Roll Call
0 members (), 38 Murran Spies, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by thoth lad - 05/13/24 05:34 AM
Legion Trivia 6
by thoth lad - 05/12/24 11:36 PM
Kill This Thread LII - The End of the Deck of Cards
by thoth lad - 05/12/24 02:15 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/11/24 09:37 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/10/24 04:47 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/10/24 02:58 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/10/24 02:56 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Battle for the Championship of the Universe!
Portfolio Boy #832371 12/20/14 11:07 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
21. GOOGAL Vs. ATOM GIRL, on Colu.

Hmm... Silver Age Vi wouldn't stand a chance, as being menaced by animals while shrunk is pretty much her greatest weakness! This is Atom Girl, however, who also has close connections to the Coluans of her reality. Winner: Atom Girl

22. TIMBER WOLF Vs. IMPULSE, on Superboy Planet.

Hmm... Timber Wolf would win in a straight on fight, but I'm thinking the environment plays to Kent's advantage after her enlists the help of all the other heroes after using his medical knowledge to save them all from Sigellian poisoning!

23. OCTUS Vs. BRAINO, on Tombor.

I'm betting Braino (not actually interred on Shanghalla, by the way) can use his super-nobility to enlist the aid of the phantoms, who then help against Octus. Winner: Braino

24. FIRE-LAD Vs. MAGNO BOY, on Vorn.

Among the things I've learned from comics is that fire weakens magnetism. Winner: Fire Lad

25. SATURN QUEEN Vs. ELEMENT LAD, on Mlain.

Hmm... is Mlain radioactive? That might work to Jan's advantage, being much like his homeworld of Trom. But still, I'm thinking Eve manages this one pretty easily. Winner: Saturn Queen.

26. LEETA-87 Vs. BRAWLER, on Pasnic.

Yeah, Leeta-87 isn't being taken down by this jerk. Winner: Leeta-87.

27. ANDROMEDA Vs. FLEDERWEB, on Braal.

Yeah, lead isn't magnetic, so I'm guessing there's not a lot of it readily available on Braal. I'm not seeing anyway Flederweb has a chance. Winner: Andromeda.

28. LAMPREY Vs. CHLOROPHYLL KID, on Kathoon.

I don't think Chlorophyll Kid's power literally relies on Chlorophyll, so I assume he can still affect whatever plant life there is on Kathoon. Plus, I suspect hanging around with Night Girl gives him inside information that he can use to his advantage. Winner: Chlorophyll Kid.

29. LIGHTNING LAD Vs. GREEN BOY, on Manna-5.

Yeah, I'm not seeing that Green Boy can do much here, and the agricultural planet is familiar territory for Garth. Winner: Lightning Lad.

30. TAROT Vs. ATOM’X, in Kwai space.

Second-rate Atmos versus second-rate Dream Girl? Can we just have them hookup and leave the competition instead of worrying about which one survives to get taken out in the next round? No? Okay. Winner: Atom'x.

Portfolio Boy #832372 12/20/14 11:39 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
31. LIGHTNING LORD Vs. LIFE LASS, in 20th century Smallville.

Lots of stuff for Somi to animate, plus she has the advantage that even if Mekt shocks her into unconciousness, her animations can still fight on. I think she overwhelms him with tons of primative tech come to life. Winner: Life Lass.

32. DEV-EM Vs. Mr. MXYZPTLK II, on Weber’s World.

Yeah, magic is a major Kryptonian weakness, plus Dev-Em isn't as bright/experienced as Superboy. Winner: Mxyzptlk II

33. VRAX GOZZI Vs. WILDFIRE, on Zyzan.

Vrax might find some way to use Wildfire's suit against him, but I doubt it. Winner: Wildfire.

34. NEON Vs. POWER BOY II, on Tenazor-4.

Yeah, Celeste flies off while PBII finds himself covered in flung feces. Winner: Neon.

35. ULTRA-MAN Vs. HARMONIA, on Paradise Planet.

So, both have been around for centuries. I'm going to assume that Gary Concord, Jr. has inherited his fathers vast knowledge of military strategy and manages to confuse Harmonia when she misquotes Sun Tzu or something. Winner: Ultra Man.

36. ENERGY BOY Vs. DARTALG, on Io.

Yeah, while Energy Boy is wasting time bragging about how he's the champion of Ventura, Dartalg quickly takes him out.

37. NEMESIS KID Vs. GREEN LANTERN, on Trom.

Nemesis Kid's powers by definition should win most fights in this game. I'd actually have him develop some will-deadening ability, thus making Xenofobe's power ring useless. Winner: Nemesis Kid.

38. KRYPTO Vs. THOOM, in the Nine Planets Ice Cream Shoppe, Metropolis.

Krypto scooops up all of the ice cream at super-speed, and then beats Throom. Winner: Krypto.

39. THE M’ONELVES Vs. GRAVITY KID, on Orando.

So, they're basically tiny Daxamites? I'm going to assume that like regular Daxamites, they're powers are basically cancelled by duplicating the gravity of Daxam. Which means that they are basically just a bunch of tiny normal humans. Winner: Gravity Kid.

40. ARGENT Vs. DUPLICATE GIRL, on Europa.

Yeah, the Reniians are cool. But not that cool. Winner: Duplicate Girl.

Portfolio Boy #832426 12/21/14 05:16 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
41. METALLICA Vs. VEILMIST, on R-K528.

Veilmist teleports her out of her armor. Game Over. Winner: Veilmist.

42. TELEKINESIS Vs. LEX LUTHOR II, on Myar.

Not sure what the weight limit on what TK can lift is, but Luthor II uses his Star Boy-esque powers to cause anything he tries to lift to exceed the limit. I'm thinking he wins easily. Winner: Luthor II.

43. DOUBLE-HEADER Vs. NERVOSA, on Simballi.

I'm going to say that the decisive factor here is the fact that Simballi was once ruled by Otto Orion, and probably has a bunch of his old traps lying around. So advantage goes to the character whose power is basically to eat her way out of any trap. Winner: Nervosa.

44. KID PSYCHO Vs. THE UMBRA, on Sklar.

Hmm... this is a hard one, but I'll give it to KP, just because I like him better as a character. Winner: Kid Psycho.

45. MICRO LASS Vs. KID QUANTUM II, on Korr.

I'm tempted by the idea that the environment works to Micro Lass's advantage, but it's just not enough to overcome Jazmin's being way more powerful. So barring her accidentally becoming possessed by the Emerald Eye (ala Vi on postboot Korr), she's not winning. Winner: Kid Quantum II

46. BLOCKADE BOY Vs. WHIZZY, on Dryad.

Yeah, not seeing how Blockade Boy pulls this off unless he can somehow get the Dryads involved on his side. But Whizzy seems to have a better shot at that, being telepathic and all. Winner: Whizzy.

47. CATSPAW Vs. M’RISSEY, on Olo.

Yeah, again M'Rissey only hope seems to be to get the peace beasts involved on his side, but I'm thinking Catspaw has a better shot at enlisting their aid. Winner: Catspaw.

48. BLOODCLAW Vs. ECHO, on Jaquaa.

Bloodclaw tries to cover his ears to keep out all the noise, and rips his face off. I mean... seriously, this is the dude so lame he got killed by zombie Pol Krinn! Winner: Echo.

49. BATMAN Vs. SUPERMAN-X, on Zerox.

Yeah, normally I'd give this to Superman-X, but I'm definitely betting on Batman being able to use the environment to his advantage. Winner: Batman.

50. MONSTRESS Vs. BLOK, on Tharr.

Yeah, this is pretty evenly matched. Winner: Er... Monstress, for the heck of it!

Portfolio Boy #832428 12/21/14 06:18 PM
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
I have to go back and reread the classic Adult Legion tale, EDE. I'd totally forgotten that LL2 had powers!

Portfolio Boy #832442 12/21/14 07:29 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
51. WEIGHT WIZARD Vs. TELLUS, on Hajor.

Yeah, since this takes place in the remains of Hajor, where there's going to be pretty much no gravity anyway, I'm thinking Weight Wizard is pretty much useless. Though even without that, it's an easy victory for Tellus. Winner: Tellus.

52. GAZELLE Vs. SHADOW KID, on Triton.

Yeah, this might be close if it weren't for the homefield advantage. Winner: Gazelle.

