Roll Call
0 members (), 39 Murran Spies, and 7 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Legion Tracker - 05/02/24 04:32 PM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Ann Hebistand - 05/02/24 12:15 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/02/24 11:41 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/02/24 11:40 AM
Legion Trivia 6
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/02/24 11:09 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/02/24 11:07 AM
Postlo3w stories *LATEST UPDATE 1 MAY*
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/02/24 11:01 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 37 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 36 37
Re: PZH update 3/11/15 Brain struggles
Omni #842592 03/11/15 07:34 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
The Blue Sun Reality four months ago…

They had made camp in the Blue Sun reality for three days before they realized it wasn’t a place they could stay as the blue light from its sun was actually a sign that the Sun was about to go nova and destroy everything here. While there he and Lyle worked closely on trying to work their way back into the void.

“Lyle, I think if we adjust the calculations to the new treadmill we’ve been building it might actually survive with us this time.” Brainy had been looking over the calculations since they got here with Lyle. Brainy’s readings of the blue light detected radiation but he didn’t think it would be as much of a problem. He knew their flight rings eco-and bio-sphere shielding would protect them for a bit.

“Hmm… of course Brainy. I gave Garth the list of materials to try and find or create depending on what’s naturally available here.”

Brainy noticed how distracted Lyle was being.

“Lyle, are you feeling alright?” Brainy said without looking up from his Omnicom. But his eyes shifted up to look Lyle up and down before Lyle caught him and he returned his gaze to his Omnicom.

“I’m fine. It’s been a long couple of week’s reality hopping and I thought maybe we found a nice place to settle down.” Lyle said as he looked around. The lush green plants with their hues of blues, purples mixed in. sprite like creatures danced around them throwing off a little bit of white light. While purple flowers near tall trees blossomed lighting up the ground.

“Did you really want to say here? don’t you want to at least find a world closer to our own?”

“Why? So we can be reminded everyday that the lives we once lived are over and meet people we’ve met before who won’t know us. That friends, families and lovers wouldn’t even know our names.” Lyle’s voice quivered slightly.

“That is a reality, possibility, and even an inevitable when traveling in realities. But going places where there is no life and having to start a civilization is no way for us to live. Lyle we all deserve to find a home we’re all happy with.” Brainy knew many of his teammates were frustrated with all of this reality hopping. But he had no clue Lyle felt this way.

“I know Brainy. I know. I just can’t keep having my… to see him.” Lyle slumped down in front of one of the large dark trees and picked at one of the purple glowing blossom and began gently touching its petals with still glowed in his hand just not as brightly. His brown eyes cast down at the ground.

“See who?” Brainy walked over and sat down next to Lyle.

“Condo.”

“The reporter?”

“Yes, the reporter…and my boyfriend.”

“Is he the reason why you pulled away after that kiss on the cheek I gave you?”

“It was. I didn’t want to make him jealous and well I guess I just didn’t know how to tell you I was seeing someone already. I hadn’t told anyone. Sprock, Cham found out just a few weeks back on the 5th world we visited.”

“Why?”

“Querl your smart enough to know why.”

“Your habit of over zealously compartmentalizing your life?”

“Yes exactly. See I knew you were smart.” Lyle gave a slight smile.

“Well there is the option to seek him out once we find a new home and fall in love all over again.” Brainy said as evenly as he could muster. His gaze shifted to the ground as he said this and picked one of the glowing purple flowers for himself.

“It won’t be the same…and it won’t be my Condo. Besides I’m sure where or when ever we end up I’d have to lie to him about who I was. I’d never be able to have the closeness I had with my Condo.”

“I’m sorry Lyle. I wish there was more that I could say. But sadly I can’t.”

Brainy’s light green eyes searched Lyle’s face before asking his next question.

“Do you blame me for your unhappiness?” a lump grew in Brainy’s throat.

“No. why would I?”

“Because it was my idea to have XS and Impulse run and create the vibrational frequency to counter the Persuader’s atomic axe to send the alternate fatal fives home and cut us off from reality.” Brainy stated with ease.

“Brainy, I went along with the plan and we all knew the risks. We knew that we might not come back from that. But we did. We came back…just not everyone else did. But don’t think for a second that I blame you for Condo or anything else that’s happened. ” Lyle looked into Brainy’s eyes as he said this.

“Are you sure?”

“I’m sure. Besides if I did I wouldn’t spend as much time with you as I do.” Lyle said with a small smile as he plucked one of the glowing flower’s petals and dropped it to the ground. instantly the glow faded once it left his hand and touched the blue-green grass. Disappearing into a waft of periwinkle puff.

“I figured that was more out of circumstance.”

“Brainy, you’re my friend. As much as we’ve been competitors in the past, we’ve become great friends and I spend time with you because I want to. Besides we were hanging out a lot once things settled down a little on Legion World and you’d returned from the dead.” Lyle’s smile was broad.

“Thank you for the reassurance Lyle. I guess I just wasn’t sure and need to hear you say it. I know I don’t come off as insecure but after my “slip” things just seemed to change between us and then life continued to happen and we never really discussed it.”

“We’ll at the time there was no time. but now we have a moment. Is there still something to be discussed?” Lyle asked crossing his legs and leaning slightly forward while he still played with the glowing flower and its remaining petals.

Brainy looked at Lyle unsure what to say. He had given it lots of thought. But that was before he knew about Condo. He just always thought Lyle didn’t feel the same way. That Lyle might not be into other males. But now he wasn’t sure because now he really had no idea what to think. Brainy choose to do the opposite and not think. Leaning forward he gently kissed Lyle on the lips before sitting back across from Lyle, who sat there with his eyes open and a slight shocked look on his face.

“I guess now there is.” Brainy said.

Lyle stared at him unmoving and unsure what to do.

