Roll Call
1 members (Alexander, Alexander, Alexander), 127 Murran Spies, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Legionnaire Mastermind
by stile86 - 04/28/24 06:30 PM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by stile86 - 04/28/24 06:28 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by stile86 - 04/28/24 06:26 PM
Legion of Super-Heroes #7 (2020) - Preview and Spoilers
by Gaseous Lad - 04/28/24 05:52 PM
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by Ann Hebistand - 04/28/24 11:11 AM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Ann Hebistand - 04/28/24 07:19 AM
The 2nd All Avengers Thread
by Ann Hebistand - 04/27/24 10:04 AM
So, what are you listening to?
by Ann Hebistand - 04/27/24 06:34 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Face it, baby-- you're FAT!!
#83294 07/11/04 01:19 PM
Substitute
Substitute
OK, that's fine then.

My room mate was around 330 Lbs and he was just so sucked into his dietary badness that he was out drinking beer every weekend, hard liquor at night before bed, snacked all the time including fast food, pizzas and chips 24-7. It was horrible to watch and all I wanted to do was NOT be around him. He was like a living lawn mower eating everything in his path! Then all he would do is sit around wishing that some cute, in shape person would fall madly in love with him. Totally in denial. He had to do laundry about 3 times a week because his clothes were so big that dirty laundry would pile up very quickly and because of all the toxins in his system he had this nasty odor. Very sour, made my stomach lurch when ever I would get a wif of it. I just hate to hear of folks giving up on themselves. I will make a statement here and since it's a cyber community it's not like your in the same room with me in case your freaked out about health issues. I've been HIV positive for over 20 years. I'm one of my doctors long time HEALTHY survivors. It's not to say I will eventually subcome to some illness brought on by my immune system being so messed up but for now I am healthy and happy in life. No, I don't have "Mr. Right" in my life, dont' really want one in all honesty (folks have too much baggage and I don't like being stressed out over someone elses "stuff", so I don't bother any more). I work out, eat as well as I can and believe me I love my Wendy's burgers and fries and frosties as much as the next person but I live with a man that is like one of my best friends and watched him struggle with his own health stuggles revolving around his weight and it's just a shame he even had to "go there" in order to get where he is today. He's healthy and much happier and better off than he was but he's still tempted, I can read him pretty well these days but he at least tries as well as he know's how. So things are allot better around the house these days and I thank the Gods above for giving my friend this eye opening experience. Hopefully it sticks!!

Be well! smile

ChameleonBoy

---Changing my Personal Circle with Courage and Love---
#83295 07/11/04 01:45 PM
Active
Active
[Linked Image]

#83296 07/19/05 06:47 PM
MLLASH Offline OP
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
I walked 5 miles yesterday!

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#83297 07/19/05 06:58 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Are you saying, LASH, there's no hope for a full-figured dude like me to find happiness with a not-quite-so-full figured hottie?

#83298 07/19/05 07:29 PM
MLLASH Offline OP
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
I personally like various body types.

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#83299 07/19/05 07:40 PM
Substitute
Substitute
Not saying there is no hope, I just thinking giveing in to unhealthy life choices is unwise.

My ex room mate, now my downstairs neighbor has gone the way of morbidly obese again. He now knows this is a choice and not because he has "given up" on himself. He finally joined my gym, a year ago now, and I think he's gone about twice per month (NOT twice a week), he then, a good part of the time, goes up the city to drink and sometimes eat and drink as a "treat" for his hour barely breaking a sweat. He's gone from a svelt (for him) 222 lbs, 42 inch waist up to a 46 and around (from eyeing him, he won't tell me) 270 lbs or so, climbing back up there. He drinks often again, the last 5 times I've talked to him by phone, his words slur at times or he talks too much (dead give away for him) when he's high and he reeked the times I've seen him. How quickly one forgets his lessons. 46, grossly overweight, depressed and lonely. He's a nice guy but he really should have been straight, gotten married, raised some kids and just had a little life where he originally came from. He gets so overwhelmed and pissy when the world is not "cooperating" with him. As he says "God hates me". Pretty sad really!! Personally I don't think he makes a very good gay man with his personal upkeep (surroundings and all) or his attitude. I'm being an ass by saying that but he thinks it's so frustrating living his life but it's just as hard on those that are concerned for his well being and attitude and there is nothing you can do about it but watch and pray that the light will dawn some day!

Being a little overweight is fine, it's natural for most but in my friends life .... well that's just lazy and not a smart way to live life, especially after the big wake up call a year ago now!!

All the best to all of you, sorry I haven't been around. Busy in the 3D community.

Richard (aka ChameleonBoy )

#83300 07/19/05 08:14 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
You can be fat & sexy. smile Bouncing Boy wasn't fat he was just bloated! doh!

I am not sure about obese and sexy though. one thing is fat but obese is another. heh.

#83301 07/19/05 09:17 PM
Substitute
Substitute
Yea, but look at Bouncing Boy or even other large men and women. There are fat and healthy (ones that at least try and are solid) and then there are folks like my friend that carries toxic water weight mixed with fat on in their muscles and under their skin. It's gross and it's just gross!!

I'll shut up now about this, I'm pretty grossed out about it all!!

Long Live the Legion and other folks that make a positive difference in the world!!

All the best!!

ChameleonBoy

Eryk Davis Ester #992005 09/03/20 05:55 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
Originally Posted by Eryk Davis Ester
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
[b]Hmm... I wonder how much pleading I would have to do to get an Agent Bek smiley...
AgentBek Can I get back to the post-boot Legionnaires, now?
[/b]
Oh... I suppose...

Oh, yeah! *That's* why there's an Agent Bek smiley! wink

MLLASH #992011 09/04/20 03:46 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Agent Bek! Which reminded me of Marij'n Bek from L.E.G.I.O.N., a fat woman made slim by the Emerald Eye, like Cera Kesh in Legionnaires. So Sarya of Venegar was originally a little chunky perhaps?

Holy Cats of Egypt!
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,020
Posts1,044,979
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Satire Lad
Satire Lad
Eniam, near the Land of the Port.
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star