53. WESTERNER Vs. LAUREL KENT, on Ventura.

All bets on on Laurel for this one. Winner: Laurel Kent.

54. SENSOR Vs. QUESTAR, on Luna.

Do we have to go with Questar before he gained his courage and became a true hero? Oh well, guess we've got to give it to Sensor, then. Winner: Sensor.

55. FIREFIST Vs. CELEBRAND, on Imsk.

Yeah, I'll give it to Celebrand's master strategizing. Winner: Celebrand.

56. MENTALLA Vs. MEMBRAIN, on Jupiter.

Hmm... on the one hand Mentalla has one of my favorite designs ever. On the other hand Membrain was the inadvertent inspiration for FEMBrain, one of my favorite MLLASH creations. Oh well, I'll give it to Mentalla. Winner: Mentalla.

57. MOG YAGOR Vs. METROX, on Cargg.

Er... only one was cool enough to be remembered on Shanghalla. Winner: Mog Yagor.

58. IMPULSE II Vs. KROMAK, on the Puppet Planetoid.

Yeah, got to go with Bart here. Winner: Impulse II.

59. POLAR BOY Vs. BRAINIAC 5, on Preztor.

Brainy is going to be hard to beat, but the combination of water-y environment and magic-based demons in the battleground may just turn the tide towards Brek. Oh heck, why not? Winner: Polar Boy.

60. TUSKER Vs. SUPERGIRL, in the Extal Colony.

Yeah, Kara's got this easily, unless there's a red sun or some such. But since we don't know that... Winner: Supergirl.

Portfolio Boy #832451 12/22/14 05:03 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Hi PoFo, I might make some changes to my list - I crammed all my decisions into a half-hour marathon and now that I'm reading through the match-ups again I may have made some mistakes. OK to go back and edit my original post?

Portfolio Boy #832452 12/22/14 05:11 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Btw, I was curious and looked through the old threads. In the last championship in 2004, which never formally ended, Kinetix and Supergirl duked it out for the top spot! And in an upset, Kinetix beat Supergirl 2-1!

In the 2003 championship, Invisible Kid (Lyle) beat Element Lad 5-4!

I like that these games let us think of creative scenarios for our favorites to beat other characters tongue When you think about it, it's very possible for almost anyone to beat almost anyone. And often, the Kryptonians/Daxamites don't even get to the end (which would be boring IMO).

Portfolio Boy #832494 12/22/14 04:01 PM
Tempus Fugitive
Online Confused
Tempus Fugitive
Cool beans PoFoBo! I've put a summary listing underneath.

1. KRYPTO-9 Vs. MAGNO, on Krypton. - Krypto's power loss is an issue, giving Magno an advantage. But would he hurt a doggie? not with his throat out, as Krypto has no such qualms. - Krypto-9

2. “URK” Vs. SHIKARI, on Throon. - Shikari finds a path through the fortress, and leads Urk to his doom courtesy of his mechanical appetite, and some big lasers. - Shikari

3. DYNAMO-BOY Vs. CHAMELEON GIRL, in Brainy’s Lab. - Dynamo Boy has form in to the death combat, and his viciousness wins out over Yera. Dynamo Boy.

4. PLANT LAD Vs. SPIDER-GIRL, on Arbro. - Spider Girl chokes Plant Lad to death before he can even get his power started. Wimp. Spider Girl

5. RADION Vs. THE MESS, on Inanor. - The Mess attracts Radion's suit, but dies from the energy released from the impact. Radion
6. “FALSE-PRETENSES LAD” Vs. VARIABLE LAD, on Bismoll. - False Pretenses Lad wasn't caught. He pretended to get caught to get access to key prison personnel. He's much too smart for the reactive Variable Lad and catches him in a modulating death trap. False Pretenses Lad.

7. KARATE KID II Vs. MWINDAJI, on Steeple. Both have had years of expereince before entering the Academy. Both come from tough backgrounds. But only Myg was turned into a Dominator Dupe when facing them. It's that lack of focus & arrogance that leads Myg to allow Mwindaji, superior use of the geography, to find him effortlessly and to trap him in a rockfall. Mwindaji.

8. ANTENNAE BOY Vs. MAGNETIC KID, on Brogg. - Bez tqaps into the radio waves of broadcasters and spectators, pin pointing his foes position. He then sets up a series of jungle traps for his foe, leading him to a gruesome quicksandy demise. ANTENNAE BOY

9. SHIFT Vs. CHEMICAL KID, on Lost World. - Hadru's learned a bit since joining the Legion. He goes into combat more prepared and has had a little of his ego knocked away. That's just enough to save his life from a surprise attack from the suck up, but not at all trained Shift, shutting down his foe's metabolism completely. A badly injured Hadru comes out on top. Chemical Kid.

10. COMET Vs. KARATE KID, on Thaun. It's one thing to be prepared for Superboy, and fight him to a draw., but Val never went in for horse fighting on his travels. Super Horse combat leaves him beaten badly. Comet.

11. JEYRA ENTINN Vs. INFECTIOUS LASS, on Vannar.- A terrible mind eating plague wipes Jeyra's personality along with her powers. Infectious Lass

12. NIGHTWIND Vs. INFERNO II, on Zwen. Nightwind finds Sandy simply too hot to handle in an all out fight. Even in her marines phase, Night wind was no match for a better natural fighter. Inferno II

13. ULTRA BOY Vs. SUPER-BIRD, on New Shanghai. - Only Jo's habit of keeping his invulnerability on constantly saves him form the first diving attack from Super Bird. But, after that, it's Jo who makes sure that the bird has no way of flying off in the crowded city streets of Shanghai. Ultra Boy

14. NIGHTCRAWLER Vs. OTAKI, on Naltor. Otaki is shown as being able to confuse and disrupt others in her short spell in the spotlight. With her mindsense giving her the range to sense Nightcrawler's presence, that's more than enough to move in to thump him unconscious with a handy weapon. Otaki.

15. EVOLVO-LAD Vs. KINETIX, on Murra. - All of Evolvo Lad's options agree. Only unconsciousness awaits when you're thrown around by TK. Kinetix

16. BOUNCING BOY Vs. BLACKOUT BOY, on Althar. It hurts just as much being thumped in darkness as it does in light. It's only a matter of time for Chuck, and the pill only lasts so long anyway. Bouncing Boy

17. AMP GIRL Vs. FERRO LAD II, on Antares. Amp Girl makes a good start, but Nolan only has to hit once, and does. Ferro Lad II

18. STREAKY Vs. PETE ROSS, on Rorbis. - Pete gets a microsecond to wonder where is, before it's all over. Streaky

19. DRAGONMAGE Vs. LODESTONE, on Elia. Lodestone is still looking for something magnetic, when 'Mage releases a poorly controlled burst of mystical energy, ending the contest. Dragonmge.

1. Krypto-9
2. Shikari
3. Dynamo Boy.
4. Spider Girl
5. Radion
6. False Pretenses Lad.
7. Mwindaji.
8. ANTENNAE BOY
9. Chemical Kid.
10. Comet.
11. Infectious Lass
12. Inferno II
13. Ultra Boy
14. Otaki.
15. Kinetix
16. Bouncing Boy
17. Ferro Lad II
18. Streaky
19. Dragonmge.

"...not having to believe in a thing to be interested in it and not having to explain a thing to appreciate the wonder of it."
Portfolio Boy #832522 12/22/14 08:25 PM
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
IB - No worries, change away.

Portfolio Boy #832525 12/22/14 09:18 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
61. VISI-LAD Vs. INVISIBLE KID, on Vondra.

This is about the worst draw Lyle could get. If it were the Fountain of 1000 Chemicals rather than Vondra, Lyle might be able to use that to his advantage. But I'm thinking Visi-Lad easily detects where Lyle is, then uses force-vision or somesuch to push him into the influence of the Aurora. Winner: Visi-Lad.

62. PRINCESS PROJECTRA Vs. ELASTIC LAD, on Robotica.

Hmmm... in straight-up combat Jeckie would have a definite advantage. But, unlike many of the Legion lasses, I don't see her flirting with Jimmy to unnerve him. And I'm thinking Jimmy somehow ends up interacting with the environment to become Cyborg-Jimmy, and uses this to advantage. Winner: Elastic Lad.

63. THE CHAMELEON Vs. CHEC, on Femnaz.

*Yawn*. Winner: The Chameleon.

