proudly as he heard his name called. He loved the fact that his full name was said.

“That’s right they know who the top dog around here is.” James smirk was undeniably arrogant.

The two of them took the field. Captain Allon instructed everyone to continue from where they were instead of reseating at the sidelines. instantly the battle heated up. No one had time to reconfigure who they wanted to go for and that was something Captain Allon liked to see. He liked to see how these cadets would face unknowns.

Cadet James Cullen flew out onto the field and aimed for his fellow newbie. Even though the cadets had rosters listed in the Omnicom’s the rosters did not include a listing of their power sets. He figured might as well show off against an unknown opponent and show these kids just who they were playing with. Cadet Cullen’s hands glowed a bright pink purple and he pulled them back and threw them forward as hard has he could towards Ayla who stood ready for anything he could throw at her. Emerging much like a casted net around Ayla. But Ayla evaded his casting by tucking and rolling to her left. Now more than ever did she miss her flight ring the aerial maneuverable ability allowed for a lot of ground to be covered and long range attacks. But now tuck and roll was what she had to go with. Thank god Lu insisted on all of them doing some sort of tumbling challenge in their fighting techniques back when they had time for routine training.

Ayla jumped back before landing in a crouched position and resting. She was bating James into following her around. She had yet to still fire off a shot. She wanted to keep him off guard for as long as she could.

Cadet Cullen’s hands glowed their pink purple hue again. this time more focused and not as much of a wild cast. But Ayla didn’t move. She waited her hands charging up. Right as Cadet Cullen’s quantum stasis field was about to envelope her, she released the charge in her hands. Ayla had learned in her training sessions with Jazmin that if she builds up enough charge she could disrupt the field. Cadet Cullen was caught off guard. He’d never encountered someone who could disrupt his fields before. But as his shock wore off he cast another field at Ayla. Garth steeped up and blasted Cadet Cullen from behind. Garth sent enough of a shock to cause him to fall from the sky. Landing on his hands and knees both Garth and Ayla stood ready for him to strike.

His meter had gone down to 90% after that blast with his concentration broken the fields in motion towards Ayla faded. Cadet Cullen’s head was bowed. But both could see his chest heaving. His muscles began to ripple slightly as his hands ground themselves into the court. The pink purple energy started to radiate out from him. expanding to touch both of them before they could move. It touched Ayla’s hands first locking her in place while the rest of her struggled to get free. The same happened to Garth but he was caught by his left leg. He looked at the ever increasing quantum stasis field. Its pink purple energy sapping every bit of moment they have and freezing them in place.

Garth had yet to showcase his elemental powers but he knew how to use Element Lad’s powers as well as he did. He hated to admit it but he knew them almost on the godly level that Jan did. The use of them was instinctual even though he rarely used them anymore. It didn’t take a mind reader to see how uncomfortable it still made his teammates to see him using them. He didn’t say anything but he saw it all over Jo and Tinya’s face’s when used them during their initial search for their missing teammates. They were scared and to be honest he was scared of them. But he also knew that he owed his returned life to them and the crystalline body he had augmented to return to normal. Garth wondered if he could transmute himself like Element Lad used to and reconstitute himself back into his Garth body and not that of the crystalline hybrid they all feared. Garth had to take the chance. They needed a win and his meter was reaching into the late 20’s. Garth thought hard about smoke about a puff and a whiff of carbon dioxide billowing out. First his hands dissipated smoldering away as it traveled up his arm to his torso and head. Before he knew it he was gone. Everyone stood in shock. Captain Allon’s eyes widened when he saw this happen. He couldn’t believe his eyes or the Omnicom readings of the nannites.

Cadet Cullen’s concentration broke again and his field reduced. He knew he wasn’t capable of doing that to someone with his power set but he didn’t think Cadet G. Ranzz was capable of this. Ayla took that moment of shock as the field receded and blasted Cadet Cullen back. Garth reformed his body. Quickly checking to make sure everything was where it was supposed to be.

“Imra am I?” He thought to her.

“Your fine and great trick you stunned everyone even me. I didn’t know you could use those powers that well.”

“I didn’t I just had to try something. Thankfully it worked.” Garth thought his mind guarded as he also thought “that’s two lies.” His heart breaking a bit more as he realized this to himself.

Cadet Cullen took a moment before he roused. His meter was down to 82% already. He couldn’t believe it. But he was determined to take them out. Pushing one last time he sent another quantum stasis field out at Ayla and Garth. This time the field reached them and they were coated in pink purple light frozen in time. Cadet Cullen smiled to himself as he watched Ayla’s meter drop to 95% in there while Garth’s dropped two just 18%. Cadet Cullen began to levitate as he controlled his quantum fields.

“You’re not the only one who can fly!” Jo yelled flying towards Cadet Cullen and tackling him in the chest. Jo flew him away from the twins to see if range could take away his fields. Jo didn’t always understand how Kid Q’s powers worked but her brothers seemed to be much less versatile than hers and he was hoping that one of her weaknesses was his too. Flying him away the two struggled and punched each other. Cadet Cullen was clearly used to this tactic. He fought Jo hard and he hit pretty hard but even without using super strength or invulnerability Jo could with stand the blows Cadet Cullen was giving him. The farther they got the weaker his field got around Garth and Ayla.

The pink purple glow faded and the two returned to life. Cadet Cullen and Jo flew high up to the other side of the court. Cadet Cullen pulled back and punched Jo square in the jaw with his fist loaded with a quantum stasis wallop. The quantum energy washed over Jo his entire body turning to a glistening pink purple. Cadet Cullen pried himself from Jo’s frozen grip and flew off.

