Roll Call
0 members (), 18 Murran Spies, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/02/24 07:01 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by stile86 - 05/02/24 04:55 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by stile86 - 05/02/24 04:52 AM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Ann Hebistand - 05/02/24 04:44 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by stile86 - 05/02/24 04:40 AM
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by stile86 - 05/02/24 04:33 AM
Postlo3w stories *LATEST UPDATE 1 MAY*
by razsolo - 05/02/24 04:33 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 37 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 36 37
Re: PZH update 01/21/15 Round Three
Omni #836857 01/26/15 03:16 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Wow Omni, you've been on a writing frenzy lately and have produced some of your best work to date -

A very nice endimng to the Domain situation - Sensor and Gear in particular really shone. I don't know anything about Blast Off though do recall this version of Wildfire was composed of two people, great to see you reference that.

Thanks for the update, greatly appreciated!

Garth's arm twitching and then him lying to Imra about it doesn't bode well, though it makes sense he'd keep quiet about no succeeding in regrowing it. Jo's threatening looks at poor Bbob was ammusing, we all know Ultra Boy would love to lamp Crystal Kid seriously for hurting Tinya, that was a nice character moment there. Tinya xcontinues to show her emotional intelligent by apologising to Inferno, whether or not Sandy deserved it - another nicely written liitle scene.

Monstress was always a favourite of mine, she was sweet and loyal - a pleasant, and rarely seen, combination in comics and you captured it well in her conversation with Berta.

Jazmin's longing to talk to James was poignant, as was her talk with Ayla. Jed and Brek are an interesting choice of friends - both have been treated like the perenial losers by most writers (something I'm very guilty of with Brek) - and it works surprisingly well! Jed and Jo duking it out is a scary thought, though not as scary as Validus! Whoah that came out of the blue! Well done for catching me and everyone else off guard with that one.

Umbra being taken out of the game was funny, I could picture her anger.James getting on topof the team was well written as those statis fields would be very effective, though of course his cockiness got in the way - yet another enjoyable part of your story. Garth using Jan's abilities was another surprise that you slipped in to the story, well done!

I'm really enjoying your take on the team Omni and am looking forward to seeing where you take us next- more, more, more!

Legion Worlds NINE - wait, there's even more ongoing amazing adventures? Yup, and you'll only find them in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.
Omni #836866 01/26/15 03:25 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Oh, meant to say I really dig how you call everyone 'cadet' - it helps reinforced the alternate military world they are now on.

Legion Worlds NINE - wait, there's even more ongoing amazing adventures? Yup, and you'll only find them in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.
Omni #836970 01/27/15 12:48 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Thank you again Harbinger for the continued support and reading.

The "cadet" naming is definitely something that show's the militant world they live in now. So i'm glad your liking it.

I'm glad Jaz and Ayla worked out well and its liked. That was honestly the hardest one I wrote.

Well there are 340 cadets in total. So expect some more surprises. Validus is just the beginning.

Its ok Blast-off was killed off shortly after he was introduced to make way for Wildfire's existence, So not much is known about him. hopefully i'll be able to get some of you interested in him.

I have noticed that with Brek and Jed and i wanted to shy away from that. Brek founded the subs after all and Jed did attended the academy forever showing his dedication (even if it was for the glory). So there has to be more to them.

I know i loved writing Umbra in battle but the moment of taking her out and her reaction was just to perfect i knew there was no other way to go.

Thanks again for reading and stay tooned.

read the adventures of the Reboot Legion!

http://www.legionworld.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=001232
Re: PZH update 01/28/15 Round four
Omni #837031 01/28/15 01:06 AM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
As the teams took a moment to regroup Captain Allon took a look at the meters on his Omnicom.

Squad one:
Cadet Durgo 14%
Cadet Garth Ranzz 15%.
Cadet Nah 30%
Cadet Nolan 88%
Cadet Ayla Ranzz 93%

Squad 34:
Cadet Rikane 71%
Cadet Bannin 71%
Cadet Harris: 75%
Cadet James Cullen 82%
Cadet Gates 89%

“Hmm… there are still three members of squad one who haven’t gone in and only one left from squad 34. Although I have seen what Cadet Ardeen’s capabilities with the Cadet Kohan situation. But that still wasn’t a fair scrimmage. Cadet Durgo and Cadet Garth are pretty low on squad one. Although I’m very curious about his transmutation powers…I wonder why he didn’t show them off earlier. Hmmm… what to do?” Gim thought to himself as he scrolled through the information of the other cadets. He found himself stopping on Cadet Vi’s profile. He smiled slightly at her entry photo. Captain Allon continued on quickly erasing the thought from his mind to the other squads.

He noticed these two squads have been fighting much longer than any of the others showing the level of skill of squad one while showing that squad 34 can keep up. If he could train these other squads half of what they can do and if this cadet program takes off we could have special units across the U.P.. A smile grew across Captain Allon’s face. The other squads wiped out quickly to various reasons such as having one or two members that were two powerful and took everyone out quickly, No team work thus taking each other out, power malfunctions, hardware and weapons malfunctions, and the Medical Bay on several of the dormitory floors as well as the main Medical Bay were full for various injuries. But he knew all of those things could be changed. Captain Allon had decided to make a change to the next round. He saw they all were tired but prepared to be here all day. But with so few members left to see it and how much skill they all were showing he knew he had to end this or else it would go on forever.

“Cadet’s round four is about to begin. But I’ve made a change of the squads. As Cadets Ranzz, Durgo, and Nah have fought hard and long I see their fellow teammates are itching to enter battle. The three of you are all out of the game and Cadets Ardeen, Vi, and Jazmin Cullen are in play.” Captain Allon’s voiced boomed over the PA system.

Cadet Cullen was still in the air flying to his squad when he heard Jazmin’s name announced.

“What?!” Cadet James Cullen flew down as fast as he could.

Jazmin saw him land and his face was set in a scowl as he started at her coming on to the court. Her amber eyes cast downward for a moment before lifting her head high and meeting his gaze head on. This was what she had done during many of their childhood fights. She always had to be the bigger person because he was always the stubborn one.

“Finally.” Jo said standing up and brushing himself off.

“I’m off to the med-tent to see my wife. Good luck everyone.” With those words Jo zoomed off to the Med-tent.

“And I’m going to add an additional member to squad 34 as they only have one member left who hasn’t been on the field. Cadet Tarka.

A slender and defined young blue alien stepped out onto the field. At first glance one might think he was Talolkian like Umbra, but when he turns there is a shell that covers his back. The shell is that of a turtle. The shell covers his back and is a bright green. At a second glance its clear he also has no nose. His short cropped red hair only left a stylized mop on top of his head. His black eyes focused as he stretched with a broad smile on his face ready to start.
“6 to 5? I like those odds.” Cadet Ayla said sparking up her hands and looking towards Cadet James Cullen. She wanted a rematch.

Garth and Lu made their way over to the benches. They wanted to see how this match up would turn out.

“As it stands its 6 to 7. It’s been a close match. This is the last round. Make it count people.” Captain Allon said.

Round four:

Cadet Vi made the first move for her squad growing to 50 meters tall towering over them.

“I’ve always enjoyed this tactic.” Cadet Vi thought to herself with a slight smile as she remembered many a time when she could only shrink and they would do this tactic with Gim. She was so pleased to have him back. After all this time she didn’t realize how much she still missed him till she saw him. She’d be the big target while the others “surprised” them with their own attacks.

Cadet Ayla was next sending several bolts at their competitors. Hitting Cadet Rikane who instantly shifted his density to let the bolt pass through him. Sending another towards Cadet Bannin, he created and ice shield large enough to block the blots but still light enough to carry. Cadet Bannin pushed his way towards her, increasing the ice shields thickness. Cadet Ayla poured it on to Cadet Bannin who just kept pushing before finally looking underneath his ice shield and fired a blast of cold at Cadet Ayla’s hands. Freezer burning them.

“Ouch! You’ll regret that.”Cadet Ayla teased quickly generating white hot lighting around her hands. The crackle growing louder as she generated more lighting and sending a wave of bolts at Cadet Bannin’s ice shield finally smashing it to pieces.

Cadet Bannin stood there flabbergasted as his ice shield shattered in his hands. On instinct he fired off another round of ice at Cadet Ayla encasing her hands, feet and torso in ice. Cadet Vi swiped her hand at Cadet Bannin knocking him off his feet changing the direction of his blast. Hitting her square in the chest. Cadet Vi staggered back for a moment. Her black and violet workout uniform having a spot coated in ice.