64. PSYCHE Vs. DRAGONWING, on Hykraius.

Yeah, pretty much the worst possible environment for Dragonwing. Winner: Psyche.

65. ROND VIDAR Vs. TRIO, on Bgztl.

With the green lantern ring, I'd probably give it to Rond, but under the conditions stated, it's going the other way. Winner: Trio.

66. QUANTUM QUEEN Vs. POLECAT, on Rambat.

Er... does the Polecat count as a super-powered animal? Probably not. Is this before Rambat was destroyed? Anyway, Quantum Queen has enough raw power to escape the Brain-Globes before they can take control of her and take out both them and the Polecat from a distance. Winner: Quantum Queen.

67. INSECT QUEEN Vs. CRYSTAL KID, on Somahtur.

I'm pretty sure insects are going to be immune to a lot of diseases that would floor humans. Winner: Insect Queen.

68. WILDSTAR Vs. NIGHT GIRL, on Sirius Station

Assuming she can get in the darkness to trigger her powers, Lydda should take this one easily. Winner: Night Girl.

69. TRIPLICATE Vs. ENERGAX, on Titan.

Er... I'm not entirely sure on what Energax can do, but I'm going to assume he can projects energy in a wide enough field to take out three normal opponents. Winner: Energax.

70. ELVO Vs. COMET QUEEN, on New Xenn.

Hmm... the thing is that if Elvo is going to fight on this world, he's probably going to need some sort of breathing apparatus, since a key plot point of the Xenn story is that Xennians need an atmosphere that's largely xenon. But, if he has the breathing apparatus, that's going to negate the possibility that Comet Queen can take him out with noxious fumes. And while she might be able to slam into him and take him out, that energy sword is probably going to constitute a pretty good defense. Winner: Elvo.

Portfolio Boy #832529 12/22/14 11:57 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
71. XERA Vs. ORINTHO, on Brande’s Planetoid.

So, I'm not seeing much atmosphere to play with on Brande's Dwarf Planet. But that cuts both ways as being able to change into a bird is pretty useless if you don't have air to fly in. I don't know... overall it seems like Xera has this. Winner: Xera.

72. NIMBOK Vs. DUPLICATE BOY, in the Interplanetary Bank.

My favorite take on Nimbok is the one suggested by (I believe) our own He Who Wonders, who had it that Vaalor is connected in some way to Valor, with its inhabitants being weaker Daxamites (also explaining his particular vulnerability to Mordru some mysterious sorceror who pretended to be his friend. Anyway, I'm betting Duplicate Boy thinks, "Hey, this guy was defeated by magic once, so I'll use that again!", forgetting that he sucks at duplicating magic, and gets taken out. Winner: Nimbok

73. SUN BOY Vs. SPIDER-BOY, on Korbal.

As the onetime best friend of Garth Ranzz, I'm guessing Dirk Morgna knows enough about Korbal to the environment and the lightning beasts to his advantage. Winner: Sun Boy.

74. QUETZAL Vs. TITANGIRL, on Vorn.

So, I'm going with Queztal's resistance to telepathy giving her an advantage, plus her songs will allow her to lure some beast under her command that will be useful in disrupting a psychic manifestation such as Titangirl. Winner: Quetzal.

75. BLAST-OFF Vs. COSMICBOT, on Mars.

So, I'm thinking Blast-off pretty much just blasts into Cosmicbot, damaging him enough to win? I don't know. Winner: Blast-Off.

76. RANN ANTAR Vs. QUAKE KID, on Venus.

Quake Kid is busy macking on some weird Venusian lifeform or another, and meanwhile Kid Heavyfeathers drops a bird on him. Winner: Rann Antar.

77. PHASE II Vs. LESTER SPIFFANY, on Avalon.

"So, what's Wildfire paying you to die? I'll double it." Winner: Lester Spiffany.

78. BEAST BOY Vs. TYROC, on Corvan IV.

I'm thinking Beast Boy can become some sort of space octopus or something, grab Tyroc and cart him off into space where his powers are useless. Winner: Beast Boy.

79. ANTI-LAD Vs. TRIAD III, on Oranz.

Of not is the fact that on Anti-Lad's fake cover story, he actually came from a world with a sun far brighter than Earth's, and would be blind on Earth if it weren't for his visor. If that were true, the darkness of Oranz might play a role in this story. Since it isn't, I'm pretty sure he just uses his power to trip up the triplicates, and have them bascially take each other out as they try to tri-jitsu him. Winner: Anti-Lad.

80. COLOR KID Vs. COSMIC KING, on Linsnar.

Color Kid is an easily underrated combatant, but I'm not seeing how he wins against Cosmic King. Winner: Cosmic King.

Portfolio Boy #832535 12/23/14 12:48 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Originally Posted by Portfolio Boy
IB - No worries, change away.

Thanks!

Portfolio Boy #832578 12/23/14 03:15 PM
Tempus Fugitive
Online Confused
Tempus Fugitive
20. SILVERWING Vs. GRAFT, at Starhaven.
Two pretty inexperienced combatants. Graft edges it as Silverwing really didn;t see the Durlans' betrayal coming, which gives Graft a bit of an edge. Graft

21. GOOGAL Vs. ATOM GIRL, on Colu.
Little does Googal know that Colu is patrolled by vermin exterminators. Vi activates these and watches as many mice become single mouse and then no mouse at all. Atom Girl

22. TIMBER WOLF Vs. IMPULSE, on Superboy Planet.
There's plenty of areas for Brin to use his super agility here, and he's more ferocious than Kent ever was. Impulse has the strength and direct, not particularly agile speed, on his side. As much as I like Impulse, I think Brin would cause huge amounts of clawed damage close in, and be resistant enough to take a few thumps along the way. Timber Wolf

23. OCTUS Vs. BRAINO, on Tombor.
I'm detecting a bit of Morrison rip offhomage on the Super-pets here. Braino has done what no other hero has managed and eradicate crime. So, he's either smart enough to realise that an 8th dimensional octopus is useless when it's a phantom (thanks local inhabitants!) or he's absorbed the evil of a world full of superman-class villains and has the power to defeat Octo on it's own terms, and with extra smarts too. Braino.

24. FIRE-LAD Vs. MAGNO BOY, on Vorn.
Fire Lad has the training, the range and the power to defeat the untrained fodder that is Magno Boy. Fire Lad

25. SATURN QUEEN Vs. ELEMENT LAD, on Mlain.
Oooooh, a huge Clash of the Titans. Oh sorry, only one of them has spent a lot of time on Titan. Saturn Queen has subdued Jan before he can even start using his powers. It's pretty much over from that point on. A big loss in the first round. Saturn Queen

26. LEETA-87 Vs. BRAWLER, on Pasnic.
I like to think of Leeta as controlling nature, adding extra irony into her demise. Brawler has no chance. Leeta-87

27. ANDROMEDA Vs. FLEDERWEB, on Braal.
A victory for Andromeda in less time than it took to type this. There's nowhere Flederweb could hide. Andromeda.

28. LAMPREY Vs. CHLOROPHYLL KID, on Kathoon.
By the time the Kid figures out what he can work with on Kathoon, his spinach is cooked. Lamprey.

29. LIGHTNING LAD Vs. GREEN BOY, on Manna-5.
The more reserved Proty-Garth doesn't leap into combat without thinking, and that's an advantage against Green Boy, who's waiting to ambush him. A few lightning bolts later, and it's a win for Garth. Lightning Lad.

30. TAROT Vs. ATOM’X, in Kwai space.
An unfortunate location for Tarot, as she would have had a chance to have something prepared in a number of other locations. Not here though, and it's a win for Atom'X.

31. LIGHTNING LORD Vs. LIFE LASS, in 20th century Smallville.
Mekt can't have a fight without telling everyone how he's going to kill Garth and the Legion. By than point, he's been hit on the head by every streetlight in Smallville. Life Lass.

32. DEV-EM Vs. Mr. MXYZPTLK II, on Weber’s World.
Mr. M has plenty of power, but he's a trusting imp unlike his brother and needs someone like a Lutjhor descendant aorund to make the decisions. As suck, the super knave gets Mr M to vanish himself form the universe in tried and tested Superman fashion (Dev's done plenty of reading in his time as a ICC agent). Dev-Em.