“Please say something Lyle. I just did what I felt. I know your still grieving Condo but I’ve wanted to do that for a long time and I didn’t know when I would get a chance again. I needed to tell you or in this case show you…”

Lyle gently lurched forward and kissed Brainy stopping him midsentence. Brainy’s eyes closed as they kissed and his worries melted away. Lyle pulled back and smiled as Brainy’s eyes and lips stayed in the closed and locked kissing position. Lyle slowly took Brainy’s hands in his, making Brainy open his eyes.

“Thank you. first for being my friend and trying to make me feel better and secondly thank you for showing me how you feel. I know that’s not easy for you.”

“But…”

“But I don’t know if I’m ready for this.”

“But the question is what is this?”

“This is…two people with a lot in common, who really enjoy each other’s company and…”Lyle didn’t finish his sentence because he wasn’t sure what this was.

“And it’s about two people who may have found something but are in no rush and wanting to explore it.” Brainy’s hopeful tone spread to his eyes.

Lyle smiled and leaned forward again and kissed Brainy again and just as softly.
-------------------------------------------------------------
**Special thanks to Invisible Brainiac for the use of his character developments with Lyle and his relationship with Condo.

Last edited by Omni; 03/11/15 08:53 PM.

read the adventures of the Reboot Legion!

http://www.legionworld.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=001232
Omni #842594 03/11/15 07:52 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
En route to Colu.(present day)

Brainy smiled as he continued to concentrate and multitask. He ran a diagnostic on the nannites and he hadn’t even reached a tenth of their capacity. Brainy wondered how much thinking and how many separate tracks he would need to think on. But as he checked the nannites again the pulse he sent 30 minutes ago had reached the nannites. Brainy figured the pulse would bring out a few thousand out of the millions that were now running through his body. Brainy grabbed a cloth off his bench and blew his nose as he felt it running. When he took away the cloth he noticed the metallic smell that had entered his nose. He opened the cloth and saw thousands of nannites attached to the cloth and his own mucus.

“Very good the pulse worked.” Brainy thought to himself and smiled.

But soon his smiled faded as his he doubled over in pain. His stomach hurt and he wasn’t sure why. Grabbing his Omnicom and trying to touch his hand to his forehead again to connect to the Omnicom’s bio reader function. But was unable to as what looked like silver liquid began to drip from his nose, and mouth. The corners of his eyes watered with the silver liquid dribbling out. Brainy began coughing as more nannites flew out from his mouth and nose.

“AAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!” Brainy screamed in pain as every nannite in his system responded to the pulse he sent and began pouring out of him.

Several decks up above Brainy’s lab Laurel lay there finally asleep after continuing to listen to the rhythmic hum of the engine when she heard Brainy scream.

“AHHHHHHHHHHH” Brainy’s scream rang loud in her ears and mind as she was still linked.

Before Laurel could say or think anything she was in flight and out the door. flying through the corridors of the ship she hoped she wasn’t noticed. Reaching Brainy’s lab she tried to open the doors. But they were locked. Instinctively her eyes glowed red and shot laser beams at the door before she busted through them. Brainy lay on the floor surrounded by a pool of silver nannites.

Last edited by Omni; 03/14/15 10:54 PM.

Omni #844806 03/21/15 07:13 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Hey Omni! That was a really touching scene with Lyle and Brainy, and I love how you segued into that from Brainy figuring out how to beat the nannites. It was a very smooth, natural segue!

And thanks for using the developments I introduced with Lyle telling Cham about his relationship with Condo, and all the compartmentalizing and stuff. I'm honored smile

Oh no, is Brainy going to be ok? Did the nannites trigger something, or is he just passed out from the strain of all of them going out at the same time? I hope it's only the latter! Can't wait to read what's next!

Omni #844874 03/22/15 01:29 AM
R
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
R
I just caught up on your Legion happenings, love Gim's role here given what happened to him in the postboot. Domain isn't my favourite character but I really liked the scene where he realised the extent of what's happened to him too, that was really well written.

My favourite so far is the Brainy and Laurel scenes though...some really great character development with those two! smile

Omni #845050 03/22/15 10:36 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
thank you IB and Raz for your continued support!

I'm glad your both finding things that you like about the teams adventures.

No thank you IB for providing some great material to add to this.

Don't worry IB, Brainy will be fine. there's no way i'm killing him off.

I'm very happy that everyone is enjoying Gim's role in this reality. I've got some things coming up for him that i hope you'll all really like.

Re: PZH update 3/30/15 Working out
Omni #846159 03/30/15 09:41 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Montauk Point, Metropolis Earth - United Planets Special Unit training academy.

Captain Allon entered the gym and quickly made his way to the hover track that ran around the ceiling of this gym. As it was on one of the high floors the gym was actually 4 floors and at the center of the building. The whole gym’s size was of four floors, from the floor of level 60 to ceiling of level 64. The freight elevator that ran up the back center of the tower stopped here at two points, one of which was at the track around the room. At the center of the room was a giant floating pool, not the biggest in the academy but it wasn’t anywhere near the smallest, which would be in an aquarium sized room of a lizard cadet with empathy abilities.

Captain Allon looked around and saw that he wasn’t the only one who was putting in a work out. He was slightly surprised that there were so many cadets who were working out after all their scrimmages. Looking over to the standing bench press Captain Allon saw the rock creature from the holo file he read earlier. The creature was lifting 2 tons on both sides and doing squats. While across on the way on the balance beam a toned young blond girl jumped and did flips and cartwheels. But she intermittently teleported herself, landing on the other end of the balance beam. Captain Allon noticed how incredibly agile she was. But he didn’t remember seeing her file.

“She must be in the batch of cadet I still have to go through.” Captain Allon thought to himself.

Captain Allon continued over to the freight elevator and took it up to the running deck. Captain Allon stepped off the freight elevator and stepped on to the running deck. On the wall the deck was attached to, a panel to choose the type of course from simple walking to full on sprints was available; along with choosing to add obstacles to the track. Captain Allon stretched and began a steady jog. No one else was one the track but he figured leave the setting on easy in case anyone else wanted to run. He also wasn’t sure how long he really could take before he had to get back to work. He’d lost count of how many cadet profiles he’d gone through but knew he had many more to go.