“Ouch that hurt. That blast was more concentrated then I thought.” Cadet Vi thought to herself as she tried to snatch up Cadet Rikane who changed his density to allow her hand to pass through him. As soon as she realized he was tangible again she swung her hand backwards sending him flying into the waiting arms of Cadet Nolan who hugged the cadet tightly.

Cadet Rikane struggled against Cadet Nolan’s iron grip and changed his density again getting denser; which increased his strength and invulnerability. Before Cadet Nolan realized it Cadet Rikane had reached a super strength levels and busted free from his arms and took flight for the first time in the battle. All were slightly shocked but it wasn’t at the fact that he took flight but that his appearance had become much stockier than her appeared before his head had become wider, his muscled bulged underneath his black workout suit and his skin tone darkened turning him from a light purple to a dark magenta.

But that momentary shock was not enough for Cadet Rikane to evade a blast of quantum energy surrounding him in a quantum bubble. Cadet Rikane didn’t notice the golden hued energy enclosing him in the bubble till it was too late. Cadet Rikane punched at the bubble. His super strength sent ripples across the surface of the quantum bubble. But to the outside world he looked as if he was moving in slow motion. Cadet Vi grabbed the bubble and rolled it into the ice walls Cadet Bannin had erected.

Gates ported in quickly grabbing Cadet Bannin and Cadet Berta who was under the telepathic sway of Cadet Ardeen who was mesmerizing her to stand still and not move.

“What’s with her? Lost your lust for battle Berta?” Gates quipped as he waved his claw in front Cadet Berta’s face. Her light purple eyes glazed over.

“I’m pretty sure it’s Cadet Ardeen. She the telepath right?” Cadet Bannin asked blasting one last ice blast towards Cadet Ayla who had been freed with the help of Cadet Nolan.

The golden quantum bubble rolled through the ice smashing it to pieces sending the shards flying. Cadet Jazmin froze several in the air before quickly speeding up their molecules melting them. Cadet Cullen watched from afar at what Cadet Jazmin Cullen could do. He saw the ease she seemed to work her powers. But she wasn’t the only one. Cadet Cullen flew down and intercepted the amber bubble grasping to grab control of its quantum signature. His hands glowed brightly. The brighter they got the harder Cadet Cullen began to sweat as he finally grabbed hold of the golden quantum bubble changing its hue to his signature pink purple glow. But the bubble still stood sound as the ripples that Cadet Rikane sent out moments ago finally appeared to show on the outside of the bubble.

Meanwhile Cadet Rikane had sat down in the quantum bubble by the time the ripple had been seen on the outside. He’d never tried going through a quantum barrier before and wasn’t sure if he could change his density enough to escape. Lowering his density he could feel his molecules merging with the quantum energies. He could feel the heat of the energy as his feet began to pass through. But as he phased more Cadet Rikane realized he wasn’t phasing though the quantum bubble and coming out the other side but was merging with the bubble before Cadet Rikane knew it he was joined and swirling around the bubble with the quantum energy fluctuations. The now pink purple bubble swirled with energy and now Cadet Rikane’s image along the inside of the bubble. His phased molecules riding the current around Cadet Rikane screamed.

As Cadet Cullen concentrates to try and remove the quantum bubble pealing back a layer in a blinding light as sweat poured down his face. He didn’t see Cadet Rikane’s image till it was too late.

“NO!!!!!!!!!!!!! HELP ME!” Cadet Rikane screamed cycling around quickly.

“What the hell?” Cade Cullen pulled back.

“He tried to phase himself through the quantum bubble.” Cadet Ardeen added quickly added.

“Did..Did I do this?” Cadet Cullen stammered out.

“No. he tried to phase out and this is just an unfortunate accident. I consulted with Cadet Wazzo Nah in the med- tent and she said Bztglian’s have issues phasing through quantum fields and they are often used as prisons on Bzgtl.” Cadet Ardeen’s voice was calm and soothing to Cadet Cullen a suggestion she planted in his mind as she could sense the stress and fear from him without even reading his mind.

“Is there away to extract him from the “quantum” bubble safely?” Captain Allon’s voice boomed in over the p.a. system.

“It should be fine.” Cadet Jazmin said entering the conversation.

“Imra…I mean Cadet Ardeen I need you to isolate his thoughts and help him gather his molecules and try to guide him in putting himself back together or at least to a central spot. Preferably at the base of the quantum bubble.” Jazmin instructed coolly.

“I’ve feed your instructions to him. but he says the quantum…frequency is vibrating too fast for him to pull anything together.” Cadet Ardeen said as her eyes glowed a mellow pink.

“Cadet Cullen would you help me in slowing the frequencies. We could create quantum polls to keep the currents low enough for him to reform?” this was the first time Cadet Jazmin had spoken to Cadet Cullen this realities version of her deceased brother. She hopped the quiver she heard in her head as she spoke wasn’t heard allowed to the assembled group. If they did they would mistake it for fear of the job before her but in actuality it was the fear of talking to her brother for the first time in longer than she could remember.

“Of course.” Cadet Cullen said returning to his proper stance of professionalism.

The two of them moved to opposite sides of the violet quantum bubble and gently placed their hands on the bubble. The swirling violet light began to calm and their hands began to glow. Cadet Cullen’s hands started at their normal pink purple hue while Cadet Jazmin’s hands were soft golden glow, just like the quantum bubble originally was. Each started pulling and the frequencies stream lining them to allow Cadet Rikane to reform. As the current steadied, Cadet Rikane’s molecules slowly drifted down to the bottom of the bubble.

“He’s there.” Cadet Ardeen said opening her eyes.

“One three I’m going to pull the energy towards me. I want you to do the same Cadet Cullen and then Cadet Ardeen I need you to tell Cadet Rikane to think of himself reforming and changing his density back to a tangible state.”

Cadet Ardeen and Cadet Cullen nodded in agreement.

“One…” Cadet Jazmin’s eyes met Cadet Cullen’s.

“Two….” Cadet Jazmin glanced at Cadet Ardeen who gave a nod as her eyes glowed bright pink.

“Three!” Cadet Jazmin and Cadet Cullen began pulling their hands glowing brighter in their respective colors. As the two quantum energies separated.

Cadet Rikane struggled with pulling himself back together but slowly his form emerged as the swirling quantum energy’s flow began to slow down till the energy split at the center of the front side of the bubble; looking as if it were melting away. The energy was being pulled into the cadets hands. Cadet Rikane knelt there waiting till he was free. He saw the swirling light reflecting on the bottom of the bubble and casting his shadow about him but he didn’t dare look at it directly for fear of losing concentration. With a small flash the lights stopped and both Cadet Cullen’s fell to their knees exhausted.

Cadet Rikane raised his head cautiously.

“Am I back?” Cadet Rikane quickly looked around and stood.

“How do you feel Cadet Rikane?” Cadet Ardeen walked up to him and gently put her hand on his shoulder as she tried to look into his eyes.

“Aside from super stretched out and a little dizzy I’m alright.”

Captain Allon floated down to them.

“Cadet’s how’s he doing?”

“He’ll be alright. But I think he could use with some rest.”

“Well it looks like he’s going to get it.” Captain Allon looked down at Cadet Rikane’s chest and his meter was red and at 0%.

“”No! I can keep going. Anyone want to switch out?”

“Sorry Cadet it doesn’t work that way. You’re out. And how are the Cullen’s?” Captain Allon asked as he looked over at the two still on their knees resting.

“Cadet Jazmin’s meter is at 67% and Cadet James’s meter is at 33%” Ayla said as she bent down to check on the two of them.

“Then we’ll continue. Two points to each squad. Great team work and tactics all around.” Captain Allon said returning back up above the court to the other judges

The two came around after a minute or so and the scrimmage continued on.

Cadet Vi changed her size from 50 meters tall to the size of a rag doll running at her full speed she jumps and kicks Cadet Bannin square in the chest as she increased in size to 7 feet tall sending the cadet flying back. Cadet Bannin fell back and fired a shot of ice straight up. Gates opened a portal in the direction of the ice blast and opened another portal in front of Cadet Vi. The blast was strong enough that it encased her entire torso and arms in ice. Cadet Ayla came and zapped the ice with a strong jolt melting cracking it instantly allowing Vi to grew another 3 feet to break the ice.