33. VRAX GOZZI Vs. WILDFIRE, on Zyzan.
Gozzi is smart. Smart enough to quickly write his will in the sand, before Drake arrives. Wildfire.

34. NEON Vs. POWER BOY II, on Tenazor-4.
The monkeys disrupt everyone's concentration. Since Neon didn't have a lot of combat training in using her powers, Power Boy gets in close enough to disrupt her with a punch. But as he's leaving to claim victory, a shaky, willpower reformed Neon blasts him for the win. Neon.
35. ULTRA-MAN Vs. HARMONIA, on Paradise Planet.
Will Concord have the strength to get free from under that mountain? ....No. He won't. Harmonia.
36. ENERGY BOY Vs. DARTALG, on Io.
"This is the nuclo-globe that made me a hero on Ventura. Of course, I didn't have darts sticking out of my face there." FLUNK! Dartalg

37. NEMESIS KID Vs. GREEN LANTERN, on Trom.
Faced with the power of Rond and his ugly white Lantern costume, Nemesis Kid's power kicks in and teleports him away, granting Rond a win by default. Green Lantern

38. KRYPTO Vs. THOOM, in the Nine Planets Ice Cream Shoppe, Metropolis.
Krypto's no slouch. He waits to get punched by Thoom so that ice cream falls to the floor. At superspeed, he scoffs the lot before taking care of Thoom with a waggy tail. Krypto

39. THE M’ONELVES Vs. GRAVITY KID, on Orando.
Gravity Kid has all the training, including time as an SP, and the calmness to literally crush the lives out of the M'Onelves from a very safe distance. Gravity Kid.

40. ARGENT Vs. DUPLICATE GIRL, on Europa.
Argent has to get in close to win the combat. And getting close to Duplicate Girl is a mistake, as Argent is beaten by the appearance of a hundred dupes. Duplicate Girl.

20. Graft
21. Atom Girl
22. Timber Wolf
23. Braino.
24. Fire Lad
25. Saturn Queen
26. Leeta-87
27. Andromeda.
28. Lamprey.
29. Lightning Lad.
30. Atom'X.
31. Life Lass.
32. Dev-Em.
33. Wildfire.
34. Neon.
35. Harmonia.
36. Dartalg
37. Green Lantern
38. Krypto
39. Gravity Kid.
40. Duplicate Girl.

"...not having to believe in a thing to be interested in it and not having to explain a thing to appreciate the wonder of it."
Portfolio Boy #832703 12/24/14 06:01 PM
Tempus Fugitive
Online Confused
Tempus Fugitive
41. METALLICA Vs. VEILMIST, on R-K528. - It's an easy teleportation into the earth for Veilmist. But a sweet touch was falling in love with one of the locals to reveal the most impervious structure under the planet for Veilmist to use as a teleportation target. Metallica isn't going to get out in time, before her life support runs out. Veilmist's romance was cut short when she upgraded to someone else. Veilmist

42. TELEKINESIS Vs. LEX LUTHOR II, on Myar. - This kinder, gentler Luthor just shoots Telekinesis with his rifle, putting her out of the misery of having a rubbish codename. His armour protects him form any TK long enough to do the deed. Lex Luthor II

43. DOUBLE-HEADER Vs. NERVOSA, on Simballi. - In the dullest of contests Nervosa survives on the world by being able to eat anything. Double Header starves to death arguing over which is the best trap to use.

44. KID PSYCHO Vs. THE UMBRA, on Sklar. - Kid Psycho (not a futuristic serial killer as I first thought) captures the Umbra like a genie in a telekinetic ally created bottle. Gnill moves said bottle to a source of tremendous energy on Sklar, destroying his opponent. Kid Psycho.

45. MICRO LASS Vs. KID QUANTUM II, on Korr. - Jazmin's powers give her plenty of time to think of a solution and to gather the appropriate weapons to blast Micro Lass - Kid Quantum II.

46. BLOCKADE BOY Vs. WHIZZY, on Dryad. - The contest goes on for quite a while as Whizzy marks every rock on Dryad as it's own territory. Whizzy finds the remains of Blockade Boy a disappointing toy. Whizzy.

47. CATSPAW Vs. M’RISSEY, on Olo. - M'Rissey may have all the smarts, but it's instinct that wins fights like this, and it's over pretty quickly. Catspaw drags the body back to the judges to show them how hunting should be done. Catspaw.

48. BLOODCLAW Vs. ECHO, on Jaquaa. He may be haemorrhaging internally from Echo's attacks and may be completely deaf, but Bloodclaw simply doesn't give up and finally manages to use his metallic claws to end the contest. Bloodclaw.

49. BATMAN Vs. SUPERMAN-X, on Zerox. Anywhere else this would have been an easy win for Supes. But Zerox is simply loaded with magical potential, the very atmosphere depowers Superman gradually. With so many artefacts around, Wayne goes into Dark Knight Returns mode and defeats Superman. Batman

50. MONSTRESS Vs. BLOK, on Tharr. It's fatigue that makes the difference here. First to go are the audience, weary of the endless thumping. But it's Candi who falls first in the heat of Tharr. Blok

51. WEIGHT WIZARD Vs. TELLUS, on Hajor. Able to navigate more easily in space and in oceans, this is a good environment for Tellus. His TK is used to smash Weight Wizard off numerous bits of passing debris, rendering Wizard's power pretty meaningless. Tellus.

52. GAZELLE Vs. SHADOW KID, on Triton.
Grev's a competent champion, but possibly better at being a leader/ figurehead than a warrior. Gazelle's home advantage, sheer speed and aggressiveness finds Grev unable to react quickly beyond the standard moves he's trained in. Gazelle.

53. WESTERNER Vs. LAUREL KENT, on Ventura.
Mechanism or descendant. Kent is still to smart for Santoza, and resistant enough to win this contest. Laurel Kent.

54. SENSOR Vs. QUESTAR, on Luna.
Questor finds all those old fears only too real when he's up against Sneckie, leaving her to finish off a quivering wreck of a person. Sensor

55. FIREFIST Vs. CELEBRAND, on Imsk.
This comes down to sheer firepower, and Firefist wins out in a contest between a '90s cyborg and a '60s sci fi hero. Firefist.

56. MENTALLA Vs. MEMBRAIN, on Jupiter.
Mentalla is once again over confident. Looking to take over her opponents reactions she finds that she's no match for a being that's up there with the Brain Globes. Lost in a trance, Membrain gets the locals to finish the job. Membrain.

57. MOG YAGOR Vs. METROX, on Cargg.
Mog's costume has similarities to Marco Malok's (as impersonated by Superboy in Ad370), so I like to think of him as having some of the same, more physical powers (with Marco being a shamed, crooked descendant). Metrox, as a Metrox rip-off can only hope to bore Mog to death before he's beaten. He fails. Mog Yagor.

58. IMPULSE II Vs. KROMAK, on the Puppet Planetoid. If there are any secrets to be found in the puppets on the planetoid, Kromak doesn't have time to find them as Bart gets an easy win. Impulse II.

59. POLAR BOY Vs. BRAINIAC 5, on Preztor.
Poor Polar Boy. Brainiac could tell him how to win this fight easily. But Brek goes for the tried and tested approach only to find himself, and his ice constructs, forced back by the full might of Brainy's force field. Then the field begins to constrict... Brainiac 5

60. TUSKER Vs. SUPERGIRL, in the Extal Colony.
Perhaps Supergirl has a trophy room where she can display Tusker's tusks. Supergirl.

41. Veilmist
42. Lex Luthor II
43. Nervosa
44. Kid Psycho.
45. Kid Quantum II.
46. Whizzy.
47. Catspaw.
48. Bloodclaw.
49. Batman
50. Blok
51. Tellus.
52. Gazelle.
53. Laurel Kent.
54. Sensor
55. Firefist.
56. Membrain.
57. Mog Yagor.
58. Impulse II.
59. Brainiac 5
60. Supergirl.