Down below Cadet Vi walked into the gym. She had gone to her room and met with Cadet Candi to discuss the abundance of clothes that Cadet Candi had brought. Vi didn’t have much in clothes. She never really did. But when your best friend can telekinetically alter the molecules of her wardrobe, she never had much need for a large one of her own. But now she felt like she had nothing at all. Vi missed Zoe so much sometimes and talking with Candi was defiantly making those feelings come up. Vi decided to go to the gym and workout some more before getting food later with the rest of her team before the girls night began. Lu and she were already attending the girl’s night and Ayla had been invited. But she still needed to talk to Tinya and Imra but she knew they would be staying in. she’d offer them and Jazmin and Umbra at their team meeting in the “couples suite” as it was now being called. Vi laughed to herself at the thought. It seems just like yesterday the team only had one real couple and now it was almost nothing but couples. But it was understandable under the circumstances. She couldn’t help but wonder if in this reality she might get her second chance at a coupling. As if right on cue Vi looked up and saw Gim running on the upper deck running track. Her pace quickened as did her pulse. Vi wished she could use her flight ring right about now. Then Vi looked and saw a trampoline.

“That could work without having to wait for the freight elevator.” Vi thought to herself. Even thought the freight elevator was quick it would put her on the opposite side of the track from Gim and it would take longer to get closer to him and she didn’t know how long he was going to be here for. The track ran around the entire upper level of the gym.

Getting a running start Vi jumped on the trampoline, hitting it square in the center giving her a good bounce and as it hurtled her up she shrunk down to microscopic size gliding on the molecules in the air. Then growing back to ragdoll size she grabbed hold of a set of floating parallel bars and growing in size to give her some weight to spin several times around them before launching herself up and on to the upper running deck. Vi flew through the air hoping she’d given herself enough momentum to reach the track above. But as she flew she realized mid way she would fall short and not reach the track above. Instinctively shrinking again to subatomic size she jumps from atom to atom riding them till she reached the track above but barely as she grasped the edges. She re-grew to 3 inches tall to pull herself up on to the track. Once she made her way to the center of the track she grew to her normal height, which made her shorter than Gim. But it felt more natural to meet him as she did; as herself but then she remembered all she had been through and she grew two inches. She wasn’t the same height but Gim wouldn’t tower over her now and he would see the confidence she now had instead of her shy self.

Vi began to jog as she could hear him coming. She kept it light allowing him to catch up to hear. But after the work out it took to get up there she was a little winded. So it wasn’t too hard to let him catch up.

Gim’s jog was steady as he had watched Cadet Vi make her way up to the track. He was impressed with her skills.

“Hey Cadet Vi! Nice work.”

“Oh hi Captain. You saw?”

“Sure did. You’re very agile.”

“Thank you Captain.” Vi blushed a bit.

“In the gym you can call me Gim. I really hate a lot of this formality.” He smiled at Vi.

“OK. Thank you Gim.” She said keeping stride with Gim.

“So did you learn those tricks on your travels?” Gim asked.

“Yes and no. On Imsk we all practice our craft very rigorously. Shrinking down to atomic size isn’t as easy as everyone thinks. You’ve got to shrink just right and I was one of three Imsk champions from the Imsk games, which not only test our shrinking abilities but also our fighting, and acrobatic skills.” Vi smiled simply. She knew she would have to be careful about things she said to Gim. But she wasn’t going to lie either.

“Wow that’s pretty impressive. I didn’t know Imsk had games like that or that you trained so hard. I just knew the shrinking ability was from an aura you all carry and that it helped with space and population control as your world became over populated centuries ago.”

“That sounds about right.” Vi said with a smile.

“But maybe it’s time you learned more.” And with that Vi picked up her speed a bit and paced ahead of Gim.

Gim smiled as he picked up the pace to catch her.

Last edited by Omni; 03/30/15 09:42 PM.

Omni #846160 03/30/15 09:43 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
“I’d love to learn more.” Gim said breathlessly as they continued on their run.

“Well any time you’d like to chat. I’m at your command.” Vi couldn’t believe it. She was flirting. Maybe after listening to Zoe and Lu for so many years finally paid off. It didn’t hurt that she’s had dreams of conversations with Gim for ages and how she would have done it all differently.

“I will definitely take you up on that offer. Once I’ve finished all my work that is.” He said with a wink.

“I’m sure you do have a lot of work. Over 300 cadets here easily and running a new program. It must all be very stressful.”

“It can be. But I think I’ve got this. I’ve gone through a lot of the cadets already and I’ve seen a lot of promise but I’ve also seen of washouts Haha. But I think many of you are going to make fine officers. Besides we’ve just begun and have time.” Gim’s last words rang with hope as he truly hoped they would indeed have the proper time.

“True. We have just begun.” Vi said as she slowed down to a jog for a moment.
Gim matched her speed.

“Tired already?”

“No. but as you said we just began. Don’t want to use up all my energy before I bet you.” Vi said with a wide smile.

“Beat me?”

“Yup. First one to the panel wins.” Vi gestured her head up head.

Gim realized it wasn’t too far, maybe a good 200 meters away.

“On your mark…get set… GO!!!!” Vi called and the two of them raced to the panel.

Vi ran as hard as she could and Gim was doing the same. Gim could see how much Vi was trying and that she wasn’t going to let him win because he was the Captain. Gim’s face tightened and reddened as he ran. His breaths somewhat shallow and sweat dripped down his face. Vi’s hair was tied back and a few strands had fallen out as she tried to keep her breath steady. Neither giving up and running fast and hard with each stride Vi just barely passed Gim as she hit the panel tripping and falling into the wall she set off one of the obstacles; a small blue force field half wall appeared behind her causing her to fall over backwards.