Cadet Ayla fired off bolt after bolt at the only opponent who had yet to join the fray. Cadet Bogdan. In the blink of an eye he was gone. Cadet Ayla shook her head unsure of what to make of where her new adversary had gone. Before Cadet Ayla could react she was getting kicked and punched causing her bolts to go flying erratically. Gates opened portals just as he did with Cadet Bannin’s ice and opening it in front of everyone. Cadet’s Vi and Ardeen were zapped squarely in the chest taking their meters down. Both down to 45%.

Cadet Bogdan appeared next to Cadet Ayla and punched her in the jaw taking her out and bring her meter down to 55%. She didn’t see where he came from or where he went to. But as he disappeared Cadet Jazmin caught whiff of a quantum signature on the periphery of her powers. she couldn’t tell exactly where it was coming from but every time it she sensed it, the quantum signature appeared in different spots.

“He must be a speedster” Ayla said breathlessly as she tried to recover from his last attack doubled over. Looking up Cadet Bogdan yet again came out of nowhere and kicked Ayla in the stomach sending her flying. His super speed seemed to allow him a bit of super impacting ability giving him near super strength.

After that attack Cadet Bogdan appeared breathing heavily. But in a blip he was gone again. Cadet Jazmin continued to feel the quantum wake but still unsure of its origin as each time it appeared it would decay quickly as if it wasn’t there at all. She figured it had to be Cadet Cullen’s belt. She must just be registering it’s owe quantum wake but delayed as she saw Cadet Cullen throw a stasis field at Cadet Nolan who dodged it and went into a tuck and roll. Cadet Berta had finally come back to her senses and was no longer mesmerized by Cadet Ardeen and sending wave of cyclones towards Cadet Nolan as he evaded both of their attacks. For a man made of iron he could move pretty quickly but it wasn’t quick enough as Cadet Cullen cast another stasis field trapping him in it in mid tuck and roll.

Cadet Jazmin fired a blast of quantum energy towards Cadet Berta trying to get her to disperse her cyclones as they moved over to Cadet’s Ardeen and Vi as they roused from Cadet Gates redirect of Cadet Ayla’s lighting. Cadet Berta redirected then towards Cadet Jazmin, who took flight. She dodged the cyclones quickly remembering that her realities Berta used the strategy of keeping her cyclones close together and in rapid succession. This Berta however didn’t keep them as tight and her wind width was greater making it harder to dodge but easier to hold in a stasis field for a moment. Cadet Jazmin flew down and kicked Berta in the face breaking her concentration. The winds died down as Cadet Berta made got back up and began fighting hand to hand with Cadet Jazmin as did many of them. Ayla with her hands charged punched Cadet Bannin her electricity stinging him. when she tried again, he caught her wrist and twisted her arms around her back creating ice cuffs. Cadet Ayla tried to fry him as he held her arms but he has created a thin layer of ice that coated his already cold hands to protect him enough till she was cuffed.

Cadet Bogdan appeared again rushing Cadet Vi who shrunk down to microscopic size. Hiding in his ear Cadet Vi waited for him to pick his next target as he couldn’t figure out where she had gone. Instantly he ran and was gone and with him Cadet Vi. The world looked as if it was in slow motion and people were frozen in time. certain people were 100 % frozen while others were in slow motion the background was completely blurred.

“I’ve never experienced being on a speedster like this…” Cadet Vi thought to herself. She felt slightly nauseous while being on him and chose to make her move dancing on his ear drum causing him to experience vertigo. Suddenly the world unfroze and Cadet Bogdan dropped to the ground appearing from thin air. No energy signature resonating from him or anything like it did with XS, Cadet Vi noticed. She couldn’t shake the feeling of how weird she felt while there. As he Cadet Bogdan cradled his head she grew in size to her normal height; Cadet Vi stood for a moment unmoving she thought she had been caught in a stasis field but she hadn’t and stood still for a moment unmoving. When she when to take a step she had actually been transported by Gates to be in front of Cadet Jazmin who landed a punch into her shoulder. Unfortunately Gates also landed her in front of Cadet Berta who when she got hit by Cadet Jazmin it made her fall back into Cadet Berta and knocked her out.

As Cadet Bannin looked around he saw that Gates and he were still standing. Cadet Berta was unconscious and Cadet Bogdan was still cradling his head. Cadet Cullen was maintaining his stasis field around Cadet’s Nolan, Ayla had joined him after he had caught her. That only left one teammate left. The telepath…Cadet Ardeen.
Imra stood ready waiting for them. She knew that they thought she was weak and outnumbered. She knew she had to strike hard and fast before they could overwhelm her physically. Cadet Bogdan was first as he was the closest to her. His mind was slippery and harder to grasp than she thought it would be. But the little resistance she felt soon faded and she pushed him to be unconscious. As she calmly walked across the court to Cadets Gates and Bannin her eyes glowing bright pink as her psychic energy swirled about her entire body.

“We can do this!” Cadet Bannin assured Cadet Gates. He fired streams of ice around Cadet Ardeen to get her to stop. But she didn’t stop. What Cadet Bannin didn’t realize was she was influencing his shots; making him miss her on purpose.

Cadet Gates ported out and tried to catch her by surprise a move she was very familiar with and she had trained her Gates not to repeat too often as he had done in this battle. Grabbing his claw as he ported through ready to chop her on the neck Cadet Ardeen connected with Gates and sent a psi-blast at him causing him to fall to ground.

“chikk…chilkill..chii..” Cadet Gates chattered as he lied there shivering.

Cadet Ardeen new he’s be fine in a few moments. She sent a psi-blast to his pleasure center and caused him to go into over stimulation. Returning her attention to Cadet Bannin and Cadet Cullen who had joined his teammate waited for her to continue towards them. But she stopped moving her eyes glowing brighter than ever before. Collecting her psychic energy to blast the two of them. At the same moment she fired and reached out and touched their minds the two fired on her but instead of hitting her, the quantum stasis field hit the ice freezing it in mid air. But fell to the ground instantly as both cadets were now unconscious and the match was over.

Cadet Ardeen’s eyes slowly returned to their bright blue color as she powered down. She was grateful to finally have this scrimmage over with. Even though she hadn’t been fighting log she was tired after the last few days they’ve had and was ready to settle in.

“Great job Cadet Ardeen!” Captain Allon boomed over the p.a. system as he floated down to them.

“That was a great display and the amount of psychic feedback you were creating was impressive and you’ve got some very nice skills from what I can read of Gates chart and where you stimulated.” Captain Allon’s smile was wide as he congratulated her. She could sense how proud he was. She could also sense he was curious as to what Cadet Gates would find so pleasurable to go into that state.

“Thank you.”

“That’s 9 to 8 with squad one winning. Great job everyone! Med bots had begun going around revenging everyone and running bio scans as they were the last two squads out on the courts.

“You’ve all got great potential and team working skills and I have a feeling many of you will be making the special unit in no time. but now I think you should all retire to your suits and rest. You’ve got the rest of the day to yourselves to get acquainted with the academy and grab food. Since there are so many we’ve proved several different times throughout the day that everyone can grab a meal. I encourage you all to do this to get to know some of your fellow cadets. Again great job everyone and I’ll see you all bright and early for your first day of training.” Captain Allon beamed as he instructed the cadets before leaving on his hover pad with the other Science Police officers.

The cadets looked around and the drones will still fixing many of the other courts. Cadet Ardeen realized theirs had the least amount of damage but their battle had lasted the longest compared to any other squad. She looked around at her friends and these doppelgangers of people she knew and she knew this was going to be the special unit. Imra smiled to herself.

“What’s the smile for?” Garth asked as he rose to meet her.

“Nothing. Just feeling really good. that’s all.” she said still smiling as she took his hand and they walked back up to the 69 foot tower.

Last edited by Omni; 01/28/15 03:47 PM.

Omni #837035 01/28/15 07:15 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Nice work Omni! although - and I may be wrong - but did you miss posting a part? from last part I think it was still Lu, Ayla, Garth, Jo and Andy in the game. Now we start with Vi and Jaz and Imra in play.

Omni #837076 01/28/15 03:50 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
no you were right. it got cut in mid transfer. the missing section has been added. thanks IB.

Re: PZH update 12/17/14 -Domains
Omni #837121 01/29/15 12:25 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Wow what a great piece Omni, great tactics all around, loved seeing VI shrinking onto Turtle, Jazmin figuring out how to free Jed, Imra coolly and calmly ending the fight, Ayla having her teammate's backs, same for Brek and Gates. Loved Gim's thoughts as he evaluated the team's performance. This is going to be an exciting special unit indeed!

Re: PZH update 2/4/15 Somtime with Captain Allon.
Omni #837773 02/04/15 05:56 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Captain Allon's suite.