Portfolio Boy #832765 12/25/14 02:19 PM
The Present is Past
The Present is Past
1. KRYPTO-9 - powers or not for either of them, I can't see Magno kicking a dog while he's down.
2. SHIKARI - carries Urk away, no edible transuit necessary.
3. CHAMELEON GIRL - sorry about the lab destruction, Brainy.
4. SPIDER-GIRL - gets the drop from those high branches.
5. RADION - takes the Mess out, but then probably gets beat up by some machines.
6. VARIABLE LAD - if only because he's smaller and the people of Bismoll don't like it when you beat on kids.
7. KARATE KID II - Kind of has it in the bag. He wouldn't want to run and hide anyway.
8. MAGNETIC KID - No one's a clear winner, but Magnetic Kid probably has the moxy to clock a guy. Antennae Lad? Eh.
9. SHIFT - Chemical Kid COULD win one day, but not yet.
10. KARATE KID - Ride that horse, Val. Er...wait.
11. JEYRA ENTINN - I love Drura, but Jeyra doesn't have time for such things and puts you to sleep before you can blink.
12. NIGHTWIND - smothers flames and Inferno II is afraid of the dark anyway.
13. ULTRA BOY - Jo because he's Jo.
14. NIGHTCRAWLER - can't hide in shadow from Otaki, but he's more physically adept.
15. KINETIX - wraps up Evolvo-Lad
16. BOUNCING BOY - tight spaces just means more bounce for Chuck.
17. FERRO LAD II - Metal vs flesh, basically.
18. STREAKY - He'd probably leave Pete in a tall tree.
19. DRAGONMAGE - overwhelming Xao has ended with magical, explosive results before.
20. SILVERWING - Shift can't hide from Starhavenites, who side with the close proximity.
21. ATOM GIRL - she'd take Googal out to save her own life, though the question becomes would a million rats let her walk away after ... an everyone dies stalemate?
22. TIMBER WOLF - fast reflexes are a saving grace.
23. OCTUS - I guess?
24. MAGNO BOY - Staq would hold out but eventually some molten metal is getting thrown on him.
25. SATURN QUEEN - Jan doesn't really have a chance, as the threeboot version.
26. BRAWLER - definitely won't be a fan-favorite after this one.
27. ANDROMEDA - One punch.
28. LAMPREY - Lamprey can't really hide in Kathoon, but Chlorophyll Kid isn't exactly ruthless. Any plant he extends to grab her she could direct an attach back with.
29. LIGHTNING LAD - Bzzt! Watch out for those marshes, everyone.
30. ATOM’X - though after a lot of cat and mouse.

Portfolio Boy #832852 12/26/14 05:36 PM
Tempus Fugitive
Online Confused
Tempus Fugitive
61. VISI-LAD Vs. INVISIBLE KID, on Vondra.
Ultra Boy managerd to get in with vision powers, but it wasn;t enough for Visi-Lad. However, this is one of the worst draws Lyle could have had and he's caught in one of the wide ranging heat vision blasts. Visi-Lad

62. PRINCESS PROJECTRA Vs. ELASTIC LAD, on Robotica.
Jeckie may have problems snapping Jimmy's neck. But that's OK. She gets Jimmy to walk into a furnace believing that he's with his pal Superman. Princess Projectra.

63. THE CHAMELEON Vs. CHEC, on Femnaz.
The suddenly female Chameleon uses a tentacle to smother the terrified and inexperienced Chec. The Chameleon

64. PSYCHE Vs. DRAGONWING, on Hykraius.
Dragonwing's aggressiveness turns to love for Psyche. Dragonwing willingly sacrifices herself for Psyche by getting blown up fighting some of Tellus' also controlled brethren. Psyche.

65. ROND VIDAR Vs. TRIO, on Bgztl.
He could invent a time cube, but at least one of Trio has found him before he can finish. WHat ROnd has found is a device to transport Trio into the buffer zone. Rond's always been lucky that way. Rond Vidar.

66. QUANTUM QUEEN Vs. POLECAT, on Rambat. - Quantum Queen ends (surrounding and zapping Polecat)this before the Brain Globes can get annoyed at the interlopers. Quantum Queen.

67. INSECT QUEEN Vs. CRYSTAL KID, on Somahtur.
Fly Girl gets in close. Slug Girl goos the victim and Spider Girl ties him up and removes all the blood before Superboy notices. Crystal Kid screams a lot. Insect Queen.

68. WILDSTAR Vs. NIGHT GIRL, on Sirius Station
Although vulnerable to an attack form Wildstar, Nightgirl's martial abilities make her too good an opponent to get hit first time. She closes in for the punch that ends the contest. - Night Girl

69. TRIPLICATE Vs. ENERGAX, on Titan.
Energax uses his powers to fry Triplicate up close. Energax.

70. ELVO Vs. COMET QUEEN, on New Xenn.
Comet's Queen's flight is the key decider here. She's also apparently a very fast flier. She creates a choking smog around Elvar from far above, causing him to black out. Comet Queen.

71. XERA Vs. ORINTHO, on Brande’s Planetoid.
By the time Xera has overcome the struggle with the expensive atmosphere control in Brande's mansion, this fight is over. A tiny Ornitho darts in close before a razorclawed one finishes the job. Ornitho.

72. NIMBOK Vs. DUPLICATE BOY, in the Interplanetary Bank.
Thankfully, Ord doesn't know that Nimbok was beaten by a sorcerer. SO he avoids duplicating the powers of the White Witch and nearly killing himself. He duplicates Colossal Boy and pounds Nimbok into the ground, burying him (just in case those mutant powers would keep him alive otherwise). Duplicate Boy

73. SUN BOY Vs. SPIDER-BOY, on Korbal.
Dirk flies up and blasts the entire area, including whatever Spider Boy was clinging to. Sun Boy.

74. QUETZAL Vs. TITANGIRL, on Vorn.
The problem of having the psychic energy of many people is getting it to agree to do what you want. Titan Girl spends most of her time doing that, and doesn't differentiate between Quetzal and the animal life around her. This allows Quetzal to get up close and provide a bit of harmony to Titan Girl's fractured psyche, before knocking her out. Quetzal.

75. BLAST-OFF Vs. COSMICBOT, on Mars.
There are enough metallic elements in Blast-Offs shiny costume to allow Cosmic Bot to use his magnetism to drive blast off down beneath the Martian sands. CosmicBot

76. RANN ANTAR Vs. QUAKE KID, on Venus.
Rann's skill of super heavyness doesn't save him from plummeting into a newly created crevice. Quake Kid.

77. PHASE II Vs. LESTER SPIFFANY, on Avalon.
Lester convinces Phase that returning to a future of Wildfire's leadership is suicide, and bribes him to concede the contest. Lester Spiffany.

78. BEAST BOY Vs. TYROC, on Corvan IV.
Unfortunately, all of Beast Boy's creations have ears. Tyroc teleports in and sonically blasts him. Tyroc.

79. ANTI-LAD Vs. TRIAD III, on Oranz.
Thanks to Anti-Lad's abilities Triad III beats herself into unconsciousness. Anti-Lad

80. COLOR KID Vs. COSMIC KING, on Linsnar.
Cosmic King doesn't see the perfectly camouflaged Color Kid. Then he sees nothing at all as he's blind. Panicking he doesn't use his power effectively and the sub takes him out. Color Kid.

81. DREAM BOY Vs. SHADOW LASS, on Shanghalla.
Dream Boy tries to use precognitive guesses to tell Shady about the deaths of others close to her tying them with the deaths of Earth-Man and Mon El. It just makes her angry, and the fight a bit shorter. Shadow Lass.

82. LIGHTNING LASS Vs. QUISLET, on Oa.
Oh dear. Ayla blasts little Quislet's ship about the desolate ruins of Oa. In desperation he tries to inhabit the remains of the giant battery and is lost to it's vast emerald energy. Lightning Lass

61. Visi-Lad
62. Princess Projectra.
63. The Chameleon
64. Psyche.
65. Rond Vidar.
66. Quantum Queen.
67. Insect Queen.
68. Night Girl
69. Energax.
70. Comet Queen.
71. Ornitho.
72. Duplicate Boy
73. Sun Boy.
74. Quetzal.
75. CosmicBot
76. Quake Kid.
77. Lester Spiffany.
78. Tyroc.
79. Anti-Lad
80. Color Kid.
81. Shadow Lass.
82. Lightning Lass

Portfolio Boy #832864 12/26/14 10:04 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
81. DREAM BOY Vs. SHADOW LASS, on Shanghalla.

Dream Boy just surrenders, because even he can see that he's not winning this. Winner: Shadow Lass.