“Hahahaahah” Gim stopped dead and laughed heartily as he doubled over and braced himself on his knees before walking over to Vi to help her up.

“Need a hand Cadet? Haha.” Gim tried to stifle his laughter a little.

“Thanks…” Vi said bashfully.

“I guess we still have some agility to teach you.” Gim said with a smile as he opened a panel in the wall revealing a food replicator. Gim tapped two buttons and in seconds two bottles of water appear.

“I guess so.” Vi took the bottle from him and few small sips.

“Hear…” Gim reached out his hand and helped pull Vi up.

“Thanks.” Vi said as he pulled her up.

“Ready to go again?” Gim smiled.

“Sure.” Vi smiled back. She didn’t want to let go.

“Good and Go!” Gim grabbed Vi and pulled her past him as he sprinted off down the track.

“Oooo I’m still going to win!” Vi called as she ran after him.

Omni #846170 03/30/15 11:26 PM
R
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
R
Vi getting another chance with Gim is really cute, and I love how you described her size-changing trick to get up to the track. That would look awesome as an animated sequence! smile

Omni #846186 03/31/15 03:54 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
I agree, I had a big smile on my face reading this bit. You also did a good job showing how Vi is more confident now, but still a bit surprised at how confident she is!

Great job also referencing how much Vi misses Zoe, and how Candi and all her clothes reminded her of Zoe. Vi picking up

I also like how you have the Legionnaires keep talking about their homeworlds, even though their homeworlds might be very different in this reality. If I were in their shoes I would do that too!

Invisible Brainiac #846247 03/31/15 03:37 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Hey Raz and IB thank you both so much for the kind words.

It still amazes me how much everyone's like the Gim stuff and i'm so happy about it!

Originally Posted by razsolo
I love how you described her size-changing trick to get up to the track. That would look awesome as an animated sequence! smile

thank you Raz. i'm glad that read as well as i was picturing it. i had a hard to coming up that section. so thank you again!

Originally Posted by Invisible Brainiac
I agree, I had a big smile on my face reading this bit. You also did a good job showing how Vi is more confident now, but still a bit surprised at how confident she is!

I think Vi's come along way but she's got her moments. i think when you've grown like she has, and then your presented with in this case an idea of someone who knew her before her change, its easy to fall back to how you were.

Great job also referencing how much Vi misses Zoe, and how Candi and all her clothes reminded her of Zoe. Vi picking up

thank you. i mean how could she not think of Zoe with all those cloths! lol.

also what did you mean by vi picking up??

I also like how you have the Legionnaires keep talking about their homeworlds, even though their homeworlds might be very different in this reality. If I were in their shoes I would do that too!

thank you. I agree i think i would do the same. I think of it as a way to keep them sane. Plus they do need to have some sort of back story... when writing them sometimes i feel like they are in a witness protection program. where none of them what to lie but have to. Vi who wants a real second chance with Gim isn't going to lie to him.

Re: PZH update 3/31/15 Working out
Omni #846251 03/31/15 04:04 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Down below Andy had been working out near the bench presses and Virtual reality combatants pad, which he was next in line to try out, when he saw Vi and Gim on the running track above. Andy’s steel grey eyes saddened and his head fell. He wanted to cry a little but he also wanted to punch something. Andy knew this was a possibility the moment he and the others were captured and they saw Captain Gim. He knew Vi had feelings for Gim. But that was before he was apart of the team. In fact Gim was dead by the time he joined. He wanted to be happy for Vi but he finally thought he might have a shot. he may not be flesh and blood any more but he thought they still had a chance.

Andy’s head shot up as he heard the V.R. combatants fighting the current person in the V.R pad’s golden field disrupting him from his thoughts. . A crowd had started to form around the . V.R. pad to watch. The combatant was kicking the V.R.’s butt. Each move precise and exact.

“Whoever that is they are quick…but not a speedster.” Andy thought to himself.

The time limit on the V.R. pad was close. Andy was happy to see he was next and that the current user was almost done. As Andy looked up the current person using the Virtual reality combatant program removed their helmet and the V.R. pad powered down lowering its golden field. Andy was surprised to see Cadet Harris stepping towards him to give him the helmet.

“Here you go.” Cadet Harris smiled thinly as he long raven haired braid was pulled forward and her purple eyes sparkled.

Andy took the helmet but could barely must a thank you before she was out of ear shot to hear it. Andy looked down at the helmet before putting it on and stepping on the V.R. pad activating its golden field.

“Computer continue program from previous user.” Andy smiled and began the same simulation and fighting fast and hard.

Last edited by Omni; 03/31/15 04:12 PM.

Re: PZH update 3/31/15 When nannites attack
Omni #846281 03/31/15 08:55 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
En route to Colu. Brainiac 5’s Lab.

“Brainy!!” Laurel raced into the lab and picked him up out of the silver pool of nannites around him quickly lifting him to a hover table that was nearby. Laurel used her super hearing listened to his heartbeat and it was stabilizing quickly. But he wasn’t waking.

Laurel walked over to his Omnicom which was on the floor near the silver pool of nannites.

“What were you doing Brainy?” Laurel looked through his data. She wasn’t anywhere near as smart as Brainy but she understood that he found away to get rid of the nannites.

“He had two experiments going at once... but which one caused this?” Laurel read Brainy’s notes and very specific instructions.

“Ughhh…..it was the pulse.” Brainy said weakly as he began to rouse.

“Brainy, your awake?”

“Yes. I simply passed out from over exertion to how many of those sprocking nannites were leaving my system. Could you please get me some water. There should be a food replicator to your left, if I studied the schematics of this lab correctly before my… mishap.” Brainy sat up and rubbed the back of his head. When he pulled away he found nannites in hair.

Brainy went over to the sonic shower quickly undressing and jumping in to get every last nannite off of his body. He didn’t want any of them potentially re-infesting him. He knew they needed to be injected to do so. But he didn’t want to take any chances. After five minutes Brainy stepped out and Laurel handed him the water and a towel.