The cadets all went back to their suits to rest, clean up and relax. The Science Police who had helped with the judging and analytical side of the scrimmages had all turned in their reports and had left for the day. There was only a hand full of the dozen or so officers who were actually stationed at Montauk Point. Captain Allon flew up the side of the building the high winds coming off the bay tussling his hair about. Going as fast as he could straight up on the Grav-pad, as if he were flying without it. Keeping his eyes open the whole time. he loved the thrill. Finally reaching the top floor where his office was Captain Allon landed on the balcony of his privet quarters. Walking into the main room the lights automatically turned on as he took a step down on to the floor. This area was his office and sitting lounge. His desk hovered next to the balcony entry way on that lower step. Captain Allon made his way behind the floating semi-circle and sat down.

“Computer open holo files for all cadets. Then pair up their files with the reports from the scrimmages.” Captain Allon instructed. The top of his desk lit up as a large holo screen the size of the entire desk came to life.

As the computer did all the calculations and reorganizing of the files and making them neater extrapolating notes made by officers about certain cadets that held potential Captain Allon made his way across the room to his commissary. Grabbing an apple, and a hot mug of Craggian triple caffeinated coffee Captain Allon prepared himself for a long day and night of reading.

“Computer, beginning recording.”

“Recording begun” rang a melodic voice.

“Captain Gim Allon’s log. United Planets Earth date 4.24. 3014.12 hundred hours standard time. Induction day. All the cadets have arrived and have been outfitted with suites, roommates, standard Omnicom’s, and have finished their first training scrimmages. Squad one and Squad 34, which I was the judge of, proved to have great potential. Squad one especially, which consists of half of the travelers that were captured two days ago for unregistered power display and evading arrest. They said they came here to join the cadet program and our special unit. But I’m skeptical of this. Still they have shown great skill in teamwork and their power sets.” Captain Allon spoke as he washed his apple and cut it into slices. He added some peanut butter to each one.

“Squad 34 on the other hand lacked control of their powers in some cases such as Cadet’s Inferno and Kohan. Although to be fair Cadet Inferno’s was brought on by a traumatic reason from her past it seems. This particular squad also lacked in teamwork and leadership. Cadet Candi isn’t a very effective leader; but a power house to be reckoned with, while others such as Cadet Gates and Cadet Bannin who each showed great leadership skills. Cadet Gates teamwork skills were impressive. Even though….” Captain Allon cleaned up and made his way to the desk

“ Computer, open file on Cadet Gates.” He instructed as he sat down placing the plate of apples down on the desk which instantly created a coaster for the plate and mug.

“Even though his file says that he’s a…socialist whose views of our unit is quote “a training squad for death’s imperial hand to strike those who fall out of line.” End quote. His teamwork is on par with squad one and I could potentially see him being fast tracked along with them. Out of the 340 cadets currently enrolled in the program these are the top 20 candidates I predict to make the special unit. My initial plans for the squad is to have somewhere around 30 members. This squad is meant to be a large unit and my hopes are that it will become an even larger unit with stations across the U.P.

My superiors have think that is a bit ambitious and as I do have high hopes for this unit, I know the threats that await them. More specifically Mordru. There have been rumors for months now that Mordru is planning to expand his empire. Despite the 20 years of relative peace between his empire and the United Planets since his reemergence in the 30th century. When he first appeared he took a few worlds by force but those weren’t U.P. worlds…” Captain Allon looks out to the sunny day and thinks of the world only known as “The Dead World.” Mordru’s first conquest and first to die to revive the dying sorcerer’s body and powers.

“Ah..there are histories, myths, and legends about Mordru’s kingdom telling the exact number of worlds it encompassed and influenced. Several of those worlds were U.P. members who have since returned to his “protection”. He’s agreed to not claim any more worlds by force. But intimidation is forceful enough with Mordru. I’ve read many of the accounts from most of the U.P. worlds and many of the historical accounts of Mordru’s appearance here on earth. I feel this special unit is the most essential way to combat him. a special unit composed of those with various abilities and talents. Much like the heroes of the early 20th and 21st centuries, who faced off against him numerous times and were able to keep him at bay. It’s only a matter of time before he tries to conquer the rest of the galaxy and we need to be ready. Even though this training facility is being kept under wraps at this point to the general public and many government officials.” Captain Allon’s voice tinged with slight resentment as he stopped to eat a few slices of apples.

He didn’t want to hide this squad. He didn’t think there was a need to. People shouldn’t be so afraid of people with powers he thought to himself. Even though he didn’t have any powers of his own he respected those that did and those that chose to use them in the service of what was right. Captain Allon scrolled through cadet profiles and the stats of some the ones he liked or intrigued him.

“Computer…display holo battle of squad 15 and 12.”

Instantly a ball of light lowered from the ceiling and hovered in the center of the room, which was the step down from the desk. The ball of light expanded instantly and began displaying the entire battle. Captain Allon watched intently as he pulled up the stats of the two squads.

“Computer freeze frame and focus in on the creature known as Validus.”

The hulking purple behemoth stood before the captain in mid roar. His giant brain charging with pink lighting.

“This creature was found in the company of one of the most notorious hackers and thieves in the U.P. he calls himself Tharok. Only 18 and he’s already hacked his way into 6 different fortune 500 trillion companies, as well as robbed four different U.P. freight ships all out fitted with technology from Brande, McCauley, and various other technology industries, and that’s just the tip of his rap sheet. As much as I hate that we had to do this but we offered him a deal. Join the cadet program and well lessen his sentence. And if he makes the squad, that’s his sentence, Community service.” Captain Allon said as he stood and came around to the other side of the desk and looked at Tharok’s entry profile picture displayed just above his holo image in battle beside the beast Validus. Tharok’s smug smile and long brown hair falling over the left side of his face.

Captain Allon watched the footage a couple times of this one moment. Tharok is unharmed and standing beside the beast that’s protecting him.

“How are you controlling him?…There’s no devices on the beast or him that connect the two. No feed back or energy signatures of any kind on telepathy wave lengths of any kind. There has to be a reason why Validus protects you and follows your instructions…” Captain Allon trailed off continuing to watch the holo footage.

In the footage Tharok finally makes a move taking the lead and taking on another cadet in hand to hand combat. Before falling back and letting Validus zap them. Captain Allon’s stomach turned watching the footage of Tharok fighting. He hated the idea of having to extend a pardon to this criminal but as his superiors pointed out his skills could be invaluable to us in fighting Mordru or whatever else this unit might face. Captain Allon would never say it out loud but he felt like some of his superiors had other ideas for this special unit than his own. But till he could prove it he had to accept their commands. Taking notes on the battle himself that his fellow officers missed.

“Computer freeze frame.” Captain Allon stood and moved towards the holo image.

“Computer open Cadet file Tharok and display physical abilities. Then cross reference them and identify them within the footage of the battle between Squads 15 and 12.”

“Yes Captain. Captain there is an incoming call from Metropolis General Hospital.”

“Thank you computer. Please open the vid screen and ceases recording Captain’s Log Gim Allon.” Captain Allon said sitting back behind his desk and turned his chair towards the wall. Sliding up from behind a panel in the wall. Captain Allon knew it was one of two people or both of them. When the screen came to life he saw the familiar red mop of hair instantly.

“Shvaughn! It’s good to see you up and about.” Captain Allon’s smile was broad as he leaned back in his floating chair.

“Ha thanks Captain. I don’t know about up and around. I’m still in my hospital bed. But I wanted to check in and see how the first day went.”

“It was great. But first care to give me an update?”

“Of course. Both of us will be joining you out there in a week. We both had concussions. I had a broken leg and Gigi’s shoulder was separated. The thermal healing tanks should have us both healed fine though. Most of its just rest and relaxation for precaution. So I’ll be enjoying a nice vacation.” Erin’s smile broadened.

“That’s great! I’m glad you weren’t hurt too badly. Although according to the report I read the attack and angel you two shouldn’t have made it out of that car.” Captain Allon sat forward.

“Someone rescued us. I know that much. I didn’t see who and neither did Gigi. But she mumbled something about seeing someone recue us. Strong and almost wolf like.”

“I wonder if that was any one of those travelers that didn’t get captured before they registered.” Captain Allon’s curiosity was peeked.

“Maybe. Did they all show up?”: Officer Erin’s curiosity was peeked now as well.