82. LIGHTNING LASS Vs. QUISLET, on Oa.

Inhabiting the Power Battery probably isn't going to work, but fortunately for Quislet's there's also plenty of GL rings lyings about, which he can inhabit and use against Ayla. Winner: Quislet.

83. INVISIBLE KID II Vs. “SUPER-PHRENOLOGY LAD," on Tartarus.

Super-Phrenology Lad cleverly prepares to use his power to read all of the bumps on Jacques's head. Unfortunately, an invisible fist connects with his jaw long before he has any idea that his opponent is in range. Winner: Invisible Kid II.

84. CHEMICAL KING Vs. STORM BOY, on Silvan.

Unfortunately, the batteries on Storm Boy's internalized storm controlling mechanism have all gone dead. Strange, since he put brand new one's in before the battle. Winner: Chemical King.

85. FLATLINE (Ron-Karr) Vs. IMPLICATE GIRL, on Thanar.

Neptune Lad uses ability to become two-dimensional to enter the tesseract from which Implicate Girl draws her powers. And, er... somehow this allow him to defeat her! Winner: Flatline.

86. GRAV Vs. GALAXY, on New Tortuga.

Galaxy Girl totally uses her ability to draw upon the mass of an entire galaxy to negate Grav's powers! Winner: Galaxy Girl!

87. SIZE LAD Vs. GATES, on Veruna.

Size Lad totally interferes with Gates's power by shrinking his teleportation gates every time he tries to use them! So Gates just flies over and kicks his ass. Winner: Gates.

88. SPIDER-BOY 2099 Vs. COLOSSAL BOY, on Almeer-5.

Spider-Boy has all the powers of a spider if were the size of a human being! Unfortunately for him, once Colossal Boy grows big enough, that means he's basically like a regular spider up against a human being. My money's on Gim Allon. Winner: Colossal Boy.

89. HATE-FACE Vs. AVATAR, at the Interplanetary Post Office.

Avatar surrenders after Hate-Face reads her a sad, sad letter from his own mother about how she can't stand the sight of him! frown Winner: Hate-Face

90. DEMON DAMSEL Vs. PHAETHON, on Apokolips.

When in doubt, go with the dragon. Winner: Phaethon.

Portfolio Boy #832865 12/26/14 10:42 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
91. MNEMONIC KID Vs. BEHEMOTH, on Lallor.

I assume Behemoth's powers come from radiation, ala the Hulk, and the lingering effects of the nuclear radiation on Lallor would only strengthen him. Not much Mnemonic Kid is going to be able to do against this mindless opponent. Winner: Behemoth.

92. RETRO Vs. CHAMELEON BOY, on Fwang.

Retro sees a whole lot of inverted rocketships standing around. Fearing that Chameleon Boy might be disguised as one, he keeps rewinding time to revert them back into their original form, pissing off a lot of Fwangians in the process. Until, of course, a hand reaches out of a nearby tree and socks him. Winner: Chameleon Boy.

93. IMMORTO Vs. GAS GIRL, on Thar.

Yeah, I'm thinking this is pretty much as simple as Gas Girl knocking him out in the right gaseous form. Winner: Gas Girl

94. MATTER-EATER LAD Vs. REFLECTO, on Vanishing World.

What is Reflecto's one known weakness? Gas attacks. Who, when written correctly, can consume matter in any form, including gaseous? Tenzil, that's who. After using his political skills to befriend the natives, Tenz simply lures his opponent into range of the mysterious machines and uses the gaseous by-products of their secret purpose to take down ol' Stig! Winner: Matter-Eater Lad.

95. STAR BOY Vs. CALAMITY KING, on the Blight homeworld.

Man, a really bad draw for Star Boy. E. Davis Ester shakes his hand before the combat, and poor Star Boy ends up blighted an ineligible before they can even begin the contest. Massive devastation to the Blight homeworld also ensues. Winner: Calamity King.

96. STONE BOY Vs. MANDALLA, on Asteroid ZYX.

Yeah, I'm thinking Mandalla tries to use her powers on Dag, but he simply goes into suspended animation and they have no effect. Then he simply waits until she falls victim to one of the native flora. Winner: Stone Boy.

97. SUPERBOY Vs. SPLITTER, on Winath.

Man, if this was Superboy-Prime I think Splitter might have a chance by simply freaking him out when he tried to rip his limbs off and stuff, but since this is the real, honest-to-goodness Superboy, Arm Fall Off Boy has no game at all. Winner: Superboy.

98. PHANTOM GIRL Vs. THUNDER, on Marzal.

I like Thunder well enough, but Phantom Girl has the power to move between dimensions, and she's on an island that has an unstable connection to our dimension. I'm thinking PG somehow exploits the vibratory nature of the island to duplicate the sound of Thunder saying her magic word, thus sending her back into the future. Or somesuch. Winner: Phantom Girl

99. WORMHOLE Vs. FORTRESS LAD, in the Fortress of Solitude.

The key factor here is that Fortress Lad has studied the blueprints for famous super-hero fortresses of the past, and knows how to utilize stuff in the F.o.S. to his own advantage! So while Wormhole is busy battling an imperfect duplicate of himself, Fortress Lad readies one of the cages in Superman's personal zoo that will be able to negate his power to bend time and space, and pretty soon both Wormhole and Bizarro's Wormhole are caged. Winner: Fortress Lad.

100. BRAINIAC 417 Vs. TURTLE, at the Interplanetary Zoo.

Disregarding the environment, I'd say Brainiac 417 has the definite advantage, but I'm going to say that Turtle manages to release some animal, such as a fear beast or hypno-beast, that can affect B-417 even in his intangible form, and wins that way. Winner: Turtle.

Portfolio Boy #832905 12/27/14 01:49 PM
Tempus Fugitive
Online Confused
Tempus Fugitive
83. INVISIBLE KID II Vs. “SUPER-PHRENOLOGY LAD," on Tartarus.
He's not brilliant as an espionage member, but Jacques has more than enough to sneak up on Phrenology Lad and knock him out. The wailing of the returned dead on Tartarus will also act as cover. Invisible Kid II

84. CHEMICAL KING Vs. STORM BOY, on Silvan.
Condo dinsintegrates all of the internal and external power sources used by Storm Boy to power himself, and possibly to keep him alive. Chemical King

85. FLATLINE (Ron-Karr) Vs. IMPLICATE GIRL, on Thanar.
Having set off the asteroid self destruct (that big red button on the main console) it's Ronn who manages to sqeeze through that tiny gap to the escape pod. Implicate Girl's skills can;t save her in time and another dull future gestalt member bites the dust. Ronn-Karr.

86. GRAV Vs. GALAXY, on New Tortuga.
With so many Krytonites and Daxamites around, I never thought of Galaxy Girl as someone with that sort of strength. SO, Grav certainly gets in a few hits. But I do think Galaxy Girl can convert cosmic radiation to power flight and some nifty keen energy effects. So that's it for Grav as he's blasted. Galaxy Girl.

87. SIZE LAD Vs. GATES, on Veruna. - Gates. Militaristic tyrannies? Uh oh. That Murran is going to tick off Gates. Sure enough, Gates cuts his opponent down to size by teleporting parts of him off planet. Gates.

88. SPIDER-BOY 2099 Vs. COLOSSAL BOY, on Almeer-5. The House of Ideas turns out to mostly be light weight construction, so Colossal Boy causes even more destruction as usual crushing buildings at will. Spider Boy puts up a good fight, blinding Gim for a while and getting some damage in. But he can only evade falling buildings for so long and gets caught in the end. Colossal Boy.

89. HATE-FACE Vs. AVATAR, at the Interplanetary Post Office.
I'm fond of thinking of Hate Face as Blue Devil of the future , so for me it's two magically enhanced characters with pointy sticks up against each other. Hate Face gains control of the Spear of Destiny, becoming the new Avatar. Only for the old Avatar to produce a Dear John letter from the post office sacks for Hate Face. His broken heart once again leaves him as a sobbing wreck and the old Avatar puts him out of his misery. Avatar.

90. DEMON DAMSEL Vs. PHAETHON, on Apokolips.
The winner is Darkseid. But if there was a particularly good film on and he didn't want to be disturbed then the winner would be Demon Damsel. I can easily assume that a Demon would have some resistance to fire, and probably a pointy stick handy to beat Dragons with. Demon Damsel.