“Thank you Laurel.” Brainy took a long swig from the canister of water.

“I added in a healing agent from Daxam, its fava juice from the Fava cactus. The replicator had it on file. It will help you feel replenished and rehydrated quickly. They are the best thing to find if your ever stranded in the deserts on Daxam. My father used to swear by them.” Laurel smiled as Brainy drank.

“Also next time you need a lab rat, I’d rather you use me than yourself.”

“Sorry Laurel. But considering how easy it was for the nannites to detect your true heritage and how they sent your powers out of control, almost as if you had lead poisoning…” Brainy trailed off.

“What is it Brainy?”

“I wonder if the nannites were in place or maybe being put into practice before Daxam’s exile. If so someone may have triggered them to cause Daxmaites to lose control of their abilities and they blamed it on the “Lead virus” to start the quarantine.”

“That’s a pretty big conspiracy theory Brainy.”

“No bigger than the one where you were sent as a spy into the Legion and gave them a lead serum that drove those who took it insane as it was designed specifically for you.” Brainy said objectively. Instantly he saw the hurt in Laurel’s eyes.

“I’m sorry Laurel. I was just stating facts.” Brainy took her hand gently.

“I know. I think I’ll always feel completely responsible though.”
“But you weren’t. you acted out of ignorance.”

Last edited by Omni; 03/31/15 08:56 PM.

Omni #846282 03/31/15 08:57 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
“Thank you Brainy. I think I just needed to hear someone say that. But you really think that’s why Daxam went into a quarantine state here, that someone manipulated the nannites?” Laurel tried to return to the topic at hand.

“It’s possible. I can look into it and I’ll share my suspicions with Lyle and M’Onel in my next communication to them later tonight. The nannites are a great way to remotely activate and control the population which is clearly what the U.P. has been doing with them. They also stealthily collect all information of the host and to be honest Daxmaites especially when they leave Daxam are among the most powerful in the galaxy. If they found out the U.P.’s plans there could have been a revolt. Possibly even causing the U.P. to fall apart; which wouldn’t be a surprise considering how fragile their political system seems.”

“Brainy, I have one more question.”

“Yes?”

“When can I have my nannites extracted?”

“Once I find a safer way and I’m sure they won’t harm you. I have to study what the pulse did to the nannites to make them respond so effectively. The signal was only supposed to affect a few thousand.”

“I’m not sure we have that kind of time.”

“Why?”

Laurel began to shake slightly. The use of her heat vision set off the nannites overriding Brainy’s earlier commands. Brainy quickly laid Laurel on the table he had been on. Instantly a small amount of foam came from her mouth as he eyes fluttered and her laser vision flickered on and off. Brainy erected his force field around her.

“By Damn! The nannites are working faster on her now. They are still trying to subdue her. by why is it setting off her powers. When it did it happened to Jazmin during registration she was going to be knocked out at the most. Why was it trying to lethally subdue her?” Brainy thought to himself as he dropped his force field long enough to attach the sensor pads to Laurel’s forehead and neck.

Brainy reactivated the force field just in time and began taking readings on Laurel and her nannites. Their coding is over riding my instructions and are killing her retroactively for the use of her powers…” Brainy’s eyes widened in horror.

He had no choice. He sent the pulse through her body twice just as he had done on himself. He hoped her natural invulnerability would help her while the nannites hopefully exited her body. But he wasn’t sure if the nannites would respond the same way as they were still in extermination mode. Brainy tried to communicate with the nannites as he did before and even tried to change their base coding. But each attempt was blocked. Laurel’s eyes stopped fluttering. But she began to levitate slightly above the table before she drops and goes right through the table breaking it in half.

“The nannites are actively activating her powers to crush her. I just need the right code!” Brainy thought to himself.

Omni #846283 03/31/15 08:58 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
The Omnicom’s reading were off the charts on how much info the nannites were collecting while targeting her system. Then Brainy found one nannite that had started to respond to the two pulses he had sent. The nannite no longer attacking put speeding towards up from her esophagus and into her mouth. But as it passed other nannites they too began to follow.

“Yes! Some have received the signal…but it’s not enough. But If I send another pulse it could make it worse than when they left my system.” Brainy tried to run the calculations as fast as he could but he felt like even his 12th level intelligence couldn’t compute fast enough to save her.
Brainy rashly tapped the screen of the Omnicom once more sending another pulse through Laurel’s entire body, but modified the signal to decrease and not reverse those close to where the original ones were that had already exited her body. Brainy grabbed a towel and wiped the small stream silver that ran down her chin as she lay there gently convulsing. There wasn’t much more he could do but monitor and wait. He hadn’t felt this useless in awhile. Continuing to monitor the nannites he saw that more and more were turning off and finding ways to exit her body. Brainy just watched as she calmed down and passed out. But as she lay there unconscious silver dripped left every orifice creating a pool about her.

“Thank grief she’s unconscious for this. Indeed less painful.” Brainy made a note about this on his Omnicom. Now he knew away to get them out of everyone’s system if need be.

Now he had to just wait and make sure Laurel recovered properly. He guessed she might be out for at least the next day or so. As it was much more violent a expelling than his own.

Last edited by Omni; 04/01/15 12:18 PM.

Omni #846433 04/01/15 09:50 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Originally Posted by Omni

thank you. i mean how could she not think of Zoe with all those cloths! lol.

also what did you mean by vi picking up??

Oops! I was interrupted while typing that so forgot I didn't finish my sentence. I was going to say I like Vi thinking that she picked up flirting tips from Zoe and Lu.

And yes, I like the Gim stuff! you have made him very likable, he has the "old" Gim's concern for his team but this Gim is much calmer and doesn't let his emotions get in the way (so far)!

Omni #846434 04/01/15 09:55 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Liked the Ferro/Nightwind scene! They would make an interesting couple, Berta's ambition and Ferro's more sensitive nature make a good mix. Nice nod to Ferro's crush on Vi.