“Yes and No. out of the 25 that we have footage of taking on the drones and of all the ones who officially registered only ten of them showed up to be cadets. Also two of them we saw footage of a flying creature in armor,. Who seemed to be leading them initially has disappeared and the other was a strong male with sharp claws whom I thinking is your rescuer didn’t register. Two of them are off to Colu as we speak.

“That leaves ten unaccounted for.”

“Nine actually. One of them is registered and in the hospital recuperating after exertion.” Captain Allon informed her.

“They’ve seem to want a quieter life now, instead of being a cadet. I’m sure it has to do with the Damaxian not being admitted.”

“This is a shame. I honestly liked him the most of all of them. He had a real grace about him that was both caring but commanding of respect. Not to mention his power levels were off the chart.”

“ I know. But there’s quarantine in place and a ban on Earth. We had to follow the rules.” Captain Allon said his gaze lower before turning to grab his coffee.

“So how were the scrimmages?” I’m actually reviewing them now. Aside from squad’s 1 and 34 which I judged and monitored myself.”

“Let me guess squad number one would be the “Legion of Traveler’s” as they referred to themselves as.”

“You are correct my good woman and they performed just as well with live people as they did with drones. They actually surpassed my expectations not only in their teamwork but in their ability to clean up their own messes.”

“How so…?” Officer Erin raised a thin red eyebrow.

“Well…between a fear induced Inferno to a phased being merged with a quantum field and being rescued I’d say it’s hard to tell you exactly how. Read the report and watch the footage on your vacation and you’ll see. They will get you rallied around them too.”
“Will do Captain. How’s the problem child of our new brood of cadets?” Officer Erin was never one to mince words and she wanted to make sure that Tharok was keeping in line.

“I was just reviewing his scrimmage match now. He’s rather impressive all around. But I’m wondering how much of it is really him and if there’s a way to get him and Validus separated.”

“There has to be away. Are there any other Cadets that catch your eye?”

“Haha I’ve barely begun. My match just ended. Those two teams were very well matched and didn’t take each other so quickly like the other squads.” Captain Allon smiled again from ear to ear.

“Then I’ll let you get back to work Captain. I’ll send my thoughts of the scrimmages in a day or so.”

“Thank you Shvaughn for dedication but please do rest and recoup before doing that and pass that along to Officer Cuzmon as well and that’s an order.” Captain Allon smile with a wink before signing off.

“And back to work. Computer resume recording Captain’s long…So who’s next?” Captain Allon turned around in his chair and slide his hand over the glowing desk top with a quick motion. The holo screen floating above the desk on the left with a list of all the cadets names spun to life as it began a random search.

“Hmm…you look rather interesting.” Captain Allon leaned forward and looking at the file the random search had landed on. Starting at him was a bubbly looking girl who was a literal black blob of humanoid ink. Then just below her was a cadet whose body was composed entirely of rock…maybe there are more candidates that need another look.” Captain Allon sat forward looking at the computer reading the files and starting new footage.

Last edited by Omni; 02/04/15 05:57 PM.

Omni #837810 02/05/15 11:07 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Hey Omni, love your work!

The two teams battling it out was fun, especially Vi and Imra's parts, especially liked Gates teleporting Vi to get smacked by Jaz, that made me laugh. Jaz and James fixing Jed was cleverly done too.

Captain Allon's introspection as he considered the team's was well written too, though the introduction of Tharock and Validus is bound to lead to trouble.... Fab! Also nice nod to the other members of the team that aren't currently cadets.

If there's one thing I've noticed it's your posts are getting longer and longer and hope you don't mind me asking but as I usually only have the time to read bits on my phone it makes it difficult for me to find my place if I need to stop I wondered if you could break up your posts into shorter snippets.... Okay big ask, but had to do it. Hope you don't mind, I know how important pacing can be.

Anyway, can't waIt to see where you take the team next. more, more, more!

Omni #838091 02/07/15 07:06 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Bubbly girl made of INK! And a rock being! Very cool!

I'm sorry, I thought I had posted my thoughts before - I read the end of your battle and really loved it, as always good parts for everyone. Jaz figuring out how to free Jed was astounding, as was Imra mopping up - that is SO Saturn Girl. Vi's ingenious tactics taking out Turtle were great too, as was Garth's use of his transmutation.

Nightwind and Turtle both had great bits as well.

And the snippets on Mordru, Tharok and Validus framed by Gim's thoughts, his conversation with Shvaughn, and references to the missing Shikari and Timber Wolf was excellently done as well! Looking forward to more!

Omni #838403 02/09/15 05:46 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Hey IB and Harbinger! thank you so much for continuing to read and i'm glad you're enjoying what's come so far. I've got plenty more to keep these guys buys.

Harbinger i'll do my best. but i can't promise. These ones were especially long because I wanted to keep them together and finish off this section.

Tharok and Validus will be bringing some trouble that's for sure.

Thank you so much for the compliments on my tactics and power usage. I've been having fun with these battles and there are so any more cadets that we'll be seeing our Legionnaires interacting with. Gim sure has his work cut out for him.

Omni #838410 02/09/15 05:56 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
I am eagerly looking forward to more cadets!

Re: PZH update 2/25/15 Deep Space en route to Colu.
Omni #840660 02/25/15 08:49 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Deep Space en route to Colu.

Brainy stared out at the starry sky. It was nice to see the galaxy shining away after being in the void. But even amongst the numerous stars and planets Brainy couldn’t help but feel a little lonely and longed for his teammates; specifically Lyle. Brainy looked at his refection and the reflection of the room around him. It was so lavish in comparison to the Colu he remembered. The red drapes that hung around every window of the observation deck. Large plush bean bag chairs with gold trim. Hover chairs and tables also in hues of red and gold’s. While there were also plants randomly placed about, different types of ferns and hibiscus planets from of Harjo and Lupra respectively. The plants from Lupra showcase their every changing hue through its fauna. Brainy thought they were rather beautiful to be mixed in as a nice contrast to all the gold and reds.

Representative Gux had appeared behind Brainy thinking he had caught him by surprise.

“Representative Gux, it’s good to see you again.”

“You as well and I hope your accommodations for you and your guest have been met to your needs.” Representative Gux says his long glum face scowling towards Brainy.

Brainy turned to face him.

“Yes. They are most adequate Representative Gux. I do love the décor you’ve chosen for this observation deck is very plush.” Brainy said. He used the nicest word he could think of even though his own personal taste and memories of Colu would find this place to be garish and tacky.

“Ahhh yes. This is the remnants of a trade and diplomatic mission to Baaldur.” With a press of a button on his wristlet the entire observation deck changed. The drapes that were velvety and deep velvet red changed to white smooth plain drapes. While the beanbags dissolved into the floor and all the floating couches, chairs and tables blinked from their deep reds and gold to stark white. The planets anti-grav pots moved themselves to different spots becoming much more orderly mainly lining the outside perimeter of the room.

“Impressive. I see you’ve not only changed the colors and textures of the furniture but you’ve rearranged and illuminated many of its components.” Brainy thought it would be nice to compliment the technology. Even though it served a purpose it wasn’t as functional as Representative Gux would make it seem. He noticed as it changed the holo-matrix was out of alignment and the dissolving beanbags left both a smell and a slight residue on the floor. But since his upgrade he’s been much more aware of having to engage in niceties and “play the game” and even though he’s emotional growth has been an asset there are times Brainy found himself wanting to be the insulting genius who could insult and not think otherwise and Representative Gux brought that side out in him.

“Thank you Brainiac 5. Where is your companion?” Representative Gux

“She’s taking a nap. She’s had a rough few days and as this trip will take a day or so from our current location I suggested she sleep now.”

“I see. Well I hope her condition stabilizes and she gets the proper rest and nourishment she needs. If there’s anything I can do. Please let me know.”

“Of course Representative Gux.”

“Is there anything you need or require?”

“Yes, I’ve read that Colu was instrumental in helping to design the nannite technology the U.P. uses to register its citizens. I was wondering if you could give me any and all information on the project.” Brainy figured he’d be polite and ask for the information before hacking their system and taking it.

“Of course Brainiac 5. Although I should inform you that the registration act is not strictly enforced on Colu.”

“It’s not?”

“No. We abide by the U.P. laws and we helped to design the prototypes for the nannites. But we, instead of having nannite injections like everyone else; developed a signal broadcaster that gives the same information without having to have the nannites.”

“Why didn’t you make that a viable option for everyone?”

“Because the U.P. wanted to control its citizens not just register them as I’m sure you’re quite aware of, since you and your companion both have been injected with them. As it was detailed in your release to us.”

“How does the U.P. not know that Colu doesn’t have them? I’m sure they would notice an entire world not implemented with them.”