From a Kingdom Come site: Demon Damsel is a new character; the card set calls her a "would-be Legion of Superheroes member." Gail informs me that Mark Waid says Demon Damsel is a new character, and not someone who actually applied, in the comics, to be a LSH member. The Revelations supplement adds this about her: "This is my sexy, childhood design for a villainess with a Legion of Super Heroes member sound to her name."

91. MNEMONIC KID Vs. BEHEMOTH, on Lallor.
Mnemonic Kid tries to forget she's here in the face of a rapidly mutating (due to the local radiation) Behemoth. Behemoth.

92. RETRO Vs. CHAMELEON BOY, on Fwang.
If you don't succeed...It takes Cham a little while before he realises that he has to knock Retro out, so he can't use his powers. Converting into a bird for flight, and then a small sized Legion HQ and falling seems to do the trick. Chameleon Boy

93. IMMORTO Vs. GAS GIRL, on Thar.
Immorto keeps coming back from the dead, reviving right in the middle of the toxic gases. Following complaints by every ethical organisation in the galaxy, who have been put off their dinner, Gas Girl is declared victorious. Gas Girl.

94. MATTER-EATER LAD Vs. REFLECTO, on Vanishing World.
Before the inhabitants complete their machines and wink out of our universe, Tenzil tries a few things against Stig. He's looking for something radioactive or gaseous, but can't find anything in time as Stig closes in. Tenzil needs to spring a surprise. So, he eats Reflecto. Matter Eater Lad.

95. STAR BOY Vs. CALAMITY KING, on the Blight homeworld.
"Bad luck? I've lived with bad luck all my life," say Thom before dropping lots of malfunctioning Blight things on Calamity King's head. Lots also fall on Thom too, so it looks as though there may not be any survivors. But a broken Thom is pulled from the wreckage. Star Boy

96. STONE BOY Vs. MANDALLA, on Asteroid ZYX.
Mandalla finds that her power doesn't seem to work on Stone Boy and she succumbs to the local plant life. Stone Boy wins.

97. SUPERBOY Vs. SPLITTER, on Winath.
For more on just how Splitter could be more of a foe to Superboy see this Lost Tale of the Legion
But in the end, Superboy is the only winner in this one. Superboy

98. PHANTOM GIRL Vs. THUNDER, on Marzal.
Tinya is resourceful and despite Thunder's power she finds herself transported to Bgztl and dumped there. Shame, I liked Thunder (well at least the idea and the visuals). Phantom Girl.

99. WORMHOLE Vs. FORTRESS LAD, in the Fortress of Solitude.
Wormhole thinks the fight is taking place in the fortress of solitude. But it;s taken a wrong turn and the fight is now between Wormhole and Fortress Lad's digestive acid. Good bye Wormhole. Fortress Lad.

100. BRAINIAC 417 Vs. TURTLE, at the Interplanetary Zoo.
The Turtle is able to resist Brainy's first few attacks. Long enough to open a cage. Brainy is knocked silly by a fleeing Invisible Eagle. The Turtle adds another punch, before Brainy can turn intangible. Turtle.

101. SUPERBOY II Vs. KONK!, on Khundia.
Uh oh! Konk has told the Khundians that Kon-El is connected to the lineage that they hate most (and that Kon is Laurel Gand's kid, as a bit of an extra fib) Kon spends the next four hours holding off the best of the Khundian forces. He's so tired he can barely stand, allowing Konk to deliver the knock out head butt. Konk.

102. CAMERA-EYE KID Vs. KONO, on Tyrraz.
Camera Eye Kid gets an interesting, if brief, bit of footage regarding leaving the bottom of Tyrraz heading out into space. Kono.

103. X-BOMB BETTY Vs. SHAPE, on Zadron.
Betty didn;t survive this far by getting herself blown up over nothing. She lets Shape win knowing that there's greater glory if she's drawn against Darkseid in another contest. Shape.

104. PROTY II Vs. TYPHOON, on Lurna.
Proty's race have survived a lot of worse things than a storm. Limpet-Proty waits the storm out before thumping Typhoon. Proty II

105. SILVER SWORD Vs. INSECT QUEEN II, on Bizarro World.
"It am bad how unwell those two don't get on." Silver Sword swats the second rate Insect Queen. Lana's mean streak gives her that edge. Silver Sword.

106. DAWNSTAR Vs. COMMAND KID, on Durla.
Did you see that blur of wings going at super speed. The Dulans didn't and neither did Command Kid. He certainly didn't see the metal rod the winged opponent was using at super speed. Dawnstar.

107. VARA, Vs. MAGNETIC KID II, on Talus.
With a mother lode of metallic objects to pick from, this one's a quic win for Pol. He hopes his brother will be pleased. Magnetic Kid II

108. GEAR Vs. BEPPO, on Takron-Galtos.
Distracted by the mechanical banana toy, Beppo is lured into the cell that usually holds Validus, Gear.

109. MON-EL Vs. CANNUS, on Maltus.
Mon-El has respect for all his opponents., but sneezes on dog hair, ending the fight earlier than planned. Mon-El.

110. PARTICON Vs. KID QUANTUM, on Medicus One.
Some call it a lucky shot, but Cullen's belt is always going to explode. Particon gets an easy win. Particon.

111. SATURN GIRL Vs. EARTH-MAN, on Murgador.
Saturn Girl reminds Earth Man what an ass he is as she wipes his identity. Saturn Girl.

112. ATMOS Vs. COMPUTO II, at Metropolis Spaceport.
Overconfident Atmos is a big favourite. But the venue provides Foccart with all sorts of toys to distract Atmos long enough for the spaceship power plants to detonate. Computo II.

113. WHITE WITCH Vs. DAV, on Daxam.
It's a safe bet that Mysa can take down blank boy. White Witch.

114. SIZZLE Vs. SAVITAR, on Myrnah.
Sizzle's energy trick works, but dragons are pretty tough. Sizzle doesn't have a response for being squished by a dragon wing, or for dragon claws. Savitar.

115. KRYPTON GIRL Vs. POWER BOY, at Nullport.
As much as I like Jed, he's out of his depth here. A calculating Lois with bossy Kryptonian powers is too much for him. There are solutions to be found on Nullport for Jed, but he's never been the brightest. Krypton Girl.

116. LUME Vs. COSMIC BOY, on Geequo.
Rokk finds a nice, dark container for Lume and with the promise of a return home magnetically seals his opponent in. Cosmic Boy.

117. TOMB Vs. ANIMAL LAD, on Xanthu.
Animal Lad turns his opponent into a tortoise and gives it to Star Boy's first girlfriend as a present. Animal Lad.

118. TARA Vs. FERRO LAD, on Rimbor.
In the bustle of Rimbor, Tara finds it difficult to reach out with her mind. Likewise, Nolan finds it difficult to locate Tara. When they bump into each other, it's Nolan's iron fist than wins the contest. Ferro Lad.

119. XS Vs. RAINBOW GIRL, at the Metropolis Time Institute.
Rainbow Girl makes XS angry and resentful at being dropped out of the Legion. But getting her angry really doesn't help and a super speed punch or two later and the fight is over. XS.

120. CALORIE QUEEN Vs. REFLEX, in Kandor.
Having watched Tenzil earlier take on someone with the same powers, there's only one way this one is going. Calorie gets super strength along the way as she eats the fleeing, injured Devlin.

121. ESTIMATE LAD Vs. BABBAGE, on Quarantine.
They may argue about Estimate Lad's chances of survival to the tenth decimal point, but there's only one outcome here as the robotic Babbage hunts down his fleshy opponent. Babbage.

122. SHIFT II Vs. GOLDEN BOY, in Weisinger Plaza, Metropolis.
Poor Golden Boy. All he needed to do was get close, but instead he's teleported in fron t of traffic. Shift II

123. EYEFUL ETHEL Vs. DREAM GIRL, on Canopus.
They both see each other coming, but Dreamy is the one with the combat precog and the fighting skills to match. Dream Girl.

124. PORCUPINE PETE, on “Andal.” (Yes or No on if Peter can last the night without calling to be rescued)

I've seen some favourites and big guns go out in Jan, Ce Ce, Lyle and Kent .
I do think Pete would last the night. But if he doesn't I'd like to see Element Lad back in.