Brainy has grown a lot, apologizing to Andromeda for inadvertently hurting her feelings. I'm glad he figured out how to deactivate the nanites, and that Laurel will be OK. They are certainly turning out to be very sinister!

Omni #847302 04/07/15 09:14 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Wow, I'm away for a week or two and fall w-a-y behind!

Loads of great stuff going on here Omni, from Captain Allon's examining the cadets files - a great wayto introduce us to them - and it was really interesting how he thought of their potential rather thaqn just the applications that they had exhibited; he's a natural leader!

I've no ideawho Ink is so am curious to see what you do with her next. Command Kid is a worry as he was pretty dangerous in the comics - not just because of his abilities but his way to manipulate people too through his scheming and so I wonder if Cap'n Allon knows what he's gotten himself into? Rol Purtha, yeah, good, I do love Rol so it's great to see him make an appearance too.

So Domain now understands the truth, I wonder what you have planned for him next?

Interesting how Lyle and Brainy's relationship is being developed, I know there's a ton of fan-fics out there with them as a couple so it's refreshing that you have them taking it slowly and just enjoying each others company - that's very sweetly done.

Nice cliffhanger with Brainy removing the nannites from his system and Laurel's concern, I really wanted the next post to carry that arc on.

It's really interesting how you casually mention loads of background information, like how the pool isn't as small as the one that housed the cadet that is a lizard cadet with empathy abilities... well done, these little almost throwaway nuggets keep the feeling of being part of a hugely expansive universe without losing the confined life of being a cadet involved in the cery regimented training.

Very nice characterisation for Vi, she's still not overly confident yet is prepared to show off a bit for Gim and as IB said above the sizechanging part would make a great animation. Hopefully Andy won't get too jealous of Vi's interest in Gim, and to add to others opinions, he would be great for Berta, though I doubt she would initially have the emotional openness to go along with anything other than friendship, while I reckon he is desperate for approval so could be treated fairly poorly in a relationship and come back for more. I guess we'll need to see if you are planning anything further with these two. It'll also be interesting to see what exactly Berta was dealing with on the VR combat.

Brainy's affection for Laurel was very touching as shefell unconscious though I fear that somehow the powers that be will know that the two Legionnaires are now nannite free.

Wow! What a rush reading these posts Omni, you are creating your own universe and it's rich and lush and very alluring! Looking forward to where you take the team next,

More, more, more!

Legion Worlds NINE - wait, there's even more ongoing amazing adventures? Yup, and you'll only find them in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.
Omni #847491 04/08/15 10:33 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Wow Harbinger! thank you again for the indepth review!

I'm glad your liking what i've done so far. Things are changing for the team.

Andy won't be too jealous for long. Berta and Andy may have something coming but they may not. only time will tell.

I'm glad i had you hooked with Brainy and Laurel. smile
The powers that be will know but Rep. Gux's isn't cooked yet.

Plus the nannites history is going to be explored soon.

I'm glad you like Lyle and Brainy. the slow route is the best with them. but their exploration of what they are is just begging.

Just to give proper credit it was Raz who pointed out the animation sequence. but its awesome you agree. as i said i had a hard time with that one.

The cadets are in for a ride. Command Kid and Ink i think will be some fun additions to this world.

Got lots more coming soon.

Re: PZH update 4/20/15 Connecting the Dots
Omni #848805 04/20/15 10:40 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Marina Bay, Metropolis. The Legion’s Secret Headquarters.

Lyle stretched as he sat in front of the multi holo screens and touch panels of the new monitor room. He’d been here since the meeting let out this morning. Aside from his momentary departure to deal with the Domain crisis. Which according to the read outs and cameras from his room, he was just watching the feeds.

“Thank grief.” Lyle thought to himself. They needed things to quiet down around here before they got crazy again.

Lyle had been going through all the information M’Onel found. He figured it be easier as he might not have as much compared to what Brainy had already given him to work on. But he was wrong. M’Onel had done some impressive digging. He acquired public records about Daxam’s history pre-quarantine. He had a separate time line for Roaxx’s life and political career per and post quarantine as he was the U.P. representatives and had continued to check in for five years. After that there was radio silence from Roaxx and Daxam as a whole had gone dark since the day the quarantine took effect. Several searches were made for “white triangle” but not much was turned up. He also included all research known about the lead virus.

“Gezzz M’on… you sure went into a lot of detail. What didn’t you look into?” Lyle thought as he shifted the screens to bring up M’Onel’s search history.

“Well I guess he did a lot of work for me…ok here are the basics…20 years ago a outbreak of the Lead Virus happened. But I’m sure it’s occurred before. There must have been numerous out breaks across Daxam to cause this level of concern.” Lyle looked for the reported numbers which was in the thousands.

“But there is not one full case file associated with most of them. There are only 10 to 20 actual case files about those infected and many of them were only near a stage 2 or 3, which according to information on the virus is still treatable and curable and only two actually died. Why would they miss represent the numbers…” Lyle read the files over and over. But he wasn’t finding any other case files or infected to look into.

Lyle checked the cases and start dates of symptoms for the files. He did find that of the possible 20 case files 7 started within three months, nothing to cause a planet and population quarantine. But as he was reading their files about how they became infected he received a message from Brainy.

Last edited by Omni; 04/20/15 10:41 PM.

Omni #848806 04/20/15 10:47 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
“Dear Lyle,

I know we were supposed to have a meeting later with the team but I’ve come across some information on the nannites that maybe of use to you. First things first Colu has a way to extract them and use broadcasting bracelets which relay the same information as the nannites but allow the host to retain free will; which the United Planets doesn’t want. Each planet is out fitted with a remote control center. Sadly I have already proven to be a bit over zealous for the Representative that is assigned to watch over me. Due to his desire to control both Laurel and I, we have expunged the nannites from our bodies. I think it necessary for me to send you the plans to replicate the process amongst the team. I will send the process in ten minutes after I have sent this to allow for me to work out a much more peaceful expunging than either mine or Laurel’s.