“The signal broadcaster mimics everything of the nannites but we also used the physical nannites. Making a bracelet out of them that gives the illusion that we have them when were scanned and it’s where the signal is broadcast from.”

“A very intelligent design idea. I must ask then is there away to remove the nannites from someone’s system?”

“Yes. We can deactivate them and then take them from your system. We will then take them and use them to create your bracelet. It will actually make the modifying the signal from them even easier since they’ve been inside you already.”

“I’m more than capable of extracting and deactivating them myself. If you could give me the means and information to do so that would be greatly appreciated.” Brainy said his hand instantly reaching for his Omnicom and began working.

“I’m afraid I can’t do that. Because of the severity of the penalty for going against U.P. Law we can’t allow you or your companion in on the process.” Representative Gux simply smiled as he said this.

“But we’ll be more than willing to do this for you.”

“And Laurel.”

“I’m afraid we can’t extend that offer to her. If it were to get out that Coluians have a way to get rid of that cursed registration system and replace it with a system that allows free will, first off if the U.P ever allowed such a system there would be huge demand and secondly the United Planets would never allow that; so clearly if that were to be exposed the U.P would cause problems for Colu.”

“I understand Representative Gux and thank you for the offer. But I think for the time being I’ll keep the nannites.” Brainy smiled thinly and turned his attention to his Omnicom and begins to absorb himself in research to find out how they do it.

“Of course. I’ll leave you. But if you change your mind or need anything else please don’t hesitate to ask.” Representative Gux said as he turned and walked away.

“This will prove troublesome for the time being. I can’t hack the systems and information just yet. They will know it was me. Besides I need to take into account their security systems surrounding it, since it’s clear they have gone to extra lengths to safe guard it. But currently Laurel’s nannites are stabilized.” Brainy thought to himself as he checked in on Laurel’s nannites through his Omnicom.

Last edited by Omni; 02/25/15 08:50 PM.

Omni #840661 02/25/15 08:51 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Meanwhile several decks below Laurel lay in her quarters. Restless Laurel lay in her bed trying to sleep. But she couldn’t help but check in on Brainy. She knew that even though they weren’t romantically involved as she hoped, they were all they had out here.

Brainy’s heart beat was steady up until Representative Gux said that I wasn’t allowed to have the nannite removal and signal broadcasting system. Even though it was only for a moment and it was only one tenth of its normal rate, which Laurel learned long ago after he saved her life with his lead serum. If it wasn’t for him, she wouldn’t be here and that day she made a promise to herself that as long as she was around him she’d protect him and here they were today light years from that moment and that promise and she was still keeping it. That put a small smile on Laurel’s face.

Once the conversation had ended she continued to do a super hearing sweep of the ship. She figured it might help her sleep to know the sounds of the “world” around her. The engine hummed the rhythm it had since they left Earth. But she could hear the rhythm increasing a bit. She knew that meant they were getting ready to go to warp soon before entering the stargate to Colu. On various levels she heard drones caring out daily tasks and the engineering staff and commissaries were all up and running, bustling with people. The sound of someone walking very quickly down a corridor on deck 7 caught her attention.

“Hmmm…” Laurel sat up and concentrated a bit harder. The steps went from a brisk walk to almost sprinting.

As she listened to the steps and how they fell she realized it was Representative Gux.

“Why is he is such a rush?” Laurel thought to herself. Fully sitting up her blond hair fell around her shoulders.

Omni #840662 02/25/15 08:51 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Representative Gux rushed to his office. His pace was as quick as his thin legs could carry him. Once inside his office Representative Gux sat at his desk. It came to life instantly lighting up with a large holo screen appearing before him.

“Computer please put me in touch with High Council member Hohx.”

The screen pulsed with a light green light with the words “contacting” appearing on the holo screen.

“Hmmm….Representative….Gux… is that you?” High Council member Hohx squinted at the screen.

“Why are you waking me from the sleepnet? You could have linked with me there. Whaaaaahh.” High Council member Hohx yawed as he put on his glasses and pulled back his brown hair. He rubbed his chubby cheeks to try and wake himself up a bit more. His dark green completion reddened a little.

“I couldn’t share this over the sleepnet. The freak might hear us.”

“The freak? I’m assuming your referring to the supposed heir to the Brainiac line?” High Council Member Hohx straightened up, his eyes still dazed with the haze of sleep.

“Yes sir. He claims to be Brainiac 5…I’m not exactly sure who he is but his bio scans confirm that he is the biological son of Brainiac 4, which means she had a child in secret or somehow cloned herself.” Representative Gux

“Considering the fact that we have recently lost Brainiac 4, it’s a gift that we’ve found this one.”

“But sir he’s much more insubordinate in nature than the previous Brainiac and much more curious. He made arrangements for a companion to join him without checking with me. He has already sent me three messages in the time since I left him; which was exactly 2 minutes and 4 seconds ago.”

“Beep! Beep! Incoming message from Brainiac 5.” The ships computer interrupted.

“Make that four.” Representative Gux lips pursed instantly and rolled his eyes.

“That is his job and yours I might add. Just as it’s the Dox family’s duties to serve Colu in atonement, it is the Gux family’s responsibilities to watch over them and be their superior.” High Council Member Hohx said firmly,

“But I’ve been elected the United Planets Representative. I can’t possibly take on both.”

“Then you will simply be demoted and your opponent will take your place.” High Council Member Hohx said dryly.

“No…No sir. I can handle both. I just was worried. He’s very clever and I think we need to check the security on the N.S.B. he’s taken an interest it as he wants to perform the procedure on himself” Representative Gux hesitated.

“And his companion.”

“That’s not possible. Simply explain that to him and he will have to accept that.” High Council Member Hohx’s eyes widened with fear and anger that this conversation was even had with the new Coluian.

“I did sir. But from what I’ve seen of him thus far, he’s driven like his mother but as I said much less controllable.”

“Well he has the nannites in his system correct?” High Council Member Hohx asked.

“Yes sir.”

“Then once you’ve reached Colu activate the control unit the United Planets left here. As him and his companion are the only ones who will be affected and it won’t interfere with our signal broadcast you can’t control them.”

“Of course. Thank High Council Member…”

“Just make sure it is done.” High Council Member Hohx cut off Representative Gux and with that signed off.

Representative Gux leaned back in his seat and breathed a sigh of relief and terror. He just needed to get through the voyage to Colu.

Omni #840663 02/25/15 08:52 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Laurel’s super hearing switched off retreating back from Representative Gux’s office and sweeping through the decks back to her. Her blue eyes widened. But she dare not fly off to warn Brainy. That would seem too suspicious. Concentrating hard she tapped into the telepathic ear plug that was still in her ear.

“BRAINY!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
“Ouch! There’s no need to shout Laurel. Even without Imra or Sensor’s telepathy the telepathic ear plugs still work perfectly the same.” Brainy shook his head gently as he thought back to her.

“Sorry Brainy, but this is important. You need to figure out how to get the nannites out of our systems immediately.”

“Why? This Colu has away to remove them once we get there and they have a broadcast system that I will have to highjack as it’s highly illegal.”

“Querl I know all about that. But what you don’t know is that Representative Gux plans to use the nannites our systems to control the two of us…more specifically you. He’s not happy about my being here and that you arranged it without his say so. He sees that as insubordination. Also are the Gux’s responsible for your family line?”

“I that’s the name of the person I remember dealing with the most from the High Council but not very sure he was responsible for my family line.”

“Well here he is and he was recently made the Colu’s U.P. representative and doesn’t feel very confident he can handle you without the help of the nannites. Once we reach Colu he’s going to turn on a planetary control unit. You need to find away to get rid of them or make impervious to outside control.”

“Are you certain of this Laurel?” Brainy cautioned before we went with any of the seven different scenarios he’d come up with.

“Yes. Brainy I heard the entire conversation between him and High Council Member Hohx. Representative Gux mentioned that they needed to beef up their security, try now to find what you can. I’m going to return to monitoring Representative Gux.

“Please do but also get some rest as well. I’ll have a solution soon.” Brainy was determined to figure out how to crash the nannites and remove them before they reach Colu.

Omni #840687 02/26/15 07:17 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Fun times for Querl and Laurel ahead! Loved Brainy trying hard not to be rude while offending Gux without realising it. Poor Brainy just doesnt quite understand does he? Laurel's concern is touching too, good use of her stealthier abilities, it's good to see Daxamites that don't just smash things up. Looking forward to more, more, more!