83. Invisible Kid II
84. Chemical King
85. Ronn-Karr.
86. Galaxy Girl.
87. Gates.
88. Colossal Boy.
89. Avatar.
90. Demon Damsel.
91. Behemoth.
92. Chameleon Boy
93. Gas Girl.
94. Matter Eater Lad.
95. Star Boy
96. Stone Boy
97. Superboy
98. Phantom Girl.
99. Fortress Lad.
100. Turtle.
101. Konk.
102. Kono.
103. Shape.
104. Proty II
105. Silver Sword.
106. Dawnstar.
107. Magnetic Kid II
108. Gear.
109. Mon-El.
110. Particon.
111. Saturn Girl.
112. Computo II.
113. White Witch.
114. Savitar.
115. Krypton Girl.
116. Cosmic Boy.
117. Animal Lad.
118. Ferro Lad.
119. XS.
120. Calorie Queen
121. Babbage.
122. Shift II
123. Dream Girl.
124. Porcupine Pete to get through, but Element Lad if he doesn't.

Portfolio Boy #832995 12/28/14 01:03 PM
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
Only four more days to play in Round 1, and just four entries so far. Your vote can swing a lot of these battles!

Portfolio Boy #832997 12/28/14 01:21 PM
Tempus Fugitive
Online Confused
Tempus Fugitive
I'd just like to say thanks to Portfolio Boy,not only for the huge amount of Legion knowledge your summaries provided, but in making all of it fun and accessible too.

Portfolio Boy #833042 12/28/14 11:12 PM
The Present is Past
The Present is Past
31. LIGHTNING LORD, assuming Life Lass is defensively attacking him with conduit-type materials.
32. DEV-EM, through resilient stubbornness mostly.
33. WILDFIRE, kaboom.
34. NEON, carts Jed away to somewhere and leaves him.
35. HARMONIA, on the basis of simple out-smarting.
36. ENERGY BOY, if he has it in him to deep fry.
37. GREEN LANTERN, as even turning yellow would probably only stall a workaround against Hart.
38. KRYPTO, that messy eater.
39. THE M’ONELVES, the buggers. Sheer numbers.
40. DUPLICATE GIRL, with her booster powers aiding.
41. METALLICA, assuming Veilmist can't win by teleporting away.
42. TELEKINESIS, I suppose.
43. NERVOSA, she looked like she could pack a punch.
44. THE UMBRA, as KP would just age himself to death playing defense.
45. KID QUANTUM II, from sheer power.
46. BLOCKADE BOY, just because.
47. CATSPAW, as she wouldn't leave M'Rissey time to outsmart her.
48. BLOODCLAW, Khundian ruthlessness.
49. SUPERMAN-X, kind of volatile.
50. BLOK; though strength equals, I'd like to think that old forgotten energy absorption ability will help him withstand blows longer.
51. TELLUS, can negate WW's abilities.
52. SHADOW KID, all he really has to do is distract her long enough for her to wear her own glucose levels down.
53. LAUREL KENT, naturally.
54. SENSOR, because of that snake grip.
55. FIREFIST, kind of brutal. Takes out some Imskite villages too.
56. MEMBRAIN, I saw him as being potentially very powerful.
57. METROX, because I'm not up for overthinking on characters I don't know. Haha.
58. IMPULSE II, speed and competitive advantage.
59. BRAINIAC 5, traps Brek in a force field for a twist.
60. SUPERGIRL, naturally.

Portfolio Boy #833249 12/30/14 03:55 PM
The Present is Past
The Present is Past
61. INVISIBLE KID, as Visi-Lad could see him but not physically take him out.
62. PRINCESS PROJECTRA, lots of sharp objects to trick Elastic Lad into wrapping himself on at Robotica.
63. THE CHAMELEON, just because.
64. PSYCHE, due to Dragonwing's powers backfiring.
65. TRIO, because 3 > 1.
66. QUANTUM QUEEN, obviously.
67. CRYSTAL KID.
68. NIGHT GIRL, ruptures Wildstar's suit.
69. ENERGAX.
70. COMET QUEEN, gas out.
71. XERA, raw power.
72. DUPLICATE BOY.
73. SUN BOY, who knows the lay of the land.
74. TITANGIRL.
75. COSMICBOT.
76. QUAKE KID.
77. PHASE II.
78. TYROC.
79. ANTI-LAD.
80. COSMIC KING.
81. SHADOW LASS, Dream Boy has no combat prowress.
82. LIGHTNING LASS, as Quis is an energy being.
83. INVISIBLE KID II, sorry, Phren.
84. CHEMICAL KING, ages the device away.
85. IMPLICATE GIRL, as she just seems to have an answer to everything.
86. GRAV, because I actually know what he does.
87. GATES.
88. SPIDER-BOY 2099.
89. AVATAR.
90. DEMON DAMSEL.

Portfolio Boy #833555 01/01/15 07:46 AM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
Quick rundown of the rest I haven't picked:

101. SUPERBOY II Vs. KONK!, on Khundia.

Winner: Konk!

102. CAMERA-EYE KID Vs. KONO, on Tyrraz.

Winner: Kono

103. X-BOMB BETTY Vs. SHAPE, on Zadron.

Winner: X-Bomb Betty (Zadron is known for explosive, which is what Tharok was stealing).

104. PROTY II Vs. TYPHOON, on Lurna.

Winner: Proty II (The origin of the proteans is all about them being able to survive in different environment conditions).

105. SILVER SWORD Vs. INSECT QUEEN II, on Bizarro World.

Winner: Insect Queen II

106. DAWNSTAR Vs. COMMAND KID, on Durla.

Winner: Dawnstar

107. VARA, Vs. MAGNETIC KID II, on Talus.

Winner: Magnetic Kid II

108. GEAR Vs. BEPPO, on Takron-Galtos.

Winner: Beppo

109. MON-EL Vs. CANNUS, on Maltus.

Winner: Mon-El

110. PARTICON Vs. KID QUANTUM, on Medicus One.

Winner: Kid Quantum I

111. SATURN GIRL Vs. EARTH-MAN, on Murgador.

Winner: Saturn Girl.

112. ATMOS Vs. COMPUTO II, at Metropolis Spaceport.

Winner: Computo II

113. WHITE WITCH Vs. DAV, on Daxam.

Winner: White Witch

114. SIZZLE Vs. SAVITAR, on Myrnah.

Winner: Sizzle

115. KRYPTON GIRL Vs. POWER BOY, at Nullport.

Winner: Krypton Girl

116. LUME Vs. COSMIC BOY, on Geequo.

Winner: Lume

117. TOMB Vs. ANIMAL LAD, on Xanthu.

Winner: Animal Lad

118. TARA Vs. FERRO LAD, on Rimbor.

Winner: Ferro Lad

119. XS Vs. RAINBOW GIRL, at the Metropolis Time Institute.

Winner: XS

120. CALORIE QUEEN Vs. REFLEX, in Kandor.

Winner: Calorie Queen

121. ESTIMATE LAD Vs. BABBAGE, on Quarantine.

Winner: Babbage

122. SHIFT II Vs. GOLDEN BOY, in Weisinger Plaza, Metropolis.

Winner: Golden Boy

123. EYEFUL ETHEL Vs. DREAM GIRL, on Canopus.

Winner: Dream Girl

124. PORCUPINE PETE, on “Andal.” (Yes or No on if Peter can last the night without calling to be rescued)

Yes.

CONSOLATION PICK:

Evolvo Lad

Portfolio Boy #833612 01/01/15 08:11 PM
The Present is Past
The Present is Past
91. BEHEMOTH
92. CHAMELEON BOY
93. GAS GIRL
94. REFLECTO
95. STAR BOY
96. STONE BOY
97. SUPERBOY
98. PHANTOM GIRL
99. FORTRESS LAD
100. BRAINIAC 417
101. SUPERBOY
102. KONO
103. SHAPE
104. TYPHOON
105. INSECT QUEEN II
106. DAWNSTAR
107. MAGNETIC KID II
108. GEAR
109. MON-EL
110. KID QUANTUM
111. SATURN GIRL
112. ATMOS
113. WHITE WITCH
114. SIZZLE
115. POWER BOY
116. LUME
117. ANIMAL LAD
118. FERRO LAD
119. XS
120. REFLEX
121. BABBAGE
122. SHIFT II
123. DREAM GIRL
124. PORCUPINE PETE

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,021
Posts1,045,257
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
Faraway Lad, Kid Charlemagne
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star