“Gates can you do a pick up and rescue of Cadet Nah please!” Cadet Cullen called out.

In a flash Jo’s falling body fell through the green disk to land at the feet of their captain Cadet Brek Bannin.

“Wow! Watch where you throw people!” He called to Gates.

“Freeze him before the field wears off.” Gates croaked as he ported in next to Cadet Bannin.

“Right!” Cadet Bannin’s hands burst forth with a brilliant burst of cold. Steam rose around his hand and from his mouth as the intense cold he was projecting surrounded Jo in a block of thick ice.

“That should hold him.” Cadet Bannin said.

He looked around at the situation. The newest cadet on the field and the original lighting bug who isn’t really a lighting bug after all were still shaking off their stasis and Berta was fighting hand to hand with Cadet Lu. While Cadet Cullen came flying back in. Cadet Nolan and Cadet Rikane were trading blows. Cadet Nolan seemed to be having some trouble with Cadet Rikane’s ability to control his density. Cadet Rikane shifting from sold to intangible quickly to not allow a punch to land on him but able to land a few punch of his own. His hands would become so dense that it caused real damage to Cadet Nolan making him stagger back a few times. But just as Cadet Rikane was about to kick Cadet Nolan in the stomach Cadet Nolan grabbed hold of the very tangible leg of Cadet Rikane, and then flipping himself forward taking Cadet Rikane with him slamming him into the court.

Andy didn’t say anything as he climbed up Cadet Rikane’s body and punch him and held him down before he could move. Andy was thankful for the lesions he got from Tinya on fighting intangible beings. Cadet Rikane struggled underneath him before shifting his density to phase through the ground to spring up behind Cadet Nolan grabbing him around the neck.

It was clear Andy was smiling underneath his mask.

“Sorry but I thought you’d like to know I don’t need to breath.” Cadet Nolan’s tone sent a slight shiver down Cadet Rikane’s spine and before he knew it Cadet Nolan had head butted him knocking him to the ground. his meter dropped to 85% and Cadet Nolan’s was still at 94%.

Cadet Bannin realized his team was getting their nass’s kicked. Jumping into help Cadet Rikane he flash froze Cadet Nolan. If he was made of iron it would take him awhile to move without having to use too intense of a cold to stop him. Cadet Bannin thought.

“Good team work. One point to squad 34.” Captain Allon’s voiced boomed.

Cadet Bannin smiled as he looked up. Cadet Rikane shifting his density to phase out from underneath Cadet Nolan came stood next to Cadet Bannin.

“Way ta go! You got us a point!” Cadet Rikane jumped up a bit and patted Cadet Bannin on the back who fell forward a bit as Cadet Rikane didn’t realize the strength he hit him with.

“ARHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!” Jo burst through the ice created around him. Breathing heavily and his eyes glowing red as Jo had used his laser vision to break up the ice before switching to super strength to burst open the ice. His meter had gone down from his steady 73% to 35%. Between the stasis fields sapping his energy and that ice bath he was starting to feel what the meter reflected.

“Duck!” called Cadet Rikane as he dove down over Cadet Bannin as Jo’s flash vision erupted their way.

In a blink of the eye Jo was gone. Flying straight at them and picking the two of them up with him. flying around the court as fast as he could switching between ultra speed and flight to race around the court to get his two passengers feeling sick. Stopping instantly and throwing them to the ground. Jo floated above them. Before the two felt the staggering pain of being zapped by Ayla’s electricity bringing both their meters down to 71%.

“Point to squad one for the recovery.”

The matches was starting to heat up and turn into a real battle as burst of wind rushed around Ayla and Jo as Lu ran towards them with a cyclone on her trail. Berta’s eye’s narrowed as her cyclones consumed them all. Jo was thrown back as Ayla took cover behind the two unconscious bodies of Berta’s teammates. Lu continued to try and run till finally she was sucked up into the cyclone. The cyclone tossed her around keeping her from concentrating to triplicate. Berta thought she was doing well keeping everyone off balance. Then Cadet Garth began to transmute the ground beneath Cadet Berta to mud as he took the moisture in the air and shifted the molecules to create more. Speeding up the process to make it murky enough to cause her to sink in. once Berta’s concentration was broken and she sank more as Garth transmuted the mud further making a quicksand. Berta’s cyclone’s died down. Lu fell to the ground and her meter fell down to 14%. Jo sat up lightly Dazed and Ayla sat huddled with the two cadets who had started to rouse while the cyclones were attacking.

Gates popped in and grabbed Berta. Then ported in and grabbed Cadets Bannin and Rikane all deposited to the sidelines to regroup.

Last edited by Omni; 01/21/15 11:04 PM.

Omni #836211 01/22/15 05:36 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Online Content
Unseen, not unheard
Interesting battle! James is still very vicky but I think he is more effective in battle here. Nice going!

Omni #836681 01/24/15 11:22 PM
R
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
R
I liked all the half-time characterisation bits, but Wildfire as Princess Peach is worth the price of admission on its own laugh

Omni #836700 01/25/15 02:00 AM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
thanks Raz and IB.

James is much more effective. his over confidence was definitely his down fall and had the legion trained first like Brande had wanted i think this is closer to what we would have seen.

He's got some bumbs coming his way though.

raz, thank you so much. wildfire's a perfect princess.

i hope you guys like whats coming and the end of the scrimmages.

Page 6 of 37 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 36 37

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,020
Posts1,045,068
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Brody27
Brody27
Tampa, FL
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star