Omni #840965 02/28/15 04:42 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Thanks Harbinger! No, i think for all his intellect, social skills will forever be lost on him.

Thank you! I agree, Daxamites need to be shown as more and i'm sure Laurel's got some stealthy work ahead of her. smile

Omni #841113 03/01/15 05:50 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Well, Well, Well! The nanites are turning out to be much more sinister than I thought! The dynamics between Brainy and Gux were fun to read. I look forward to seeing how the Legion will change this version of the UP for the better.

Re: PZH update 3/4/15 From Captain Allon's desk 2
Omni #841490 03/04/15 07:23 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Montauk Point, Metropolis Earth - United Planets Special Unit training academy.

Captain Allon’s suit.

Captain Allon rubbed his eyes as he sat behind his desk looking at the holo screen.

“I thought these holo-screens were supposed to help make your eyes hurt less.” Captain Allon leaned back. He’d been at this for hours and he was still nowhere near done.

He’d looked through most of the cadets personal files, and those he found of interest watched their battles. The computer was still sorting, filing and calculating percentages on errors, strength output, and how long their meters lasted for. Captain Allon was incredibly thankful for the academy’s A.I. and computer systems at this moment. He remembered the filing of new cadets at his old post on Mars. The A.I. ‘s was nowhere near as efficient as this one.

“Computer, bring up files for cadets Jeem Rehtu, Jenni Ognats, and Rol Purtha.” Captain Allon stood up and made his way over to a floating white chair across from his desk.

“Yes Captain. Would you like me to pull up their scrimmages as well?” The melodic voice of the A.I. system chimed anticipating at this point what Captain Allon would like to look at while looking at their files.

“Yes. Thank you.”

“Captain you have previously viewed a battle of Cadet Ognats. Would you like me to pull up that battle as well as a new one?”

“Yes. Computer which battle was it that I previously viewed?” Captain Allon realized how much they all were starting to blend together.

“It might be time for a break after these three…” Captain Allon thought to himself.

“The previously viewed battle was between Cadet Orgnats and Cadet Evening.”

“I’m sorry computer refresh my memory what is each Cadet’s power set?”

“Cadet Orgnats is capable of running at super speeds, “to which we have yet to define. So far she has been shown capable of breaking the sound barrier and able to run on water.” According to the report filed by the training facility she came from after the emergence of her powers and Cadet Evening can transform herself into a blob of ink…I’m sorry Captain let me stand corrected as new information has become available. It seems she is actually a living being of ink, who’s capable of shaping herself into a humanoid shape and able to transform herself into a human.”

“She’s able to become human, but is normally a blob of ink…?” Captain Allon scratched his head.

“Is there a display of this computer?”

“Yes Captain. This is footage from her initial power test upon acceptance.”

The holo- screen came to like with a blob of ink slinking across the floor before springing up into standing humanoid form. Her black inky hair standing straight up swirling at the tips and her eyes and mouth were just spaces of white. But nothing menacing about them was present. The Cadet Evening closed her eyes and slowly her inky hair changed. The black hue lifted still finally it was a bright sunny blond and the ink itself softened still standing straight up till finally it fell and beneath the lovely locks an apple cheeked and crystal blue eyed girl stood before him. Captain Allon rubbed his eyes in disbelief.

“Computer that girl and the ink creature are one in the same?”

“Yes Captain.”

“What planet does she come from?”

“She comes from the planet Myar.”

“The Alchemist planet?” But I thought that was in Mordru’s territory?” Captain Allon’s entire body tensed.

“Yes Captain. You are correct Myar does currently reside in Mordru’s territory. But Cadet Evening and her family fled before the takeover was cemented.”

“Is this an ability shared by anyone else on her world or her family?” Captain Allon’s nerves subsiding, as he didn’t want an interstellar political incident even before they started to end it all. But now his curiosity about the young cadet took over.

“She is a mutant sir. Neither of her parents possesses any powers. But a meta-gene was identified on her father’s side.”

The computer displaced a picture of Cadet Evening smiling in her ink humanoid shape with her parents who were doing the same.

“Sentient beings of ink. Now I’ve seen everything.”

“Would you like me to continue to run the battle scrimmage between Cadets Orgnats and Evening?”

“Yes.” Captain Allon leaned forward and studied the holo’s. Ink was impressive. He remembered this battle now. He thought both were very good. Cadet Orgnats was a bit too timid at times and hesitated at key moments to take down Cadet Evening. Cadet Evening however does need to get a bit more inventive with power use he noted. She her favorite this to do was trip them up in the ink and then cling on to them. As great as it was to get that physical with your opponent at times it can also hindering.

Cadet Orgnats zipped around Cadet Evening so fast and made a wind current to throw her out of the court.

“Hah!” Captain Allon couldn’t help but laugh.
Watching Cadet Evening’s blobby face scream was hilarious.

Last edited by Omni; 03/04/15 07:24 PM.

Re: PZH update 3/4/15 From Captain Allon's desk 2
Omni #841491 03/04/15 07:26 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
“Is there anything else you’d like to see from these cadets?”

“No thank you computer. Please bring up the remaining two I asked for.”

The holo screen shimmered and instantly the files of Cadet’s Jeem Rehtu and Rol Purtha were displayed and their profile pictures before him along with a full body holo spinning slowly.

“What do we have here… a Naltorian prophet and…a hallucinogen from Preztor.

“Computer, how accurate was Cadet Purtha’s predictions of today’s scrimmages?”

“Cadet Purtha’s predictions were 82% accurate. Those that proved to be the most accurate were those involving himself and those of squads one and 34.”

“Interesting. He had squad one winning…and he predicted Cadet Inferno’s melt down, Cadet Kohan’s crystallization of Cadet Wazzo Nah, and the quantum bubble conundrum the two Cadet Cullen’s fixed.” The list of the predictions ran next to his profile picture.

“Computer did cadet Purtha say anything more or specific about squad one? Did he have any insights into them?”

“No. the only other comments were they would win the day and that they would forge a new light as a beacon of hope. I’m not sure how to interoperate that last part Captain.”

“Thank you Computer. I’ll give it some thought.” Captain Allon hoped and even used it as his own affirmation that they were meant to be his special unit and that this special unit really would be.

“Please display cadet Purtha’s scrimmages. “

The holo screen shifted focus from cadet Purtha’s file and to his scrimmages. Showing the toned sliver haired and cherub faced boy evading swing after swing from a swift moving bird like creature’s talons.

“Very nice moves. He’s got good evasive skills, seems to have studied some form of martial arts.”

“Captain I don’t mean to correct you again. But it’s not a martial art at all. I have analyzed his movements and matched them to every known form of fighting we have on record and he matches none of them. His moments are purely reactionary due to his precognitive abilities. I’ve also taken the liberty to show his brainwaves of when he receives a premonition and scanned the vitals from his meter. Each evasion spiked his brainwaves to match those of when he is having a premonition.”

“Then the first think I want you to do for this cadet is to enroll him in a combat training class.” Captain Allon looked at the screen and saw the young boys face. How could he have not seen the fright before?

“Make it two of them. If he has no fighting skills and what he’s showcasing is just premonitions, then he needs to know how to fight and not rely on his powers. “Captain Allon stood and stretched before going into his private bedroom and changing into some workout clothes.

“And last but not least Jeem Rehtu. This one seems to be a bit older than some of the other cadets…he’s 22 and seems to be a bit of a survivor.” Captain Allon said as he returned to the main room. Cadet Rehtu’s profile and up.

“Preztor was recently freed from Dominion rule and welcomed into the U.P. and it seems this young man was a survivor of their experiments it seems.”

“Yes Captain. But his powers do not come from their experimentation.”

“Yes, thank you computer I see that. His ability is innate after his family spent generations being exposed to the Syprus plant, which helps with P.V.R.A.D. (post virtual reality adjustment disorder). “Captain Allon read the file as he stretched.

“Yes making him immune to hallucinogens and allows him to cause hallucinations in others around him through touch.” The computer toned.

“I see that’s the main reason why Cadet Purtha evades his touch now. Even on the sidelines .”

Cadet Rehtu’s glowing orange eyes stared at him penetrating Captain Allon’s mind. Even though he was only 22 he looked like he’s been through hell. His sandy blond hair fell into his mauve face slightly. While his slim mouth stayed straight and unmoving, combined with his deadly glowing stare there were no hints at smiles or any real emotion.

“He was enslaved and made to be their “guard dog” on Preztor, using his ability to help defeat rebel factions and he was obviously tortured. How did he come to be here?”