Secondly I’ve looked into the creation of the nannites. I’ve hacked Colu’s system and accessed every file on the program. (This was not the reason for their want to control me. I choose to do this after.) Their creation coincides with the quarantine of Daxam.

I also looked into the original programming for subduing their host. The protocols to subdue a Daxamite were actually those to kill them and/or simulate the symptoms of the lead virus. I have a hunch that the nannites were used as a means to keep the Daxmaites on world and that many of those thousands of cases were actually those injected with the nannites, unknowingly and knowingly is my guess. But the question remains why? The most logical reason would be a revolt and disbanding of the United Planets. If the U.P.’s intentions of controlling its populace were discovered, I can only assume that Daxmaites off world would pose the greatest threat. But considering there are remote control center’s on every planet, their intentions must be known. (I would like to note that Daxam is the only United Planets member without a remote control center. This may debunk my theory of them being connected.)

But I do believe they may have helped in “showing the dangers” of the “lead virus” or were possibly the lead virus itself. For they cause the host to mimic the symptoms of the lead virus in the early stages. I learned this through the readings I’ve done on the nannites that were in Laurel’s system.

However I think there was another catalyst for creating the nannite system and forcing the Daxmaites into “quarantine.” I’m assuming you’ve finished M’Onel’s research and have found a catalyst. If not I have a theory and it is not a theory I think any of us wanted to deal with any time soon, Mordru. The nannites creation coincides with his emergence and conquering of several worlds. Including one that is simply known as “The Dead World”. I searched all I could and found no information of this world before Mordru’s conquest and destruction other than its location on the outer skirts of United Planet’s space.

A small team may want to investigate this planet and see what’s left. I have a feeling there’s more to the story as there’s no information left. Not even a planetoid designation on recorded. This is highly suspicious.

I hope these insight find you in good tidings and I look forward to seeing you that at the meeting.

Brainy.

Omni #848807 04/20/15 10:49 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
“Brainy I don’t even know where to begin.” Lyle thought to himself. He rubbed his eyes before he dug into the material. Brainy’s theories were spot on as usual and looking through what M’Onel had gathered his findings showed that there were five of those treated at Medicus I for the lead poisoning outbreak who had been off world, three were off world for mere hours and two other members of the group for a day.

“It seems they were all part of a group of medics being sent out to Mordru’s territory in a rescue mission. But then came down with the lead virus. They had all been off world before. They could have been exposed at any time. But the lead virus’s affects are instantaneous …which is odd. But why were they being sent?” Lyle thought aloud as he looked to see if M’Onel had looked into their histories and professions. He hadn’t. Lyle began digging as fingers gliding across the light panels as the glow casting a shadow across his face. Then the giant main screen light up bathing Lyle’s face in light.

“This just in. After the brutal battle against Mordru and his magical forces, on the edges of the Chthalonia System, several planets including Daxam, Dhor, Xudar, and Medicus I and II will be sending out doctors and nurses in abundance over the next couple weeks. The Chthalonia System is home to a group of planets that were once apart of Mordru’s empire. This is the latest system to come under attack by the ancient sorcerer, since his reemergence 15 long years ago. The United Planets has done its best to protect those worlds that are within its borders. But things are not looking great. United Planet’s President Viv Ga of Vonn has done his best in these trying times but with the elections just around the corner he may have stiff competition from Presidential candidate Jenni Chu who just may find herself in the commander’s seat if her peace talks with Mordru’s emissary Mysa the hag go as well as planned.

That was your “This just in”. I’m Condo Arlik and have nebula day from The Spin!”

Lyle’s eyes watered slightly as he stared at the holo screen with a frozen Condo smiling back at him and at that moment the holo screen was the only light in the entire room. He knew it was a possibility but he never thought he’d see Condo again. He looked so young here. Lyle searched the date and realized it was just under five years ago.
“This would be at the start of his career.” Lyle thought. He hesitated for a moment before searching Condo’s name in the feeds. Lyle found him quickly. He was right where Lyle had left him; reporting on the latest happenings around the galaxy as the interstellar correspondent for the Daily Planet. Lyle had recommended he take that position in the early days of the Fatal 500. The U.P. was doing everything they could to get everyone off of Earth and Lyle pleaded with Condo to leave. But Condo ever the professional reporter wanted to remain true to his post and viewers. Lyle knew the only way he would go is if a better there was a better opportunity out there and the better opportunity was with The Daily Planet’s open interstellar correspondent spot.

Lyle missed Condo still. But he knew this wasn’t his Condo; even if this somehow was their home reality but somehow screwed up and besides that he had Brainy…Querl, now and he helped Lyle to finally start to feel hopeful again. They may have found a place to call home. Although he had to admit to himself he would have been perfectly happy living in the Blue Sun jungle reality. That had been his favorite so far of all the ones they had visited. Condo’s winning smile beamed back at him. Lyle quickly shifted the holo screen to minimize that particular screen. He needed to focus and Condo was just something that he had to take out of focus. Lyle quickly found himself getting reimbursed in the search for the connection between Mordru and Daxam’s quarantine and quickly began compiling his own timeline of the events of Mordru’s return to the modern world.

Last edited by Omni; 04/20/15 10:51 PM.

Omni #848808 04/20/15 10:50 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
“OK…. Let’s see if I’ve got a working theory yet…” Lyle thought to himself as leaned back in his hover chair and studied

“Mordru was released 20 years ago from asteroid Yuen by a mining project. Once release he sought out to regain strength and all his lost talismans; including the Emerald Eye and his empire. After he left Yuen he traveled to this “Dead World”…which is close to Yuen, but not close enough… he had to have been summoned there. Once there he consumed the world.”

“Computer run a search for “The Dead World” and cross references it with a search for Mordru. I’m imputing the coordinates Brainy left. Please search for any information about those as well and cross reference the two.”