“After serving as a “guard dog” as you said, he felt restless and unwanted among his people as he did help round them up for the Dominion and volunteered for our program. He was actually our earliest cadet.” The computer informed Captain Allon.

“Well he seems much more seasoned than some of the others. He’s quick.

“His hallucinatory touch is almost instantaneous.”

Cadet Rehtu ran quickly touching many of his opponents and within a minute they all were on the ground seeing visions.

“Can Cadet Rehtu control what he’s opponents hallucinate?”
“Yes Captain. He’s capable of creating a limited mental link between himself and his targets. But he admits it is easier to let their minds do the work for him.”

“He might be very useful in some stealth missions.”Captain Allon thought to himself.

“Computer, please continue to running analysis of all Cadets. I’m taking a work out break and will be in the Gym. Please let me know of any emergencies.” Captain Allon left his quarters and made his way down to the main gym on the 60th floor taking his personal jump tube to the floor.

Re: PZH update 3/7/15 Domain's Cell
Omni #841746 03/07/15 02:11 AM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Marina Bay, Metropolis. The Legion’s Secret Headquarters.

Down on the second level of the Legion’s headquarters. Domain lay staring up at the ceiling of “his new room.”

“IT’S UNFAIR. THE MIND WITCH FILLED MY MIND WITH ALL THAT FALSE INFORMATION. SHE SAID THE WORLD DIDN’T EXIST BUT HERE I AM OUTSIDE MY DOMAIN WITH THEM AND I EXIST AS DOES THE WORLD.” Domain thought to himself as he stared up at the ceiling even though this wasn’t a traditional cell it was still a cell.

The room was outfitted with a bed, a small wall commissary that created any type of small foods like fruit, coffee and even cookies. There was a small bathroom with a full working sonic shower, small sink and mirror and a toilet. There was even a small holo screen for watching TV and making calls or searching feeds. Domain already tried to use it as a portal to escape but his captors had already blocked it from being accessible to his dimensional technology. But he was determined to find away to access his fortune he’d worked to long and hard for those credits. It may have been a bit of fun as well. A smile crossed his hidden face causing his eyes the corners of his eyes to wrinkle his stark white skin.

“I’LL FIND A WAY OUT OF HERE AND BACK TO MY FORTUNE. THEY CAN’T KEEP IT FROM ME OR FROM FULFILLING MY CONTRACT.” Domain turned the holo screen on, figuring if he couldn’t escape he might as well catch up on his soaps.

“LET’S SEE…WHERE WAS I.. WHERE DID I LEAVE PRINCESS GIG OF ZEXXX V AND HER LONELY BUT LOVELY COMPANION FLUM THE GOOSE LAST ON AS ZEXXX V’S TURNS.”

Domain’s holo screen activated lighting the entire room. Sliding through the feed menus he found his show. But it was no longer princess Gig of Zexxx V and Flum the goose but Flum the princess of Gossen IV and Gig her lover of Zexxx V.

“WHEN DID THE GOOSE BECOME A PRINCESS… IT IS A SOAP OPERA SO THINGS COULD HAVE CHANGED A BIT…” Domain’s curiosity peeked. He checked other shows he watched in his down time. more of his shows had changed. Then he checked the news. Things he remembered from the last five years or so. Something else else’s were similar like people who were elected to his home world, and there was only Magno ball on Brall, Brall and Titan had still gone to war and were still tense at best. Then he searched Rokk Krinn. Rokk was an established magno ball player and champion. But that was it. No personal information beyond the game. Domain couldn’t understand how that was possible. Then he searched the Legion of Super Heroes and nothing was brought up. No history of a group by that name. anything related to super heroes dates father back than the groups inception.

“HOW COULD THERE BE NO LEGION? I FOUND THEM AND THEY BROUGHT ME HERE.” Domain thought to himself.

Then Domain searched his own name. but nothing came up just like the Legion. His past before he was Domain was gone. His childhood, his family who were already long gone away was truly gone. Domain lie back down and let this sink in before the wrinkles appeared on his stark white face again.

Last edited by Omni; 03/07/15 02:12 AM.

Omni #841750 03/07/15 03:16 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
XS, Ink, Dream Boy, Command Kid! What a great catch of cadets! Love the snippets of their b histories too. Can't wait to see this Jenni meet some of the others!

Domain realizing the truth was poignant too, well done.

I especially like Gim's continued strategic and tactical thinking. He already knows each cadet's strengths and weaknesses.

Omni #842084 03/08/15 10:28 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Thanks IB for the continued support!
i'm glad you like these cameos. I haven't fully decided if Jenni will make the special unit. but the future isn't set in stone. ;-)

Glad Domian's moment turned out well. it was a last minuet addition. i thought it would be nice to check in on him.

As much as many think of U247's Gim as a bad leader or more so himself, i think he really wasn't and i'm glad that i get to show case that here.

thank you again and up next

Brainy and Laurel's race to stop the nannites.
Girls night!
and Gim's going to be meeting up with someone before this day is thru.

Re: PZH update 3/11/15 Brain struggles
Omni #842590 03/11/15 07:30 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
En route to Colu:

Brainy sat in one of the floating couches on the observation deck staring at his Omnicom looking over the diagnostics of the nannites running in his and Laurel’s bodies. They were pretty sturdy machines. Able to process enough data in2 seconds to relay every bodily function, categorize them as normal or abnormal based on species. In essence they learn everything about the host body. They also regulate power usage and can take complete control of their host’s functions in order to incapacitate them if need be.

“Hmm… it seems the initial purpose of these nannites was strictly to monitor…the U.P.’s controlling aspects are present. That part of the nannites seems to be controlled remotely as there’s a signal broadcaster embedded in the nannites system. I wonder if I could either turn off the broadcaster…or maybe I could create a reversal signal.”

Brainy already knew he could rely information to the nannites to deceive them as he did with Laurel’s but he wasn’t sure if that was permanent or if the information would eventually be over ridden as the nannites collected more information about Laurel’s body. Brainy stood and walked to the lift tubes without taking his eyes off of his Omnicom. Brainy made his way down to the engineering deck. Like every Colu ship it was outfitted with a lab for the resident Brainiac. It didn’t take Brainy long to reach the lab. Once inside his first order of business was to attempt to extract one of the nannites. Brainy touched his and to his forehead touching one of the circular nodes that had been implemented as part of his upgrade from the anomaly; allowing him to use his arm body as connection between him and the Omnicom. Sending a gently pulse through his body he sent a message to the nannites hoping some of them would pick up the signal and flow out freely through several optimal exists. The pulse tickled a little as it reached his toes. Brainy smiled at the thought, which was another upgrade that he greatly enjoyed; the ability to feel enjoyment. Once the pulse was sent Brainy had to wait and see if any of them responded. While he waited he used the ships computer to check on some of the projects that Representative Gux had sent him to keep him busy. Thanks to Laurel’s spy work he knew that he need to find a way past the security system and into the nannite removal process.

Brainy had given a 3.5 second thought on using a harmonic vibration to shut them down but then determined that they would adjust to its frequency before it could shut them down.

“I wonder if I could over load the nannites…” Brainy thought to himself.
But Brainy wasn’t thinking in the traditional electrical sense. The nannites collected information on racial gifts and since his was to think, they wouldn’t shut him down as they aren’t monitoring his thoughts. He checked them for telepathic spy ware and thankfully they didn’t have any. But they were clearly capable of controlling a host.

“I’ll over load the nannites with the amount of information they will have to collect while I multitask and use my “power” to do so.” Instantly Brainy began his task of trying to over load the nannites by over thinking.

As Brainy concentrated on his task for Colu, as well as working on the nannites in Laurel’s system and his own treating the two as two separate problems, then thinking about the Legion’s problems, then he moved a track of thought to Lyle and their relationship and how much he cared for Lyle. He knew he wasn’t Lyle’s first choice and that Lyle loved someone else before him…that’s even if Lyle loved him. They had yet to say those words to each other on that level.

Lyle had been in love with and had a relationship with Condo Arlik a reporter who had covered stories on the Legion since its inception. Brainy never knew they were an item no one did. Just as no one knows he and Lyle are together. Brainy couldn’t help but remember the night him and Lyle finally started their relationship. They had been hopping through realities trying to find a way back into reality. On one of the realities they visited was a twilight realm where the sun cast a blue light hue on the lush green world that may have been a version of Earth.

Last edited by Omni; 03/11/15 07:33 PM.

Page 7 of 37 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 36 37

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,020
Posts1,045,063
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star