“Yes sir.” Toned the automated voice of the computer.

“But why this world? And why was it wiped from existence? It has to be a magic spell of some sort; combined with technology… magic can’t change history on this scale without time travel and as we’ve learned this reality is barely functional on that level.”

“Don’t be so certain about magic changing history Lyle.”

Lyle spun around to see Nura standing at the door to the monitor room.

“True…magic is unpredictable and even though I’ve seen plenty of things I’m still a man of logic…and there is no way this world was wiped clean purely through magic. I’ve started searches connecting Mordru and the dead world’s supposed coordinates. Mordru thrives on myth, superstition, and legend as much as any good dictator. He would obliterate a world because he can and not think twice. Why wipe this world from memory?”

“I’m sure there is more to the story Lyle and it lies on this Dead World. But I fear it’s only the beginning.

“Vision?”

“Vision. There is a reason for Dead World being locked away from everyone’s reach and mind. But I couldn’t see clearly the reason. All I could see was a meeting long ago between two women and they made an agreement.”

Lyle spun around instantly and glided his finger tips across the light board.

“Where these two women you saw?” Lyle had pulled up the screen with Condo’s report and showed a holo image of Presidential candidate Jenny Chu and Mysa meeting on Yuen, which has become the ambassadorial meeting place between the Mordru’s empire and the U.P.

“Yes… that’s them. I forgot what Mysa looked like in her hag form.” Nura said as she walked up to the screens and looked over Lyle’s shoulder at the holo screens.

“Me too. It’s been forever since we’ve seen her like that. But why would they have a neutral meeting place just light years from where they are trying to hide something? That makes no sense.”

“Or it makes the perfect sense. What’s the best way to hide something?” Nura smiled at Lyle coyly.

“In plain sight.”

“Very good Invisible Kid. Ha.” Nura said with a chuckle.

“Did you see anything else in your vision, besides the two of them meeting?”

“I saw the place there in obviously, which is where Mordru was released from…then the meeting…” Nura closed her eyes trying to recall the vision. Ever since they came here even with her Khaudian training she was having issues with some of the bigger visions. But she saw perfectly fine that Lyle was going to knock over his coffee.

“Three…two…one…” Nura said gently.

“SPROCK IT!” Lyle’s coffee went flying.

Nura would have normally giggled at things like that if she predicted it. But that was before her training and before they entered this reality. She hated that she knew something big was coming and she couldn’t get her vision sharp enough to grasp it.

“Here” Nura handed Lyle a towel from the auto dispenser’s Chuck had built into the auto cleaning system that senses every spill in the entire headquarters.

“Thanks. Where were we?”

“My vision of President Chu, she wins by the way if that wasn’t obvious and the Hag “emissary” or should I say slave or Mordru. I saw her chained to Mordru’s thrown, while President Chu celebrated her win. I’m not totally sure how but I think Chu’s win came at the cost of Mysa’s freedom.” Nura said as her vision clouded over again but this time all she saw was green light and suddenly the images of the two women appeared again but the Emerald Eye was glowing in between the two.

“Lyle, I think things just got more complicated.”

“Vision?”

“Vision and this time it was the same one I just told you about but with the Emerald Eye present. I think somehow the Eye is responsible for the two of them meeting and why Mordru stopped his invasion.”

“Computer, please search all feeds, articles, current and historical about the Emerald Eye.” Lyle’s tone said everything.

They knew the Eye, Mysa and Mordru were connected but now they were also connected to Daxam’s quarantine and President Chu, one of the most manipulative women in politics the Legion had ever met.

Omni #848811 04/21/15 02:35 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Good stuff Omni, nice to focus on Lyle as he tries to work out the 'bigger picture'. I liked how Condo still turns his head, in fact you write Lyles personality really well: cool, calm and collected. Nura s vision giving further hints is great, and I'd guess the dead planet is Zerox! Looking forward to where you take us next Omni, more, more, more!

Legion Worlds NINE - wait, there's even more ongoing amazing adventures? Yup, and you'll only find them in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.
Omni #848827 04/21/15 11:51 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Whew. The introduction of Condo was bittersweet, I could really feel Lyle's pain. Wonder if they will get together?

I love how you are writing Dreamer, nice bit where she thinks how she used to giggle.

The Daxam mystery is deepening, very nice!

And chu and the Eye, oh my. I'm sure this Chu will indeed be a handful too!

Invisible Brainiac #848879 04/21/15 09:22 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Originally Posted by Harbinger
Good stuff Omni, nice to focus on Lyle as he tries to work out the 'bigger picture'. I liked how Condo still turns his head, in fact you write Lyles personality really well: cool, calm and collected. Nura s vision giving further hints is great, and I'd guess the dead planet is Zerox! Looking forward to where you take us next Omni, more, more, more!

Thank you Harbinger! Lyle was always one of my faves. so i'm glad You like how i've been writing him.

and i'm going to tell you now Zerox is alive and well an the current throne world of Mordru.

So its another world that will play a part.

Whew. The introduction of Condo was bittersweet, I could really feel Lyle's pain. Wonder if they will get together?

I love how you are writing Dreamer, nice bit where she thinks how she used to giggle.

The Daxam mystery is deepening, very nice!

And chu and the Eye, oh my. I'm sure this Chu will indeed be a handful too!

thanks IB! idk i'm not sure if they will yet. but if something does happen then Brainy will sure have something to say about it.

Thank you i think that's the thing about Dreamer, is she sees the future but doesn't reflect on her past too much. i wanted to delve into that especially since she had changed so much. plus she's so frustrated about her abilities and its making her feel the way she used to with being useless and silly that her training was all for not but she can't help but notice how she's changed.

OH Chu is a problem alright and not just in the past smile

more coming soon!

Page 8 of 37 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 36 37

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,020
Posts1,045,077
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
LegionFan223
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Elvis Lad
Elvis Lad
Hollywood, Ca
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star